PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Motherfuck you Scott Pioli

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
No it doesn't.

So our offensive production will show no drop with out Tony g here........?

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I love draft day. It brings out the best in people.

You can really feel the love in here... :)

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I can't believe Bea Arthur is dead. I always wanted to fuck her. She was clearly the hottest of the Golden Girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM

Who knows?

We upgraded at QB, we upgraded at RG. So far, LT, LG, and C appear to be the same guys. We're not sure about the RT right now. We've not downgraded at WR. And we've got the same OC.

So about the only difference is that we don't have TG. When you compare that to the difference between Pistol and Cassel, it looks like a wash.

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
This is the dumbest post I have ever read. The worst off season ever? We got rid of the worst coach to ever grace the sidelines of Arrowhead along with the dick sneeze GM who hired said HC.

We got stuck with a top 3 pick in a shitty draft. Jackson maybe a bit of a reach but nothing compared to what Oakland did today with DHB. Considering we set a record for fewest sacks in a season last year we need as much help as we can possibly get on the Dline.

We traded away a great TE who didn't want to be here any longer and wasn't going to be the focal point of Haley's offense anyway. We never won shit with TG in the past 12 seasons so what does it matter at this point?

We are stuck with an overpaid, broke down RB who is overpaid and broke down because of the morons who previously ran this team.

Just the fact that we got rid of Herm and Carl is enough to make this offseason great regardless of who we draft. That, and the Cassel trade completely screwed Denver.

I don't know how you can say this could possibly be the worst offseason ever.

Anyone that thinks this is the best off season ever must really have liked Carl and Herm.

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I dont disagree with this statement but it still hurts the chiefs he is not going to play this year.

With TG what would you think our record would be this year?

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Who knows?

We upgraded at QB, we upgraded at RG. So far, LT, LG, and C appear to be the same guys. We're not sure about the RT right now. We've not downgraded at WR. And we've got the same OC.

So about the only difference is that we don't have TG. When you compare that to the difference between Pistol and Cassel, it looks like a wash.

um Cassel had moss/welker there is no way we have the same offensive production with out Tony G.

RJ
[QUOTE=shitgoose;5710472]

We got stuck with a top 3 pick in a shitty draft. /QUOTE]

Hold on there, friend. We earned that pick.

oaklandhater
With TG what would you think our record would be this year?

1-15

Bwana
04-25-2009, 09:25 PM
I love draft day. It brings out the best in people.

Dude, truer words have never been typed. LMAO

shitgoose
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=shitgoose;5710472]

We got stuck with a top 3 pick in a shitty draft. /QUOTE]

Hold on there, friend. We earned that pick.

True. It was more in reference of our inability to trade out the pick due to the lack of talent at the top

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I can't believe Bea Arthur is dead. I always wanted to **** her. She was clearly the hottest of the Golden Girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn, another mountain I didn't conquer that I have to scratch off my list.

Halle Berry is still kicking though isn't she?

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
1-15

Guess I don't understand your logic then.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Shhh no free minded thinking Love every move pioli makes or die.

He get's to go to work tomorrow which is where he "shines" according to history.

Make history you cue-ball headed fuck.

I can't believe Bea Arthur is dead. I always wanted to fuck her. She was clearly the hottest of the Golden Girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO Fuck you PZ. :D "It's Curry, and it's a no-brainer". Now where is THAT motherfucker???

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
um Cassel had moss/welker there is no way we have the same offensive production with out Tony G.

Um, Tony G. had Tyler "where's the barn so I can try to hit it" Thigpen. The loss of Tony G. is offset by the loss of Thigpen.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Man some people need to relax we can't fill 20 holes in 1 year.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Guess I don't understand your logic then.

our offense is still going ot hurt this year with out him.

We just made another hole on offense on top of a shitload of holes we all rdy have.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM

We just made another hole on offense on top of a shitload of holes we all rdy have.

We lost Tony G. And we replaced Adrian Jones, quite possibly the worst RG I've ever seen, with Mike Goff. And we replaced Pistol with Matt Cassel.

Again, it's a wash. And we still have like SIX PICKS tomorrow.

JFC.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
We lost Tony G. And we replaced Adrian Jones, quite possibly the worst RG I've ever seen, with Mike Goff. And we replaced Pistol with Matt Cassel.

Again, it's a wash. And we still have like SIX PICKS tomorrow.

JFC.

I think you really undervauled Tony G if you think we can get 2 player tomorrow that can step up anf fill the hole that tony left here.

mlyonsd
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM

When do you think the Chiefs realisticlly will have a shot at the playoffs?

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd rather not start reaching for WR's because they're thinking about right now.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
When do you think the Chiefs realisticlly will have a shot at the playoffs?

3-4 years away.

I know it will help us in the long run but next season fan's will really notice the loss of tony g.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd rather not start reaching for WR's because they're thinking about right now.

I was Honestly surprised crabtree fell as far as he did.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I think you really undervauled Tony G if you think we can get 2 player tomorrow that can step up anf fill the hole that tony left here.

We're not gonna get back Tony's production next year. But we weren't going to win next year WITH HIM.

Tony has been in the league for 12 years. His play could fall off the cliff at any time.

People have to stop acting like next season matters for any other reason than to evaluate how many guys fit into our FUTURE.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I was Honestly surprised crabtree fell as far as he did.

That's what happens when a WR has speed questions teams are scared of them.

shitgoose
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM

You are overvalueing (sp?) the TE position in general here. TG is a great player but most teams don't make their TE the primary recieving option for an offense for 12 seasons.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
3-4 years away.

I know it will help us in the long run but next season fan's will really notice the loss of tony g.

And what are we out?

We won SIX games in the last 2 years, WITH Tony.

His production didn't translate into wins.

If this team wins 6 or 7 games this season, without Tony, NOBODY is gonna notice that his production is missing. NOBODY.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
We're not gonna get back Tony's production next year.

hence our offense will suffer JFC thats all I wanted to hear.

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Look this year the real value left is on the line, lets use the mid rounds to build our lines, it only makes to much sense.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:44 PM
And what are we out?

If this team wins 6 or 7 games this season, without Tony, NOBODY is gonna notice that his production is missing. NOBODY.

You think we can win 6-7 games with this squad?????

oaklandhater
Look this year the real value left is on the line, lets use the mid rounds to build our lines, it only makes to much sense.

100% agree.

rad

Yeah, maybe. You said "hurts the CHIEFS", not "hurts the chiefs' offensive production". I was looking at the big picture.

Mecca

It's not really about this year...this is the first year.

DeezNutz
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM

This question would be the exact same, with or without Gonzo.

rad
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
And what are we out?

How many more games do you think we would have won last season with a DE of Tony's caliber on the defense?

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:49 PM
hence our offense will suffer JFC thats all I wanted to hear.

LISTEN.

The loss of Tony is OFFSET BY THE LOSS OF TYLER FUCKING THIGPEN.

It's absolutely EASY to see how our offense will be EXACTLY AS EFFECTIVE AS IT WAS LAST YEAR, and possibly BETTER if we continue to build the offensive line.

He's a goddamn TE and that's all there is to it.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM

I do, but that's beside the point.

I said "IF" the team wins 6 or 7 games.

And the point stands.

IF this team wins 6 or 7 games, nobody besides you is going to miss a fucking middle-aged tight end.

DeezNutz
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
The loss of Tony is OFFSET BY THE LOSS OF TYLER ****ING THIGPEN.

The same Thigpen whom many believe is a GREAT backup? ROFL

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:54 PM
This question would be the exact same, with or without Gonzo.

can't argue with that.

oaklandhater
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I do, but that's beside the point.

I said "IF" the team wins 6 or 7 games.

And the point stands.

IF this team wins 6 or 7 games, nobody besides you is going to miss a ****ing middle-aged tight end.

so if we win 6-7 games with a 29 ranked offense your not going to miss tony g THIS YEAR...?

Mecca
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
so if we win 6-7 games with a 29 ranked offense your not going to miss tony g THIS YEAR...?

No...I'm more concerned where they'll be in 4 years not where they are right now.

htismaqe
04-25-2009, 10:00 PM

Not at all.

I don't give one shit about offensive rankings. I care about wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
How many more games do you think we would have won last season with a DE of Tony's caliber on the defense?

Glug-Glug-Glug, Guzzle-Guzzle-Guzzle;
Rad want's more of that Jesus Berry shizzle!!!

ROFL

rad
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Glug-Glug-Glug, Guzzle-Guzzle-Guzzle;
Rad want's more of that Jesus Berry shizzle!!!

ROFL

WTF are you talking about...

I don't think you comprehended my post correctly.

rad
04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Not at all.

I don't give one shit about offensive rankings. I care about wins.

That's it.

Just Passin' By
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
The irony here is that Hamas and his blow buddies are complaining because people are attacking them when the very title of the thread is an attack and they like to attack anyone who disagrees with them by ganging up on them as if this is a Junior High School turf war.

Then again, Hamas is working with only one brain cell anyway, so I guess it's to be expected.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
WTF are you talking about...

"Jesus Berry"; the Official Kool-Aid flavor of Scott Pioli, and available at a grocer near you!LMAO

( just go with it, I'm having fun at this point ).

Reaper16
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
you have one of the most tired acts ever seen. Since when did you become more knowledgeable than Pioli or Haley. Once you take over for either of them, come back and let us know what you are doing.
This is such a bad argument. Would you also agree that because we aren't "as knowledgeable" as Carl or Herm that we shouldn't have questioned them, either? Just because somebody has a position of authority doesn't mean that they are infallible.

kcfanXIII
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lbcbap.jpg

LMAOLMAOLMAO
how long have you been planning on using that gif

doomy3
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

You haven't seen it? He's only used it about 10 times.

Just Passin' By
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
This is such a bad argument. Would you also agree that because we aren't "as knowledgeable" as Carl or Herm that we shouldn't have questioned them, either? Just because somebody has a position of authority doesn't mean that they are infallible.

