PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Glazer: Haley new HC!!

Pages : [1] 2

KC4EVER
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9187366/Sources:-Chiefs-offer-job-to-Cards'-offensive-boss

The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach has just about come to a close.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

"He's going to be a big loss for us," another Cards player told FOXSports.com.

A different Cardinals player said, "He was really liked in the locker room, because we felt like he was always trying to figure something out for us for Sundays. He never stopped."

Haley called the plays for the high-flying Cardinals offense that shocked the world by not only getting to the Super Bowl, but nearly winning it last Sunday.

Sorry if repost!

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Thread title not exactly accurate.

Best to change it.

stlchiefs
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/9187366/Sources:-Chiefs-offer-job-to-Cards'-offensive-boss

The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach is finally coming to a close.

Must-read:Whitlock: The lesson of Michael Phelps
Scout.com: Top 25 recruiting classes
Must-see:Becker: New evidence hurts Bonds

Marvez: Oakland goes with Cable

View more videos >>Top headlines:76ers' Brand to miss rest of season
Patriots put franchise tag on Cassel
Bonds pleads not guilty to lying
All of today's top stories >>Worth a thousand words:Steelers' Super Bowl parade shots
Photos from Super Bowl XLIII
Aussie Open men's final
Snapshots from UFC 94
View more photos >>FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs have offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

A different Cardinals player said, "He was really liked in the locker room, because we felt like he was always trying to figure something out for us for Sundays. He never stopped."

Haley called the plays for the high-flying Cardinals offense that shocked the world by not only getting to the Super Bowl, but nearly winning it last Sunday.

Sorry if repost!

Nick is that you?

milkman
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
So does this mean that the deal is done?

KC4EVER
Thread title not exactly accurate.

Best to change it.

Right, sorry they offered him the job, but come on do you think he'd turn it down?

cdcox
Ban Him!

REPOST.

OHH NOOOOES!!!!!!!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Print 'em

OK gang

THE DEAL IS DONE

etc

etc

Thread over.

dirk digler
If Glazer reports it then it is true

SenselessChiefsFan
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach is finally coming to a close.

Must-read:Whitlock: The lesson of Michael Phelps
Scout.com: Top 25 recruiting classes
Must-see:Becker: New evidence hurts Bonds

Marvez: Oakland goes with Cable

View more videos >>Top headlines:76ers' Brand to miss rest of season
Patriots put franchise tag on Cassel
Bonds pleads not guilty to lying
All of today's top stories >>Worth a thousand words:Steelers' Super Bowl parade shots
Photos from Super Bowl XLIII
Aussie Open men's final
Snapshots from UFC 94
View more photos >>FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs have offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Sorry if repost!

I didn't see confirmation of Haley definitely taking the Chiefs job. This is, by far, the most concrete evidence we have seen about him taking the Chiefs job, but, to say he is 'signed'..... um....maybe, but this article doesn't say that.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
This place is getting really stupid this offseason.

dirk digler
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
This place is getting really stupid this offseason.

What? It is always stupid where have you been?

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Nick is that you?

I'll bet Nick is laying low right about now.

KC4EVER
02-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I didn't see confirmation of Haley definitely taking the Chiefs job. This is, by far, the most concrete evidence we have seen about him taking the Chiefs job, but, to say he is 'signed'..... um....maybe, but this article doesn't say that.

I get it... I get it... I changed the title!

dirk digler
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll bet Nick is laying low right about now.

I am tired of talking about Nick and WPI

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Right, sorry they offered him the job, but come on do you think he'd turn it down?

It's a tough crowd around here, dude.

Roll in with a low post count and toss up a misleading thread title, and you'd need to throw a protective shield over your ass.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM

I bet your crying yourself to sleep at night over these changes... Gone are the days of mediocrity and hope for 9-7....

IF we draft a QB at #3, will you promise to leave forever?

milkman
Must be true, cause the Chiefs private plane was spotted at the airport.

KC4EVER
But truly, who here wants a coach who gets tounge lashed by his players because they don't respect him? I dunno about him but I guess I'll wait and see!

Simply Red
Ban Him!

REPOST.

OHH NOOOOES!!!!!!!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Print 'em

OK gang

THE DEAL IS DONE

etc

etc

Thread over.

I'm afraid I already blew my 'rep' load, or I would've busted it all over this post.

wait...

Uncle?

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I am tired of talking about Nick and WPI

So don't talk about them.

FAX
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Hail Haley!!

FAX

dirk digler
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
So don't talk about them.

I am trying not to.

DeezNutz
Assuming this is true, would it be possible for a mod to block any attempt to start a "Trade for Boldin" thread?

Thanks in advance.

KC4EVER
It's a tough crowd around here, dude.

Roll in with a low post count and toss up a misleading thread title, and you'd need to throw a protective shield over your ass.

Yeah been around a while but never really had much to say?

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah been around a while but never really had much to say?

Doesn't stop anyone else.

Don't hesitate.

Skip Towne
Assuming this is true, would it be possible for a mod to block any attempt to start a "Trade for Boldin" thread?

Thanks in advance.

I want Fitzgerald. And Big Ben.

Reerun_KC

Thanks in advance.

I am seriously wondering if the MODS shouldnt put a post count limit on... These goddammed n00b's (Thanks Skip) are getting really ****ing old with this gay ass shit evey day...

Fritz88
02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Todd Haley, hah..

It's either Pioli is a genius for spotting Todd or truly dumb because what we see of Todd is not that much. Only one year of calling the shots for the Cards. I'd give him credit for being able to rejuvenate E. James at some point.

Pasta Little Brioni
But truly, who here wants a coach who gets tounge lashed by his players because they don't respect him? I dunno about him but I guess I'll wait and see!

I think you are blowing things out of proportion just a tad.

Reerun_KC

You go Skip!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_77.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7920)

Manila-Chief
02-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I hope this is true. We need to get him to Arrowhead and get him busy helping build the team.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I hope this is true. We need to get him to Arrowhead and get him busy helping build the team.

:clap:

Fritz88
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM
gay ass shit...

I wonder what that looks like.

Trade for Bald.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Threads about completely unavailable players are completely fair game.

I am seriously wondering if the MODS shouldnt put a post count limit on... These goddammed n00b's (Thanks Skip) are getting really ****ing old with this gay ass shit evey day...

It would be awesome if there could be an automatic filter, similar to the junk email filter.

Certain True Fanisms send the post right into the ChiefsPlanet privy.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I told you guys
THE DEAL IS DONE!!!!!

FAX
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
There once was an HC named Haley
And an OC by name of Chan Gailey
They quickly restored
An offense that scored
Quick! Somebody break out the dad gummed ukulele!!

FAX

KC4EVER
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I think you are blowing things out of proportion just a tad.

To come out and say they "don't respect him" may be strong, but at the same time I just don't like seeing players screaming at the coach, to me it shows very little respect.

