PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Breaking Bad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Lex Luthor
09-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Hopefully it's Jesse who takes Todd out ... with extreme prejudice

If there is any justice on this show, Jesse will shoot Todd right between the eyes. I'm not even rooting for Jesse to shoot Walt any more. Todd (and Jack) must die horrible deaths. That's the most important thing now.

Dante84
09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
The irony of Lydia getting mad at Todd for not killing Skylar was ridiculous.

Mike had her in the same situation and showed mercy; and yet she couldn't understand why Todd didnt kill Skylar.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 08:38 PM

Mike had her in the same situation and showed mercy; and yet she couldn't understand why Todd didnt kill Skylar.Lydia is a cunt. I hope her and Skylar both catch a couple of rounds to the trachea.

Gadzooks
09-22-2013, 08:52 PM
There is no time left for an epic ending. This show will end up in the autistic kid's St. Elsewhere snow globe. (along with Cheers and countless others).
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OAOVxqg49DQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NewChief
09-22-2013, 08:55 PM

Mike had her in the same situation and showed mercy; and yet she couldn't understand why Todd didnt kill Skylar.

Lydia is a detached, bloodthirsty bitch. Her answer for everything has always been to have henchmen take out the trash.

Skyy God
09-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Damn it. That grey matter scene was brilliant. True to character, it's Walt's pride that motivates and goads him to action. Not doing it for his kids, his wife, his partner: he's doing it because someone dared to demean his contributions.

Walt's plan to return was already in motion prior to the Grey Matter interview, IMO.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Walt's plan to return was already in motion prior to the Grey Matter interview, IMO.

His phone call with Flynn ended terribly. He called the DEA line and left the phone off the hook so they could trace it, and then ordered his surrender Scotch. He was having his last drink as a free man until he saw that interview.

Did you really miss that?

Pablo
09-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Shit, when vacuum bro said he wasn't going to get his money to his kids he pretty much gave up. At first I thought maybe he was taking the money into town to buy a vehicle, but when it was all packaged up it was pretty clear he was doing something else with it. He was just gonna try to send a little cash back, then turn himself in and clear skylars name after he read through that stack of papers.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Then gray matter bros are taking shit on him, and now a bunch of people are gonna die because of that. Because Walt might be sick, but he's still a psycho.

cosmo20002
09-22-2013, 09:51 PM
His phone call with Flynn ended terribly. He called the DEA line and left the phone off the hook so they could trace it, and then ordered his surrender Scotch. He was having his last drink as a free man until he saw that interview.

After he told Walt he could take his money and shove it, I imagined Flynn telling Skyler about the call. And Skyler saying, "Wait, you said what now about the money?!"

Pablo
09-22-2013, 09:54 PM
After he told Walt he could take his money and shove it, I imagined Flynn telling Skyler about the call. And Skyler saying, "Wait, you said what now about the money?!"

Yeah. I'm really really rooting for her death as well.

How many deaths are we going to witness in this final episode?

teedubya
09-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Damn it. That grey matter scene was brilliant. True to character, it's Walt's pride that motivates and goads him to action. Not doing it for his kids, his wife, his partner: he's doing it because someone dared to demean his contributions.

That seems to be the essence of the show... this was a key moment. He was defeated and was going to turn himself in... boom pride bites his ass again.

teedubya
09-22-2013, 09:58 PM
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2013/10/01/emmys-red-carpet-gifs/hug.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm stoked to see what roles Cranston will be offered and accept. He's a hot commodity, and he's on the edge of crossing the line in to greatness.

keg in kc
09-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm disappointed but not surprised Game of Thones didn't get the emmy. It will likely be the only legitimate shot it ever has. Either way, Breaking Bad will definitely win it again next year for these final 8 episodes.

They've done a great job at setting up the ending. All these clues along the way and I still have no earthly idea what's going to happen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
The people who keep insisting that Jesse Pinkman is the moral center of the show.

Moral center is not wholly innocent. Christ, you're dense.

-King-
09-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Pretty dry episode. Thought they could do more with it. They're leaving a lot out for the season finale. It will probably end up feeling rushed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2013, 11:07 PM
That episode was tremendous. All the pieces have been put in place. They managed to make the viewer pity Walt again, and just at his lowest point, they reinforced the true prime mover behind this all-he's an egomaniacal bastard.

And for as evil as so many others on this show were, nothing comes close to topping the AB. To execute a single mother in cold blood...speechless.

keg in kc
09-22-2013, 11:09 PM
That execution and Jesse's reaction was hard to watch.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Todd just mumbles..hey this isn't personal. Pop.

Fuck Todd. What's wrong with you?

Maybe Todd lives and gets his own spin off where's he's an even more terrifying and heartless bastard than Walt ever thought of being.

okcchief
09-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Pretty dry episode. Thought they could do more with it. They're leaving a lot out for the season finale. It will probably end up feeling rushed.

I thought hey did a brilliant job of showing the aftermath, and how it affected everyone. As Hamas stated the scene with Walt doing the home treatment made me feel sympathy for him for the first time in a few seasons. It sets the finale nicely IMO.

teedubya
09-22-2013, 11:17 PM
What's the over/under on deaths next week?

KCrockaholic
09-22-2013, 11:18 PM
So one thing I couldn't figure out is how the Baby ended up back at home? Last I remember the baby was left at a fire station. What did I forget?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2013, 11:20 PM
So one thing I couldn't figure out is how the Baby ended up back at home? Last I remember the baby was left at a fire station. What did I forget?

That when Amber Alerts are sent out people tend to pay special attention to babies left inside fire trucks, assuming they may be connected.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 11:21 PM

I'm sure there was an Amber alert out for the baby and it got brought to skylar. No need to waste even thirty seconds on that story line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2013, 11:23 PM

He plays a sociopath excellently. Go back and notice the wry smile when he watches Jesse talk about him shooting Drew Sharp. He doesn't think of it as a business decision (which is what he claimed in front of Mike and Walt), he's proud of it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Walt left a note on her when he left her in the fire truck. Shouldn't be too hard to figure it out..

Pablo
09-22-2013, 11:24 PM
He plays a sociopath excellently. Go back and notice the wry smile when he watches Jesse talk about him shooting Drew Sharp. He doesn't think of it as a business decision (which is what he claimed in front of Mike and Walt), he's proud of it.

I noticed that.

-King-
09-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Heh. That was a good scene. At first I thought they'd be mad that he had killed a kid, but nope, they were just mad he was getting snitched on LMAO

cosmo20002
09-22-2013, 11:29 PM

There was a note with the baby, probably saying who she was. Probably didn't take too long to figure out where to return her.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm sure there was an Amber alert out for the baby and it got brought to skylar. No need to waste even thirty seconds on that story line.

I assumed so, but I don't really get the point of the scene then if the baby just ends up back with Skylar right away. Other than to piss off Skylar of course.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Heh. That was a good scene. At first I thought they'd be mad that he had killed a kid, but nope, they were just mad he was getting snitched on LMAO

Yeah I thought maybe UJ was storming out pissed that he'd murdered a child. Apparently that's not a big deal.

Pablo
09-22-2013, 11:33 PM
I assumed so, but I don't really get the point of the scene then if the baby just ends up back with Skylar right away. Other than to piss off Skylar of course.

Because it showed that Walt knew he was wrong in grabbing her in the first place. He just did it out of panic and to hurt skylar. He can't take care of his own daughter when he's focused on getting revenge.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Because it showed that Walt knew he was wrong in grabbing her in the first place. He just did it out of panic and to hurt skylar. He can't take care of his own daughter when he's focused on getting revenge.

