PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Breaking Bad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19

ChiefsFanatic
09-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Marie and Hank got to say 'I love you' one last time. sweet touch

When Hank called Marie, there was a close up of Walt, and I thought that maybe he called Todd's uncle back and sent them to get Marie. Then I expected Hank to get in the truck with a sh!t-eating grin, just to have Walt make it disappear by telling Hank that he might want to call Marie.

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Walt's rarely clear headed when it comes to his money. He's made mistakes before.This. Walt seems to completely lose his mind and sense of judgement when it comes to the money.

When Hank called Marie, there was a close up of Walt, and I thought that maybe he called Todd's uncle back and sent them to get Marie. Then I expected Hank to get in the truck with a sh!t-eating grin, just to have Walt make it disappear by telling Hank that he might want to call Marie.That would have been an incredible twist. Maybe one step too far though. Walt said a few times that he didn't want to actually hurt Jesse because he was like family, he just needed him out of the way. It'd be a little difficult to believe Walt actually ordering a hit on Marie.

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 02:56 AM
No way they survive. They showed Hank pretty much emptying his clip and Gomez wasn't exactly taking the best cover. They'll be dead within a minute of next weeks episode. I don't know what Jesse was going to do though. They showed him trying to get out of the car, I don't know why though.

Hank and Gomez will die. Jesse will find a way to escape.I'd really rather not see Steve Gomez get killed, but it definitely seems to be heading in that direction.

ChiefsFanatic
09-09-2013, 03:39 AM
This. Walt seems to completely lose his mind and sense of judgement when it comes to the money.

That would have been an incredible twist. Maybe one step too far though. Walt said a few times that he didn't want to actually hurt Jesse because he was like family, he just needed him out of the way. It'd be a little difficult to believe Walt actually ordering a hit on Marie.

Not a hit, just a trade, himself for Marie. And Hank would agree, but Gomey would not. He would tell Hank he can't make a deal with these people, and he and Hank would argue. Hank would have a PTSD flashback to the head on the turtle, lose his sh!t, and shoot Gomey. Then he would fit in with the rest of the people who "broke bad"

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Not a hit, just a trade, himself for Marie. And Hank would agree, but Gomey would not. He would tell Hank he can't make a deal with these people, and he and Hank would argue. Hank would have a PTSD flashback to the head on the turtle, lose his sh!t, and shoot Gomey. Then he would fit in with the rest of the people who "broke bad"

Interdasting

cookster50
09-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Jesse about shit himself. He truly is a coward

So, if you were out in the middle of nowhere and 5-6 guys with guns showed up and started shooting, you wouldn't crap yourself? You wouldn't hide, you wouldn't try to get away? Interdasting

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 08:19 AM
So, if you were out in the middle of nowhere and 5-6 guys with guns showed up and started shooting, you wouldn't crap yourself? You wouldn't hide, you wouldn't try to get away? InterdastingEspecially if their intention (initially anyway) was to kill you.

loochy
09-09-2013, 08:25 AM
So, if you were out in the middle of nowhere and 5-6 guys with guns showed up and started shooting, you wouldn't crap yourself? You wouldn't hide, you wouldn't try to get away? Interdasting

Dude, nobody on ChiefsPlanet would hide. Every single person here would calmly take cover and pull one shot headshots on every single bad guy with a pistol.

journeyscarab
09-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Jesse about shit himself. He truly is a coward

I think there were four guys with crap in their pants in that scene.

Jesse isn't a coward,if he was he would have insisted on staying at the safe house.

loochy
09-09-2013, 08:31 AM
So, since when is taking cover in the middle of a massive crossfire being a coward (especially when you don't have a gun)? WTF is wrong with you?

cosmo20002
09-09-2013, 08:40 AM
So, since when is taking cover in the middle of a massive crossfire being a coward (especially when you don't have a gun)? WTF is wrong with you?

I would have tried to log onto Chiefsplanet and post a picture of a gun, just so everybody knows not to mess with me.

cosmo20002
09-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I think the Walt showed an uncharacteristic lack of judgement. What did he think that Jesse was bringing him out to the desert for? If he wanted to burn the money he would have just done it, if he wanted to talk to Walt he already had an opportunity. It was an obvious trap. Also the fact that Walt had the whole drive to think about it and it never crossed his mind that this might not be such a great idea. It felt a little forced to me.

I guess keep in mind that to Walt it was IMPOSSIBLE that Jesse would be setting him up in some way or that Jesse was working with Hank. Even when he asked Uncle Jack to kill Jesse, Walt said that Jesse wasn't a rat.

siberian khatru
09-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Dude, nobody on ChiefsPlanet would hide. Every single person here would calmly take cover and pull one shot headshots on every single bad guy with a pistol.

Then we would go home and make long, passionate love to our supermodel wives who aren't, have never been and never will be fat.

cosmo20002
09-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I'd really rather not see Steve Gomez get killed, but it definitely seems to be heading in that direction.

Yeah, Gomey's been a good guy. Always took Hank's shit with humor and has gotten off some good one-liners.

So, Down Under, you're ahead of us--when we're watching Sunday night--when do you see it? You watching on some internet feed?

siberian khatru
09-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I wonder how the next ep will open -- with the gunfight still going on, and showing us who gets shot? Or with the victims already lying dead/dying on the ground?

Would be tough to watch if one is still alive, and Uncle Jack and crew calmly walk up and finish him off.

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah, Gomey's been a good guy. Always took Hank's shit with humor and has gotten off some good one-liners.

So, Down Under, you're ahead of us--when we're watching Sunday night--when do you see it? You watching on some internet feed?

I usually just 'download' the episode on the evening (my time) of the release. So pretty much a few hours after its on tv in the US

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
It's fantasy world. I'm gonna shit on Jesse and Hank however I please. Jesse is a pussy and Hank is a pig. Last night's episode was crap anyway. Shit episodes get a shitty audience

cosmo20002
09-09-2013, 10:12 AM
It's fantasy world. I'm gonna shit on Jesse and Hank however I please. Jesse is a pussy and Hank is a pig. Last night's episode was crap anyway. Shit episodes get a shitty audience

You crazy

lcarus
09-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I was entertained. Walt had to make a mistake at some point. I thought it was a pretty clever plan by Jesse and Hank.

eazyb81
09-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Jesse is a coward and a little bitch. I can't understand why people like him.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Jesse is a coward and a little bitch. I can't understand why people like him.

Can anyone blame him for being angry? He doesn't even know the full of it. That Walt watched his girlfriend die and didnt stop it. That Walt pushed Jesse into uncomfortable decisions to stay in the method business and to kill 2 people, even though Jesse objected. And then of course, using the poisoning of a kid he cared about to manipulate Jesse to make a hit.

So no, I don't think it's as cowardly as you think. The beauty of the show is that they give these characters multiple layers. You root for jesse then he turns into a snitch. You root against Walt and he finally starts showing emotion over the lives he's affecting.

siberian khatru
09-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Can anyone blame him for being angry? He doesn't even know the full of it. That Walt watched his girlfriend die and didnt stop it.

Would've been something during Walt's panicky phone confessional to Jesse if he had let slip something along the lines of "and I'm sorry about Jane" and had Jesse go, "Wait, what did you just say, bitch?"

Stanley Nickels
09-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I think people who criticize the writers for Walt's irrational reaction last night aren't getting the full picture.. Walt is losing control, and he's grown so accustomed to it that he reacts in panic at his impending fate, pressured only moreso by the recent hotel interaction with Skyler. You can't claim that Walt is some meticulous and methodical person other the recent chase scene, because that isn't the only incident in that episode where he reacts impulsively (which is supposedly not in his character's nature.) After being Mirandized, does Walt react by remaining silent, the prudent and appropriate action? No-- he reacts by calling Jesse a coward, in front of DEA agents compiling a case against him! It was a tremendous line, not only because it bolsters the idea that Walt is losing control (emotionally and metaphorically), but also because it elicits such a disdainful reaction from the audience, who sees it as ironic coming from a POS that just recently made a cowardly fake confession accusing his brother-in-law of making him (Walt) a fall-guy for a masterful drug cartel orchestrated by the head of a DEA branch.

I just don't see how you can conveniently ignore these gaping vulnerabilities shown in Walt's character throughout the season, to bolster an argument that it's "not in his nature". I can possibly see an argument that they started to assassinate his character only in this season so that it would better suit an ending to the show, but it didn't start in the last episode; it's been setting up for a while now.

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415463/Outrage-toy-company-creates-crystal-meth-lab-children-Breaking-Bad-play-sets.html?ICO=most_read_module

09-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I think people who criticize the writers for Walt's irrational reaction last night aren't getting the full picture.. Walt is losing control, and he's grown so accustomed to it that he reacts in panic at his impending fate, pressured only moreso by the recent hotel interaction with Skyler. You can't claim that Walt is some meticulous and methodical person other the recent chase scene, because that isn't the only incident in that episode where he reacts impulsively (which is supposedly not in his character's nature.) After being Mirandized, does Walt react by remaining silent, the prudent and appropriate action? No-- he reacts by calling Jesse a coward, in front of DEA agents compiling a case against him! It was a tremendous line, not only because it bolsters the idea that Walt is losing control (emotionally and metaphorically), but also because it elicits such a disdainful reaction from the audience, who sees it as ironic coming from a POS that just recently made a cowardly fake confession accusing his brother-in-law of making him (Walt) a fall-guy for a masterful drug cartel orchestrated by the head of a DEA branch.

I just don't see how you can conveniently ignore these gaping vulnerabilities shown in Walt's character throughout the season, to bolster an argument that it's "not in his nature". I can possibly see an argument that they started to assassinate his character only in this season so that it would better suit an ending to the show, but it didn't start in the last episode; it's been setting up for a while now.

I don't really care about Walt's reaction, I just didn't like the dialogue and all the other shit leading up to it.

cosmo20002
09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I think people who criticize the writers for Walt's irrational reaction last night aren't getting the full picture.. Walt is losing control, and he's grown so accustomed to it that he reacts in panic at his impending fate, pressured only moreso by the recent hotel interaction with Skyler. You can't claim that Walt is some meticulous and methodical person other the recent chase scene, because that isn't the only incident in that episode where he reacts impulsively (which is supposedly not in his character's nature.)

I don't even think it was an irrational reaction. Hank and Jesse set up a very believable ruse and he fell for it. Walt's problem was that he trusted Jesse too much. He just thought it would be impossible that he would join up with Hank. That was his blind spot--he just never considered that it could happen.

-King-
09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
I was just hoping that after Jesse walked off from the meet up he was supposed to have with Walt, he would take him down alone, I still don't like him teaming up with Hank to arrest Walt.

Reaper16
09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Most of you guys are very stupid, TBH.

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I was just hoping that after Jesse walked off from the meet up he was supposed to have with Walt, he would take him down alone, I still don't like him teaming up with Hank to arrest Walt.

