PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFLN says Rams getting calls for thier second.

CrazyHorse
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Does that mean we are getting calls? If so, I hope the Rams aren't willing to come off thier pick. NFLN says the rams didn't say whether they were willing to trade, only that they were getting calls. Also didn't say which teams they were.

eazyb81
04-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm sure everyone is getting calls right now.

salame
04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
I think there is a good chance the rams get the sweet deal and not the chiefs

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
If St. Louis is getting calls then so are we.

xbarretx
04-25-2009, 10:15 AM

not - this.

xbarretx
If St. Louis is getting calls then so are we.

this

swayy07
im pretty sure unless they are trying to undercut us or something that its also going to take a crap load for them to trade that pick to so im not to worried if the #3 pick isn't going to be cheap neither is the #2 pick.

xbarretx
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
im pretty sure unless they are trying to undercut us or something that its also going to take a crap load for them to trade that pick to so im not to worried if the #3 pick isn't going to cheap neither is the #2 pick.

yeah, besides its not like there are lots of teams that could trade into those slots. that is unless they start dipping into future year picks...

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Why? Why in the hell would someone trade up to #2 when they could trade up to #3 and accomplish the same thing.

1. They actually want to move in front of KC to get Jackson

seriously doubt it.

2. They think they can get such a better trade deal from St. louis that it would make up for the higher contract they would have to pay at #2.

St. Louis would seriously have to be giving a great deal for that.

3. People actually think that KC might take Sanchez or already has a deal with another team to trade up for Sanchez.

This is the most likely.

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Btw i hope someone shoves a red hot poker up St. Louis collective arse. :cuss:

DTLB58
04-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Anyone can get calls. Dosen't mean they are serious it could just mean they are inquiring what it would take to move up.

I'm hoping though.

salame
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Why? Why in the hell would someone trade up to #2 when they could trade up to #3 and accomplish the same thing.

seriously doubt it.

2. They think they can get such a better trade deal from St. louis that it would make up for the higher contract they would have to pay at #2.

3. People actually think that KC might take Sanchez or already has a deal with another team to trade up for Sanchez.

This is the most likely.

Well, it was apparently made public yesterday that St. Louis' asking price was lower than the Chiefs so that sound like a good enough reason to me.

CrazyHorse
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
im pretty sure unless they are trying to undercut us or something that its also going to take a crap load for them to trade that pick to so im not to worried if the #3 pick isn't going to be cheap neither is the #2 pick.

The Rams will likely have to be willing to give up thier player to trade out. All we have to be willing to do is match St' Louis unless someone is wanting to move up and take St.L's player. But if it's Sanchez, then St'Louis might set the market for the #3 pick.

All things being equal, the #3 is cheaper than the #2 from a money stand point.

chiefs1111
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
well I hope we are getting some calls as well..

swayy07
04-25-2009, 10:22 AM
i don't care how it all works out as long as we keep Sanchez from going to Denver and give them the biggest middle finger on the planet would be a great day 1 for me. if we can trade out of the number three great if not i hate to pay the money for someone we dont really want that high but not really shit you can do about it.

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, it was apparently made public yesterday that St. Louis' asking price was lower than the Chiefs so that sound like a good enough reason to me.
The contract issue is huge, St. Louis would have be giving a serious discount for a team to go to #2 instead of #3. You are taking millions of dollars.

Taking a QB at #2 instead of #3 would mean a ton o' cash

last year's numbers:

1. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins - 5 years, $57.5 million ($30 million guaranteed)
2. Chris Long, St. Louis Rams - 6 years, $56.5 million ($29 million guaranteed)
3. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons - 6 years, $72 million ($34 million guaranteed)
4. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders - 6 years, $60 million ($26 million guaranteed)
5. Glenn Dorsey, Kansas City Chiefs - 5 years, $51 million ($23 million guaranteed)

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
i don't care how it all works out as long as we keep Sanchez from going to Denver and give them the biggest middle finger on the planet would be a great day 1 for me. if we can trade out of the number three great if not i hate to pay the money for someone we dont really want that high but not really shit you can do about it.
Getting our player and a better deal for us is FAR more important than keeping Sanchez away from Denver.

