PDA

View Full Version : KSU **OFFICIAL** Sunflower Showdown Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

kstater
11-01-2008, 01:54 PM
UT is gonna kill us. But beating NU and MU would put us in the Big 12 'ship.

Yeah, I edited. But KU would still need to beat MU. And NU in Lincoln is no gimme.

kstater
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
It is like staying with an ugly chick just because she is nice when I know I can get way hotter chicks starting tomorrow.

To me it is a win win decision.

Fire Ron Prince and I may think about caring about K-State again

Whatever dude.

KC_Connection
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
:spock: KU has 3 games left. Would need to win all 3 including MU if MU wins their next 3.

Uhh...no. Do the math. If KU beats NU and MU, they are in the 'ship.

KC_Connection
11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I edited. But KU would still need to beat MU. And NU in Lincoln is no gimme.

So basically....2 more wins would do it. Which is exactly what I wrote...

mikeboogie
11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Whatever dude.

Do you see KState improving at all next year?

kstater
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you see KState improving at all next year?

Likely no, but that's not going make me stop being a fan. That would make a bandwagon fan.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
There's nothing like beating up on your little brother...

GO KU!!

ArrowheadHawk
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Likely no, but that's not going make me stop being a fan. That would make a bandwagon fan.Rep.

kstater
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
BTW, congrats KU fans for becoming bowl eligible for the 2nd year.

Hope they keep winning.

notorious
11-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Lawrence in the game. I think Kale Pick will be the backup next year. I think he is redshirting this year though.

That is the recruit I flew around last year. He was heavily recruited by Houston Nutt at Arkansas. OU, OSU, Neb, Col State, and Bama had interest in him. Smart kid with speed and decent arm. Coach Lee at Ark raved about his decision making and quick release.

the Talking Can
11-01-2008, 02:29 PM
wrong thread

kstater
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
LMAO

Wrong thread Talking Can.

Skip Towne
11-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Likely no, but that's not going make me stop being a fan. That would make a bandwagon fan.

Oh, c'mon, you don't really want to hang around those hayshakers do you?

Frazod
11-01-2008, 02:46 PM
2 more wins and we're in the 'ship. It's gonna happen!

Oh, absolutely. LMAO

I hope you enjoyed this quaint little game between unranked teams.

HC_Chief
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Memorial Stadium was packed today, and surprisingly hot. No breeze; that is, until the purple-clad fans made b-lines for the exits. :D

KSU's run defense is awful. I mean really, REALLY awful.

KU's D played pretty well. They were all over Freeman and made a lot of good open-field tackles. They are still too slow in the secondary, but they made up for it today by applying consistent pressure on the QB.

ArrowheadHawk
11-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh, absolutely. LMAO

I hope you enjoyed this quaint little game between unranked teams.

You aren't even a little bit worried KU could beat your team?

Stewie
11-01-2008, 04:55 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

http://www.mindoversports.com/uploaded_images/KU%20JAYHAWK.gif

mikeyis4dcats.
11-01-2008, 04:59 PM
congrats Hawks....we got flat out-coached and outplayed today.

Memorial is still a dump though, seriously, when are they going to put some money into that place? It could have potential, but it lacks a lot.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-01-2008, 05:00 PM
It is like staying with an ugly chick just because she is nice when I know I can get way hotter chicks starting tomorrow.

To me it is a win win decision.

Fire Ron Prince and I may think about caring about K-State again

get lost loser.

Stewie
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Sucking dick must be a popular class at Gay U because there's nothing but one who sucks the peniss that come from Lawrence.

We can spell at KU... oh, and have contiguous thoughts.

Skip Towne
11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
congrats Hawks....we got flat out-coached and outplayed today.

Memorial is still a dump though, seriously, when are they going to put some money into that place? It could have potential, but it lacks a lot.

There are high schools in Tulsa with better facilities than KSU.

Frazod
11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
You aren't even a little bit worried KU could beat your team?

Not at all.

Sure-Oz
11-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I am not worried about KU, shutdown Reesing and it's over, that guy is their whole team. It wouldnt suprise me though if KU is in that game for awhile cause of how shitty this defense has been.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-01-2008, 05:59 PM
There are high schools in Tulsa with better facilities than KSU.

and BSFS is still way ahead of Memorial.

Skip Towne
11-01-2008, 06:05 PM
and BSFS is still way ahead of Memorial.

Your football team certainly isn't. And why do you have to pay to park in a field at BSFS? Because it's so great?

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Your football team certainly isn't. And why do you have to pay to park in a field at BSFS? Becaue it's so great?

No different than paying to park on a lawn in Lawrence.

Anyway, congrats. You waxed us.

Skip Towne
11-01-2008, 06:11 PM

You don't have to tiptoe through the cow pies on a lawn. But I don't blame you for not finishing the parking. Snyder left and you knew you wouldn't need it.

Lzen
11-01-2008, 07:57 PM

Actually, KU has a nice bus system this year partly because of the new Anderson Family Football Complex taking away some of the parking. I parked for free at the Riverfront Mall and took a bus to Memorial.

