PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink The ChiefsPlanet BIGGEST LOSER weight loss Challenge... FREE TRIP TO KC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

luv
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM
at least first in a very long time...

1. I stepped on the scales this A.M. and the dial actually stopped before it reached 200. One hundered & 99 lbs. Sure has a nice ring to it. Now, I'm not going to change my tickerfactory thing just yet ... cuz ... I'm liable to be back up to 2003 tomorrow.

2. Went out sat on the back steps, took out my clips, and with out any effort was able to reach down and cut my toe nails without a struggle. Some how 63 lbs. ago, my tummy got in the way of reaching my toes. Another good feeling.

You guys with your exercise ... I really admire you. For a couple of months or so my exercise has been working in the garden. At times I get a really good work out ... but, the last couple days it has been raining and and muddy, so no exercise. I may need to hit the streets on a 4.5 mile "hike" everyday if I'm going to give myself a chance at winning something here??? But, in this hot weather it's certainly hard to get back out there.

I think I'm just going to concede right now. Congrats.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2009, 03:01 PM
I get that, but the dude's going to wake up one morning and realize the world doesn't actually revolve around him. Hell, there probably isn't anyone more self-absorbed than me, there's nobody but me in my life and never will be, but even my brainpan gets that showing support doesn't have to start with the word "I". This thread is all about you, man, and the other people busting their asses. So...good job, and keep fighting.

[/soapbox]

I do appreciate it. It's good to have you guys around. The support has helped me every inch of the way.

Manila-Chief
06-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Clay ...

Well, I'm about at my ultimate goal. I'm not like you young bucks trying to allure something in a mating ritual. Just trying to feel better about my self, getting healither, fit into my clothes, move freely, etc. The charts say I need to lose more, but my blood pressure is 117 over 78 and my resting pulse is 57 ... better than it has been in years. Last physical it was 140 over 110 and over 80 pulse rate. Now that I'm down ... I want to go and have a complete physical and see what my blood work will be. Have eaten a lot of meat and fats on the no carb diet ... but, I bet my number will be way down.

If I had a set of weights here at the house, I'd probably use them (after the work tapers off in the garden ... kinda difficult to work out when one comes in with all his clothes wet from sweat and being tired) ... but, I'm not going to pay a gym to punish me. I can get out on the street and do the cardio stuff.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks Clay ...

Well, I'm about at my ultimate goal. I'm not like you young bucks trying to allure something in a mating ritual. Just trying to feel better about my self, getting healither, fit into my clothes, move freely, etc. The charts say I need to lose more, but my blood pressure is 117 over 78 and my resting pulse is 57 ... better than it has been in years. Last physical it was 140 over 110 and over 80 pulse rate. Now that I'm down ... I want to go and have a complete physical and see what my blood work will be. Have eaten a lot of meat and fats on the no carb diet ... but, I bet my number will be way down.

If I had a set of weights here at the house, I'd probably use them (after the work tapers off in the garden ... kinda difficult to work out when one comes in with all his clothes wet from sweat and being tired) ... but, I'm not going to pay a gym to punish me. I can get out on the street and do the cardio stuff.

Congratulations!!! I'll bet you're pretty happy with the final results of the blood work. You've definitely earned it.

Manila-Chief
06-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I think I'm just going to concede right now. Congrats.

Come on girl ... don't give up. I want to see a picture of you at 150!!!

Besides, I need your challenge. We had the grandkids over last night and it was difficult to not eat the food their Lola (grandma in Tagalog) fixed for them. It's even harder to risist when I'm on a plateau and not losing ... knowing you are woking hard helps keep me going.

Besides, who said either you or I will be the one to win if ... there may be a dark horse out there just shedding the lbs. like crazy and not telling anyone???

Guys, I'm planning to hang around as well. I need to be challenged to not regain everything I've lost. (How many times have we done that???) I know I'll regain a little but hopefully I can control it. I mean I do not plan on eating no carbs for the rest of my life.

Manila-Chief
06-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Congratulations!!! I'll bet you're pretty happy with the final results of the blood work. You've definitely earned it.

Thanks! Based on past experience I think I'll be pleased. When we were overseas we had to have a physical every year. People talk about this "unhealthy diet" ... but, my numbers were defenitely better when I got on this diet and lost weight. For me losing weight helps lots of physical issues.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks! Based on past experience I think I'll be pleased. When we were overseas we had to have a physical every year. People talk about this "unhealthy diet" ... but, my numbers were defenitely better when I got on this diet and lost weight. For me losing weight helps lots of physical issues.

I agree. I started off wanting to lose weight, but I've realized that my conditioning has impaired me from doing the things I want to do in life and the weight is only part of that equation. I'm a 32 year old man and I've ventured out into the world far too few times.

The reason I like going to the gym rather than hitting the pavement is the controlled environment. Seattle's climate sucks 9 months out of the year, but while that's the biggest reason, I also enjoy the machines spitting out numbers to me. I'm competitive as all hell even if it's just with myself. Constantly trying to get better drives me every day. I love it.

luv
06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Come on girl ... don't give up. I want to see a picture of you at 150!!!

Besides, I need your challenge. We had the grandkids over last night and it was difficult to not eat the food their Lola (grandma in Tagalog) fixed for them. It's even harder to risist when I'm on a plateau and not losing ...

Besides, who said either you are I am going to win it ... there may be a dark horse out there just shedding the lbs.???

Guys, I'm planning to hang around as well. I need to be challenged to not regain everything I've lost. (How many times have we done that???) I know I'll regain a little but hopefully I can control it. I mean I do not plan on eating no carbs for the rest of my life.

Well, either way, I'm out. If I do get to 199 by June 30, that's less of a % of body weight. I'm not giving up on my weightloss, just knowing I won't be vacationing anywhere I can't drive to this year. :)

Rain Man
06-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm staying in until I get below 170. I'm bouncing around the mid-170s now, with my lowest official weigh-in at 173. I'm back up around 176 now, though.

I'm going to get into the 160s, though. I have willed no less.

Manila-Chief
06-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm staying in until I get below 170. I'm bouncing around the mid-170s now, with my lowest official weigh-in at 173. I'm back up around 176 now, though.

I'm going to get into the 160s, though. I have willed no less.

You'll make it or we will shame you until you do!!! :)

Keep at it ... sometimes the last few lbs. can be the hardest to remove. But, any one who runs through snow and ice can surely work of a half dozen lbs. :clap::clap::clap:

Manila-Chief
06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree. I started off wanting to lose weight, but I've realized that my conditioning has impaired me from doing the things I want to do in life and the weight is only part of that equation. I'm a 32 year old man and I've ventured out into the world far too few times.

The reason I like going to the gym rather than hitting the pavement is the controlled environment. Seattle's climate sucks 9 months out of the year, but while that's the biggest reason, I also enjoy the machines spitting out numbers to me. I'm competitive as all hell even if it's just with myself. Constantly trying to get better drives me every day. I love it.

I think we all agree that we start off and then discover there are far more benefits than we first thought. Being able to climb stairs without being the "big bad wolf in the 3 pigs story" ... or putting on clothes and they are not so tight you are embarrassed ... even wearing baggy clothes (that were once so tight you were ashamed to wear) ... able to do things with easy that were restricted before ... etc. and being in shape is really nice.

Understand the competitive thing ... the competition of winning this has driven me. Not the prize but to lose the most. Never thought I'd even be close ... but the competitive juices have been flowing. I've done this diet thing before but never with this success.

keg in kc
06-14-2009, 04:19 PM
I think I'm the only one that's not competitive. With me, it doesn't have anything to do with anybody else. I'm happy for you guys, and your successes, but it has no palpable bearing on my own struggle. And that's what it is; I'm in fight against myself, and my nature. I hate that I ever got to this point. I want to get rid of that self-loathing. Because I'm never, ever going to respect myself, like myself, if I'm big. That's going to keep (and has kept) me from growing in other areas of my life. If I'm ever going to have any success with anything, this has to be the starting point.

But it's not much of a struggle now. At least as far as exercise goes. I run because it's become a habit. It feels like something I should be doing. It feels good.

I hope that someday I can develop the same habit with eating salads. LMAO

Anyway, even though I'm only down around 20 pounds, I think it's clear it's had a positive impact on me. I have a lot more energy and focus than I did 4 months ago. And I like myself a lot more, feel a lot better.

Fire Me Boy!
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
I think I'm the only one that's not competitive. With me, it doesn't have anything to do with anybody else. I'm happy for you guys, and your successes, but it has no palpable bearing on my own struggle. And that's what it is; I'm in fight against myself, and my nature. I hate that I ever got to this point. I want to get rid of that self-loathing. Because I'm never, ever going to respect myself, like myself, if I'm big. That's going to keep (and has kept) me from growing in other areas of my life. If I'm ever going to have any success with anything, this has to be the starting point.

But it's not much of a struggle now. At least as far as exercise goes. I run because it's become a habit. It feels like something I should be doing. It feels good.

I hope that someday I can develop the same habit with eating salads. LMAO

Anyway, even though I'm only down around 20 pounds, I think it's clear it's had a positive impact on me. I have a lot more energy and focus than I did 4 months ago. And I like myself a lot more, feel a lot better.

I've been that way for a couple months now. I have to do this for me, and my competitiveness is really within myself. I get pissed at myself when I don't do everything right.

I've been out of the running for this for a while after a fast start, but I'm still trying. And I'll be sticking around past June 30.

joesomebody
06-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Well I joined a gym today, so I guess I'll start working out again. Haven't worked out in over a year. Haven't really gained weight, but have lost so much as far as being in shape. Hopefully if the working out goes well I will quit smoking.

I better commit to this crap, as I have to pay for the next 12 months regardless if I go to the gym or not...

It's probably a bad sign that I didn't work out today (bought the membership today about 20 minutes ago, right after work.) I went for a tour of the place, didn't know if I would join or not. Plan to start tomorrow. I'll report my weight after I weigh in tomorrow in the locker room.

Wish me luck.

*Not in this for the prizes or the competition. More in it for the motivation.

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Well I joined a gym today, so I guess I'll start working out again. Haven't worked out in over a year. Haven't really gained weight, but have lost so much as far as being in shape. Hopefully if the working out goes well I will quit smoking.

I better commit to this crap, as I have to pay for the next 12 months regardless if I go to the gym or not...

It's probably a bad sign that I didn't work out today (bought the membership today about 20 minutes ago, right after work.) I went for a tour of the place, didn't know if I would join or not. Plan to start tomorrow. I'll report my weight after I weigh in tomorrow in the locker room.

Wish me luck.

*Not in this for the prizes or the competition. More in it for the motivation.

What gym did you join?

Ultra Peanut
06-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Sweet, I weigh less (173) than Rain Man.