1ChiefsDan
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
They quickly restored
An offense that scored

FAXDidn't we have a GM force a coordinator on our last HC?

That didn't work out so well.

The Bad Guy
Todd Haley, hah..

It's either Pioli is a genius for spotting Todd or truly dumb because what we see of Todd is not that much. Only one year of calling the shots for the Cards. I'd give him credit for being able to rejuvenate E. James at some point.

What a fucking lame ass argument this is.

The guy has been around some of the best minds in the entire NFL. I don't give a shit if he called plays for one year or one game, you don't have to call plays in order to be a great head coach.

By your theory, Tony Sparano and Jim Harbaugh should have never been given a shot because they didn't have experience "calling the shots".

I also don't care that he got into a shouting match with Boldin. I think we've had too many head coaches around here to baby players and back down from them when push came to shove.

I think Haley is a very good choice.

Now on to the coordinators.

EyePod
Todd Haley, hah..

He didn't rejuvenate him. He didn't use him for over half the year, and James had fresh legs. That is all.

The Bad Guy
They quickly restored
An offense that scored

FAX

You kick ass on so many levels.

Fritz88
I found this. The title was kind of catchy.
Arizona Cardinals Forums

Todd Haley prayer thread (http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=40254)

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm not too concerned about the new head coach because Pioli will make the personnel decisions.

FAX
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Didn't we have a GM force a coordinator on our last HC?

That didn't work out so well.

Excellent point, Mr. denverdanchiefsfan. Excellent point.

FAX

DeezNutz
To come out and say they "don't respect him" may be strong, but at the same time I just don't like seeing players screaming at the coach, to me it shows very little respect.

I understand your point, and there's some truth to it.

But this crap happens all the time, to even the most respected coaches. Tuna, for example.

There have been some eyebrow raising stories come out about Haley's temper, for sure, but the most positive thing I can say right now is that he's not Herm.

FloridaMan88
I won't believe it until the Wargarbage Illustrated staff reports "Todd Haley will not coach the Chiefs"

Manila-Chief
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
What a ****ing lame ass argument this is.

The guy has been around some of the best minds in the entire NFL. I don't give a shit if he called plays for one year or one game, you don't have to call plays in order to be a great head coach.

By your theory, Tony Sparano and Jim Harbaugh should have never been given a shot because they didn't have experience "calling the shots".

I also don't care that he got into a shouting match with Boldin. I think we've had too many head coaches around here to baby players and back down from them when push came to shove.

FAX
Ok. Now the offense is taken care of. What about the defense? Who is the most kick-ass defensive coordinator available in the whole, entire world?

FAX

DeezNutz
Shanahan!!! Shanahan!!!! Mike?!?

Where are you?!?

Skip Towne
Threads about completely unavailable players are completely fair game.

It would be awesome if there could be an automatic filter, similar to the junk email filter.

Certain True Fanisms send the post right into the ChiefsPlanet privy.
And Polamalu.

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Haley under no circumstances should keep Chan Gailey as his OC.

Gailey as OC likely equals Thigpen. I enjoyed how creative Chan was last year, but the circus bullshit is over.

DeezNutz
Ok. Now the offense is taken care of. What about the defense? Who is the most kick-ass defensive coordinator available in the whole, entire world?

FAX

He's dabbling in Juliet right now.

Pasta Little Brioni

FAX

Romeo Crennel?? If he decides to coach this year of course. I think he's getting surgery or something.

The Bad Guy

FAX

I would imagine Romeo Crennell.

I'd personally like Sean McDermott from the Eagles though.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:29 PM

FAX

Crennel?

DeezNutz
And Polamalu.

Pass rusher, Skip. Stay focused.

Get that guy in Indianapolis. And that other guy on offense up there that's pretty good.

FAX
Well, stab his cousin and get him in here.

FAX

FloridaMan88
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Todd Haley will consider my beloved Mike Martz and Al Saunders for his offensive coaching staff. Yes some on this board hate that thought... but I strongly believe at least one, or possibly both will end up on the Chiefs offensive coaching staff

DeezNutz
Well, stab his cousin and get him in here.

FAX

Family troubles. Tough to contact.

Pasta Little Brioni
Pass rusher, Skip. Stay focused.

Get that guy in Indianapolis. And that other guy on offense up there that's pretty good.

Jared Allen FTW

KC4EVER
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM

FAX

Anyone know what kind of record Romeo Crennel had as a D coordinator? And what do you think of him?

Ebolapox
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM

wtf is a tounge? is it a lounge full of TONGUES?!?

is reggie tongue involved somehow?

KC4EVER
Crennel?

Damn it you beat me:cuss:

The Bad Guy
Todd Haley will consider my beloved Mike Martz and Al Saunders for his offensive coaching staff. Yes some on this board hate that thought... but I strongly believe at least one, or possibly both will end up on the Chiefs offensive coaching staff

With the personnel we have, Martz is not a good fit. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was hired, but I don't think he meshes well.

Saunders might come back, but I can't see it happening. I think Haley will want to bring someone he has a history with.

TinyEvel
Premium content?

SenselessChiefsFan
I bet your crying yourself to sleep at night over these changes... Gone are the days of mediocrity and hope for 9-7....

IF we draft a QB at #3, will you promise to leave forever?

I am happy to hear the Chiefs may actually hire someone in the near future. I am not 100% sold on Haley, but I trust Scott Pioli.

I am all for blasting through mediocrity. This team has a great group of young talent to build upon. They have had three good drafts, and Pioli should add to that.

I am fine with taking a QB, if Pioli decides to do that. But, Pioli drafted Brady in the sixth and Casel in the seventh. I am not 100% sure he is going to draft a QB #3 overall.

I hate the fact that it is February and we haven't put our staff together yet.

I am HOPEFUL, that Haley is comfortable with Gailey, and that he is comfortable with Romeo and the Chiefs can get him as the DC.

By the way, you are free to ignore my posts. I doubt I leave.

The Franchise
I would imagine Romeo Crennell.

I'd personally like Sean McDermott from the Eagles though.

I'd take McDermott as our DC.

DeezNutz
Anyone know what kind of record Romeo Crennel had as a D coordinator? And what do you think of him?

He ate the records when he left, but memory suggests they were ok.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Haley under no circumstances should keep Chan Gailey as his OC.

Gailey as OC likely equals Thigpen. I enjoyed how creative Chan was last year, but the circus bullshit is over.

Very good point!

The Franchise
I am happy to hear the Chiefs may actually hire someone in the near future. I am not 100% sold on Haley, but I trust Scott Pioli.

I am all for blasting through mediocrity. This team has a great group of young talent to build upon. They have had three good drafts, and Pioli should add to that.

I am fine with taking a QB, if Pioli decides to do that. But, Pioli drafted Brady in the sixth and Casel in the seventh. I am not 100% sure he is going to draft a QB #3 overall.

I am HOPEFUL, that Haley is comfortable with Gailey, and that he is comfortable with Romeo and the Chiefs can get him as the DC.

