PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why are so many Chiefs fans against drafting a 1st round QB?

Pages : 1 [2]

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish.

Or Retard.

LMAO:LOL:

You're calling Orakpo a legit number three, but everybody else is full of shit. ROFL

:doh!:LMAO:LOL:

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Consistency. He's started only one season. He's either a fluke or the real thing, you dont know for sure. Leadership maybe. Yes he has the talent, but still, his one year thing is just outstanding to me. To think that people would want to draft him 3rd despite only seeing him one year is amazing.

How could he not be the real thing? 34 TD's 10 INT's. Number one ranked high school recruit. Accurate, athletic, mobile, played in a Pro-Style offense.

What MORE could you want? For him to stay at USC for another year risk injury?

What kind of nonsense is that?

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Orakpo or Johnson? You bitch about Sanchez not being consistent and you want these two DEs at the #3 position? ROFLROFLROFL

And trading down to the 12-18 range? You do realize that it would take a teams entire draft to move up to the 3 spot from there?

:rolleyes: Good job with the request though.

I'm not going to pretend to be a GM. Teams dont have to stick to the draft chart. But oh well. But to say Sanchez deserves the #3 pick is ludicrous. Like I said before, I won't be mad if he's picked, but I hope the Chiefs can somehow find a good solution to it.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Consistency. He's started only one season. He's either a fluke or the real thing, you dont know for sure. Leadership maybe. Yes he has the talent, but still, his one year thing is just outstanding to me. To think that people would want to draft him 3rd despite only seeing him one year is amazing.

The underlined obviates all other concerns. The supreme trump card.

It's the equivalent of a man pulling the "you've licked my balls" card.

Her: "You're such a worthless sack of fucking..."

Man (interrupting): "You've licked my balls."

Argument over.

He has the talent. End of story. That's why he justifies the selection.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
No, but he would address a need at 3 more than Sanchez. Both are reaches, so in the case of reaches, you look for need and we need a DE more than we need a QB. WE HAD THE LOWEST NUMBER OF SACKS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL PEOPLE!!!!

The Arm Chair GM's mantra.

DRAFT FOR NEED!

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to pretend to be a GM.

Whew!

You had all FOOLED!

-King-
How could he not be the real thing? 34 TD's 10 INT's. Number one ranked high school recruit. Accurate, athletic, mobile, played in a Pro-Style offense.

What MORE could you want? For him to stay at USC for another year and possibly be injured. What kind of nonsense is that?

Um, JD booty had 29 TDs and 9 picks out of his first full season. Leinart had 33 TDs and 6 picks his first full season. Both are the real things huh?

-King-
Whew!

You had all FOOLED!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
The underlined obviates all other concerns. The supreme trump card.

It's the equivalent of a man pulling the "you've licked my balls" card.

Her: "You're such a worthless sack of fucking..."

Man (interrupting): "You've licked my balls."

Argument over.

He has the talent. End of story. That's why he justifies the selection.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Um, JD booty had 29 TDs and 9 picks out of his first full season. Leinart had 33 TDs and 6 picks his first full season. Both are the real things huh?

Leinart, yes.

Booty? It's hard to say, isn't it?

Sanchez? MAJOR talent, MAJOR potential.

So much talent and potential that you'd be a FOOL to pass on him.

Got it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Leinart, yes.

Got it?

Sadly, I'm going to speculate "no". :cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Sadly, I'm going to speculate "no". :cuss:

Pretty fair assumption.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Leinart, yes.

Got it?

Why?

Leinart is a back up. A top 10 pick being a backup his 2nd year should not happen.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Why?

Leinart is a back up. A top 10 pick being a backup his 2nd year should not happen.

Leinart was drafted by the previous head coach to fit that coaches offensive style, new coach comes in with a different system. He doesnt fit it. How hard is that to understand?

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Why?

It's not like he's sitting behind Tyler Thigpen, you fuckstick.

He's playing behind a future HOFer, who happens to run the system that Whisenhunt installed AFTER Leinart was drafted better. Leinart isn't suited to run this system, he's a WCO QB.

Feel free to blatantly ignore this information, just like you have the other 10 times it's been mentioned in the past hour.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Why?