Makes sense, I guess I just expected them to do something with it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2013, 11:45 PM
I just want to express my extreme disappointment at the beginning of the show. When they used the low angle shot to introduce the vacuum cleaner salesman I thought it was R. Lee Ermey. I got so pumped that I paused the TV with his character out of frame, then happily exclaimed to my wife that the relocator was going to hit Walt in the gut and tell him he could suck a golf ball through an Erlenmyer flask.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:12 AM
If there is any justice on this show, Jesse will shoot Todd right between the eyes. I'm not even rooting for Jesse to shoot Walt any more. Todd (and Jack) must die horrible deaths. That's the most important thing now.You wanted Jesse to kill Walt?

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2013, 12:13 AM
There is no time left for an epic ending. This show will end up in the autistic kid's St. Elsewhere snow globe. (along with Cheers and countless others).
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OAOVxqg49DQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Hasn't been a Tommy crossover.

lcarus
09-23-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't know if there has been discussion about the color yellow regarding this show here, but tonight's episode the Grey Matter people were both wearing yellow.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 12:58 AM
I don't know if there has been discussion about the color yellow regarding this show here, but tonight's episode the Grey Matter people were both wearing yellow.

As was baby Holly, this after wearing pink last episode. I think they're all in big, big trouble.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 12:59 AM

Man, between Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad, he has played some really memorable characters excellently.

Silock
09-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Watching it from the very first episode starting tonight. Amazing how well the writers have done in maintaining the themes set up from the first episode.

Lex Luthor
09-23-2013, 03:59 AM
You wanted Jesse to kill Walt?

Yes, after Walt felt the need to tell Jesse that Walt watched Jane die and deliberately didn't save her.

AussieChiefsFan
09-23-2013, 04:02 AM
That scene where Todd shot Jesse's old girlfriend. Man was that tough to watch. Jesse really can't catch a break.

This is really being set up for an incredible end.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 04:47 AM

No. He'd called the cops, prepared his final drink, and was waiting for them to arrive and arrest him. Then he saw the interview, changed his mind, and took off just prior to the cop's arrival.

Braincase
09-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Will Todd rape Lydia?

Lex Luthor
09-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Many times in this thread I've referred to Walt as a sociopath. But it's obvious that he's really not. He's just a selfish prick who does some evil things. He does know right from wrong and sometimes he even feels remorse about the consequences of his actions.

Obviously not a sociopath.

Todd, however, is a sociopath in the truest sense of the word. "Sorry, nothing personal" before shooting Jesse's girlfriend in the back of the head? Smirking about shooting the kid on the motorcycle? What a dick. The contrast between Todd and Walt is pretty clear.

Sandy Vagina
09-23-2013, 06:51 AM
Love the show... not a big fan of how this season went, but I do get that it can't be all rainbows and unicorns. Still... will watch the gripping conclusion, but will be happy that it is ending.

Lex Luthor
09-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Love the show... not a big fan of how this season went, but I do get that it can't be all rainbows and unicorns. Still... will watch the gripping conclusion, but will be happy that it is ending.
It has to end. The story is done. Any attempt to keep it going would cause it to jump the shark even worse than Fringe, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dexter. Those were all excellent shows whose legacies were tarnished by horrible final seasons. Actually, in the case of Buffy and Dexter, each had multiple horrible seasons after jumping the shark.

Sandy Vagina
09-23-2013, 07:08 AM
It has to end. The story is done. Any attempt to keep it going would cause it to jump the shark even worse than Fringe, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dexter. Those were all excellent shows whose legacies were tarnished by horrible final seasons. Actually, in the case of Buffy and Dexter, each had multiple horrible seasons after jumping the shark.

Oh yeah.. agree. It is time. I am ready to walk away and not look back after next week.

Braincase
09-23-2013, 07:35 AM
My prediction: The cancer has advanced unchecked. Walt clears the Aryan compound as Walt suffers a cancer-related heart attack just as he discovers and releases Jesse. Jesse finds the money, loads it into a pickup, and gives a chuck of it to Skylar the kids.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 07:41 AM
My prediction: The cancer has advanced unchecked. Walt clears the Aryan compound as Walt suffers a cancer-related heart attack just as he discovers and releases Jesse. Jesse finds the money, loads it into a pickup, and gives a chuck of it to Skylar the kids.

And then the DEA seizes it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
One thing that I thought was interesting (and it bodes a potential end for Lydia) is that Todd told her the purity of the last cook was 92% when it was really 96%, as he communicated to Jesse. We know that Jesse cooked 96% pure meth at the Mexican lab as well. That four percent discrepancy exists for a reason, and I don't think that the AB are diluting it by four percent just for a miniscule increase in profit margin. That might play in the final episode.

To add on to Andrea's death further: that was the most vicious act of the entire series for me. After I saw that, I was relieved that the series is ending next week because it's becoming too emotionally exhausting to watch, but not so overwrought that it comes off as hackneyed or that I become disinterested in the outcome.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 08:10 AM
To add on to Andrea's death further: that was the most vicious act of the entire series for me. After I saw that, I was relieved that the series is ending next week because it's becoming too emotionally exhausting to watch, but not so overwrought that it comes off as hackneyed or that I become disinterested in the outcome.

It's interesting that Todd doesn't hesitate at all to take out Andrea, but he claims he doesn't kill Skyler because "she's a nice lady with kids." That indicates, to me, that Todd has other motives for not wanting to outright kill Skyler as Lydia requests as clearly he has no problem capping defenseless "innocents" when it suits his group's interests. Maybe it's just out of deference to (and perhaps fear of?) Walter, though, that he doesn't want to kill Skyler.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 08:12 AM

That feels way too clean.

I think given the symbolism with colors and Holly, I feel like something bad is going to happen to Walt's family. Either Holly or Skyler. I don't think Gilligan ends it so cleanly. I feel like ending it in this way is a way of letting Walt restore the peace in a badass way, while reminding viewers of how much his decisions have impacted others.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 08:15 AM
It's interesting that Todd doesn't hesitate at all to take out Andrea, but he claims he doesn't kill Skyler because "she's a nice lady with kids." That indicates, to me, that Todd has other motives for not wanting to outright kill Skyler as Lydia requests as clearly he has no problem capping defenseless "innocents" when it suits his group's interests. Maybe it's just out of deference to (and perhaps fear of?) Walter, though, that he doesn't want to kill Skyler.

He also vouches for Jesse and doesn't kill Walt, even though he had every reason to. So even the sociopath is kind of complex.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 08:21 AM

It's probably because Walt hasn't done anything to prove himself an immediate threat to them.

'Hamas' Jenkins

I think the line "We have a lot of respect for your husband" is the giveaway in that case.

Todd's respect for Walter is going to be the downfall of the entire group. His respect is what caused Jack to give him a barrel and spare his life in the desert. That barrel buys the chemo, food, relocation, and M60.

To put it in Mike's words, Todd and Jack chose a half measure, and it's going to rightfully bite them in the ass.

notorious
Todd has great respect for Walt. He doesn't want to disappoint him.

That is why he doesn't want to harm Walt or his family.

Anyong Bluth
09-23-2013, 08:23 AM

Maybe Todd lives and gets his own spin off where's he's an even more terrifying and heartless bastard than Walt ever thought of being.

Wasn't Saul the one who introduced Todd? I wouldn't be shocked if Todd showed up in the Saul spinoff - maybe for getting pinched his 1st time, Jack could possibly too? I'm not saying like a featured character, more like a short story arc, and a bit of a nod to the BrBa world...

Anyong Bluth
09-23-2013, 08:29 AM
I think the big gun is for the Nazis, and we found out who the poison is for- his fellow Grey Matter cofounders after they shit all over his contribution to starting the company when saying his contribution to it basically was simply in how they came up with the name. Also, the name is quite interesting considering what "Grey matter" would typically be in reference to when you're talking about a violent show that has been already setup for a bloody final showdown.

