PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV American Idol: WOW! "Rat Pack" night was amazing.

Pages : [1] 2

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
I love "the standards." Good singing all around but Danny Gokey really lit it up with "Come Rain or Come Shine". That guy can really sing. Nails. He would win it all based on last night.

Fat Elvis
04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
That gay boy is gonna win it all.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2009, 09:06 AM
That gay boy is gonna win it all.ROFL Adam?

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
That gay boy is gonna win it all.

He's the favorite now, but last night wasn't his best. He's a little too theatrical and screechy for my taste. And I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the "standards", so I really didn't like the arrangement of his song last night. But that's just my opinion. Fortunately for him, it appears the producers want him in the final as he generally gets one of the coveted spots at the end of the show each week. That and the judges are suckling at his teat. But he does have talent.

CoMoChief
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Gokey = limp wrist syndrome.

Comanche
04-29-2009, 09:18 AM
I love "the standards." Good singing all around but Danny Gokey really lit it up with "Come Rain or Come Shine". That guy can really sing. Nails. He would win it all based on last night.

Seriously dog, you need to watch more ESPN and less "E". Allison should win without a doubt.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Theme weeks suck. It watched it on my DVR in about 4 minutes total. Making the top 5 sing songs that they will never do again is useless.

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Fail. Lambert = limp wrist syndrome.

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Theme weeks suck. It watched it on my DVR in about 4 minutes total. Making the top 5 sing songs that they will never do again is useless.

Yeah, watching talented singers sing great songs really sucks. :rolleyes:

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Seriously dog, you need to watch more ESPN and less "E". Allison should win without a doubt.

You do what you have to do, bro. When my SO wants to sit half-naked and canoodle with me on the couch, she gets the control the remote. And I'm not complaining.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, watching talented singers sing great songs really sucks. :rolleyes:

None of them are ever going to make a rat pack album or have a career singing that type of music. Taking them completely out of their element at this point in time is stupid.

LaChapelle
04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
The internet has saved my from ever watching that or any Survior shows. Thank You Al Gore!

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
None of them are ever going to make a rat pack album or have a career singing that type of music. Taking them completely out of their element at this point in time is stupid.

Whatever. You probably shouldn't watch the show then.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2009, 09:35 AM
:spock:Gokey = limp wrist syndrome.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Seriously dog, you need to watch more ESPN and less "E". Allison should win without a doubt.The remaining 5 are capable of winning. No one is safe.

Fat Elvis
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Well, not so much. The guy is a youth pastor and widower.

Jilly
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
The remaining 5 are capable of winning. No one is safe.

I don't like Matt. I think he's fake. I just decided that last night.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
How appropriate the Gokey is from Wisconsin, because every time I see him sing I think "ah, the power of CHEESE".

Allison has the voice, but Simon is right - she doesn't have the attitude. Matt is overmatched. Chris has what it takes to win, but this year just isn't any other year.

Because of Adam.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
He's the favorite now, but last night wasn't his best. He's a little too theatrical and screechy for my taste. And I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the "standards", so I really didn't like the arrangement of his song last night. But that's just my opinion. Fortunately for him, it appears the producers want him in the final as he generally gets one of the coveted spots at the end of the show each week. That and the judges are suckling at his teat. But he does have talent.

I'm dying for them to do "80's hair band night" because I would love to hear Adam sing Skid Row. ROFL

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of David Bowie, T. Rex, Mott the Hoople, etc. So while Adam probably doesn't appeal to many, I definitely like him.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm dying for them to do "80's hair band night" because I would love to hear Adam sing Skid Row. ROFL

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of David Bowie, T. Rex, Mott the Hoople, etc. So while Adam probably doesn't appeal to many, I definitely like him.

Next week Slash is rumored to be the guest mentor. You may get your wish. I hope Allison doesn't get eliminated tonight because she would do a good job on "rock week".

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:01 AM

He is unique:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/american-idol-8/lambert3.jpg

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/american-idol-8/lambert1.jpg

Chief Pote
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM

:clap:

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
He is unique:

NTTIAWWT ???

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
He is unique:

And your point?

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
And your point?

Ummm... he's unique and not like the average contestant.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Ummm... he's unique and not like the average contestant.

OK. It seemed to me like you were trying to suggest that his ambiguous sexual preferences had some bearing on whether or not he's a good singer/contestant.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Next week Slash is rumored to be the guest mentor. You may get your wish.

Heres Danny Gokey singing Warrants "Heaven"

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
OK. It seemed to me like you were trying to suggest that his ambiguous sexual preferences had some bearing on whether or not he's a good singer/contestant.

I don't think there's anything "ambiguous" about his sexual preferences. Whether or not that (and his drag queen aura) hurts his chances with voters going forward is anyone's guess. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't a good singer.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Heres Danny Gokey singing Warrants "Heaven"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1aVIb7GBE4c/SeOn85FiqzI/AAAAAAAABeQ/U6p168ekPLk/s400/chester.jpg

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't think there's anything "ambiguous" about his sexual preferences. Whether or not that (and his drag queen aura) hurts his chances with voters going forward is anyone's guess. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't a good singer.

It absolutely is ambiguous, since all reports are that he's straight.

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:57 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 11:58 AM

There's not much ambiguity when you are mouth kissing a male and voluntarily wearing hot pants with a butler vest, white corsage and orange gloves.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You watch way too much E!

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
You watch way too much E!

Thanks for the hahas. I've never heard anyone define one man sucking another man's face as "ambiguous". That was great.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
There's not much ambiguity when you are mouth kissing a male and voluntarily wearing hot pants with a butler vest, white corsage and orange gloves.

You're obviously not overly familiar with 70's glam rock.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
You're obviously not overly familiar with 70's glam rock.

It's not the 70's.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
It's not the 70's.

No, but the act is the same.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 12:22 PM
No, but the act is the same.

Candid pictures are not an "act". What do you need to see, Adam astride a vibrating rubber fist?

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Candid pictures are not an "act". What do you need to see, Adam astride a vibrating rubber fist?

LMAO

Frankie
04-29-2009, 12:44 PM
How appropriate the Gokey is from Wisconsin, because every time I see him sing I think "ah, the power of CHEESE".

Allison has the voice, but Simon is right - she doesn't have the attitude. Matt is overmatched. Chris has what it takes to win, but this year just isn't any other year.

Because of Adam.

This.

And double this.

Comanche
04-29-2009, 12:57 PM
You do what you have to do, bro. When my SO wants to sit half-naked and canoodle with me on the couch, she gets the remote. And I'm not complaining.

Dude, check it out. If she is half naked and GETS THE REMOTE, Dog, that ain't a good sign! :D :D :D :D :D

Allison was the BOMB! Randy Jackson said so Dog.

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:00 PM
You do what you have to do, bro. When my SO wants to sit half-naked and canoodle with me on the couch, she gets the remote. And I'm not complaining.

I don't like Matt. I think he's fake. I just decided that last night.

EXACTLY! Why do the judges like him? Kara has to go!

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Because of Adam.

Simon is NOT right about Allison. She sounded like an old time "blues" singer. I suppose Adam has the right "attitude" because he was swinging his hips coming down the stairs? Allison has the voice of a seasoned vet and she is only 16!!!!

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM

Because of Adam.

Next week Slash is rumored to be the guest mentor. You may get your wish. I hope Allison doesn't get eliminated tonight because she would do a good job on "rock week".