You should be happy then that it looks like that's not going to happen.

eazyb81
09-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Can anyone blame him for being angry? He doesn't even know the full of it. That Walt watched his girlfriend die and didnt stop it. That Walt pushed Jesse into uncomfortable decisions to stay in the method business and to kill 2 people, even though Jesse objected. And then of course, using the poisoning of a kid he cared about to manipulate Jesse to make a hit.

So no, I don't think it's as cowardly as you think. The beauty of the show is that they give these characters multiple layers. You root for jesse then he turns into a snitch. You root against Walt and he finally starts showing emotion over the lives he's affecting.

Yeah I absolutely can blame him for being angry. Jesse is financially set for life for essentially providing zero value over the course of a year. Walt was the brains behind the operation and Jesse was worthless, yet Walt agreed to split the cash 50/50. Jesse is a multi-millionaire all because of Walt. The guy was a dumbass heading straight to loserville, but he could go spend the rest of his life on a beach in Fiji if he wanted to - all thanks to Walt.

Oh boo hoo, Walt didn't help Jesse's junkie girlfriend when she OD'd. If Jesse had even a shred of intelligence, he would realize that Walt probably saved his life there because Jesse was heading down the same path.

Jesse used to at least provide some comedic relief, but the guy is just pathetic now. Walt is the only person in Jesse's life that gave a damn whether he lived or died, and this is how he repays him?

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Krazy-8, Tuco, Mike, Jane, and Gale all show up in the next episode. I'm guessing desert hallucination from Walt.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2301451/fullcredits/cast

Carlota69
09-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Hank is going to die, hence the "I love you' call.

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Hank and Gomez die.
Todd's uncle tries to force Walt to cook for him because of who he killed.
Walt refuses and goes into hiding (I assume with his family).

-King-
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeah I absolutely can blame him for being angry. Jesse is financially set for life for essentially providing zero value over the course of a year. Walt was the brains behind the operation and Jesse was worthless, yet Walt agreed to split the cash 50/50. Jesse is a multi-millionaire all because of Walt. The guy was a dumbass heading straight to loserville, but he could go spend the rest of his life on a beach in Fiji if he wanted to - all thanks to Walt.

It's not all about money guy. If you found out the money you made was making people kill children and poison them, I think you'd have a hard time being happy with it also.

Buck
09-09-2013, 03:07 PM
I kept expecting Hank to have a bullet come through his head while he was on the phone with Marie, very tense.

The way it ended was disappointing because nobody got shot. There were too many bullets for that. Also Todd didn't look very convincing firing that pistol.

-King-
09-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I kept expecting Hank to have a bullet come through his head while he was on the phone with Marie, very tense.

The way it ended was disappointing because nobody got shot. There were too many bullets for that. Also Todd didn't look very convincing firing that pistol.

I laughed when they showed Todd. They had guys with AA12s, LMGs, Assault rifles, and then there's Todd with a damn pistol. Surprised he wasn't making "Pew!" noises while firing it.

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 03:17 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9fad382f07910d025352cf1c8a3023e1/tumblr_mrs3rjWvnd1qdm2suo1_500.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
09-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Aaron Paul has 10 reasons why you should enter to win a trip to watch the Breaking Bad finale with him in LA.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10100655186732436" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://www.omaze.com/experiences/aaron-paul-breaking-bad-finale

Buck
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I laughed when they showed Todd. They had guys with AA12s, LMGs, Assault rifles, and then there's Todd with a damn pistol. Surprised he wasn't making "Pew!" noises while firing it.

Haha, yeah, seemed very out of place...maybe on purpose. He might have been the only one not trying to hit anybody.

eazyb81
09-09-2013, 03:34 PM
It's not all about money guy. If you found out the money you made was making people kill children and poison them, I think you'd have a hard time being happy with it also.

Dude are you serious? He was a meth manufacturer.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Oh boo hoo, Walt didn't help Jesse's junkie girlfriend when she OD'd. If Jesse had even a shred of intelligence, he would realize that Walt probably saved his life there because Jesse was heading down the same path.

Jesse used to at least provide some comedic relief, but the guy is just pathetic now. Walt is the only person in Jesse's life that gave a damn whether he lived or died, and this is how he repays him?

You're calling Jesse a coward. Yet, Walt is the one who stood back and let Jesse emotionally abuse himself over things Walt was responsible for. Jesse was traumatized by the Brock poisoning and Jane dying. He thinks he was responsible for both, but Walt could have stopped both.

And given that Jesse has refused the money before, has tried to get out of the business multiple times, and went on a rage where he threw all his money away, I'd say he doesn't really care about the money.

RockChalk
09-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Haha, yeah, seemed very out of place...maybe on purpose. He might have been the only one not trying to hit anybody.

Why? He shot a young kid no problem. Doubt he'd have an issue shooting up a few DEA agents.

Buck
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Why? He shot a young kid no problem. Doubt he'd have an issue shooting up a few DEA agents.

Because he saw Walt pleading with them not to shoot.

RockChalk
09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Because he saw Walt pleading with them not to shoot.

I guess I didn't catch that Todd realized that. I think they (the aryans) could see he was yelling from the car, but it wasn't clear what he was saying. That's the way I took it anyways.

Buck
09-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I guess I didn't catch that Todd realized that. I think they (the aryans) could see he was yelling from the car, but it wasn't clear what he was saying. That's the way I took it anyways.

No, I don't think it is clear cut at all. That's just a possible theory.

Either that or just the actor had a hard time portraying the shoot out.

RockChalk
09-09-2013, 03:47 PM
No, I don't think it is clear cut at all. That's just a possible theory.

Either that or just the actor had a hard time portraying the shoot out.

I'll admit it was a strange shot of him. But he's kind of a goofy dude to begin with. Who knows?...definitely ready for next Sunday night though

Buck
09-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Aaaand, reddit delivers.

http://i.imgur.com/4pC0Imd.gif

notorious
09-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Walt is go to make a deal with the thugs to save Jesse's life,.

notorious
09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
When Todd was shooting his pistol it reminded me of the Harlem Nights scene with a
Arsenio Hall.

Chiefsfan12
09-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Walt is go to make a deal with the thugs to save Jesse's life,.

I like that idea for how much Walt loves Jesse. Key in the fact that Walt told Saul he was like family just before Jesse called. Jesse was trying to leave walts car, and I bet he goes for the pistol Walt dropped before he was arrested. No idea what he could do tho

sd4chiefs
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
https://medium.com/p/fed0d03ab4c0

How much money did Walter White make on Breaking Bad?

Saul’s bodyguard Huell said he gave Walt all his money stacked in seven 55 gallon barrels he bought at Home Depot.

7 barrels x 55 gallons = 1,457,383.54 cubic cm

A bill is 6.6294 cm wide x 15.5956 cm long x0.010922 cm thick = 1.12921979833008 cubic cm

# of bills = 1,457,383.54 / 1.12921979833008 = 1,290,611 bills

This is of course if the bills filled every bit of space in the barrels, but we can see that’s not true from the picture above. I’m going to guess a packing density of 90%, which would be 1,161,550 bills.

If all the bills were $100 bills, this would mean Walt has amassed about $116 million dollars.

However,from the picture above you can see that the bill types vary. I see a bunch of stacks of $50 bills, and bunch of $20s. The guess on denomination mix is obviously going to create the most variance on final answer. My best guess at the mix from the picture above is that it is half 50s and half 20s, which adds up to $40.65 million dollars.

Fire Me Boy!
09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I like that idea for how much Walt loves Jesse. Key in the fact that Walt told Saul he was like family just before Jesse called. Jesse was trying to leave walts car, and I bet he goes for the pistol Walt dropped before he was arrested. No idea what he could do tho

Don't think so. As soon as Hank put the cuffs on him you see Gomez walking with Walt's gun. He had walked over and picked up.

Lex Luthor
09-09-2013, 04:56 PM

I have to give you credit for being a big fan of the same show I'm a fan of, even though we see things 100% the opposite of each other.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Enlighten us, oh masterful Reaper.

Lex Luthor
09-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Hank is going to die, hence the "I love you' call.

I think you're right. And I think Marie may turn out to be the one who kills Walt in the finale because of it.

Reaper16
09-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Enlighten us, oh masterful Reaper.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meiws59Xon1qdpvjdo1_500.gif

The Franchise
09-09-2013, 05:44 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meiws59Xon1qdpvjdo1_500.gif

Watchmen rep.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Reaper ain't got nothin...

Mama Hip Rockets
09-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Yep. 9.8 out of 10 average rating. Such shit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2301449/

Mama Hip Rockets
09-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Krazy-8, Tuco, Mike, Jane, and Gale all show up in the next episode. I'm guessing desert hallucination from Walt.

Awesome.

notorious
09-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Hank and Gomey are dead, Walt and Jesse will be forced to cook meth again.

Things will come full circle. Jesse and Walt will have to team up to solve a final problem.

notorious
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Hell, the thugs might hold Jesse hostage to get Walt to cook for them. Walt got the M60 to save Jesse.

I love this show because the writers are creative and crazy enough to make anything happen.

Chiefsfan12
09-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Don't think so. As soon as Hank put the cuffs on him you see Gomez walking with Walt's gun. He had walked over and picked up.

Ah dam I missed that then. Either way I don't see Gomez or Hank getting out of this alive.

-King-
09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Dude are you serious? He was a meth manufacturer.

So? A lot of drug dealers don't actively try to kill people.

NewChief
09-09-2013, 06:34 PM

Lol

AussieChiefsFan
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Sometimes it feels like Walt go so incredibly unlucky with hank reading the book from Gale. But then I immediately start thinking about how much of a greedy son of a bitch Walt really is. He could have just taken the money and lived the rest of his life so many times its ridiculous.

Sorter
09-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Hank gets shot.

No longer crippled; turns into SuperHank. Destroys KKK and saves Walt, then beats him to death with some quartz.

Gomez dies, Hank pours one out for his Gomie.

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Sometimes it feels like Walt go so incredibly unlucky with hank reading the book from Gale. But then I immediately start thinking about how much of a greedy son of a bitch Walt really is. He could have just taken the money and lived the rest of his life so many times its ridiculous.

Walt's hubris was always going to be his downfall.

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Hank gets shot.

No longer crippled; turns into SuperHank. Destroys KKK and saves Walt, then beats him to death with some quartz.

Gomez dies, Hank pours one out for his Gomie.

Speaking of hubris, despite a humanizing character arc, Hank remains kind of a dick.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Hank is going to die, hence the "I love you' call.If Hank isn't already dead, something is wrong with this show.

chiefzilla1501
09-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Episode is entitled Ozymandias, after the Shelley poem, which is basically about empires falling and "pride before the fall." I don't think it's desert hallucinations. Seems to me like Walt's conscience starts to kick in after he loses somebody he's emotionally attached to. So far he hasn't lost anybody in this entire war.

Sorter
09-09-2013, 07:58 PM
RoboHank vs RoboDoakes?

"2 former officers of the law, crippled and mutilated finally lock horns in an epic battle for the ages"

(only on PPV for USD $79.99 in HD)

Skyy God
09-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Episode is entitled Ozymandias, after the Shelley poem, which is basically about empires falling and "pride before the fall." I don't think it's desert hallucinations. Seems to me like Walt's conscience starts to kick in after he loses somebody he's emotionally attached to. So far he hasn't lost anybody in this entire war.