No, but being a long-time poster on Chiefsplanet.com doesn't mean you should be a complete dick about the new regime before it's even been in place for its first game, either. There can be a middle ground which doesn't require psychiatric evaluations.

googlegoogle
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Vfh3oKfNNk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Vfh3oKfNNk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pioli Zombie
04-25-2009, 10:44 PM
THIS is such a bad arguement. Its not questioning Pioli or Peterson or Herm that's the issue its that anyone who doesn't agree with them gets attacked as retards or worse. Its a cover because they such idiots who are forced to eat cat food and period for breakfast.
Posted via Mobile Device

88TG88
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
God, I love tags.

DeezNutz
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
THIS is such a bad arguement. Its not questioning Pioli or Peterson or Herm that's the issue its that anyone who doesn't agree with them gets attacked as retards or worse. Its a cover because they such idiots who are forced to eat cat food and period for breakfast.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cat food and period?

Is it possible to "eat" period. This sounds more like a drink, a thick, red shake.

kcfanXIII
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
no, i meant for this exact moment. when he didn't like our draft pick. funny movie though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM

No shit.

Posted via Mobile Device

I notice your predictions didn't exactly put wheat for winter in the barn either Ass Hat!

Would you like to comment at this time?

Smed1065
04-25-2009, 11:00 PM
No shit.

I notice your predictions didn't exactly put wheat for winter in the barn either Ass Hat!

No we do not know yet like you.......

Kiss assrators again. Where is Mecca/Dane/Hamas, I need to kiss some more ass cause they are all knowing.

Talk about true fans and makes you all seem like winners-LOL

ROFL

Reaper16
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, no. What you are talking about is a separate issue from what I was talking about.

Al Czervik
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
No shit.

How DID your prediction work out regarding MU destroying KU in football?

LOL.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
No we do not know yet like you.......

Kiss assrators again. Where is Mecca/Dane/Hamas, I need to kiss some more ass cause they are all knowing.

Talk about true fans and makes you all seem like winners-LOL

ROFL

I called in Larry the Cable Guy to interpret your catastrafuck of a post, but even he with his PHD in Dinruken Hillbilly Gibberish couldn't crack the code.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 11:16 PM
How DID your prediction work out regarding MU destroying KU in football?

LOL.....

About as good as KU's performance in the the Big 12 Tourney this year, albeit MU showed more fight on the football field.

More? I can do this ALL night, junior.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Get over it

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Get over it

I'm trying, but they just keep bringing stupid shit up, and I have to bitch-slap 'em down.

:shrug:

Al Czervik
04-26-2009, 12:13 AM
About as good as KU's performance in the the Big 12 Tourney this year, albeit MU showed more fight on the football field.

More? I can do this ALL night, junior.

What a douche....Nobody said a thing about KU and basketball....

Did you, or did you not, PREDICT MU beating the shit out of KU in Football?

Junior?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 12:17 AM

Junior?

Your and Idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Junior?

I also predicted the Chiefs might know what the fuck they were doing on day one this year.

Whaddaya' gonna' do? :shrug:

Al Czervik
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
LOL.....You bashed someone for sucking at predictions.....
And when called on it......you respond with that????

Remember this douchenozzle?????

"Said sig does NOT imply homosexuality on the part of the creator, or the University of Missouri Tigers Football Team.
Rather, said sig implies that the University of Kansas Jawhawks Football Team is comprised of harmless cabin boys that shall soon serve their purpose in the grand scheme of things by being buggered on National Television, at Arrowhead Stadium, to a Nation-Wide audiance of thousands.

This being understood, there is but one question left to ask:

Does your football team prefer KY or Vaseline?"

So.......Do you and MU take KY or Vaseline???? LOL

Smed1065
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM

Junior?

Not unless hummer/dante/me(cca) said so first I bet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 12:44 AM

"Said sig does NOT imply homosexuality on the part of the creator, or the University of Missouri Tigers Football Team.
Rather, said sig implies that the University of Kansas Jawhawks Football Team is comprised of harmless cabin boys that shall soon serve their purpose in the grand scheme of things by being buggered on National Television, at Arrowhead Stadium, to a Nation-Wide audiance of thousands.

Kansas is stocked head to toe with faggots and Fred Phelps who hates them while simultaneously wearing KU gear.

When your pathetic, twisted little state decides to forgo dry-humping bales of hay and join civilization; please let us know.

Al Czervik
04-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Dude....you need to cook another batch of Meth....

This one isnt working out so well for you.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Dude....you need to cook another batch of Meth....

This one isnt working out so well for you.....

Goooooodnight Cervix.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Damn, homie. In high-school you was the man, homie. WTF happened to you?

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifp_SVrlurY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ifp_SVrlurY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Tyson Jackson at #3 is a fucking joke.

You ill-informed morons can suck Pioli's cock and spin it every which way you'd like but like Dorsey, he won't make an impact in rookie year.

Bank on it.

And if you want to challenge otherswise, put up some casino cash or shut the fuck up.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:05 AM
A 3-4 lineman isn't going to put up world beater stats regardless.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:08 AM
A 3-4 lineman isn't going to put up world beater stats regardless.

Don't tell that to Chiefs fans.

Because as you know, they're the most intelligent fans in the NFL.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Tyson Jackson at #3 is a fucking joke.

You ill-informed morons can suck Pioli's cock and spin it every which way you'd like but like Dorsey, he won't make an impact in rookie year.

Bank on it.

And if you want to challenge otherswise, put up some casino cash or shut the fuck up.

No shit. I am so sick of these fucking lemmings, I may never eat sea food again.
Pioli is a human being and not a fucking God. And boy did he prove it today.
Let us hope he pulls his "late-round magic" tomorrow for ALL our sakes.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
LOL, oh I'm sure there's someone that thinks he's going to get 10 sacks.

The Chiefs have never run a 3-4 before so I wonder how many people really understand the scheme.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Tyson Jackson at #3 is a ****ing joke.

Bank on it.

And if you want to challenge otherswise, put up some casino cash or shut the **** up.You're really wound up about this.

I'd happily bet my casino cash. And I'm not even sure it's a good bet.

But hell, if we're talking about casino cash... why not?

That's like AI talking about practice. Practice?

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:17 AM
You're really wound up about this.

Don't bet stats, he could be awesome and have really blah stats.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
The Chiefs have never run a 3-4 before so I wonder how many people really understand the scheme.

Actually they did. After Stram left until 1990 or so that was the defense they ran.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:21 AM
You're really wound up about this.

For months now, we've been led to believe that this guy is the Necromancer.

So far, all he's managed to do is trade for a one-year wonder and a guy who clearly doesn't want to be in KC, then trade a HOFer.

I'm sorry, but from afar, it doesn't add up for me.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Actually they did. After Stram left until 1990 or so that was the defense they ran.

Ok people that aren't over the age of 40.

nathanKent
04-26-2009, 01:24 AM
No shit. I am so sick of these ****ing lemmings, I may never eat sea food again.

Hey Emeril, lemmings aren't seafood.

luv
"In Pioli we trust."

luv

LMAO

True.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 01:25 AM
For months now, we've been led to believe that this guy is the Necromancer.

So far, all he's managed to do is trade for a one-year wonder and a guy who clearly doesn't want to be in KC, then trade a HOFer.

I'm sorry, but from afar, it doesn't add up for me.Meh, I think you're over-reacting, Dane.

Just my opinion.

Ride it out for a while. See what happens before you pass judgement.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:26 AM
In the heat of the moment I got pretty annoyed but looking at it now I see why they picked him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:27 AM

Damn you Kent, you're in the Big House now! Best watch it!:D

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Meh, I think you're over-reacting, Dane.

Just my opinion.

Ride it out for a while. See what happens before you pass judgement.

The beauty of the draft is that I *should* be able to pass judgment.

I'm sorry, Bro. But I am not just going to fall in line because the front office made their "choice"

There's more than one way to skin a cat, though I think that's well beyond their comprehension.

I'd like to give PIOLI the Wonderlic.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 01:31 AM
I'd like to give PIOLI the Wonderlic.Because you think he'd score poorly?

You're being silly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:32 AM
In the heat of the moment I got pretty annoyed but looking at it now I see why they picked him.

I understand the position, I just don't see the value at 3rd overall.

And I'm with Dane on "Necromancer"; there was only one way to go, and that way was DOWN.

Cue-ball couldn't shuck and jive to make it happen. I hope we're on our way up, because I don't EVER want to see that motherfucker in the the top 10 again as long as I live.

DaneMcCloud
04-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Because you think he'd score poorly?

You're being silly.

Okay.

When the Chiefs are 3-13 in 2009, we'll discus your undying loyalty in 2010.

By the time the Chiefs have a enough talent to compete, there will be a lockout.

nathanKent
04-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Damn you Kent, you're in the Big House now! Best watch it!:D

I've been here for a long time. I just never post.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Looking at what Cleveland got to move down you basically had to take a major ripoff to move down and I'd rather have Tyson Jackson than Robert Ayers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Okay.

By the time the Chiefs have a enough talent to compete, there will be a lockout.

ANGRY REPRESENT!!! LMAO

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 01:39 AM

And I'm with Dane on "Necromancer"; there was only one way to go, and that way was DOWN.

Cue-ball couldn't shuck and jive to make it happen. I hope we're on our way up, because I don't EVER want to see that mother****er in the the top 10 again as long as I live.Just so you know...

I doubt either Hamas or Dane are pleased to have you on "their side".

I tend to disagree with them, but at least they have reasons for their opinions.

You, on the other hand, have never been anything other than an obnoxious attention whore from the day you showed up here.

And no, being a Mizzou fan doesn't get you any bonus points.

luv
04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Just so you know...

I tend to disagree with them, but at least they have reasons for their opinions.

You, on the other hand, have never been anything other than an obnoxious attention whore from the day you showed up here.

How do you really feel? :p

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Just so you know...

Great, I'm informed.

KcMizzou
04-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Great, I'm informed.Cool.

Just so ya know.

;)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Just so you know...

Did I ask you for any "bonus points"? But more importantly, do you think that my support of the University of Missouri hinges solely upon your approval of me?