Okay, so I'm 4.5" shorter.

Frosty
06-15-2009, 07:52 AM
People talk about this "unhealthy diet" ...

I get that crap, too. However, in 9 weeks I have dropped from 199.6 to 183.2 pounds, dropped my blood pressure from 144/90 to 110/77, dropped my fasting blood sugar to a steady 84, and have way more energy than before. I'll take my chances with this "unhealthy diet".

Shoot, I dropped over a pound the last three days despite eating about 1/3 of a no-carb cheesecake and 1.75 quarts of no sugar ice cream that I made, all while sitting on my ass all weekend. I love this way of eating. :D

joesomebody
06-15-2009, 07:54 AM
What gym did you join?Wilson's Total fitness here in Columbia. It's local I believe, but is very nice. Their website kind of sucks. I really like the pool, it is mineral water, and has some salt water thing instead of chlorine, and has a retractable roof (it's raining today, so I only saw it with the roof closed.)

* 62,000 sq. ft of FITNESS
* Group X room complete with individualized climate control
* Whirlpool
* His and Hers Turkish Saunas and Steam Rooms
* Garage Parking
* Pilates
* The latest in Strength Training Equipment by Cybex, Freemotion, Human Sport, Nautilus and more
* The latest in Cardio Training Equipment by Star Trac, Nautilus, Stairmaster, and much more
* Racquetball including a viewing lounge complete with wireless conectivity
* Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY seminars in nutrition, personal training, and more
* Open Air Pool Structure. Enjoy an outdoor swimming experience indoors.
* Group Spin Room complete with panoramic views and climate control - 35 positions

http://www.wilsonsfitness.com/index.html

Skip Towne
06-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Wilson's Total fitness here in Columbia. It's local I believe, but is very nice. Their website kind of sucks. I really like the pool, it is mineral water, and has some salt water thing instead of chlorine, and has a retractable roof (it's raining today, so I only saw it with the roof closed.)

* 62,000 sq. ft of FITNESS
* Group X room complete with individualized climate control
* Whirlpool
* His and Hers Turkish Saunas and Steam Rooms
* Garage Parking
* Pilates
* The latest in Strength Training Equipment by Cybex, Freemotion, Human Sport, Nautilus and more
* The latest in Cardio Training Equipment by Star Trac, Nautilus, Stairmaster, and much more
* Racquetball including a viewing lounge complete with wireless conectivity
* Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY seminars in nutrition, personal training, and more
* Open Air Pool Structure. Enjoy an outdoor swimming experience indoors.
* Group Spin Room complete with panoramic views and climate control - 35 positions

http://www.wilsonsfitness.com/index.html

Were there any hotties in there?

joesomebody
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Were there any hotties in there?The two employees in the front were good looking, as far as members it was unfortunately mostly an older crowd. I work nights, so will be working out from 7:30am to around 10:00, which is when most people are working.

Hopefully there are some hotties that work night shift like me. That will definitly increase my attendence.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-15-2009, 08:27 AM
The two employees in the front were good looking, as far as members it was unfortunately mostly an older crowd. I work nights, so will be working out from 7:30am to around 10:00, which is when most people are working.

Hopefully there are some hotties that work night shift like me. That will definitly increase my attendence.

It's summer time dude. There will be hotties in there almost 24/7 you'll be fine. Welcome to the fold, and good luck in your goals!

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 08:27 AM
The two employees in the front were good looking, as far as members it was unfortunately mostly an older crowd. I work nights, so will be working out from 7:30am to around 10:00, which is when most people are working.

9am was always a good time for that when the housewives would make their way in. On nice days from 11-4 were the best times to be there for the pool.

TinyEvel
06-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Well, I was 216.5 today. That's 2.5 less than my lowest weight this year (feb. 1st) and down almost 20 lbs. since Jan 1st. I have been not drinking and very conscious of my diet since my surgery 10 days ago. No exercise in 10 days, so I am ahead of the game, gotta keep it up when normalcy returns.

TWO MORE WEEKS TIL WE FIND OUT WHO'S IN THE MONEY!

BUt, yeah, this is not just a 6-month thing, right? keep it up, folks!

keg in kc
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Latest weight for me was 225.5. I usually cheat a little and weigh myself after exercising, but that was my weight this morning without exercise, after breakfast and on less sleep than I'd like this weekend (I'm always heavier on light sleep, for some reason). So I guess I'm legitimately down 15 pounds since 1 April, 18 for the year, and ready to start on the next 15.

I'd like to finish the month at or under 220 if at all possible, that would be kind of a big deal to me, but 3 pounds a week may be more than I can do.

Rain Man
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Sweet, I weigh less (173) than Rain Man.

Okay, so I'm 4.5" shorter.

Great. Now I think I can beat you up if I have to.

angelo
06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I've been that way for a couple months now. I have to do this for me, and my competitiveness is really within myself. I get pissed at myself when I don't do everything right.

I've been out of the running for this for a while after a fast start, but I'm still trying. And I'll be sticking around past June 30.

Add my name to the list as well.

I will be at this for the next year at least.
I have 120 pounds to go.

I have said it before I trying to make a life change not a temporary fix.

Ang

Ultra Peanut
06-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Great. Now I think I can beat you up if I have to.I have a powerful core.

Well, okay, that's a lie. I don't think I can pick up anything heavier than 25 pounds.

So, hmm. I AM SCRAPPY AND GRITTY AND FEARLESS! I will bunt at you!

BigRedChief
06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Well, I was 216.5 today. That's 2.5 less than my lowest weight this year (feb. 1st) and down almost 20 lbs. since Jan 1st. I have been not drinking and very conscious of my diet since my surgery 10 days ago. No exercise in 10 days, so I am ahead of the game, gotta keep it up when normalcy returns.

I'm in for the long haul.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-16-2009, 07:59 AM
My 2 minute running increments were easier than they've been yet, today. The last one I pushed myself 2:30 because that one always hurts the most anyways. I honestly feel that after 6 weeks, I'm in better shape than I was at any point last year, and there was a period where I was a little lighter than I am now. God bless muscle memory.

joesomebody
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
I'll report my weight after I weigh in tomorrow in the locker room.

*Not in this for the prizes or the competition. More in it for the motivation.Alright. I'm about 7 pounds heavier than I thought I was.

As of today I am 5'8" 172 lbs. Didn't do a lot at the gym today, tomorrow I am counting as my first real work out. I swam a few laps today and that was about it.

Rain Man
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a powerful core.

Well, okay, that's a lie. I don't think I can pick up anything heavier than 25 pounds.

So, hmm. I AM SCRAPPY AND GRITTY AND FEARLESS! I will bunt at you!

I too am scrappy and gritty, but I have to admit, I have some fear, especially now that I know that you're scrappy and gritty.

The Rick
06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for adding me to the original post. FYI...I'm 5'11".

Ultra Peanut
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
As of today I am 5'8" 172 lbs.freaky

Rain Man
06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
freaky

You could beat him up if you leveraged your superior size.

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
OK. I added some weight to my routine and did 5x5s today. Kicked my ass. I haven't sweated that much at the gym in awhile. I'm anticipating soreness in the morning.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
So is everyone going to just keep posting in this thread after or is someone going to start a new one that isn't over 3500 posts?

Hammock Parties
06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
So is everyone going to just keep posting in this thread after or is someone going to start a new one that isn't over 3500 posts?

We should keep this thread.

keg in kc
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I gotta start running in the morning. I can't take the heat now - it's all I can do to make it 20 minutes - and god only knows how hot it'll be before long.

And I hate mornings.

Fire Me Boy!
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I vote for keeping this thread.

In the very least, it has Ari with a porn stache, and that's gotta be worth something.

luv
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I gotta start running in the morning. I can't take the heat now - it's all I can do to make it 20 minutes - and god only knows how hot it'll be before long.

And I hate mornings.

I walked 3.5 miles yesterday instead of my 4. i was dehydrated and worn out. I walked 3 today. It wasn't as warm, but the humidity had my shirt soaked. I'm sure I was a sight.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 07:15 PM

And I hate mornings.

From what I hear it's better to do cardio in the morning. I just can't figure out how to force myself to get up early

keg in kc
06-16-2009, 09:29 PM
From what I hear it's better to do cardio in the morning. I just can't figure out how to force myself to get up earlyI've gotten myself back to being up late at night with this latest job, so I've got to shift a lot of shit around next week. Hell, I just ate dinner at 10 at night, that's never good.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty much a night wolf and like to sleep in. I can basically walk into work anytime I want to start the day so I can't force myself out of bed.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
From what I hear it's better to do cardio in the morning. I just can't figure out how to force myself to get up early

It boosts your metabolism for the entire day. I've always been a night owl, but I can't work out anytime but when I first wake up. Otherwise I have too much time to think about it, and fuck it off. I get up at 5am, go to the gym, run 4-5 miles and go to work by 7. I don't like going to bed early, and I take melatonin to do it, but it's worth it. I'm much more productive at work, and I don't spend nearly as much on coffee anymore.

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 10:06 PM
It boosts your metabolism for the entire day. I've always been a night owl, but I can't work out anytime but when I first wake up. Otherwise I have too much time to think about it, and **** it off. I get up at 5am, go to the gym, run 4-5 miles and go to work by 7. I don't like going to bed early, and I take melatonin to do it, but it's worth it. I'm much more productive at work, and I don't spend nearly as much on coffee anymore.

I might need to start taking something to go to bed early. At least to get started. I am much more productive and energetic when I wake up early. I just haven't been able to get it to work just yet.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I might need to start taking something to go to bed early. At least to get started. I am much more productive and energetic when I wake up early. I just haven't been able to get it to work just yet.

Melatonin is all natural, and is a chemical that you produce naturally. Babies produce it in much higher volume which is why they sleep more. You can find it in any drug store.

I had an abnormally difficult workout this morning. I only say that because it was so average. Nothing special about it, but I was dripping and sore when it was over. My shirt is usually soaked through from top to bottom when I'm done, but today it was literally dripping when I took it off.

I found an interesting article about weight lifting in relation to weight loss. It also talks about cardio and how much you should be doing to effectively lose weight. This will probably be discouraging for some, and I don't think it's entirely accurate, but it's an interesting take.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100240382&gt1=31036

I say I don't think it's entirely accurate because I lost a shit ton of weight doing 20-30 minutes of cardio a day. Of course I was about 225lbs overweight at the time too. Draw your own conclusions.

Hammock Parties
06-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Melatonin is all natural, and is a chemical that you produce naturally. Babies produce it in much higher volume which is why they sleep more. You can find it in any drug store.

I had an abnormally difficult workout this morning. I only say that because it was so average. Nothing special about it, but I was dripping and sore when it was over. My shirt is usually soaked through from top to bottom when I'm done, but today it was literally dripping when I took it off.