All of the above referenced characters are dead, so hallucinations vs. regret tinged flashbacks is splitting hairs.

Demonpenz
09-09-2013, 11:04 PM
hanks going to go under the dome for protection

Lex Luthor
09-10-2013, 05:24 AM
One the one hand, I think Hank HAS TO BE DEAD. Nobody could survive the onslaught from the firepower of all of those automatic weapons.

On the other hand, if Hank is dead, who is going to chase Walt around for the last 3 episodes? Todd's uncle?

I suppose an angry and grieving Marie could be the one who writes "Heisenberg" on the wall of Walt's house. But in order for Walt's house to be fenced off as a crime scene, somebody must have survived the shootout and reported it. It sure as hell won't be Gomez. Jesse and Walt sure as hell aren't going to report it.

Therefore, Hank WILL survive.

cosmo20002
09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
One the one hand, I think Hank HAS TO BE DEAD. Nobody could survive the onslaught from the firepower of all of those automatic weapons.

On the other hand, if Hank is dead, who is going to chase Walt around for the last 3 episodes? Todd's uncle?

I suppose an angry and grieving Marie could be the one who writes "Heisenberg" on the wall of Walt's house. But in order for Walt's house to be fenced off as a crime scene, somebody must have survived the shootout and reported it. It sure as hell won't be Gomez. Jesse and Walt sure as hell aren't going to report it.

Therefore, Hank WILL survive.

Hard to imagine. Even if Walt were to try to intervene somehow and stop Uncle Jack from killing Hank, it's hard to imagine Uncle Jack & friends letting the federal agents they just shot at live.

My guess is Marie reports that Hank is missing and tells the feds what she knows. They fence off the house, launch a manhunt for Walt. Maybe it makes the news--which would explain the neighbor's reaction when she sees Walt in the flash forward.

keg in kc
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
There should be no way either Hank or Gomie live through that shootout.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-10-2013, 11:02 AM
I think Hank is dead just on the fact on the phone call he had with Marie. It was almost kind of a good bye type of phone call.

Lex Luthor
09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Hard to imagine. Even if Walt were to try to intervene somehow and stop Uncle Jack from killing Hank, it's hard to imagine Uncle Jack & friends letting the federal agents they just shot at live.

My guess is Marie reports that Hank is missing and tells the feds what she knows. They fence off the house, launch a manhunt for Walt. Maybe it makes the news--which would explain the neighbor's reaction when she sees Walt in the flash forward.

I must admit your theory makes more sense than mine.

frankotank
09-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Not all of it was self preservation. That's the difference. It has largely been a power grab.
Why did Walt kill all the snitches? Why did he call a hit on that helpless methed up couple in season 1 or 2?

He does it without flinching. Just as he didn't care when the kid got shot or when Jesses girlfriend died. Just as when he watches Jesses girlfriend die and does nothing to stop it. Just curious, what has Walt done in the entire series that is redeemable? I think hank has it right that Walt has destroyed everyone's life, but the one guy he has actually done some good for is Jesse.

he bought Flynn a badass car.
oh....AND he brought over pizza that one time. :D

frankotank
09-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Hopefully, Hank got his ass shot off.

no way.
he can't die until he brings down the dome.

frankotank
09-10-2013, 12:30 PM

I would also shoot the bad guys that have rifles and shotguns while screaming "JOO FOCKING COCK-A-ROASHES!"...but that's just me....

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 12:48 PM
You people are treating this TV Show like LeBron James. It's stunningly amazing, but because you've hyped each episode up so much in your minds, nothing is good enough. There was nothing hackneyed about that episode. If you're building to a climax you need conflict, and Walt isn't the tactical genius he's made out to be. He's far more Forrest Gump running his ass off whilst dodging every bullet in Indochina than he is Gary Kasparov.

allen_kcCard
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM
You people are treating this TV Show like LeBron James. It's stunningly amazing, but because you've hyped each episode up so much in your minds, nothing is good enough. There was nothing hackneyed about that episode. If you're building to a climax you need conflict, and Walt isn't the tactical genius he's made out to be. He's far more Forrest Gump running his ass off whilst dodging every bullet in Indochina than he is Gary Kasparov.

http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/image-files/forrest-gump-quotes-14.jpg

MahiMike
09-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Aaron Paul has done a tremendous job on the show, extremely underrated throughout the series.

Yeah, but his character is a pussy and kinda far fetched. Walt's crazy but more believable.

chiefzilla1501
09-10-2013, 01:02 PM

Great episode. But you have to admit, for a show that has been so perfectionist in its execution, the shootout in the last episode felt a little off. I get the flare for the dramatic, but odd to see a bunch of guys with terrible aim (some of them hitmen) shooting rounds of firearms without taking any kind of cover. Not a criticism by any stretch. Maybe there was symbolism around it. It just felt off to me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah, but his character is a pussy and kinda far fetched. Walt's crazy but more believable.

You thought Fight Club was about fighting, didn't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Great episode. But you have to admit, for a show that has been so perfectionist in its execution, the shootout in the last episode felt a little off. I get the flare for the dramatic, but odd to see a bunch of guys with terrible aim (some of them hitmen) shooting rounds of firearms without taking any kind of cover. Not a criticism by any stretch. Maybe there was symbolism around it. It just felt off to me.

Do five grams of fulminate of mercury cause the same level of carnage as a stick of dynamite? Is pure P2P crystal meth blue?

You can fill a prescription for pure methamphetamine at any pharmacy. It's called Desoxyn. Walt isn't some kind of meth wizard; any number of pharmaceutical grade factories can churn out product just as pure. Despite the breathless descriptions of his cooking, it really is just following a recipe within a controlled laboratory environment.

Why would anyone think that this show doesn't, and hasn't, taken extreme dramatic licenses already?

Yeah, it made little sense that a bunch of mechanics would miss from that distance, but it's far from the least likely occurrence on the show. Do you think someone is going to be able to fire an AA-12 with any accuracy from that distance?

They needed a cliffhanger, and since Danny Glover wasn't in the desert with a smoke grenade in his pocket to great a diversion for Riggs, they went with the next best alternative: inaccuracy at a standoff distance while being shot at.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Here's an example where a chemist (and the show's scientific adviser) talks about Walt's choice of disincorporation agent:

Despite its impressive resume as a tough solution, it wouldn’t have been the best option to dissolve a body. Typically, flesh is dissolved with a base, most commonly sodium hydroxide (lye), generally used in the disposal of road kill. This option would have been a lot safer to use to dissolve Emilio, too. Lye is a common clog remover in drains, so Jesse’s bathtub stunt would not have been so disastrous. It also would have been safer because the fumes are not nearly so toxic. Most household uses of hydrofluoric acid are diluted to 3 percent hydrofluoric acid in H2O, in order to make them safe for use. Sure, Jesse was wearing his mask when he began the reaction, but the fumes would have infiltrated the house, and would have damaged most exposed surfaces inside, by the time the acid had eaten through the tub.

cosmo20002
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Not all of it was self preservation. That's the difference. It has largely been a power grab.
Why did Walt kill all the snitches? Why did he call a hit on that helpless methed up couple in season 1 or 2?

He does it without flinching. Just as he didn't care when the kid got shot or when Jesses girlfriend died. Just as when he watches Jesses girlfriend die and does nothing to stop it. Just curious, what has Walt done in the entire series that is redeemable? I think hank has it right that Walt has destroyed everyone's life, but the one guy he has actually done some good for is Jesse.

Became a meth lord in order to provide for his family when he dies of cancer.
Paid for Hank's rehab. Of course, he had a role in Hank needing the rehab in the first place, but let's not get picky.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Sunday's episode reminded me of an inverted ROTJ. Luke implored Vader that he saw good in him, even when Vader didn't see it in himself. Jesse was convinced that Walt had no good in him whatsoever, but Walt calling off the hit because of Hank, and pleading with Jack to stand down, shows, that despite all his numerous flaws, there is still a vestige of humanity within Walt.

That doesn't make him a salvageable person, but it's not a Schwartz/White situation.

Buck
09-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Did anyone notice Marie was wearing black during the phone call? Weird. She normally wears purple.

cosmo20002
09-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Do five grams of fulminate of mercury cause the same level of carnage as a stick of dynamite? Is pure P2P crystal meth blue?

You can fill a prescription for pure methamphetamine at any pharmacy. It's called Desoxyn. Walt isn't some kind of meth wizard; any number of pharmaceutical grade factories can churn out product just as pure. Despite the breathless descriptions of his cooking, it really is just following a recipe within a controlled laboratory environment.

Why would anyone think that this show doesn't, and hasn't, taken extreme dramatic licenses already?

Yeah, it made little sense that a bunch of mechanics would miss from that distance, but it's far from the least likely occurrence on the show. Do you think someone is going to be able to fire an AA-12 with any accuracy from that distance?

They needed a cliffhanger, and since Danny Glover wasn't in the desert with a smoke grenade in his pocket to great a diversion for Riggs, they went with the next best alternative: inaccuracy at a standoff distance while being shot at.

Not being able to hit a fairly easy target, even with continuous fire from a machine gun, is pretty much a TV show and movie staple. Amazing how the bullets hit the ground, a railing, or any other number of things surrounding the guy being shot at. And no matter what the target is standing behind, it is always strong enough to stop a bullet.

Baby Lee
09-10-2013, 01:45 PM
With the recent questions regarding mercury fulminate and body dissolving, etc. some need to watch the Mythbusters Breaking Bad episode.

all were debunked, though an iteration of the bath tub scene with LOTS of very strong acid created one hell of a funeral pyre

MahiMike
09-10-2013, 01:49 PM
To reignite the Skyler debate, I just saw this on Facebook:

https://sphotos-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p75x225/1001280_513202862093003_944112294_n.jpg

Perfect.

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Not being able to hit a fairly easy target, even with continuous fire from a machine gun, is pretty much a TV show and movie staple. Amazing how the bullets hit the ground, a railing, or any other number of things surrounding the guy being shot at. And no matter what the target is standing behind, it is always strong enough to stop a bullet.I simply don't think Vince is that stupid/cliche, nor do I think that he thinks his audience is. He wouldn't do the "shootout where the bullets miss"; he'd do the one where Hank is hit immediately and dies, unless there is a specific reason that he wasn't being targeted.

If Hank lives, it's because he wasn't actually in the crosshairs. Otherwise, Fonzie will have strapped this show to his bike and just left the ramp, IMO.

MahiMike
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Marie and Hank got to say 'I love you' one last time. sweet touch

Yeah, I knew when they were focusing on that it was the end for Hank. Plus, it was almost Batman like where that he's telling her "I got him!" before he's even in jail.

cosmo20002
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I simply don't think Vince is that stupid/cliche, nor do I think that he thinks his audience is. He wouldn't do the "shootout where the bullets miss"; he'd do the one where Hank is hit immediately and dies, unless there is a specific reason that he wasn't being targeted.