You're talking out of your of ass, but that's your privilege to do so as it is mine.

But I'm glad you took a moment to share your true feelings because I don't want to associate with a two-faced member of this board regardless of whether or not we share the same college team.

Crush
04-26-2009, 01:59 AM

Bank on it.

And if you want to challenge otherswise, put up some casino cash or shut the **** up.

Well then, we'll just have to promote you to GM. Who would you have picked, considering you would be getting raped value wise at the No. 3 spot, almighty and wise GM?

Crush
04-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Okay.

You mean it is going to take more than one year to turn this thing around? No shit, Sherlock.

googlegoogle
04-26-2009, 02:07 AM

Bank on it.

And if you want to challenge otherswise, put up some casino cash or shut the **** up.

you lack faith :harumph:

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 02:08 AM

Cue-ball couldn't shuck and jive to make it happen. I hope we're on our way up, because I don't EVER want to see that mother****er in the the top 10 again as long as I live.

Come on now. Do you think they wouldn't have traded down if the opportunity presented itself? Everyone acts like they had a million opportunities to pick up picks and pissed them away. I'd bet all the casino cash I have that nobody wanted the 3 pick when they knew sanchez could be had for less. They wanted their guy. I'm sure they tried to pick up some picks and move down but didn't feel like it could be done and still get their guy. So they got their guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 02:13 AM
Come on now. Do you think they wouldn't have traded down if the opportunity presented itself? Everyone acts like they had a million opportunities to pick up picks and pissed them away. I'd bet all the casino cash I have that nobody wanted the 3 pick when they knew sanchez could be had for less. They wanted their guy. I'm sure they tried to pick up some picks and move down but didn't feel like it could be done and still get their guy. So they got their guy.

They got their guy, fine. They addressed a need, fine.

This fucking Cassel/Vrabel thing...

That kid better fucking rule.

googlegoogle
04-26-2009, 02:14 AM
yeah, but i think getting him out of the Gunther and Herm culture will probably be a help.

Oh well. These guys like DJ and Hali who were high picks are a sunk cost.

We keep making excuses.

J Diddy
04-26-2009, 02:38 AM
They got their guy, fine. They addressed a need, fine.

This ****ing Cassel/Vrabel thing...

That kid better ****ing rule.

They gave a 2nd round pick for a 10 year pro who has been part of a dynasty (good for leadership in our youth) and a potential franchise qb (denver wanted the poo out of him as well as tampa bay) Hell I read articles asking the commissioner to investigate. Maybe it works out, maybe it don't. The same could be said for sanchez.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Johnson may still be salvageable...Hali I just don't think he fits.

Crush
04-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Hali in the 3-4 is a fucking disaster waiting to happen. That much I know.

Crush
04-26-2009, 02:45 AM
I might have been too harsh. However, my rug was stained and it really put the room together.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I'm sorry, Dane. Give me a hug.

Mecca
04-26-2009, 02:46 AM

You know there are some people here who actually think he's going to excel in the position?

I honestly have no idea what they're looking at.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-26-2009, 02:49 AM
They gave a 2nd round pick for a 10 year pro who has been part of a dynasty (good for leadership in our youth) and a potential franchise qb (denver wanted the poo out of him as well as tampa bay) Hell I read articles asking the commissioner to investigate. Maybe it works out, maybe it don't. The same could be said for sanchez.

True enough. At least I've got two other teams to follow now when the season kicks in, and I look forward to charting their progress.

the Talking Can
04-26-2009, 05:21 AM
so people are crying like pussies because pioli couldn't trade a pick that no one wanted?

you guys are major league a-holes

Johnny Vegas
04-26-2009, 05:52 AM
so people are crying like pussies because pioli couldn't trade a pick that no one wanted?

you guys are major league a-holes

this is because for the last 3 years its been nothing but blame the front office, GM, or head coach. Its rubbed off a lot of people and it takes away the positive aspect into the new regime and pretty soon bashing what the front office does, GM, and head coach decides makes you look more right than wrong because in this league you lose more than you win so calling the shot for failing is the popular opinion which makes you look like a genius in the long run. Because you knew that they'd fail.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:01 AM
You know there are some people here who actually think he's going to excel in the position?

I honestly have no idea what they're looking at.

I don't think anybody here has said he's going to excel.

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:03 AM
LOL, oh I'm sure there's someone that thinks he's going to get 10 sacks.

The Chiefs ran a 3-4 the first 4 or 5 years under Marty. Dave Adolph was the defensive coordinator.

rad
04-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Okay.

You expected a better record with different offseason moves?

rad
04-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Just so you know...

(snort)

htismaqe
04-26-2009, 06:10 AM
You expected a better record with different offseason moves?

Of course he didn't.

NUMBER7
04-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Brittany "Pioli" What were you thinking?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/tyson-jackson?id=71341#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
We could have gotten Mark Sanchez and kept our second-rounder.

"HEY VALUE: FUCK YOU!" - Scott Pioli

Nice crux, UP.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
But But Aaron "Jesus" Curry was the answer... /Chiefsplanet Dicksciples

FYP.

SBK
05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice crux, UP.

If we hadn't traded for Cassel, Sanchez would have been taken at 2, and someone would have given the Rams a great offer to trade down. If it was us, we would have at least lost our #2....

In retrospect, I really think trading for Cassel was the best option available to us since we were sitting at 3.

Sucks, yes, but that's the way things are I guess.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
If we hadn't traded for Cassel, Sanchez would have been taken at 2, and someone would have given the Rams a great offer to trade down. If it was us, we would have at least lost our #2....

In retrospect, I really think trading for Cassel was the best option available to us since we were sitting at 3.

Sucks, yes, but that's the way things are I guess.

Never say never, but I have a hard time believing the Rams would have had the balls to make a move. They wanted their boy, just like Detroit, and did what everyone thought they would.

SBK
05-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Never say never, but I have a hard time believing the Rams would have had the balls to make a move. They wanted their boy, just like Detroit, and did what everyone thought they would.

They were trying to trade out of 2 on draft day. Nobody wanted to be in the top 5, the only team that was willing to take it up the ol poop shute was the Brownies to get out of there.

Think about it, if we didn't have Cassel who would we have been picking? Would the NFL believe that Pioli was going to hitch his wagon to Tyler Thigpen?

The whole world would have known we were taking Sanchez at 3, so anyone that wanted him would have been talking to the Rams. That would have to be us as well, as we would have known that we were screwed.

I wanted Sanchez bad, but seeing the play that he got, and watching the Jets trade up from 17 told me all I needed to know. Drafting @3 Pioli made the best move he could, which was trading our 2 for Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-04-2009, 12:34 AM
They were trying to trade out of 2 on draft day. Nobody wanted to be in the top 5, the only team that was willing to take it up the ol poop shute was the Brownies to get out of there.

Think about it, if we didn't have Cassel who would we have been picking? Would the NFL believe that Pioli was going to hitch his wagon to Tyler Thigpen?

The whole world would have known we were taking Sanchez at 3, so anyone that wanted him would have been talking to the Rams. That would have to be us as well, as we would have known that we were screwed.

I wanted Sanchez bad, but seeing the play that he got, and watching the Jets trade up from 17 told me all I needed to know. Drafting @3 Pioli made the best move he could, which was trading our 2 for Cassel.

Yeah, I can see that. Too bad we got screwed on landing at #2 overall; it could have been a whole different day. Though in retrospect, I think we were getting Cassel come hell or high water whether sitting at 2 OR 3.
Had he not had the year he had in NE, and been available due to cap space in the name of Brady, we probably wouldn't have landed Pioli because he wouldn't have left.
Pioli's a smart guy; I don't question that. But I also feel he is a very conservative guy as well, for better or worse.

kcxiv
05-04-2009, 03:03 AM
The Chiefs ran a 3-4 the first 4 or 5 years under Marty. Dave Adolph was the defensive coordinator.

lol, If i remember correclty i think Gun said they ran some 3-4 when he was the DC on his first stint with the Chiefs.

I think i read that in some article when he first came around for his 2nd tour of duty.

htismaqe
05-04-2009, 08:00 AM
lol, If i remember correclty i think Gun said they ran some 3-4 when he was the DC on his first stint with the Chiefs.

I think i read that in some article when he first came around for his 2nd tour of duty.

Gunther invented the POS Falcon and almost ruined DT.

MOhillbilly
05-04-2009, 08:28 AM

ran a 4-1-6 aswell with a rookie MLB and beat a very very good oilers team in houston.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2009, 11:27 AM
The Chiefs ran a 3-4 the first 4 or 5 years under Marty. Dave Adolph was the defensive coordinator.I thought Cowher was DC the first 3 seasons. Adolf's first season as DC was '92.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
The Chiefs have never run a 3-4 before so I wonder how many people really understand the scheme.Should've done a little research before posting this.

Jethopper
05-04-2009, 11:34 AM
ran a 4-1-6 aswell with a rookie MLB and beat a very very good oilers team in houston.

I remember that. They banned the sale of Moon pies in KC for that weekend.

MOhillbilly
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I remember that. They banned the sale of Moon pies in KC for that weekend.

@ Houston.

Lex Luthors
05-04-2009, 01:43 PM
You have got to be fucking kidding.

After all of the shit you've thrown out here at Scott Pioli and the way you've acted like you know so much more than him, you don't even know this basic fact about the history of the Chiefs?

That is sad, man.

Ebolapox
05-04-2009, 01:49 PM

IIRC, that was when we had pellom mcdaniels (spelling?) on the team. anthony davis too... and wasn't that the infamous 'falcon' derrick thomas year?

Rooster
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
You have got to be ****ing kidding.

After all of the shit you've thrown out here at Scott Pioli and the way you've acted like you know so much more than him, you don't even know this basic fact about the history of the Chiefs?

That is sad, man.

LOL.. What do you expect?

Chiefnj2
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure KC played a 3-4 in 1990 and 1991 when Cowher was the defensive coordinator.

