PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Does Graham Harrell have a shot at doing well in the NFL?

RealSNR
11-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Please don't dismiss this as "Big XII homer bullshit" *cough*Mecca*cough*

Answer the damn question. Is the guy big enough, smart enough, and talented enough to play in the NFL?

I think he's big enough and he's already demonstrating pretty good decision making already.

Sorry if repost. Haven't had a real chance to hang out on the Planet in a week.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2008, 06:47 PM
dunno .... sure looks like it

but it takes quality coaching and training for the system he is in ... and i don't know if he would get that in the NFL

maybe :shrug:

POND_OF_RED
11-10-2008, 06:48 PM
System QB

Basileus777
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
He's a better prospect than any of Leach's other qbs, but I think he'll get taken somewhere in the 5th or 6th round. He's played in the spread since high school, and doesn't have ideal size or arm strength.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I bet he's another system QB that gets drafted in the 6th round

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Would be a good pick for the Brigade.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Not sure about his arm strength??

Guess we wont find out until the combines.

Zouk
11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I say yes.

Ebolapox
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't really think so.

SPATCH
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
did kliff kingsbury and bj symons?

JBucc
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
How does he compare to Colt Brennan?

Basileus777
11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
How does he compare to Colt Brennan?

He doesn't have the size/durability and throwing motion issues that Brennan has. I think he's probably a better prospect.

the Talking Can
11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
he has good stats, he must be awesome....or something.....

duncan_idaho
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
He doesn't have the size/durability and throwing motion issues that Brennan has. I think he's probably a better prospect.

He's bigger and has a better arm than Brennan (who measured 6-0 1/2 at the combine, no matter what he's listed at now by the Redskins). Harrell needs to add some bulk, but he's a superior prospect to Brennan.

Comparing Harrell to Kingsbury and Symons is not fair, IMO. Not saying he's a first-round prospect or anything like that, but he was a much more highly sought after recruit than any other Leach QB and has much better physical skills than any other Leach QB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Please don't dismiss this as "Big XII homer bullshit" *cough*Mecca*cough*

Answer the damn question. Is the guy big enough, smart enough, and talented enough to play in the NFL?

I think he's big enough and he's already demonstrating pretty good decision making already.

Sorry if repost. Haven't had a real chance to hang out on the Planet in a week.

It is Big XII homer bullshit. If he played for Hawaii, no one on here would give two shits about him.

Big enough: No. He's built like Brodie Croyle.
Smart enough: The system he plays in doesn't take a lot of mental acumen to run. You don't know if he is.
Talented enough: No. He has an average arm at best. I've yet to see him make the kind of throws that an NFL QB will have to make, just like every other BXII spread QB.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2008, 07:52 PM
It is Big XII homer bullshit. If he played for Hawaii, no one on here would give two shits about him.

Big enough: No. He's built like Brodie Croyle.
Smart enough: The system he plays in doesn't take a lot of mental acumen to run. You don't know if he is.
Talented enough: No. He has an average arm at best. I've yet to see him make the kind of throws that an NFL QB will have to make, just like every other BXII spread QB.

Bingo.....

Mecca
11-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Wait...Colt Brennan is 6'3 and weighs about 215lbs.....I don't think Harrell is that big.

beavis
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought the same thing watching the game the other night. The guy should at least get a shot somewhere.