"I hope Allison doesn't get eliminated tonight because she would do a good job on "rock week"

Exactly! She will wreck the stage!!!

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM

There are pictures of him "passionately" kissing girls as well.

His sexuality is an act.

If you read up, you'll see he's had relationships with men AND women.

As if that's relevant to American Idol anyway.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Simon is NOT right about Allison. She sounded like an old time "blues" singer. I suppose Adam has the right "attitude" because he was swinging his hips coming down the stairs? Allison has the voice of a seasoned vet and she is only 16!!!!

I tend to agree with Joel McHale. Just replace "seasoned vet" with "2 pack-a-day smoker".

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM
The remaining 5 are capable of winning. No one is safe.

In Simon's words, Chris is "forgetable".

Chiefnj2
04-29-2009, 01:11 PM

His sexuality is an act.

It isn't relevant, but you said "all reports are that he is straight". That isn't straight. There are more photos of him and that guy exchanging tongues. That's not straight, except to Richard Simmons maybe. Idol always downplays and tries to silence gay rumors - it hurts the vote throughout Jesus Land I presume. In any event he's winning the whole thing.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
It isn't relevant, but you said "all reports are that he is straight". That isn't straight. There are more photos of him and that guy exchanging tongues. That's not straight, except to Richard Simmons maybe. Idol always downplays and tries to silence gay rumors - it hurts the vote throughout Jesus Land I presume. In any event he's winning the whole thing.

I will choose my wording more carefully the next time. There's "evidence and speculation" surrounding whether or not he's straight, gay, or bi everywhere on the internet. The initial point was that his sexuality is AMBIGUOUS and it absolutely is.

As for being gay hurting his vote in the bible belt, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it HELPS his vote on both coasts to a certain extent.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
In Simon's words, Chris is "forgetable".

He's less forgettable than Allison.

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I tend to agree with Joel McHale. Just replace "seasoned vet" with "2 pack-a-day smoker".

"seasoned vet" with "2 pack-a-day smoker" Same difference, right? In my day I listened to lots of Janis Joplin and she was smoking more than 2 packs-a-day (and not always tobacco)! Allison will make 10 times more money in her lifetime than any of the other contestants this season.

Comanche
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
He's less forgettable than Allison.

NO,NO,NO,NO! :harumph: You would not have ever remembered "Chris" if I hadn't reminded you of him. He is SO "forgetable." No one will EVER forget Allison (if for her pink hair if nothing else).

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't like Matt. I think he's fake. I just decided that last night.He SHOULD have blown everyone away last night. He was 5th best, IMO.

The Rick
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm SO glad that Adam was knocked off his perch a little bit tonight!

jeffery
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm SO glad that Adam was knocked off his perch a little bit tonight!

Me too...stupid faggot
Posted via Mobile Device

04-29-2009, 09:38 PM
So who got the axe?

kcfanintitanhell
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
So who got the axe?

My Funny Valentine.

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:36 PM

His sexuality is an act.

So where's the pictures of him "passionately" kissing girls? Here's a video of him performing at the "Upright Cabaret" in West Hollywood. He describes a moment when he had to kiss an actress in a scene from "Wicked" even though it wasn't "his preference."

Dude, your mancrush on Adam isn't impacted by his gayness. It's okay.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZSHm4x4TGk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gZSHm4x4TGk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Adam in the bottom 2. ROFL

T-post Tom
04-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Dude, check it out. If she is half naked and GETS THE REMOTE, Dog, that ain't a good sign! :D :D :D :D :D

Allison was the BOMB! Randy Jackson said so Dog.

Haha. Poor wording on my part. I let her have the remote when we're relaxing on the sofa and she's looking/acting soft and girly. Otherwise, the channel clicker is like a baton in a relay race. I'm sure most guys have a similar dynamic when it comes to the fairer sex and who controls the tube. The smart girl will always win. Simple biology.

As for Allison, she was good.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Allison will make 10 times more money in her lifetime than any of the other contestants this season.

That's a stretch, a REAL stretch.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 08:43 AM
So where's the pictures of him "passionately" kissing girls?

A quick google search produces a few within seconds.

Dude, your mancrush on Adam isn't impacted by his gayness. It's okay.

Unfortunately, the number of votes he gets DOES appear to be impacted by homophobes like you.

Jilly
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Yep, I called it. I thought it would be Matt or Adam....but pretty much figured it would be Matt.

Chiefnj2
04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
At the very worst Adam will be the star of whichever Broadway play he chooses for the next 25 years.

Jilly
04-30-2009, 08:54 AM
At the very worst Adam will be the star of whichever Broadway play he chooses for the next 25 years.

I think he is incredibly talented...but I can't honestly stand his theatrics.

My fave, believe it or not, is Kris. I think he's pure.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Or Vegas.

Definitely not Branson. ROFL

jjjayb
04-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Unfortunately, the number of votes he gets DOES appear to be impacted by homophobes like you.

And how many votes does he get BECAUSE he is gay? It probably washes out in the end. As much as I personally find those pictures of him making out with a guy disgusting, it doesn't affect my opinion of his performances. His performances are great. They are fun to watch. I just don't care for his singing. I get the feeling he's acting like a singer, rather than being a singer. He'll be a phenomenal broadway star, not necesarily a pop star.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Danny has yet to make it to the bottom 3.
FWIW, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood never made there, either.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
I wanna hear Adam sing "I Remember You" by Skid Row next week.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm good with any of the final four winning.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I get the feeling he's acting like a singer, rather than being a singer. He'll be a phenomenal broadway star, not necesarily a pop star.

Everything about him is an over-the-top act.

Which is the point I was trying to make before Tom whipped out the "faggot" smack.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
I wanna hear Adam sing "I Remember You" by Skid Row next week.

Exactly. ROFL

Frankie
04-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Allison will make 10 times more money in her lifetime than any of the other contestants this season.

While that would be an exaggeration, I agree that she will have a very very successful career. I don't say that because she is my favorite this year. I understand Adam's appeal and he will probably win it all, but he is an experienced professional already. Gokey has the best male voice among the contestants. But he needs to lose the glasses and become more edgy to have a career.

Frankie
04-30-2009, 10:37 AM
My fave, believe it or not, is Kris. I think he's pure.

Yet he is the one we've seen and heard many times on Idol every year.

Deberg_1990
04-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Danny: Good chance of winning. Decent but coasting off sympathy vote.

Kris: Might be my favorite right now. A sleeper all season, but hes gotten better and better.

Allison: Decent voice. I actually like her style, but shes probably the next to go.

Adam: Definately the most all around talented, but hes sort of fallen into a rut where he sings every song the same way. Over the top. Hes starting to polarize voters.

My guess for winner: Danny

Frankie
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Adam in the bottom 2. ROFL

I honestly think the show itself staged that. Up to then it was obvious Adam was going to coast and be this year's winner. No suspens = No rating.

Deberg_1990
04-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I honestly think the show itself staged that. Up to then it was obvious Adam was going to coast and be this yea's winner. No suspens = No rating.

Wouldnt surprise me.

I really wish they would post or say the voting totals. At least it would seem more legit.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Danny: Good chance of winning. Decent but coasting off sympathy vote.

Kris: Might be my favorite right now. A sleeper all season, but hes gotten better and better.

Allison: Decent voice. I actually like her style, but shes probably the next to go.

Adam: Definately the most all around talented, but hes sort of fallen into a rut where he sings every song the same way. Over the top. Hes starting to polarize voters.