God I hate that argument. The shit is getting really old.

KC4EVER
He ate the records when he left, but memory suggests they were ok.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Damn it you beat me:cuss:

Hahaha, about 2 people beat me to it also...

Bugeater

FOX sports radio just said on their last update that he is now the coach of the Chiefs. No "maybe" or "he's been offered the job".

Reerun_KC

It is amazing that the True Fans hold this as hope. They act like they drafted both of those guys to build a franchise around, yet both only got to play because of forced injury....

The stupidity is strong with this one...:thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Yep, they had Bledsoe when they took Brady in the 6th, so it wasn't like they drafted him to be the man. Kind of lucked into him you can say and pretty much the same with Cassell. I think Pioli understands the value of the QB position and if he deems Stafford or Sanchez worthy he will pull the trigger no doubt about it.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:36 PM
With the personnel we have, Martz is not a good fit. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was hired, but I don't think he meshes well.

Saunders might come back, but I can't see it happening. I think Haley will want to bring someone he has a history with.

I don't want Martz anywhere near this franchise unless he's granted supervised visits with our newly drafted QB. Groom him, train him, educate him.

But someone would have to watch over Martz like he was ****ing Hannibal Lector.

I want no part.

Same thing with Saunders. With an air-tight ship, the last thing we need is to bring back someone who needs his ego stroked by the media.

Totally agree about Gailey. I think he's a good coach, but I don't want our new HC "saddled" with anyone.

milkman
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM

But....but.....Pioli can find a HoF QB in the 6th or 7th round every year.

We don't ever have to use a first round pick on a QB.

Yay!

The Bad Guy

Are you fucking moronic? 3 good drafts? If you think the first draft was good, then you are a true fanboy of the Herm way of doing things.

Hali is nothing more than an average DE, who has maxed out. Pollard is a glorified special teams player. So that leaves Jarrad Page, who is a decent player.

This team has had 1 very good draft, 1 decent draft (any draft with Turk McBride in the 2nd round can't be classified as good), and 1 pretty subpar draft.

The Franchise
It is amazing that the True Fans hold this as hope. They act like they drafted both of those guys to build a franchise around, yet both only got to play because of forced injury....

Go to WPI......this is what they say...and I quote.

"Pioli drafted Brady in the 6th and Castle (yes that Cassell) in the 7th. We should draft an OT in the 1st round and then draft a QB in the 5th-6th round. Pioli knows what he's doing."

:eek::spock:

EyePod

He also had Drew Bledsoe in his freaking prime. Bledsoe was an amazing QB, and he mentored Brady for a year. We have nothing like that.

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Haley has accepted the job.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:39 PM

Link?

SenselessChiefsFan

If it comes true, I willl look you up and give you your due.

But, I can't see it happening.

Look at the Chiefs WR corps. It doesn't fit what Saunder or Martz does. If you look at the routes that the Cards ran, it fits what they did.

I wanted to see Cowher or Shannahan here because I thought that Gailey did a nice job. Plus, the Chiefs prevented him from interviewing with the Bucs, and to fire him at this late date would damage the Chiefs reputation in the league.

So, I think Gailey is back with the team. I hope that he and Haley can work well together. But, I wish this had all happened sooner so that the Chiefs would have had their pick of coordinators.

chief4life
The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach has just about come to a close.

Must-read:

* Whitlock: The lesson of Michael Phelps
* Scout.com: Top 25 recruiting classes

Must-see:

* Becker: New evidence hurts Bonds
* Marvez: Oakland goes with Cable

View more videos >>
Top headlines:

* 76ers' Brand to miss rest of season
* Patriots put franchise tag on Cassel
* Bonds pleads not guilty to lying

All of today's top stories >>
Worth a thousand words:

* Steelers' Super Bowl parade shots
* Photos from Super Bowl XLIII
* Aussie Open men's final
* Snapshots from UFC 94

View more photos >>

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley called the plays for the high-flying Cardinals offense that shocked the world by not only getting to the Super Bowl, but nearly winning it last Sunday. ESPN also just announced this :clap:

EyePod
Are you ****ing moronic? 3 good drafts? If you think the first draft was good, then you are a true fanboy of the Herm way of doing things.

Hali is nothing more than an average DE, who has maxed out. Pollard is a glorified special teams player. So that leaves Jarrad Page, who is a decent player.

This team has had 1 very good draft, 1 decent draft (any draft with Turk McBride in the 2nd round can't be classified as good), and 1 pretty subpar draft.

Bernard Pollard played really well this year. I still don't get why everyone hates him this much. He needs to be used like ADRIAN WILSON... and I'm sure that Haley's seen him in practice once or twice...

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Link?

My source just informed me. (I still have people I can get info from time to time).

Now please pay me 109.99 for that premium info.

DeezNutz
New blood. Completely.

Unfuckingbelievable.

chief4life
Yeah i know repost

The Bad Guy
Bernard Pollard played really well this year. I still don't get why everyone hates him this much. He needs to be used like ADRIAN WILSON... and I'm sure that Haley's seen him in practice once or twice...

He had spurts where he played well, but he's not consistent enough.

DeezNutz
My source just informed me. (I still have people I can get info from time to time).

I just rounded up. Hope that's ok.

KC4EVER
02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
I'd take Gailey over Martz any day, there's a reason he can't stay employed longer than 2 years at a time anymore!

The Bad Guy
I just rounded up. Hope that's ok.

Thank you for the donation.

SPchief
THE DEEL IS DUNN!

Manila-Chief
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM

Yep, if they knew Brady was so good, why wasn't he starting earlier. Also, they draft a QB almost every year, how many of those have reached the pro-bowl? If there is a QBOTF at #3 ... take him. He will be a surer shot to be good than a 6th. round pick.

SenselessChiefsFan
He also had Drew Bledsoe in his freaking prime. Bledsoe was an amazing QB, and he mentored Brady for a year. We have nothing like that.

Didn't say he wouldn't draft a QB... just said not sold he WILL draft a QB.

QB is perhaps the biggest hit or miss position in the first round. I have no problem drafting a QB, but to force the issue is not smart.

I would probably prefer Crabtree, but I am more of a draft BPA. And, I think Crabtree is the best player in the draft. Drafting Fitzgerald at #3 worked pretty well for the Cards.

cdcox

We'll let Gailey twist in the wind for 3 weeks before cutting him loose.

Then, the NFL will prohibit any major personnel announcements during the week of the combine.

Then we'll sign the last person who hasn't said they are not interested in the job.

Then we'll turn our attention to DC.

We should have our staff in place before training camp.

Every one's head will explode.

No one will be left to watch the Chiefs win SB XLIV

Reerun_KC

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_44.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

Ok PM the address and I will send the check... :cuss:

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7923)

BigRock
02-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I won't believe it until the Wargarbage Illustrated staff reports "Todd Haley will not coach the Chiefs"

Nick has already said that several times.