:spock:

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
It's not like he's sitting behind Tyler Thigpen, you ****stick.

He's playing behind a future HOFer, who happens to run the system that Whisenhunt installed AFTER Leinart was drafted better. Leinart isn't suited to run this system, he's a WCO QB.

Feel free to blatantly ignore this information, just like you have the other 10 times it's been mentioned in the past hour.

Why are you making excuses? So you're saying Leinart is a guy who cant learn in 2 years. He couldnt learn the offense from the bench and atleast play well? And why cant he play in that system? He has the arm strength. And it's not even like its the Rodgers/Favre scenario. Leinart was actually given a chance to start. He showed he couldn't do it. His first year in that same offense he is destined for (WC) the glory offense of his, he had 12 picks 11 TDs. Why I thought he would light up the west coast offense. Why wasnt he lighting it up then?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Why are you making excuses? So you're saying Leinart is a guy who cant learn in 2 years. He couldnt learn the offense from the bench and atleast play well? And why cant he play in that system? He has the arm strength. And it's not even like its the Rodgers/Favre scenario. Leinart was actually given a chance to start. He showed he couldn't do it. His first year in that same offense he is destined for (WC) the glory offense of his, he had 12 picks 11 TDs. Why I thought he would light up the west coast offense. Why wasnt he lighting it up then?

What the fuck is your problem, Dude?

Are you just bashing USC QB's in general or are you just a fucking moron of epic proportions?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Either way, you're a dipshit.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Dear God.

I don't think you could make anymore false assumptions about my post if you tried.

You obviously have no intention of talking football, reading and comprehending other people's posts or using what little common sense you were given.

So I'm done with your game. Enjoy looking like a retard, that might be the one thing in life you've mastered.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Huh? I dont get it. You guys said Leinart was a pro in the WC offense. Then when I post his stats in the WC offense, you say it's bullshit.

And Dane, I'm not really bashing anyone, just saying that the last few USC offensive draftees havent been that great.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Dear God.

I don't think you could make anymore false assumptions about my post if you tried.

You obviously have no intention of talking football, reading and comprehending other people's posts or using what little common sense you were given.

So I'm done with your game. Enjoy looking like a retard, that might be the one thing in life you've mastered.

This.

KcKingTard doesn't warrant my time.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry for offending you guys. Especially Dane. On the Warpath, atleast you posted why you'd like Sanchez at 3. Dane is just nuthugging you guys and cosigning what you guys say. He probably didnt watch ONE USC game last year.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
So you bring up his rookie stats and he is suppose to light it up his first year? That is one of the rarest things ever is to light it up as a rookie QB in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry for offending you guys. Especially Dane. On the Warpath, atleast you posted why you'd like Sanchez at 3. Dane is just nuthugging you guys and cosigning what you guys say. He probably didnt watch ONE USC game last year.

Dude, just stop, okay?

In case you hadn't noticed, I LIVE in Los Angeles. USC is on in PRIME TIME nearly every weekend. A few of my friends are MAJOR USC boosters.

So take a chill pill and try to learn from the people posting here, okay?

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I haven't learned anything from you. I think that he's not worth the 3rd pick. Calm down. Atleast other people tried to present facts, you didnt. You just cosigned other posts for the most parts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM

Just stop. Just fucking stop. Just because Dane or ANY of us get tired having this same fucking conversation every week with another n00b, does NOT mean we are riding someones arguments, or that we haven't watched Sanchez play.

It's you. All you. Some of us have patience, some of us don't.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
So you bring up his rookie stats and he is suppose to light it up his first year? That is one of the rarest things ever is to light it up as a rookie QB in the NFL.

What about his 2nd and 3rd? :doh!:

And I thought you guys are saying Sanchez would be an immediate upgrade? So it would take a couple years for him to light it up? He cant be our Matt Ryan or Flacco?

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Just stop. Just ****ing stop. Just because Dane or ANY of us get tired having this same ****ing conversation every week with another n00b, does NOT mean we are riding someones arguments, or that we haven't watched Sanchez play.