My guess for winner: DannyI agree with all of that, except for Danny and the sympathy vote. He's consistanly good. Every week. Sure, his dead wife makes a great backstory, but I could really not give a shit less about that.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I honestly think the show itself staged that. Up to then it was obvious Adam was going to coast and be this year's winner. No suspens = No rating.Not true. Carrie Underwood sailed thru. I don't understand what the big deal is about Adam being bottom 2 out of 5. Seriously, the top 4 now are great. Anyone could win.

jjjayb
04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Not true. Carrie Underwood sailed thru. I don't understand what the big deal is about Adam being bottom 2 out of 5. Seriously, the top 4 now are great. Anyone could win.

This is definitely the best top 5 they've had. Every other year it seemed like there were a few at the top that didn't deserve to be there. This year every one of them is deserving. I personally think it will come down to Kris and Gokey.

Frankie
04-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Not true. Carrie Underwood sailed thru. I don't understand what the big deal is about Adam being bottom 2 out of 5. Seriously, the top 4 now are great. Anyone could win.

Underwood was one of 3 who could have been Idol that year. It was not as clear cut as Adam.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Wouldnt surprise me.

I really wish they would post or say the voting totals. At least it would seem more legit.

Supposedly there was some kind of organized effort between the Adam and Allison fans to "vote" Danny into the bottom three. They incorrectly assumed that Adam would have enough votes to carry him through if some of his fans were actively voting for Allison.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Underwood was one of 3 who could have been Idol that year. It was not as clear cut as Adam.LMAO Sorry, you are way wrong. The top 4 now are all equally as good.

Chiefnj2
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Supposedly there was some kind of organized effort between the Adam and Allison fans to "vote" Danny into the bottom three. They incorrectly assumed that Adam would have enough votes to carry him through if some of his fans were actively voting for Allison.

I thought you vote for the person you want. How can anyone vote a person to the bottom?

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I thought you vote for the person you want. How can anyone vote a person to the bottom?

The idea (again, apparently) was that Adam was getting SO MANY votes that they could split the votes between him and Allison and get them both in the Top 2. What that actually proves is beyond me, I'm just repeating what I read.

T-post Tom
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
A quick google search produces a few within seconds.Unfortunately, the number of votes he gets DOES appear to be impacted by homophobes like you.

Really? I found a bunch of pics with guys. That's it, except for one stupid pic that wasn't "passionate" at all.

I have nothing against homosexuals, but you seem to have a hard time with the issue of Adam's gayness. I find no issue with it. It's just odd how you refuse to accept it. As if it devalues him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Htismage walks into a restroom at a public park and finds Adam Lambert sucking off George Michael:

Htismage: "WTF Adam!?! I thought you were ambiguous, not gay."

Adam: "Well...um...you see..."

Htismage: "Come on dog, this really hurts. Seriously, I'm crushed. I've been defending you and telling everyone that you're 'ambiguous', not gay. This um....sucks."

Adam: "Well, I was sucking George off. And his penis was down my throat...but I didn't enjoy it, so I'm not really gay."

Htismage: "Oh thank God. You really had me worried. I'm glad you're not gay."

Chiefnj2
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd like Adam to sing Beyond the Realms of Death by Judas Priest. He could bring major theatrics to it.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Really? I found a bunch of pics with guys. That's it, except for one stupid pic that wasn't "passionate" at all.

I have nothing against homosexuals, but you seem to have a hard time with the issue of Adam's gayness. I find no issue with it. It's just odd how you refuse to accept it. As if it devalues him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Htismage walks into a restroom at a public park and finds Adam Lambert sucking off George Michael:

Htismage: "WTF Adam!?! I thought you were ambiguous, not gay."

Adam: "Well...um...you see..."

Htismage: "Come on dog, this really hurts. Seriously, I'm crushed. I've been defending you and telling everyone that you're 'ambiguous', not gay. This um....sucks."

Adam: "Well, I was sucking George off. And his penis was down my throat...but I didn't enjoy it, so I'm not really gay."

Htismage: "Oh thank God. You really had me worried. I'm glad you're not gay."

So you've gone from homophobe to 4th grader.

Congratulations on your sub-80 IQ.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I'd like Adam to sing Beyond the Realms of Death by Judas Priest. He could bring major theatrics to it.

That would be sweet. Do you think AI would allow something like that though?

T-post Tom
04-30-2009, 01:08 PM
So you've gone from homophobe to 4th grader.

Congratulations on your sub-80 IQ.

ha. look in the mirror. you should lighten up, bro.

Chiefnj2
04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
That would be sweet. Do you think AI would allow something like that though?

Probably not. They'd prefer if Slash played guitar while Adam sang My Heart Will Go On and then tell him he's great because he made it his own in a very contemporary and non-wet manner, dawg.

htismaqe
04-30-2009, 01:12 PM
ha. look in the mirror. you should lighten up, bro.

Lighten up? You're overestimating your effect on me.

Look, I cleared this up with Chiefnj several posts ago. The discussion was about Adam being an "act" and his sexuality is part of that.

I can't help it that it makes you uncomfortable.

Frankie
04-30-2009, 01:45 PM
LMAO Sorry, you are way wrong. The top 4 now are all equally as good.

Gokey and Allison are even better singers. But Adam has all that's needed to become a star. Chris has a good voice but nothing unique to really remember.

Frankie
04-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd like Adam to sing Beyond the Realms of Death by Judas Priest.

Or Queen.

Jilly
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Or Queen.

I've been saying this from the get go...I want to hear him sing, The Show Must Go On

BigMeatballDave
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM
This is the 1st performance by Adam I've really liked. Must be the Genre...

Frankie
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
This is the 1st performance by Adam I've really liked. Must be the Genre...

Actually to me this was the most unoriginal of his repertoire. He did not change anything from the Led Zeppelin version and came up way short of equaling them. I don't understand why the judges did not point that out.

ChiefsFanatic
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Actually to me this was the most unoriginal of his repertoire. He did not change anything from the Led Zeppelin version and came up way short of equaling them. I don't understand why the judges did not point that out.

I thought he killed it. I think he is a really talented guy, and I hope he fronts a jam up band and not some sell out shit.

Pablo
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
LOL. This thread is full of a bunch of dudes commenting on American Idol.

Comanche
05-06-2009, 08:21 AM
That's a stretch, a REAL stretch.

Watch and learn. Of the past winners of Idol, the women are kicking butt in the money category.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Watch and learn. Of the past winners of Idol, the women are kicking butt in the money category.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see her be commercially successful. But you said she'd make TEN TIMES what the other contestants do. So far I believe that's only true for season 1 and Kelly Clarkson.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:34 AM

He did the right thing. You don't CHANGE Led Zeppelin.

That would have been like Chris changing up the Beatles. You just don't do it.

But DEAR GOD, it was funny to see Danny trying so hard to be like Adam. Epic fail.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I thought he killed it. I think he is a really talented guy, and I hope he fronts a jam up band and not some sell out shit.

If he wins, he won't have a choice. Part of the "prize" is an exclusive record contract.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
LOL. This thread is full of a bunch of dudes commenting on American Idol.

And you're here. Perhaps you should come out of the closet.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Last night was pretty brutal:

Adam - did the best, but kept it too safe. On both Whole lotta Love and Born to be Wild he didn't change much of the song. When he sings it straight he doesn't stand out as being great.

Allison - Last night was hers for the taking and finally stand out. She failed. Safe, boring song. You've got to step it up at this stage.