Anyong Bluth
09-23-2013, 08:32 AM
There was a note with the baby, probably saying who she was. Probably didn't take too long to figure out where to return her.

Ya, the note had the home address written on it- not a lot of mystery in putting that together.

Zebedee DuBois
09-23-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure why Todd has so much respect for Walt, unless it just the "awe of science" or some shrewd tactical moves. It can't be out of fear, since Jack was the one providing Walt's muscle.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 08:48 AM
One thing that I thought was interesting (and it bodes a potential end for Lydia) is that Todd told her the purity of the last cook was 92% when it was really 96%, as he communicated to Jesse. We know that Jesse cooked 96% pure meth at the Mexican lab as well. That four percent discrepancy exists for a reason, and I don't think that the AB are diluting it by four percent just for a miniscule increase in profit margin. That might play in the final episode.

I took that as a passage of time and Jesse getting better... didn't see anything nefarious about 92 vs. 96 percent purity.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't think that Walt is going to try to poison the Gray Matter people. I just think they served as an impetus to get him off his ass. Those reading his abrupt departure from the bar as a "Walt's coming for you, better hide Gray Matter people!" moment are misreading, imo.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure why Todd has so much respect for Walt, unless it just the "awe of science" or some shrewd tactical moves. It can't be out of fear, since Jack was the one providing Walt's muscle.

Remember the scene where he's telling Jack and Co. about the train heist and how perfectly it was done? I think that Todd is a little awed by Walt's intellect and the Heisenberg legend, even if it isn't justified from the viewer's perspective.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Train Heist, them cooking together, murdering Gus, Mike, etc.

In Todd's eyes, Walter has probably lived up to the legend of Heisenberg. Probably more so during his last interaction with Pinkman.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Train Heist, them cooking together, murdering Gus, Mike, etc.

In Todd's eyes, Walter has probably lived up to the legend of Heisenberg. Probably more so during his last interaction with Pinkman.

Exactly. Did Walter hatch the "Termite House" cook scheme as well? That was pretty brilliant.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Exactly. Did Walter hatch the "Termite House" cook scheme as well? That was pretty brilliant.

I can't recall.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Yes, Walt's idea.

Zebedee DuBois
09-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes, I can see the admiration Todd could have for Walt's intellect - it just felt like they used the 'Todd's respect' clause to allow a lot of 'loose ends' to remain (walt, walt's barrel, Skyler, etc.) - it felt out of proportion. Of course, on the other hand, why would I be expecting mental balance out of Todd?

Anyong Bluth
09-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Walt pulled the same thing with Jesse, the fill in paternal role, and taught him to cook- something that would be seen as valuable to Jack and his guys. He made him a valuable asset and like I said Walt has always been good with manipulation. Todd maybe a sociopath, but it's pretty clear that he does have a motivation to be considered a key guy within the criminal circles he hangs around.

Walter opened the door for him to move up more than anyone, and you can't say he has zero motivation for his actions as there is at least some need for recognition and acceptance he wants - kinda like his smirk when they watched Jesse's confession and all the guys found out that he was the one that killed Drew. Not because it's a kid, but it reinforced that he will do whatever is necessary to ensure that nothing stands in the way.

It's Todd's pride to a degree but also he identifies with Walt's obsession with infamy. Just like his quick thinking to not kill Jesse right away, and his conversation with Jack. They have more money than they could ever need, but he's the one that pushes to keep cooking, so money is clearly not his endgame.

Todd wants power, and the notoriety that came when Walt was Heisenberg. He even says it's not personal before shooting Andrea, a defense and rationale Walt used to justify even going back to Crazy8. Todd just has little or no moral qualms in reaching his decision to do those horrible things, and it's not "personal" because it's "business" and the surest way to keep Jesse from trying to run as well as provide him a reason to keep cooking.

Not going after Walt's family is a half measure like Mike used to talk about, and if you recall his quote about Lydia, he says something along the lines of, "if there ever was a Bitch that deserved to die, she was it." She's just as much a sociopath as Todd. Possibly the reason why he identifies with her, and has a thing for her. Her response is very similar, take out all of Mikes guys, and when Mike refused, she immediately trys to have Mike killed so he won't be in the way to stop killing the rest.

Unfortunately for Mike, he doesn't take his own advice and does a half measure- sneaking into her house to kill her but doesn't follow through. Contrast that with Todd sneaking in to threaten Skyler, another half measure, as Lydia points out, but the difference in extremes being Mike had no intention of harming Lydia's child or leaving her dead for the kid to witness her murder, versus Todd makes his initial play by breaking in to Holly's room to get her attention and threaten. Skyler walks in and he's hovering over the crib, the implied threat is not simply to Skyler if she talks, but to send the message that her children are in danger- which has been her biggest fear the entire show.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Is Walt going to save his family? Something to keep in mind... Saul told Walt in the beginning that the best advice to protect his family was to turn himself in.

We see the cards laid out for Walt to protect his family one last time. He is ready to surrender, then doesn't. Walt Jr, one of the most pure characters in the show, implies the family wants to move on. Todd has already indicated he doesn't want to hurt walts family. If Walt surrendered at the bar, seems like he could save his family.

Walt put pride above his family one last time. We will see how it turns out but I think somebody or several somebodies Walt cares about even more than hank are going to get whacked.

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 09:41 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/G4IJZi5h-650x366.jpg

Interesting. And when Walt and the vacuum guy played cards....2 kings.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Many times in this thread I've referred to Walt as a sociopath. But it's obvious that he's really not. He's just a selfish prick who does some evil things. He does know right from wrong and sometimes he even feels remorse about the consequences of his actions.

Obviously not a sociopath.

Todd, however, is a sociopath in the truest sense of the word. "Sorry, nothing personal" before shooting Jesse's girlfriend in the back of the head? Smirking about shooting the kid on the motorcycle? What a dick. The contrast between Todd and Walt is pretty clear.

I'm glad the Grey matter folks popped up. It's a gentle reminder that this chip on the shoulder is driving most of what he does. He has several chances to quit but chooses not to. I don't think Walt is an evil person and he is not a sociopath because he shows some emotions and regret. He isn't greedy because he's barely spent what he's made. But he gets the most reckless when he doesn't get credit for his work. Just as it ate him up inside when hank was giving gale credit for being the meth mastermind.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Is Walt going to save his family? Something to keep in mind... Saul told Walt in the beginning that the best advice to protect his family was to turn himself in.

We see the cards laid out for Walt to protect his family one last time. He is ready to surrender, then doesn't. Walt Jr, one of the most pure characters in the show, implies the family wants to move on. Todd has already indicated he doesn't want to hurt walts family. If Walt surrendered at the bar, seems like he could save his family.

Walt put pride above his family one last time. We will see how it turns out but I think somebody or several somebodies Walt cares about even more than hank are going to get whacked.

Walt's family wouldn't be safe if Walt turned himself in though. The AB would instantly threaten to take out his family if Walt mentioned them to the DEA. I have a feeling that Walt is going to come back....take out the AB.....and THEN turn himself in. He'll probably take the ricin in prison or just die from the cancer.

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 09:57 AM
As was baby Holly, this after wearing pink last episode. I think they're all in big, big trouble.

hmmm. I could see Walt taking out the Grey Matter folks. Could Marie take out Holly as pay back for Hank?

allen_kcCard
09-23-2013, 10:02 AM
hmmm. I could see Walt taking out the Grey Matter folks. Could Marie take out Holly as pay back for Hank?

WTF? No way would Marie ever do anything to purposefully harm Holly

NewChief
09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
hmmm. I could see Walt taking out the Grey Matter folks.

Really? Straight up killing some people for simply trying to deny association with him? I don't think so.

