PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals vs. BoSox -- Game 1 -- 8/4

Pages : 1 [2]

SPATCH
08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
i would agree that we need a decent short-stop (bump aviles over to second with grudz gone)... we don't have to blow our wad on whoever we get though.

i'm alright with the outfield if we get a legit power-hitting first basemen (i would like to see BB mostly at DH).

we can keep the outfield in-house... DDJ and Guillen are good. Teahen/Maier/Costa/whoever can duke it out for the other spot

tk13
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
If you want to see someone get struck by lightning, turn it to ESPN. Cubs and Astros are playing while it's lightning repeatedly right nearby. Haha.

tk13
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Haha nevermind. It took a bolt of lightning hitting right next to Wrigley. Lance Berkman just gave up and ran off the field without it being called by the umpire.

Sure-Oz
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
lance just raced off the field like his ass was on fire

Kraus
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll be there wearing my powder-blue George Brett jersey. It hasn't failed me yet. 2-0 in game where I've worn it.

3-0 with my jersey now.

Just got back from the game. Great game with a lot of drama. The Royals fans did a lot tonight to drown out the "Let's go Red Socks" chants, easily replacing them with "Let's go Royals."

Two questions, was Teahen safe at second early in the game? and What was the deal with that grounder in the top of the eight that was supposed to be out 3?

Also....German and Teahen have no business being outfielders. Both of them are unwilling to give up their bodies to make a catch. Both of them cost us today because they pulled up not wanting to get hurt.

Props to our bullpen for getting us the win, especially Mahay with his key strikeout and Soria for having to get 5 outs in the top of the 9th.

Nightfyre
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
i would agree that we need a decent short-stop (bump aviles over to second with grudz gone)... we don't have to blow our wad on whoever we get though.

i'm alright with the outfield if we get a legit power-hitting first basemen (i would like to see BB mostly at DH).

we can keep the outfield in-house... DDJ and Guillen are good. Teahen/Maier/Costa/whoever can duke it out for the other spot

My concern in the OF right now is a legitimate CF. DDJ and Guillen don't have the range for it. Maier has been alright, I guess. I just don't know that hes ready defensively for the MLB.

So who do you folks go after. I'll assume Teixeira, because who DOESN'T want him. Then who? I target someone ~25 for the of and the mound at least. A shortstop or second baseman would be sweet, too. But WHO? Do you deal Mahay and bump Nunez to your setup spot? Thats one thing I'd consider. The Ramirezes and Tejeda keep the bullpen potent. My wet dream is that we somehow add Felix Hernandez and/or Rich Harden. What can I say, I've got a thing for Fastball pitchers.

Swazey
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Also....German and Teahen have no business being outfielders. Both of them are unwilling to give up their bodies to make a catch. Both of them cost us today because they pulled up not wanting to get hurt.

I agree. Teahen is a joke in the outfield. He had a relieved look on his face after making the easy game-ending catch. Comfortable? Nope.

Thig Lyfe
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Twins losing 7-6 in the 7th!

markk
08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
go after furcal if he is healthy, move aviles to 2b

Thig Lyfe
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Huge hit by Ibanez! 11-6!

tk13
08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Ibanez had 6 RBI in that inning alone.

SPATCH
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Ibanez had 6 RBI in that inning alone.

i really want to get raul back... he's a free agent at the end of the season. he can play corner outfield and first (we need help at both). he would be perfect. i don't care how old he is...

Kraus
08-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Two questions, was Teahen safe at second early in the game? and What was the deal with that grounder in the top of the eight that was supposed to be out 3?

Can somebody answer these?

Nightfyre
Angels just blew a 4 run game in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.

Thig Lyfe
K-Rod blows the save for the Angels on the same night that Mariano gives up a walk-off GS. Makes me appreciate Soria all the more.

Nightfyre
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
K-Rod blows the save for the Angels on the same night that Mariano gives up a walk-off GS. Makes me appreciate Soria all the more.

Ironically on a Teixeira error lol

KCCHIEFS27
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM

I didn't see the Teahen play because I was out of the house..but your second question is pertaining to the Sean Casey play right? The umpire said the ball hit off of his foot..that's after Sean Casey just stood there looking at the umpire..

SPATCH
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I didn't see the Teahen play because I was out of the house..but your second question is pertaining to the Sean Casey play right? The umpire said the ball hit off of his foot..that's after Sean Casey just stood there looking at the umpire..

to elaborate... upon instant replay, it was shown that the ball was nowhere near his foot. instead of employing the old "fake limp" method to coax a foul ball, he used the "hey, that hit me." method. terrible call.

also. teahen looked safe in real time. they cut immediately to commercial break and i never saw a replay

Kraus
08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks, and rep to both of you. I didn't see it actually hit his foot and it looked like a 3rd out to me. All of us in the stands were confused as to why the inning was still going on.

Thig Lyfe
08-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Never mind, Mariano didn't play today. I just assumed he was the guy closing for NY tonight.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i cant believe they gave soria an earned run in that inning. that should have been 5 outs.

Nightfyre
08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Whoa Sherrill walk off walk... WOW

DaKCMan AP
08-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks for beating the sox.

Que Card QB
08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Karma that Casey got the last out after that bull**it plea he got a way with in the 8th.