PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Star blog reports pigpen to start this sun

Pages : 1 [2]

JuicesFlowing
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
PS Pigpen's 42.4% completion percentage was AWESOME last Sunday!

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 06:58 PM
PS Pigpen's 42.4% completion percentage was AWESOME last Sunday!

This type of attitude is the exact reason why this team hasn't developed a QB in over 20 years. Thigpen may turn out to be nothing more than the shit we've seen, but throwing a player in the toilet after 3 quarters of play will never allow a team to develop a QB.

FAX
09-17-2008, 07:09 PM
This type of attitude is the exact reason why this team hasn't developed a QB in over 20 years. Thigpen may turn out to be nothing more than the shit we've seen, but throwing a player in the toilet after 3 quarters of play will never allow a team to develop a QB.

It's an issue, to be sure, Mr. DaKCMan AP. Across the board, fans seem to have difficulty being patient with the young players - regardless of position. Sometimes, though, it's hard to tell who's performing well and who isn't based on what the surrounding cast is doing, the play we're running, and the specific situation we're in at the time the player appears to screw up.

That's why I really, really hope that Herm and Co. know what they're doing in terms of evaluating our guys based on film review and grading out performances against pre-game expectations and assignments. I don't know how they do it when they're running stuff like The Sloption because it's such a weird scheme, but I hope they can.

FAX

Mecca
09-17-2008, 07:13 PM
If the Raiders DB's could catch Thigpen would have thrown 6 or 7 INT's.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 07:16 PM
If the Raiders DB's could catch Thigpen would have thrown 6 or 7 INT's.

embellish much?

Mecca
09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
embellish much?

Did you not see how many times he hit Raiders guys with the ball, hell on a couple of him he got saved because there was more than 1 so they knocked it away from each other.

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Did you not see how many times he hit Raiders guys with the ball, hell on a couple of him he got saved because there was more than 1 so they knocked it away from each other.

Most of those happened in the 1st 2 or 3 drives, some of them coming in consecutive throws meaning if it was picked he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make the other bad throw, so instead of 6 or 7 interceptions its more like 2 or 3. :D

milkman
09-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Don't put words on my keyboard sir.
Keep the Fox news strawman arguments to yourself.

I've NEVER said that.

You are.

You think giving young players an opportunity to start, without having earned it, is the pathway to success. Because some half-wit Head Coach told you so.

So, in your opinion neither Thigpen or Huard lead to the "pathway to success" (and you'll get no argument from me on that point), however, you believe that Huard gives us the best chance to win.

So, I have to ask, to what end?

I don't buy the whole morale, confidence crap.

Some of these players have some rael talent, and when we get more pieces in place, and a competent coaching staff, then the wins will come.

There is absolutely no upside to starting or playing Huard.

None, zip, zero, nada.

I also don't believe that Thigpen will ever be anything but a scrub, but, unlike Huard, who I know has never been, and never will be, anything more than a scrub, I don't know that Thigpen won't ever be anything more.

I don't buy shit from Herman ****ing Edwards.

One player potentially, even if only minutely, has upside.
The other, is and always has been, a festering pile of shit

Mecca
09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Most of those happened in the 1st 2 or 3 drives, some of them coming in consecutive throws meaning if it was picked he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make the other bad throw, so instead of 6 or 7 interceptions its more like 2 or 3. :D

It wasn't just me who saw that....notice this article..

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191644&highlight=posnanski

DaKCMan AP
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
It wasn't just me who saw that....notice this article..

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191644&highlight=posnanski

Sure, and again, Thigpen might just suck, but his timing was obviously off with his WRs. I'll reserve full judgment for when he gets the majority snaps in practice, the gameplan is centered around him being at QB and it's not his first 3 quarters in the NFL. To discard him as a waste already with what else we have to work with on this roster this season is asinine.

OnTheWarpath15
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
So, in your opinion neither Thigpen or Huard lead to the "pathway to success" (and you'll get no argument from me on that point), however, you believe that Huard gives us the best chance to win.

So, I have to ask, to what end?

I don't buy the whole morale, confidence crap.

Some of these players have some rael talent, and when we get more pieces in place, and a competent coaching staff, then the wins will come.

There is absolutely no upside to starting or playing Huard.

None, zip, zero, nada.

I also don't believe that Thigpen will ever be anything but a scrub, but, unlike Huard, who I know has never been, and never will be, anything more than a scrub, I don't know that Thigpen won't ever be anything more.

I don't buy shit from Herman ****ing Edwards.

One player potentially, even if only minutely, has upside.
The other, is and always has been, a festering pile of shit

Nice work - you too DAK.

the Talking Can
09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
“For what we’re trying to do. He’ll be limited in some things but we want to take a look at him. He’s another young player that we want to look at and see where he’s at. If he struggles obviously Damon comes in the game. Damon’s used to that.”