If Hank lives, it's because he wasn't actually in the crosshairs. Otherwise, Fonzie will have strapped this show to his bike and just left the ramp, IMO.

There have already been comments that in the last of scene when the shootout started, there were a hell of a lot of bullets flying, but no one had been shot.

MahiMike
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Did Jesse slip away?

No way. The Pink Bear has spoken.

Lex Luthor
09-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I simply don't think Vince is that stupid/cliche, nor do I think that he thinks his audience is. He wouldn't do the "shootout where the bullets miss"; he'd do the one where Hank is hit immediately and dies, unless there is a specific reason that he wasn't being targeted.

I think Hank will be hit, and he'll be lying on the ground, writhing in pain and at the mercy of Jack and his gang. Breaking Bad's writers like to foreshadow things. This has been foreshadowed a couple of times already: in the scene about a month ago when Jack's gang massacred the other meth group and their leader was lying on the ground before Jack finished him off, and in the scene a few seasons ago when Hank was lying on the ground about to get his head chopped off by one of the Mexican hit men.

The question is, will Walt somehow intervene and save him? As Cosmo mentioned, it's hard to believe Jack and his gang would spare the life of a DEA agent they were just shooting hundreds of rounds at.

I'm starting to think Hank is a goner.

dlphg9
09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't know how it would be possible for Walt to intervene. There is nothing he can do.

loochy
09-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Here's an example where a chemist (and the show's scientific adviser) talks about Walt's choice of disincorporation agent:

Despite its impressive resume as a tough solution, it wouldn’t have been the best option to dissolve a body. Typically, flesh is dissolved with a base, most commonly sodium hydroxide (lye), generally used in the disposal of road kill. This option would have been a lot safer to use to dissolve Emilio, too. Lye is a common clog remover in drains, so Jesse’s bathtub stunt would not have been so disastrous. It also would have been safer because the fumes are not nearly so toxic. Most household uses of hydrofluoric acid are diluted to 3 percent hydrofluoric acid in H2O, in order to make them safe for use. Sure, Jesse was wearing his mask when he began the reaction, but the fumes would have infiltrated the house, and would have damaged most exposed surfaces inside, by the time the acid had eaten through the tub.

they did this, and the mercury fulminate explosion, on mythbusters a few weeks ago.

they were both debunked

Reaper16
09-10-2013, 03:01 PM
The show has gotten increasingly pulpy on purpose, guys. Remember, Vince Gilligan's intention has always been to "turn Mr. Chips into Scarface." The show has become more like a traditional crime film -- with bullets flying and train heists and bombings and etc. since season 4.

I too think that Hank and Gomez must be dead, but I take no issue with the firefight. This show has been trending unrealistic for years and, as Hamas established, was never the most realistic show to begin with.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2013, 03:10 PM
they did this, and the mercury fulminate explosion, on mythbusters a few weeks ago.

they were both debunked

There may be a reason they're not giving people the correct answers of 'how to best dissolve a body' or 'how to create an explosion' on a TV show.

keg in kc
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
There have already been comments that in the last of scene when the shootout started, there were a hell of a lot of bullets flying, but no one had been shot.I was thinking earlier that I can't imagine how either/both Jesse and/or Walt don't catch strays, too.

SLAG
09-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok I think I figured it out:

Hank / Gomez/ Jessie all die...

Walt turns DVD confession to DEA... wears a wire to pickup the gun - and then deliver it to Uncle Jak and gets total immunity - keeps his money ... Dies of cancer

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Ok I think I figured it out:

Hank / Gomez/ Jessie all die...

Walt turns DVD confession to DEA... wears a wire to pickup the gun - and then deliver it to Uncle Jak and gets total immunity - keeps his money ... Dies of cancer

Why would he deliver an M60 to a guy whose gang had an AA-12? The latter is harder to obtain than the former.

ChiefsFanatic
09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't know how it would be possible for Walt to intervene. There is nothing he can do.

He has what they want. He has the knowledge and ability to cook pure meth which is blue in color.

kysirsoze
09-10-2013, 04:29 PM
He has what they want. He has the knowledge and ability to cook pure meth which is blue in color.

Yeah... They're still not going to let a DEA agent they tried to kill walk away being able to identify them. Without outside intervention, those two are dead.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Expensive, but the 55 hours of bonus footage and other goodies might be worth it to some.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EEDNA4M/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0YEM95EHFSX47T53E860&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Fire Me Boy!
09-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Did anyone notice Marie was wearing black during the phone call? Weird. She normally wears purple.

She's been wearing black since Hank told her about Walt.

NewChief
09-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Here's a long Q&A with her, originally printed in the Scientific American:
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/22/so_what_if_pure_meth_isnt_really_blue_partner/print
Breaking Bad” gets meth wrong
The series' science consultant explains why pure meth isn't really blue -- and why it doesn't matter
By Gary Stix
norris_cranston_breaking_bad

(Credit: Frank Ockenfels/AMC)
This article was originally published by Scientific American.

Scientific American Since 1983, Donna J. Nelson has taught some 10,000 students as a professor of organic chemistry at the University of Oklahoma. Her research extends to characterizing carbon nanotubes and examining carbon–carbon double bonds every which way and even promoting chemistry education as a means to increase the number of chemists and chemical engineers in the workforce.

On her 31-page, single-spaced CV, one item that leaps out is the notation of her role as a science consultant to the smashingly popular cable TV show Breaking Bad. Nelson decided to help the show’s writers when she read in Chemical & Engineering News that they were looking for expertise to ensure accuracy of the dialogue and plot devices related to chemistry. Since then she has gone on to suss out answers to questions such as how much meth you could synthesize with 30 gallons of methylamine using the P2P meth recipe.

[An edited transcript of the interview follows.]

Scientists often criticize the way that their various disciplines are depicted in popular media. How does Breaking Bad stand up as far as that goes?

I have heard people at professional meetings, such as AAAS [American Association for the Advancement of Science], who were in symposia about taking science to the public. They did not know that I was in the room and they would start talking aboutBreaking Bad. They asked one of the speakers what was going on with the show because it seems to get the science right, disproving the myth that it’s impossible to get the science right and still have an interesting show.

Can you give me an example of where your input has had an impact on the show?

In season 4, episode 1, there’s a lot of dialogue about enantiomers and diastereomers and how a reaction creates chiral centers, things like that. I did work with them on that scene. It’s where Walt is really trying to impress people, telling them that they’re not going to be able do the synthesis without him and his knowledge.

Anything else?

One thing I thought was sort of humorous was when I was to talking to them about methylamine and I said when you use that precursor—and the writers stopped me and said, “Precursor? What’s a precursor?” And if you notice they now they throw that word in all the time.

Another suggestion I made was when Walt was teaching high school and there was a scene on alkenes. They asked is there anything that Walt would write on the board. I told them I could send a drawing of alkenes and that is indeed what’s on the board. The alkenes are missing a couple of hydrogens but otherwise they did a pretty good job of drawing them.

Didn’t they ask you to calculate the exact yield you get from 30 gallons of methylamine using the P2P method of synthesizing meth?

The story behind that is that the first step in the synthesis is pretty much the same in any P2P method. Step two, the reduction step, can vary from one synthesis to another, and there’s a lot of differences in the reducing agents. And so I said, I don’t know what reagent you want. They said to send them a list, and they liked the one that was aluminum–mercury because it would be easier for the actors to say those words. I looked at the other reducing agents and they would, indeed, have been difficult for the actors to the say on the air.

That’s another example of where I let them be boss. I wouldn’t go back to them and suggest another reagent because it might be safer, cheaper or have a higher yield, I just said “yes sir.”

That reagent turned out to be obscure, and I had to go to a German patent from the 1950s to get the information to make the calculation. Fortunately, when I was a graduate student, I had taken German. So I was able to get back to them and tell them the quantity of meth produced, in pounds. So it worked out, but it was a little trouble.

A lot of people harp on the fact that meth would not really be blue, the way Walt’s supposedly hyperpure meth is. Did you talk to them about that?

When advising them I didn’t run into the lab to try to reproduce these syntheses. I can only draw on my own experience as an organic chemist making crystals, I did one time make one compound with huge needles, similar to what they show in Breaking Bad. That was 9-Borabicyclo[3.3.1]nonane. Some people call it “banana borane.” I used that when I was a postdoc with H. C. Brown [a 1979 Nobel chemistry laureate] at Purdue. I was usually able to get it very, very pure just like Walt was able to get his very pure. If these large needles are really pure, they are colorless. But when I looked at them closely, it was almost as if they had a slight bluish tinge.

What Walt is supposedly synthesizing is powder blue. I can tell you the pure crystals I made never looked anything like that. I don’t think that’s realistic. but it’s part of artistic license that we must allow allow creative artists to have. I think it was just meant to be Walt’s trademark. There are times I think people try to make too much of these details as if Breaking Bad were a science education show. That perhaps is one time in which we just need to let the writers have a little bit of artistic license and let them go with it. Overall, I was not uncomfortable with the way they showed things because of my own experiences.

Were there things changed to ensure that you wouldn’t teach people how to make meth?

I’m sure there were. Vince [Gilligan, the show’s creator and producer] had DEA [U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration] agents advising the show and checking everything written. The DEA helped to ensure that certain critical steps were omitted and that everything in this regard was kept legal. That was very smart of Vince. That ensured that any complaints they received could be referred to the DEA.

How did you get involved with the show?

During Breaking Bad season 1, Chemical & Engineering News—an American Chemical Society magazine—interviewed Vince. He said his writers had no scientific background and he would welcome constructive comments from chemically inclined people. I recognized this as an opportunity to help the show and the public, as well as an opportunity to do something really fun. I volunteered to help, and Vince took me up on the offer.

Do you think Breaking Bad has fostered interest in science?

I think it has. My students will say that they just love that show and that they’re so interested in science now. Previously, very few students would come up and talk enthusiastically about chemistry, and now they do.

Did the chemistry-related theme, making meth, ever give you pause?

I hadn’t seen the show before when I read an interview with Vince Gilligan in Chemical & Engineering News. So before deciding to offer to help, I watched season 1, and I saw it show Walt getting beaten up and dragged through the sand. At that point, I realized that no kid watching this would want this as a lifestyle, so I decided I could volunteer as an adviser with a clear conscience.

Gary Stix

The Franchise
09-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Expensive, but the 55 hours of bonus footage and other goodies might be worth it to some.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EEDNA4M/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0YEM95EHFSX47T53E860&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I want that shit for the apron.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-10-2013, 09:58 PM
no way.
he can't die until he brings down the dome.

Walt will be scarred and changed forever by his actions, but the one thing he won't be is arrested.

I guaran-fucking-tee it.

AussieChiefsFan
09-11-2013, 02:18 AM
I think Hank is dead just on the fact on the phone call he had with Marie. It was almost kind of a good bye type of phone call.

That's what they're making it look like, but I don't see hank not making to the end. But hey, anything can happen.

mdchiefsfan
09-11-2013, 03:09 AM

It seems to be a constant on AMC. The Walking Dead prison scene comes to mind with the Governor and his men blasting for 10 minutes only to hit nothing and leave.