Kris - asking him to do anything other than James Taylor/Jason Mratz, or whoever the hell it is, just leads to poor performances.

Gokey - Too self absorbed to know he can't handle the song. That last note was one of the best in Idol history.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Last night was pretty brutal:

Adam - did the best, but kept it too safe. On both Whole lotta Love and Born to be Wild he didn't change much of the song. When he sings it straight he doesn't stand out as being great.

Allison - Last night was hers for the taking and finally stand out. She failed. Safe, boring song. You've got to step it up at this stage.

Kris - asking him to do anything other than James Taylor/Jason Mratz, or whoever the hell it is, just leads to poor performances.

Gokey - Too self absorbed to know he can't handle the song. That last note was one of the best in Idol history.

I hear what you're saying about Adam, but you can't change that song. It's iconic. Perhaps he should have picked a different song that would have allowed him to mix it up more? And I'm not sure what version of "Born to Be Wild" you're used to (I personally like the original and the version by the Cult) but his was SIGNIFICANTLY different. And not in a good way, I actually hated it.

Allison suffered last night from the same thing she always has - she's a good SINGER, but that's about it. This is the part of the competition where age becomes a potentially big issue. It's why David Archuleta had no chance to beat David Cook - she's a 17-year old girl in the ring with 2 professional musicians and a music teacher who is classicly trained.

Finally, if by "one the best in Idol History" you mean "I laughed my ass off at that horrific attempt to be rock and roll" then yes, I absolutely agree with you. Ahh, the power of cheese.

Jilly
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I totally thought last night sucked all around. I didn't even think Adam did good. Too freakin fake. Still like Kris because at least it's him when he sings. Allison could have nailed this week with maybe a Stevie Nix song...or something....but ugh, she just sounded plain.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I totally thought last night sucked all around. I didn't even think Adam did good. Too freakin fake. Still like Kris because at least it's him when he sings. Allison could have nailed this week with maybe a Stevie Nix song...or something....but ugh, she just sounded plain.

I knew I wouldn't enjoy it the minute I found out she was singing Janice. I agree with Simon, she would have been better served singing the Jefferson Airplane song. Every rock chick that's ever been on the show draws the inevitable Janis Joplin comparison, and her singing that song just screamed CLICHE.

Delano
05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Do they get handed a short list of songs to pick from for each week?

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Yeah, from what I've gathered over the years, it's not open-ended. They get a list of songs and sometimes there is fighting over who gets what.

Deberg_1990
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM

I assume so. They never really say how many songs they get to choose from.

Delano
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
So, much of the 'judge's' bitching about picking different songs is probably useless?

Anyway, I thought Adam was fantastic and the duet with him and Allison gave me a confusing half-chub.

BigRedChief
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
So, much of the 'judge's' bitching about picking different songs is probably useless?

Anyway, I thought Adam was fantastic and the duet with him and Allison gave me a confusing half-chub.
You do realize the dude is gay and she is a minor?:)

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 01:02 PM

No, actually the bitching by the judges make perfect sense, since I'm pretty sure they have input into the "list".

In my estimation, each week the producers and judges build a list of songs they would like to see the contestants sing. So when you hear the judges complaining about song choice, in reality they're really saying "you didn't sing the song I wanted to hear".

It's all about ratings.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Allison and Adam should have sang Gimme Shelter as the duet.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Sometimes you'll see leaked song lists. I don't know how accurate it is. For Country Week there was a "leaked" list that was about 60-70 songs long.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't say who'll go tonite. I thought they were all equally average. Honestly, I don't really care who wins now. All 4 could be successful. I don't get the hatred for Danny, though. He's still there because he can sing as good as any of them. Some around here think he's gotten through on 'sympathy'. They haven't mentioned that since we've been in the top 12.

kcxiv
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Makes me sad so many people watch this stuff. lol Its ruining scripted tv grrrr. lol Just my bitterness. carry on.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2009, 07:57 PM
...and then there were 3...

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I can't say who'll go tonite. I thought they were all equally average. Honestly, I don't really care who wins now. All 4 could be successful. I don't get the hatred for Danny, though. He's still there because he can sing as good as any of them. Some around here think he's gotten through on 'sympathy'. They haven't mentioned that since we've been in the top 12.

I hate Danny because I think he's cheesy.

Geoffrey Osborn/Michael McDonald CHEESY.

htismaqe
05-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Makes me sad so many people watch this stuff. lol Its ruining scripted tv grrrr. lol Just my bitterness. carry on.

Really? Because my favorite show right now, and maybe in a decade, is scripted - "House".

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Geoffrey Osborn/Michael McDonald CHEESY.:D Same reason I don't care for Adam, I guess. I will say Adam IS a very good entertainer. His time came 25 yrs too late. He should be a frontman in a GlamBand.

Frankie
05-06-2009, 09:05 PM
...and then there were 3...

:(
I'm really bummed. They kicked my favorite out.
:cuss:

Frankie
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Every year there's a boy contestant who rides the preteen girls' (the biggest voting block) vote far too long. This year it's Chris. Danny has a very good voice. He just does not have the stage presence needed for the genre he is strong in.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
:cuss:I don't really have a favorite. I think Danny is the most talented 'singer'.

jjjayb
05-07-2009, 05:55 AM

He doesn't even come close to Adam in the cheese factor. Adam is mayor Mccheese in the city of cheddartown.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I vote for whoever Slash voted for.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 07:54 AM
He doesn't even come close to Adam in the cheese factor. Adam is mayor Mccheese in the city of cheddartown.ROFL

Chiefnj2
05-07-2009, 08:45 AM

She deserved it. It was hers for the taking this week and she played it poorly.

Adam deserves to win. Hopefully his flamboyance won't put off the bible belt.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
We obviously don't have the same definition of cheese.

David Bowie and Marc Bolan were flamboyant, theatrical...hell, GAY. That's fine, that's Adam. But that's NOT cheesy.

Cheesy is Michael Bolton. Cheesy is signing Barry Manilow at your brother's wedding. And THAT, my friends, is Danny Gokey.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Cheesy is Michael Bolton. Cheesy is signing Barry Manilow at your brother's wedding. And THAT, my friends, is Danny Gokey.I agree, Bolton and Manilow are cheesy. Gokey is NOT like them at all.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM

David Bowie and Marc Bolan were flamboyant, theatrical...hell, GAY. That's fine, that's Adam. But that's NOT cheesy.

Cheesy is Michael Bolton. Cheesy is signing Barry Manilow at your brother's wedding. And THAT, my friends, is Danny Gokey.'Cheesy' is subjective, anyway. If you don't like someone's style, you just plain do not like them. I just do not get 'cheesy' from Danny, but I do from Adam. I think its the theatrics. I like Queens music, but Freddie Mercury is the head cheese.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree, Bolton and Manilow are cheesy. Gokey is NOT like them at all.

Wow. What did you think of David Archuleta last year? Because he was ABSOLUTELY cheesy, and Gokey might as well be his older brother - right down to the stupid shit-eating "I know I'm great, but I'm gonna pretend to be modest" grin.

Frankie
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM

Cheesy is Michael Bolton. Cheesy is signing Barry Manilow at your brother's wedding. And THAT, my friends, is Danny Gokey.

I agree, Bolton and Manilow are cheesy. Gokey is NOT like them at all.

