PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzalez Trade Talks?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

S FLA CHIEFS FAN
10-11-2008, 11:41 AM
JUST ANOTHER STUPID A## BY ARE EVER SO FOOTBALL WORTH GM QUEEN CARL AND HIS BAND OF MORONS

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
We'll never agree.

Giants won one without a star TE, and look better this year.

You don't trade away the future for a 3 year player, especially a TE.

The Giants have the extra draft choices to do it, so it certainly won't hurt them. Especially if Gonzalez helps them win at least one more Super Bowl (which would seem to be a certainty if he's traded).

Spott
10-11-2008, 11:47 AM
We might as well trade TG. This team is never going anywhere with or without him.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
The Giants have the extra draft choices to do it, so it certainly won't hurt them. Especially if Gonzalez helps them win at least one more Super Bowl (which would seem to be a certainty if he's traded).

Wouldn't those extra draft choices be of more benefit to the Giants if they were used to fill holes, instead of using them for a luxury item?

Like Milkman said, the Giants won last year with Kevin Boss at TE.

They don't NEED Gonzalez to win a SB.

milkman
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM

The Giants would be crazy to give up more than a third for Tony, but if they offered that 2nd and fifthas has been suggested by Glazer, I'd be all over that like a pig on shit.

ArrowheadHawk
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I would be very happy if Tony got to play for a contender and we were highly compensated for him.

FAX
10-11-2008, 12:12 PM
I would never call Mr. Fax a fool, but if I ever even considered it, trust me, this would not deter me.

ROFL

Opportunities abound, Mr. milkman.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 12:16 PM
The Giants would be crazy to give up more than a third for Tony, but if they offered that 2nd and fifthas has been suggested by Glazer, I'd be all over that like a pig on shit.

Why?

If the Saints gave up a 2nd & a 5th for an injured Jeremy Shockey (who's nowhere near as talented at Gonzalez), why would they be "crazy"?

I don't get that logic at all.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Why?

If the Saints gave up a 2nd & a 5th for an injured Jeremy Shockey (who's nowhere near as talented at Gonzalez), why would they be "crazy"?

I don't get that logic at all.

So because the Saints made a retarded deal, the Giants should?

At least the Saints NEEDED a TE.

blueballs
10-11-2008, 12:18 PM
The day someone can make over 5000 posts on this site
and not make a fool of themselves -even in a small way
is the day the earth and moon become intimate lovers

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Why not? That should be the standard.

Additionally, the Giants are pretty much loaded at nearly every position. They're not the Chiefs. As a matter of fact, they're the exact opposite of the Chiefs.

If they give up the 2nd & 5th acquired from N.O. for Shockey, they've upgraded their roster tremendously with the acquisition of Gonzalez.

AND they still have all 7 draft picks in 2009.

IMO, it's a no-brainer for the Giants

blueballs
10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Tony G surpasses Shannon Sharpe at TE -record wise
and now wants to become just like him
what's the point Tony G

milkman
10-11-2008, 12:21 PM

And really, did they need a TE that badly?

They were putting up a ton of points without a top TE.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Additionally, the Giants are pretty much loaded at nearly every position. They're not the Chiefs. As a matter of fact, they're the exact opposite of the Chiefs.

If they give up the 2nd & 5th acquired from N.O. for Shockey, they've upgraded their roster tremendously with the acquisition of Gonzalez.

So a mistake on the part of the Saints is now the standard for vaule at the TE position?

They gave up WAY too much, and they did for two reasons:

One, they desperately needed a pass-catching TE, and overpaid for one.

Two, even with his injury history, Shockey is what, 27? He has 7-8 years left in the tank.

Gonzalez MIGHT have two.

milkman
10-11-2008, 12:23 PM

Why?

Didn't they just win a SB without Gonzalez?

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
And really, did they need a TE that badly?

They were putting up a ton of points without a top TE.

You're right, can't really argue that.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Why?

Didn't they just win a SB without Gonzalez?

So?

Does that mean that they shouldn't improve?

Did the New England Patriots sit still after winning their Super Bowls or did they make moves to ensure they'd continue winning?

Furthermore, the Giants play in the toughest division in football. The can't be complacent if they want to repeat as NFC Champs.

FAX
10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
All very true (the part about the Giants being successful sans Gonzo, I mean), but unlike some franchises I know, there are some teams that would like to score more points regardless of how many they're currently putting on the board.

It all boils down to whether or not the Giants (or anybody) believe they can increase their offensive potency with a consistent, reliable, all-pro TE. The Giants may already have all the weapons they "need", but perhaps not as many as they "want".

FAX

milkman
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
So?

Does that mean that they shouldn't improve?

Did the New England Patriots sit still after winning their Super Bowls or did they make moves to ensure they'd continue winning?

Furthermore, the Giants play in the toughest division in football. The can't be complacent if they want to repeat as NFC Champs.

This isn't simply about improvement.

It's about improving while also keeping your eye on the future.

I don't believe in throwing away draft picks on a guy that only has a couple of years left.

Programmer
10-11-2008, 12:38 PM
The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT. If TG is in uniform against Tennessee he wasn't traded.

Brock
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Tony could have 5 good years left. He simply hasn't slowed down at all.

milkman
10-11-2008, 12:40 PM
The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT. If TG is in uniform against Tennessee he wasn't traded.

Wow!

Great insight there!

milkman
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Tony could have 5 good years left. He simply hasn't slowed down at all.

I wouldn't bank my future on that possibility.

GoTrav
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM

The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow!

Great insight there!

ROFL

He's not the best color guy in the business for nothing, folks!

chiefs1111
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Wow!

Great insight there!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Brock
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
When is the trade deadline? If Tony plays against the Titans, does that mean he won't be traded?

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
If this happens, this deal is squarely on Squirmin Herman Fucking Sack of Shit Edwards. Prior to the Dungver game, TG is talking about sticking for at least this year and next year. Then that worthless sack of cunt Edwards says, "We were only up by one score. You can't throw the ball when you are only up by one score." He can't throw your best player and the best TE to ever play the game a fucking bone. That's when TG changed his tone. If TG is unhappy it is squarely on that pussy.

If he's wanting to leave, it is a bad deal for KC. Like OTW and Mic along with some others were saying, the value that KC would get for him isn't worth it to THIS team. He's the only goddamn gamer we have. The only one.

Fuck Herman Fucking Edwards.

milkman
10-11-2008, 01:03 PM
If this happens, this deal is squarely on Squirmin Herman ****ing Sack of Shit Edwards. Prior to the Dungver game, TG is talking about sticking for at least this year and next year. Then that worthless sack of **** Edwards says, "We were only up by one score. You can't throw the ball when you are only up by one score." He can't throw your best player and the best TE to ever play the game a ****ing bone. That's when TG changed his tone. If TG is unhappy it is squarely on that pussy.