Hell we convinced you. :D

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Just stop. Just ****ing stop. Just because Dane or ANY of us get tired having this same ****ing conversation every week with another n00b, does NOT mean we are riding someones arguments, or that we haven't watched Sanchez play.

Ok, then if you're tired of having the same conversation...then dont click on the thread. As simple as that.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok, then if you're tired of having the same conversation...then dont click on the thread. As simple as that.

And wouldn't make a damn bit of difference because apparently, you enjoy talking to yourself.

Have at it, KingTard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM

Hey, keep on keeping on!

Perhaps you have the stamina to keep going after the 4th or 5th time explaining this shit to same party; I don't.:doh!:

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Im not anti-sanchez, Im just saying that if he isnt worth the 3rd pick and 70+ mil right NOW. I'd be more convinced if he had started more in college. That said, if Pioli thought he was worthy, I'd have no problem.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
And wouldn't make a damn bit of difference because apparently, you enjoy talking to yourself.

Have at it, KingTard.

How am I talking to myself. Im talking to you and unless you're too stupid to realize it, you're replying.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Im not anti-sanchez, Im just saying that if he isnt worth the 3rd pick and 70+ mil right NOW. I'd be more convinced if he had started more in college. That said, if Pioli thought he was worthy, I'd have no problem.

Well I'm glad it only took us 100+posts to reach this spectacular moment of consent.

Fuck me...

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
What about his 2nd and 3rd? :doh!:

And I thought you guys are saying Sanchez would be an immediate upgrade? So it would take a couple years for him to light it up? He cant be our Matt Ryan or Flacco?

They switched freaking offenses that didnt fit his style. He is a short range passer in the WCO who doesnt have the arm for Arizona's offense. Not to mention he wasnt Wisenhut's pick so he doesnt give a rats ass about him.

Now to Sanchez, no I dont expect what Ryan or Flacco did this year. Chiefs are going to suck balls next year. The Ravens were not a shitty team, their problem was McNair went down and they went down. The year before they went 13-3. Ryan is a special case, but if you look at the history of the NFC South - the loser team bounces back the next season. I fully expect a shitty first year out of Sanchez, probably wont even see the field till the middle of the season. But in years 2 and beyond the improvement is there. The Chiefs arent building for 2009, they are building for muliptle Super Bowl runs from 2011 and beyond.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
How am I talking to myself. Im talking to you and unless you're too stupid to realize it, you're replying.

If you want to know how I feel about Sanchez in detail (without me having to repeat it in each and every thread), do a search.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Who would start for the team if Sanchez doesnt start until mid season?

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
If you want to know how I feel about Sanchez in detail (without me having to repeat it in each and every thread), do a search.

Nah. Thanks though. :D

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Nah. Thanks though. :D

Then you owe me an apology for accusing me of just "riding coattails" in this thread.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Nah, thanks though. Seriously, if I had seen you posting more evidence, I would have credited you. But only thing I remember of you is the

SERIOUSLY...CANT..BREATH...

stuff.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Nah. I like neg rep. :D

FYP.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Nah, thanks though. Seriously, if I had seen you posting more evidence, I would have credited you. But only thing I remember of you is the

SERIOUSLY...CANT..BREATH...

stuff.

That's because...

Well, it should be self-explanatory.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
God these fucking n00bs are getting out of control.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, oh well, our views dont matter any way. We can keep discussing this all day and night and never know till April.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
God these ****ing n00bs are getting out of control.

Sorry to hurt your feelings LMAO! Why are you so mad? If you felt I was making a stupid point, you should have exited the thread. I know you would love getting a Dirty Sanchez, but I wouldnt. Sorry for that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
God these fucking n00bs are getting out of control.

Time for a Rep-Down.

CanadaKC
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Cassel and Curry...how does that sound Dane and Brock?:D

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 07:16 PM

Like this:

:Lin:

the Talking Can
02-05-2009, 07:24 PM

like being raped by an alpaca....

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Sounds like something Carl Peterson would do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Sounds like something Carl Peterson would do.

WINNER!ROFL

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2009, 08:00 PM

I can agree with that, but this is also exactly why I don't understand why there are so many people so convinced that Cassell or Thigpen are not the answer.