'Cheesy' is subjective, anyway. If you don't like someone's style, you just plain do not like them. I just do not get 'cheesy' from Danny, but I do from Adam. I think its the theatrics. I like Queens music, but Freddie Mercury is the head cheese.

He doesn't even come close to Adam in the cheese factor. Adam is mayor Mccheese in the city of cheddartown.

WILL YOU GUYS CUT THE CHEESE ALREADY?!!!

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow. What did you think of David Archuleta last year? Because he was ABSOLUTELY cheesy, and Gokey might as well be his older brother - right down to the stupid shit-eating "I know I'm great, but I'm gonna pretend to be modest" grin.I don't think Archuleta is cheesy, just juvenile.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't think Archuleta is cheesy, just juvenile.

We really do have different definitions then.

Danny Gokey will be widely heard on easy listening stations in the near future, just like his younger counterpart is in heavy rotation on the kids version of easy listening - the Disney Channel.

Jilly
05-07-2009, 10:19 AM

cuz she was a girl, I bet that's why she was your favorite! ;)

Jilly
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
she was the one who needed to go though..... I thought Danny or her....even though I'm not an Adam fan....his vocals were still good, while hers and Danny's just weren't. I'm still a Kris fan. He fits the singer/songwriter mold I like and that's in right now.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 10:25 AM
she was the one who needed to go though..... I thought Danny or her....even though I'm not an Adam fan....his vocals were still good, while hers and Danny's just weren't. I'm still a Kris fan. He fits the singer/songwriter mold I like and that's in right now.

Your last sentence is very, very true.

Chiefnj2
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Except Kris has not shown one ounce of originality which is the skill most singer/song writers have.

Theatrics are different than cheese.

Danny is the ultimate fromage american.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Except Kris has not shown one ounce of originality which is the skill most singer/song writers have.

Actually Kris DID show considerable originality a few weeks ago - when he turned a Don Henley anthem into some kind of horrible pseudo-funk garbage.

Jilly
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM

Yeah, I tend to disagree with you on the Kris thing. I feel like his styling is a lot more creative...one can make anything theatrically, but it's the small nuances that makes it authentic.

jjjayb
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
The more I hear Adam sing, the less I like him. His voice has gotten boring very quickly. His songs all sound like the same scream fest to me. Every time he sings, I'm just waiting for the big scream to come out. It was okay the first few times. Now it's like he's a cliche of himself.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM

IMO, Theatrics ARE cheesy. Also, I do not think cheesy is always 'bad'.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
IMO, Theatrics ARE cheesy. Also, I do not think cheesy is always 'bad'.

Wow, you really have an f-ed up definition of "cheesy".

T-post Tom
05-07-2009, 12:59 PM
The more I hear Adam sing, the less I like him. His voice has gotten boring very quickly. His songs all sound like the same scream fest to me. Every time he sings, I'm just waiting for the big scream to come out. It was okay the first few times. Now it's like he's a cliche of himself.

Spot on.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, you really have an f-ed up definition of "cheesy".By definition, it means cheap, poor quality. That is highly subjective. So, you thinking Danny is cheesy, would be correct, in your opinion. One mans trash...

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
The more I hear Adam sing, the less I like him. His voice has gotten boring very quickly. His songs all sound like the same scream fest to me. Every time he sings, I'm just waiting for the big scream to come out. It was okay the first few times. Now it's like he's a cliche of himself.:clap:

chagrin
05-07-2009, 01:24 PM

ummm - any dude who posts threads about American Idol = limp wrist syndrome :shake:

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 01:29 PM
By definition, it means cheap, poor quality. That is highly subjective. So, you thinking Danny is cheesy, would be correct, in your opinion. One mans trash...

I don't think it at all implies poor quality.

Frankie
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM

That's why I think he will have a successful EARLY career and Alison a more steady, longer one.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
That's why I think he will have a successful EARLY career and Alison a more steady, longer one.

Adam has already done considerable stage work. She may be on the charts longer, but he'll have work until he decides he doesn't want to work anymore.

underEJ
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
This is the first year I have ever watched. You could put me in the category of "thought American Idol was the lowest common denominator." I do think it has value now, but probably isn't a show I will regularly watch again unless I'm drawn to a contestant again.

Adam is the first AI contestant I have ever had interest in enough to bother watching. I think people who regularly enjoy the show, and find him unpleasant have every right to complain about his performances. They are not for everybody, and if he wasn't bringing in more new viewers like me, the producers might notice a hit in ratings from the people he turns off.

The thing is, people who predict he won't sell records are basing that on the show's stable of past contestants, and he's very different from them. His real post-Idol audience I really think is yet to be determined. I hope he does music I like afterward. He certainly has shown an interest in styles I like, so I think it's a fair bet I will buy his music, but not if the AI machine muddles him into something bland and unrecognizable.

To all the people who feel betrayed by his presence on the show, you can have your show back next season, and all of us one timers will likely be gone. Not a bad ratio for you, 7 mainstream "regular" winners, 1 for the minority - here's hoping he wins, then you can have 7 more.

htismaqe
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
This is the first year I have ever watched. You could put me in the category of "thought American Idol was the lowest common denominator." I do think it has value now, but probably isn't a show I will regularly watch again unless I'm drawn to a contestant again.

Adam is the first AI contestant I have ever had interest in enough to bother watching. I think people who regularly enjoy the show, and find him unpleasant have every right to complain about his performances. They are not for everybody, and if he wasn't bringing in more new viewers like me, the producers might notice a hit in ratings from the people he turns off.

The thing is, people who predict he won't sell records are basing that on the show's stable of past contestants, and he's very different from them. His real post-Idol audience I really think is yet to be determined. I hope he does music I like afterward. He certainly has shown an interest in styles I like, so I think it's a fair bet I will buy his music, but not if the AI machine muddles him into something bland and unrecognizable.

To all the people who feel betrayed by his presence on the show, you can have your show back next season, and all of us one timers will likely be gone. Not a bad ratio for you, 7 mainstream "regular" winners, 1 for the minority - here's hoping he wins, then you can have 7 more.

Wow, awesome post.

I've posted it here several times over the years - for guys like Adam, winning isn't the best outcome. One of the "prizes" is an EXCLUSIVE recording contract - I believe at least 2 albums - of mass-produced vanilla crap.

jjjayb
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM

I don't think anyone feels betrayed by his presence on the show. He's talented. I don't understand why you think he's any different than other contestants. This show has had singers from every genre you can imagine over the past 7 years. If this was the 80's I'd say he deserves to win. He would be a megastar in the 80's. He may have in fact stepped out of a time capsule from the 80's. Unfortunately, I got over the 80's twenty years ago...

But that's what makes the show great. They actually let you vote. And why do you consider the people who like him the minority? If that was true he would have been voted off long ago.

underEJ
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't think anyone feels betrayed by his presence on the show. He's talented. I don't understand why you think he's any different than other contestants. This show has had singers from every genre you can imagine over the past 7 years. If this was the 80's I'd say he deserves to win. He would be a megastar in the 80's. He may have in fact stepped out of a time capsule from the 80's. Unfortunately, I got over the 80's twenty years ago...

But that's what makes the show great. They actually let you vote. And why do you consider the people who like him the minority? If that was true he would have been voted off long ago.

Betrayed was probably an over the top word choice, but the comments I've seen everywhere often turn to a particular set of complaints. 1) He only screeches, can't sing and I don't understand what people like about him. They must be deaf (sounds like they think he doesn't belong there) 2) Go back to Broadway Adam! 3) I won't let my kids watch that pervert, he's not AI material. 4) He's already a professional so he shouldn't be there. 5) He's fake and an American Idol should be real.