If he's wanting to leave, it is a bad deal for KC. Like OTW and Mic along with some others were saying, the value that KC would get for him isn't worth it to THIS team. He's the only goddamn gamer we have. The only one.

**** Herman ****ing Edwards.

That's a valid point, and a damn good mini rant.

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 01:13 PM
This isn't simply about improvement.

It's about improving while also keeping your eye on the future.

I don't believe in throwing away draft picks on a guy that only has a couple of years left.

Well, maybe you don't.

But you didn't just win the Super Bowl while everyone else in your division improved.

IF the Giants traded for Gonzalez, the deal is essentially Shockey for Gonzalez.

Who in their right mind wouldn't do that?

Hootie
10-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Profootballtalk.com has learned that an "effort is afoot" in Kansas City to trade Tony Gonzalez.
Gonzo is 32 and probably couldn't net the Chiefs more than a third-round pick, but he deserves a chance to play for a winner and Kansas City has devoted its season to rebuilding in a league of parity where no one rebuilds. The best example of that is in Miami. The Chiefs aren't even playing their best players. The Giants are the most likely team to make a run at Gonzo.

ROFL

FAX
If this happens, this deal is squarely on Squirmin Herman ****ing Sack of Shit Edwards. Prior to the Dungver game, TG is talking about sticking for at least this year and next year. Then that worthless sack of **** Edwards says, "We were only up by one score. You can't throw the ball when you are only up by one score." He can't throw your best player and the best TE to ever play the game a ****ing bone. That's when TG changed his tone. If TG is unhappy it is squarely on that pussy.

So, Herm is ... bad?

FAX

milkman
Well, maybe you don't.

But you didn't just win the Super Bowl while everyone else in your division improved.

IF the Giants traded for Gonzalez, the deal is essentially Shockey for Gonzalez.

Who in their right mind wouldn't do that?

So, essentially the Giants would be Robin Hood.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm ok with Gonzalez being traded, especially to New York...he deserves a chance to win and a chance to get a little spotlight...

However, if he does go to New York I'm asking for at least a 2nd and a 4th and really pushing for a 2nd and a 3rd...if they got a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey...I don't care how dumb that appears to be, but I'm telling them straight up Gonzalez >>> Shockey regardless of age and the compensation should reflect that.

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
So, Herm is ... bad?

FAX

You got it Mr. FAX.

keg in kc
10-11-2008, 01:23 PM
When is the trade deadline? If Tony plays against the Titans, does that mean he won't be traded?Tuesday I think.

FAX
10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
"The Chiefs aren't even playing their best players."

We're not? Who are they talking about? SIPPIO!!!? He was cut. Colquitt? He's on the field more than the back judge. Downfield? He takes himself out of the games - that's not our fault. That guy who runs the Sloption for us? He's playing WR for the Montreal Icebergs.

This doesn't make sense.

FAX

Brock
10-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Tuesday I think.

What time?

FAX
10-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brock.
What time?

4:00 EDT, I believe.

The good news is that, if Gonzo plays for us against the Titans, the trade won't have happened because the deadline will have passed already.

FAX

milkman
10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm ok with Gonzalez being traded, especially to New York...he deserves a chance to win and a chance to get a little spotlight...

However, if he does go to New York I'm asking for at least a 2nd and a 4th and really pushing for a 2nd and a 3rd...if they got a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey...I don't care how dumb that appears to be, but I'm telling them straight up Gonzalez >>> Shockey regardless of age and the compensation should reflect that.

The Giants got a steal when they traded Shockey.

I think they'd laugh their ass off as they were hanging up at those demands.

Brock
10-11-2008, 01:32 PM
4:00 EDT, I believe.

The good news is that, if Gonzo plays for us against the Titans, the trade won't have happened because the deadline will have passed already.

FAX

I meant in Singapore time.

FAX
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I meant in Singapore time.

They don't play American football in Singapore.

FAX

Hootie
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
The Giants got a steal when they traded Shockey.

I think they'd laugh their ass off as they were hanging up at those demands.

Yeah, I think it was a steal for sure...

We all hate Carl Peterson...

But in all honesty, his trading of players the last few years has been pretty decent...I don't think he'd trade Gonzalez for only a 3rd round pick.

RustShack
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Can we trade him after the Tennessee game?

:)

milkman
10-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I think it was a steal for sure...

We all hate Carl Peterson...

But in all honesty, his trading of players the last few years has been pretty decent...I don't think he'd trade Gonzalez for only a 3rd round pick.

If I was Carl, I'd ask for two picks, or a third and Boss, but I wouldn't expect to get it.

milkman
10-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Can we trade him after the Tennessee game?

:)

Sure.

In Feb or March.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
You do know if he gets traded Carl will force him into saying real nice things about Herm and the organization and where the Chiefs are headed at his press conference...Guarantee it.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 02:08 PM

I read through 270 posts and finally get rewarded with this piece of pure wisdom. Thanks.

ROFL

Programmer
10-11-2008, 02:42 PM
When is the trade deadline? If Tony plays against the Titans, does that mean he won't be traded?

STFU

Programmer
10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I read through 270 posts and finally get rewarded with this piece of pure wisdom. Thanks.

Once again Flunkie shows just how much of a piece of shit he can be.

LOSER!!!:rolleyes:

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2008, 02:49 PM

LOSER!!!:rolleyes:What's with all of the name-calling? Is it cathartic for you or something?

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 02:51 PM
espn reporting that TG has asked about a trade.

Captain Obvious
10-11-2008, 02:52 PM
What's with all of the name-calling? Is it cathartic for you or something?

It's how he chooses to show Christ in his life.

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
It's looking more and more possible. ESPNNEWS now reporting it

RNR
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM

:clap: This frazod caliber ranting

okcchief
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I hope this goes down.

It's best for Tony and best for the Chiefs.

If they aren't getting any good value in return though they shouldn't make the move.

Rausch
10-11-2008, 03:45 PM
So we're trading all the birds in the hand we have for a bush full?

No thanks.

Fuck trading Gonzo. Instead of feeling sorry for Gonzo because he's being wasted here why not get pissed that we have a coach that wastes fucking players?

Hire a legitimate GM, a ligitimate HC, and a competant set of coordinators.

No curve balls, no reruns, no long shots, PROVEN WINNERS to run this team...

beach tribe
10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
OMG. A 3rd for Tony Fn G. Unbelievable.

Buehler's right. This all on Herm.

Tony will be productive for at least 4 more years.

How the hell will we stay above the salary floor without TGs salary?

Rausch
10-11-2008, 03:51 PM

You think we'll use it on a S or reach at CB?

jspchief
10-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Tony deserves it? He deserves a chance to be a winner?