Kyle DeLexus
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
This has to be the first year I'm nervous about the draft. Excited and nervous at the same time. In past years, I knew CP would fuck shit up.

salame
04-25-2009, 10:25 AM
The contract issue is huge, St. Louis would have be giving a serious discount for a team to go to #2 instead of #3. You are taking millions of dollars.

Taking a QB at #2 instead of #3 would mean a ton o' cash

last year's numbers:

1. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins - 5 years, $57.5 million ($30 million guaranteed)
2. Chris Long, St. Louis Rams - 6 years, $56.5 million ($29 million guaranteed)
3. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons - 6 years, $72 million ($34 million guaranteed)
4. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders - 6 years, $60 million ($26 million guaranteed)
5. Glenn Dorsey, Kansas City Chiefs - 5 years, $51 million ($23 million guaranteed)

We are all speculating really

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:29 AM
We are all speculating really
Of course, that's part of the fun. :D

swayy07
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Getting our player and a better deal for us is FAR more important than keeping Sanchez away from Denver.

that's very true but at the same time i really don't think there is one guy we can pick in the first round that is going to automatically make us better then the rest of teams in our division. so why not use a little strategy along with it is all im saying keep Denver from acquiring there new possible franchise QB and getting a good player that we can use at the same time. i think i would rather see us playing against a team with kyle Orton or Chris Sims rather than with Sanchez IMHO.

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
that's very true but at the same time i really don't think there is one guy we can pick in the first round that is going to automatically make us better then the rest of teams in our division. so why not use a little strategy along with it is all im saying keep Denver from acquiring there new possible franchise QB and getting a good player that we can use at the same time. i think i would rather see us playing against a team with kyle Orton or Chris Sims rather than with Sanchez IMHO.
Agreed, but i would still trade the #3 pick to Denver for their two 1st round picks.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 11:06 AM

I fear you're correct.

Reaper16
04-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Can someone go burn St. Louis down and salt the earth? They've had it coming for so long.

BigRock
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
The Rams are the ones saying they're getting calls. Which is code for "Other teams, please call us!!!"

They could be getting nothing at all.

Kyle DeLexus
04-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Talk about smokescreen with Billy from the Rams in his interview

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
I can't imagine that the Rams want/need to trade down as much as we do. They can draft a LT at #2 and be pretty much fine on value and need. We are pretty much screwed on the other hand if we don't trade down unless we decide to grab Sanchez.

wazu
04-25-2009, 11:22 AM

What good will it do them to attain the #3 pick if somebody else grabs the #2 from St. Louis and drafts Sanchez?

Mr. Krab
04-25-2009, 11:25 AM
What good will it do them to attain the #3 pick if somebody else grabs the #2 from St. Louis and drafts Sanchez?
It's extremely rare for a team to trade up into the top 5 ever. Now we are supposed to believe that teams are climbing the ladder to get to a player in the top 2? Not likely.

Dave Lane
04-25-2009, 11:39 AM

That would be really stupid. We want to trade and it would cost lots less to trade with us.

rad
04-25-2009, 11:45 AM
They need to draft Smith or Crabtree and STFU.

Anyone think they would take Crabtree? Their WR are nobodies....I think Donnie Avery is their top guy.

BigRock
04-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Can you imagine the meltdown if we hadn't traded for Cassel and suddenly this Rams/Sanchez talk popped up in the final 48 hours?

irishjayhawk
04-25-2009, 11:55 AM
That would be really stupid. We want to trade and it would cost lots less to trade with us.

But that assumes that St Louie doesn't cockblock us.

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Can you imagine the meltdown if we hadn't traded for Cassel and suddenly this Rams/Sanchez talk popped up in the final 48 hours?
Woooohooooo. Tyler Thigpen for another year. But that know nothing Pioli went and "ruined our #3 value" by getting Cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 12:23 PM

seriously doubt it.

This is the most likely.

It's much more likely that the Rams will take Sanchez than the Chiefs now...