He is different. He just is, and he isn't from the 80s. He is right for the times. It's not a good answer, I know. It's like the NFL draft. I won't know for a couple of years or more if I am right about who he will be as an artist, but I am definitely interested.

"People who like Adam" aren't the minority. "People who don't watch AI, but are drawn to this season for one reason only, Adam" are the minority.

I suspect winning may not be best for him, but he wants to win, so I'll vote for him.

jjjayb
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Betrayed was probably an over the top word choice, but the comments I've seen everywhere often turn to a particular set of complaints. 1) He only screeches, can't sing and I don't understand what people like about him. They must be deaf (sounds like they think he doesn't belong there) 2) Go back to Broadway Adam! 3) I won't let my kids watch that pervert, he's not AI material. 4) He's already a professional so he shouldn't be there. 5) He's fake and an American Idol should be real.

Are you watching the show with Fred Phelps? Can't say I've heard anyone say anything remotely close to that. The fake, broadway and screeching part yes, the pervert part, no.

hishighness
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
The remaining 5 are capable of winning. No one is safe.Yup, I'd say they all have a %20 chance each.

Chiefnj2
05-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Are you watching the show with Fred Phelps? Can't say I've heard anyone say anything remotely close to that. The fake, broadway and screeching part yes, the pervert part, no.

There are posts around the internet that show Adam kissing that guy and dressed up where the caption says something like "America, are you really going to let that be the next AI?" So yes, there is a contingent that disapproves of his lifestyle and holds it against him.

The Rick
05-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Today is Danny Gokey Day here in Milwaukee. A concert at the lakefront and singing the national anthem at the Brewers game tonight as well as throwing out the first pitch.

jjjayb
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
There are posts around the internet that show Adam kissing that guy and dressed up where the caption says something like "America, are you really going to let that be the next AI?" So yes, there is a contingent that disapproves of his lifestyle and holds it against him.

As there is a contingent that will vote for him because of his lifestyle.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
That first performance by Chris was pretty rough.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
WOW. Great performance by Danny. I'm sure a few will be along shortly to complain about the smell of cheese...

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Adam and Danny in the finals.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd prefer Chris and Danny. Adam's version of Cryin' sucks balls. Danny is by far and away the better singer.

Frankie
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Adam and Danny in the finals.

I have not been a great Chris fan all along. But his version of Heartless was great. In fact I enjoyed that one the most out of all of tonight's performances. Who'da thunk it?!

Chiefnj2
05-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Kris' version of Heartless was the best performance of the night.

Gokey - boring as usual. Good singing on the Cocker song, but horrible arrangement.

Adam - He away overdid the screeching last night. He really fits Broadway more than being a rock star.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Gokey - boring as usual. Good singing on the Cocker song, but horrible arrangement.

LMAO Boring? That Cocker song was leaps and bounds better than any other performance last night. Danny is one of the best vocalists Idol has discovered. I really hope Adam is gone tonight.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 09:40 AM
LMAO Boring? That Cocker song was leaps and bounds better than any other performance last night. Danny is one of the best vocalists Idol has discovered. I really hope Adam is gone tonight.

I'm convinced you're a 40+ year-old woman or you're just over 65. Guys like Danny perform at the local casino every other weekend.

Kris' performance of "Heartless" was FAR AND AWAY the best of the night. If he gets sent home, it's a horrible crime.

Adam was disappointing last night - I didn't like EITHER song, but he's a shoe-in for the final.

Danny's first song was downright laughable - he should sue Paula for that song choice. And the second song was, ONCE AGAIN, your standard easy listening fare. Boring.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ADAM IS NOT SINGING QUEEN?! Although I LOVE that song from U2, I thought he butchered it. It's way too good of a song to take that many liberties, imo.

And I agree, Kris was amazing. Although I wasn't a fan of Apologize, mainly because I missed the whole background stuff that tends to go with that song.....but I LOVED Heartless. I jsut think he's more real then the others.

And Danny? Ughhhh...I'm starting to actually fast forward through his singing. He lost his passion somewhere.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Heres my take:

Adam: Had an off night. U2 song was halfway ok until he overdid it towards the end. Hated his version of Cryin.

Chris: Best all around of the night. Kids got talent.

Danny: Boring. Nice guy, good voice, but he needs to go.

Adam Vs. Chris. Could go either way. Who knows?

Jilly
05-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Heres my take:

Adam: Had an off night. U2 song was halfway ok until he overdid it towards the end. Hated his version of Cryin.

Chris: Best all around of the night. Kids got talent.

Danny: Boring. Nice guy, good voice, but he needs to go.

Adam Vs. Chris. Could go either way. Who knows?

It's Kris, with a K though..... get it straight.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2009, 09:55 AM
It's Kris, with a K though..... get it straight.

heh, i actually debated in my head before i typed that. Thanks.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 09:55 AM
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ADAM IS NOT SINGING QUEEN?! Although I LOVE that song from U2, I thought he butchered it. It's way too good of a song to take that many liberties, imo.

And I agree, Kris was amazing. Although I wasn't a fan of Apologize, mainly because I missed the whole background stuff that tends to go with that song.....but I LOVED Heartless. I jsut think he's more real then the others.

And Danny? Ughhhh...I'm starting to actually fast forward through his singing. He lost his passion somewhere.

1) Simon chose the U2 song. I love how he gives the contestants shit about being "indulgent".

2) Adam doesn't have the voice for Queen. He doesn't seem to have a good control of the "soft" side of his voice, nor does he seem to have a great falsetto, both of which are required to do it well. He should be singing Skid Row. ROFL

Shag
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM

The Cocker song was probably my least favorite of the night. He sang it fine, but the arrangement was terrible, IMHO.

I actually think Gokey will have the least successful music career of the three. He's got a good voice, but he's just not all that interesting to listen to.

Kris is the most relevant to today's music scene, though I'm not convinced he has the vocal chops to be great. I think he wants to fit into the Mraz/DeGraw/Jack Johnson type of genre, but he pales in comparison to those artists. He's obviously still young and inexperienced, so I would anticipate him getting better over time.

Adam is easily the best pure singer, IMHO, and the most musically creative. He is obviously a bit over the top, and appeals to a niche crowd, but he does what he does extremely well. He's not like anything else out there, which I think benefits him. I think he could be really successful if he can tone it down a bit at times.

I'd like to see Adam and Kris in the finals, but I would bet on Adam and Gokey.

Shag
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
1) Simon chose the U2 song. I love how he gives the contestants shit about being "indulgent".

2) Adam doesn't have the voice for Queen. He doesn't seem to have a good control of the "soft" side of his voice, nor does he seem to have a great falsetto, both of which are required to do it well. He should be singing Skid Row. ROFL

I think Adam would be really good with Queen material. I think the "soft" side of his voice is actually quite good (i.e. "Mad World") - he needs to use it more, IMHO. :shrug:

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM

I think he has a great voice for Queen....That's all I hear, is freddie mercury when he sings.....

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I think he has a great voice for Queen....That's all I hear, is freddie mercury when he sings.....

Freddie Mercury's voice had a full 5 "gears". Adam's really only has 2. He's got range, but not nearly the control. Freddie had qualities to his voice that were almost operatic. Adam is much, much more Broadway.