The Bad Guy
Didn't say he wouldn't draft a QB... just said not sold he WILL draft a QB.

QB is perhaps the biggest hit or miss position in the first round. I have no problem drafting a QB, but to force the issue is not smart.

I would probably prefer Crabtree, but I am more of a draft BPA. And, I think Crabtree is the best player in the draft. Drafting Fitzgerald at #3 worked pretty well for the Cards.

If you are sensible, then gochiefs is Lexington Steele.

Fitzgerald is NOTHING like Crabtree. Fitzgerald has better hands, runs 100x better routes, and didn't play in a run and shoot offense in college.

The Franchise
Crabtree is not Fitzgerald.

There is a reason that Crabtree isn't going to run the 40.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Link?

The article is updated.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9187366/Sources:-Cards-assistant-tabbed-to-coach-Chiefs

Shaid
If true...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVr8GEn5yJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AVr8GEn5yJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
The article is updated.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9187366/Sources:-Cards-assistant-tabbed-to-coach-Chiefs

Rep!:thumb:

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Crabtree is not Fitzgerald.

There is a reason that Crabtree isn't going to run the 40.

Fitz was labeled as slow too.

keg in kc
Press conference tomorrow or monday I wonder.

cdcox

Heh, The Bad Guy just hired Todd Haley over the internet.

EyePod
Rep!:thumb:

:) I got your back!

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:46 PM

Once again,

He accepted per foxsports.com

HTrayne
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
chief4life - do you mind sharing the origins of your signature gifs?

WOW!

DeezNutz

ROFL

FloridaMan88

Probably Monday or Tuesday... after the Pro Bowl.

KChiefs1
So does this mean that the deal is done?

It must be true...Jack Harry said so.:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
A few more moves and the stench of true fans and anything mediocrity will be gone forever!!!!!

NO more has been QB's, no more fans crying because Carl is gone and we are going to draft like an NFL team...

Ah this is the best offseason in the history of the franchise, well that last 20 years or so...

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Tomorrow late to minimize news coverage and access.

Reerun_KC

He has jedi powers....

The Bad Guy

It's nice to give someone good news for a change.

The last guy I fired over the internet was Gunther.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 10:49 PM
It's nice to give someone good news for a change.

The last guy I fired over the internet was Gunther.

Dude! Priceless! ROFL

cdcox
Once again,

Never heard of this foxsports.com.

I trust The Bad Guy.

FloridaMan88
A few more moves and the stench of true fans and anything mediocrity will be gone forever!!!!!

NO more has been QB's, no more fans crying because Carl is gone and we are going to draft like an NFL team...

Ah this is the best offseason in the history of the franchise, well that last 20 years or so...

All of this is just the warm-up act... wait until Pioli and Haley start the process of rebuilding the Chiefs offense, starting at QB.

Scorp
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/Flustrated.jpg?t=1233895709

The Bad Guy
I bet PC tomorrow.

FAX
Hmmm. OK. All we need now is a quarterback.

Oh, and another wide receiver. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver.

... and some offensive linemen. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver and some offensive linemen.

... and an every-down running back. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver and some offensive linemen and an every-down running back.

... and a defense. Then we'll be set. Awesome. This is exciting.

FAX

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Oh, and another wide receiver. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver.

... and some offensive linemen. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver and some offensive linemen.

... and an every-down running back. So, all we need now is a quarterback and another wide receiver and some offensive linemen and an every-down running back.

FAX

PRINT EM!

-King-
LMFAO! @ You guys bashing WPI. Athan has known about this since 2006. He just didnt want to ruin the suspense. LMFAO! You guys dont know about Nick's insiders.

meh

The Bad Guy
Once again,

I did not get my information from FoxSports, but it's good to know my source still can get me good info.

blueballs
02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Can all people with Shanahan in thier
avatars or signatures be banned now
-nothing personnel

blueballs
02-05-2009, 10:52 PM
and Oh
good luck Todd

The Bad Guy
It's incredible to think that there's no more Good Ole' Boy network with Carl bringing back all his cronies from the USFL, UCLA, the Philadelphia Eagles or former coordators or scouts to run this team.

We now have a fresh, successful face in the front office, and an exciting, new, young HC to guide this team for the foreseeable future.

It's about as exciting of a time as I can remember as a Chiefs fan.

DeezNutz
Where's the StarTrek gif?

Fritz88
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
What a ****ing lame ass argument this is.

Being around great minds is a plus but it does not give a free pass to be guaranteed success!!

I like Haley, but what are the serious jobs that he had beside two years with the Cards?!! where in the first year, Wisehunt called all the shots.

So his resume to me is only one year as OC with the Cards and he did a good job but that is not a measure of someone's ability to be a HC.

All I am saying that it's more of a gamble than safe choice. I like what he did in the past season and especially in the SB. But I am also keeping my fingers crossed.

DeezNutz
It's incredible to think that there's no more Good Ole' Boy network with Carl bringing back all his cronies from the USFL, UCLA, the Philadelphia Eagles or former coordators or scouts to run this team.

We now have a fresh, successful face in the front office, and an exciting, new, young HC to guide this team for the foreseeable future.

Exactly.

I said it earlier in the thread, but I need to say it again.

New blood. Completely.

Unfuckingbelievable.

FAX
I'm just looking forward to an offensive scheme that doesn't rely solely on the punt to compete.

FAX

Shaid

FAX

The deal is done? :shrug:

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm just looking forward to an offensive scheme that doesn't rely solely on the punt to compete.

FAX

Bite your tongue.

Our punter is next to demand out.

keg in kc
Every hire is a gamble.

The Bad Guy
Being around great minds is a plus but it does not give a free pass to be guaranteed success!!

I like Haley, but what are the serious jobs that he had beside two years with the Cards?!! where in the first year, Wisehunt called all the shots.

So his resume to me is only one year as OC with the Cards and he did a good job but that is not a measure of someone's ability to be a HC.

All I am saying that it's more of a gamble than safe choice. I like what he did in the past season and especially in the SB. But I am also keeping my fingers crossed.

He was the WR coach of the Cowboys, Jets and Bears. Pretty much all of those teams had success while he was there. He learned under Bill Parcells, who has produced enough successful assistant coaches in this league.

Again, I don't give a shit about calling plays.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM

The same thing could be said about Andy Reid before Philly. He was an O-line coach, an assistant, and then a QB coach. AND BAM! HC of the Eagles. And he takes Donovan. I bet we take a QB even though I don't want either of them.

cdcox

I'm still waiting for them to draft Sanchez or Stafford. If that happens, I'll consider this the perfect off season. But, yeah, this is exciting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
The deal is done? :shrug:

Exactly.

Information People!!!!!!

EyePod

FAX

And man can Colquitt punt it!

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Where's the StarTrek gif?

Hilarious.

13 days ago that virgin asshole was flooding every thread with that gay fucking gif.