Frosty
05-04-2009, 02:00 PM

I thought Adolph switched them to a 4-3 in '92. Was Cowher the DC that ran the 3-4?

Edit: Chiefnj is faster than I am.

HemiEd
05-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Didn't Hank Stram invent the 3-4?

Ebolapox
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM

IIRC, he invented the 'triple stack' defense where three linebackers lined up behind the three d-linemen, with the NT lining up directly to the center.

CoMoChief
05-04-2009, 02:49 PM
IIRC, he invented the 'triple stack' defense where three linebackers lined up behind the three d-linemen, with the NT lining up directly to the center.

I would have the feeling that defense would get fuckin ran all over in this modern day game.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Dimitroff has. He was also the director of scouting. He also got a job before Pioli.

Pioli turned down job interviews. Dimitroff did not.

HemiEd
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM

thanks for the clarification, not much of an X and O guy, still trying to understand it after 40 years of watching them. :D

I would have the feeling that defense would get ****in ran all over in this modern day game.
You really think so, with the talent they had on that team? Bobby Bell and Willy Lanier were everywhere!

Pitt Gorilla
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
IIRC, that was when we had pellom mcdaniels (spelling?) on the team. anthony davis too... and wasn't that the infamous 'falcon' derrick thomas year?Man, I remember the Falcon D, more for when DT was hurt and Pollom "played" that position. Guh.

Rain Man
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM

The first team I ever remember running the 3-4 was the Houston Oilers in the early/mid 70s. If I remember right, Curley Culp was the first-ever nose tackle.

Some teams in the 50s and maybe earlier ran a 5-2 defense, so maybe they had a nose tackle position, too. Les Bingaman comes to mind as a 300-lber who played over the center in those days, but he had other linemen beside him.

Chiefnj2
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I thought Adolph switched them to a 4-3 in '92. Was Cowher the DC that ran the 3-4?

Edit: Chiefnj is faster than I am.

I think you are right. I think Adolph went with 2 DTs - Saleamua and Phillips.

CoMoChief
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
thanks for the clarification, not much of an X and O guy, still trying to understand it after 40 years of watching them. :D

You really think so, with the talent they had on that team? Bobby Bell and Willy Lanier were everywhere!

Now, yes with the big mamouth Olinemen that are out there now. Now you would have big 300 + lb guards get into that 2nd level of LB's and would plant people like Ray Lewis and Urlacher on their ass.

I would seem to think anyways....

htismaqe
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I thought Cowher was DC the first 3 seasons. Adolf's first season as DC was '92.

Yep, you're right. Adolph was a 4-3 guy.

htismaqe
05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
IIRC, that was when we had pellom mcdaniels (spelling?) on the team. anthony davis too... and wasn't that the infamous 'falcon' derrick thomas year?

Nope, that was much later - 1997 in fact. The Falcon was a hybrid 4-3/3-4 look.

htismaqe
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM

No, Stram invented the 4-4 stack.

Bum Phillips and Chuck Fairbanks were the progenitors of the 3-4.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I really love how Mecca came in here to admit he was wrong about the Chiefs never running a 3-4. Shocking.

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Not sure why I was inspired to bump this thread...

Pioli Zombie
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
2 more scores to go!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
12-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Not sure why I was inspired to bump this thread...

I bumped it because I am bored.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 12:51 PM
stupid pick and i personally didnt want sanchez

boy was I wrong

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I bumped it because I am bored.

If you're bored, I just bumped a thread in the Hall of Classics that will give you a good idea of what Chiefsplanet is all about.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2009, 01:08 PM
NostraHamas.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 01:10 PM
We have Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson instead. I will take that

:deevee:

A shit ton of teams wanted Cassell. We got him and a productive starting lb for a 2nd round pick. A lot of people were asking the nfl to look into the trade because they thought there was something dirty going on there. We got a sweet deal. I fail to see how that screwed us.

Is he a jets fan?

Haha. I knew the experts here would meltdown today.

I'm sure they know more than Pioli
Posted via Mobile Device

FAIL.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 02:07 PM
There is no guarantee that Jackson would have fallen past Cleveland. And again, you're rating a guy as a #20 level player based on Mel Kiper's draft ratings and a rating scale that is heavily skewed toward a 4-3 defense. Aaron Curry was in the top 3 on a lot of draft boards, but I guarantee he was a hell of a lot lower on a 3-4 board. I don't understand the complaint. There were no knockout prospects at #3, and the Chiefs got a player they really wanted.

And as for Cassel, I don't understand why people are so appalled at giving Cassel $36 M in guarantees, but think it would have been okay to give a guy like Stafford who is arguably riskier $41M in guarantees, not to mention that Stafford would spend 2-3 years on a very steep learning curve. I don't see a problem with either of these moves.

lolz this thread is ripe with dumbassery

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 02:16 PM
There is no guarantee that Jackson would have fallen past Cleveland. And again, you're rating a guy as a #20 level player based on Mel Kiper's draft ratings and a rating scale that is heavily skewed toward a 4-3 defense. Aaron Curry was in the top 3 on a lot of draft boards, but I guarantee he was a hell of a lot lower on a 3-4 board. I don't understand the complaint. There were no knockout prospects at #3, and the Chiefs got a player they really wanted.

And as for Cassel, I don't understand why people are so appalled at giving Cassel $36 M in guarantees, but think it would have been okay to give a guy like Stafford who is arguably riskier $41M in guarantees, not to mention that Stafford would spend 2-3 years on a very steep learning curve. I don't see a problem with either of these moves.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Rausch
12-18-2009, 02:19 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

All wrong, all night long...:shake:

DJ's left nut
12-18-2009, 02:21 PM

Damn, I sure got told...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 02:22 PM
bitches will alway bitch.

When we win with this guy then what will you bitch about?

Still waiting....

I like it when my guys get their guys. And Sanchex goes on to bust for the Jets. LOL Oh no...I meant the Jets are now a dynasty. LOL

PhilFree:arrow:

Improving team>>>>>Regressing team

Scott Pioli has made 1, 1 pick as a GM.

Tyson Jackson at three.

He wasn't in charge of scouting, that was Dimitroff.

He wasn't the guy making the pick, that was Belichick.

But please, continue to suckle the cock of a guy who just took the 15th-20th rated prospect at 3 and traded our second rounder for a backup.

But hey, these guys "love football." You know what, so do a lot of high school football players.

This has the potential of ending extremely poorly all of these moves are very questionable.

And the Prophecy was fulfilled...

Pioli would make piss run down your leg.

Oh Stevie Ray Elvis; will you share your peanut butter and bacon sandwich with us?

I'll throw one out too:

Fuck all you who think you can tell the future.

Magic 8-Ball says, "FAIL".

Why don't you do this. If Jackson makes the Pro Bowl you'll give yourself a buzz cut and post the pics on the planet. Whatcha' say?

Enjoy your long hair, Mecca.

The huge majority of this board is filled with fucking idiots who

1) Didn't want Herm then blindly supported him
2) Didn't want Cassel then blindly supported him
3) Didn't want Haley, then blindly supported him

It's pretty damned obvious if you look at the history of NE guys or Parcells guys after leaving Belichick what happens, they fall flat on their face.

But...but...the Patriot Way...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 02:54 PM
The guys they've brought in bring a new attitude, one that was SORELY needed.

And I know you don't like Pendergast, but he's better than Gunther. ANYBODY is better than Gunther.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Did I stutter?

You're the one that thinks you know more than a former NFL Executive of the Year and knows 1,000 times more about what Cassel is capable of. Not saying that means you blindly trust Pioli, but to call people morons because they agree with a guy with a proven track record is insane.

I don't understand why people would bend over backwards to give $41M to a guy who's never taken a single snap in the NFL and are outraged that $36M is going to a guy who has NFL experience. If the Chiefs truly believe that Cassel is the QBOTF, then why not give him QBOTF money? What does Cassel have that leads you to believe he's got such high bust potential? He has good arm strength, great mechanics, great intelligence, a phenomenal work ethic, and great athleticism. If Cassel busts, then how is that different from hitching your future on, say, Jamarcus Russel?

FAILFAILFAILFAILFAILGOTO20FAILFAILFAILFAIL
End of Line

Seriously, can you stop saying that Cassel got 36 mil? He hasnt signed any contract!!!

He signed a contract.

Yes, and you are the one ripping on Scott Pioli, who studies his shit 1000x more than any of us. See the irony?

IT'S NOT ABOUT JACKSON AS A BUST!!!!

It's about having the VALUE of this draft surgically removed from Pioli's poot-chute with a fucking claw-hammer by people who are not supposedly as "smart" as he is!!!

Look, the bottom line is, this season rests squarely on the shoulders of one Matt Cassel, and he better fucking produce. That's the road we took, that's the path that has thus far made this draft a complete fucking joke on our end, so it better be lined with gold fucking bricks from Arrowhead to the Super Bowl.

Bottom line, there it is; roll with it.

:clap:ME.

Next season doesn't mean a thing.

We're trying to build for the long term.

Okee day!

Maualuga to Cincy? That's just wrong. He could have salvaged this whole clusterfuck for me today.

Can I have ONE FUCKING PLAYER per draft that has some Voodoo???

Just one. That's all.

Motherfuck YOU, Scott Pioli.

This has the potential to be one of the worst offseason ever in chiefs history

We have one of the worst Coaching Staff's I think i've ever seen

A QB who only played one year in a gracious system instead of drafting a Franchise QB

A total $#%$ing Reach of a pick in the 3rd

A Over paid Runingback who doesn't want to be here

And to top it all off we traded our number 1 offensive weapon with no plan to replace him.

This might go down as one of the most historically Bad season's ever.

You don't say?

stevieray
12-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh Stevie Ray Elvis; will you share your peanut butter and bacon sandwich with us?

I'd be more than happy to give you a bite of your sandwich.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
LISTEN.

The loss of Tony is OFFSET BY THE LOSS OF TYLER FUCKING THIGPEN.

It's absolutely EASY to see how our offense will be EXACTLY AS EFFECTIVE AS IT WAS LAST YEAR, and possibly BETTER if we continue to build the offensive line.