Could Marie take out Holly as pay back for Hank?

:spock:

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Does Jesse have any reason to live anymore except to kill Todd?

notorious
09-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Walt's family wouldn't be safe if Walt turned himself in though. The AB would instantly threaten to take out his family if Walt mentioned them to the DEA. I have a feeling that Walt is going to come back....take out the AB.....and THEN turn himself in. He'll probably take the ricin in prison or just die from the cancer.

This is how I am leaning, too. What will he do when he finds Jesse in the cage?

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 10:33 AM
On Talking Bad last night, Vince Gilligan's only clue for next week's show was 'Woodworking'.

Has there been any past scenes with any woodworkers that could come into the picture?

keg in kc
09-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Does Jesse have any reason to live anymore except to kill Todd?I still think there's a chance he kills Walt. His last memories of the man are when Walt turned him over the Nazis (which led directly to his being a prisoner and the chica's execution) and then told him he watched Jane die. The two have to share a last scene together, and I can't imagine they'll just hug it out.

notorious
09-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Someone is going to meet a woodchipper.

keg in kc
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Or a power saw of some variety.

RockChalk
09-23-2013, 10:38 AM
On Talking Bad last night, Vince Gilligan's only clue for next week's show was 'Woodworking'.

Has there been any past scenes with any woodworkers that could come into the picture?

I'd take this more as a lot of caskets are going to need to be built because of all the bodies

cosmo20002
09-23-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't think that Walt is going to try to poison the Gray Matter people. I just think they served as an impetus to get him off his ass. Those reading his abrupt departure from the bar as a "Walt's coming for you, better hide Gray Matter people!" moment are misreading, imo.

I'm not sure in exactly what manner ricin can be used, but it seems to me that poisoning someone is kind of complicated. Sure he did it with Brock, but of course they never showed us how he did it. And now he's sick and can't really move around too freely. Its hard to imagine him somehow planting it in their food.

Lex Luthor
09-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Does Jesse have any reason to live anymore except to kill Todd?

Well, there's still Walt to kill after Todd.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Well, there's still Walt to kill after Todd.How many murders is our "moral center" going to end up with?

Zebedee DuBois
09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Just like the black stuff in the middle of bird shit is also bird shit, being the moral center of this group of people does not equal 'saintly'. Jesse is one of the few that has expressed heartfelt remorse, his conscious tortures him. I don't think Walt's conscious ever tortured him until Hank got shot. That said, none of them deserves any praise.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure in exactly what manner ricin can be used, but it seems to me that poisoning someone is kind of complicated. Sure he did it with Brock, but of course they never showed us how he did it. And now he's sick and can't really move around too freely. Its hard to imagine him somehow planting it in their food.

He almost did it with Lydia's tea.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Really? Straight up killing some people for simply trying to deny association with him? I don't think so.

It's not the denial of association.

It's the denial of his contributions. Walter's pride has been the catalyst for his actions throughout the entire show.

NewChief
09-23-2013, 11:45 AM
It's not the denial of association.

It's the denial of his contributions. Walter's pride has been the catalyst for his actions throughout the entire show.

Regardless, I don't think he's coming back to kill them. I just don't see Walt as a psychopath of that nature.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Regardless, I don't think he's coming back to kill them. I just don't see Walt as a psychopath of that nature.

I definitely do.

Ricin baby!!!

cosmo20002
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
He almost did it with Lydia's tea.

Yeah, but he had reason to be that close to her and the tea. It's hard to imagine a scenario where he is able to poison the food of the Gray Matter people.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah, but he had reason to be that close to her and the tea. It's hard to imagine a scenario where he is able to poison the food of the Gray Matter people.

This. How is he going to get close to them?

Sorter
09-23-2013, 11:54 AM

I suspect that they'd use Gretchen and Walt's relationship to move that along.

Or he could just, show up at their house and force feed it to them. ROFL

keg in kc
09-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Regardless, I don't think he's coming back to kill them. I just don't see Walt as a psychopath of that nature.I think they were just there to prevent him from turning himself in. Unless the finale turns him into a raving homicidal maniac. He only kills when he thinks his money or his life or family is threatened.

lcarus
09-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I think they were just there to prevent him from turning himself in. Unless the finale turns him into a raving homicidal maniac. He only kills when he thinks his money or his life or family is threatened.

We know he definitely has murder on the brain going into this finale. We know that from the M60 and the ricin. He has plans for both of those. I'm predicting he kills more than 1 person.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 12:19 PM
We know he definitely has murder on the brain going into this finale. We know that from the M60 and the ricin. He has plans for both of those. I'm predicting he kills more than 1 person.

Yep.

Heisenberg's swan song.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gone.gif

NewChief
09-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I think they were just there to prevent him from turning himself in. Unless the finale turns him into a raving homicidal maniac. He only kills when he thinks his money or his life or family is threatened.

Exactly.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 12:23 PM
If Holly dies.....it's going to be tough to watch.

keg in kc
09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
We know he definitely has murder on the brain going into this finale. We know that from the M60 and the ricin. He has plans for both of those. I'm predicting he kills more than 1 person.No argument there. I just don't think the Gray Matter people will be on the list. It's too far a tangent from the things that have been established as being important to him (his money and his family).

Sorter
09-23-2013, 12:29 PM
If Holly dies.....it's going to be tough to watch.

What if Skyler drops her into an African painted Dog exhibit while at the zoo?

Does ABQ even have a zoo?

loochy
09-23-2013, 12:45 PM
What if Skyler drops her into an African painted Dog exhibit while at the zoo?

Does ABQ even have a zoo?

What if she is fed to an Ocelot?

Pablo
09-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Jr. will choke to death on a double scoop of Raisin Bran in the finale.

I'll been spending too much time at http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbadcomics

siberian khatru
09-23-2013, 12:52 PM

DINGOES ATE MY BABY!

lcarus
09-23-2013, 12:56 PM
No argument there. I just don't think the Gray Matter people will be on the list. It's too far a tangent from the things that have been established as being important to him (his money and his family).

I agree. I don't think he will go after them. That scene was just to reiterate Walt's biggest motivation, which is his fear of dying an insignificant man. Even with his original intentions of cooking meth to leave his family some money, that was based on his fear of dying as an insignificant man. He could have died and he knew Hank and Marie would take care of his wife and kids. But that made him feel insignificant - having another man take care of his family. He wants to be the man. The biggest scene that really hammered that home for me was when they had the backyard cookout and Hank was trying to stop him from giving Junior the alcohol. Walt doesn't want Hank being the authority of the family. It all comes back to pride and ego, which I think every man has deep down.

MahiMike
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
This. How is he going to get close to them?

These writers can make anything happen. I think seeing them in the next to last episode is significant.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Gilligan, you fucking badass.

Call "Best Quality Vacuum" - 505-842-4205.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tumblr_mtkq4a0jjm1rmequvo1_1280-650x406.jpg

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Gilligan, you fucking badass.

Call "Best Quality Vacuum" - 505-842-4205.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tumblr_mtkq4a0jjm1rmequvo1_1280-650x406.jpg

What's the meaning?

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
No, actually call the number.

lcarus
09-23-2013, 01:06 PM
These writers can make anything happen. I think seeing them in the next to last episode is significant.

Yeah, it was significant in motivating Walter White's final actions. But I don't think those final actions will have to do with them.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Well, there's still Walt to kill after Todd.