I'm sure he'll come on here after his mother warmed him a glass of milk to say that "Nick had this info since Wednesday".

blueballs
02-05-2009, 10:56 PM
What's taking so fucking long
to find a defensive coordinator
-first in

cdcox
02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Every hire is a gamble.

I'd love to take my chances. With Herm the game was already rigged against us.

DeezNutz
Hilarious.

13 days ago that virgin asshole was flooding every thread with that gay ****ing gif.

I'm sure he'll come on here after his mother warmed him a glass of milk to say that "Nick had this info since Wednesday".

I don't dislike GoChiefs. And I understand why he takes shit.

But I'm going to laugh when that post appears because we all know it's coming.

Not if, but when.

Hammock Parties
No, Frank, I won't.

I had no clue Haley was going to be the Chiefs' head coach.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
He had spurts where he played well, but he's not consistent enough.

All stems from bad coaching and no pass rush. It leaves the secondary out to dry when they are the ones that have to stop the fucking run. BP had the most tackles on our team. Why the fuck did our SS have the most tackles? BECAUSE WE HAD A CRAPPY DLINE. That's why. I don't think BP is a problem for this team right now.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 10:59 PM
No, Frank, I won't.

SenselessChiefsFan
Are you ****ing moronic? 3 good drafts? If you think the first draft was good, then you are a true fanboy of the Herm way of doing things.

Just remember how 'bad' Hali, Pollard and McBride were in your mind in 2009. Seriously, I think you will see what Kuharich and Herm saw in them. Hali wille even better in a 3-4 as an OLB. McBride fits well as a penetrating DT, or he also fits as a 3-4 DE.

The Pats liked Pollard too. I have a feeling that if he were playing there, he wouldn't be cosidered a bust. But, EVEN if he is just a very good special teams/situational run stopper..... that isn't a 'bad' pick. You don't hit home runs on every pick. The important thing is to avoid the Siavii, Sims, Kris Wilson picks.

Chiefs have more young talent than they have had in 10 years. That is a step in the right direction.

I am glad Herm is gone. But, I give credit where it is due. I wish Cowher would have taken the job this year, honestly. I hope that Haley is the answer. I am afraid he is the next Gunther Cunningham. A guy that can put together a good unit when he has tons of talent, but isn't head coaching material.

I don't know him well enough to bash him.... this next coach is just very important..... and I hate that the Chiefs are hiring one in February.

blueballs
Only 34 minutes late... you tried?

hey
this merging thing

EyePod
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
No, Frank, I won't.

Nick didn't either.... did he? I bet he's home crying right now.

Nick to wifey (if he's married) "BUT THE DEAL WAS DONE!!!! WAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Mecca
Atleast I think Haley will value the QB position.

EyePod
hey
this merging thing

yeah, I did it on accident... my bad!

Sure-Oz
Well we have a HC, finally...

I am excited about this new time for the chiefs, i'm interested in hearing who the asst's will be....

Kanesville
I can't believe this! The friggin' deal is actually done? Finally!

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Atleast I think Haley will value the QB position.

Did you hear that noise?

Haley just stepped on the pop-gun. No more water pistol offense.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I cant wait for Haley to get into LJ and Gonzos face!!!

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
No, Frank, I won't.

I had no clue Haley was going to be the Chiefs' head coach.http://i44.tinypic.com/24bm9v4.jpg

milkman
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Just remember how 'bad' Hali, Pollard and McBride were in your mind in 2009. Seriously, I think you will see what Kuharich and Herm saw in them. Hali wille even better in a 3-4 as an OLB. McBride fits well as a penetrating DT, or he also fits as a 3-4 DE.

The Pats liked Pollard too. I have a feeling that if he were playing there, he wouldn't be cosidered a bust. But, EVEN if he is just a very good special teams/situational run stopper..... that isn't a 'bad' pick. You don't hit home runs on every pick. The important thing is to avoid the Siavii, Sims, Kris Wilson picks.

Chiefs have more young talent than they have had in 10 years. That is a step in the right direction.

I am glad Herm is gone. But, I give credit where it is due. I wish Cowher would have taken the job this year, honestly. I hope that Haley is the answer. I am afraid he is the next Gunther Cunningham. A guy that can put together a good unit when he has tons of talent, but isn't head coaching material.

I don't know him well enough to bash him.... this next coach is just very important..... and I hate that the Chiefs are hiring one in February.

I just don't get why anyone thinks that Hali has any potential as an OLB in a 34.

It's a position that requires speed, and Hali is not fast.

keg in kc
02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Hopefully we'll all look back in 2019 and point to this as 'the day the dynasty began'.

Which is not a thought that even entered my mind when vermeil or herm were hired.

Part of that's Pioli, obviously. But hiring Shanahan or (ugh) Cowher wouldn't have done it, either. It's not that I'm sold on Haley - it's the possibility of having a coach here for a decade that excites me, that that's what they're going for. Building something to last years and years, instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle or bringing in another in a long string of buddies.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Ironically, we did trade one good ol' boy network for another.

But the new one at least has more past successes.

smittysbar
02-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Great hire IMO

Sure-Oz
02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Will Gonzo bitch now?!

blueballs
02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Star is carring it also:

Haley In

?http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/566

FROM FOX SPORTS

Deberg_1990
02-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Will Gonzo bitch now?!

Yes. Haleys offense throws too much to the WR's. :)

Reerun_KC
Will Gonzo bitch now?!

Will the sun come up in the morning?

L.A. Chieffan
Dammit TODD

SPchief
Mort just said on NFL Live that the Chiefs are still looking and Chan Gailey is a possibility :spock:

Sure-Oz
02-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Mort just said on NFL Live that the Chiefs are still looking and Chan Gailey is a possibility :spock:

It was shown i believe earlier tonight and it's a repeat

DeezNutz

Taped.

Afternoon bullshit.

The Bad Guy

But the new one at least has more past successes.

Exactly.

I can handle the good ole' boy network as long as there is a history of success.

DeezNutz
It was shown i believe earlier tonight and it's a repeat

Damnit, dude. How fast do you type? 100 WPM? Fuck.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Mort is a fucking douche nozzle, He knows as much about the chiefs as sensibleraidersfan....

Mort is the last place or person I would ever expect to get credible info from...

cdcox
There's a new oDD TodD in town.

The Bad Guy

I know it was taped this afternoon, but Pioli has spun his ass around this off-season.

Sure-Oz
Damnit, dude. How fast do you type? 100 WPM? ****.

ROFL Probably...sorry im really being a bad posting wingman

aturnis
I just don't get why anyone thinks that Hali has any potential as an OLB in a 34.

At all. He looks even slower in person.

DeezNutz
Exactly.

I can handle the good ole' boy network as long as there is a history of success.

There's probably never a way out of it, really.