I found an interesting article about weight lifting in relation to weight loss. It also talks about cardio and how much you should be doing to effectively lose weight. This will probably be discouraging for some, and I don't think it's entirely accurate, but it's an interesting take.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100240382&gt1=31036

I say I don't think it's entirely accurate because I lost a shit ton of weight doing 20-30 minutes of cardio a day. Of course I was about 225lbs overweight at the time too. Draw your own conclusions.

Smells like bullshit.

If you're lifting with high intensity for an hour, it's a GREAT cardio workout.

And you WILL add muscle if you eat properly, thereby increasing metabolism.

Of course if you half-ass it in the gym and eat shit, no, you won't lose weight.

For best results combine lifting, running and diet. Would that combination be as effective without lifting? HELL NO. Not even close, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Smells like bullshit.

If you're lifting with high intensity for an hour, it's a GREAT cardio workout.

And you WILL add muscle if you eat properly, thereby increasing metabolism.

Of course if you half-ass it in the gym and eat shit, no, you won't lose weight.

For best results combine lifting, running and diet. Would that combination be as effective without lifting? HELL NO. Not even close, IMO.

I'm about to start lifting. I'm really not looking forward to it, but that's tough shit. I agree, combined with cardio, it's weight loss on crack.

Manila-Chief
06-17-2009, 08:28 AM

Congrats! on managing the drinking thing! I've never drank, but I would guess one consumes a lot of extra calories in those beverages ... besides what else it does to your system. I say congrats because you mentioned starting many "stop drinking" threads ... maybe fat reduction is a greater motivator for you. :)

Good job ... well, I guess a "good job" would have been steadily losing, but from what you've been through it's worth celebrating!!! Wait! I'm a little confused ... 2.5 for the year but 20 since Jan. 1???

You gotta be encouraged that you are down into "in the teens" in going for your weight goal!!!

Latest weight for me was 225.5. I usually cheat a little and weigh myself after exercising, but that was my weight this morning without exercise, after breakfast and on less sleep than I'd like this weekend (I'm always heavier on light sleep, for some reason). So I guess I'm legitimately down 15 pounds since 1 April, 18 for the year, and ready to start on the next 15.

I'd like to finish the month at or under 220 if at all possible, that would be kind of a big deal to me, but 3 pounds a week may be more than I can do.

Atta boy!!!! I like that down 15 and on my way to the next 15!!! :clap:

We should keep this thread.

I agree!

I walked 3.5 miles yesterday instead of my 4. i was dehydrated and worn out. I walked 3 today. It wasn't as warm, but the humidity had my shirt soaked. I'm sure I was a sight.

You may have received the same benefit as a longer walk in cooler days. Who cares what kinda sight you were. It's the sight you will be in a few months that matter!!!

Seems like what ever time you arise, is "early." But, I agree with you guys ... it's hard from me to get out early in the A.M.

I've gotten myself back to being up late at night with this latest job, so I've got to shift a lot of shit around next week. Hell, I just ate dinner at 10 at night, that's never good.

I think it is the food you consume in a 24 time period. Now, that you are aware of what it does to you, I'm betting you handle it better this time around.

It boosts your metabolism for the entire day. I've always been a night owl, but I can't work out anytime but when I first wake up. Otherwise I have too much time to think about it, and fuck it off. I get up at 5am, go to the gym, run 4-5 miles and go to work by 7. I don't like going to bed early, and I take melatonin to do it, but it's worth it. I'm much more productive at work, and I don't spend nearly as much on coffee anymore.

Man, I admire you!!! I can't do it that early, but I do admire those who can.

Life changing is what this is about and you are changing yours in a real positive way!!!!

Hammock Parties
06-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm about to start lifting. I'm really not looking forward to it, but that's tough shit. I agree, combined with cardio, it's weight loss on crack.

Going to the gym is honestly fun for me now. There's a greater concentration of ass present than anywhere else in my life.

The running is getting a little tedious now that it's so hot out.

keg in kc
06-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I think it is the food you consume in a 24 time period. Now, that you are aware of what it does to you, I'm betting you handle it better this time around.The problem with eating late isn't weight-related, it's that it keeps me up until the wee hours of the morning. I'm not going to get up at 6 to run if I'm not falling asleep until 3 am. Which is what happened last night...

Although, actually, there is a weight-related issue, there. As I understand it (I'm no doctor, of course...), being up that late can itself lend to weight problems. Something to do with the body's chemical balance.

Anyway, as much as I like being a night owl, I know it's better for me not to be.

joesomebody
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
First real day at the gym.

Jogged 3.5 miles (will up it, but I haven't worked out in 3 years, so this was a pretty good jaunt for me.)

Stretched after running, did some light upper body toning, crunches (not many, so damn out of shape), then swam a few laps to loosen up and then sat in the hot tub for 15 to 20 mins.

Went shopping for healthy food, prepared my lunch for tonight at work, washed dishes, and am now going to bed. Night all :)

damaticous
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm not in the challenge. Wish I would have been though.

As of today I've lost 36 pounds. my goal was 37 pounds by Jun 26th. looks like I'm going to make it! Woohoo!

The Rick
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Another benefit of weight loss: blood pressure

My employer offers free blood pressure screenings. Apparently, anything higher than 120/80 is bad.

Two years ago, when I was at least 35 lbs. heavier, my blood pressure was 128/88.

Today? 115/76. Sweet!

Nzoner
06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
MANILA..was it you that found the no carb cheesecake?If so what's the name I'm back on low carb down to 212 now and have been jonesin' for something sweet.I bought me some chocolate almond fudge low carb ice cream but have yet to open it because it has a few more more carbs than I want to take in right now.

Frosty
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I mentioned it earlier along with the no sugar, full fat ice cream we made. The recipe is at home but it was mainly egg, cream cheese and sour cream with Splenda added.

let me know if you are interested and I'll find the recipe later.

Bowser
06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
MANILA..was it you that found the no carb cheesecake?If so what's the name I'm back on low carb down to 212 now and have been jonesin' for something sweet.I bought me some chocolate almond fudge low carb ice cream but have yet to open it because it has a few more more carbs than I want to take in right now.

Guess I shouldn't tell you about the new ice cream place on Barry Road, just south of Zona Rosa, that serves 21 and over only, huh? :evil:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I mentioned it earlier along with the no sugar, full fat ice cream we made. The recipe is at home but it was mainly egg, cream cheese and sour cream with Splenda added.

let me know if you are interested and I'll find the recipe later.

I'm interested. Hook a brutha up. Even if he is just a Husky fan. :)

BigRedChief
06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Man, I'd like to know about that too :thumb:

keg in kc
06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Guess I shouldn't tell you about the new ice cream place on Barry Road, just south of Zona Rosa, that serves 21 and over only, huh?That sounds interesting.

Frosty
06-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm interested. Hook a brutha up. Even if he is just a Husky fan. :)

I can give you the ice cream recipe now but will have to do the cheesecake tonight since the wife made it.

Keep in mind that I am losing weight by doing near zero carb, not counting calories. I don't give a crap about calories and this is definitely not low calorie.

I posted this on a different board. The Bear is Stanley Owsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley), who has lived on a zero carb diet since 1959. The protein powder we used is milk protein isolate, which is a 80:20 casein to whey mix. We get it at trueprotein.com. It works out to about 4g of carbs per cup.

I want to stress that I believe that I lost weight in spite of the ice cream and cheesecake, not because of it. However, it is nice to be able to fit the very occasional treat into a zero carb diet and not have cravings or even temporary bloat.

Here is what the Bear wrote about his ice cream.

I make a wonderful zero-carb ice cream with raw egg yolks, heavy cream, lactose-free milk protein and various flavours like vanilla and espresso. I use a very small amount of aspartame as a sweetener, since ice cream seems to need it. I have two sizes of White Mountain churn. Typical: 16 egg yolks, 2 litres heavy cream (35% mf), one cup water with two heaping tablespoons of a 3 to 1 mixture of calcium caseinate/ion exchange whey (or use lactose free 'total milk protein'- if you can find it), 1/4 teaspoon aspartame (Nutrasweet), three cups double short-black espresso, 2 tablespoon of high quality vanilla extract. Use a 6 qt churn with coarse salt and broken lump ice. Don't let the churn go too long, or it will turn to butter. You can skip the milk protein, but the texture will suffer.

Our ice cream maker is only 2 quarts so we had to try to divide it be three. Here is what we came up with.

3 cups heavy cream
1 cup of 2% milk
1 tablespoon milk protein isolate powder. Ours was strawberry flavored, which added to the flavor. Do not use straight whey protein powder
1 tablespoon granulated splenda
5 jumbo egg yolks
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Mix it thoroughly and use ice cream maker.

The problem we had, though, was it froze too hard and we had some ice crystals, probably because of the water in the milk. It had good texture after letting it sit out for awhile.

Next time we try it, we are going to use 4 cups of cream and eliminate the milk, which will drop the carbs some. We will also double the Splenda and the protein powder. I might use chocolate protein powder and add a little unsweetened cocoa powder.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm on a low calorie diet that won't allow that. I'll see if I can make a lettuce cheesecake sans the cheese and the cake. :D

Frosty
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm on a low calorie diet that won't allow that. I'll see if I can make a lettuce cheesecake sans the cheese and the cake. :D

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

If you end up stalling on your low cal diet, I think you would do great on zero carb. If you get interested, here is a great breakdown (http://www.livinlowcarbdiscussion.com/showthread.php?tid=488&pid=5766#pid5766) of the mechanics behind it and why it works.

There is more here (http://blog.zeroinginonhealth.com/).

There is also my pathetic little blog (http://blogdarc.blogspot.com/) detailing my personal experience.

Good luck in what ever you do. We need to keep the few remaining Husky fans as healthy as possible. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

If you end up stalling on your low cal diet, I think you would do great on zero carb. If you get interested, here is a great breakdown (http://www.livinlowcarbdiscussion.com/showthread.php?tid=488&pid=5766#pid5766) of the mechanics behind it and why it works.

There is more here (http://blog.zeroinginonhealth.com/).

There is also my pathetic little blog (http://blogdarc.blogspot.com/) detailing my personal experience.

Good luck in what ever you do. We need to keep the few remaining Husky fans as healthy as possible. :D

Awesome. Just like last year, I appreciate your insight. Thanks for the tips.

Frosty
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Here is ours.

About 4100 calories and 70 grams of carbs in the entire thing. Not too bad, carb-wise, per slice.

4 8-oz packages of cream cheese
1 1/3 cups granular Splenda
4 large eggs
8 oz sour cream (use the Daisy brand because the other brands use cornstarch as a filler, which leads to more carbs)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Beat cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Reduce speed and slowly add Splenda and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Scrape bowl and beaters. Add in sour cream and lemon juice and mix until well blended.