Lex Luthor
09-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Walt will be scarred and changed forever by his actions, but the one thing he won't be is arrested.

I guaran-****ing-tee it.

So when Hank put the handcuffs on him and Mirandized him, what was that?

He may never be booked and charged with a crime, but he's already been arrested.

MahiMike
09-11-2013, 05:40 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415463/Outrage-toy-company-creates-crystal-meth-lab-children-Breaking-Bad-play-sets.html?ICO=most_read_module

I want one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 06:32 AM
So when Hank put the handcuffs on him and Mirandized him, what was that?

He may never be booked and charged with a crime, but he's already been arrested.

Technicalities. Herp.

Lex Luthor
09-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Technicalities. Herp.

Sucks to be wrong again, doesn't it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Sucks to be wrong again, doesn't it?

:whackit::spock:

teedubya
09-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Made this Vine after seeing 0509 last night...

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/h1FriHTVK9D/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

frankotank
09-11-2013, 01:36 PM

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/concealed-carry-discussion/7969d1354320501-what-most-friendly-state-conceled-carry-448x249px-ll-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg

Mojo Rising
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
They just Green lit "Better Call Saul" as a pre-quel. Does that mean he gets killed?

My guess is Hank and Gomez get's killed, Jesse escapes and vandalizes Walt's house.

Walt goes into hiding from the Aryans who want him to cook.

The ricin foreshadowing is interesting though in that whomever it is intended for must be close to Walt so it can be used.

Also, the bacon theory is either foreshadowing Skyler's death or is demonstrating the breakdown of their relationship.

At 50 Skyler makes the bacon 50. At 51 Walt has to ask her to do it. She does reluctantly and was going to leave it with an incomplete 1. At 52 he does his own bacon.

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
They just Green lit "Better Call Saul" as a pre-quel. Does that mean he gets killed?

Doesn't mean that at all, just that it occurs before the events of BB, before he becomes full-blown crime lord attorney.

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2013, 02:05 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/duKL2dAJN6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

teedubya
09-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I've finally caught up... holy shit.

One of the most amazing television experiences that I've ever enjoyed.

KcMizzou
09-13-2013, 07:03 PM
From Aaron Paul's Instagram (via Reddit)

http://i.imgur.com/LulNvhQ.jpg

teedubya
09-13-2013, 07:06 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/9/12/14/enhanced-buzz-3780-1379012177-14.jpg

KcMizzou
09-13-2013, 07:07 PM
LMAO nice.

BigBeauford
09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/duKL2dAJN6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy doing hank had his manerisms down perfectly.

NewChief
09-13-2013, 07:27 PM
From Aaron Paul's Instagram (via Reddit)

http://i.imgur.com/LulNvhQ.jpg

I hope a tell all behind the scenes book comes out at some point. This geoup's chemistry is fantastic, and there have to be some great stories there.

KcMizzou
09-13-2013, 07:43 PM
I hope a tell all behind the scenes book comes out at some point. This geoup's chemistry is fantastic, and there have to be some great stories there.They do seem like they have a hell of a lot of fun working together.

teedubya
09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
The only shows that I've ever been guilty of binge watching... EVER... was Arrested Development and Breaking Bad.

Sorter
09-13-2013, 11:15 PM
http://i.minus.com/i8ulGiUYuZpc1.gif

mdchiefsfan
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
The guy doing hank had his manerisms down perfectly.

This

Sandy Vagina
09-14-2013, 08:25 AM
The only shows that I've ever been guilty of binge watching... EVER... was Arrested Development and Breaking Bad.

well.. you have some good taste there. :D

Sandy Vagina
09-14-2013, 08:28 AM
so, who survives that desert shoot-out? hard to believe Hank and Gomez have any prayer... Walt likely insists on Jesse living.. again. :hmmm:

teedubya
09-14-2013, 08:34 AM
so, who survives that desert shoot-out? hard to believe Hank and Gomez have any prayer... Walt likely insists on Jesse living.. again. :hmmm:

Well, we know that Walt makes it out... I'm pretty sure that either Hank or Gomez go down... probably both of them. I think Jesse goes down or gets injured, as well.

Walt should have converted some of his fat stacks of cash, yo, into gold bars. :-)

teedubya
09-14-2013, 08:36 AM
“Breaking Bad” is careening toward the climax to end all climaxes. Vincent Gilligan, the creator of AMC’s stunning hit drama series, says this weekend’s episode will be even better than the last one. Yes, this is some of the best television ever made.

But as I have watched the downward spiral of protagonist Walter White, the high-school chemistry teacher turned drug lord played by Bryan Cranston, I’ve had one big thought at the back of my mind.

Doesn’t anybody here know how to launder money properly?

Walt hires attorney Saul “Better Call Saul” (Bob Odenkirk) because, in the words of his former partner Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), “You don’t need a criminal lawyer... you need a ‘criminal’ lawyer.”

Hey, Walt! You need a “criminal” financial advisor too! Just the right person, with just the right touch, could have saved you a lot of problems.

Over the course of six seasons, we’ve watched White ratchet slowly downward, from an average man desperately trying to protect his family to a ruthless sociopath who will stop at almost nothing. Each turn of the screw has been driven by necessity, of a sort, as White has resorted to ever-more-desperate measures to undo the damage caused by the previous desperate measures. (Spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen the episode that debuted Sept. 8, don’t read on till you have—I’ll reveal what happens.)

But most of White’s problems haven’t been caused by the difficulty of cooking crystal meth to 99% purity, or even by whacking his enemies.

They’ve been caused by his inability to launder the money he’s made.

It was the need to do that which led Walt and his wife Skyler to buy the carwash.

It was the purchase of the carwash that forced them to reveal their wealth to others, creating the opportunity for them, later, to become suspicious.

It was the need to keep away the IRS that caused Skyler to blow all that money covering her former boss and lover’s fraud... which in turn led Walt back into the meth business.

And it was Walter’s decision to bury his cash in the desert that allowed Hank, his brother-in-law and an agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration, and Jesse, his former partner, to spring a trap on him in last week’s episode.

It was trying to protect that money that left Walt, at the end of last week’s episode, cowering in the bottom of his brother-in-law’s SUV while bullets rained around him.

Walt: None of this had to happen.

Forget Saul. Better call Brett! My fees are reasonable and my advice is impeccable.

In a nutshell, Walt: Haven’t you ever heard of gold bullion?

I watched in disbelief as Walt dug his giant hole in the desert and buried seven 55-gallon drums full of cash.

We weren’t told how much money it was, but blogger James Hong estimates it comes to around $40 million.

Cash? Seriously?

Greenbacks are physically impermanent. They are vulnerable to things like fire—as Walt realized last episode. They are also vulnerable to inflation, a phenomenon the government is determined to create.

At 2% inflation, the current rate, $40 million loses $800,000 in purchasing power just in its first year. Over 20 years it will lose a third of its value. And that’s assuming inflation stays at a modest 2%.

Walt, you are the best argument for gold—plus silver, and platinum—I have seen in a long, long time.

Bullion is one financial asset that requires no identification. It has no nationality and no records. It would seem tailor made for money laundering.

Oh—and it doesn’t burn.

Yes, gold bullion has come tumbling down in price in the last two years—from more than $1,900 an ounce at the peak to around $1,360 currently. But that’s after soaring from a low of around $250 over the previous 11 years. Presumably it will continue to be volatile. But the risks and costs of gold, for Walter White, pale compared with the alternatives.

To launder his money, Walt could have walked into gold dealerships in Albuquerque, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas and Los Angeles and purchased bars of bullion—gold, silver and platinum. For cash.

Sure, he’d have to do it in stages, over time, to avoid arousing attention. But isn’t this easier than buying a carwash?

(He also could have bought rare stamps, rare baseball cards, other collectibles, and cut diamonds. But bullion’s the easiest.)

Also see: How ‘Breaking Bad’ is bad for meth dealers

Then when he wanted money to spend, he could have cashed out some of his gold, and declared a capital gain on his tax return. He’d have just looked like a brilliant investor.

The only people who would have seen his gains would have been the IRS. And as long as he was paying taxes on his gains, would they have really cared about anything else?

Gold isn’t just helpful for laundering money. It’s also great for storage—the cause of Walt’s latest problems.

That $40 million would have bought about 21,000 pounds of gold at current prices. He could have buried it very easily in a dozen different places, and never worried about Jesse setting it on fire.

Okay, so I’m just having fun. No, I’m not going into the money-laundering business. But there is a (slightly) serious side to this.

While bullion has fallen out of favor of late, those who say gold and silver and platinum are completely useless financial investments are missing one key point. These are, today, among the few assets which give you complete privacy and anonymity.

In an era of growing federal regulation and intrusion, it’s not just drug dealers who might like a little more privacy. It might just be anybody who believes in personal freedom.

Bullion may underperform equities over time, but if I were Walter White I would hold a lot of my money as bullion, not cash.

Even if Jesse Pinkman doesn’t burn your cash, over time inflation will.

Brett Arends is a MarketWatch columnist. Follow him on Twitter @BrettArends.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/financial-advice-for-walter-white-2013-09-12

Sandy Vagina
09-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Well, we know that Walt makes it out... I'm pretty sure that either Hank or Gomez go down... probably both of them. I think Jesse goes down or gets injured, as well.

Walt should have converted some of his fat stacks of cash, yo, into gold bars. :-)

yeah, you'd think that he would have made other arrangements vs the simpleton approach of having stacks of cash piled up... There was no doubt that Todd's people would show up as they did... otherwise, all game over. Somehow, I found myself in Walt's corner in that episode.. where I was more on Jesse's just before. ****ing hate RATS. It isn't as if Walt was going to kill Brock. :doh!:

MTG#10
09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Im sure this has already been discussed but I cant find it...someone please explain how Jesse knew Walt poisoned Brock just because his weed was gone. Ive watched every episode of every season but I must have missed something somewhere.

The only thing I can think of is it may have something to do with Jesse "losing" the ricin awhile back and Huell pickpocketing him? If that's the case I still dont understand how that made him so sure.

mdchiefsfan
09-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Im sure this has already been discussed but I cant find it...someone please explain how Jesse knew Walt poisoned Brock just because his weed was gone. Ive watched every episode of every season but I must have missed something somewhere.

The only thing I can think of is it may have something to do with Jesse "losing" the ricin awhile back and Huell pickpocketing him? If that's the case I still dont understand how that made him so sure.

Basically, Jesse was smoking weed in Saul's office. He wasn't allowed to have that weed on him if he was going to be picked up by Saul's guy. Jesse wouldn't hand the weed over so Saul had Huell lift it off of him, like he had Huell lift the ricin; to poison Brock. When Jesse was on the side of the road and looked for the weed in his pocket, his realization that Huell lifted it brought everything into perspective for him.

MTG#10
09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought, but still seems strange that made him so sure of it he'd immediately go try to burn Walt's house down.

My thoughts on Jesse have been a complete roller-coaster. First season he was an annoying little punk, then he grew on me and became one of my favorite characters, and now he's an annoying little bitch again.