Both characters have redirected their anger. Jesse will blame only himself and the AB for what happened to his ex (even though Walt led them to her originally). Jesse is the only "son" left who can even remotely understand Walt and the business they are apart of. Even when Walt handed him over to the AB and put a hit on him, it was hardly different than the Gale/Jesse situation. Walt had to choose. Jesse or him. I think we will see something redeeming between them, despite the clear hatred. Could be way off though.

lcarus
09-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Both characters have redirected their anger. Jesse will blame only himself and the AB for what happened to his ex (even though Walt led them to her originally). Jesse is the only "son" left who can even remotely understand Walt and the business they are apart of. Even when Walt handed him over to the AB and put a hit on him, it was hardly different than the Gale/Jesse situation. Walt had to choose. Jesse or him. I think we will see something redeeming between them, despite the clear hatred. Could be way off though.

That's the biggest unknown about the finale to me. How the relationship between Walter and Jesse will end.

09-23-2013, 01:18 PM
No, actually call the number.

I got a busy signal.

loochy
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
I got a busy signal.

Sony Pictures

09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Sony Pictures

Sooooo. why is this awesome?

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I got a busy signal.

I did the first few times as well.

They took the time to have Robert Forster record a message as the shop owner.

Shrug. I thought it was cool. They certainly didn't have to bother.

ptlyon
09-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Only thing that comes to mind was when Walt worked on the rotting floor in the 1st season

09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I did the first few times as well.

They took the time to have Robert Forster record a message as the shop owner.

Shrug. I thought it was cool. They certainly didn't have to bother.

Nah. I figured it was something neat. Answered my question above. Thanks. Will call again

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Don't recall exactly which episode, but Jesse talks about being inspired by a woodworking teacher. He made this intricate box for his mom, but never gave it to her - instead trading it for a bag of dope.

That's all I have.

ptlyon
09-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Don't recall exactly which episode, but Jesse talks about being inspired by a woodworking teacher. He made this intricate box for his mom, but never gave it to her - instead trading it for a bag of dope.

That's all I have.

Oh shit that's right

Sorter
09-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh shit that's right

Caskets.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Caskets.

Yo.

Sorter
09-23-2013, 01:59 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lszirmg5pG1qk62cm.gif

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Yep.

Heisenberg's swan song.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gone.gif

What's the origami a callback to?!!?

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 02:18 PM
What's the origami a callback to?!!?

It's a crumpled up napkin.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
It's a crumpled up napkin.

It's an origami swan. Or a crumpled up napkin that looks remarkably like an origami swan.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
It's an origami swan. Or a crumpled up napkin that looks remarkably like an origami swan.

That is a shitty origami swan then.

OnTheWarpath15
09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
That is a shitty origami swan then.

LMAO

Dude was in a bit of a hurry.

SLAG
09-23-2013, 02:27 PM
with the drink sitting half empty like that I don't think Walk stopped to make an origami swan between getting pissed off watching Gray Matter peeps and getting up and leaving.

I do think he Crumpled it up and left

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 02:30 PM
LMAO

Dude was in a bit of a hurry.

That's no excuse when it comes to origami.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2013, 02:30 PM
But I swear there was some character on the show who made origami swans at some point right??? AM I GOING CRAZY????!?

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 04:33 PM
But I swear there was some character on the show who made origami swans at some point right??? AM I GOING CRAZY????!?

Was it this character? Now I'm sad and depressed. It looks like Breaking Bad is going to take a really dark turn.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dxZu-6jewL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

09-23-2013, 04:41 PM

Prison Break?

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 04:59 PM

As long as we're taking complete shots in the dark.

The Schwartz's library is completely made of wood. Wood paneling, shelves, etc.... Not just a little bit. Strikingly and noticeably made of wood.

And agree on the Walt thing. It's not just the flooring, his entire house seems to be furnished and paneled with wood.

cosmo20002
09-23-2013, 05:42 PM

I think Huell was avid origamist.

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Woodworking - Walt walks in on Lydia and Schuyler giving the AB handies.

The M60 has to be for the AB. Perhaps the ricin is for Lydia.
No more loose ends, no half measures, no one to implicate Schuyler or steal Walt's credit.

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Nah he was an avid Los Pollos Hermanos patron.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Woodworking - Walt walks in on Lydia and Schuyler giving the AB handies.

The M60 has to be for the AB. Perhaps the ricin is for Lydia.
No more loose ends, no half measures, no one to implicate Schuyler or steal Walt's credit.

Jesus Christ, learn to spell Skyler.

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Jesus Christ, learn to spell Skyler.

Skyler, good old auto correct and lack of proof reading on my part.

WhiteWhale
09-23-2013, 06:21 PM
I speculated the gun was for the skinheads. I'm pretty sure that is still the case.

I figured the Ricin was for Jesse, but recent events have made that unlikely. Perhaps it is for his former co-workers.

One thing I've learned about this show is that it continues to surprise me. I really just can't wait. It's going to pay off like few shows ever do.

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I speculated the gun was for the skinheads. I'm pretty sure that is still the case.

I figured the Ricin was for Jesse, but recent events have made that unlikely. Perhaps it is for his former co-workers.

One thing I've learned about this show is that it continues to surprise me. I really just can't wait. It's going to pay off like few shows ever do.

As long as Walt doesn't end up in a diner with Skyler, Jr and Holly we're all good.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
As long as Walt doesn't end up in a diner with Skyler, Jr and Holly we're all good.

We're gonna end up with Lumberjack Walter, I just know it.

WhiteWhale
09-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Maybe he'll fake his death and become a lumberjack.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Too slow.

WhiteWhale
09-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Too slow.

:mad: Mere seconds!

Brando
09-23-2013, 06:37 PM

Maybe he'll spend the finale on trial listening to all he has wronged.
Then end up in a jail cell with Jesse, Skinny Pete, Badger and Costanza.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 06:41 PM
:mad: Mere seconds!

:D

notorious
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Everyone expect that Walt is going to use the M60 on the scumbags.

This show has never gone according to our predictions. Walt is going to get creative, and it will be awesome.

chiefzilla1501
09-23-2013, 06:56 PM

Avid? So he does it all the time? I'm guessing he ate the evidence.

WhiteWhale
09-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Everyone expect that Walt is going to use the M60 on the scumbags.

This show has never gone according to our predictions. Walt is going to get creative, and it will be awesome.

That's why it IS awesome.

One can only think they know what comes next on Breaking bad. One knows nothing about what will happen. It always surprises me.

Bewbies
09-23-2013, 07:13 PM
I hadn't thought about the ricin being for Walt, that makes some sense.

Brando
09-23-2013, 07:17 PM
That's why it IS awesome.

One can only think they know what comes next on Breaking bad. One knows nothing about what will happen. It always surprises me.

For all we know the M60 could be for his son, since he insists on being called Finn.

Baby Lee
09-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Nah he was an avid Los Pollos Hermanos patron.

ROFL ROFL

Anyone catch the latest Ray Donovan? Searching all the Buffets in LA for Sully's tubbo henchman.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 07:22 PM
For all we know the M60 could be for his son, since he insists on being called Finn.

Flynn.

Brando
09-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Flynn.

Well it isn't Wilt Jr.

Fire Me Boy!
09-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Well it isn't Wilt Jr.

ROFL

Or Walt for that matter.

Brando
09-23-2013, 07:28 PM
ROFL

Or Walt for that matter.

I'm seriously retarded tonight.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Dangit. Why can't any of you people spell "Skyler"? It's not hard.

cosmo20002
09-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Avid? So he does it all the time? I'm guessing he ate the evidence.

Despite having "fingers like hotdogs" (according to Saul) those fingers are pretty nimble. He was able to pickpocket Jesse twice. He's probably a kick-ass origamist.

The Franchise
09-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Maybe Walt goes informant and wears a wire to take down the AB?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2013, 09:49 AM

lcarus
09-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Do you guys think Schkuyeyiler is gonna die?

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 10:19 AM
No, I don't think Skyler is going to die.

09-24-2013, 10:30 AM
5 fucking days!

