PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bernard Pollard iiiis, "KNEE CRUSHER!"

Pages : 1 [2]

BossChief
09-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Spin it all you want.

I can admit I was wrong about Bonecrusher.

He just needed the right environment to flourish, and it's no fluke. Top 10 safety last year, kicking ass this year.

Not surprised this happened in a place like Baltimore, one of the best-run teams the last 6 years.Remember all those conversations we had where that's exactly what I said over and over?

Bow down

Its too bad that Studebaker has failed me so bad....otherwise I would have ran the table on my against the grain picks.

Can you imagine Berry playing free safety with Pollard playing strong side and then the "third linebacker" in sub work with Lewis covering deep.

JIMP

mcaj22
09-19-2012, 10:55 PM
yea this team would be a lot better with Bone as a 3rd safety with Berry and Lewis than the squirrel turds Pioli has brought in now

-King-
09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
What defensive player has failed in Baltimore in the last decade and a half? Everyone they add plays well. And it's not because they become better players, it's because of the players they play with. Pollard hasn't changed. He's still fucking terrible. But it doesn't hurt having the best LB/leader in history on your team. Doesn't hurt to have the best safety of all time beside you either.

But yeah, since he's on another team, let's act like he's changed :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
09-19-2012, 10:58 PM
He doesn't miss tackles and he's great in coverage now.

Maybe it's just a matter of using him right.

We failed, another team succeeded.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/images/blogimages/2012/02/02/1328206526-tumblr_lyrou2rxua1qzk73xo1_500.gif

L.A. Chieffan
09-19-2012, 11:03 PM
He hasn't changed. He wasn't that bad to begin with.

BossChief
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
They are using him right and he finally has talent around him that lets him focus on just his job.

The guy was out of position a lot in KC because the players around him were shit and he tried to do to much.

Fuck, I just went back and read a bunch of my posts from the months surrounding his release and its like reading the quatrains.

TheGuardian
09-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Ive watched him since he got to BMore. He's a better player now. Period. Accept it.

BossChief
09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Where the fuck have you been hiding?

BigMeatballDave
09-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Ive watched him since he got to BMore. He's a better player now. Period. Accept it.

I'm not buying it completely. He was bad in Houston, too.

He's got a much better coaching staff now, though.

mcaj22
09-20-2012, 07:13 AM
his "bad" in Houston was still like 200+ tackles, 4.5 sacks, 5 picks and 2 touchdowns in 2 seasons. and that was when Houston had a shit defense before their transformation to a 34 with Wade Phillips.

Ill take that "bad" Houston production over Sabby, McGraw, Abe Elam, Travis Daniels, Mike Brown and any other turd Pioli has graced us with over the last four years, any day

notorious
09-20-2012, 07:24 AM
his "bad" in Houston was still like 200+ tackles, 4.5 sacks, 5 picks and 2 touchdowns in 2 seasons. and that was when Houston had a shit defense before their transformation to a 34 with Wade Phillips.

Ill take that "bad" Houston production over Sabby, McGraw, Abe Elam, Travis Daniels, Mike Brown and any other turd Pioli has graced us with over the last four years, any day

This.

Black Bob
09-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I hated losing Pollard. He has turned into a great player and he is a compliment to Baltimore's defense. We never should have cut him. At the very least he was an A+ special teams player. One thing is for sure, Pollard was never soft.

notorious
09-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Pollard missed tackles, but he made a lot of plays.

You can fix tackling, but you can't create a playmaker.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2012, 08:50 AM
****, I just went back and read a bunch of my posts from the months surrounding his release and its like reading the quatrains.

Jesus fuck. You really go back and read your old posts like you are some sort of football message board prophet?

lcarus
09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I didn't think he was that bad even when he was here. Those were bad times man with herm and gun. I would've kept him for special teams alone. Didn't he have like three blocked punts?

I was thinking about that the other day. He was really good at blocking punts.

notorious
09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I was thinking about that the other day. He was really good at blocking punts.

Page and Pollard both did a decent job.

DBOSHO
09-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Pollard was a horrific tackler. Makes Kendrick look like ray.