PDA

View Full Version : I live in NYC. Can't comprehend what's happening

the Talking Can
09-11-2001, 12:24 PM
I live in Brooklyn by the east river. I stepped outside at about 9:30 and both towers are burning, later they collapsed. Everybody just stood by the water and stared in complete disbelief.

New York will never be the same. I'm going to donate blood later. Seems like war?!

alanm
09-11-2001, 12:29 PM
Can, I can't even imagine what NYC is like today. Keep your head down and stay cool. Hope you can keep us updated.
Peace Man

Ugly Duck
09-11-2001, 01:32 PM
I'm so sorry, Mr. Can......it must be horrible to watch it happen before you. We're donating blood big-time here in Raiderland....just hope that we can get it to you fast enough....

bishop_74
09-11-2001, 01:33 PM
I can't help but compare this to Pearl Harbor. I am sure a war is to ensue. I will fight, I can tell you that much.

Bwana
09-11-2001, 01:39 PM
Can: It looks like a war zone from the film they are showing on CNN and other national feeds. I was originally going to fly into Newark today, but had decided to wait an extra week two days ago. I don't think I am even going to look out the plane window at the landscape where the towers were next week. What a shame………

Mi_chief_fan
09-11-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ugly Duck
I'm so sorry, Mr. Can......it must be horrible to watch it happen before you. We're donating blood big-time here in Raiderland....just hope that we can get it to you fast enough....

I thought every day in Raider land was like a war zone?

Clint in Wichita
09-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Not look out the window?

I think I'd rent a friggin' car!!

Bwana
09-11-2001, 01:47 PM
Clint: It's one hell of a drive from Montana to the NY / NJ area. I have to admit I will be thinking about "what if" but I'm not going to let the bastards get to me to the point of renting a car.

the Talking Can
09-11-2001, 04:56 PM
3 buildings down. Thick black smoke over manhattan all day. I think everyone just realizing what happened.

Time for some serious retribution.

TheFly
09-11-2001, 05:05 PM
My sincere condolences. I cannot fathom what I have seen today.

Frazod
09-11-2001, 05:06 PM
I just talked to one of my best friends who lives in Staten Island. He heard that they're using the ferry to take the bodies from lower Manhattan to a baseball park near the ferry terminal in Staten Island which will be used as the primary morgue.

BTW, my friend was supposed to have a job interview on Liberty Street, a couple of blocks from the WTC, this morning at 9:00. The interview was postponed. He's feeling pretty fortunate about that. So am I.

KCWolfman
09-11-2001, 05:51 PM
Bishop - Pearl Harbor was an act of aggression from one country who thoroughly warned us of attack if we did not allow their oil through. It was also an attack away from American Soil (Hawaii was not yet a state). Finally, it was a military installation that was assaulted.

This was unidentified terrorists who stepped on our soil and killed innocent human beings.

The only comparison I hope to see is the amount of retribution involved.