Baby Lee
09-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought, but still seems strange that made him so sure of it he'd immediately go try to burn Walt's house down.

My thoughts on Jesse have been a complete roller-coaster. First season he was an annoying little punk, then he grew on me and became one of my favorite characters, and now he's an annoying little bitch again.

There was the small matter of Saul copping to it as Jesse whupped on him in between there.

kysirsoze
09-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I hope a tell all behind the scenes book comes out at some point. This geoup's chemistry is fantastic, and there have to be some great stories there.

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean)-l.png

MTG#10
09-14-2013, 03:22 PM
There was the small matter of Saul copping to it as Jesse whupped on him in between there.Oh yeah...its been a long day

cosmo20002
09-14-2013, 06:12 PM

Yeah, I went on about this after that episode. I think it is fine that Jesse figured out that Huell lifted it, but that doesn't automatically mean Walt poisoned Brock--because Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin and Jesse knows that.

cosmo20002
09-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Basically, Jesse was smoking weed in Saul's office. He wasn't allowed to have that weed on him if he was going to be picked up by Saul's guy. Jesse wouldn't hand the weed over so Saul had Huell lift it off of him, like he had Huell lift the ricin; to poison Brock. When Jesse was on the side of the road and looked for the weed in his pocket, his realization that Huell lifted it brought everything into perspective for him.

Um, except that Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin. And Jesse KNOWS Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin--the doctors told him it wasn't ricin.

Fire Me Boy!
09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
It's not about Brock being poisoned with ricin. It's that Jesse knows Walt (via Huell) lifted the ricin, therefore he KNOWS it couldn't have been the ricin, yet he led Jesse to believe it was his (Jesse's) fault Brock almost died. He played him AGAIN, then staged a moment so they could find the ricin together.

Reaper16
09-14-2013, 06:29 PM
It's not about Brock being poisoned with ricin. It's that Jesse knows Walt (via Huell) lifted the ricin, therefore he KNOWS it couldn't have been the ricin, yet he led Jesse to believe it was his (Jesse's) fault Brock almost died. He played him AGAIN, then staged a moment so they could find the ricin together.

Bingo. Which, naturally, leads Jesse to consider that Walt would only go through all of that manipulation if he was behind Brock's poisoning (with Lily of the Valley).

cosmo20002
09-14-2013, 11:03 PM

Bingo. Which, naturally, leads Jesse to consider that Walt would only go through all of that manipulation if he was behind Brock's poisoning (with Lily of the Valley).

I just think they really stretched to figure out a way to have Jesse turn on Walt. And part of the stretch was having Jesse KNOW that Walt poisoned Brock even though Brock's illness had nothing to do with ricin.

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I just think they really stretched to figure out a way to have Jesse turn on Walt. And part of the stretch was having Jesse KNOW that Walt poisoned Brock even though Brock's illness had nothing to do with ricin.

It's really not a stretch if you one uses pretty simple deductive reasoning.

Brock's illness mimicked ricin poisoning. Perhaps you would chalk that up to coincidence, but Jesse didn't.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2013, 12:17 PM
If Vince has BB jump the shark and Hank is still alive, I could see Walt saving him. As Todd et al. come to finish Hank off, Walt steps in and refuses to cook unless Hank lives.

Of course, Hank should already be dead. There isn't much question about that.

Reaper16
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM

If you think that then you actually didn't read the two posts that you quoted.

jet62
09-15-2013, 02:23 PM
If Vince has BB jump the shark and Hank is still alive, I could see Walt saving him. As Todd et al. come to finish Hank off, Walt steps in and refuses to cook unless Hank lives.

Of course, Hank should already be dead. There isn't much question about that.

Uncle Jack and the boys missed for a reason. I think it was suppressing fire meant to get Gomez and Hank to run out of ammo. Hank and Gomez will have to surrender and Jack can figure out what is going on. Once that happens, he will execute Hank and Gomez right on the spot.

siberian khatru
09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

JoeyChuckles
09-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Hmmmmmmm...... who am I rooting for in this show right now?

NewChief
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
This episode is dark dark dark. Wow.

siberian khatru
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Schraderbrau is now a collector's item

NewChief
09-15-2013, 07:43 PM
And skyler dumb bitches it up again.

JoeyChuckles
09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Watching this episode feels like a Chiefs game from 2012.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 07:52 PM

Unbelievable episode. So good and so heartwrenching at same time.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 07:53 PM
And skyler dumb bitches it up again.

uhhhh..

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
My wife is in tears over this episode.. what?

Demonpenz
09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
show is lame....hope everyone dies.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
JESUS ****ING CHRIST THIS SHOW.. I know we'll likely get some smug or pugnacious sermon from Reaper about why this episode wasn't as good as we all think, but my God that was an incredible hour.

siberian khatru
09-15-2013, 08:03 PM
That may have been the most intense hour of TV I've ever seen

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
JESUS ****ING CHRIST THIS SHOW.. I know we'll likely get some smug or pugnacious sermon from Reaper about why this episode wasn't as good as we all think, but my God that was an incredible hour.

Reaper has been defending the show from the recent detractors. I don't think he's going to hate on this episode.

Dante84
Walt had to make them hate him. That was so hard for him to do.... that part was tough to watch.

NewChief

That was pretty much verbatim my Facebook post.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Walt had to make them hate him. That was so hard for him to do.... that part was tough to watch.

Yup. Clearly trying to save his family from being implicated.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Reaper has been defending the show from the recent detractors. I don't think he's going to hate on this episode.

I think I misunderstood the "there are a lot of stupid people here" statement, then.

Dante84
09-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Yup. Clearly trying to save his family from being implicated.

I hope Skylar picked up on that.... I think she did.

Demonpenz
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Sons of anarbreaking bad

siberian khatru
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I hope Skylar picked up on that.... I think she did.

I think she did too

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Smokescreen for his family or not, I hope this finally puts to bed any vestiges of "rooting for Walt". What a fucking cunt.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
I think I misunderstood the "there are a lot of stupid people here" statement, then.

His "stupid people" statement (as I read it) was to those people talking about how Walt and Jesse's actions haven't been realistic lately.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Smokescreen for his family or not, I hope this finally puts to bed any vestiges of "rooting for Walt". What a ****ing ****.

The initial direction of that episode was unfortunate, but it almost played out as a giant middle finger from Gilligan. The aryans complying with Walt's "no family" cop-out would've been a really predictable direction, and this show has never really taken the easy route. Teasing as much was like Vince was saying "I could, but I won't."

NewChief
Smokescreen for his family or not, I hope this finally puts to bed any vestiges of "rooting for Walt". What a ****ing ****.

No shit. Pure freaking evil... though I think he's going to strive for redemption from here out. My (rather obvious) guess is that the machine gun is to try to rescue Jessie from AB.

Zebedee DuBois
At least Walt did the decent thing and cleared Skyler. -but man! he gots the hates for Jesse.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:20 PM
His "stupid people" statement (as I read it) was to those people talking about how Walt and Jesse's actions haven't been realistic lately.

Fair enough. I was wrong.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:21 PM
No shit. Pure freaking evil... though I think he's going to strive for redemption from here out. My (rather obvious) guess is that the machine gun is to try to rescue Jessie from AB.

God, I hope not. It wasn't Walt who stopped Pinkman's execution early in this previous episode, so I certainly hope they don't play the "then it was for Walt's real family, now Pinkman's the only family he has left" route.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
The initial direction of that episode was unfortunate, but it almost played out as a giant middle finger from Gilligan. The aryans complying with Walt's "no family" cop-out would've been a really predictable direction, and this show has never really taken the easy route. Teasing as much was like Vince was saying "I could, but I won't."

It was masterful in that, by delaying it, they made it more impactful and gave Hank the ending he deserved.

Just cutting to Hank and Gomie both being dead at the beginning of the episode wouldn't have had nearly the effect.

Zebedee DuBois
09-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Todd is such a psychopath! He goes around being normal for long periods, and then -'eww' he ain't right.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
It was masterful in that, by delaying it, they made it more impactful and gave Hank the ending he deserved.

Just cutting to Hank and Gomie both being dead at the beginning of the episode wouldn't have had nearly the effect.

And it provided a perfect opportunity to reiterate that Walt was always something of an outsider in the DEA-cartel chess game. Both Hank and Uncle Himmler knew the score, and both knew Walt's opportunity to negotiate was a stupid, useless error

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
God, I hope not. It wasn't Walt who stopped Pinkman's execution early in this previous episode, so I certainly hope they don't play the "then it was for Walt's real family, now Pinkman's the only family he has left" route.

He's clearly feeling remorse at this point and realizing how horribly he's ****ed up (since he cleared his family and left Holly to be found at the fire station). I don't see it as a huge stretch for even more passage of time making him want to right the wrongs of his last few days.

Not saying I like it.. but I think that's the predictable route. But Gilligan isn't predictable, so I really hope I'm wrong and something unexpected happens.

On top of that, he just supplied a white supremacist organization with millions of dollars in cash which may or may not play on his conscience even more as it goes on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 08:26 PM

The episode was excellent in its ability to evoke pathos. I'm disappointed that they didn't show Gomie's death, as I feel that his character deserved the act of witness.

And Walt does need to rescue Jessie, but doing should grant him no redemption or clemency, although I'm sure the audience will be willing to grant it.

On another note, Jr's reaction struck me as a railroad spike in the coffin of Skyler's tactical stupidity. She's not just a coward, but a fool, like her husband.

cosmo20002
09-15-2013, 08:29 PM

The opening scene was unneeded filler, but the rest, yeah--intense.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
The opening scene was unneeded filler, but the rest, yeah--intense.

Yeah. I can't believe how much freaking ground the covered in that episode considering the opening scene advanced nothing.

cosmo20002
09-15-2013, 08:32 PM

I think it is to rescue his money. Or at least punish them for taking it.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:35 PM

I don't know. I think Walt has "broken" at this point, realized it, and the rest of his life is an unsuccessful attempt to find redemption. In other words, I don't think that greed will be his motivating factor any longer. I could be misreading, though.

ragedogg69
09-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I just love how calculated walt is. Taking Holly, the phone call and then giving Holly to the FD. Not mentioning the Nazis. All to save his family.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 08:36 PM

That money will have been long gone and dispersed by then. And if he wants to punish them for taking it, he should save the first bullet for himself. What kind of a fucking moron would ever trust that an Aryan Brotherhood boss wouldn't just fuck him over at his earliest convenience?

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I just love how calculated walt is. Taking Holly, the phone call and then giving Holly to the FD. Not mentioning the Nazis. All to save his family.

Yes. But he completely shit his pants at the critical juncture with the AB. As soon as he mentioned the money out there, it was as good as gone. He's lucky Jack didn't take it all and leave him in the hole with Gomey and Hank.

I also don't think taking Holly was calculated. That was panicking Walt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 08:38 PM

The guy who gave up about $68 million in an attempt to convince a two-bit thug not to kill a federal agent whom his gang had already shot is calculated?

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Have you ever seen a penny in a gravity well? The last two episodes have been Walt in the accelerated spiral leading to his final break. He's now done and dropped through the other side, imo.