What the fuck do I deserve then? I've been a "Chief" a hell of a lot longer than he has, with no reward. I think I deserve to have this team not trade away what small amount of reliable talent it has.

Sorry Tony, I'd like to see you win a play-off game, but only if it comes in red and gold.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 03:56 PM

Gotta remember, Carl's a "tough sonofabitch".

I think it'll take a lot more than a 3rd round pick to pry Gonzalez out of KC.

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for King Carl and Herm

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for King Carl and Herm

Clark would have to approve this trade, so I don't think this applies.

And look guys, there's no way TG is traded for a mere 3rd pick.

Fucking Jason Taylor, who's two years older than TG and not a future HOFer, was traded for a 2nd.

It'll be a package of picks, if he's traded.

Rausch
10-11-2008, 04:12 PM

****ing Jason Taylor, who's two years older than TG and not a future HOFer, was traded for a 2nd.

Herman fucking Edwards was traded for a 4th but Gonzo is only worth a 3rd?...:shake:

bishop_74
10-11-2008, 04:20 PM
This makes me sad. All the bickering in this thread and the reality is we have no control. Dude is as good as gone. I am really looking forward to the new head coach and GM. This is really pretty low.

bishop_74
10-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Herman ****ing Edwards was traded for a 4th but Gonzo is only worth a 3rd?...:shake:

...and the Jets got a SWEET deal.

Valiant
10-11-2008, 04:21 PM

****ing Jason Taylor, who's two years older than TG and not a future HOFer, was traded for a 2nd.

I would like to see a 1st if we trade him to superbowl favorites..

A combo of picks like a 2nd a 3rd to teams in the hunt of a superbowl..

FAX
10-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Tony Gonzalez, TE KC
News: The Kansas City Star reports that Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez has asked for a trade, and the club is attempting to move him. The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday. Gonzalez has played his entire 12-year career with the Chiefs but has never won as much as a playoff game. The veteran would like the chance to win a ring before the end of his career. The paper notes that compensation for Gonzalez would be the biggest problem since Gonzalez is a short-term option as he's 32 years old with retirement in sight.
Analysis: A lot of clubs jump out as potential suitors for Gonzalez, including the Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Panthers, Jets, Bills, Jaguars, Titans and Giants (whom a local radio station reported had the most interest). Fantasy owners should root hard for Gonzalez to land with a new club since he'd be playing in a better offense, most likely with a better quarterback than what he has now with the Chiefs. Gonzalez's years of experience would also likely make him an easy add to any offensive playbook. We'll keep you posted on what happens with Gonzalez, but for now, keep him benched as the Chiefs are on bye in Week 6. He's a decent starting option if he's still with the Chiefs in Week 7 even though the play the Titans.

Herm certainly is leaving his mark on the Chiefs. Talk about blowing up the offense.

FAX

PRIEST
10-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I would like to see a 1st if we trade him to superbowl favorites..

A combo of picks like a 2nd a 3rd to teams in the hunt of a superbowl..

If he has to go this really is the only way

eazyb81
10-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Would be great news if we can trade him and get an early pick. Gonzo is awesome but he doesn't help us right now.

ClevelandBronco
10-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I can hardly believe that you guys are talking about this.

Tony stays. No question.

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2008, 04:31 PM

Tony stays. No question.

Whew. That's a relief

FAX
10-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Can't we just trade Herm, instead?

I promise you that Gonzo would make a better head coach.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Giants for a 3rd and Aaron Ross and Steve Smith.

FAX
10-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Tony stays. No question.

And on what, exactly, are you basing this statement, you wacky goat fan?

FAX

ClevelandBronco
10-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Whew. That's a relief

Can you imagine the guy in another uniform?

The Bad Guy
10-11-2008, 04:35 PM
If you're trading for him, the benchmark starts with the Shockey deal.

The fact that an injured 28 year old player gets a 2nd rounder means that Gonzo is worth more. He's not an asshole like Shockey, he's a better blocker, and a better receiving TE.

The only other thing I would be open to is a RG, and a 5th rounder.

If we can't get that, fuck it. Keep him here. Having this team learn from someone like him can't hurt.

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2008, 04:35 PM

With this FO and coach, yes I can unfortunately.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 04:36 PM

And Peyton Manning and Shaun O'Hara.

Oh, and Osi Umenyiora.

And Tom Coughlin.

eazyb81
10-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Oh, and Osi Umenyiora.

And Tom Coughlin.

And at least 10 SB rings they have laying around.

KcMizzou

Oh, and Osi Umenyiora.

And Tom Coughlin.Psst.. Eli?

BigRock

The Star says the Giants offered a SIXTH-ROUND PICK for Tony. And I'm pretty sure they were in on the particulars of the Shockey trade.

Nobody's going to give up what he's worth to the Chiefs. I'd be shocked if anything comes of this, especially with such a short deadline.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2008, 04:40 PM

Oh, and Osi Umenyiora.

And Tom Coughlin.

Hell its more realsitic than getting a first for him, which it seems everybody wants. I dont think he will moved personally but we need to rape a team if we trade him.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Psst.. Eli?

See, in my scenario, the Giants trade for Peyton, then ship him off to KC in the Gonzalez deal.

ROFL

Oops, not really. I just tend to call them both Peyton because seriously, I think they're clones.

ClevelandBronco
And on what, exactly, are you basing this statement, you wacky goat fan?

FAX

My sense that Jim Brown plays in Cleveland for his entire career. My sense that Lou Groza plays in Cleveland for his entire career. My sense that Otto Graham plays in Cleveland for his entire career.

My sense that Jack Lambert plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career. The sense that Terry Bradshaw plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career. The sense that Mean Joe Green plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career.

Mr. Fax, locality used to mean something to us before free agency.

DaneMcCloud
The Star says the Giants offered a SIXTH-ROUND PICK for Tony. And I'm pretty sure they were in on the particulars of the Shockey trade.

Nobody's going to give up what he's worth to the Chiefs. I'd be shocked if anything comes of this, especially with such a short deadline.

Link us, you Bastidge

BigRock
10-11-2008, 04:42 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/836918.html

The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday, and the Chiefs appeared pessimistic they could reach a deal for Gonzalez by then. The New York Giants have been the most interested in making a trade, but the sides were far apart on the compensation.

The Chiefs were asking for a third-round pick, and the Giants offered a sixth-rounder.

Green Bay, Philadelphia and Buffalo are other teams to express an interest in Gonzalez.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2008, 04:44 PM
My sense that Jim Brown plays in Cleveland for his entire career. My sense that Lou Groza plays in Cleveland for his entire career. My sense that Otto Graham plays in Cleveland for his entire career.