CaliforniaChief
09-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Did any of you guys catch Conan last night? He had the cast of the show as well as Vince Gilligan on. It was really funny, IMO.

Zebedee DuBois
09-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Do you guys think Schkuyeyiler is gonna die?

It's Schkuyeyilar.

C'mon, it's not that hard people.

Fire Me Boy!
09-24-2013, 11:03 AM
It's Schkuyeyilar.

C'mon, it's not that hard people.

You forgot the silent G.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Did any of you guys catch Conan last night? He had the cast of the show as well as Vince Gilligan on. It was really funny, IMO.
http://teamcoco.com/celebs/breaking-bad

NewChief
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM

Q.

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Details on the hockey game that was on in the bar: http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/23/last-nights-breaking-bad-featured-a-classic-college-hockey-game-from-1998/

MahiMike
09-24-2013, 01:12 PM

Was just gonna post this. It was very good. Best Conan in months.

MahiMike
09-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Ok, time for predictions. It's too difficult to accurately guess what's gonna happen. But at least we can reckon which characters die/live.

Here's my best guess:

Skyler - lives on to bitch at her next husband
Walt Jr. - lives, becomes very popular, gets the babes
Marie - lives (not sure why)
Holly - Dies! Arian nation kidnaps her and gets shot in cross fire.
Gray Matter couple - Dies from Ricin!
Saul - he gone. Not dead. just gone to start new show.
Jack and Arian nation - dies of course. They get the business end of an M60.
Todd - lives! Gonna be on Saul's show.
Jesse - lives! If you can call that living. He's basically a vegetable. But he feels better after killing Walt.
Walt - see above. He's gonna get it right between the eyes right after he saves Jesse. Thanks Jesse. Thanks for nothin'!

loochy
09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok, time for predictions. It's too difficult to accurately guess what's gonna happen. But at least we can reckon which characters die/live.

Here's my best guess:

Skyler - lives on to bitch at her next husband
Walt Jr. - lives, becomes very popular, gets the babes
Marie - lives (not sure why)
Holly - Dies! Arian nation kidnaps her and gets shot in cross fire.
Gray Matter couple - Dies from Ricin!
Saul - he gone. Not dead. just gone to start new show.
Jack and Arian nation - dies of course. They get the business end of an M60.
Todd - lives! Gonna be on Saul's show.
Jesse - lives! If you can call that living. He's basically a vegetable. But he feels better after killing Walt.
Walt - see above. He's gonna get it right between the eyes right after he saves Jesse. Thanks Jesse. Thanks for nothin'!
Saul's new show takes place well BEFORE all of this went down

keg in kc
09-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Indeed, Saul's show is a prequel, so characters living or dying Sunday has no relevance there.

Baby Lee
09-24-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/dean-norris-trains-for-the-dea

notorious
09-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Walt had just given up by calling the DEA when he saw his former partners on TV completely writing him off. Gretchen said,"Walt is dead".

Walt is dead, but Heisenberg was resurrected with her words.

Perhaps what we saw with the M60 occurs after the finale. He is just going about his normal business building his empire.

lcarus
09-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Walt had just given up by calling the DEA when he saw his former partners on TV completely writing him off. Gretchen said,"Walt is dead".

Walt is dead, but Heisenberg was resurrected with her words.

Perhaps what we saw with the M60 occurs after the finale. He is just going about his normal business building his empire.

So are you coming to hang out Sunday for the Chefs and Breaking Bad? Actually a few times I've gone to Buffalo Wild Wings for Chiefs games and to my surprise it was packed FULL of Chiefs fans. It was a great time. I'm gonna have to go for a game or two this year.

notorious
09-24-2013, 05:55 PM
So are you coming to hang out Sunday for the Chefs and Breaking Bad? Actually a few times I've gone to Buffalo Wild Wings for Chiefs games and to my surprise it was packed FULL of Chiefs fans. It was a great time. I'm gonna have to go for a game or two this year.

I am 5 hours from T-Town, or I would take you up on your offer.

Also, one of my best friends swallowed a shotgun in Jenks 2 years ago, so it kind of soured me a little bit (even though I had awesome times there).

lcarus
09-24-2013, 08:25 PM
I am 5 hours from T-Town, or I would take you up on your offer.

Also, one of my best friends swallowed a shotgun in Jenks 2 years ago, so it kind of soured me a little bit (even though I had awesome times there).

Oh damn. Sorry to hear that. :(

notorious
09-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh damn. Sorry to hear that. :(

Thanks, but I have accepted it for what it is and have moved on a long time ago.

lcarus
09-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks, but I have accepted it for what it is and have moved on a long time ago.

Yep, now just things to look forward to. Such as what should be a fuckin epic series finale of Breaking Bad.

Baby Lee
09-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Yep, now just things to look forward to. Such as what should be a fuckin epic series finale of Breaking Bad.

Some are positing that the finale might be a letdown, but by design not failure.

They argue that Gilligan really wants to establish that crime doesn't pay. Nobody complicit in this saga can redeem themselves, not even in a noble death. Perhaps his strongest statement is for everyone to die ignobly or slink off into obscurity.

T-post Tom
09-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Walt has never been calculated anywhere outside of about two scenes in the entire series. He acts upon ego and impulse.

Couldn't disagree more. Ego is his downfall, but he's consistently been the evil genius that one-upped all the other criminals.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Some are positing that the finale might be a letdown, but by design not failure.

They argue that Gilligan really wants to establish that crime doesn't pay. Nobody complicit in this saga can redeem themselves, not even in a noble death. Perhaps his strongest statement is for everyone to die ignobly or slink off into obscurity.

I don't think Gilligan is that simple-minded. Killing Walt off isn't punishment considering he's knocking on the door of death anyway. I just can't see this show ending without something really bad happening to his family, and him being alive to see it. If you do that coupled with Jesse's already abusing himself, that makes for some pretty powerful tv.

T-post Tom
09-25-2013, 12:34 AM

Maybe a Soprano-esque fade to black? Don't stop believin'...

My prediction: Jesse finds himself with the option to kill Walt after Walt mows down Jesse's captors, essentially saving Jesse's life...again. Jesse has been somewhat of a moral compass and perhaps this is his final crossroads. Not bad for a character that was supposed to die in the first season.

pr_capone
09-25-2013, 02:07 AM
My thoughts.

The writers have been using the ricin as a red herring from the start... just like Walt held the ricin as a red herring over Jesse when Brock was poisoned.

I believe that although Todd is a sociopath for sure... he has DEEP respect for Walter. So much so that Walter is the one and only reason that Skyler and the kids are alive. He is also extremely logical, cold, and calculated about everything he does. All things that his uncle Jack isn't. He was ready to kill Jesse after the confession tape but Todd stopped him. Jack makes the case that they already hit the jackpot but Todd comes back with "this is millions... how can you turn your back on more?". BOOM... Jesse is cooking and meth is at 96%. Todd is a forward thinker.

Walt comes back to take down the AB in some undefined manner that will include shooting the ever loving shit out of some skin heads with an M60. Todd kills Jack face to face, remember in the scene where Jack was talking about how Lydia's coochie would be like a wood chipper and all the skinheads were laughing... Todd was displeased, and joins forces with idol Heisenberg.

Lydia is Walt's intended target for the ricin but because of Todd's feelings for, and because she is their pipeline to millions in Europe, Lydia becomes untouchable. Walt relents because doing so gives him an opportunity to reclaim his empire, even if only temporarily, and the nest egg for his family. Todd is likely very content to play the role of muscle/consiglieri to Walter.

Jesse, for me, is the biggest question mark. I believe he is a week and broken man. He won't want to get close to anyone ever again. He sends a large sum of money to Brock('s family) and is given taken to NH by the vacuum cleaner guy after being convinced he should give Jesse a second chance. Jesse lives out his days as a hermit on those 2 acres.

