PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun???

WisChief
08-24-2001, 09:55 AM
Last night I had to listen to the game on real player....

I kept hearing the gun mentioned - mostly during Collins' 2 min drill at the end of the first 1/2....

Obviously it worked well for him - but is this something that is going to be a part of the game plans all the time????

keg in kc
08-24-2001, 09:56 AM
I think so. They've said from the beginning they're going to use it.

Green took plenty of snaps from the 'gun, too, btw.

58Forever
08-24-2001, 10:02 AM
And the best part is they run and pass out of the gun...Green and Collins looked comfortable with it...and everytime I saw it used it went off without a problem...no bad snaps, etc...

Grbitch could not have handled this offense...I loved the guy when he was here but I'm glad he's gone now that I've seen this offense...Green was the only choice and Vermeil knew that from day one...Elvis has left the building, thank God...

Hey, what would a day without a little Elvis bashing be like?...:D

Hoover
08-24-2001, 10:03 AM
I must say that I love the shotgun. When we used it we kept two back in the backfield for adderd qb protection. Green looked great in it, but I was really pleased at how well Collins looked.

Hoover

HC_Chief
08-24-2001, 10:04 AM
We ran the shotgun/2RB set quite a bit last night. Worked very well for us.

Todd Collins looked very good in the 2-minute offense. IF he ever starts in place of an injured Green (hopefully not), we should consider the no-huddle hurry-up. Todd looks comfortable and smooth in that O.

WisChief
08-24-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by HC_Chief
Todd Collins looked very good in the 2-minute offense. IF he ever starts in place of an injured Green (hopefully not), we should consider the no-huddle hurry-up. Todd looks comfortable and smooth in that O.

Lenny was bitching about Todd blowing about 5 secs at the end of the drive in the 2 min off (just before the score to Ricks) how he looked lost and had to call a t.o. "Just call a play!!" he was yelling "Green would"

What gives?? :confused:

58Forever
08-24-2001, 10:15 AM
I thought he should have called the TO too but he didn't look lost..he got up to the line and spiked the ball...then they called the TO after he spiked the ball...I was a bit confused about that...:confused:

I was screaming too but when all was said and done...we still had enough time to run 2 plays and kick a FG if necessary...

the Talking Can
08-24-2001, 10:35 AM
For most of the time, though, Lenny was praising Collins. He kept saying that Collins was going through all his options, finding the 3 & 4th WR.

I wonder if it is the Staff or the Off. that has helped Collins more, he seems much more confidant.

And when we ran the shotgun our QB's had loooots of time

58Forever
08-24-2001, 10:40 AM
Ain't it amazing...it must be the staff...I mean Collins is the same guy right...but he sure looks the best I've ever seen him...granted, it's preseason, but I was glad to see him get some work with some of the first team...

WisChief
08-24-2001, 10:41 AM
CAN - you're right - he was praising Collins....

Any word on if he's okay???????????

keg in kc
08-24-2001, 10:43 AM
According to the radio this morning, the general word seems to be he's fine. Bruise and a rib contusion, nothing serious.

They weren't so sure about Maz. They said he was on crutches and wearing a brace that went from his ankle to his thigh following the game. :(

58Forever
08-24-2001, 10:54 AM
Don't like to hear it about Maz...I had a feeling that Patton had won the MLB spot but no doubt Maz will still see alot of playing time...and he's a ST animal...hope it's just precautionary...a sprain, bruise and not anything worse...

nmt1
08-24-2001, 11:00 AM
We definitly need Maslowski on special teams. I, too, hope he will be ready for the regular season.

Regarding the shotgun, one of the reasons they signed Weigman was b/c he is a good shotgun snapper. DV said this in a previous conversation on kcchiefs.com.

Oxford
08-24-2001, 01:21 PM
Dawson's pet peeve always has been that QB's don't call thier own plays. So they stand there waiting to be told what to run (looking like Elvi in the headlights). I think his point was rather than burn a timeout, call a play and run it.

58Forever
08-24-2001, 01:35 PM
I do not miss that deer in the headlight look we use to get on virtually every play with Elvis...:D

Jub
08-24-2001, 01:40 PM
So.. this means we have a quality center starting as well

Its nice to hear that Green and Casey Wiegmann are "hooking up."

Other than that, those of you who have seen the game, what do you have to say about his blocking?

mcan
08-24-2001, 02:11 PM
Casey has kept Green clean. For that matter, Green wasn't touched until last night. Spears got beat a couple of times. Also, Green held on to the ball too long on one of the sacks. But the Jags D is really good, and they were playing like it was a playoff game. They blitzed like mad, and we had a little trouble with it. Casey, and John have looked great. Priest, Tony R., Marcus, Victor, and even Will looked like they had a pretty rough night. Thank God Green made quick reads.