Lzen
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
You don't have to tiptoe through the cow pies on a lawn. But I don't blame you for not finishing the parking. Snyder left and you knew you wouldn't need it.

I did think it was odd when I had to park in a pasture last year when I attended the KU/KSU game in Manhattan. But that wasn't a huge deal for me. The thing that pissed me off was that they would not open the side gate so that we could get the fuck out of that damn pasture. No, they forced us to wait in a line of cars moving at a snail's pace to leave. :cuss:

Lzen
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
BTW, Ron Prince really should control his players' big mouths. Not to say that KU would not have won this game anyway. KU is obviously the better team. But I suspect that the KSU players' shit talk this week helped fuel KU to play better.

Deon Murphy's guarantee is worthless after all. ROFL

Coach
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
BTW, Ron Prince really should control his players' big mouths. Not to say that KU would not have won this game anyway. KU is obviously the better team. But I suspect that the KSU players' shit talk this week helped fuel KU to play better.

Deon Murphy's guarantee is worthless after all. ROFL

Ron Prince needs to be fired, immediately.

Lzen
11-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Ron Prince needs to be fired, immediately.

I think it is funny how all the KSU fans that were talking how great Prince was a couple of years ago are now calling for his head. I don't blame KSU fans, though. I never thought he was any good.

Coach
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I think it is funny how all the KSU fans that were talking how great Prince was a couple of years ago are now calling for his head. I don't blame KSU fans, though. I never thought he was any good.

I didn't think he was that great. This was a clear-cut move away from the traditional BS coaching tree, which I think was absolutely critical for K-State's program. The only outside move that would make sense is if K-State got Gary Patterson from TCU.

Didn't help Prince's case when he hired several assistant coaches who never coached above D-I AA level, or recruited above D-I AA level as well.

Lzen
11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I didn't think he was that great. This was a clear-cut move away from the traditional BS coaching tree, which I think was absolutely critical for K-State's program. The only outside move that would make sense is if K-State got Gary Patterson from TCU.

Didn't help Prince's case when he hired several assistant coaches who never coached above D-I AA level, or recruited above D-I AA level as well.

The BS coaching tree is amazing. Did you see that pic they showed today from the 1990 KSU coaching staff? Jim Leavitt (South Florida), Bob Stoops(Oklahoma), Mike Stoops(Arizona), and Mangino. That doesn't even take into account other assistants that have gone on to HC jobs or successful coordinator jobs (i.e. Venebles at OU). You know a coach is a legend when he has a tree like that.

Coach
11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
The BS coaching tree is amazing. Did you see that pic they showed today from the 1990 KSU coaching staff? Jim Leavitt (South Florida), Bob Stoops(Oklahoma), Mike Stoops(Arizona), and Mangino. That doesn't even take into account other assistants that have gone on to HC jobs or successful coordinator jobs (i.e. Venebles at OU). You know a coach is a legend when he has a tree like that.

Unfortunately, there were a few bad apples that fell from the HCBS's coaching tree. Phil Bennett didn't do well @ SMU, and some other coaches didn't get any HC jobs (Elliott, that former DC)

RNR
11-02-2008, 01:26 AM

IMO he should have stepped aside earlier and let one of those take over at KSU

WilliamTheIrish
11-02-2008, 06:41 AM

All fans do that.

Two years ago I found it funny how "All the KU fans" wanted Mangino fired and Lou gave him an extenion.

Four years ago "all the KU fans" wanted Bill Self fired for getting bounced in the first round.

Braincase
11-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Unfortunately, there were a few bad apples that fell from the HCBS's coaching tree. Phil Bennett didn't do well @ SMU, and some other coaches didn't get any HC jobs (Elliott, that former DC)

I think it says more about Hayden Fry than it does Bill Snyder. Nothing against Snyder, but the Fry tree is very impressive.

Skip Towne
11-02-2008, 08:26 AM
All fans do that.

Two years ago I found it funny how "All the KU fans" wanted Mangino fired and Lou gave him an extenion.

Four years ago "all the KU fans" wanted Bill Self fired for getting bounced in the first round.

Not all of us. Not even close.

CupidStunt
11-02-2008, 08:38 AM
UT is gonna kill us. But beating NU and MU would put us in the Big 12 'ship.

Why are you so excited about the possibility of getting slaughtered once again by a far superior opponent?

ArrowheadHawk
11-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Why are you so excited about the possibility of getting slaughtered once again by a far superior opponent?
There is always a chance in sports, one year KState beat an Oklahoma team that should have walked all over them. Thats why they play the games.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2008, 11:00 AM
There is always a chance in sports, one year KState beat an Oklahoma team that should have walked all over them. Thats why they play the games.

That's true, but that K-State team was ranked in the top 20 most of the season. They also never lost at home by 40 points.

WilliamTheIrish
11-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Not all of us. Not even close.

I know. It was a generalization. Kind of like what the Lz was doing.

WilliamTheIrish
11-02-2008, 11:31 AM

That KSU team lost only because Roberson fractured his hand in the spring. That team had everything to win it all.