Zebedee DuBois
09-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Baby Holly finally gets some actual face time on screen - and delivers her lines perfectly!

cosmo20002
09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
That money will have been long gone and dispersed by then. And if he wants to punish them for taking it, he should save the first bullet for himself. What kind of a ****ing moron would ever trust that an Aryan Brotherhood boss wouldn't just **** him over at his earliest convenience?

No honor among thieves, but he never planned on letting them know exactly where the money was. He's just gotta really be pissed they just stole it from him.

Although I'm not really sure why Jack would be so generous as to leave him a barrel. I know he said it was because of Todd, but still, I'm sure sociopath Todd would get over it if Jack put Walt in that hole and kept the extra $10M.

I think the ricin is for Walt.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I also don't think taking Holly was calculated. That was panicking Walt.

Exactly. Cunning≠calculated.

I just don't see how this show can sell Walt rescuing Jesse, figuring that Walt nodded approval for his execution, and only once he was aware that Jesse wouldnt' die that day, then threw salt on the wound by telling him about Jane. When he did that, I got really upset, and I'm almost never the type to react emotionally to a TV show. What a great scene and episode.

ragedogg69
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I never said walt was calculated in the desert. He was desperately trying to keep Hank alive. Once Flynn called the police, I think the gears in his head started working.

cosmo20002
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM

I think he probably stormed out and took Holly in anger, then later came to his senses a bit.

NewChief
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Exactly. Cunning≠calculated.

I just don't see how this show can sell Walt rescuing Jesse, figuring that Walt nodded approval for his execution, and only once he was aware that Jesse wouldnt' die that day, then threw salt on the wound by telling him about Jane. When he did that, I got really upset, and I'm almost never the type to react emotionally to a TV show. What a great scene and episode.

Pointing out Jesse's location out to the AB was amazing. Vince made it look like Walt saw Jesse and was going to let the AB leave, possibly allowing Walt and Jesse to team up again and take down the AB together later... it seemed like so much was possible there... then he just straight up pointed him out. Cold blooded.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I never said walt was calculated in the desert. He was desperately trying to keep Hank alive. Once Flynn called the police, I think the gears in his head started working.

Walt has never been calculated anywhere outside of about two scenes in the entire series. He acts upon ego and impulse.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I think he probably stormed out and took Holly in anger, then later came to his senses a bit.

Yeah, not sure why people are using the Holly kidnapping to actually vouch for Walt's character. Beginning of the scene where he's changing Holly's diapers, seems pretty clear to me that Walt was planning to keep her. Talking about getting her a car seat. His tone changes when Holly starts saying "mama."

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Pointing out Jesse's location out to the AB was amazing. Vince made it look like Walt saw Jesse and was going to let the AB leave, possibly allowing Walt and Jesse to team up again and take down the AB together later... it seemed like so much was possible there... then he just straight up pointed him out. Cold blooded.

That scene was a total mindfuck, and it didn't help that we were given about an entire minute to consider Walt's action after it was pretty heavily suggested that he saw Jesse under the Chrysler. To have that consideration, "holy shit, he's going to save Jesse" and to then realize that nothing of the sort was going to happen? That was crazy.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah, not sure why people are using the Holly kidnapping to actually vouch for Walt's character. Beginning of the scene where he's changing Holly's diapers, seems pretty clear to me that Walt was planning to keep her. Talking about getting her a car seat. His tone changes when Holly starts saying "mama."

My wife thought she was quoting ABC's Dinosaurs, saying "NOT DA MAMA" LMAOLMAOLMAO

NewChief

I don't think anyone is saying Holly's kidnapping itself is him striving toward redemption. His giving her up at the fire station as well as clearing Skyler from accusations of being involved in his criminal activities are, though.

As I said, getting into a knife fight with Skyler, kidnapping his baby, and screeching off in the truck was his breaking point. As you pointed out, the scene in the bathroom as Holly cries for "mama" is the point where he seems to become cognizant of his wrongdoing and try to right it.

notorious
Best episode ever of a TV show.

I have never felt ill because of a show. JFC

notorious
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Well, Walt has cleaned the slate for Skyler and the rest of the family.

Pretty smart.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't think anyone is saying Holly's kidnapping itself is him striving toward redemption. His giving her up at the fire station as well as clearing Skyler from accusations of being involved in his criminal activities are, though.

As I said, getting into a knife fight with Skyler, kidnapping his baby, and screeching off in the truck was his breaking point. As you pointed out, the scene in the bathroom as Holly cries for "mama" is the point where he seems to become cognizant of his wrongdoing and try to right it.

I agree with you and about the point that he will spend the final episodes trying to redeem himself. I think we both agree that what he did up to that bathroom scene wasn't calculated. It was impulsive and actually a dick thing to do.

notorious
09-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Get ready to see the smart, calculating Walt from here on out.

cosmo20002
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Jesse could really wreak some havoc in that meth lab. He's no Walt, but he might know what to mix to cause an explosion, throw some shit in Todd's face, etc. He'll probably get himself free, or at least have a last confrontation with Walt.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM

Same here.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-15-2013, 09:23 PM

ROFL

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Jesse could really wreak some havoc in that meth lab. He's no Walt, but he might know what to mix to cause an explosion, throw some shit in Todd's face, etc. He'll probably get himself free, or at least have a last confrontation with Walt.

Jesse is one good batch away from Walt being rendered useless. The AB owe Walt nothing, really, especially after basically "gifting" him $11MM of his own money. If they can get Jesse to reproduce anything near the quality and color of Walt's cooks, the leverage in their relationship will take a dramatic turn. I just don't know if there is enough TV time to devote to that storyline.

Stanley Nickels
09-15-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/ozymandias,102436/ (http://www.avclub.com/articles/ozymandias,102436/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default)

Last week’s episode was a Leone movie, I saw someone remark on Twitter—outsized drama, heightened style, breathless suspense, posturing galore. This week? It’s a horror show. All my fears come to life on the screen, and things too horrible for me to have contemplated. My only consolation is that Jesse lives, if you can call slave labor living—but while there’s life, there’s hope. Everything else is in ruins, on all sides. Hank’s victory. Walt’s family. Jesse’s revenge. Skyler’s security. Everyone reaps the grim, bloody harvest of entertaining the fantasy that there’s a way forward from the first fateful decision—that some further decision, down the road, can bury that first wrong turn. Tragedy doesn’t work that way.
Director Rian Johnson gives us space to contemplate where we’ve been and where we’re going, with scenes like the flashback to Walt and Jesse’s first cook at the end of that same desert road. As Walt climbs up a hill rehearsing the first of many lies (“Bogdan’s got a bug up his butt … a stick? a bug? … he’s demanding that I stay and look over his system and I cannot get out of it”), Skyler is looking forward to a bright future, with a baby name she likes and a nine dollar eBay profit on that crying clown figurine. That call holds all the promise she and Walt hold onto—children, wealth. And it’s surrounded by all the peril that overtakes them—criminality, deception. When it fades, pieces by piece, only to return as the wreckage of the shootout, the tragic arc is drawn as clearly as a Sophoclean chorus could do it. Only without a single sound.
And then the parade of my worst nightmares begins. What’s fascinating, if you can manage to peek between your fingers long enough to see, is Walt’s maelstrom of reactions and responses to the complete disintegration of any endgame he envisioned. He is willing to give up everything to save Hank, offering Jack all $80 million that’s buried underground. This is Walt at his most human, sacrificing his dream and his identity for the family he always claimed to be his highest priority. But it’s also Walt at his most deluded, thinking that he can get the upper hand in this situation with money, with negotiations. Hank knows better; Jack was never going to let him live. So he dies with his honor and his identity intact, scorning Walt’s entreaties to lie, beg, promise them anything to live. He’s been transformed by his pursuit of Heisenberg into the lawman he always wanted to be.
When Walt reveals Jesse’s hiding place and coldly nods at Jack’s cheerful “Good to go?”, he’s a force of pure vengeance. It’s not enough that Todd gets to torture Jesse (remember what I said last week about how he’s the scariest mother****er in the room?). Walt twists the knife that he’s left sticking in Jesse’s gut for months now. It’s the demonic completion of what Walt almost was brought to confess in “Fly” (not coincidentally, also directed by Johnson). “I watched Jane die,” Walt tells him. “I could have stopped it, but I didn’t.” Not only is this Walt the torturer, but it’s also Walt the liar—the liar that Jesse has called him repeatedly ever since he lost faith. Walt is saying: I never loved you. I never cared about you. It’s always been only what you could do for me.
And because Jack magnanimously decides to give Walt one barrel (“My nephew respects you … also, I’ll be honest, you caught me in one hell of a good mood”), the horror doesn’t end there. That barrel allows Walt to cling to the hope of salvaging something of what he worked for. That barrel—I’ll say it—is the one prepared for Walt since the first time a barrel appeared on this show to make a dead man disappear. He obligingly goes about gathering the acid and cutting off his limbs. Faced with a wife who knows it’s all over, who has been forced to bury her last remaining hope of keeping her children innocent and ignorant, and a son who is still in shock, he has only his old tricks. “I negotiated,” he lies. “Everything will be fine,” he bluffs. “We can have a fresh start, whole new lives,” he wheedles. And when Skyler finally stands up against this force of destruction, he reveals that he understands nothing at all. “What the hell is wrong with you?” he roars. “We’re a family!”
When he takes Holly—well, my friends, if you’ve been holding out for Walt to return to some semblance of humanity, this is surely the last straw. In that moment, Holly is either all the family he’s got left, or she’s a hostage. Either way it’s the kind of desperation that is untethered to reality or morality. Yet if anything can penetrate to the person that Walt was before this all started, up on that rise talking to his wife about grabbing a Venezia’s pizza (“It’s a frontrunner for sure,” he enthuses about the name), it’s this bundle of actual innocence in a pink hat, staring up at him from the KoalaKare changing station. And people, it does. He knows when she calls out for her mama that he cannot make her into a pawn or a goal. She is pure potential. He has not ruined her—yet. She deserves a chance.
So when he calls Skyler, who listens stonefaced along with her sister and the police, and says the most vicious, unforgivable things to her that he’s ever let fly—that it’s her fault, that she is paying the price for her disrespect, that she’s done nothing but undermine him, that she is a stupid bitch, that she’s going to get what Hank got if she crosses him—it’s a pose. It’s true in the sense that he’s enraged and lashing out and needs someone to blame that nothing remains of the works that he built to make the mighty despair. But he’s also playing a part, giving her freedom. He’s weeping at what he is having to do to cut that final tie. And at what he is killing in himself to do it.
Load the barrel in the vacuum cleaner repair guy’s van, and it’s off to that whole new life he’s been talking about for so long, that castle in the sky he painted for Jesse and then for Skyler. “Any future you want,” is how he phrased it to Jack at the start of this desperate run. Leaving behind Holly shows that he knows it’s no future he wants. Now all that remains is what brings him back. And Jesse Pinkman, still alive, chained to a dog run in a superlab, starting at a future he can’t possibly believe is still viable—will he remain? People, I have to believe. Times are gettin’ hard, boys. But it’s not time to say goodbye.
Stray observations:
Emmy for Holly! Emmy for Holly! Emmy for Holly! And another one for the baby acting coach-slash-actual mommy who coaxed those amazing scenes out of her. My heart is still a puddle on my living room floor.
That's The Limeliters, "Take My True Love By The Hand" (a version of an oft-covered folk song called "Times Are Gettin' Hard, Boys") playing as Walt rolls his one remaining barrel through the desert toward his new ride.
Poor Marie. From absolute triumph, to compassion for the vanquished Skyler, to complete collapse in only two scenes.
Walt Jr. is a stone-cold hero, throwing himself in front of his mother after that terrifying knife fight (seriously, Rian, the way the knife kept swinging into extreme closeup is going to give me nightmares) and calling 911, maybe the only thing that could get Walt to start thinking of escape rather than Heisenbergian persuasion.
When Jack and his henchmen hit the money barrels after only four shovelfulls of dirt, with Walt lying defeated behind them, all I could think was how easy and fast it was for him to go from having everything to having nothing. The coordinates that told Jack the nature of the location, his last-ditch effort to save Hank—it took him from plotter to patsy in no time at all.
Walt Jr.: “Why would you go along?” Skyler: “I’ll be asking myself that for the rest of my life.”