My sense that Jack Lambert plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career. The sense that Terry Bradshaw plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career. The sense that Mean Joe Green plays in Pittsburgh for his entire career.

Mr. Fax, locality used to mean something to us before free agency.

Remember the Chiefs are the team that traded for Joe Montana and signed Marcus Allen.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks.

A 6th?

Isn't that what the Chiefs spent on Will Svitek?

Is this the bizzaro world or something?

The Bad Guy
A third-round pick for a HOF player who hasn't slowed down.

GMs would get fired on making a move like this alone.

Clark Hunt would have a parade about it.

Brock
Third round pick. Jesus.:shake:

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 04:46 PM

If they threw in Jesus, it would still be a bad trade

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2008, 04:46 PM
If we trade TG for a 6th or a 5th or anything remotely close to that.....

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM
If they threw in Jesus, it would still be a bad tradeLMAO

kstater
10-11-2008, 04:52 PM

Holy random post Batman!!!

chop
10-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Giants offered a 6th round pick. Talk about a slap is the face. TG can retire here.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 04:54 PM
6th round pick is a damn joke...asking for a 3rd even seems low. Gonzo is no slouch, i guarantee he gets big #'s with another team.

Bane
10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Wasnt Tom Brady a 6th round pick? Too bad no one in the front office can see past the top 5 players in the country,or maybe we wouldnt pass on pro bowl players every year.

milkman
10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

In the prime of their careers, Jason Taylor, a DE, is worth more than Tony, a TE.

Hence in their twilight, the same still stands.

BigRock
10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

The team described as "the most interested in making a trade" -- which is also the team that got a 2nd and 5th for Shockey -- has offered a SIXTH ROUND PICK.

Any delusions of getting a big score out of this can officially be put to bed.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
In the prime of their careers, Jason Taylor, a DE, is worth more than Tony, a TE.

Then how do you account for the fact that the Giants got a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey?

milkman
10-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Hell, I've been saying it would only be a third, and the Giants aren't even offering that much.

But this tells you what a TE in the twilight of his career is worth.

SAUTO
Then how do you account for the fact that the Giants got a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey?

shockey's younger

L.A. Chieffan

The Saints are retarded

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
The team described as "the most interested in making a trade" -- which is also the team that got a 2nd and 5th for Shockey -- has offered a SIXTH ROUND PICK.

Any delusions of getting a big score out of this can officially be put to bed.

he wont be traded if thats the case, no big score no trade

Valiant
10-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Yeah they trade a Broken TE for a 2nd.. And then expect the chiefs to give up a better TE even though he is older for a 6th.. Not going to happen.. Keep him if that is the case..

It will come down to the closing minutes.. Hopefully a loss this week because of a TE fuckup makes them offer more..

DaneMcCloud
The Saints are retarded

That makes them the sister-team to the Chiefs

L.A. Chieffan
Do not underestimate the stupidity of this Chiefs regime

BigRock
he wont be traded if thats the case, no big score no trade

One can only hope Gonzalez doesn't pull a Trent Green and go "A sixth round pick? That's about what I'm worth. Come on, what's the holdup, Carl?"

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah they trade a Broken TE for a 2nd.. And then expect the chiefs to give up a better TE even though he is older for a 6th.. Not going to happen.. Keep him if that is the case..

It will come down to the closing minutes.. Hopefully a loss this week because of a TE fuckup makes them offer more..

you know hearing about a jackass offer makes me kinda rethink trading TG. thats disrespectful to him, a 6th??, keep him

milkman
10-11-2008, 05:14 PM

Warpath already has.

So a mistake on the part of the Saints is now the standard for vaule at the TE position?

They gave up WAY too much, and they did for two reasons:

One, they desperately needed a pass-catching TE, and overpaid for one.

Two, even with his injury history, Shockey is what, 27? He has 7-8 years left in the tank.

Gonzalez MIGHT have two.

Or simply stated. the Saints got robbed.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 05:14 PM
If they threw in Jesus, it would still be a bad trade

Jesus could turn our offense into defense!

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 05:15 PM
One can only hope Gonzalez doesn't pull a Trent Green and go "A sixth round pick? That's about what I'm worth. Come on, what's the holdup, Carl?"

TG has GOT to have more self respect than that, right? but maybe yeah just to get the hell out of here......

FUCK YOU CARL AND HERM!!!!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Warpath already has.

Or simply stated. the Saints got robbed.

Yeah, but other teams are that "dumb".

It's not just the Saints.

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
saints should have gone after TG

CupidStunt
10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Saying Shockey has seven to eight years left (putting him at 34 or 35) and then saying Gonzalez, at 32, MIGHT have two years left is just ... hilariously stupid. Incredibly dumb.

That's the type of thing a blind Saints fan would say. I can't believe I just read that.

milkman
10-11-2008, 05:17 PM
FTR, even I wouldn't give up Tony for a 6th.

I also think the Chiefs starting at a third was pretty stupid.

SAUTO
10-11-2008, 05:18 PM
shockey has been hurt EVERY year of his career. IF he played 7 more years that may just equal TG's next 3

Bwana
10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
They offered a 6th? Dear Giants, fuck off.

BigRock
10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Saying Shockey has seven to eight years left (putting him at 34 or 35) and then saying Gonzalez, at 32, MIGHT have two years left is just ... hilariously stupid. Incredibly dumb.

It's not stupid because Tony has put his status beyond 2009 into question. He said he'd play next year, but didn't speak beyond that point. I don't have it in front of me, but I think retiring after 2009 would also mean that he'd be free of having to pay back any of his bonus money. Meaning it's probably no coincidence that Tony picked that point.

In that respect, Tony may have shot himself in the foot if he wants to get moved, because no team is going to give up much for a guy who they might only be renting for a season and a half.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 05:31 PM

LOSER!!!:rolleyes:

You just can't handle a complement, that's all.

DeezNutz
10-11-2008, 05:38 PM
6th? No. No how, no way.

It would be difficult not to wish a nasty case of crabs upon the individual offering that type of low-ball deal.

ClevelandBronco
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Remember the Chiefs are the team that traded for Joe Montana and signed Marcus Allen.

I understand your point.

How many years ago was that?

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 05:53 PM
The Giants apparently aren't interested in Gonzalez now.

Boris The Great
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I also think the Chiefs starting at a third was pretty stupid.

How come? That is exactly where I would have figured the bidding would begin. They cant start off by asking for a first rounder because they would get laughed off the phone. If they start at a second, thats not bad, but only teams with a real high interest would be considering it.

A third doesnt seem like as much, so once word gets out, maybe more teams around the league start thinking about it. And then more bidders pop up. And then a team pays something that they previously werent willing to. Thats how you end up getting a better offer.

