PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Wiegmann

Taco John
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
What is the story behind why you guys cut Wiegmann? The guy has been a stellar performer so far, as Nails replacement. I'm trying to understand what happened in KC that you guys refused to resign the guy. Is he injury prone? Does he tend to wear out and give in to pressure down the stretch? What's the story with this guy?

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
He sucked balls last year.

Mr. Kotter
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
He had lost his burst.

Guess he's found it again though. :shrug:

;)

StcChief
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
we sent him to you to be a star, ala Neal Smith.... no go get the SB for him.

Phobia
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
The knock was that he is a smallish finesse player - not suited to Hermball.

dirk digler
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Yep. He fits perfectly with what you guys are doing but for stupid Hermie Rump Ranger boy he doesn't

Also I have met Casey several times and he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Sure-Oz
He doesn't like to run up the butt, and would rather move left and right

tooge
He was getting dominated by larger DT's like the guy in San Diego. If we played anyone with a 3-4 front he got pushed into the backfield.

AndChiefs
I always liked Weigmann.

Taco John

That makes sense why we'd end up with him then... But what confuses me is that you guys have started to adopt our offensive line scheme... Or so I've heard...

dirk digler
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
That makes sense why we'd end up with him then... But what confuses me is that you guys have started to adopt our offensive line scheme... Or so I've heard...

I heard that too but I haven't seen it

StcChief
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM

no that's GB cut blockin too.

TRR
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
What is the story behind why you guys cut Wiegmann? The guy has been a stellar performer so far, as Nails replacement. I'm trying to understand what happened in KC that you guys refused to resign the guy. Is he injury prone? Does he tend to wear out and give in to pressure down the stretch? What's the story with this guy?

He is an old, undersized center. Niswanger is a big, young center that needed playing time.

chiefs1111
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

beavis
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
He has the talent to be on an NFL roster, hence, he doesn't fit with Herm's plan for this team.

Nightfyre
09-23-2008, 03:42 PM
You run a zone-blocking scheme and he fits that. We do not and he did not fit that.

dirk digler
09-23-2008, 03:43 PM
He has the talent to be on an NFL roster, hence, he doesn't fit with Herm's plan for this team.

LMAO

Rain Man
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Wiegman was part of a successful offense, and that didn't match Herm's "system".

ChiefsFan4Life
09-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Wiegman is arena league - have fun scoring points

kepp
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM

Not sure about that, but the chiefs adopted a really big Mexican once.

Deberg_1990
09-23-2008, 04:11 PM

IM not sure any player is suited to Hermball.

What player has improved under his tutelage??

Mile High Mania
09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Wiegman was part of a successful offense, and that didn't match Herm's "system".

Very uderrated, sir... ROFL

Skip Towne
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Yeah, Herm doesn't like to pass. Do you want Dwayne Bowe?

morphius
09-23-2008, 04:22 PM
He was terrible on third and short straight up against another player, and since we play every down like it is 3rd and 1, well, uhh, what Phobia and Rain Man said.

We were told we were moving to a zone blocking system, but our zone doesn't push, it is just guys trying to stand in one place and being pushed back. Really, we are just trying to be innovative with our zone scheme, as nobody else was dumb enough to run this.

CupidStunt
09-23-2008, 04:38 PM
He sucked. The end.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for a guy in one city and he finds success in the next. See Eddie Kennison. I never wished Wiegmann any ill-will; he was a good player for a while. Good on the old guy for finding a system that hides his problems.

FringeNC
09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
He didn't fit Edwards' offensive "scheme".

BTW, we are fellow Chiefs' fans refusing to admit the problem is Edwards and was not Weigman? Obviously Weigman can still play and he is proving it. Meanwhile, Edwards has shown he can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

shaneo69
09-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Well, he's like 50 years old and weighs about 230.

T-post Tom
09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
He wanted out because Joe Horn was hitting on his wife. :drool: (She's quite beautiful.) Wiegmann fits perfectly in the donks' scheme. Smart pickup by the rat. Wiegmann is a great guy on and off the field.

Iowanian
09-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I think he's a great Center for a zone blocking scheme that gets him pulling, taking advantage of his speed.....His play dropped off significantly under Herm's non-Arena offense.

He spent too much time f@cking his legs weak with Miss Survivor(my guess) and not as much working out....and Herm's horrible offense had him trying to bull with the big boys, which isn't C.W.'s game.

Iowanian
09-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Niswanger is too tall to be an effective Center IMO....