Walt starts cooking again with Todd who soaks it all in learning how to produce the infamous blue meth. Walter dies very shortly after of cancer, never having seen his family again and doesn't get the opportunity to exact revenge on Elliot and Gretchen. In order to completely take the eyes of the law off Skyler, Walt has Todd place his body somewhere it can be found. Skyler moves the family away to escape the stigma, she has already gone back to her maiden name, and starts a "legitimate" business to launder the money that Jack originally stole plus whatever is earned from Walt's final cooks.

mdchiefsfan
09-25-2013, 06:33 AM

I thought in his discussion with Saul he did all that to get Skylar and his family in the clear from his doings. Saul even said something about the conversation he had over the phone with her was perfect and probably recorded, or something to that extent.

notorious
09-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Skyler has plenty of money. She has been stealing out of the pot since the beginning.

She is working the job and going along with everything until things cool down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walt gives her some info to give to the DEA that takes down Lydia so that Skyler gets off free.

mr. tegu
09-25-2013, 07:06 AM
So I have finished the first two episodes so far. I think this show just might have a chance to be good.

AussieChiefsFan
09-25-2013, 07:22 AM
So I have finished the first two episodes so far. I think this show just might have a chance to be good.

LMAO

Lex Luthor
09-25-2013, 07:22 AM

Nah, you should watch something else.

ptlyon
09-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Probably been mentioned, but the entire series marathon starts tonite at 7 central for those who have not seen it.

ChiefsFanatic
09-25-2013, 08:32 AM

What if something anticlimactic happens, like some obscure person, like a low level dealer for the AB, tips the DEA off about the AB compound, and they show up just as its about to hit the fan, and everyone just gets arrested. Fade to white.

OnTheWarpath15
09-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Probably been mentioned, but the entire series marathon starts tonite at 7 central for those who have not seen it.

Have the DVR set.

lcarus
09-25-2013, 08:56 AM

I honestly didn't get really into it until 4 or 5 episodes in. Not that the first few werent good (edpecially looking back), but it just gets better the deeper Walt gets in.

loochy
09-25-2013, 09:20 AM

Dude, get out of this thread and stop ruining the series surprises for yourself. Only come back here when you are all caught up.

ptlyon
09-25-2013, 09:24 AM
I honestly didn't get really into it until 4 or 5 episodes in. Not that the first few werent good (edpecially looking back), but it just gets better the deeper Walt gets in.

I was hooked after the repeat of the first episode and the second was on in week 2.

A friend of mine saw the first one & told me to catch the replay. I was all amped up like i was smokin the schwag!

ThaVirus
09-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Its always funny when they meet out in BFE in the desert somewhere.

"Hey, uh. Meet me by the patch of sand and tumble weed."

mr. tegu
09-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Dude, get out of this thread and stop ruining the series surprises for yourself. Only come back here when you are all caught up.

Haha. I haven't read a single post other than mine and the associated responses.

notorious
09-25-2013, 09:35 AM
"Cow houses?"

"You know, where they live, the cows."

:facepalm:

lmao

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Will Todd rape Lydia?

Thread crossover. Would You?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHQuCGL_nSXpUa_5my_c4ImDaxDa-ylwMAZKO1Kyqnkg-a0yXNTA

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 10:51 AM

What were you about to start your period? Pussy.

loochy
09-25-2013, 11:08 AM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHQuCGL_nSXpUa_5my_c4ImDaxDa-ylwMAZKO1Kyqnkg-a0yXNTA

YUP

as long as i was never required to have a conversation with her or really be around her

loochy
09-25-2013, 11:08 AM

ROFL

MahiMike
09-25-2013, 12:48 PM
My thoughts.

The writers have been using the ricin as a red herring from the start... just like Walt held the ricin as a red herring over Jesse when Brock was poisoned.

I believe that although Todd is a sociopath for sure... he has DEEP respect for Walter. So much so that Walter is the one and only reason that Skyler and the kids are alive. He is also extremely logical, cold, and calculated about everything he does. All things that his uncle Jack isn't. He was ready to kill Jesse after the confession tape but Todd stopped him. Jack makes the case that they already hit the jackpot but Todd comes back with "this is millions... how can you turn your back on more?". BOOM... Jesse is cooking and meth is at 96%. Todd is a forward thinker.

Walt comes back to take down the AB in some undefined manner that will include shooting the ever loving shit out of some skin heads with an M60. Todd kills Jack face to face, remember in the scene where Jack was talking about how Lydia's coochie would be like a wood chipper and all the skinheads were laughing... Todd was displeased, and joins forces with idol Heisenberg.

Lydia is Walt's intended target for the ricin but because of Todd's feelings for, and because she is their pipeline to millions in Europe, Lydia becomes untouchable. Walt relents because doing so gives him an opportunity to reclaim his empire, even if only temporarily, and the nest egg for his family. Todd is likely very content to play the role of muscle/consiglieri to Walter.

Jesse, for me, is the biggest question mark. I believe he is a week and broken man. He won't want to get close to anyone ever again. He sends a large sum of money to Brock('s family) and is given taken to NH by the vacuum cleaner guy after being convinced he should give Jesse a second chance. Jesse lives out his days as a hermit on those 2 acres.

Walt starts cooking again with Todd who soaks it all in learning how to produce the infamous blue meth. Walter dies very shortly after of cancer, never having seen his family again and doesn't get the opportunity to exact revenge on Elliot and Gretchen. In order to completely take the eyes of the law off Skyler, Walt has Todd place his body somewhere it can be found. Skyler moves the family away to escape the stigma, she has already gone back to her maiden name, and starts a "legitimate" business to launder the money that Jack originally stole plus whatever is earned from Walt's final cooks.

You might be right about the Ricin. Kinda considered that myself. As far as Todd and his uncle are concerned. I disagree. I think they're both level headed thinkers. Jack is about the only character other than Hank that does what he says. He's the most trust-worthy crook on the show. LMAO Just does it in a matter-of-fact way.

Todd talking about making millions more was dumb. It's really not a reflection on Todd, rather the writers need to keep Jesse involved.

Why would Walt give a shit about Lydia? He has other fish to fry. They ended on a good note and she can do nothing for him dead or alive.

No way Walt survives this episode. He must die with the show.

keg in kc
09-25-2013, 01:32 PM
That's way too happy an ending.

Baby Lee
09-25-2013, 01:33 PM

I don't think Gilligan is that simple-minded. Killing Walt off isn't punishment considering he's knocking on the door of death anyway. I just can't see this show ending without something really bad happening to his family, and him being alive to see it. If you do that coupled with Jesse's already abusing himself, that makes for some pretty powerful tv.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gdUqHe2Wlhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mojo Rising
09-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Interesting theories on the web on the ending based on the episode title, Felina. I think it is a combo of the El Paso country western music song and Fe Li Na, (chemistry symbols for blood, meth and tears.)

The Franchise
09-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't envision any ending where Jesse doesn't kill Todd.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 02:34 PM

Careful. I bet she is crawling with chlamlydia

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't envision any ending where Jesse doesn't kill Todd.

Breaking bad isn't conventional. I could easily see a scenario where Gilliland leaves an uncomfortable ending where the 'bad guys' (Jesse and walt) lose, only to be replaced by the next set of bad guys. Where Lydia and/or Todd are the new kingpins. We saw Gus regime completely topple to be replaced by walts. I can easily see walts regime completely topple to new control. Subtle way of saying crime doesn't pay, but that it continues to perpetuate in cycles.

ptlyon
09-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Two regimes actually. In a year.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 03:48 PM
http://previously.tv/breaking-bad/breaking-bads-upcoming-felina-finale-explained/

I don't necessarily agree with their interpretation of the absolute end, but this is a pretty damn good interpretation of events that might happen in the finale.