I can understand not wanting to bank your future on them--I have been on board that the Chiefs need to bring in a QB to compete. I just can't get over how many fans are outright convinced that these guys have reached their peak after their first 16 starts as a pro.

SAUTO
02-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I can agree with that, but this is also exactly why I don't understand why there are so many people so convinced that Cassell or Thigpen are not the answer.

I can understand not wanting to bank your future on them--I have been on board that the Chiefs need to bring in a QB to compete. I just can't get over how many fans are outright convinced that these guys have reached their peak after their first 16 starts as a pro.

mind-bottling isnt it

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Yup. We hear a lot of talk about how Cassell benefitted off of a great starting cast, but will never explain why Leinart couldn't do the same with Fitzgerald and Boldin or you will never hear people attribute Carson Palmer's success to having Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh to throw to. Or how about Big Ben in his rookie season having a younger Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress to throw to?

And now we hear people saying we can't judge Leinart's career just yet, even though so many have already written the book on Thigpen and Cassell already.

It just fascinates me that an exception can be made for one and not the other. My take is that these are all young QBs and they all have upside. But as of right now, Thigpen and Cassell are a step ahead of Leinart. That's true for anyone who can judge a player by more than just draft status.

Manila-Chief
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM

And people bag on Sanchez coz he only started 1 year in college ... yet, Cassel has not started any in college and only one year in the pros. ... go figure!!!

What's all this ... "he would be a reach at that spot" ... Tom Brady was selected in the 6th. round. Had he been taken at #1 ... there is a bunch of you who would have said that's a reach ... should have waited to the 7th. round. If the personnel department determines a guy is worthy ... who cares what the talking heads have to say.

-King-
02-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Yup. We hear a lot of talk about how Cassell benefitted off of a great starting cast, but will never explain why Leinart couldn't do the same with Fitzgerald and Boldin or you will never hear people attribute Carson Palmer's success to having Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh to throw to. Or how about Big Ben in his rookie season having a younger Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress to throw to?

And now we hear people saying we can't judge Leinart's career just yet, even though so many have already written the book on Thigpen and Cassell already.

It just fascinates me that an exception can be made for one and not the other. My take is that these are all young QBs and they all have upside. But as of right now, Thigpen and Cassell are a step ahead of Leinart. That's true for anyone who can judge a player by more than just draft status.

True.

-King-
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
LMFAO! I didnt know you could get negative rep just for stating your opinion. Why are you guys acting like such bitches. Acting like WPI mods. I understand your fascination with getting a dirty sanchez, but DAMN! Why are so many Chiefs... 02-05-2009 06:03 PM pestilenceaf23 Go back to WPI
Why are so many Chiefs... 02-05-2009 05:51 PM Darth CarlSatan Improve or leave.
Why are so many Chiefs... 02-05-2009 05:08 PM ChiefsCountry You just dont get it
Why are so many Chiefs... 02-05-2009 03:05 PM Crush Wrong

Mecca
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
this turned rather mind numbing...

By the way if you want to bag on SC players in the NFL then turn around and want to draft a Texas player, I'm going to die laughing at you..if there was one school I'd tell you to avoid it's Texas.

Every single year no matter who it is, there will be a portion of this fan base that won't think they are worth the pick.

Plus if you guys look around at other Chiefs forums, none of them want a QB, they all want shit like Crabtree or Curry and in polls Thigpen leads in the QB they want to start at about a 95% clip, it's laughable but true.

That is what we are dealing with.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
LMFAO! I didnt know you could get negative rep just for stating your opinion. Why are you guys acting like such bitches. Acting like WPI mods. I understand your fascination with getting a dirty sanchez, but DAMN!

Dude, a little piece of friendly advice: Don't complain about negative rep.

It only gets worse from there.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
this turned rather mind numbing...

I think this is going to be the theme of Chiefsplanet until after the draft.

bevis369
02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
There is not a qb that is worth a 3rd pick n the 1st round this year is why..... Makes too much sense... Like smoking meth or crack...

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
LMFAO! I didnt know you could get negative rep just for stating your opinion. Why are you guys acting like such bitches. Acting like WPI mods. I understand your fascination with getting a dirty sanchez, but DAMN!