Pour mixture into a 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes in a 475° oven. Turn oven down to 200° and bake for an hour more. Our pan seeped a little, so put a cookie sheet or something on a rack underneath. Some people like to put a pan of water on the bottom rack to help keep it from cracking.

After the hour, turn off oven and let sit in oven for 15 minutes - don't open door during this time.

Remove and refrigerate. Serve cold.

This is adapted from the Classic Cheesecake recipe in Annalise G. Roberts' Gluten-Free Baking Classics.

keg in kc
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm eating a double chocolate brownie from panera as I type this.

Go go weightloss!

Hammock Parties
06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Anyone used Nitrous Oxide?

http://www.johnsmusclebuilding.com/images/nom_results.png

http://www.johnsmusclebuilding.com/?lp=2&t202id=11448&t202kw=&adid=5094

Frosty
06-17-2009, 08:52 PM

No wonder I'm always ripped after going to the dentist.

TinyEvel
06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
STOP THE MADNESS!!!

Are you guys starting to d a group falter here?

NO!!!

RUN AWAY!

Seriously, get to some hot water with lemon STAT!

mellow the f*ck out or start your own separate "binge" thread.

Kyle DeLexus
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM

N.O. to increase blood flow? I've been using it but it's too soon to say if it's helping.

TinyEvel
06-18-2009, 02:39 AM
That guy's penis totally got bigger, too!

DO IT CLAYTON!

:shake:

Ultra Peanut
06-18-2009, 03:15 AM
No, he just saw himself in the mirror and got a little excited.

Frosty
06-18-2009, 07:01 AM
mellow the f*ck out or start your own separate "binge" thread.

Who's binging? :shrug:

BigRedChief
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Here is ours.

About 4100 calories and 70 grams of carbs in the entire thing. Not too bad, carb-wise, per slice.

4 8-oz packages of cream cheese
1 1/3 cups granular Splenda
4 large eggs
8 oz sour cream (use the Daisy brand because the other brands use cornstarch as a filler, which leads to more carbs)
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Beat cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Reduce speed and slowly add Splenda and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Scrape bowl and beaters. Add in sour cream and lemon juice and mix until well blended.

Pour mixture into a 9" springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes in a 475° oven. Turn oven down to 200° and bake for an hour more. Our pan seeped a little, so put a cookie sheet or something on a rack underneath. Some people like to put a pan of water on the bottom rack to help keep it from cracking.

After the hour, turn off oven and let sit in oven for 15 minutes - don't open door during this time.

Remove and refrigerate. Serve cold.

This is adapted from the Classic Cheesecake recipe in Annalise G. Roberts' Gluten-Free Baking Classics.
70 carbs is a lot in my book. I'm probably staying under 20 carbs for a whole day.

Frosty
06-18-2009, 07:33 AM
70 carbs is a lot in my book. I'm probably staying under 20 carbs for a whole day.

That's for the whole thing. I was assuming people would just have a slice here and there.

BigRedChief
06-18-2009, 07:50 AM
That's for the whole thing. I was assuming people would just have a slice here and there.
I've had a couple pieces of my birthday cake back in January and not a single cheat since. But I am going to cheat on my vacation/cruise at the end of July.

Frosty
06-18-2009, 07:59 AM
I've had a couple pieces of my birthday cake back in January and not a single cheat since.

That's great. For me, it's amazing how easy it is to stay on plan eating very low carb. The cravings and hunger are just gone.

When I get to goal, I may have the very occasional "cheat" meals but I know it would be a slippery slope for me.

joesomebody
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Today instead of going for distance I went for 45 minutes of staying in a "zone" heart rate wise. I kept it between 140 and 150 for the whole 45 minutes (it got up to 155 briefly, but not long enough to really matter.)

I'm 27, so I'm not exactly sure what target HR I should be shooting for, I'm going for stamina/cardio improvement since I'm so out of shape.

After that I attempted lifting weights, though I ended up just doing curls because I have no clue what I'm doing in a weight room. I guess I should pay one of the trainers to give me some ideas on what I should be doing.

All in all I was happy with day number 2 at the gym.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Today instead of going for distance I went for 45 minutes of staying in a "zone" heart rate wise. I kept it between 140 and 150 for the whole 45 minutes (it got up to 155 briefly, but not long enough to really matter.)

I'm 27, so I'm not exactly sure what target HR I should be shooting for, I'm going for stamina/cardio improvement since I'm so out of shape.

After that I attempted lifting weights, though I ended up just doing curls because I have no clue what I'm doing in a weight room. I guess I should pay one of the trainers to give me some ideas on what I should be doing.

All in all I was happy with day number 2 at the gym.

I'm 32 and I keep mine in the 150-160's range for the entire workout. My problem is it generally takes 10 minutes to get it there. I'll find the weight lifting website I was shown and post a link to it here. It's great for not only ideas, and regimens, but it also shows videos of proper technique. It's perfect. It'll be tonight before I can post it, since I'm at work and can't remember.

Jilly
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm starting next week.

joesomebody
06-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm 32 and I keep mine in the 150-160's range for the entire workout. My problem is it generally takes 10 minutes to get it there. I'll find the weight lifting website I was shown and post a link to it here. It's great for not only ideas, and regimens, but it also shows videos of proper technique. It's perfect. It'll be tonight before I can post it, since I'm at work and can't remember.Thanks, that would be very helpful. I don't know anything about lifting weights.

I looked up the heart rate thing, and it appears I would want to keep it between 90 and 165 as someone between 25 and 30. Next time I'll shoot for 150-165. I think in the 30-35 range it only drops from 165 to 162.

I know last time I was on a fitness kick I was told that I was going to hard and wasn't getting the maximum benefit of my workout because I was over my target heart rate for most of the workout. Good for burning calories, but not really good for improving stamina/cardio ability.

Thanks again, time for me to go to bed.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks, that would be very helpful. I don't know anything about lifting weights.

I looked up the heart rate thing, and it appears I would want to keep it between 90 and 165 as someone between 25 and 30. Next time I'll shoot for 150-165. I think in the 30-35 range it only drops from 165 to 162.

I know last time I was on a fitness kick I was told that I was going to hard and wasn't getting the maximum benefit of my workout because I was over my target heart rate for most of the workout. Good for burning calories, but not really good for improving stamina/cardio ability.

Thanks again, time for me to go to bed.

I get mine up to 170, but I sure don't keep it there. Once it gets into the 160's I'll push it up and then lay off and let it gradually come back down. I only do that once or twice in a workout and try to keep it consistantly in the mid to upper 150's. It's all about conditioning for me. Weight loss is important, but I want the fitness to go with it.

Here's that website. It's expansive but it's really all you need to get started with weights. I suggest dumbbells for everything possible because it works more than just the targeted muscles of your selection. That's how it was explained to me anyways, and I had good results for the short period of time last year I actually did it. I'm getting ready to get started back up as well.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html

Kyle DeLexus
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
So I was listening to Weird Medicine with Dr. Steve on XM 202 The Virus and they had a little "weight loss experiment". They called it the Increased Penis Length Competition. I guess for every 35lbs you lose, you gain an inch. The subject had lost 28ish pounds and gained 3/4" so there might be something to it.

ChiefsFanatic
06-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Can someone help me? I am 38 years old, I am 5'7", I weigh 238 lbs. I joined a gym, and want to lose weight, get stronger, and improve my cardio stamina enough to play a game of basketball with my son where I don't want to pass out after 2 minutes of mild activity.

I have looked online everywhere, but I just get more confused. I have read several articles on dieting, and they contradict themselves. The same thing for working out.

I thought I found a good site, www.sparkpeople.com but there is a bunch of contradictory information on that site as well.

So, could someone tell me what has worked for them, or where I can find a guide to help me choose a diet and exercise program that work with each other?

Kyle DeLexus
06-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Can someone help me? I am 38 years old, I am 5'7", I weigh 238 lbs. I joined a gym, and want to lose weight, get stronger, and improve my cardio stamina enough to play a game of basketball with my son where I don't want to pass out after 2 minutes of mild activity.

I have looked online everywhere, but I just get more confused. I have read several articles on dieting, and they contradict themselves. The same thing for working out.

I thought I found a good site, www.sparkpeople.com (http://www.sparkpeople.com) but there is a bunch of contradictory information on that site as well.

So, could someone tell me what has worked for them, or where I can find a guide to help me choose a diet and exercise program that work with each other?

It might help if you post any diet or workout routines you currently are using. For me, my problem was that I wasn't eating enough and I still have a hard time getting 2000 calories a day. Everyone has a different body and different things work for different people so that creates all the contradicting information currently available.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm up to over 25 miles a week. That's more than ever before. I'm eating better than I have since Jan/Feb of 2008. Yet the pounds are hanging out and hanging on. I don't really understand it, but it is coming down so I'm good. No lamenting here. My lifestyle has changed for the better and I'm not going to stop so there's really no option but for it to come off.

Anyways, about 27 miles a week now. I'm very pleased. 30 isn't far off.

ChiefsFanatic
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
It might help if you post any diet or workout routines you currently are using. For me, my problem was that I wasn't eating enough and I still have a hard time getting 2000 calories a day. Everyone has a different body and different things work for different people so that creates all the contradicting information currently available.

Well, currently I am not on any diet. I usually skip breakfast, or have a pint of 2% chocolate milk. I eat something unhealthy for lunch. Then I eat dinner, again something usually not healthy. I have no idea how many calories I consume in a day. I do usually have a couple of cokes throughout the day.

I don't work out at all.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Everyone done?

Hammock Parties
06-24-2009, 10:44 PM
I usually skip breakfast, or have a pint of 2% chocolate milk.

That's terrible.

Manila-Chief
06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Everyone done?

I guess I am ... unwillingly done … been losing and gaining the same couple pounds for a few days. I wanted to get down to about 190, so I would have a little wiggle room when I go off the diet. But, that's not going to happen unless I really fall off the plateau … which I don’t expect to happen.

Luv started a thread regarding 5 days off ... before I clicked on it … I thought she was talking about 5 days to go for the contest. I hope she enjoys her mini-vacation. But, it’s more like a week? :shake:

keg in kc
06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Everyone done?I'm not, just haven't been posting about it. Still running, working on eating better. Long, slow process.

Kyle DeLexus
06-25-2009, 02:04 AM
I started my running routine today so i'm just starting after having to take time off.

Third Eye
06-25-2009, 04:47 AM

Please tell me you don't believe this crap.

Frosty
06-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Everyone done?