Have you listened to alot of Queen, or just the popular stuff?

jjjayb
05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I think Adam should've sung this song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDLj7blqtrc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDLj7blqtrc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He does sound just like the guy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZSDKwJIlP4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZSDKwJIlP4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Freddie Mercury's voice had a full 5 "gears". Adam's really only has 2. He's got range, but not nearly the control. Freddie had qualities to his voice that were almost operatic. Adam is much, much more Broadway.

Have you listened to alot of Queen, or just the popular stuff?

I've listened to a lot of Queen....and not just the popular stuff. ALways thought they should do a musical around Queen's music...and lo and behold, they are. But that's another story. And yeah, while Freddie's voice was all of that, I think Adam has more gears then what we see and that's why I wanted to hear him do that song...to know if he really is the talent. Becuase the tone is there.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I've listened to a lot of Queen....and not just the popular stuff. ALways thought they should do a musical around Queen's music...and lo and behold, they are. But that's another story. And yeah, while Freddie's voice was all of that, I think Adam has more gears then what we see and that's why I wanted to hear him do that song...to know if he really is the talent. Becuase the tone is there.

I don't hear the tone at all. I hear an edge on his voice that sounds EXACTLY like Sebastian Bach and alot of the 80's hair metal singers. When he sings in his upper register, that edge is there. He can't get up there without it. And his falsetto isn't strong enough to go the other way.

Freddie had a much cleaner, crisper voice than Adam. He's much better-suited to sing Aerosmith or Led Zepplein, IMO.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't hear the tone at all. I hear an edge on his voice that sounds EXACTLY like Sebastian Bach and alot of the 80's hair metal singers. When he sings in his upper register, that edge is there. He can't get up there without it. And his falsetto isn't strong enough to go the other way.

Freddie had a much cleaner, crisper voice than Adam. He's much better-suited to sing Aerosmith or Led Zepplein, IMO.

I agree, because that's what we've been seeing lately, but I think earlier on, it was there. And I think still could be there, but he put the edge in his voice to try to be "rocker" and not come off so "broadway"ish. Does that make sense? Because I don't think he's that guy...I dont think he's a hairband singer at all....I think he's just trying to make it and molded himself into this person.....to get farther. Thats' why I stopped liking him because I noticed the change.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree, because that's what we've been seeing lately, but I think earlier on, it was there. And I think still could be there, but he put the edge in his voice to try to be "rocker" and not come off so "broadway"ish. Does that make sense? Because I don't think he's that guy...I dont think he's a hairband singer at all....I think he's just trying to make it and molded himself into this person.....to get farther. Thats' why I stopped liking him because I noticed the change.

He was wearing a Metallica T-shirt last night..."Ride The Lightning". I used to have one, and I swear to God, mine didn't have fucking RHINESTONES on it. ROFL

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
BTW, I think part of me arguing this is the whole Queen thing. It's over-done. Every time a guy with range gets on the show, everybody wants to hear Queen. I'd rather hear something different. Too bad Adam picked the copout Zep song, I would have liked to hear "In My Time of Dying" or something off the beaten path.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
He was wearing a Metallica T-shirt last night..."Ride The Lightning". I used to have one, and I swear to God, mine didn't have ****ing RHINESTONES on it. ROFL

right? If you want to be true...wouldn't you just go to the nearest thrift store and buy one? one that has a story?

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
BTW, I think part of me arguing this is the whole Queen thing. It's over-done. Every time a guy with range gets on the show, everybody wants to hear Queen. I'd rather hear something different. Too bad Adam picked the copout Zep song, I would have liked to hear "In My Time of Dying" or something off the beaten path.

I've never wanted to hear anyone else do Queen, because, personally, that shit's hard adn I don't want to hear a bunch of amateurs f-ing it all up. But I actually did want to hear him attempt it....just to see...

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Here's a non-Queen song that I always hoped someone would sing. It's got all the qualities that the people asking for Queen want to hear, and it's one of my my favorites of all-time. Adam could even do it in full make-up. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kJ0T2mbp0

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Here's a non-Queen song that I always hoped someone would sing. It's got all the qualities that the people asking for Queen want to hear, and it's one of my my favorites of all-time. Adam could even do it in full make-up. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kJ0T2mbp0

I haven't watched the vid yet...mainly because.....

are you sending met to a Kiss video?

dirk digler
05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm convinced you're a 40+ year-old woman or you're just over 65. Guys like Danny perform at the local casino every other weekend.

Kris' performance of "Heartless" was FAR AND AWAY the best of the night. If he gets sent home, it's a horrible crime.

Adam was disappointing last night - I didn't like EITHER song, but he's a shoe-in for the final.

Danny's first song was downright laughable - he should sue Paula for that song choice. And the second song was, ONCE AGAIN, your standard easy listening fare. Boring.

I hope it is Danny and Kris in the final and I admit I am not a big fan of Adam at all. He has ruined several songs this year and I don't understand his appeal except for his high note that at this point is way over done. It was cool at first now it is boring and predictable.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I haven't watched the vid yet...mainly because.....

are you sending met to a Kiss video?

Oh no.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I hope it is Danny and Chris in the final and I admit I am not a big fan of Adam at all. He has ruined several songs this year and I don't understand his appeal except for his high note that at this point is way over done. It was cool at first now it is boring and predictable.

As opposed to Danny, who was boring from the very beginning...

Jilly
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh no.

OK, I'm going in....I'm trusting you though.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
oh gawd, that's horrible.

dirk digler
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
As opposed to Danny, who was boring from the very beginning...

I didn't like the song Paula picked for him and his other song was alright. He still is the best pure singer of the bunch

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I didn't like the song Paula picked for him and his other song was alright. He still is the best pure singer of the bunch

Christopher Cross was a good singer too.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 11:11 AM
oh gawd, that's horrible.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give you negative rep for that comment. "Life on Mars" is a classic.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give you negative rep for that comment. "Life on Mars" is a classic.

PLEASE NO!!!!!! How will I ever get it back?

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I wish we could hear Danny sing "When a Man Loves a Woman" so that everybody would see how much he sounds JUST LIKE Michael Bolton.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I wish we could hear Danny sing "When a Man Loves a Woman" so that everybody would see how much he sounds JUST LIKE Michael Bolton.

Oh that's so true! I thought that too a while back!

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately, we won't get to hear any of them sing anything decent next week - the finale is always a chance for Clive Davis to showcase his latest piece of pop-schlock vomit...

dirk digler
05-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Christopher Cross was a good singer too.

He had a few good songs.

I don't know why but I get the feeling Danny is going to go the Christian Music route.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately, we won't get to hear any of them sing anything decent next week - the finale is always a chance for Clive Davis to showcase his latest piece of pop-schlock vomit...

oh bluck, you're right. I forgot about that. I f-ing hate all those songs

Chiefnj2
05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I've never really cared for Kris at all. He doesn't bother me, he doesn't get on my nerves like Gokey. But last night, he was the best performer and earned a shot at the title.

Adam had a bad night. Cryin' was not good. He should have done that Scissor Sisters song and just let loose. His screaming is getting old and overdone.

Gokey is a good singer, but he's boring as hell and has no stage presence whatsoever.

Chiefnj2
05-13-2009, 11:28 AM

I can deal with pop songs. The stuff they have the contestants do is usually horrible.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I've never really cared for Kris at all. He doesn't bother me, he doesn't get on my nerves like Gokey. But last night, he was the best performer and earned a shot at the title.