No matter whom you hire, he's bringing his friends. CEO or HC in the NFL. Same shit.

booger
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see Crennell come on as ASST. HC and DL Coach if not DC. He has or is going to get a hip replacement, is 60+ and was rumored to be offered a DL coach job from Weiss at ND.

Others? I've liked the idea of McDurmott for awhile now. Can't go wrong with a Jim Johnson deciple. I'd really like the idea if Romeo was there as DL coach to help him out as a first time DC.

Bill Davis - LB coach Cards. Of course the past 2 years working with Haley but also from Pittsburgh area like Haley. Former DC of the 49ers and roughly the same age range as Haley.

Todd Bowles - DB/ASS. HC Dolphins. Another of Parcells' guys he is high on.

Brian Stewart - Recently fired(thrown under the bus) by the cowgirls as DC. Wade Phillips took over the play calling duties and they fired him after the season. He also would make sense for the DB's job. That's what his role was in SD when WP was the DC.

I think it's possible they keep Gailey and most of the staff on offense if they think it's a fit. The unknown is if Haley as a first time HC will want to call his own plays or not. He has had that experience from watching Whisenhunt go through what he is about to. Also keep in mind that all coaches who have not left for new jobs are under contract for 1 more year. They could make a trial run of it with Gailey and see how it works out while giving new hires longer contracts.

Clyde Christenson - WR coach of the Colts makes some sense. Was with Dungy all those years but since they moved to Indy he should have picked up some things from Tom Moore.

Maurice Carthon - Cards RB coach. More likely a candidate only if Haley calls his own plays IMO. Crennell gave him a shot in CLE but had to fire him. Also could be promoted in AZ if Whisenhunt calls the O.

Special teams will also be a very key hire. Up in Minny, Chad O'Shea is an offensive ass/quality control coach under Childress. He was Frank Ganz Jr's assistant special teams coach during the DV years. He wanted to switch to learn on the offensive side of the ball when he joined the vikes but i'd think he'd be worth an interview.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
ROFL Probably...sorry im really being a bad posting wingman

:toast:

keg in kc
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM

But the new one at least has more past successes.There's a distinct difference between networking and nepotism, between hiring a friend of a friend who's successfully working his way up and hiring a friend of a friend who's been around (and stagnant) for years.

ChiefMojo
I've warmed up to the thought of Haley being the HC a few days ago. I think he will bring a fiery style of coaching. Also the thought of actual innovative offensive football is appealing as well. I trust in Pioli and it looks like he trusts in Haley. They have a long relationship dating back to their New York Jets days and all the years Haley was with Pioli's father-in-law in the Big Tuna.

FAX
The cool thing is that, very soon, we're going to find out if some of the individual performance problems we've had over the past few years were due to lack of talent or if it has indeed been the result of poor coaching. My guess is that some of the guys on our roster are actually much better than they've looked and that a real, honest-to-God coaching staff will make a significant difference in their quality of play.

FAX

Sure-Oz
02-05-2009, 11:13 PM
:toast:

It's all good:BLVD:

SenselessChiefsFan

Well, if you look at where Haley has been, with the Jets under Parcells, brought in Testeverde (Sp), with the Cowboys (Developed Romo).... and now with the Cardinals.... went with 'washed up' Warner over Leinhart (again, sp?)

By the way, in Cleveland, Pioli was on the staff with Belichick, and I believe they drafted the QB from GA in the third to be their QBOTF.

Not saying they won't, but the GM and now the head coach have a history of not drafting a QB high and developing lower round guys and recycled veterans.

I am sure that IF they believe Stafford or Sanchez is right, and they are there, they will take him..... but I don't think they will 'force' the issue.

1ChiefsDan
I can't believe this! The friggin' deal is actually done? Finally!Is anyone other than Fox reporting it?

DeezNutz
There's a distinct difference between networking and nepotism, between hiring a friend of a friend who's successfully working his way up and hiring a friend of a friend who's been around (and stagnant) for years.

True.

We have a younger set now. Give it time.

Frosty
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, we won't be seeing Mr. Flopnuts around for awhile now. :)

DaWolf
The cool thing is that, very soon, we're going to find out if some of the individual performance problems we've had over the past few years were due to lack of talent or if it has indeed been the result of poor coaching. My guess is that some of the guys on our roster are actually much better than they've looked and that a real, honest-to-God coaching staff will make a significant difference in their quality of play.

FAX

Well let's hope Haley brings in some good coaches, as he's apparently spent the last two weeks putting together a staff. One thing is for sure, if Dwayne Bowe has any superstar talent in him, Haley is gonna make sure to beat it out of him...

Chiefs Pantalones
I just hope Gailey isn't retained ugh.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM

FAX

You betcha.

Going to be a very fun season this year, record be damned.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM

I thought I'd been hearing repeated screams coming from a northwesterly direction...

Hammock Parties
02-05-2009, 11:17 PM
You know what's hilarious about this?

Nick looks a lot like Todd Haley.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0790ejE70NcdP/340x.jpg

FAX
02-05-2009, 11:17 PM

This is the first time I can recall actually feeling sorry for another man's testicles.

Yank, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Don't tug.

FAX

Deberg_1990
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
This almost brings tears to my eyes. Its what alot of us have dreamed about for years.

A complete house cleaning. A Young Owner, a young GM and a young HC. All hungry to start their own legacies.

Its like something out of a dream. Ive watched it worked with so many other teams over the years and its finally happening with ours. :)

eazyb81
Worst kept secret in Chiefs history.

I called this probably 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, happy to see him on board and for this ordeal to be over.

SenselessChiefsFan

Well, two things here. #1) I dissagree that the position requires speed. Terrell Suggs is not a blazing fast individual, and if you look over the history of the position, blazing speed is not a requirement. I think that being able to read the play is a bigger priority, and he does that well.

#2) I think Hali is plenty quick, he just gets tangled up at times and worn down from working against bigger guys. He will be able to split wider, get a jump on his guy and will have more of an element of surprise.

But, we shall see what happens... at this point, we don't even know if we are going to the 3-4.

Sure-Oz
02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Worst kept secret in Chiefs history.

I called this probably 2 weeks ago.

Anyways, happy to see him on board and for this ordeal to be over.

I'm glad this is over too, now im excited to see what asst's we get

blueballs
DROWN THE RAT

Boris The Great
Nick didnt either.... did he?

Nine days ago he said... and I quote...

Todd Haley will NOT be the Chiefs next head coach.

Hammock Parties
This almost brings tears to my eyes. Its what alot of us have dreamed about for years.

A complete house cleaning. A Young Owner, a young GM and a young HC. All hungry to start their own legacies.

Its like something out of a dream. Ive watched it worked with so many other teams over the years and its finally happening with ours. :)

But Bill Cowher! BILL COWHER!!!!

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Ewing-Galloway/Portrait-of-Baby-Crying-Photographic-Print-C12140105.jpeg

boogblaster
02-05-2009, 11:20 PM
The breeze is gettin stronger ....

DJ's left nut
Don't like the hire, but I'll be behind him all the way.