Q: If he’s successful then he’ll be the quarterback until Brodie comes back?

EDWARDS: “That’s what you’ve got to do. We’re trying to look at young players. You know that. He’s part of the process and we want to find out where he’s at. Is he a two, is he a one, is he always going to be a three. You don’t know until he plays and he’s going to have an opportunity to play.”

;)

keg in kc
09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
It's an opportunity to see whether he's worth it as a backup as much as it is an opportunity to see if he's a possible QBotF. It's not like he's really supplanting anything, Huard isn't the starter.

TRR
09-17-2008, 09:30 PM
How can anyone on this board evaluate a QB after one game? I've been watching, playing, and coaching football for a long time, and have never been able to get an accurate read on a player after one game, be it any position at any level...

Will Thigpen be a productive starting QB in the NFL? Nobody knows that answer for sure, although the cards (as is with any young QB) are stacked against him. What I do know, is that nobody will know unless he gets on the field, and plays ball. We know what Huard brings to the table...but he doesn't figure in to any longterm plans. He will most likely be cut after this season. What we all don't know, is if Thigpen may be a diamond in the rough. FACT IS...we will never know unless he plays in multiple, meaningful games.

TheCloser
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry it won't let me post links yet, but thought this was interesting.

chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/272

Todd Blackledge, the much-maligned first-round pick of 1983, was the last drafted QB to win a game for KC, beating San Diego on opening day 1987, mostly behind the running of Christian Okoye and kick returns by Paul Palmer.

Blackledge was 13-11 in his career as a starter for mostly losing teams during 1983-87.

....Blackledge was 13-11?

Is he available?

Rausch
09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
“For what we’re trying to do. He’ll be limited in some things but we want to take a look at him. He’s another young player that we want to look at and see where he’s at. If he struggles obviously Damon comes in the game. Damon’s used to that.”

Q: If he’s successful then he’ll be the quarterback until Brodie comes back?

EDWARDS: “That’s what you’ve got to do. We’re trying to look at young players. You know that. He’s part of the process and we want to find out where he’s at. Is he a two, is he a one, is he always going to be a three. You don’t know until he plays and he’s going to have an opportunity to play.”

;)

He's played.

He's played and he's dog$3it...

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Until Croyle comes back we have no QB, Thigpen is the best option on our roster right now.

WHEN Croyle comes back we have no QB, Thigpen is the best option on our roster right now

the Talking Can
09-18-2008, 04:47 AM
He's played.

He's played and he's dog$3it...

we agree....Huard sucks ass

Mecca
09-18-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't think it really matters none of these guys are any good.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2008, 06:14 AM
ding ding ding. not to mention no protection if they were any good anyway, and 3\5 of our line that can't even run block.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Do you really believe this garbage?

I most certainly do.

Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any offensive lineman.

Having to consistently face 8 and 9-man fronts as a result of defenses having zero respect for your passing game won't hurt the progress of young guys like Niswanger and Albert?

Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of any running back.

Having to consistently face 8 and 9-man fronts as a result of defenses having zero respect for your passing game won't hurt the progress of young guys like Smith and Charles?

Tyler Thigpen doesn't stunt the development of WRs any more than Brodie Croyle or Damon Huard does.

If he can't make reads and be an accurate passer he absolutely handicaps our offensive weapons.

thigpen in 3 quarters:
bowe 5-8, 84yds
webb 0-3, 0yds
darling 1-2, 10yds

Most of Bowe's yardage came on one spectacular catch that had zero to do with Thigpen and everything to do with Bowe.

triple
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
so who should be playing then? Huard? Or that clown from the Rams' practice squad?

OnTheWarpath15
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Having to consistently face 8 and 9-man fronts as a result of defenses having zero respect for your passing game won't hurt the progress of young guys like Niswanger and Albert?

Yeah, teams REALLY respect Huard...

We get the same 8 in the box with Huard in there...

Having to consistently face 8 and 9-man fronts as a result of defenses having zero respect for your passing game won't hurt the progress of young guys like Smith and Charles?

See above

If he can't make reads and be an accurate passer he absolutely handicaps our offensive weapons.

Who said he can't make reads? Did the coach say that, or ar you assuming again?

I'd be looking at how well Huard reads a defense if I were you. He's the one with 15 INT's in his last 13 games.

Most of Bowe's yardage came on one spectacular catch that had zero to do with Thigpen and everything to do with Bowe.

Sounds familiar.

I remember a game against the Chargers last year where you could say the same thing about Huard...

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I most certainly do.