ROFL

KU takes Safeties, and loves them.

Ouch.

I'd be more than happy to give you a bite of your sandwich.

Don't forget the jelly!

stevieray
12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't forget the jelly!
...when are you going to come and get it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
...when are you going to come and get it?

You don't deliver? What if I thrown a jar of Pomade and a bag of glittering rhinestones?

stevieray
12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
You don't deliver? What if I thrown a jar of Pomade and a bag of glittering rhinestones?

nope, you're gonna have to come get it...it's bring your own steak week at the tailgate..come on out and get some meat.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
nope, you're gonna have to come get it...it's bring your own steak week at the tailgate..come on out and get some meat.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

stevieray
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I bet you say that to all the boys.

just you....I'm flattered Elvis means so much to you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
just you....I'm flattered Elvis means so much to you.

Viva Las Vegas!

Chiefnj2
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Is this where Mecca tells us the Chiefs never ran a 34 defense before?

stevieray
12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Viva Las Vegas!

3000 Miles to Graceland

BossChief
12-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Id like to see a "celebrity deathmatch" (remember that mtv show?) between Elvis and Scott Pioli.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 03:47 PM
lolz this thread is ripe with dumbassery

Ho boy. Love it when people use hindsight to make their arguments. I don't apologize for anything I said there. I was wrong, but I didn't say anything outrageous. I was deadset against Aaron Curry and to this day, I still believe that this was one of the worst top 5's in the history of draft classes. Curry, Sanchez, Monroe, Crabtree, and Raji were the only guys that were slated as top 5 potential players. And of those, Raji and Crabtree are the only ones I maybe regret not drafting (and that's a very loose regret for Crabtree). When people complain about not getting guys like Harvin or Moreno or Maclin, you're talking about players who fell more than 10-20 spots--that's a pretty massive reach. But in the hindsight game, it sounds like a great point. Tyson Jackson is starting to play a little bit better. And you don't expect a player like him to hit his stride until his 2nd or 3rd year. We won't know how well we did with this pick until next season or in 2011. Anyone who expects anything otherwise is being unrealistic.

To the second point, I know I was wrong with Stafford. I didn't like him, but I think he's got a bright future. While the Chiefs may have ****ed up on Cassel, the Chiefs needed a QB and their option was either to draft Sanchez, trade for Cassel, or start Thigpen. None of those options are looking any more attractive than the other right now. The Cassel thing looks like a ****-up in hindsight, but I'm still not convinced that there was any better, obvious alternative. Because if we handed $36M in guarantees to Sanchez, we'd be in the same position we are today.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Ho boy. Love it when people use hindsight to make their arguments.

The arguments were made back in April.

And it looks like the guys getting laughed at and bash for it were right on the goddamn money.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Ho boy. Love it when people use hindsight to make their arguments. I don't apologize for anything I said there. I was wrong, but I didn't say anything outrageous. I was deadset against Aaron Curry and to this day, I still believe that this was one of the worst top 5's in the history of draft classes. Curry, Sanchez, Monroe, Crabtree, and Raji were the only guys that were slated as top 5 potential players. And of those, Raji and Crabtree are the only ones I maybe regret not drafting (and that's a very loose regret for Crabtree). When people complain about not getting guys like Harvin or Moreno or Maclin, you're talking about players who fell more than 10-20 spots--that's a pretty massive reach. But in the hindsight game, it sounds like a great point. Tyson Jackson is starting to play a little bit better. And you don't expect a player like him to hit his stride until his 2nd or 3rd year. We won't know how well we did with this pick until next season or in 2011. Anyone who expects anything otherwise is being unrealistic.

To the second point, I know I was wrong with Stafford. I didn't like him, but I think he's got a bright future. While the Chiefs may have ****ed up on Cassel, the Chiefs needed a QB and their option was either to draft Sanchez, trade for Cassel, or start Thigpen. None of those options are looking any more attractive than the other right now. The Cassel thing looks like a ****-up in hindsight, but I'm still not convinced that there was any better, obvious alternative. Because if we handed $36M in guarantees to Sanchez, we'd be in the same position we are today.

saying you were happy with dumping money on cassel and drafting jackson at 3 isn't using hindsight to make my argument. it was fucking stupid then.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I didn't post in this thread.

I know I was busy...but maybe I just knew better.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 03:53 PM

Im kinda disapointed in you on this one man. IMHO you should have stuck to your guns. Even if you are wrong in time, you shouldnt abandon ship so quickly on your beliefs. JMO

Time will tell

A rookie season a career not make...

A year from now, you could have hung your hat on that one if it plays out differently that current perception from here on out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 03:54 PM

I think you were on vacation.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 03:58 PM
saying you were happy with dumping money on cassel and drafting jackson at 3 isn't using hindsight to make my argument. it was ****ing stupid then.

First of all, you have no idea what we're going to get out of Jackson. We had these same dumb arguments about Dorsey last season when he was getting pushed around like a stuffed animal. Judging that pick after 1 season is ridiculous. And yes, when people rip on the Jackson pick and then bitch about a guy we should have took that was taken 10-20 picks later, that's using hindsight.

I still don't mind dumping money on Cassel. It doesn't look like it will work out, but given that the alternative was Sanchez, I'm not convinced we did any better or worse at this point. Now, if the Chiefs don't aggressively go after some backup plan at QB this offseason, then I'll be angry. As long as they didn't blatantly miss out on a better alternative, who really cares if they fucked up? His contract is essentially a 3-year contract, so you bring someone else in and you move on.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Pretty much.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
First of all, you have no idea what we're going to get out of Jackson. We had these same dumb arguments about Dorsey last season when he was getting pushed around like a stuffed animal. Judging that pick after 1 season is ridiculous. And yes, when people rip on the Jackson pick and then bitch about a guy we should have took that was taken 10-20 picks later, that's using hindsight.

I still don't mind dumping money on Cassel. It doesn't look like it will work out, but given that the alternative was Sanchez, I'm not convinced we did any better or worse at this point. Now, if the Chiefs don't aggressively go after some backup plan at QB this offseason, then I'll be angry. As long as they didn't blatantly miss out on a better alternative, who really cares if they fucked up? His contract is essentially a 3-year contract, so you bring someone else in and you move on.

Yeah, who cares if they fucked up?

It's only another 5 years of shitty football.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Ho boy. Love it when people use hindsight to make their arguments....

To the second point, I know I was wrong with Stafford. I didn't like him, but I think he's got a bright future...

I love it when people call arguments made in real-time 'hindsight' because they get brought up later and shoved down their throats.

And as for Cassel, don't beat yourself up too badly. You're wrong about almost everything you ever say, so there's no reason to get choked up about this one particular time you felt compelled to talk out your ass.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I still say this team is better overall with drafting Sanchez. We could easily signed a vet like Kitna to take the reigns for the whole year or hell to the bye week.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Bullshit. We know EXACTLY what we're getting with Jackson: He's a 5 tech defensive end that makes absolutely NO impact. The ONLY way Jackson can impact a game is by swallowing up blockers which allows the linebackers to make plays.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't have any linebackers, besides Hali. And furthermore, just as suspected, Jackson is a fucking TWO DOWN PLAYER.

Sure. Because Sanchez, a 22 year-old rookie that definitely struggled at times and may lead his team to the playoffs, would be a worse alternative.

You live in the land of Unicorns and Rainbows.

Or you're just a verbose fucking dumbass that likes to read your own words.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, who cares if they ****ed up?

It's only another 5 years of shitty football.

At this point, it was either make a 3-year mistake on Cassel or make what I think is a 3-year mistake on Sanchez. Fucking up when there isn't any better alternative is a different story.

I'm not pissed about it right now. A QB move had to be made. Like I said, I'll be a lot more pissed off if the Chiefs don't bring in a QB in 2010 and Cassel still doesn't look like a QBOTF.

L.A. Chieffan

so anytime anybody is ever wrong about anything are you just going to play the hindsight card?

the pick was fucking stupid in April, the minute the fucking pick was anounced it was fucking stupid thats what this thread is all about.

oh its not just about sanchez either. i said it right in this thread the day of the pick, the pick was stupid and i didnt even want sanchez. this has nothing to do with sanchez, it has to do with the people who we're sucking off pioli the DAY OF the draft and acting like we just won the lottery even though all the signs were there the DAY OF the draft that it was fucking idiotic

OnTheWarpath15
I still say this team is better overall with drafting Sanchez. We could easily signed a vet like Kitna to take the reigns for the whole year or hell to the bye week.

Christ, this team might have been better with Josh fucking Freeman.

And that's coming from someone who wanted NO PART of drafting him.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Bullshit. We know EXACTLY what we're getting with Jackson: He's a 5 tech defensive end that makes absolutely NO impact. The ONLY way Jackson can impact a game is by swallowing up blockers which allows the linebackers to make plays.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't have any linebackers, besides Hali. And furthermore, just as suspected, Jackson is a ****ing TWO DOWN PLAYER.
BJ Raji would also be a two-down player. And give me a fucking break, his job would have been largely to swallow up blockers too. Maybe teams shouldn't take a Left Tackle, since their only job is to swallow up pass rushers so QBs and RBs can make plays.

Sure. Because Sanchez, a 22 year-old rookie that definitely struggled at times and may lead his team to the playoffs, would be a worse alternative.
He certainly hasn't proven to be a better alternative. And you're on crack if you think the Jets are on track because of Sanchez. Kellen Clemens led the Jets to a similar ass-raping of the Bucs last week in Sanchez's absence with the same exact formula--play great defense, run the ball down the other team's throat, and don't ask too much of your QB. Mark Sanchez's role = Damon Huard's role in 2006.

