PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A question about Qualcomm

dilligaf
09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
I've heard that the 1st row closest to the field behind the players bench is a terrible place to watch the game. It's ground level and all you can see is the back of the players heads. Anyone ever sat there? What were your experiences there.
I drove from Idaho to San Diego in one day to see a Chiefs game back when Gunther was head coach. Chiefs went up 14 nothing in the first quarter, only to lose 17-14. I sat in the endzone section and all the action happened on the other side of the field. Kinda suck, but was still a fun experience.

Buck
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I've heard that the 1st row closest to the field behind the players bench is a terrible place to watch the game. It's ground level and all you can see is the back of the players heads. Anyone ever sat there? What were your experiences there.
I drove from Idaho to San Diego in one day to see a Chiefs game back when Gunther was head coach. Chiefs went up 14 nothing in the first quarter, only to lose 17-14. I sat in the endzone section and all the action happened on the other side of the field. Kinda suck, but was still a fun experience.

The whole first 10 Rows suck, you can't see shit.

Buck
09-05-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_chargers/800x600/36f.jpg

This picture is taken from the top of the field section, which is about the 24th row, which are still horrible, I sat at the very top of this section for a while and they sucked.

dilligaf
09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
That's what my buddy says. He is a Chargers fan and we can get tickets in the 1st row, which is where I want to sit of course. He found them in the 11th row. You think would be better,huh.

Buck
09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
That's what my buddy says. He is a Chargers fan and we can get tickets in the 1st row, which is where I want to sit of course. He found them in the 11th row. You think would be better,huh.

I would recommend not sitting in the field section at all. If all you can get is field, get as high up as possible. Best seats are Row 1-5 of Plaza section probably.

Plaza is the rows of brown seats you see across the stadium in that picture.

I sit in Loge, the section above that, great seats as well.

Mojo Rising
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
It is horrible stadium. Most seats are bad. All of the NFL stadiums in CA are bad. SF is the worse.

They also do not know how to manage their parking. They allow cars to capitalize multiple spaces so they can tailgate. Thus, they run out of parking and you have to walk a good mile to get to the stadium.

By the time you get to the stadium all of the tailgaters have entered the stadium and you have an easy walk through a 1/2 empty lot.

Buck
09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
It is horrible stadium. Most seats are bad. All of the NFL stadiums in CA are bad. SF is the worse.

They also do not know how to manage their parking. They allow cars to capitalize multiple spaces so they can tailgate. Thus, they run out of parking and you have to walk a good mile to get to the stadium.

By the time you get to the stadium all of the tailgaters have entered the stadium and you have an easy walk through a 1/2 empty lot.

You must not have been to the stadium since last year. They really shaped up the parking situation. Not only that, but a few years ago it was $10 to park, now its $25.

Mojo Rising
09-05-2008, 08:34 PM
You must not have been to the stadium since last year. They really shaped up the parking situation. Not only that, but a few years ago it was $10 to park, now its $25.

I went to the PS game vs. Seattle. I rode the train so I didn't deal with parking. There were a lot of empty spaces but I did not base me post on that as it was a PS game.

Why do they dedicate a lot to a Budweiser concert/party? That seems new. If they end up selling out a game that will eat up a lot of spaces.

I will return for the Chiefs game.

My dad bought season tickets in the Club level at about the 20. If you need tickets to any games let me know as there are 3 games he is looking to get rid of.

Buck
09-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I went to the PS game vs. Seattle. I rode the train so I didn't deal with parking. There were a lot of empty spaces but I did not base me post on that as it was a PS game.

Why do they dedicate a lot to a Budweiser concert/party? That seems new. If they end up selling out a game that will eat up a lot of spaces.

I will return for the Chiefs game.

My dad bought season tickets in the Club level at about the 20. If you need tickets to any games let me know as there are 3 games he is looking to get rid of.

PM me with the prices and I'll let you know.

I already have season tickets, but I know a few friends who may be interested.

The new parking that started last year is as follows.

There are 5 different parking choices.

The RV parking gets you 4 spaces, the 2 you park in and the 2 next to you. If you have a cool RV partner next to you, you can park in opposite directions and have 4 spaces in between you. That costs $150 per game.

There is an RV companion parking which is $25. It is for people who bought RV parking, and have another family member/friend coming. They park their car in an area out of the way where nobody tailgates, then you hoof it over to the RV section (all the RVs park in the same section)

There is tailgate Parking Which is $50, you get 2 spots, one for your car/ one for your grill.

There is preferred parking, which is $75, gets you right in and right out of the stadium. You only get one spot.

Then there is General Admission, you get one spot (Strictly enforced) to park in and tailgate (if you are planning to do so).