I hope he works out, but I will not be pleased if he can't control his sideline and his players better than he demonstrated as an O-coordinator.

unothadeal
Nine days ago he said... and I quote...

Link?

melbar
02-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Is anyone other than Fox reporting it?

ESPN is now reporting that foxsports is reporting an offer has been made...:shake:

Chiefs Pantalones
I think it would be neat if Haley was head coach/offensive coordinator.

You just know he's going to call his own plays, so why not?

Deberg_1990

Hes a fine HC, and he could have been successful here to, but a young hungry guy was absolutley the way to go.

Hammock Parties
For what it's worth, Nick seems to believe Chan Gailey is staying. He won't commit to it though. If you ask me Gailey was sticking around just because Cowher was a candidate. I don't see why Haley would want him. Food for thought.

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Yet people are still "not sold" on becoming an actually NFL franchise, because they miss Carl tea bagging them on sundays or dreams of anal with Marty in the shower...

Hammock Parties
Hes a fine HC, and he could have been successful here to, but a young hungry guy was absolutley the way to go.

I was making fun of the true fans...fuck Bill Cowher.

unothadeal
This hiring is truly unexpected.

FAX
There's a distinct difference between networking and nepotism, between hiring a friend of a friend who's successfully working his way up and hiring a friend of a friend who's been around (and stagnant) for years.

Well put, Mr. keg in kc. Of course a man is going to reach out to people he knows and can trust ... people he believes he can work with. We all do it. But, the Chiefs are no longer recycling the same old group based merely on favoritism. Clark wants to win and is directing the franchise to hire winners. I hope and trust that Haley fits the bill. At least we know that Clark and Pioli believe he does.

FAX

rockymtnchief
I'm glad SOMEONE is hired. Now I'm just curious who's kept and who's hired as coaches.

DeezNutz

I hope he works out, but I will not be pleased if he can't control his sideline and his players better than he demonstrated as an O-coordinator.

Valid concerns.

Be interesting to see if this is even an issue when he's not calling the plays, though. Usually the coordinators have more direct involvement with players on gameday, so this might mitigate some issues.

1ChiefsDan
ESPN is now reporting that foxsports is reporting an offer has been made...:shake:Exactly - and the Star is reporting that Fox is reporting....

Not saying it isn't happening - but with all the secrecy around 1 Arrowhead Drive these days I think I will wait to get excited about it being done when the Chiefs announce it.

eazyb81
For what it's worth, Nick seems to believe Chan Gailey is staying. He won't commit to it though. If you ask me Gailey was sticking around just because Cowher was a candidate. I don't see why Haley would want him. Food for thought.

Wow, bold call by Athan.

Gailey is probably staying, but he might not.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-05-2009, 11:23 PM

It's February... not a lot of choices.... that actually want to coach this year.

I really wanted Herm gone, but I hate the fact that we are relegated to the clearance isle for our coach and staff.

I HOPE that Haley is a great coach and we can pull a great staff out of the hat.... the one thing that I am really hoping is that Pioli has been working behind the scenes on lining up the staff.

unothadeal

Covering your asses early I see :D

blueballs
Rat avatars are like rebel flags
yes we lost
and don't you forget it

BigRock
I just hope Gailey isn't retained ugh.

Why is anyone concerned about Gailey? I'm not even a fan of his and I don't care if he stays.

We just hired an offensive coach. It's not like they hired Cowher and he's gonna say "OK, Chan, keep doing your thing". Any offense we run will be Haley's. Any QB decision will be made by Pioli and Haley. Haley could even call the plays. If Gailey stays, it'll just be to do Haley's bidding.

But Gailey does have a lot of experience, including as a head coach, and having someone like him on the staff could be good for a guy leading his own team for the first time.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Yet people are still "not sold" on becoming an actually NFL franchise, because they miss Carl tea bagging them on sundays or dreams of anal with Marty in the shower...

And Reerun has officially returned!

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 11:25 PM
And Reerun has officially returned!

I have alittle time, I just finished both of my classes while on this last trip, not going to Challenger Type school til March 9th or so in Canada....

So I have alittle time to waste on here... Feels good to be able to post without feeling guilty for not doing homework!

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I have alittle time, I just finished both of my classes while on this last trip, not going to Challenger Type school til March 9th or so in Canada....

So I have alittle time to waste on here... Feels good to be able to post without feeling guilty for not doing homework!

But you were "officially" back with your patented shower anal. :clap:

Reerun_KC
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM
But you were "officially" back with your patented shower anal. :clap:

ROFL

Yeah had to push that one in there for old time sakes....

kcxiv
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Ewing-Galloway/Portrait-of-Baby-Crying-Photographic-Print-C12140105.jpeg

They went of just pure fan hunches, not supposedly sources. way different.

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
No, Frank, I won't.

Thanks. Your honesty is appreciated. You've done a great job of staying out of this. Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

DJ's left nut
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Valid concerns.

Be interesting to see if this is even an issue when he's not calling the plays, though. Usually the coordinators have more direct involvement with players on gameday, so this might mitigate some issues.

Here's my problem: We just hired Josh McDaniels but with 'maturity' issues coming from his most recent stops, a lessar resume and without any history with young QBs. I see not one single area where Haley should be considered a better candidate than McDaniels.

It's not just the attitude, it's his overall underwhelming track record.

And he's an offensive guy being tasked with coaching a team with the 2nd worst defense in football.

Ask yourselves what we'd have done had Den. made this same hire. We'd have barbecued them for it. So shouldn't we look at it with the same critical eye when the hire is made here?

LIke I said, I'll back the guy. But I'm going into this one with both eyes wide open, there are more questions than answers today, IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Hopefully we'll all look back in 2019 and point to this as 'the day the dynasty began'.

Which is not a thought that even entered my mind when vermeil or herm were hired.

Part of that's Pioli, obviously. But hiring Shanahan or (ugh) Cowher wouldn't have done it, either. It's not that I'm sold on Haley - it's the possibility of having a coach here for a decade that excites me, that that's what they're going for. Building something to last years and years, instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle or bringing in another in a long string of buddies.

Mmm...This.

Reaper16
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Suck it, Barry in St. Louis.

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Here's my problem: We just hired Josh McDaniels but with 'maturity' issues coming from his most recent stops, a lessar resume and without any history with young QBs. I see not one single area where Haley should be considered a better candidate than McDaniels.

And he's an offensive guy being tasked with coaching a team with the 2nd worst defense in football.

Ask yourselves what we'd have done had Den. made this same hire. We'd have barbecued them for it. So shouldn't we look at it with the same critical eye when the hire is made here?

LIke I said, I'll back the guy. But I'm going into this one with both eyes wide open, there are more questions than answers today, IMO.

Parcells wanted to hire him before he hired Sparano.

And I'm sorry, McDaniels had a great O-line, Randy Moss and Wes Welker to coordinate around so I don't know why Haley has a lesser resume in your eyes.