Right now, Sanchez holds the ball like a loaf of bread, is even worse at holding on to the ball too long, hasn't proven he can throw a good ball in the conditions, and is struggling with the vanilla playbook he is operating in. Maybe he gets better over time, but right now, I have seen absolutely nothing from him that indicates that he's the answer to anything.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 04:15 PM
so anytime anybody is ever wrong about anything are you just going to play the hindsight card?

the pick was ****ing stupid in April, the minute the ****ing pick was anounced it was ****ing stupid thats what this thread is all about.

oh its not just about sanchez either. i said it right in this thread the day of the pick, the pick was stupid and i didnt even want sanchez. this has nothing to do with sanchez, it has to do with the people who we're sucking off pioli the DAY OF the draft and acting like we just won the lottery even though all the signs were there the DAY OF the draft that it was ****ing idiotic

No. If you wanted Sanchez, Raji, or Crabtree instead of Jackson, that's fine. But when people start talking about alternatives to Jackson that fell well past #3, that's using hindsight as an argument.

And you have no fucking idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.

If Jackson plays to a very high level next year, while it may never end up being a great pick, it certainly won't be a bad pick.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
BJ Raji would also be a two-down player. And give me a fucking break, his job would have been largely to swallow up blockers too. Maybe teams shouldn't take a Left Tackle, since their only job is to swallow up pass rushers so QBs and RBs can make plays.

Who gives a shit about BJ Raji? The topic of the conversation is Tyson Jackson.

JFC. All you do is deflect.

He certainly hasn't proven to be a better alternative. And you're on crack if you think the Jets are on track because of Sanchez. Kellen Clemens led the Jets to a similar ass-raping of the Bucs last week in Sanchez's absence with the same exact formula--play great defense, run the ball down the other team's throat, and don't ask too much of your QB. Mark Sanchez's role = Damon Huard's role in 2006.

Right now, Sanchez holds the ball like a loaf of bread, is even worse at holding on to the ball too long, hasn't proven he can throw a good ball in the conditions, and is struggling with the vanilla playbook he is operating in. Maybe he gets better over time, but right now, I have seen absolutely nothing from him that indicates that he's the answer to anything.

Then you're a fucking dumbshit, plain and simple.

No one expects Sanchez to be Peyton Manning. But he's clearly capable of handling himself on the NFL field. IMO (and in the opinion of most that wanted him at #3), he shouldn't have seen the field this year: He should have spent at least 8 games on the sidelines, if not the entire 16 games. He's 22 and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Cassel.

If you can't see that Sanchez has all of the tools to become a successful NFL QB, then you're blind.

Which wouldn't be surprising considering your takes around here.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 04:20 PM
No. If you wanted Sanchez, Raji, or Crabtree instead of Jackson, that's fine. But when people start talking about alternatives to Jackson that fell well past #3, that's using hindsight as an argument.

And you have no fucking idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.

If Jackson plays to a very high level next year, while it may never end up being a great pick, it certainly won't be a bad pick.

If you can't tell that Jackson should have NEVER been drafted at #3 overall, your Chiefsplanet account should be immediately revoked.

dirk digler
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
It looks like I was the only smart and rational person in this thread. :D

DJ's left nut
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
And you have no ****ing idea if Jackson was a good/bad pick. He's a rookie for christ sake.

Yes I do.

It was a ****ing awful pick.

A franchise-alteringly bad pick.

It was a firing offense.

Time will bear this out, but for right now you'll just have to accept the fact that you're a good 2 years behind the curve on all things football related.

I do, however, look forward to your stirring monologue on how invading the Chinese mainland in 1945 would be a grand idea.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM

KC would have destroyed his career. He's better off where he is.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Who gives a shit about BJ Raji? The topic of the conversation is Tyson Jackson.

JFC. All you do is deflect.
If you're going to rip on a team for taking Tyson Jackson, you better have a viable alternative. And right now, the majority of alternatives I hear are players who were taken 10-20 picks later. Criticizing a team for reaching, then saying they should have reached for another player instead is ridiculous. Like I said, the only alternatives to Jackson at that draft value were Sanchez, Curry, Crabtree, and Raji. I'm not upset at taking the first two. Don't know how I feel about Crabtree's attitude. The only guy I would have taken, and I've said this from day 1, is Raji.

Then you're a ****ing dumbshit, plain and simple.

No one expects Sanchez to be Peyton Manning. But he's clearly capable of handling himself on the NFL field. IMO (and in the opinion of most that wanted him at #3), he shouldn't have seen the field this year: He should have spent at least 8 games on the sidelines, if not the entire 16 games. He's 22 and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Cassel.

If you can't see that Sanchez has all of the tools to become a successful NFL QB, then you're blind.

Which wouldn't be surprising considering your takes around here.
Sanchez does have all the tools.

Except that he has shown shaky pocket presence, complete carelessness with holding the ball like a loaf of bread, an inability to read defenses, a deep lob ball that floats around in all kinds of different directions in windy conditions, the problem of holding onto the ball too long. If you're clinging to the belief that Sanchez is capable of handling the NFL after struggling in a very, very, very simplified version of an offense, then you're blind too. Like I said, 2009 Sanchez = 2006 Damon Huard.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Christ, this team might have been better with Josh ****ing Freeman.

As of right now, I think Freeman is easily playing like the 2nd best QB in this class. I agree with you on this one. But that would have been a monumental reach.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
But that would have been a monumental reach.

almost as bad as jackson at 3

BossChief
12-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Christ, this team might have been better with Josh ****ing Freeman.

I would rather have Jackson than Freeman.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 04:39 PM

the funny thing is, if we were drafting at 17 we still would have our choice of either

Rasputin
12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I just don't understand how everything is so obvious but yet so hard to fix? Everybody knew how suckledge our O-line was last year yet we didn't address it in the draft we got FA Goff instead who I think Pioli thought was still going to be good at his age. We had to have a make shift O-line this whole season and I guess they have played better the last two games even though it didn't matter cuz our WRs dropped balls and our QB threw a bunch of INts. The QB gets a break dousn't matter if he sucks or not excuses excuses excuses but he is our guy. It's a bunch of should of would of or could of done to make this team better.

It's hard to say if Tyson Jackson is going to be anything at this point, kind of early in his career I hope so for this teams sake. Was he worth it at that spot I don't think so other than the need for the 34 defense but WTF.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 04:53 PM
As of right now, I think Freeman is easily playing like the 2nd best QB in this class. I agree with you on this one. But that would have been a monumental reach.

Jesus.

I'm not saying we should have taken Freeman, only that we wouldn't be any worse off if we had.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 04:54 PM
If you're going to rip on a team for taking Tyson Jackson, you better have a viable alternative.

Looks to me as if Wallace Gilberry was a very viable alternative, especially considering he was ALREADY ON THE ROSTER. Alex Magee in the third is a viable alternative as well.

JFC. Urine idiot.

Sanchez does have all the tools.

Except that he has shown shaky pocket presence, complete carelessness with holding the ball like a loaf of bread, an inability to read defenses, a deep lob ball that floats around in all kinds of different directions in windy conditions, the problem of holding onto the ball too long. If you're clinging to the belief that Sanchez is capable of handling the NFL after struggling in a very, very, very simplified version of an offense, then you're blind too. Like I said, 2009 Sanchez = 2006 Damon Huard.

Again, more foolishness.

Why you expected Sanchez to be a superior NFL QB in his first season is beyond me and all on you. He has the tools, he just needs the experience. He'll be a much better QB in 2010 and beyond.

Titty Meat
12-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Looks to me as if Wallace Gilberry was a very viable alternative, especially considering he was ALREADY ON THE ROSTER. Alex Magee in the third is a viable alternative as well.

JFC. Urine idiot.

Again, more foolishness.

Why you expected Sanchez to be a superior NFL QB in his first season is beyond me and all on you. He has the tools, he just needs the experience. He'll be a much better QB in 2010 and beyond.

You make too much sense. Why did I ignore you this past off-season?

BossChief
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
the funny thing is, if we were drafting at 17 we still would have our choice of either

I didnt like the pick at 3, but this statement is dead wrong.

Days after the draft, Singletary was the guest on NFLN and he said he had TJ pegged for their pick. He also said that the Crabtree pick was the GMs call and that he wanted a defensive player.

The Browns came out and said he would have been their pick.

TJ was a reach, but not as big of one as some make it out to be. NO WAY he would have made it to 17. NONE.

I believe my preference was Orakpo...Crabtree...Monroe...Raji...Mauluaga in that order. The TJ pick totally blindsided me, but to be honest I wasnt thrilled or disapointed in it because it seems he has the mentality and work ethic to become a very very good player and the fact that his presence should bolster the attitude of Dorsey added some increased value to the pick.

The 09 draft was an anomaly because about every top prospect had big question marks. One only has to look at the vast list of underclassmen qbs to be taken in the first round to see that Mark Sanchez was a huge risk pick...add in the fact that he only started 15 college games and that put him in a small class (him and Akili Smith) as underclassmen qbs with only one year of experience. The chance of the pick fruiting a all pro calibur qb was slim in my opinion.

time will tell who was right and who was wrong in this debate, it is far from finished.

MahiMike
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Hamas issues his Fatwa...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:00 PM
You make too much sense. Why did I ignore you this past off-season?

Apparently, I rubbed you the wrong way.

That happens quite frequently when debating with DaneMcCloud.

:evil:

InChiefsHeaven
12-18-2009, 05:01 PM

Perhaps you should consider rubbing people the right way...*porn music*

Titty Meat
12-18-2009, 05:02 PM

haha thats true. To be fair one of the guys I wanted was Bj Raji which would have been a better pick than Tyson Jackson.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM

I wanted no part of Cassel, hated the Jackson pick so much I started this thread, absolutely loved Stafford (I was the biggest Stafford fan on this board, just ask OTW), loved Sanchez, and said we should pick Maclin if we don't take a QB @ 3.

This was all posted long before the draft. I used absolutely no hindsight, nor did any of the "drafturbators" who were bashed for calling a spade a spade.

beach tribe
12-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Im kinda disapointed in you on this one man. IMHO you should have stuck to your guns. Even if you are wrong in time, you shouldnt abandon ship so quickly on your beliefs. JMO

Time will tell

A rookie season a career not make...

A year from now, you could have hung your hat on that one if it plays out differently that current perception from here on out.

