PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Practice Squad is up!

RustShack
09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Practice Squad

# Name Pos Ht Wt Born Exp College Hometown Acquired
48 Davis, Dowayne S 5-11 202 03/09/86 R Syracuse Bronx, NY FA-08
66 Durde, Aden LB 6-1 240 07/10/80 1 None Middlesex, England FA-08
10 Hagans, Marques WR 5-9 202 12/29/82 2 Virginia Hampton, VA FA-08
62 Harrison, Edwin G 6-3 314 11/18/84 R Colorado Houston, TX CFA-08
69 Lokey, Derek DT 6-1 287 11/25/85 R Texas Denton, TX CFA-08
13 McMahan, Kevin WR 6-2 192 03/02/83 1 Maine Rochester, NY FA-08
92 Parker, Jason DE 6-3 258 01/23/85 R Arizona San Diego, CA CFA-08

RustShack
09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Almost every team has thier PS full exept us, we just have our forien dude that doesn't even count really :(

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Gotta like where he's from...

blueballs
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
they keep trying to make a practice squad
only to pick up guys better than on the 53

evolve27
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
The British are coming!

rad
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
28 yrs. old?

That's kinda old, isn't it?

StcChief
09-01-2008, 11:43 AM
ADEN DURDE
http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/uncategorized/chiefs-add-international-developmental-player-lb-aden-durde

Frankie
09-01-2008, 11:47 AM
A squad of one?

Chief Chief
09-01-2008, 12:16 PM
DURDE TURDE...

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Hudson High School grad Rashad Barksdale was only out of the NFL for one day after all.

Cut by the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday, Barksdale is now a member of the New York Giants practice squad. The former UAlbany speedster and Philadelphia Eagles draft pick, Barksdale joins QB Andre Woodson, DT Jeremy Clark, DE Wallace Gilberry, OG Na’Shan Goddard, WR Marcus Monk, TE Eric Butler and OG Kurt Quarterman on Big Blue's 8 man squad.

Barksdale played 6 games for the Chiefs last season and by accounts in Kansas City, played well during this seasons training camp.

http://www.fox23news.com/content/newsalert/story.aspx?content_id=585b2d49-c1d6-4d81-a22c-abcd86b25b39

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Names in this story for Chiefs and MU fans – newly signed guard Brian De LaPuente, former MU DT, Atiyyah Ellison, and former Chief OL Ramiro Pruneda.

49ers Practice Squad rounding into shape

I was originally going to include this in the post regarding Dontarrious Thomas's release. However, while related to roster cuts, I wanted to keep comments about the practice squad separate.
The 49ers announced that RB Thomas Clayton, DT Atiyyah Ellison, TE J.J. Finley, LB Larry Grant, DE Louis Holmes and WR Dominique Zeigler all were signed to the practice squad. For those who don't know, any player on the practice squad is similar to a free agent, in that any team can sign the player at any time. However, if a team signs somebody off another practice squad, the player is guaranteed to remain on the 53-man roster for at least three games (and a bye week counts as a game).
One player who did not make it through waivers was Brian De La Puente, the former Cal offensive guard. De La Puente was claimed by the Kansas City Chiefs. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed he didn't make it through waivers. He got a chance to start one game at guard and seemed to play quite well. Had the 49ers suffered an injury on the o-line this season, he would have been perfect to come off the practice squad.
While you want every player to get a chance to play in the NFL, I'm happy that our practice squad players made it through waivers. The 49ers are only carrying 4 running backs, so if one of them went down Clayton gives the team an interesting option in reserve.
Also, assuming the team doesn't sign a wide receiver in the coming days, I would not be surprised to see Dominique Zeigler suiting up at some point this season. The Martz offense really utilizes those wide receivers and the team seemed close to keeping 6 of them. As has already been discussed, there is not much out there to claim, so maybe Zeigler gets a shot sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, the 49ers have two spots left for the practice squad. Ramiro Pruneda is on as part of the International Practice Squad program, but he doesn't count against the eight man limit.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2008/8/31/605002/49ers-practice-squad-round

RustShack
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Updated!

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Still have 2 spots left since Durde does not count.

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Chiefs practice squad

The Chiefs signed six players to their practice squad: WRs Marques Hagans and Kevin McMahan, offensive lineman Edwin Harrison, defensive tackle Derek Lokey, defensive end Jason Parker and safety Dowayne Davis.
All but Hagans and Davis went to training camp and played in the preseason for the Chiefs. Hagan played for the Rams in the preseason, Davis with the Cowboys.
The Chiefs have two open spots on their practice squad. One is likely to go to WR Scott Mayle, who went to camp with the Bills. The other would probably go to LB Weston Dacus, who was in camp with the Chiefs.
The Chiefs have a ninth practice squad player, LB Aden Durde, a European who doesn't count against their limit because he was assigned by the league office.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/192

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 01:58 PM
We got us a WR, backup QB and an anthropologist!