He needs to be moved to RG.

keg in kc
09-23-2008, 07:47 PM
He's good in space, but he needs help with bull-rushers. He can literally get blown off the line of scrimmage. He also tends to wear down towards the end of the year; has trouble keeping his weight in the 280s.

StcChief
09-23-2008, 08:43 PM
but hey.... if he's got the cut block down pat.... who cares /shanny

NewChief
09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
From what I understand (note, I've just heard one side of the story and didn't really follow it closely from any other): he went to talk to Carl and made a big push for more money. There was also the rumor, if you all remember, that certain members of the line wanted LJ gone or they were gone. KC didn't think that Casey was a good fit for their offense any longer, since he's a finesse/technique guy not a big bruiser. As such, they parted ways.

Taco John
09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the perspectives. I'm nervous about the guy down the stretch, but so far, he's been stellar. I'd like to buy him a Carl's Jr. Six Dollar Burger.

T-post Tom
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
From what I understand (note, I've just heard one side of the story and didn't really follow it closely from any other): he went to talk to Carl and made a big push for more money. There was also the rumor, if you all remember, that certain members of the line wanted LJ gone or they were gone. KC didn't think that Casey was a good fit for their offense any longer, since he's a finesse/technique guy not a big bruiser. As such, they parted ways.

Heard Grunny on 810 talk about Casey's disdain for LJ. Per Grunny, Casey absolutely despised LJ.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
He gets absolutely annihilated at the point of attack if you run between the tackles.

morphius
09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Heard Grunny on 810 talk about Casey's disdain for LJ. Per Grunny, Casey absolutely despised LJ.
cause he was tired of him running into his butt?

digi2fish
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Herm simply wants to remove all the offense of DV's

StcChief
09-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Danni Boatwright doesn't care.

T-post Tom
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
cause he was tired of him running into his butt?

Good guess. More about his (expletive) "me-first, me-only" attitude.

B_Ambuehl
09-24-2008, 02:36 AM

This is the closest thing to the truth. There was a veteran group of players that were used to being part of a successful offense and had the knowledge to speak out when Herm implemented his Jr. High offensive schemes. They're pretty much all gone now. Wiegmann was and still is a solid center.

OctoberFart
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Well since Sperm cut him and the RAT jumped on him speaks volumes to me. Although it is better to get rid of a player a year early rather than a year late. Sperm probably called him racist for calling out Diaper Boy and cut him for trying to be the white guy that is keeping the black diaper boy down. Instead it's diaper boys motivation, bank account and worn out body keeping him down.

HemiEd
09-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Yep. He fits perfectly with what you guys are doing but for stupid Hermie Rump Ranger boy he doesn't

Also I have met Casey several times and he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Don't forget, he was also a Dick Vermeil guy, so Herm had to get rid of him for his own ego.

B_Ambuehl
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
And to all those who say he didn't fit the scheme because he didn't match up well against big noseguards all you have to do is go back thru the game 2 weeks ago and watch him blocking Jamal Williams.

Everytime this football team played San Diego we piled up good yardage against their 3-4 front. The "he didn't fit the scheme" excuse is an urban legend at it's finest.

This football team will likely spend the next 3 years looking for a center while the guy who should be playing center is out in Denver snapping the ball for a top 5 offensive football team.

This is also a perfect demonstration of one of Herm's biggest failures. Good teams replace veterans with capable backups. Herm let capable people go and then tried to replace them with practice squad material.

This has happened at kicker, return man, mike linebacker, and now center.

teedubya
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Weigman is gonna come back to KC and get that butterfly feeling when all 8,800 chiefs fans scream, "Home of the Chiefs!"

gblowfish
09-24-2008, 08:18 PM
His wife had wild sex with him multiple times on multiple days each week and he was too exhausted by Sunday to be worth a crap.

FringeNC
09-24-2008, 08:47 PM
This is also a perfect demonstration of one of Herm's biggest failures. Good teams replace veterans with capable backups. Herm let capable people go and then tried to replace them with practice squad material.

But...but...everyone knows that Herm is a great evaluator of talent.

DJ's left nut
09-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Well since Sperm cut him and the RAT jumped on him speaks volumes to me. Although it is better to get rid of a player a year early rather than a year late. Sperm probably called him racist for calling out Diaper Boy and cut him for trying to be the white guy that is keeping the black diaper boy down. Instead it's diaper boys motivation, bank account and worn out body keeping him down.

This is almost completely unintelligible.

However, because I'm pretty sure it is a shot on Herm Edwards, I agree with every word you just said.