Even though I am not part of this challenge, I have been losing weight on my own along side y'all. Hit another low this morning, so - nope, not done. :D

Actually, I don't plan on ever being "done". Going "off the diet" is how you gain everything back, usually with dividends. This is just how I eat now and my body will end up where it needs to be.

TinyEvel
06-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Done?

NOTHING IS OVER!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We've got five more days! I have been unable to exercise since June 4th and I am at my lowest weight since Jan 1st. It's a neck and neck race for the money, and even after June 30 most of us are gonna keep going, right??

TinyEvel
06-25-2009, 07:25 AM
I WILL BE P-MAILING THE SPECIFIC FINAL WEIGH-IN INSTRUCTIONS ON JUNE 29 TH. YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST ON JULY 1 TO EMAIL ME YOUR FINAL VIDEO.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR WEIGHT UNTIL THE CONTEST WINNER HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

--TE

Rain Man
06-25-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm making my final push, though it was derailed by some tasty trail mix that I've been gnawing the past couple of days.

Nzoner
06-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Everyone done?

I got derailed for a bit but as of this morning down to 210 and shooting for 195 before my late July Lauderdale trip.

burt
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Holding @ 221 here, but not bad since I started @266

BigRedChief
06-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Still losing my 2-3 lbs a week without exercising regurally. no cheating. Wonder when that will stop and I'll have to get off my lazy ass and move to keep up the weight loss?

keg in kc
06-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I hesitate to share this, I know a lot of folks are struggling and it's maybe too close to bragging, but I feel really good about it. It's about 90 outside, heat index close to 100 thanks to the humidity, and I just finished jogging for 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like much, and I'm not going to be setting any land speed records, but I remember back in March, 4 months and 20 pounds ago, when I had to push myself just to jog 60 seconds. Doing this in this kind of heat isn't something I ever thought I could do, and it makes me feel pretty damn proud of myself, which for those of you that know me, is kind of a foreign concept. Makes me start to think that maybe I can do some of those other things I've always believed impossible.

I guess the moral of the story is to keep pushing. It's hard work getting back in shape, and losing weight accumulated over years or decades, and it's easy to psyche yourself out, or to give up, but if you keep fighting through it maybe in the end you'll surprise yourself. Or even before the end, 'cause I know I still have a good 30 pounds to go myself.

Hammock Parties
06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Look at keg. Optimistic for once.

Keep it up good buddy. Before you know it you'll be lifting weights.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
I hesitate to share this, I know a lot of folks are struggling and it's maybe too close to bragging, but I feel really good about it. It's about 90 outside, heat index close to 100 thanks to the humidity, and I just finished jogging for 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like much, and I'm not going to be setting any land speed records, but I remember back in March, 4 months and 20 pounds ago, when I had to push myself just to jog 60 seconds. Doing this in this kind of heat isn't something I ever thought I could do, and it makes me feel pretty damn proud of myself, which for those of you that know me, is kind of a foreign concept. Makes me start to think that maybe I can do some of those other things I've always believed impossible.

I guess the moral of the story is to keep pushing. It's hard work getting back in shape, and losing weight accumulated over years or decades, and it's easy to psyche yourself out, or to give up, but if you keep fighting through it maybe in the end you'll surprise yourself. Or even before the end, 'cause I know I still have a good 30 pounds to go myself.

:clap: My body is clinging to every last fat cell it has. I don't know why, but it is what it is. Good job dude, I look forward to getting there myself.

Manila-Chief
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Even though I am not part of this challenge, I have been losing weight on my own along side y'all. Hit another low this morning, so - nope, not done. :D

Actually, I don't plan on ever being "done". Going "off the diet" is how you gain everything back, usually with dividends. This is just how I eat now and my body will end up where it needs to be.

Maybe not the challenge but you are part of the experience. We encourage anyone who is in this struggle with us. We all know the difficult involved.

Yeah, hear that about gaining it all back. I'll relax a little on my eating and will eat some things I have advoided ... but, I desire to continue eating very carefully. While I've drop a lot of weight and it seemed "easy" ... I know what a struggle it is to get started on a weight loss plan and will try to prevent it from going back around my middle. Once I get on the eating plan and get going, I can accomplish my goals ... it's the starting that gets me. So, again ... thanks Tiny ... you deserve much of the credit for my accomplishments.

Done?

NOTHING IS OVER!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8lT1o0sDwI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We've got five more days! I have been unable to exercise since June 4th and I am at my lowest weight since Jan 1st. It's a neck and neck race for the money, and even after June 30 most of us are gonna keep going, right??

Are you trying to claim a moral victory? Hehehehe! It's gotta make you feel good that you are where you are in spite of your surgery!!!

I'm making my final push, though it was derailed by some tasty trail mix that I've been gnawing the past couple of days.

Good! Now, I don't have to keep checking over my shoulder to see if you are about to pass. :)

I was waiting in line at the county tag office this morning. Saw a vending machine with large candy bars. Before we began that would have been tempting. Not now ... but, it's stuff like trail mix, etc. that I need to resist.

Doing good Burt!!! That's a lot of loose baggage you have shed. Good you are holding, since your weight loss causing stress is not as great. Hang in there and it will continue to drop.

I WILL BE P-MAILING THE SPECIFIC FINAL WEIGH-IN INSTRUCTIONS ON JUNE 29 TH. YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST ON JULY 1 TO EMAIL ME YOUR FINAL VIDEO.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR WEIGHT UNTIL THE CONTEST WINNER HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

--TE

So, then, I shouldn't post that this A.M. I weighed in at 19? ... but, I'll not brag about it cause I worked, in the garden, about 11 hours yesterday without stopping ... even though I've been out in the sun all spring/summer ... got sun burned on my face, arms, top of my ears, etc. even through the tee shirt I was wearing ... too bad sun burn doesn't take weight off ... but, I'm sure I'll regain it in the next couple of days. So, carry on with your top secret plan. :D

I'm still thinking BRC is a dark horse to win this thing ... 2 to 3 lbs. a week???

Still losing my 2-3 lbs a week without exercising regurally. no cheating. Wonder when that will stop and I'll have to get off my lazy ass and move to keep up the weight loss?

You're the man!!! No need to exercise until you stop losing. Yeah! You might lose more if you were walking an hour a day ... but 2 to 3 lbs. is healthy. I've never weighted that much, buy I think you will slow down and then you can become un-lazy! :D

Great to hear!!! And, yes you should brag about it on this thread. It motivates yourself and encourages the rest of us. Yes, one day at a time, but it does get easier as you have victories to remind yourself to keep pushing.

:clap: My body is clinging to every last fat cell it has. I don't know why, but it is what it is. Good job dude, I look forward to getting there myself.

Know the feeling ... seems the places I want to disappear the most are the last ones to go.

Let me say to you ... GOOD JOB DUDE!!!

keg in kc
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm still hanging around 225. My desire to eat what I should hasn't yet surpassed my desire to eat what I shouldn't. But I'm running enough that I'm not gaining any weight, and probably going to end up down 3 or 4 pounds for the month, with a very unlikely outside shot at getting down around 220.

I have a feeling that when I get the diet squared-away (I mean diet in the everyday eating sense, not the "i'm going on a diet" sense), I'm going to lose a lot of flab.

My parents may be coming out here in July, which is incentive to try a little harder.

Either way, I'm pretty satisfied. Slow weight change is fine with me, as long as it's going down and not the other direction.

TinyEvel
06-29-2009, 11:13 PM
DOwn the stretch and NO POSTS in four days?! I hope it's because you were all so focused you didn;t want to give it away. :D

CHECK YOUR PMs FOR FINAL WEIGH-IN INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

DO NOT POST YOUR FINAL WIEGHT HERE! I WILL BE POSTING A "WINNERS CIRCLE" THREAD AND UPDATING THIS THREAD HEADER ON JULY 2nd!!!

Taco John
06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Bummer. I wish I'd have known about this thread. I'd have added my name...

Here are my stats from the log I'm keeping:

Taco John (5'11")...............(230)..................(227).......(217)...........(209)...........(205)............ ..(199)

Manila-Chief
06-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Hey, I get a treat ... for some reason I lost a day in June. I was thinking the last day was Wed. (should check my calendar more often). I get to have my first true cheat meal this evening and not tomorrow.

Tiny doesn't want us to not post our weight. I tried to change my tickerfactory weigth to 19?, but it registered as only 19 lbs. Yep, kinda confusing. Not a lot of change, but I'll let it be a little bit of a mystery for now.

I'll tell you guys right now, I'm the winner. NO!, not the contest (Tiny determines that) ... but, my personal accomplishment. Never thought I'd do this well. Thanks guys for helping me stay focused and on target. Normally, I'd lose a respectable amount, be tempted, and use an excuse to just be satisfied. Finally (just heard a commerical on Mike & Mike), I'm below 200.

burt
06-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I have been doing cardio and lifting every other day. I am actually developing pecs! I am down to 217, from 266 and now have adjusted my goal to 190! Stress and Tiny sparked the beginning, but I have pushed to improve myself...(in many ways)

Dartgod
06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I've failed miserably. Got off to a good start, but after a couple of months went back to my old habits of unhealthy eating and no exercise. I haven't been on a scale in some time, but I'm probably pretty close to my starting weight.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I've failed miserably. Got off to a good start, but after a couple of months went back to my old habits of unhealthy eating and no exercise. I haven't been on a scale in some time, but I'm probably pretty close to my starting weight.

I didn't start off worth a shit. I didn't even get going until 6 weeks ago and had put an additional 15-20lbs on from my starting weight. I'm back to under my starting weight but not by much. I'm pretty disappointed I didn't seize the moment here. I blew a legitimate opportunity to go see my first Chiefs game in KC. Them's the breaks.

Bob Dole
06-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Bob Dole got on the scales this morning and is spot on with his original goal, so regardless of the final outcome, it is a definite win.

This was a very cool concept. Thanks Tiny E!

burt
06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
regardless of the final outcome, it is a definite win.

This was a very cool concept. Thanks Tiny E!

Very much THIS:LOL:

luv
06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I fell off towards the end of the month. I'm still hoping for second.

Rain Man
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey, I get a treat ... for some reason I lost a day in June. I was thinking the last day was Wed. (should check my calendar more often). I get to have my first true cheat meal this evening and not tomorrow.

Tiny doesn't want us to not post our weight. I tried to change my tickerfactory weigth to 19?, but it registered as only 19 lbs. Yep, kinda confusing. Not a lot of change, but I'll let it be a little bit of a mystery for now.

I'll tell you guys right now, I'm the winner. NO!, not the contest (Tiny determines that) ... but, my personal accomplishment. Never thought I'd do this well. Thanks guys for helping me stay focused and on target. Normally, I'd lose a respectable amount, be tempted, and use an excuse to just be satisfied. Finally (just heard a commerical on Mike & Mike), I'm below 200.