LMAO We get the same 8-9 man fronts with both Croyle and Huard at QB. Keep reaching..

That Bowe catch you speak of was for 30yds. 30/84 = 35.7% That equals 'most'??? It's not even half.

CoMoChief
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
LMAO We get the same 8-9 man fronts with both Croyle and Huard at QB. Keep reaching..

That Bowe catch you speak of was for 30yds. 30/84 = 35.7% That equals 'most'??? It's not even half.

This really shouldnt even be an argument.

It's clear that this offense has been better when Huard is in the game.

Brock
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
This really shouldnt even be an argument.

It's clear that this offense has been better when Huard is in the game.

I agree, it shouldn't be an argument. This team is bad regardless of whether we start the unseasoned, untested kid or the old, scared, fluttery-ball throwing veteran.

bringbackmarty
09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
this argument is about which is better, a fresh turd, or one thats sat in the yard for a few days. a fresh one just stinks, while an old turd doesn't stink as bad, but it bothers you, and you are constantly trying to avoid it, and you see it every time you go out to the yard.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 02:19 PM

And Huard has proven that he can beat that 8-9 man front.
Neither of the other two can say that.

That Bowe catch you speak of was for 30yds. 30/90 = 33.3% That equals 'most'??? It's not even half.

FYP.

I misspoke. A big "chunk" of Bowe's yardage came on that catch.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2008, 02:22 PM
And Huard has proven that he can beat that 8-9 man front.
Neither of the other two can say that.

FYP.

I misspoke. A big "chunk" of Bowe's yardage came on that catch.

Whether Huard can beat it or not (it's debatable) is not the point. The point is teams stack the box no matter which of the 3 is at QB and therefore it's a wash for the O-Line and RBs.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, teams REALLY respect Huard...

We get the same 8 in the box with Huard in there...

And again, he's proven he can beat them.

Who said he can't make reads? Did the coach say that, or ar you assuming again?

I saw him play. He doesn't process information very quickly.

I'd be looking at how well Huard reads a defense if I were you. He's the one with 15 INT's in his last 13 games.

Thigpen could've thrown 6 last Sunday.

I remember a game against the Chargers last year where you could say the same thing about Huard...

Actually... I'd give neither Bowe or Huard credit there.
That TD was the by-product of a defender gambling and jumping a route.
When he lost that gamble there was no one else there to bring Bowe down.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Whether Huard can beat it or not (it's debatable) is not the point. The point is teams stack the box no matter which of the 3 is at QB and therefore it's a wash for the O-Line and RBs.

My entire argument has been hinged upon which of our 3 QB's can produce with the current cast of characters. That's precisely what my argument depends on. Which QB can produce in those situations.

Huard has proven time and again that he can do that.

Brock
09-18-2008, 02:26 PM
My entire argument has been hinged upon which of our 3 QB's can produce with the current cast of characters. That's precisely what my argument depends on. Which QB can produce in those situations.

He has proven no such thing.

DaKCMan AP
09-18-2008, 02:26 PM

No he hasn't. He proved it in 2006. He proved it in 2007 until LJ went down to injury. Since LJ got injured he's won just as many games with the current cast of characters as Croyle or Thigpen - zero.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 02:27 PM
this argument is about which is better, a fresh turd, or one thats sat in the yard for a few days. a fresh one just stinks, while an old turd doesn't stink as bad, but it bothers you, and you are constantly trying to avoid it, and you see it every time you go out to the yard.

Help me understand why we wouldn't choose the lesser of two evils?

Everyone is clamoring for us to supplant McIntosh at Right Tackle for no other reason than the fact that his successor couldn't possibly perform any worse than he has.

No one has a problem with the "lesser of two evils" approach where it concerns Right Tackle.

Micjones
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
No he hasn't. He proved it in 2006. He proved it in 2007 until LJ went down to injury. Since LJ got injured he's won just as many games as Croyle or Thigpen - zero.

Huard only played in 3 games following the LJ injury.

And in one of them he produced where the starter, Croyle, could not.
Huard had a 111.5 QB Rating that day with the same weapons Croyle had (300+ passing yards/2 TD's/0 INT's). Mind you, Huard was sacked 4 times that day. Croyle wasn't sacked at all.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Huard only played in 3 games following the LJ injury.

And in one of them he produced where the starter, Croyle, could not.
Huard had a 111.5 QB Rating that day with the same weapons Croyle had (300+ passing yards/2 TD's/0 INT's). Mind you, Huard was sacked 4 times that day. Croyle wasn't sacked at all.

Huard suks. Shut up!

Sure-Oz
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
All our QB's blow and won't amount to shit, but may as well play a young QB that could have upside as a future backup in the NFL or maybe more