You have a bad attitude. Neg rep.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
The dipshit is strong with this one.

Whoever posted that, especially the remarks about Zac Robinson and Jevan Snead being better than Sanchez should be shot in the head so they can't reproduce, that kind of stupid is dangerous.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM

You're lucky it's not me...I'd suspend you for having a dumb illogical not well thought out take like this...and if you did it again I'd ban you.

I have no patience for the dumbass side of this fan base.

milkman
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm and idiot leave me alone. But I'd still rather have McCoy over Sanchez or Stafford.

1. McCoy
2. Stafford
3. Sanchez

You simply don't get it.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
You simply don't get it.

Big 12 spread monkey...alot of people on this forum haven't figured out that it's probably best to avoid Big 12 offensive players especially QB's since every god damn team in the conference runs the spread.

Just for the sake of trying to educate him...Mark Sanchez as a 1 year starter is more NFL ready than any QB in the Big 12 that played for 4 years...know why? He can actually properly drop back and read the defense from under center, he's doing now what NFL teams will ask him to do where the Big 12 QB's arent, got it?

And don't give me stats the spread inflates stats especially completely % look no further than Colt McCoy to prove that.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM

Was DCS originally part of the anti-QB crew? No...? Can't be...

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Big 12 spread monkey...alot of people on this forum haven't figured out that it's probably best to avoid Big 12 offensive players especially QB's since every god damn team in the conference runs the spread.

Just for the sake of trying to educate him...Mark Sanchez as a 1 year starter is more NFL ready than any QB in the Big 12 that played for 4 years...know why? He can actually properly drop back and read the defense from under center, he's doing now what NFL teams will ask him to do where the Big 12 QB's arent, got it?

And don't give me stats the spread inflates stats especially completely % look no further than Colt McCoy to prove that.

I think it should be Big 12 spread eagle, not monkey.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM

If we draft a QB at #3 spot? Will you promise to leave this board forever?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Was DCS originally part of the anti-QB crew? No...? Can't be...

I was a "give Thiggy a line / build the defense" acolyte.

For shame...:sulk:

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM
If we draft a QB at #3 spot? Will you promise to leave this board forever?

I don't have a problem with drafting a QB at #3. I just think it's comical the lengths people will go to discredit anything positive guys like Cassell or Thigpen did, or that people are so 100% sure that Sanchez will be a top 5 pick.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't have a problem with drafting a QB at #3. I just think it's comical the lengths people will go to discredit anything positive guys like Cassell or Thigpen did.

Just like I think it's comical that people will go to any lengths to discredit Stafford and Sanchez.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't have a problem with drafting a QB at #3. I just think it's comical the lengths people will go to discredit anything positive guys like Cassell or Thigpen did, or that people are so 100% sure that Sanchez will be a top 5 pick.

I think anyone who thinks you can be a contender with Tyler Thigpen is comical.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Just like I think it's comical that people will go to any lengths to discredit Stafford and Sanchez.

What I can't stand is when the radio flunkies peddle that shit to the casual and uninformed fans. They make shit up and lie like a motherfucker.

NUT-HOOKS!:cuss:

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I think anyone who thinks you can be a contender with Tyler Thigpen is comical.

Because of what he did after about a half season of NFL starts?

Not many people are saying he can lead a contender. I just think it's comical that people are so sure after 8 games that he can't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Kill yourself.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Because of what he did after about a half season of NFL starts?

Not many people are saying he can lead a contender. I just think it's comical that people are so sure after 8 games that he can't.

You don't build your team around an inaccurate short spread monkey QB who showed without a shadow of a doubt he can not play from the center.

Guys who were drafted in the top 10 with 10 times the talent Thigpen has couldn't do it and failed yet I'm suppose to believe he can right...just like I'm gonna win the powerball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Kill yourself.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"The Ballad of Kill Yourself/Hamas":

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll
Hamas went down to the piss-elm tree,
To cut a switch for this n00bie,
Beat his ass, and kicked him 'round,
And said "Now get the fuck out of my townnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn".

Yee Haw!ROFL