But what the Chiefs are asking is pretty irrelevant when their best offer is a 6th rounder. They could have asked for a 3rd just to bridge the gap and try to get NY to go higher. Given the reality of what teams are offering, a third rounder would actually be a steal.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
The Giants apparently aren't interested in Gonzalez now.
Damn the luck.

If the dude only had one arm, I still wouldn't trade him for a 6th.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:02 PM
...and the Jets got a SWEET deal.

Just curious, who did the Jets draft with the 4th we gave them for Herm?

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Just curious, who did the Jets draft with the 4th we gave them for Herm?

RB Leon Washington.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:05 PM

I had a hard enough time seeing Trent Green in another uni!

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:06 PM

The fact that an injured 28 year old player gets a 2nd rounder means that Gonzo is worth more. He's not an asshole like Shockey, he's a better blocker, and a better receiving TE.

The only other thing I would be open to is a RG, and a 5th rounder.

ANY RG?!

FAX
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
... locality used to mean something to us before free agency.

I know, Mr. ClevelandBronco, I know.

I've mentioned this on ChiefsPlanet before ... I still feel a sense of discomfort when I see one of our guys in a different uniform - especially one of yours. There's something just not right about it. Sports is a tribal exercise and I think the NFL should find ways to encourage warriors and their tribes to remain together if possible.

Alas, and as I've been reminded many times, the days of team loyalty at all cost are long past. I hope you're right about this situation, though. I would hate to see Gonzo leave the Chiefs. He's all we have.

FAX

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
If we trade TG for a 6th or a 5th or anything remotely close to that.....

I don't live in KC but that scenario should bring about riots in the streets there.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Wasnt Tom Brady a 6th round pick? Too bad no one in the front office can see past the top 5 players in the country,or maybe we wouldnt pass on pro bowl players every year.

You are right. Of course with the 6th rounder we will get for our future HOFer we will definitely draft the next Brady. What were we thinking?

FAX
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
If the Chiefs pull the trigger for a 5th or a 6th, I think it's safe to assume they're doing it for Gonzo ... not for the franchise. Or, of course, it could mean that Gonzo and Herm aren't getting along as well as we've been led to believe.

FAX

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM

Taylor is way more done than Tony.

The Bad Guy
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
ANY RG?!

Jesus christ no.

A good RG. I love how everything has to be spelled out on this board. They have to be a starting RG with talent.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Jesus could turn our offense into defense!

No need. Our offense already stops us from scoring.

Frankie
10-11-2008, 06:26 PM
OMG!!! I just read the Star article. DOES ANYONE IN OUR FO REALIZE THAT A 3RD FROM THE GIANTS IS DAMN NEAR A 4TH?!!! :cuss: :cuss: How stupid can they get? No wonder the Giants are offering a 6th. They know they are dealing with a bunch of retards. :shake:

FAX
10-11-2008, 06:27 PM
OMG!!! I just read the Star article. DOES ANYONE IN OUR FO REALIZE THAT A 3RD FROM THE GIANTS IS DAMN NEAR A 4TH?!!! :cuss: :cuss:

Yep. It's nothing, really.

FAX

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 06:29 PM
OMG!!! I just read the Star article. DOES ANYONE IN OUR FO REALIZE THAT A 3RD FROM THE GIANTS IS DAMN NEAR A 4TH?!!! :cuss: :cuss:

The relative value to our offense that TG has to us, we're not going to get from anybody else. No matter who the fuck it is from. Unless it is something rediculous like a first and third or something.

BigRock
10-11-2008, 06:49 PM
OMG!!! I just read the Star article. DOES ANYONE IN OUR FO REALIZE THAT A 3RD FROM THE GIANTS IS DAMN NEAR A 4TH?!!!

Tony wants to go to a contender. Any pick from any team he goes to will be damn near the bottom of the round.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 06:53 PM
I remember hearing all these Chiefs fans complaining about needing WRs. Now I still hear people complaining about the Chiefs that we only have Bowe and still need more decent WRs. People are also complaining about our lack of offensive output.

On the other hand, we have a TE that, at the end of the year will put up better numbers than most of the WRs in the league. At the end of his career he will have better stats than most WRs too.

Given all of those observations, it amazes me that there are fans willing to trade our best offensive player (and one of our best players for over a decade) for a second day pick.

Even a first round pick, given the career production we've gotten from our first round picks over the last decade, there's a good chance that Tony staying 1 more year still gives us more value than a first round pick would.

If I'm the GM, I tell Tony to get ready for next week 'cause he'll be wearing red and gold.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 06:54 PM
It's not stupid because Tony has put his status beyond 2009 into question. He said he'd play next year, but didn't speak beyond that point. I don't have it in front of me, but I think retiring after 2009 would also mean that he'd be free of having to pay back any of his bonus money. Meaning it's probably no coincidence that Tony picked that point.

In that respect, Tony may have shot himself in the foot if he wants to get moved, because no team is going to give up much for a guy who they might only be renting for a season and a half.

I'm glad someone fucking gets it.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm all for trading Tony, BTW. Whatever helps this team gets worse in the short term means Carl and Herm are gone sooner. Hopefully.

kcxiv
10-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I remember hearing all these Chiefs fans complaining about needing WRs. Now I still hear people complaining about the Chiefs that we only have Bowe and still need more decent WRs. People are also complaining about our lack of offensive output.

On the other hand, we have a TE that, at the end of the year will put up better numbers than most of the WRs in the league. At the end of his career he will have better stats than most WRs too.

Given all of those observations, it amazes me that there are fans willing to trade our best offensive player (and one of our best players for over a decade) for a second day pick.

Even a first round pick, given the career production we've gotten from our first round picks over the last decade, there's a good chance that Tony staying 1 more year still gives us more value than a first round pick would.

If I'm the GM, I tell Tony to get ready for next week 'cause he'll be wearing red and gold.Because no matter what they do this year, its not going to be fixed. you may as well just go back to the drawing board imo.

We still have no idea who our QB will be next year. If we draft one we have to hope its not Blackledge all over again. If it is? shit, this team is going to be stuck in the pits for a long time.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Uhhhh...

what? I consider Jason Taylor to be a stone cold hall of fame lock.

Plus...a DE is a little more important than a TE.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM

and david diehl and Kiwanuka and boss and a 7th and david carr and ahmad bradshaw and sammy knight

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Because no matter what they do this year, its not going to be fixed. you may as well just go back to the drawing board imo.

We still have no idea who our QB will be next year. If we draft one we have to hope its not Blackledge all over again. If it is? shit, this team is going to be stuck in the pits for a long time.

No, it's not going to be fixed this year. But, it is kinda nice to have one real threat on O that can move the chains and give the kids on the team 3 more plays to practice with.