NewChief
09-15-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/ozymandias,102436/ (http://www.avclub.com/articles/ozymandias,102436/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default)

I've been refreshing AV Club for the last 30 minutes waiting on their review to come up. Thanks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2013, 09:38 PM
So glad Hank is dead.

keg in kc
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
That was great up until Skyler grabbed the knife.

Although I did like Walt showing some nobility on the phone call.

notorious
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Walt's mouth was black as night when he was sobbing on the ground after Hank got executed.

Black as night.

Gadzooks
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM

Well, that didn't happen...

Sannyasi
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
That was until Skyler grabbed the knife.

Although I did like Walt showing some nobility on the phone call.

That was Skyler's best moment on the show in my opinion. Marie and Walt Jr. finally get her to see some sense.

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Yup. Clearly trying to save his family from being implicated.yup. Brilliant move. Make sure the cops knew he acted alone, just before killing Walter white.

jjjayb
09-15-2013, 10:34 PM

Pinkman just brought the Feds to bust him. Fuck pinkman. The rat deserves to die.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Pinkman just brought the Feds to bust him. Fuck pinkman. The rat deserves to die.

Or maybe the guy who has orchestrated or participated outright in almost two dozen murders deserves to die.

09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Great fucking episode!

The best part was Marie going to the car wash to gloat when her pig of a husband had a bullet in his head. Suck it, bitch.

Todd is a weird character. Something weird gonna happen, but definitely not rooting for a feel-good Pinkman tearfest. No way they let Jack and crew get away with 70 mil. But fuck Pinkman. Heisenberg was a boss this episode. Glad he returned Holly though.

09-15-2013, 10:44 PM
yup. Brilliant move. Make sure the cops knew he acted alone, just before killing Walter white.

GO WALT! too bad they're broke though....lol. Though this might be why he's "not finished"

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 10:44 PM
At some point it might be worth asking yourself if their is a protagonist depraved enough that you won't root for him/her.

09-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I guess it's too late to poison Marie. Im sure she will protect the "victim"...

-King-
09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
18 minutes in and HOLY SHIT!!!

Otter
09-15-2013, 11:01 PM
At some point it might be worth asking yourself if their is a protagonist depraved enough that you won't root for him/her.

Is it OK if we enjoy a FICTIONAL television show without you pounding your fist on the proverbial table telling everyone how only your interpretation of the story is the correct version.

Dude, shut the **** up. You're annoying as hell.

That was a silly good episode. Wow!

teedubya
09-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Holy shit. What did I just see?

That was one of the most intense episodes of any TV show that I've ever seen. Just watched the DVR... whoa.

I thought that the only way that Walt would have been able to leave the desert would be if the DEA were gone. Gomez was totally dead. And Hank... he got killed in a solid way. I loved his comment, "He'd decided 10 minutes ago."

Walt wasn't thinking clearly. He totally gave up his position with the $80 million. And giving up Jesse like that was pretty fucking cold-blooded. And then make the comments about Jane? Holy shit. What a total asshole.

I had a feeling that when Todd was asking to bring him back, that they'd make him cook, thus making Walt less valuable... and teaching them how to get the purity up. Todd's dangling the photo of Pinkman's girlfriend and Brock was pretty dickish... and brilliant wicked.

I hope the Aryan Brotherhood gets taken out in these next 2 episodes... and part of me wants to see Jesse and Walt kill each other in an epic crescendo to end the series with everyone dead...

Most likely, the only ones alive, will be Skylar, Holly, Flynn and Marie... although, I hope Gilligan finds a way to kill off Marie.

And Holly, saying "Nee Ma-ma" was some of the heartbreaking scenes... Glad that Walt did the right thing with Holly, in the end.

What a fucked up show.

Odds of people living at the end of the series?

Walter White: 5%
Jesse Pinkman: 20%
Saul Goodman: 45%
Todd: 10%
Todd's Uncle: 25%
Skylar: 80%
Holly: 99%
Flynn: 95%
Marie: 60%

Sannyasi
09-15-2013, 11:02 PM
The flashback at the beginning of the episode was quite effective. Not only did it set up Holly for the episode, it also showed Walt's relationship with Jesse and Skyler at completely opposite points from what they've degraded into. No one trusts Walt at this point, they've all seen through him. Without his powers of deception, Walt is actually a pretty impotent character.

I can't really imagine Walt going back to try to save Jesse at this point. Walt's revelation to Jesse in this episode was out of complete malice. Walt felt betrayed that Jesse teamed up with Hank and wanted to show him that the betrayal went both ways. I think you guys might be right about Walt wanting to try to save Jesse to gain some sense of redemption, if only because I don't know where else the show could go plotwise, but I don't think Jesse will receive him very kindly if that is what happens.

09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Holy shit. What did I just see?

That was one of the most intense episodes of any TV show that I've ever seen. Just watched the DVR... whoa.

I thought that the only way that Walt would have been able to leave the desert would be if the DEA were gone. Gomez was totally dead. And Hank... he got killed in a solid way. I loved his comment, "He'd decided 10 minutes ago."

Walt wasn't thinking clearly. He totally gave up his position with the $80 million. And giving up Jesse like that was pretty fucking cold-blooded. And then make the comments about Jane? Holy shit. What a total asshole.

I had a feeling that when Todd was asking to bring him back, that they'd make him cook, thus making Walt less valuable... and teaching them how to get the purity up. Todd's dangling the photo of Pinkman's girlfriend and Brock was pretty dickish... and brilliant wicked.

I hope the Aryan Brotherhood gets taken out in these next 2 episodes... and part of me wants to see Jesse and Walt kill each other in an epic crescendo to end the series with everyone dead...

Most likely, the only ones alive, will be Skylar, Holly, Flynn and Marie... although, I hope Gilligan finds a way to kill off Marie.

And Holly, saying "Nee Ma-ma" was some of the heartbreaking scenes... Glad that Walt did the right thing with Holly, in the end.

What a fucked up show.

Odds of people living at the end of the series?

Walter White: 5%
Jesse Pinkman: 20%
Saul Goodman: 45%
Todd: 10%
Todd's Uncle: 25%
Skylar: 80%
Holly: 99%
Flynn: 95%
Marie: 60%

:thumb:

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 11:10 PM
The flashback at the beginning of the episode was quite effective. Not only did it set up Holly for the episode, it also showed Walt's relationship with Jesse and Skyler at completely opposite points from what they've degraded into. No one trusts Walt at this point, they've all seen through him. Without his powers of deception, Walt is actually a pretty impotent character.

I can't really imagine Walt going back to try to save Jesse at this point. Walt's revelation to Jesse in this episode was out of complete malice. Walt felt betrayed that Jesse teamed up with Hank and wanted to show him that the betrayal went both ways. I think you guys might be right about Walt wanting to try to save Jesse to gain some sense of redemption, if only because I don't know where else the show could go plotwise, but I don't think Jesse will receive him very kindly if that is what happens.

I'm nearly positive at this point that Jesse Pinkman will be the guy who kills Walter White.

09-15-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm nearly positive at this point that Jesse Pinkman will be the guy who kills Walter White.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-King-
09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh my God!

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2013, 11:20 PM

Of course, Hank should already be dead. There isn't much question about that.Close, but no cigar.

WhiteWhale
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's a crazy dynamic. It's easy for people to hate on Pinkman but Walt has betrayed him over and over again...

Walt has also saved his ass over and over. Jesse may hate him for letting his girl die, but there's a pretty good chance Pinkman is dead if he doesn't. Heroin is a hell of a drug.

I'm not rooting for any character... I'm just rooting for a satisfying conclusion.

I'm feeling confident it's going to happen.

-King-
09-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Wow, that was the greatest non sports thing I've ever watched. I literally said "Noooooooooo!!" when Walt grabbed Holly from her bed.

And thanks to the people who cleared up the phone call. I didn't get why he would say those things and then give up Holly to the FD at first.

-King-
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Look at the reflection

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b8b7063a013ee4081a794b9a577eb3e9/tumblr_mt78ixFsgd1rhkkzmo1_1280.jpg

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Look at the reflection

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b8b7063a013ee4081a794b9a577eb3e9/tumblr_mt78ixFsgd1rhkkzmo1_1280.jpg

holy shit

chiefzilla1501
09-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Hmmmmmmm...... who am I rooting for in this show right now?

Maybe the whole point is that a kid with a disability and a baby are the only two characters who you actually feel bad for.

keg in kc
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
That was Skyler's best moment on the show in my opinion. Marie and Walt Jr. finally get her to see some sense.It wasn't so much about her, specifically, as much as it was that I felt like I'd suddenly flipped to a soap opera for a second, with mom grabbing a knife and then dad stealing the baby.

Like I said, liked the phone call, so I thought they pulled it out in the end. It was really just a hiccup there for a minute or so. The other 42 minutes of the episode was amazing.

jjjayb
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Look at the reflection

Guess we know how it ends now. Thanks dick! :p

09-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Guess we know how it ends now. Thanks dick! :p

Looks more like Mike

TinyEvel
09-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Damn this is one of the most amazing TV shows ever. Like ever.

Gotta tell this story:

In 2008 we were living in Hollywood Hills and sold our house so I could move closer to work. The buyers were a young couple, the wife was an actress who had just finished filming the first season of a new series: Breaking bad. It was Betsey Brandt (aka crazy purple sister)

We hadn't seen the show yet but we were like, "oh, that's neat."

after binge watching four seasons last year on Netflix, I sent her a letter telling her how wicked amazing he show was.

SHE LIVES IN MY OLD HOUSE!

derp
TE

AussieChiefsFan
09-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Wow...........

Sorter
09-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Incredible.

Predictions:

Jesse kills Todd.
Aryans try to kill Marie, kill Skylar instead.
Lydia has a final appearance.