I pretty much share your beliefs completely.

Bunch of could have would have, should have, could have, when we don't if the FAs would have, Too early to tell which pick we should have, and don't know what this season honestly could have.

Hand fulls of hindsight, a sprinkle of premature, and shitload of kneejerk.

beach tribe
12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I wanted no part of Cassel, hated the Jackson pick so much I started this thread, absolutely loved Stafford (I was the biggest Stafford fan on this board, just ask OTW), loved Sanchez, and said we should pick Maclin if we don't take a QB @ 3.

This was all posted long before the draft. I used absolutely no hindsight, nor did any of the "drafturbators" who were bashed for calling a spade a spade.

You absolutely have stuck to those beliefs.

And I'm glad we didn't pick Sanchez.
I'm also pissed that we gave that $ to Cassel, but I don't think he'll get more than next season to prove he can win.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Uh, not me.

A QB is WAY more valuable than a fucking 5-tech.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not saying we should have taken Freeman, only that we wouldn't be any worse off if we had.

I disagree further more. Freeman is junk and as soon as next year starts and teams will have had a few game tapes to study, they will take away what he wants to do and he will be the next first round busted qb. I could be wrong, but I have had this thought about him all along.

I think Cassel will end up a better qb next year and beyond than Mr Freeman. I severely dislike MC so far (and NEVER FOR A SECOND WANTED HIM) and am not optomistic about his "ceiling" but can see some things from him recently that point to baby steps in the right direction. He speaks with Tom Brady once per week to deal with the pressure and I think he is mentally strong enough to weather this early storm. He has a work ethic good enough to work through his mistakes and progress in years to come and that is the biggest thing you want to see early on in a young qb.

JFC. Urine idiot.

Again, more foolishness.

I wonder what they saw in TJ that made them, and other teams, have him jump up boards in the last few days prior to the draft...had to be something significant that hasnt had light shed on it yet.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I disagree further more. Freeman is junk and as soon as next year starts and teams will have had a few game tapes to study, they will take away what he wants to do and he will be the next first round busted qb. I could be wrong, but I have had this thought about him all along.

No offense but I really don't care what you "think".

A first round QB has FAR more value than a 5-tech defensive end. Period.

That's all one needs to know.

If either player were to be traded tomorrow, who do you think would fetch a higher draft choice?

I wonder what they saw in TJ that made them, and other teams, have him jump up boards in the last few days prior to the draft...had to be something significant that hasnt had light shed on it yet.

Quite honestly, I don't think they saw shit. The guy was only Second-Team All-America last season, yet he went #3 overall. I think Pioli knows only ONE WAY to build a football team and he's following that blueprint.

Regardless of what was already in place in Kansas City.

beach tribe
12-18-2009, 05:18 PM

If either player were to be traded tomorrow, who do you think would fetch a higher draft choice?

Quite honestly, I don't think they saw shit. The guy was only Second-Team All-America last season, yet he went #3 overall. I think Pioli knows only ONE WAY to build a football team and he's following that blueprint.

"Doesn't make a damn whether you think a QB will bust or not."" YOU TAKE HIM"!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I hated Josh Freeman and still do.

That said, even a pick that dumb would have been better than taking Jackson. Hell, the only pick that's even in the same ballpark of dumbassery is the Raiders' selection of DHB, and even then they only had to pay him about half of what we paid Jackson, and he might still be a good WR once he gets real QB play.

CaliforniaChief
12-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I hated Josh Freeman and still do.

That said, even a pick that dumb would have been better than taking Jackson. Hell, the only pick that's even in the same ballpark of dumbassery is the Raiders' selection of DHB, and even then they only had to pay him about half of what we paid Jackson, and he might still be a good WR once he gets real QB play.

Not unless they surgically insert magnets inside his iron clad hands.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:21 PM
"Doesn't make a damn whether you think a QB will bust or not."" YOU TAKE HIM"!

What?

Are you smokin' crack again?

beach tribe
12-18-2009, 05:23 PM
What?

Are you smokin' crack again?

Tyson Jackson will probably be a ten year starter for us, and your lover Sanchez is gonna be a back up for the Raiders in 5 years.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 05:24 PM
haha thats true. To be fair one of the guys I wanted was Bj Raji which would have been a better pick than Tyson Jackson.
too soon to say this. The knock on Raji wasnt his play, it was his intelligence level. He could be dumb enough to be out of the league in time. He missed a whole college year because he was dumb as ****! Jackson had no real knocks on him except that he didnt have a lot of pass rush moves to succeed as a 4-3 de.
Uh, not me.

A QB is WAY more valuable than a ****ing 5-tech.

I agree for a qb that has a good chance at making it. I dont see that in Freeman, in that case you have to take a player that you feel will help the most in the long term.

I have about 5% faith that Mr Freeman will be anything more than a career backup qb. Kyle Boller is the closest comparison I can make for why. And in many respects.

As I said before, I wanted to hold off on drafting a qb till 2010 and for us to shore up some other needs first.

The list of underclassmen qbs with such a low amount of experience is small and very very unimpressive.

FA
Jeff Garcia
Kendall Simmons

Draft
Orakpo
Mauluaga
ol ( I am actually happy with the Magee pick, as he could be a player for us.)
ol/bpa
ol/bpa

Draft Bradford in 2010.

that was basically my plan. Not the complete one, as that would take more time to post and I dont want to go back through my old posts to fill in the rest at this point.

It probably would have failed too, but at least we would have had a much improved defense and could protect a qb once we got him...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Tyson Jackson will probably be a ten year starter for us, and your lover Sanchez is gonna be a back up for the Raiders in 5 years.

And as usual, your grasp of reality is very thin.

beach tribe
12-18-2009, 05:31 PM
And as usual, your grasp of reality is very thin.

We'll see.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 05:37 PM

JFC. Urine idiot.
You're not reading correctly. I said that at #3, instead of taking Tyson Jackson, what was the alternative? Who would you have taken? Because the majority of people have recommended players that were taking much deeper into the first round.

And give me a fucking break. Wallace Gilberry is a good alternative to Jackson? I have no idea who will be better between Jackson and Magee, but you're also suggesting the Chiefs should have passed on Jackson in favor of a rawer prospect who may or may not have been available in the third round? You list Gilberry and Magee as alternatives, and yet call me an idiot. Interesting.

Again, more foolishness.

Just as the same as you being convinced that Jackson will never make any kind of an impact because of how he's played as a rookie.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 05:42 PM

If you dont care what I think, why respond to my post?

Are you saying that if we could have drafted Kyle Boller or Ty Warren at 3, you would have taken Boller?

If so, I dont get it.

"thats all one needs to know"

Who cares if he was first or second team All American? He is a specialty player for the most part. He is a rare type of player to find and they dont grow on trees, players like him are some of the hardest to find and with about half the league going to 3-4 defenses, they will be valued higher and higher through the years. The more the 3-4 becomes popular, the more you will see teams taking 5-tecs with high picks because of how slim the pickings usually are for the position.

We'll see.

I doubt very highly that MS busts that bad.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I didnt like the pick at 3, but this statement is dead wrong.

Days after the draft, Singletary was the guest on NFLN and he said he had TJ pegged for their pick. He also said that the Crabtree pick was the GMs call and that he wanted a defensive player.

The Browns came out and said he would have been their pick.

TJ was a reach, but not as big of one as some make it out to be. NO WAY he would have made it to 17. NONE.

I believe my preference was Orakpo...Crabtree...Monroe...Raji...Mauluaga in that order. The TJ pick totally blindsided me, but to be honest I wasnt thrilled or disapointed in it because it seems he has the mentality and work ethic to become a very very good player and the fact that his presence should bolster the attitude of Dorsey added some increased value to the pick.

The 09 draft was an anomaly because about every top prospect had big question marks. One only has to look at the vast list of underclassmen qbs to be taken in the first round to see that Mark Sanchez was a huge risk pick...add in the fact that he only started 15 college games and that put him in a small class (him and Akili Smith) as underclassmen qbs with only one year of experience. The chance of the pick fruiting a all pro calibur qb was slim in my opinion.

time will tell who was right and who was wrong in this debate, it is far from finished.

we could have traded out of 3 and got way more value than just jackson at three thats my point

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
You're not reading correctly. I said that at #3, instead of taking Tyson Jackson, what was the alternative? Who would you have taken? Because the majority of people have recommended players that were taking much deeper into the first round.

Oher, Harvin, Moreno, Davis, Crabtree - hell even Cushing would have been better choices than Tyson Jackson.

And give me a fucking break. Wallace Gilberry is a good alternative to Jackson? I have no idea who will be better between Jackson and Magee, but you're also suggesting the Chiefs should have passed on Jackson in favor of a rawer prospect who may or may not have been available in the third round? You list Gilberry and Magee as alternatives, and yet call me an idiot. Interesting.

It's not interesting. You're dumb. You clearly don't watch the games. Gilberry has better numbers and more sacks than Jackson.

Jackson is a TWO DOWN PLAYER.

Only YOU and Scott Pioli can justify taking a TWO DOWN PLAYER at #3 overall.

Just as the same as you being convinced that Jackson will never make any kind of an impact because of how he's played as a rookie.

I hope you're smarter than this in real life, i.e. your job, your relationships, etc. because you don't understand ANYTHING about a 3-4 defense.

For the last time, a 3-4, 5 tech defensive end is NOT AN IMPACT POSITION.

Tyson Jackson could be the greatest 5 tech of all time (which he won't) and no one would even notice.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:47 PM
If you dont care what I think, why respond to my post?

Are you saying that if we could have drafted Kyle Boller or Ty Warren at 3, you would have taken Boller?

If so, I dont get it.

"thats all one needs to know"

Who cares if he was first or second team All American? He is a specialty player for the most part. He is a rare type of player to find and they dont grow on trees, players like him are some of the hardest to find and with about half the league going to 3-4 defenses, they will be valued higher and higher through the years. The more the 3-4 becomes popular, the more you will see teams taking 5-tecs with high picks because of how slim the pickings usually are for the position.