Get rid of Croyle's (or whatever QB we get to start) one sure reciever sure doesn't help him prove himself either. Even next year, if we are running a brand new QB, it sure helps if we have someone like Gonzo for him to look to.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:07 PM

yeah because the chiefs are the only team in the NFL to never land a Tom Brady in round 6...

Me having sex with Jessica Alba is about as likely as a team finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round of an NFL draft...

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Jesus christ no.

A good RG. I love how everything has to be spelled out on this board. They have to be a starting RG with talent.

I highly doubt an NFL team is willing to part with their starting, very talented RG in the middle of the season when they are competing for a postseason bid.

If Tony goes, it's going to be for picks and only picks...we might pluck Sinorce Moss from the Giants...whooopdeedooo!

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:12 PM
If Tony Gonzalez goes for anything less than a 2nd (and from the Giants I'm talking the Saints 2nd)...it's a bad trade. Plain and simple.

This franchise in in disarray...to say the least...trading the face of the franchise for a 4th round pick in the middle of the worst season they have endured in almost 20 years isn't going to get people back on that season ticket bandwagon...

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
No, it's not going to be fixed this year. But, it is kinda nice to have one real threat on O that can move the chains and give the kids on the team 3 more plays to practice with.

Get rid of Croyle's (or whatever QB we get to start) one sure reciever sure doesn't help him prove himself either. Even next year, if we are running a brand new QB, it sure helps if we have someone like Gonzo for him to look to.

Nah, I'm not worried about Croyle not having Gonzalez...Croyle doesn't target him like Huard does...Croyle looks for the open receiver rather than just praying Tony Gonzalez makes a great catch.

If Huard was still our starting QB him not having Gonzalez would be a huge negative...Huard and GrBac have that strange chemistry with Tony Gonzalez...I never really thought Trent and Tony were on that exact same page...Tony always produced, don't get me wrong, but last season and the season before that...Tony always saw a TON of targets when Huard was in the game...I'm not going to look it up...but I guarantee you that in 2006 the games Huard started Tony had more targets than in the games Trent Green started.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
I'd consider trading Tony for the pick that can land Chase Coffman in KC.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Nah, I'm not worried about Croyle not having Gonzalez...Croyle doesn't target him like Huard does...Croyle looks for the open receiver rather than just praying Tony Gonzalez makes a great catch.

Tony in there draws coverage away from the WRs. He usually has double coverage in the middle which frees up WRs on the outside. Huard doesn't look that far 'cause from the center of the field to the sideline at the LOS is getting a little far from him to throw.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Huard doesn't look that far 'cause from the center of the field to the sideline at the LOS is getting a little far from him to throw.

You really post some dumb things sometimes.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Tony in there draws coverage away from the WRs. He usually has double coverage in the middle which frees up WRs on the outside. Huard doesn't look that far 'cause from the center of the field to the sideline at the LOS is getting a little far from him to throw.

It doesn't really matter, in case you weren't watching, we didn't have one offensive play that mattered in the opposing team's territory last Sunday.

We drafted a TE in the 3rd round...time to see what we can get out of our superstar...if nothing else, for his benefit.

Chiefaholic
10-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Tony is worth far more to this franchise than a worthless late 6th round pick. This guy is CLUTCH in the red zone with a competent QB to get the ball to him. He's worth no less than a low second or a high third in my book.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
You really post some dumb things sometimes.

You post dumb stuff all the time. Go ahead and keep mouthing off to me, you're safe. But one of these days your mouth is going to write a check to someone your body won't be able to cash. When that day comes, lots of people are going to laugh at you.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:25 PM
You post dumb stuff all the time. Go ahead and keep mouthing off to me, you're safe. But one of these days your mouth is going to write a check to someone your body won't be able to cash. When that day comes, lots of people are going to laugh at you.

It was a dumb post, Pastor. Own up to it.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:26 PM
It was a dumb post, Pastor. Own up to it.

And you never learned about the use of exageration for point in your composition classes?

:rolleyes:

Valiant
10-11-2008, 07:29 PM

If Huard was still our starting QB him not having Gonzalez would be a huge negative...Huard and GrBac have that strange chemistry with Tony Gonzalez...I never really thought Trent and Tony were on that exact same page...Tony always produced, don't get me wrong, but last season and the season before that...Tony always saw a TON of targets when Huard was in the game...I'm not going to look it up...but I guarantee you that in 2006 the games Huard started Tony had more targets than in the games Trent Green started.

Trent would look for Kennison and Priest also..

Huard stares at one person.. that is it..

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:31 PM
And you never learned about the use of exageration for point in your composition classes?

"Exageration" is not a word. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Valiant
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

He is working, newfound confidence..

He still needs his ass kicked royally to finish off his transformation..

Well from fat worthless douche to chubby worthless douche..

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Trent would look for Kennison and Priest also..

Huard stares at one person.. that is it..
and your point is? In no way did I ever say that Huard was a better QB than Trent Green...all I was saying was, without Gonzalez, Huard would be 250 times less effective (approximately) and even more worthless than he already is.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:39 PM

I don't see why...

petegz28
10-11-2008, 07:39 PM
and your point is? In no way did I ever say that Huard was a better QB than Trent Green...all I was saying was, without Gonzalez, Huard would be 250 times less effective (approximately) and even more worthless than he already is.

Any QB would be less effective when your only good player is traded

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
"Exageration" is not a word. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

Dude, I seriously doubt you will every reach the stature that requires me to have my personal secretary to proof read what I type to you.

milkman
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't see why...

Because you are still a little dumbass.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Dude, I seriously doubt you will every reach the stature that requires me to have my personal secretary to proof read what I type to you.

Are you saying your secretary is your god?

I am going to start praying to your secretary...I am sure it will work as well as any other god...

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:48 PM
He is working, newfound confidence..

Well from fat worthless douche to chubby worthless douche..

Heh, I'd be willing to bet that my secretary, could take care of kicking his tail. She's pretty tough and can throw a really good punch for a 130 pound woman.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:49 PM

I guess you're not quite understanding my point.

Hootie
10-11-2008, 07:51 PM
is this turning into an e-fight?

FAX
Are you saying your secretary is your god?

I am going to start praying to your secretary...I am sure it will work as well as any other god...

Just so you know, Mr. GoChiefs, insulting a person's religion is unseemly.

Why don't you make fun of his car, instead?

FAX

Hammock Parties
Heh, I'd be willing to bet that my secretary, could take care of kicking his tail. She's pretty tough and can throw a really good punch for a 130 pound woman.

You seem to be a "pastor" with awfully violent tendencies. Are you sure this is really what god wants to see from one of his holy men? Get back behind the barbecue, "pastor," and churn out some more ribs for your "congregation."

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Just so you know, Mr. GoChiefs, insulting a person's religion is unseemly.