If you got down to 19 pounds, I'm almost positive you won. Good job, Mary Kate!

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Yeah I (MWagg) failed also. I'm still down 5 pounds from my original weight but up 5 from my lowest in the contest. I'm finally starting to exercise again and might have found my motivation. When I went for my jog this morning there was a woman out sunbathing nekid...well topless anyway. I don't know if she's likes the attention or doesn't realize people jog right there. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing and I'll keep hitting the trail.

Bowser
06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
It took me long enough to get going with the eating right and working out, but I feel like I'm going pretty strong now. Haven't weighed yet, but I am curious to see how much I've lost in two months.

KC Jones
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
I suck - so I didn't bother making a final video. I'm at 256.5 - so down 8.5 overall but upset that I have let it slide so far. There is still plenty of time for me to reach my goal before the year ends, so I really need to rededicate myself.

teedubya
06-30-2009, 06:58 PM
My video camera is broken, my wife effed it up, and we've not purchased a new one yet.

but my final weight is 249.5 which is under 250, which was one of my targets for 6 months...

For middle of August. next is 239.

Not bad, down 43.5 pounds... Where I originally was, 311... I've lost 61.5 Only took 1 year to lose 61.5... now another 40 or so, and my penis will look HUGE!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
My video camera is broken, my wife effed it up, and we've not purchased a new one yet.

but my final weight is 249.5 which is under 250, which was one of my targets for 6 months...

Not bad, down 43.5 pounds... Where I originally was, 311... I've lost 61.5 Only took 1 year to lose 61.5... now another 40 or so, and my penis will look HUGE!

JELQ FTW!!1!!!!1!!won

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
JELQ FTW!!1!!!!1!!won

Lose 35lbs your penis gets an inch bigger.......

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM

I've lost 120 and I can tell you that is utter bullshit. Sure, my penis is larger, but it's not 3.5 inches larger.

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
I've lost 120 and I can tell you that is utter bullshit. Sure, my penis is larger, but it's not 3.5 inches larger.

well there is a max. Basically, the average is 35-40lbs per inch and I'm not sure what the max is. They are having a "study" on Weird Medicine. Basically having a dude lose weight and keep track of his penis length throughout. He's about right on average.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
well there is a max. Basically, the average is 35-40lbs per inch and I'm not sure what the max is. They are having a "study" on Weird Medicine. Basically having a dude lose weight and keep track of his penis length throughout. He's about right on average.

I think it has to do with how overweight you are too. Having fat around your pelvic area definitely affects the appearance of one's penis. But I do know that it changes, because my wife has complained. :D

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I think it has to do with how overweight you are too. Having fat around your pelvic area definitely affects the appearance of one's penis. But I do know that it changes, because my wife has complained. :D

Yeah, it's got to do with that, but they said it doesn't matter how you measure so thats what I thought was weird. If you measure by pressing against the pelvic bone through the fat you'd think you wouldn't see much gain, but they said it still applies. I'm not sure waiting on the results of the study :)

Bowser
06-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, this thread just went in the shitter.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, this thread just went in the shitter.

What the fuck is going on in here? Wait.......

Bowser
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM

Did she break it when she took it on safari to find the missing cocque?

burt
06-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I am not sure about the math, but mine looks much bigger with a 49 pound loss. I can hardly wait for the other 27 pounds to melt so I can share!!!!!

TinyEvel
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
well, I lost about 25 Lbs and your penis looks about the same size to me, Flopnuts :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
well, I lost about 25 Lbs and your penis looks about the same size to me, Flopnuts :D

LMAO Ok, I laughed hard at that. I'm glad I wasn't drinking soda.

Hammock Parties
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
LMAO Ok, I laughed hard at that. I'm glad I wasn't drinking soda.

WHY WOULD YOU BE DRINKING SODA, FATTY?

TinyEvel
06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
gochiefs. PM me an update. WTF?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
WHY WOULD YOU BE DRINKING SODA, FATTY?

It's diet dood.

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Had my first 2 a day since high school today. Pretty damn tired, think I'm going to take a hot epsom salt bath so I can play softball tomorrow without my arms feeling like they are going to fall off.

TinyEvel
07-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Someone please post a "confirmation word" for my video.
I'll use the first one posted.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2009, 08:20 AM
billy goat

Nzoner
07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
No video but you can update me to 209

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2009, 08:22 AM

Same. I'm down to 332.

BigRedChief
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Same here. I'm busy tonight and I'm really not interested in the prizes anyway. The reward for me was losing 53 lbs of flab. Another 47 lbs to go. Still no cheating and on track.

Current weight = 355

Fire Me Boy!
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
No video; family's in town and don't feel like messing with it. Also know I didn't win so no biggie. Gotta keep things rolling.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 08:55 AM

I'm just happy that I can see mine now when I look down.

TinyEvel
07-01-2009, 08:56 AM
dudes, the prizes are four deep. It's gonna be tough to hand this stuff out fairly if nobody verifies.

I understand what you're saying, "I'm not in the money," I'm busy etcetera, but I put a lot of my time and effort and money into this thing over the past 6 months and this is kinda like tossing all that out.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2009, 09:03 AM
dudes, the prizes are four deep. It's gonna be tough to hand this stuff out fairly if nobody verifies.

I understand what you're saying, "I'm not in the money," I'm busy etcetera, but I put a lot of my time and effort and money into this thing over the past 6 months and this is kinda like tossing all that out.

If you want a video from me, you got it. I appreciate every oz. of time, effort, and money you've thrown into this and I don't want you to feel like I don't give a shit about any of that because I'm not going to win something.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Someone please post a "confirmation word" for my video.
I'll use the first one posted.

Mumbai.

My video is being delivered via YouSendIt. Sorry about the videography, as it was kind of sunny in my office this morning.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay, I just got a confirmation that my video was sent. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll send someone a strongly worded letter.

If you can blank out my face, you can post my before and after videos, or post stills. However, I'm not in this for glory. I'm in it so I can wear my old t-shirts again.

BigRedChief
07-01-2009, 09:34 AM
If you want a video from me, you got it. I appreciate every oz. of time, effort, and money you've thrown into this and I don't want you to feel like I don't give a shit about any of that because I'm not going to win something.
Same here. Just real busy and leaving town tommorrow night for the weekend. Not a diss. Whatever your decision is will be fine with me. Just let me know who to send the money to.

I'm planning on continuing on after the contest and keep posting in this thread or do we need another thread?

BigRedChief
07-01-2009, 09:36 AM
However, I'm not in this for glory. I'm in it so I can wear my old t-shirts again.
Yep, going on a cruise at the end of July. Got out my old Hawaiian shirts out of a storage box and they fit now. That hasn't happened in 3 years.

Nzoner
07-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Welcome to planning a CP bash only to have a handful of people show up.

Bob Dole
07-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Bob Dole found time to send his video.

Pussies.

Mr. Plow
07-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say good job to everyone.

BRC, you really popped out to me losing 50 lbs. Congrats and keep it up!!

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Yep, going on a cruise at the end of July. Got out my old Hawaiian shirts out of a storage box and they fit now. That hasn't happened in 3 years.

Cool. And you show much less of the surrounding ocean on them, I bet.

burt
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM

I would send one, but I was never official!

Bowser
07-01-2009, 10:41 AM
233. Will get working on the video.

keg in kc
07-01-2009, 11:11 AM
224.5 as of a few seconds ago for me. That's down 3 pounds in June despite eating like a hog the whole month. Started 2009 at 243.5 so I'm approaching the official 20 pound point for the calendar year. (I was actually at 223.5 earlier in the month). That's roughly the halfway point, as my end goal has always been a vague 200ish, although it would probably be healthiest for me to get into the 180-190 pound range, at my height (6').

July goal is to focus on my diet (should be easier now; I'm not working...) and shoot for 215.

Bowser
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
224.5 as of a few seconds ago for me. That's down 3 pounds in June despite eating like a hog the whole month. Started 2009 at 243.5 so I'm approaching the official 20 pound point for the calendar year. (I was actually at 223.5 earlier in the month). That's roughly the halfway point, as my end goal has always been a vague 200ish, although it would probably be healthiest for me to get into the 180-190 pound range, at my height (6').

July goal is to focus on my diet (should be easier now; I'm not working...) and shoot for 215.

Keep it up, and good job.

Bowser
07-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I was happy with the 20 I lost in two months, but I may be needing to change up my workout, as the weight isn't coming off as fast here lately. Still need to get at least 40 more off.

Phobia
07-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Congratulations to all you former fatasses. I would have won this thing had I entered but I really wanted to give somebody else a fighting chance. Well done, Chunky. Get yourself a piece of pie because you deserve it.

Bowser
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to all you former fatasses. I would have won this thing had I entered but I really wanted to give somebody else a fighting chance. Well done, Chunky. Get yourself a piece of pie because you deserve it.

Yeah, but your cabbage soup gives you an unfair advantage. It's like you're mainlining Ex-Lax. (And no, you caused me too much duress to let me ever let you live it down. Gah.)

Phobia
07-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Your wife still puts me to shame, Bows. I ate the cabbage soup in hopes of competing but she's the queen of buttair.

Nzoner
07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, but your cabbage soup gives you an unfair advantage. It's like you're mainlining Ex-Lax. (And no, you caused me too much duress to let me ever let you live it down. Gah.)

The cabbage soup diet?

Tried that once and only once :Lin:

BigRedChief
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah its your fault that I didn't win. If you hadn't told me that those beers were low carb I would have dropped another 20lbs.:)

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
As a side story, I had to get my suits tailored since they're too big for me now. About two years ago, I had to have them let out since they were too small, and I went back to the same tailor, an older Korean woman with a heavy accent. I bring stuff to her occasionally, maybe once a year when I lose a button or need pants hemmed.

I took them to her and as she was measuring, she asked if I had lost weight, and I told her yes. She did the usual niceties and compliments and stuff. I then mentioned that she had already altered the same suits earlier when I'd gained weight.

She didn't remember that, but her mind was churning, and then she said, "Oh, you had pants. Zipper broken, yes?" She motioned to the knee.

About a year ago, I'd brought in two pairs of cargo pants where the side pockets had zippers, and the dry cleaner had crushed the zippers. That was the last time I'd been in. "Yeah," I said. "That's me."

"That you?" she said. "I remember you! You fat!"

I decided to take it as a compliment, and said, "Yeah, I've definitely lost weight."

She then curved her arms into two semicircles around her. "You really fat! You lose much weight!"

"Yeah, thanks."

"I remember now. You fat!"

"Um, okay."

"Fat!"

I presume that maybe that was a cultural rift there, but I really didn't need to hear the third and fourth proclamations, nor the hand illustration on the second one.