Marques Hagans (born December 29, 1982 in Newport News, Virginia) is a current American football player who played at quarterback, wide receiver, running back, and kick returner during his college career. Hagans most recently played for the National Football League's St. Louis Rams. He was drafted in round five of the 2006 NFL Draft.
Hagans is a native of Hampton, Virginia, and played high school football for Hampton High School during his junior and senior seasons after transferring from neighboring Bethel High School. As a junior, Hagans replaced the graduated Ronald Curry at quarterback and led the Crabbers to the state championship in Group AAA, Division 5 of the Virginia High School League in 1998. Hampton advanced to the state semi-finals in Hagans' senior season in 1999.
He played college football for the University of Virginia. He was originally recruited by Indiana University to replace Antwaan Randle El. However, Hagans enrolled for a year at Fork Union Military Academy after graduation from Hampton and subsequently decided to enroll at Virginia in the fall of 2001. He redshirted his true freshman year. Hagans replaced incumbent quarterback Matt Schaub during the first game of the 2002 season against Colorado State University. Hagans was named the starter for the following game against Florida State University but was replaced by Schaub, who went on to a breakout season. Hagans was primarily a wide receiver and kick returner for the remainder of 2002 and 2003, though he continued to receive limited playing time at quarterback. Hagans became the starting quarterback for the 2004 season after Schaub's graduation. During college, Hagans was frequently referred to by his nickname "Biscuit."
His most notable game at the University of Virginia was a 26-21 victory over Florida State in 2005. In his final game, Hagans led the Cavaliers to a come from behind victory over Minnesota in the Music City Bowl.
He graduated with a degree in anthropology.
Hagans was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the fifth round (144th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. In his rookie season he played in four games making eight receptions for 101 yards. Hagans was the emergency quarterback for the Rams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marques_Hagans

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Combining two topics – Darling changes numbers with this one – If the Chiefs feel so comfortable with Webb, Darling, Franklin, and Price, why so many PS WRs? Kevin Robinson (PUP), Kevin McMahan, Marques Hagan, and maybe also signing Scott Mayle. That is a large percentage of the roster to use for the WR spot.

aturnis
09-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Combining two topics – Darling changes numbers with this one – If the Chiefs feel so comfortable with Webb, Darling, Franklin, and Price, why so many PS WRs? Kevin Robinson (PUP), Kevin McMahan, Marques Hagan, and maybe also signing Scott Mayle. That is a large percentage of the roster to use for the WR spot.

Awwwwwyeah, BOOYAHKASHA!

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe a good backup in case one of our safeties goes down…

One of the prospects flying under the radar is Syracuse safety/cornerbacks Dowayne Davis. After starting at strong safety for two seasons, the 6’0, 200-pound Davis excelled as a senior-- making the transition to cornerback and showing vast improvement in his man coverage. He displayed outstanding athleticism and good instincts, not to mention he can also lay the lumber (see insert). A scouting combine snuff, Davis looks to impress scouts at his pro day workout in March where the former track standout is expected to run in the low 4.4-range. With The Orangemen producing such talents as Tanard Jackson (Buccaneers) and Anthony Smith (Steelers) in recent years, look for Davis to garner some attention. A native of Jamaica, he was also an academic achiever in the classroom.

http://nfldraftbible.blogspot.com/2008/01/draft-bible-sleeper-watch-dowayne-davis.html

RustShack
09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Maybe a good backup in case one of our safeties goes down…

One of the prospects flying under the radar is Syracuse safety/cornerbacks Dowayne Davis. After starting at strong safety for two seasons, the 6’0, 200-pound Davis excelled as a senior-- making the transition to cornerback and showing vast improvement in his man coverage. He displayed outstanding athleticism and good instincts, not to mention he can also lay the lumber (see insert). A scouting combine snuff, Davis looks to impress scouts at his pro day workout in March where the former track standout is expected to run in the low 4.4-range. With The Orangemen producing such talents as Tanard Jackson (Buccaneers) and Anthony Smith (Steelers) in recent years, look for Davis to garner some attention. A native of Jamaica, he was also an academic achiever in the classroom.

http://nfldraftbible.blogspot.com/2008/01/draft-bible-sleeper-watch-dowayne-davis.html

Cut McGraw now! We can't risk losing this guy!

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Awwwwwyeah, BOOYAHKASHA!

???

Wilson8
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry, I had to look it up. Thanks…I think.
Booyakasha was taken from Da Ali G Show.. It's his own way of making the word Booya his own.
Check at dis dictionary website fin. it's fit wicked. i think i am gonna erbal remedy my load all ova my monita now coz i dig it. BOOYAHKASHA!

Coach
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm a bit suprised that there is no QB on there....

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Jason Parker got game!

teedubya
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Did Sippio get picked up anywhere?

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Did Sippio get picked up anywhere?

I think McDonalds, but no confirmed reports of that...

aturnis
09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah no....actually it was a Taco Bell that is NEXT to a McDonalds. I can see how you'd get that mixed up though.

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
BLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHH.

Oh, sorry.