Why don't you make fun of his car, instead?

FAX

Hard to make fun of a 2008 Nissan Titan 4x4 when you're driving your grandma's hand-me-down Oldsmobile.

FAX
10-11-2008, 07:54 PM

It's also a little far for him to see, Mr. PastorMikH. The guy is 87, you know.

FAX

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 07:54 PM
is this turning into an e-fight?

I seriously doubt it.

FAX
10-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Truthation.

FAX

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hard to make fun of a 2008 Nissan Titan 4x4 when you're driving your grandma's hand-me-down Oldsmobile.

LOL

Someone rename this clown "Midnight Pastor."

Hootie
10-11-2008, 08:00 PM
you guys are ridiculous...

For someone who "sucks" as much as Clayton allegedly does, you all certainly focus a lot of attention on him.

PastorMikH
10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
you guys are ridiculous...

For someone who "sucks" as much as Clayton allegedly does, you all certainly focus a lot of attention on him.

FWIW, tonight is the first time in a long time that I have acknowledged his posts.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2008, 08:04 PM
FWIW, tonight is the first time in a long time that I have acknowledged his posts.

I should call out your dumb posts more, I suppose?

HemiEd
10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Wasnt Tom Brady a 6th round pick? yeah, and Herm fucking Edwards was a 4th, whats your point/

Scorp
10-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I should call out your dumb posts more, I suppose?

STFU GoChiefs, You have posted more dumb shit than anyone on thsi f*cking board.

God damn you need to grow the f*ck up boy.

Mojo Rising
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
If the Chiefs had half a brain they would wait until the offseason to unload TG. That way the remaining un-charged signing bonus would hit the books next year and we would not be forced to sign a free agent to avoid the minimum salary cap in 2009.

RINGLEADER
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
that would suck, but good for Tony.

Kind of how I feel about it. When I first heard I actually thought we might be able to get a first or second round pick -- I mean say what you want about his age he's still way productive. I know a first is dreaming but a third (or less)? C'mon...

Frankie
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Me having sex with Jessica Alba is about as likely as a team finding a Tom Brady in the 6th round of an NFL draft...

She wasn't all that.
:p

Reerun_KC
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
She wasn't all that.

Your hand and wrist sore?

Frankie
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Tony is worth far more to this franchise than a worthless late 6th round pick. This guy is CLUTCH in the red zone with a competent QB to get the ball to him. He's worth no less than a low second or a high third in my book.

Yet the Chiefs start the negotiations asking for a 3rd. :banghead: Lunacy!

chiefs1111
10-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Carl is an idiot

sedated
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Jared Allen?
HOFer?
You need to lay off the drugs.

If you think Jared is a HOF, I get some Ocean-front property for you. How can you even compare the 2.

Amazing how people can just pick out certain words. What I said was:

a 26 year old DE who so far was on his way to a hall of fame career

Key words – “so far on his way”.

Lets compare sack stats through 4 years:
Kevin Greene: 46.5 (0* records not kept, 7, 6.5, 16.5, 16.5)
Bruce Smith: 44.5 (6.5, 15, 12, 11)
JA: 43 sacks (9, 11, 7.5, 15.5)
John Abraham: 33.5 (4.5, 13, 10, 6)
Michael Strahan: 31 (4.5, 7.5, 5, 14 - *excludes 1st season, 1 sack in 9 games)

Gonzo
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=36824

I'd think this would be a decent fit for him.

chagrin
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=36824

I'd think this would be a decent fit for him.

The JETS would be a decent fit, except don't they have a very suspect O-Line and they aren't a true SB contender; good offensive fit though.

Basileus777
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
The Jets just spent a first round pick on a TE, I doubt they would give up anything of value for Gonzo.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
The vikings would be smart to bring in gonzo

StcChief
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
The vikings would be smart to bring in gonzoYeah after we got them bad for JA who isn't doing much....

I have my doubts they would seriously look.... the prospect of a better overall pick for us would be good.:D

BigChiefFan
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
How about the Cowboys? The must be in desperation mode? Double TE sets with Gonzo and Witten.

aturnis
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM

I'm getting sick of idiots(sorry Frankie) saying this is stupid. If CP would have asked for a 1 or 2, all 31 other teams would have laughed in his face. 3rd, not so bad. People start to think, it brings out only the serious shoppers. While haggling, they get used to and even start to like the idea of TG in their uniform. Another team out bids them, and they say, "If we had him, we might actually have a chance THIS YEAR, if not, surely next year."

The bidding war that ensues drives up the cost.

Let's recap.

Giants low ball the offer, typical, I do it too. Then someone comes in and says, yanno a 3rd ain't bad. Then another team comes and says, a 3rd and a 6th. Finally, maybe someone offers you a second for a guy who at most has 4 900-1000 yd. seasons left in him.

I think CP has done well.

BigRock
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Yet the Chiefs start the negotiations asking for a 3rd.

Chiefs fans reading about the team asking for a third rounder and "the Chiefs started negotiations by asking for a third rounder" are two completely different things.

Michael Smith at ESPN, among others, have said the Chiefs initially asked for higher than a 3rd rounder.

TEX
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
This whole thing just BLOWS! :cuss:

KChiefs1
10-13-2008, 04:38 PM
The vikings would be smart to bring in gonzo

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10705430?source=most_viewed

FAX
10-13-2008, 04:45 PM
This whole thing just BLOWS! :cuss:

Herm blows, Mr. TEX. In fact, Herm blows dead chickens. Herm sucks syphilitic discharge from the genitals of encephalitic midget cretans and inhales the anal emissions of cross-eyed, poxed, half-decomposed, whore corpses. Herm is the worst thing to ever - EVER - happen to this franchise.

FAX

DeezNutz
10-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Herm blows, Mr. TEX. In fact, Herm blows dead chickens. Herm sucks syphilitic discharge from the genitals of encephalitic midget cretans and inhales the anal emissions of cross-eyed, poxed, half-decomposed, whore corpses. Herm is the worst thing to ever - EVER - happen to this franchise.

FAX

Since Grandpa, yes. Both of done their best to kick this fanbase squarely in the crotch.

Boris The Great
10-13-2008, 04:51 PM

LOL at Allen. When you think you went to a SB contender, and it just took you a last minute FG and a bogus interference call to beat a winless team who was playing their backup QB, you need to recruit everyone you can.

SAUTO
10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
LOL at Allen. When you think you went to a SB contender, and it just took you a last minute FG and a bogus interference call to beat a winless team who was playing their backup QB, you need to recruit everyone you can.

wonder how he feels about that offense?? must be killin him, but he's gotta step up, most had him pegged as a 15 sack guy every year. especially with the d-line he's on now, it's amazing what a contract year will do

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Chris Mortensen just said it's 50-50 on Tony getting traded. He did say that Jerry Jones may be interested in Pat Surtain, and he also said that the Lions may get involved with Roy Williams for someone but I didn't catch who.