Bob Dole
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I presume that maybe that was a cultural rift there, but I really didn't need to hear the third and fourth proclamations, nor the hand illustration on the second one.

No. You were really that fat.

TinyEvel
07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
THis is the link to my final weigh -in, just so you guys can keep me honest.

http://vimeo.com/5409623

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
:LOL: Billy goat! Nice.

burt
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
THANKS TINY! I am not official, but here is me down from 266 to 217!

ChiefsFan4Life
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
217 on 11/27/08

162 this AM

55 lbs lost

burt
07-01-2009, 07:12 PM
217 on 11/27/08

162 this AM

55 lbs lost

yeah....well....me an Clayton are gonna be models!!!!!

Hammock Parties
07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
yeah....well....me an Clayton are gonna be models!!!!!

You gonna be a hand model?

burt
07-01-2009, 07:19 PM
You gonna be a hand model?

Dude, that is about all either one of us could be!

Hammock Parties
07-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Dude, that is about all either one of us could be!

I dunno. Have you looked into bra modeling?

burt
07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I dunno. Have you looked into bra modeling?

No, dick nose, you try modeling a nasal jock strap?

Hammock Parties
07-01-2009, 07:34 PM
No, dick nose, you try modeling a nasal jock strap?

It would hide my pretty face.

burt
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM
It would hide my pretty face.

And secure your dicknose...........dicknose.

TinyEvel
07-01-2009, 09:19 PM
And secure your dicknose...........dicknose.

Dicknose?

Dicknose?

C'mon, you can do better than that...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWNLhptltBg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWNLhptltBg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

burt
07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Dicknose?

Dicknose?

C'mon, you can do better than that...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWNLhptltBg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWNLhptltBg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

With Clayton, the words douchbag, fag, idiot, dickholester, attention whore, scumbag, felcher, salad tosser, and suster f@cker are all already so over used!
Posted via Mobile Device

TinyEvel
07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
YOU SURE ARE MEAN FOR AN OLDER GUY.

angelo
07-02-2009, 06:37 AM
As of July 1, 2009

No picture or photos yet.

Thanks for all the advice.

Ang

burt
07-02-2009, 08:05 AM
YOU SURE ARE MEAN FOR AN OLDER GUY.

Actually, I am only 32. It's just been a VERY hard life!
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
07-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Wait, so who won? Isn't this competition over?

Simply Red
07-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Congrats all!

Simplex3
07-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, I made it down to 235lbs. Nowhere near the percentage some of you guys lost. Congratulations to everyone. Well done.

Rain Man
07-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I thought I'd go further today on my run, and targeted 15 miles. I was doing good until the sun came out and it warmed up, and about Mile 7 I was lagging a bit. I kept pushing and kept going slower, and made it 14 miles before I finally decided that I was going to die if I went one more mile. I dragged myself home, grabbed some ice water, and was down for the count. Seriously, I have never been that physically exhausted in my entire life, or even close. For about an hour I couldn't even move unless you count spontaneous shivering.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I've been bitching about weight clinging to me and I discover I've lost 10lbs in the last 2 weeks. Woot!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 03:33 PM
The wife, dog, and I celebrated our independence by taking a 10 mile hike. We went to Wallace Falls out in Gold Bar, WA. 5 miles up the mountain and then 5 miles back down. I'm a hurtin fuckin soldier but we made it farther than we did the last time. There were people up there with us that were in pretty good shape that were sweating through their shirts so I didn't feel so bad that my 330lb ass was soaked. I was definitely the fattest guy at the falls. Maybe ever. :D

keg in kc
07-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Gotta keep this thread going, people are still fighting the good fight.

I'm in a plateau, mostly because I've let myself slide back into my nocturnal habits. But I've managed to keep the exercise going despite the wacky hours. Just finished my second 45-minute run of the week, in fact.

Family's in town in 8 days, and I'd like to be under 220 by then, but I don't think 5 pounds in two weeks is going to happen unless I starve myself, which, well, I'm not going to do. I should be there by the end of the month, though.

Manila-Chief
07-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Keg ... just remember that a plateau will break and (at least for me) the weight just comes off ... so, there is a chance you can get to your goal.

Yesterday, I meant to bump this thread and request everyone to check in. So, especially all who are continuing this quest ... as a matter of discipline ... report in!!!

I've gone off the 0 carb eating ... but, not gone overboard ... mostly fresh veggies ... lots of tomato sandwiches ... fired green mators/squash/eggplant ... Southern food. My morning weight is still the same as weigh in date. No, not lost any more but at least not gaining and that's a winner. Another success, for me, I've yet to eat something sweet and there are candy bars just lying around ... and surprisingly easy to do with you guys lurking around.

keg in kc
07-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Keg ... just remember that a plateau will break and (at least for me) the weight just comes off ... so, there is a chance you can get to your goal.My plateau isn't really a plateau. When I sleep during the day, I end up eating constantly all night, and usually the wrong things. I should have myself out of that trap by early next week.

Fortunately I'm at a point where I'm exercising so much that I don't gain very much weight. Running has become habitual now, I haven't missed a day in months.

Dartgod
07-09-2009, 07:27 AM
I thought I'd go further today on my run, and targeted 15 miles. I was doing good until the sun came out and it warmed up, and about Mile 7 I was lagging a bit. I kept pushing and kept going slower, and made it 14 miles before I finally decided that I was going to die if I went one more mile. I dragged myself home, grabbed some ice water, and was down for the count. Seriously, I have never been that physically exhausted in my entire life, or even close. For about an hour I couldn't even move unless you count spontaneous shivering.

Fortunately I'm at a point where I'm exercising so much that I don't gain very much weight. Running has become habitual now, I haven't missed a day in months.
What is this "running" that you speak of?

keg in kc
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
What is this "running" that you speak of?Something that happens when you drink the water in a third-world place like mexico, the middle east, or rural missouri.

Rain Man
07-09-2009, 08:14 AM
The wife, dog, and I celebrated our independence by taking a 10 mile hike. We went to Wallace Falls out in Gold Bar, WA. 5 miles up the mountain and then 5 miles back down. I'm a hurtin ****in soldier but we made it farther than we did the last time. There were people up there with us that were in pretty good shape that were sweating through their shirts so I didn't feel so bad that my 330lb ass was soaked. I was definitely the fattest guy at the falls. Maybe ever. :D

In that respect, you're kind of the Christopher Columbus of 300-lbers.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-09-2009, 08:19 AM
In that respect, you're kind of the Christopher Columbus of 300-lbers.

http://www.amptoons.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/wall-e-captain.jpg

burt
07-09-2009, 08:57 AM
My plateau isn't really a plateau. When I sleep during the day, I end up eating constantly all night, and usually the wrong things.

This was my problem last night! I am still UNDER 220, but I know eating stupidly last night didn't help a damn thing!

Fire Me Boy!
07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Family's been in town last week and through this weekend. Diet has consisted mainly of restaurant fare and homemade pot pie.

Should have no problems getting back on track once everything gets back to normal.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2009, 02:55 AM
I think this company was sent to us by God:

http://www.skinnycow.com/

100 calories per fudge bar. AWESOME. And they completely satisfy my craving.

Rausch
07-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Something that happens when you drink the water in a third-world place like mexico, the middle east, or rural missouri.

Much safer to stick to canned, carbonated, and fermented drinks...

J Diddy
07-10-2009, 03:17 AM

I've often suspected you love the fudge bar.

Hammock Parties
07-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Fudge bar > Fish taco.

Rausch
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Fudge bar > Fish taco.

I'll pass on both...

Mr. Flopnuts
07-10-2009, 08:19 AM

Dude. Their ice cream sandwiches have like 140 calories and 1g of lonely fat. Love them. LOVE THEM!

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Man, Wednesday night sucked. 10 cent wing night at the bar and all my friends got 30-40 each and I sat there and had 5. Those skinny bastards kept trying to get me to eat what they couldn't finish....damn cheap, delicious food!

Mr. Flopnuts
07-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Man, Wednesday night sucked. 10 cent wing night at the bar and all my friends got 30-40 each and I sat there and had 5. Those skinny bastards kept trying to get me to eat what they couldn't finish....damn cheap, delicious food!

Look at it this way. If you're willing to go run 5 miles before you eat, you can eat like 25 of them and be even.

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Look at it this way. If you're willing to go run 5 miles before you eat, you can eat like 25 of them and be even.

ROFL good point. A lot of work for $2.50 worth of wings. Really, I probably would have had more if it wasn't 11pm. Eating fried food that late couldn't be good.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-10-2009, 10:50 AM
ROFL good point. A lot of work for $2.50 worth of wings. Really, I probably would have had more if it wasn't 11pm. Eating fried food that late couldn't be good.

Eating anything that late can't be good. Unless you're up to 4am.

Hammock Parties
07-19-2009, 05:42 PM
This is vital:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Mr. Flopnuts
07-19-2009, 05:45 PM
This is vital:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Sweet. For extreme weight loss I cannot consume more than 2640 calories a day.

BigRedChief
07-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I got into my first 3X shirt in years on Friday. Down from the 5X's I was wearing.

TinyEvel
07-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I got into my first 3X shirt in years on Friday. Down from the 5X's I was wearing.

Congrats Doug, keep on keeping on. We expect to see a slimmer BRC at the tailgates this fall. Any exercise yet?

Simplex3
07-19-2009, 06:06 PM

That is awesome. Feels great, huh?

So I went and got my pre-fight physical the other day (I passed) and had a real surprise. Seems I've grown almost an inch. I'm sure it is my spine straightening from the loss of gut and strengthening of the core, but it's good either way.

BigRedChief
07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Congrats Doug, keep on keeping on. We expect to see a slimmer BRC at the tailgates this fall. Any exercise yet?
Saw Phobia on Friday, haven't seen him since my birthday party. He noticed a big difference in my girth.

Started walking the dog this week. Going to start "really" exercising after the cruise starting Thrusday. Kind of looking forward to cheating after 7 months , but no real desire to cheat. It's vacation and a cruise. I have to have one of those fruity drinks at all times in my hand.

luv
07-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Sweet. For extreme weight loss I cannot consume more than 2640 calories a day.

No more than 1616 here.

luv
07-19-2009, 07:52 PM

That's awesome. I can't wait until I can drop the X altogether.

TinyEvel
07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
You gonna be droppin' X at the bash?

Edgy!

Manila-Chief
07-19-2009, 08:42 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: Way to go BRC!!! It truly is a great feeling.

Late Dec. I would go the the closet and sort through pants trying to find a pair that were not too tight and shirts that didn't reveal my fat. This A.M. I was searching, again, but this time for a pair small enough. Went from size 44 to 38 and the pair I had on this morning were a little loose. Yep, I know the feeling and it sure is nice.