I would argue he called a much better SB than McDaniels did last year against a better defense.

melbar
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Can we just get something more solid than X is reporting Y made and offer to maybe hire Z?

Hammock Parties
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
McDaniels has 8 years of NFL experience, all with ONE franchise.

Haley has 14 with MULTIPLE franchises.

Huge difference, IMO.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM

I'd like to argue with you and play devil's advocate, but I'm in agreement with much of this.

The D is particularly scary. He and Pioli will have to make a very wise decision here.

I'm in full support of Pioli and his decision making at this point, but I'm most excited about having completely new blood. We'll see how the HC hire works out. Hoping for the best.

I will say, however, that Haley's NFL experience is broader. Been with more organizations, ostensibly might have picked up more along the way. Granted, McDaniels was at the feet of the master, but we have someone from that house, too.

Perhaps they'll complement each other nicely?

doomy3
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM

Who fucking misses Carl? Name 5 fucking people. Your shtick is so far beyond annoying.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM

FAX

There's no doubt about it. I've lived in AZ. for three years now, and prior to Wisenhut they were a HUGE, hapless pile of shit. They were a local joke.

Some guys will get exposed and shown the door, and some you had little to no faith in will step up and have you doing double-takes all season long.

Good times ahead! :toast:

beach tribe
I'm excited about our first time HC. This is a new day for the KC Chiefs. Things are being done the right way for the first time in a long time, and Clark is doing things exactly the way he said he would, The way that all of those who know what they're talking about have wanted it to happen. Here's to a beautiful relationship between Haley, and Pioli. The future kings of KC. A sincere thanks to The MAN. The one, and only Clark Hunt.

FAX

Good points, Mr. DJ's left nut. As usual. I, too, have been increasingly concerned about Haley's temper over the past month or so.

Still, Haley knows as well as anyone that this is his opportunity to prove himself. The guy is intelligent and believes that, if your offense can score, you're never out of a game. Those are characteristics 180 degrees opposed to where we've been. Plus, he has Pioli as a partner. That's an ace up our sleeve.

So, I look at it this way ... a lot depends on who the coordinators and assistants are. If Haley has learned anything from Parcells, I hope it's the concept of surrounding yourself with talented assistants. If so, we could be in excellent hands.

FAX

ChiefRon
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I really like this move, and our offense should improve immediately, especially given the offense-heavy draft coming up. Hopefully the staff will be put together quickly and will include Crennel or McDermott.

KCChiefsMan
02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I wonder why he hasnt accepted

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
McDaniels has 8 years of NFL experience, all with ONE franchise.

Haley has 14 with MULTIPLE franchises.

Huge difference, IMO.

I just tried to smush your sig on my screen.

unothadeal
02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I wonder why he hasnt accepted

Someone photoshop a Facebook friend request from Pioli to Haley

DJ's left nut
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Parcells wanted to hire him before he hired Sparano.

And I'm sorry, McDaniels had a great O-line, Randy Moss and Wes Welker to coordinate around so I don't know why Haley has a lesser resume in your eyes.

I would argue he called a much better SB than McDaniels did last year against a better defense.

McDaniels' O-line is decent, but it's not great. Brady's decisionmaking built a rep for that line that far exceeds its ability. Moss and Welker are at best equal to Boldin and Fitz, I wouldn't even give them that. And Warner is the better QB by far. If I'm a coordinator, I'd rather have the Cardinals setup than the Pats.

Haley called a putrid first 3 quarters of that SB. Little dunk passes and bubble screens, completely ignoring Fitzgerald. He called a good drive in the middle of the 4th and then Fitz made a hell of a play on a crossing route. Without that, the Cards would've straight up embarassed themselves on offense.

As for the 'Parcells wanted Haley' argument, I don't buy it. If Parcells wanted him, AZ couldn't have stopped the move, it's a promotion. I think that's revisionist history by folks in the Haley camp.

We'll see how it goes.

beach tribe
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd like to argue with you and play devil's advocate, but I'm in agreement with much of this.

The D is particularly scary. He and Pioli will have to make a very wise decision here.

I'm in full support of Pioli and his decision making at this point, but I'm most excited about having completely new blood. We'll see how the HC hire works out. Hoping for the best.

I will say, however, that Haley's NFL experience is broader. Been with more organizations, ostensibly might have picked up more along the way. Granted, McDaniels was at the feet of the master, but we have someone from that house, too.

Perhaps they'll complement each other nicely?

I'm gonna trust Pioli on this one. He obviously sees something, and I think he's had his eye on this guy all along.

ChiefRon
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Good points, Mr. DJ's left nut. As usual. I, too, have been increasingly concerned about Haley's temper over the past month or so.

Still, Haley knows as well as anyone that this is his opportunity to prove himself. The guy is intelligent and believes that, if your offense can score, you're never out of a game. Those are characteristics 180 degrees opposed to where we've been. Plus, he has Pioli as a partner. That's an ace up our sleeve.

So, I look at it this way ... a lot depends on who the coordinators and assistants are. If Haley has learned anything from Parcells, I hope it's the concept of surrounding yourself with talented assistants. If so, we could be in excellent hands.

FAX

Excellent post.

melbar
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Still no real announcement or official word?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM

I can't WAIT for those moments when the "slightly above casual" fans of the other teams in this league begin to see that first light of reality dawn that they are in serious fucking trouble, and that there is most definitely a New Sheriff In Town.

Priceless! :fire:

booger
02-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Very similar hire to Sean Payton IMO.

Parcells guy as well, Payton had a background with QB's before becoming OC while Haley was a WR coach.

DJ's left nut

FAX

If he gets some good assistants and dials down the machismo now that he's not the coordinator, I like having the offensive mind on the staff.

I'll keep my fingers crossed

DeezNutz
I'm gonna trust Pioli on this one. He obviously sees something, and I think he's had his eye on this guy all along.

That's how I'm seeing it.

Pioli gets the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be a hopeless dumbass.

Then he and Rufus better be ready to go back-to-back.

PastorMikH
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Whether Haley makes it or not, I'm pleased with the fact we are trying to hire an assistant with promise instead of either a retread faliure or older HC that's been to the top and is complacent.

whoman69
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM

I think the offensive/defensive end doesn't always pan out. Billeck was supposed to be an offensive genius coming out but couldn't find any in Baltimore. Their Super Bowl championship is remarkable in that the offense went through a long streak without scoring, but the defense kept them in the games.

Herm was a defensive coach who only for a short time was able to make any improvement from Vermeil.

We're going to need big improvement on both sides of the ball. We are not going to be playing Gailey's spread offense, so we need to find offensive lineman that have some skills. We have no linebacker squad from which to even start to build upon, perhaps one player there who could with the right coaching become something special.

You pick your poison with either type coach. If he's smart he brings in someone competent to run both sides and sets the framework for them to work with. A head coach in this day and age cannot expect to be his own coordinator.