Most interestingly... Walt's disguise name is Mr. Lambert, which is the last name of Skyler and Marie. What's the significance of that?

ThaVirus
09-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Just caught up on the last 4 episodes. HOLY SHIT!

I really hope Jesse makes it out of this; he's been my favorite character since day one. He's such an idiot most of the time but he's not all bad and he's been through so much.

I loved the scene where he was about to light Walt's house on fire and Hank caught him- "He can't keep getting away with it". So much emotion.

.. And with all that's happened in the past couple episodes, I don't see how one of the two doesn't kill the other.

ThaVirus
09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
These fucking Aryan dudes don't give a damn about anything. Fuck life. They keep it trill as can be.

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Careful. I bet she is crawling with chlamlydia

first I was like :spock:, then I was likeLMAO

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Don't know if this is a repost, but just re-watched the Fly episode. Forgot how hilarious this episode was.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/09xwj7L7-Z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

journeyscarab
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Don't know if this is a repost, but just re-watched the Fly episode. Forgot how hilarious this episode was.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/09xwj7L7-Z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Q! Yes but its hilarious anyway! ROFL

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2013, 05:19 PM
So who else cleared out their DVR memory for the BB marathon?

Anyong Bluth
09-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Skyler has plenty of money. She has been stealing out of the pot since the beginning.

She is working the job and going along with everything until things cool down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walt gives her some info to give to the DEA that takes down Lydia so that Skyler gets off free.

Anything they have is seized or frozen by the government. Rico and drug laws- that's why she is working as a cab dispatch to make some money. She doesn't have anything and even if she had a tiny bit tucked away, she is being monitored 24/7 and the slightest hint of using laundered drug money just would be the last thing shed attempt if she wants any hope of being cleared as an accessory to keep her children.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Ego is his downfall, but he's consistently been the evil genius that one-upped all the other criminals.

Yeah. He really one-upped the AB. He needed Jesse to save his ass so he wasn't killed by Gus. Same thing with Tuco.

He was so ill-prepared for Hank's foray to the laundry that he had to crash his car. Let's also not forget that he left evidence that implicated him in the bathroom that his DEA BIL found while taking a shit.

Krazy 8 would have killed him in the third episode had he not seen the plate in a stroke of random luck. And even had Krazy 8 never had the sliver slide over to him, he would have informed on him like he did Emilio.

I don't even know what show you're watching.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 05:46 PM

Please, flex your nuts more, Internet Badass.

I hope that this thread isn't a representative sample, because if it is, the show deserves better than the dumbass viewers it has.

Baby Lee
09-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Breaking bad isn't conventional. I could easily see a scenario where Gilliland leaves an uncomfortable ending where the 'bad guys' (Jesse and walt) lose, only to be replaced by the next set of bad guys. Where Lydia and/or Todd are the new kingpins. We saw Gus regime completely topple to be replaced by walts. I can easily see walts regime completely topple to new control. Subtle way of saying crime doesn't pay, but that it continues to perpetuate in cycles.

For Fuck's Sake!!

It's spelled S K Y L A R!!!!

Anyong Bluth
09-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Interesting theories on the web on the ending based on the episode title, Felina. I think it is a combo of the El Paso country western music song and Fe Li Na, (chemistry symbols for blood, meth and tears.)

Fe is Iron, not that it isn't associated with both blood and guns- I love Br Ba for its little easter eggs.

lcarus
09-25-2013, 05:54 PM

I hope that this thread isn't a representative sample, because if it is, the show deserves better than the dumbass viewers it has.

The show probably enjoys viewers whether they're handicapped or not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 06:01 PM

The writer said that it isn't an anagram, but even if it was:

Iron...I guess, but very tangential.
Lithium...not even remotely related. Lithium can be a precursor for meth via shake and bake, but methamphetamine is all carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen in its chemical composition.
Na for salt...and tears...pretty tenuous.

Reaper16
09-25-2013, 06:26 PM

Oh, it is absolutely representative.

Baby Lee
09-25-2013, 06:56 PM
The writer said that it isn't an anagram, but even if it was:

Iron...I guess, but very tangential.
Lithium...not even remotely related. Lithium can be a precursor for meth via shake and bake, but methamphetamine is all carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen in its chemical composition.
Na for salt...and tears...pretty tenuous.

Only thing I could suss was the Li and Na are quite explosive.

Pitt Gorilla
09-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Only thing I could suss was the Li and Na are quite explosive.Hell yes, it's explosive! But what does it MEAN?!?!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pkcJEvMcnEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
09-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Skyler looks so much better in the 1st season.

She is not hot, but she looks 11tybillion times better.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Skyler looks so much better in the 1st season.

She is not hot, but she looks 11tybillion times better.

As bad as the awful plastic surgery and weight gain were, going to that overly blonde hair did not suit her. The darker hair w/ blonde highlights suited her face much better.

notorious
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
As bad as the awful plastic surgery and weight gain were, going to that overly blonde hair did not suit her. The darker hair w/ blonde highlights suited her face much better.

She had plastic surgery?

Wow, she really didn't need it.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Only thing I could suss was the Li and Na are quite explosive.

Holy shit. Things got really fucking weird.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Na_(tennis)

Can't be a coincidence. She has quite an explosive backhand

Que Card QB
09-25-2013, 08:17 PM
He still has the Ricin right?

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2013, 08:18 PM
He still has the Ricin right?

Li Na has the rice in

notorious
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
The just picked up what was left of Emelio. LMAO

09-25-2013, 08:29 PM

Oh, it is absolutely representative.

Ok, guys. Our academic superiors have spoken. GTFO. Lit majors only.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Ok, guys. Our academic superiors have spoken. GTFO. Lit majors only.

It has nothing to do with being an academic superior, but functionally literate.

Lex Luthor
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
For ****'s Sake!!

It's spelled S K Y L A R!!!!
Um, actually it's Skyler, not Skylar.

So there's that.

notorious
09-25-2013, 08:44 PM
"How much do you charge for a 'Wendy', Wendy?"

Sfeihc
09-25-2013, 08:50 PM
"How much do you charge for a 'Wendy', Wendy?" LMAO

Just started watching tonight. My DVR may explode but I'm all-in on this ****.

notorious
09-25-2013, 08:54 PM
LMAO

Just started watching tonight. My DVR may explode but I'm all-in on this ****.

First time through?

Be careful not to read any of this thread.

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 09:27 PM

If I flexed my nuts anywhere near the internet I would break it.

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 09:39 PM
It has nothing to do with being an academic superior, but functionally literate.

You know you come across as a know it all snob, right? And a butt-hurt little bitch. I bet you have lots of friends, your nearly 53,000 posts indicate a thriving social life.

NewChief
09-25-2013, 09:46 PM

Hah. This is a pretty decent viewership. You should check out the BB thread on Hogville.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 09:46 PM
You know you come across as a know it all snob, right? And a butt-hurt little bitch. I bet you have lots of friends, your nearly 53,000 posts indicate a thriving social life.

Post count smack. How original. You come across as a harping fucking dumbass whose IQ would increase if you took a shotgun to the frontal lobe, assuming you have much more than a lizard brain.

mike_b_284
09-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Post count smack. How original. You come across as a harping ****ing dumbass whose IQ would increase if you took a shotgun to the frontal lobe, assuming you have much more than a lizard brain.

There's my butt-hurt little bitch. Daddy likes it when you talk dirty.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2013, 09:53 PM
There's my butt-hurt little bitch. Daddy likes it when you talk dirty.

You're an anthropomorphized anal wart of BIG_DADDY, aren't you?