I'm still holding the weight where I was when we ended. I expect to go up a little but I'm hoping the pressure of this thread will help me hang around 200.

Saw Phobia on Friday, haven't seen him since my birthday party. He noticed a big difference in my girth.

Started walking the dog this week. Going to start "really" exercising after the cruise starting Thrusday. Kind of looking forward to cheating after 7 months , but no real desire to cheat. It's vacation and a cruise. I have to have one of those fruity drinks at all times in my hand.

First, enjoy your cruise. Your smaller size will make for a more enjoyable vacation.

But, you may have my experience ... because of being on the no carbs for over 6 months ... it feels weird to think about cheating. Plus, that tempting stuff doesn't taste as good as I imagined and that makes it easier to resist. I, still have not eaten anything sweet. But, I think there is a candy bar in there with my name on it ... or NOT!!!

Second, I encourage you to begin a walking program. Take the dogs with you if that is what it takes to get you active. As well as you are doing without exercise, I think fast walking will do wonders for you!!!

That's awesome. I can't wait until I can drop the X altogether.

How are you doing girl? Can you, yet, say, "I weigh one hundred and XX lbs? Forget about the X ... I'm pulling for a "M" for you and not even a "L". :)

How is everyone else doing?

Manila-Chief
07-19-2009, 08:46 PM

Edgy!

Tiny, for you personally, were the results worth you starting the thread? What are your thoughts on the contest?

Gerry

luv
07-19-2009, 09:08 PM

Edgy!

That's how I roll.

chief52
07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Haven't been on in a while, but been doing ok. Down to 191 from 227. TinyEvel...you got it going. Thanks. Looking to get another 10 to 15.

Fire Me Boy!
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
It's really difficult to be good on a diet when Chik-Fil-A brings by free chicken sandwiches and waffle fries.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
It's really difficult to be good on a diet when Chik-Fil-A brings by free chicken sandwiches and waffle fries.

Their chicken sammiches are awesome.

Fire Me Boy!
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Their chicken sammiches are awesome.

They got nuthin' on a fried peanut butter sammich. :harumph:

So far, I've withheld. But my stomach is growling because I had a cup of applesauce for lunch... and dammit, I'm hungry.

I will persevere, though.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2009, 02:08 PM

One of their chicken sandwiches is only 420 calories. Skip the fries, although a small is only 280.

teedubya
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Im on my second push to 200...

drinking lots of juices, green vibrance drinks... and flushing...

This is day three of the fast... however, I did just have a sandwich with "olive oil mayo", mustard, chipotle tabasco, FAT SLICES of tomato and onion on 12 grain bread.

It was absolutely delicious. I need to get some cucumbers though.

Hammock Parties
07-20-2009, 04:45 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=898532

This thread rules. All the former fat guys talk about getting thin and getting girls. Inspiring.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm lighter than I've been since I was 17-18 years old. I weighed in at 324 today. My previous low was 326. Life is good.

Nzoner
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM

Great job Doug!

Nzoner
07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm lighter than I've been since I was 17-18 years old. I weighed in at 324 today. My previous low was 326. Life is good.

:thumb:

Nzoner
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I just finished up 3 miles on the treadmill in 39 minutes,and down to 207 today.I'm leaving for Florida for some much needed R & R tomorrow and wasn't going to take my work-out clothes but now have them packed.I figure how often am I going to have a chance to take a nice walk/run along the beach.

teedubya
07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
My new daily diet is this.

Wake up:

1 cup of 100% cranberry juice filled to top of pint glass with water.

30m-1hr later Green Vibrance (http://www.vibranthealth.us/?p2=/modules/vibranthealth/products.jsp&category_id=86) - with Naked Green Juice (http://www.nakedjuice.com/) added for flavor

For LUNCH...

sandwich with "olive oil mayo", mustard, chipotle tabasco, FAT SLICES of tomato and onion on 12 grain bread maybe a slice of Jalapeno jack cheese...

Snack:

Apples with Cinnamon shook on it in a baggie... extra healthy

Maybe some triscuits if Im hungry some other time.

Fresh Lemon Juice with Cayenne Pepper & Maple Syrup - for metabolism burn and flush.

Dinner:

Salad::: dark green leafs w/ tomato / onion / green pepper / broccoli / flax seed / cayenne pepper / paprika / and my Dorothy Lynch dressing.

Late Night:::

hot tea with Senna Leaf for bowel movements... affectionately called "Shit Tea"

I've had this diet that last 2 days... and a flush the first 2 days... Dropped 6 lbs...

I should have started this in May and i would have won this thing! heh.

Manila-Chief
07-22-2009, 10:13 AM

Congrats!!! Now ... just like to encourage you to keep it going this time!!!! You can do it.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
:thumb:

Congrats!!! Now ... just like to encourage you to keep it going this time!!!! You can do it.

Thanks guys. I assure you, I'll never quit this again.

Simplex3
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
...I figure how often am I going to have a chance to take a nice walk/run along the beach.

Running in sand was significantly harder than I thought it would be, one of the biggest reasons was that you are constantly running on a slope. You should get a great workout.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I just finished up 3 miles on the treadmill in 39 minutes,and down to 207 today.I'm leaving for Florida for some much needed R & R tomorrow and wasn't going to take my work-out clothes but now have them packed.I figure how often am I going to have a chance to take a nice walk/run along the beach.
No way! I'm sitting on the beach drinking and swimming is my only exercise.

angelo
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys. I assure you, I'll never quit this again.

Floppy
that's great.

June and early July were tough. I caught pneumonia and could not exercise as much.

I have rebounded and am losing again. Last weigh in was 308.

Ang

luv
07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't get it. I'm doing what I was, but I've gained 5 lbs.

The Franchise
07-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Muscle?

luv
07-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Muscle?

At 200+ lbs? I'm not into building muscle yet. Too much flab to lose.

Hammock Parties
07-22-2009, 12:32 PM

It's pretty clear to me you need to start doing serious weight training.

How to lose fat for Noobs
<hr style="color: rgb(217, 217, 217); background-color: rgb(217, 217, 217);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I originally posted this in the nutrition forum, but it probably belongs here. You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed. There's really not much more to it. http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
It's pretty clear to me you need to start doing serious weight training.

How to lose fat for Noobs

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(217,217,217); BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(217,217,217)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I originally posted this in the nutrition forum, but it probably belongs here. You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed. There's really not much more to it. http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
1g protein/ lb per week?

Hammock Parties
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
1g protein/ lb per week?

Per day.

Remember it's LEAN body mass...not total body mass.

Manila-Chief
07-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Floppy
that's great.

June and early July were tough. I caught pneumonia and could not exercise as much.

Ang

All that needs to be said is ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

It happens! I don't understand it but it does happen. I understand plateau ... but, not actually gaining ... it does happen. So, hang in there, young lady. You'll lose. Keep that slim trim image of yourself in mind and you'll do fine.

I'm not an expert but it does seem to me that your "power walking" will enable you to lose the weight you need. Weight training will probably help, but your exercise is important.

BigRedChief
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Gained 4 lbs this week. No change or cheating. WTF? All I did different was walk the dog. Did I gain weight just thinking about the cruise food?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Floppy
that's great.

Ang

Dude!!! You're almost under 3 bills? You have to feel like a million bucks. Congrats!! I've lost 6lbs in 6 days. I hope I can keep that up for a month or 4. Fat chance....

Frosty
07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Did I gain weight just thinking about the cruise food?

Maybe. From a different forum I'm on:

Since Pavlov's famous dog experiments, scientists know that the smell, sight, or even thought of food will induce a cascade of physiological reactions. These include secretion of saliva, gastric juices, and insulin. (Suprise!) By the 1970s, the cephalic reflexes were studied in many animals. Jacques Le Magnen's student Stylianos Nicolaidis demonstrated that rats will secrete insulin in response to the mere taste of a sweet substance regardless if sugar is present or not.

The perceived taste of sweetness is sufficient to stimulate insulin just as Pavlov demonstrated with his dogs who secreted insulin and salivated at the sound of a bell they learned to associate with eating.

This insulin secretion clears the bloodstream of all blood sugar, fatty acids, nutrients, etc. The thought of eating makes us hungry because the insulin depletes the bloodstream of fuel that the peripheral tissues and organs need to survive. This is the drive to eat.

This also creates what Purdue University psychologist Terry Powley termed the "self-perpetuating situation" or a "vicious cycle." Rather than secreting enough insulin and digestive enzymes appropriate to utilize the ingested food, the person hypersecretes and must then ingest enough calories to balance the hormonal and metabolic adjustments. This is hyperinsulinemia.

Therefore, it is incumbent upon us trying to zero-in on our health, to lose the "urge for the sweet."

More than likely, though, it's water weight from something.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 10:00 AM
More than likely, though, it's water weight from something.

This.

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Per day.

Remember it's LEAN body mass...not total body mass.

Do you know how hard that is for the average dieter? Ever tried eating 220 grams of protien per day? Tough as shit.

angelo
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Do you know how hard that is for the average dieter? Ever tried eating 220 grams of protien per day? Tough as shit.

I have to say that if you are exercising regularly in any way you should increase your protein intake.

I recently changed to this for breakfast and it is helping me lose weight.

1 cup frozen berries partially thawed (I prefer wild blueberries)
6oz low fat plain kefir (pourable yogurt with probiotics)
2 T soy and whey protein powder (vanilla flavor)

I drink one every day after I swim.

I swim every morning 1 mile to 1 1/2 miles (alternating days) in 1 hr.

I will be adding weights next week.

I encourage everyone to get some form of exercise every day.

Good Luck

Ang

BigRedChief
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I have to say that if you are exercising regularly in any way you should increase your protein intake.

I recently changed to this for breakfast and it is helping me lose weight.

1 cup frozen berries partially thawed (I prefer wild blueberries)
6oz low fat plain kefir (pourable yogurt with probiotics)
2 T soy and whey protein powder (vanilla flavor)

I drink one every day after I swim.

I swim every morning 1 mile to 1 1/2 miles (alternating days) in 1 hr.

I will be adding weights next week.

I encourage everyone to get some form of exercise every day.

Good Luck

Ang
Yeah, when I get back from the cruise I'm adding regular exercise to the weight loss regiment.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, when I get back from the cruise I'm adding regular exercise to the weight loss regiment.

:clap:

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
On a side note.....I'm jumping back into this thing again.

I got sidetracked the last time because of just being way to busy to try and put a 100% into it. Now that school is coming to an end and the wedding/honeymoon are over....I'm going to go back to what I did in the AF....working out 5 days a week and eating healthier.

I ate some damn good food on my honeymoon...but I'm paying for it now. I think I'm up to around 225.