I doubt very highly that MS busts that bad.

First off, you're misconstruing what I said so I'll say it again:

A QB (you know, the guy that's most responsible for wins and losses on a football team?) is MORE VALUABLE than a 5-Tech, 3-4 defensive end.

Got it?

I'm not going to argue your "opinion" of Freeman vs. my "opinion" of Tyson Jackson.

The bottom line is that all things being equal, a QB is infinitely more valuable to ANY franchise than a 3-4, 5 tech DE.

Got it?

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
i dont buy the jackson to cleveland shit for a minute. youre telling me that it we didnt draft jackson that the browns wouldve drafted him at 5 instead?

Hammock Parties
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM

I keep bringing this point up but nobody seems to care.

Jackson was drafted to be a three-down player, and early in the season, HE WAS. He was playing 3-tech on passing downs. Clearly, the Chiefs thought he was worth taking so high because they thought he could be a dominating inside pass rusher by moving inside in their nickel defense. They even put Glenn Dorsey ON THE BENCH because they thought Jackson could do a better job.

While this dispels the notion that Jackson was drafted to be only a two-down player, if actually works AGAINST the Chiefs in this case because Jackson's pass rush sucked so horribly early on they decided they'd put Dorsey back out there again.

But, for the true fans, I guess they can hope that next season Jackson will find a pass rush. At least that would somewhat justify his draft position. Better than being a two-down player, anyway.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Jackson was drafted to be a three-down player, and early in the season, HE WAS. He was playing 3-tech on passing downs. Clearly, the Chiefs thought he was worth taking so high because they thought he could be a dominating inside pass rusher by moving inside in their nickel defense. They even put Glenn Dorsey ON THE BENCH because they thought Jackson could do a better job.

While this dispels the notion that Jackson was drafted to be only a two-down player, if actually works AGAINST the Chiefs in this case because Jackson's pass rush sucked so horribly early on they decided they'd put Dorsey back out there again.

But, for the true fans, I guess they can hope that next season Jackson will find a pass rush. At least that would somewhat justify his draft position. Better than being a two-down player, anyway.

Tyson Jackson, meet Aaron Curry.

I think the Seahawks would be MUCH better off with Maualuga, Matthews or Cushing.

L.A. Chieffan
12-18-2009, 05:56 PM

jackson couldnt even rush in college with all-world talent around him, nor was he especially adept at stopping the run. in fact the only thing he was known for was how inconsistent he was, which remarkably has transferred into the pros. who woulda thunk it?

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
i dont buy the jackson to cleveland shit for a minute. youre telling me that it we didnt draft jackson that the browns wouldve drafted him at 5 instead?

It's nothing more than rumor and gamesmanship.

It's the equivalent to Buffalo taking Willis McGahee because Drew Rosenhaus was smart enough to realize that if Buffalo saw Willis on the phone, that meant someone was about to take him.

No one even mentioned Jackson as a Top 10 pick, much less Top 5 until late Friday night before the draft, when Rick Gosselin's mock came out - and everyone went WTF then, and are asking the same question now.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2009, 06:00 PM
jackson couldnt even rush in college with all-world talent around him

Did he even play as a 3-tech in college or was it strictly LE?

If so, you would have to wonder WTF Pioli saw in him that he thought Jackson could be an inside pass rusher. And they even ADMITTED in their press conference after he was picked that they thought he could play that position.

chiefzilla1501
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Oher, Harvin, Moreno, Davis, Crabtree - hell even Cushing would have been better choices than Tyson Jackson.
And EVERY ONE OF THOSE PICKS WAS TAKEN 10-20+ PICKS LATER. JFC. You're mad because the Chiefs took a reach and then pushing for the Chiefs to reach for another player. That's not just the Chiefs that passed on these guys. That's tons of teams, many of which have very good scouting networks. That's a hindsight argument.

It's not interesting. You're dumb. You clearly don't watch the games. Gilberry has better numbers and more sacks than Jackson.

Only YOU and Scott Pioli can justify taking a TWO DOWN PLAYER at #3 overall.
I do watch the games. Magee and Gilberry play a lot of snaps on third down on obvious passing downs. Dorsey and Jackson play most of the snaps on first and second down. You're advocating a 1-down player for a 2-down player.

I hope you're smarter than this in real life, i.e. your job, your relationships, etc. because you don't understand ANYTHING about a 3-4 defense.

For the last time, a 3-4, 5 tech defensive end is NOT AN IMPACT POSITION.

Tyson Jackson could be the greatest 5 tech of all time (which he won't) and no one would even notice.
Who cares about how noticeable the guy is. His job is to make other people on the field a lot better. That's not much different from what a nose tackle does, and that's easily the most important piece to a 3-4 defense.

If you line up a legit nose tackle in between Dorsey and Jackson, and Dorsey and Jackson play to their potential, there isn't a single team in the world that will be able to run on us. Explain to me again why that's not valuable. I agree that a 5-technique is a bit high for a top 3 pick. But again, this was easily the worst top of the class draft in ages.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 06:03 PM
we could have traded out of 3 and got way more value than just jackson at three thats my point

100% agree there. I would have traded back for half of the normal value with NO HESITATION.

First off, you're misconstruing what I said so I'll say it again:

A QB (you know, the guy that's most responsible for wins and losses on a football team?) is MORE VALUABLE than a 5-Tech, 3-4 defensive end.

Got it?

I'm not going to argue your "opinion" of Freeman vs. my "opinion" of Tyson Jackson.

The bottom line is that all things being equal, a QB is infinitely more valuable to ANY franchise than a 3-4, 5 tech DE.

Got it?

Please, dont talk down to me. I understand everything posted in this thread fully. Just because your opinion differs from mine, doesn't mean you have to try to be condescending to puff yourself up. Im sure you have the respect of most posters here and it is unnecessary. Save it for more deserving posters. There are plenty here to choose from.

I agree 100% that the QB position is far more valuable than a 5-tec. BUT if you dont feel that the available qbs can be the answer, you dont just take one to take one. That is what ultimately dooms franchises for five or more years.

"I'm not going to argue your "opinion" of Freeman vs. my "opinion" of Tyson Jackson."

Then this is a dead issue. What fun is it to say "you are wrong, but Im not gonna talk about why"

Ty Warrren is far more valuable to a team than Kyle Boller would be.

Got it?

I find that I am in these debates often and people hopefully arent thinking I am happy about the pick, just that is isnt as bad as some make it out to be.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Hold on.

So Harvin would have been a reach because of where he was actually drafted?

Is it possible that the teams that passed on him didn't need a WR?

That's like saying Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers would have been a reach in the Top 10 of their respective draft classes.

All it takes is one team to make a stupid pick, followed by others drafting for need, and you have a guy sitting in the green room way longer than necessary.

BossChief
12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I just hope we dont burn a couple first round picks on tight ends in the coming years like the Pats did...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2009, 06:10 PM
100% agree there. I would have traded back for half of the normal value with NO HESITATION.

Please, dont talk down to me. I understand everything posted in this thread fully. Just because your opinion differs from mine, doesn't mean you have to try to be condescending to puff yourself up. Im sure you have the respect of most posters here and it is unnecessary. Save it for more deserving posters. There are plenty here to choose from.

I agree 100% that the QB position is far more valuable than a 5-tec. BUT if you dont feel that the available qbs can be the answer, you dont just take one to take one. That is what ultimately dooms franchises for five or more years.

"I'm not going to argue your "opinion" of Freeman vs. my "opinion" of Tyson Jackson."

Then this is a dead issue. What fun is it to say "you are wrong, but Im not gonna talk about why"

Got it?

I find that I am in these debates often and people hopefully arent thinking I am happy about the pick, just that is isnt as bad as some make it out to be.

DUDE!

The VERY first thing I said was "NO OFFENSE".

Go back and read it.

philfree
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM

Got it?

No, No, NO! You have think it's was a terrible decision and think it rihgt now or you're a 'true fan'.

PhilFree:arrow

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I just hope we dont burn a couple first round picks on tight ends in the coming years like the Pats did...

That's scary. This is scarier:

The last three years of NE drafting.

http://i48.tinypic.com/vsmnet.jpg

26 selections, and they hit on two. And one is a fucking kicker. (Mayo the other)

Fish
12-18-2009, 06:22 PM

26 selections, and they hit on two. And one is a fucking kicker. (Mayo the other)

Fuck me look at all the Pro bowlers.....

BossChief
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Tyson Jackson, meet Aaron Curry.

I think the Seahawks would be MUCH better off with Maualuga, Matthews or Cushing.agree 100%

DUDE!

The VERY first thing I said was "NO OFFENSE".

Go back and read it.

DUDE

I know, but then you went on with a whole post with a condescending tone so I felt the need to throw a curve ball in response.

I was trying to have a little fun...

Hammock Parties
12-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Mike Richardson, Ryan O'Failaghan and Justin Rogers are all Chiefs.

And shitty ones.

Pioli sure can draft a kicker though!

BossChief
12-18-2009, 06:55 PM

26 selections, and they hit on two. And one is a ****ing kicker. (Mayo the other)

I wouldnt go so far as to say they hit on only two.

There are a few decent selections there, but it is mostly a massive fail.

I posted a list of the drafted players from Atlanta and Chicago from the timespans that our director of college scouting (Phil Emery) was in charge of the draft in and it is a equally as "impressive" of a list.

I have faith that they will do much better in the future, but that is just basically unhealthy denial caused by my longtime love of this team that is deeply rooted.

At times I feel like what an abused wife probably feels like when she defends her abuser husband to her friends. Denial caused by pain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-18-2009, 07:42 PM

a) The next time someone, anyone runs in to Dick Curl, please punch him in the mouth for claiming that Chiefs fans are "smart and know the game" on Hard Knocks. Thx!

b) Even if your absurd scenario were to come to pass, let me break down the Quarterback food chain for you:

Sanchez being a back up for the Faid = Matt Cassel out of a fucking job, completely unemployable, and no longer a player in the NFL.