NYG FAN 08
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Moss is oddly inactive for the first time this year tonight.

StcChief
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Well..... should be interesting if we can pull off something at trade deadline.

KChiefs1
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
is the trade deadline tomorrow at 3pm?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM

I'm just glad he can get out of a bad situation

Eat my ass Jared. I'll bet the Chiefs play in a Super Bowl before the fucking Vikings do. Oh how sweet it would be to beat their asses again in the big game.

acasas4
10-13-2008, 06:36 PM

FAX
Quit sugar coating it and tell us how you really feel about Herm Mr. Fax.

aturnis
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
is the trade deadline tomorrow at 3pm?

yes, central time.

Cntrygal
10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Nothing official yet?

Cntrygal
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
or even "semi-official" thru the local media?

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
or even "semi-official" thru the local media?It's confirmed that he asked for a trade, and the Chiefs have tried to get one done. Seems like it's all about negotiations now.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Got till 3pm CST tomorrow

Cntrygal
10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
"Billsfandom" is going nuts with speculation. LOL BUT.... the good thing about the constant non-stop talk about TG is that they are giving the Edwards/Losman drum a break.

Frazod
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
If the Giants' offense doesn't start playing a bit better, I think their interest in Tony might go up a bit between now and tomorrow.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Giants would be unstoppable on O with Gonzo adding to that WR and RB core.

NYG FAN 08
10-13-2008, 08:12 PM
our starting te just got hurt so the trade is looking better by the second

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
our starting te just got hurt so the trade is looking better by the secondRight on. Let's get it done.

smittysbar
10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
our starting te just got hurt so the trade is looking better by the second

Tony is smiling somewhere

MahiMike
10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Not enough time to get this deal done. Tony waited too long to tell Carl.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Not enough time to get this deal done. Tony waited too long to tell Carl.

A trade can happen in a matter of minutes.

Gonzo told Carl after the Atlanta game.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
If I'm the Chiefs, I want Sinorice Moss and a 3rd rounder.

Why in the hell is a player like Tony Gonzalez getting devalued in this NFL?

Can anyone tell me?

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 09:22 PM
They sure could've used Gonzo at the redzone there

Hammock Parties
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Can anyone tell me?

I don't think the Chiefs have any interest in Sinorice Moss. I haven't heard his name mentioned once in any of the trade reports.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Can anyone tell me?

His age, and the fact he opened his dumbass mouth and said he's considering retiring after the 2009 season.

Not many teams are going to give up a ransom to rent a guy for what may amount to a season and a half.

JMO.

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
The more I hear about this the more I hate Carl and Herm more.

I really do wish very bad things to happen to both of them

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Nothing new but NBC said negotiations are ongoing with several teams, nothing pending currently

Zouk
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM

They won't get that much - but I love the idea of including Sinorice Moss in the deal. That's a great call.

milkman
10-13-2008, 09:32 PM
The more I hear about this the more I hate Carl and Herm more.

I really do wish very bad things to happen to both of them

You should have thrown another "more" in there.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
OK giants, you need another offensive weapon, make the call

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
You should have thrown another "more" in there.

LMAO

Thanks for the tip maybe next time I will

Mecca
10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
The Giants about cut Moss, guy has been a serious bust.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
His age, and the fact he opened his dumbass mouth and said he's considering retiring after the 2009 season.

Not many teams are going to give up a ransom to rent a guy for what may amount to a season and a half.

JMO.

All that takes is a phone call to clear up.

If Jason Taylor is worth a 2nd at his age, Tony Gonzalez is worth the same.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 09:43 PM

If Jason Taylor is worth a 2nd at his age, Tony Gonzalez is worth the same.

That's another argument, but I'd respectfully disagree with you.

If I'm building a football team, DE is one of the most important positions to me.

TE is very close to the bottom of the list.

Good TE's are a luxury. Good DE's are an absolute necessity.

Again, JMO.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Report coming.

The Bad Guy
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Report coming.

More spam.

No one cares about WPI's take.

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM

Yep. I would bet that Tony said that because he doesn't want to waste his time playing for this team next year because they probably are going to suck again

KCrockaholic
10-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Report coming.

when?

Hammock Parties
10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
when?

5 minutes.

aturnis
10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
when?

tomorrow, around 3-4.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Yep. I would bet that Tony said that because he doesn't want to waste his time playing for this team next year because they probably are going to suck again

Or because the man is 32 years old, has taken a beating for the past 12 years, and would like to enjoy his life with his wife and kid while he can still walk without a limp?

I mean, some of you guys have no idea how much a toll these guy's bodies take.

Have any of you guys ever spent any significant amount of time with a pro football player? It's not pretty.

Never got a chance to talk to him, but I saw Marshall Faulk struggle to get up a flight of stairs this spring - 2 years after he retired.

Kurt Warner told me several stories about guys still struggling to get out of bed on Fridays after the previous week's games.

I've seen Dan Dierdorf at Annie Gunn's here in STL countless times, and the man can barely walk.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd like to get on with the rest of his life while he's still in decent enough shape to enjoy it?

Frankie
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Report coming.

Who is this Report guy? And why do you think we are interested in a play by play of your sexual activity?

dirk digler
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Or because the man is 32 years old, has taken a beating for the past 12 years, and would like to enjoy his life with his wife and kid while he can still walk without a limp?

I mean, some of you guys have no idea how much a toll these guy's bodies take.

Have any of you guys ever spent any significant amount of time with a pro football player? It's not pretty.

Never got a chance to talk to him, but I saw Marshall Faulk struggle to get up a flight of stairs this spring - 2 years after he retired.

Kurt Warner told me several stories about guys still struggling to get out of bed on Fridays after the previous week's games.

I've seen Dan Dierdorf at Annie Gunn's here in STL countless times, and the man can barely walk.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd like to get on with the rest of his life while he's still in decent enough shape to enjoy it?

Could be Warpath but I have seen Tony quoted earlier this year saying he wanted to play for 3-4 more seasons if he stayed healthy.

Mecca
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Well in fairness Marshall Faulk had about 50 surgeries on his knee. This is a guy who had his knee scoped and played the same week which is insane.

smittysbar
10-13-2008, 10:06 PM
5 minutes.

Times up

KCrockaholic
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe the Giants losing will be a blessing in disguise for getting this deal done...Maybe they will think they need Tony to put their team over the top. and have another red zone threat along with Burress...If they had won, they wouldve been undefeated and wouldve thought they could make it without Tony...idk? just guessing

Hammock Parties
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Times up

So's the article.