Adam had a bad night. Cryin' was not good. He should have done that Scissor Sisters song and just let loose. His screaming is getting old and overdone.

Gokey is a good singer, but he's boring as hell and has no stage presence whatsoever.

Kind of the way I feel about it. IMO, the only one that deserves to be in based on last night's performances was Kris. Adam and Danny just weren't "in it to win it".

jjjayb
05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Kind of the way I feel about it. IMO, the only one that deserves to be in based on last night's performances was Kris. Adam and Danny just weren't "in it to win it".

You wouldn't think that listening to the judges. Adam can do no wrong in their eyes.

Chiefnj2
05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
You wouldn't think that listening to the judges. Adam can do no wrong in their eyes.

They even begged people to vote for Adam. "Don't think he's a shoe in. You have to vote for him."

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 12:37 PM

Danny's first song was downright laughable - he should sue Paula for that song choice. And the second song was, ONCE AGAIN, your standard easy listening fare. Boring.I don't care about the songs they sing. I'm talking about singing ability. Danny blows them away in that regard. I don't give a shit that Adam can scream like Sebastian Bach. As much as I love hair bands, this isn't 1987. I'm 38, btw. :D

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't care about the songs they sing. I'm talking about singing ability. Danny blows them away in that regard. I don't give a shit that Adam can scream like Sebastian Bach. As much as I love hair bands, this isn't 1987. I'm 38, btw. :D

Like I said, Michael Bolton could sing, did you like him too? :D

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I hope it is Danny and Kris in the final and I admit I am not a big fan of Adam at all. He has ruined several songs this year and I don't understand his appeal except for his high note that at this point is way over done. It was cool at first now it is boring and predictable.

:clap:

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
As opposed to Danny, who was boring from the very beginning...Who also gets the votes and was never in the bottom 3...

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Christopher Cross was a good singer too.This is, after all, a singing competition. Not an "I can scream my head off like a banshee" competition.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Who also gets the votes and was never in the bottom 3...

Because the largest demographics for Idol are teenage girls and women over 40. :p

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 12:54 PM
This is, after all, a singing competition. Not an "I can scream my head off like a banshee" competition.

Good thing it's not a personality competition. Or a stage presence competition.

Because Danny has neither.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 01:01 PM
They even begged people to vote for Adam. "Don't think he's a shoe in. You have to vote for him."Yes. That was sickening. Kinda like a slap in the face to Kris and Danny. If there is a God in heaven, Adam will be gone.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Yes. That was sickening. Kinda like a slap in the face to Kris and Danny. If there is a God in heaven, Adam will be gone.

Slap in the face to Kris maybe. He was the only one that turned in a "winning" performance last night.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Good thing it's not a personality competition. Or a stage presence competition.

Because Danny has neither.Personality? I don't know the guy. Stage presence, I agree, he does not have. Joe Cocker was a spaz on stage. He sold many records.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Its futile to argue about who is best here. Regardless of who wins, they will all have record deals.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Personality? I don't know the guy. Stage presence, I agree, he does not have. Joe Cocker was a spaz on stage. He sold many records.

I'm sorry but comparing Danny to Joe Cocker is blasphemy. They're at 2 different ends of the spectrum.

Let's put it this way - my mother LOVES Gokey and even she thought last night was bad...

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Its futile to argue about who is best here. Regardless of who wins, they will all have record deals.

I'd rather see Danny win. The other two would be better off not having to sing Clive Davis' crap. It's perfect for Danny.

Jilly
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Danny can suck it.....he was good, but lost his passion somewhere. I hate it when singing isn't authentic

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry but comparing Danny to Joe Cocker is blasphemy. They're at 2 different ends of the spectrum.

Let's put it this way - my mother LOVES Gokey and even she thought last night was bad...I was comparing stage presence. My GF, who is 27, thought his 2nd performance was awesome.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
I was comparing stage presence. My GF, who is 27, thought his 2nd performance was awesome.

Does she prefer Muenster or Cheddar? :)

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
By the way, Joe Cocker had energy and passion - despite being a spaz, he laid his soul out there (along with chunk of his lungs, I think).

Danny doesn't have that. He's mechanical, robotic, he seems like a pre-packaged American Idol action figure. Yes, he's got a great voice, but that's it. And in addition to all that, he's smug.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
The hatred for Danny is LMAO

Jilly
05-13-2009, 01:32 PM

Your love for Danny is LMAO!!!!!!

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM

I don't hate him at all. Just don't understand why people like him. Guys like him perform at the local casino every other weekend. He's got zero star power.

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I will add that I think my dogs hate him after he tried to sing "Dream On" though. ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't hate him at all. Just don't understand why people like him. Guys like him perform at the local casino every other weekend. He's got zero star power.

I have to agree. Hes a good singer. But hes not an entertainer.

Frankie
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
By the way, Joe Cocker had energy and passion - despite being a spaz, he laid his soul out there (along with chunk of his lungs, I think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Dqc25dsug

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
he's smug. LMAO

Chiefnj2
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Belushi & Cocker

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26595054

htismaqe
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
LMAO

Laugh all you want. There's plenty of opinions on the net that say the same thing.

Jilly
05-14-2009, 08:09 AM
CALLED IT! Again. I'm so awesome.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Kris Vs. Adam. Epic showdown.

It could go either way.

Its basically "Bad boy" Vs. "Boy Next Door"

dirk digler
05-14-2009, 08:33 AM

It could go either way.

Its basically "Bad boy" Vs. "Boy Next Door"

This isn't an epic showdown the winner has been pre-ordained for the past month.

Frankie
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM

It could go either way.

No. It's Adam.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
This isn't an epic showdown the winner has been pre-ordained for the past month.

Yeah, because they just anointed him winner even though nobody was voting for him.

They were talking about Danny Gokey in the finals at his AUDITION. ROFL

Jilly
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
No. It's Adam.

I'm not sure about that. Kris is sneaky cute. And I bet there's a great base of people who absolutely adore him. I bet there's a great base of people who despise Adam.

DaKCMan AP
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
CALLED IT! Again. I'm so Awesome.

Like me.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure about that. Kris is sneaky cute. And I bet there's a great base of people who absolutely adore him. I bet there's a great base of people who despise Adam.

Kris has grown on alot of people. Both my wife and mother started out as Danny fans and as of about 3 weeks ago, Kris was their favorite.

dirk digler
05-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, because they just anointed him winner even though nobody was voting for him.

They were talking about Danny Gokey in the finals at his AUDITION. ROFL

Unless you haven't been paying attention they have wanted Adam to win for the last month that is why he closes the show almost every time not to mention Simon said the other day Adam will and should win.

I have nothing against Adam he is a nice guy I actually like all 3 but Chris and Danny were my top 2 favs.

Jilly
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Like me.

True, I try not to say it around you though because, well, I like you to think you're the only one.

Chiefnj2
05-14-2009, 09:18 AM
The question is, are Danny fans likely to go to Kris' camp or Adams? Danny fans were lite-FM types and 35+ year old women who adored his never ending love for his deceased wife. Did you hear his wife died, you might have missed it. I think they may end up with Kris. Adam is somewhat polarizing.

DaKCMan AP
05-14-2009, 09:19 AM
True, I try not to say it around you though because, well, I like you to think you're the only one.

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm consistent. Others have their moments and their genres. But, no matter the genre, no matter the selection, no matter if it's Simon, Randy, Paula or Kara doing the picking - I deliver Awesomeness.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Unless you haven't been paying attention they have wanted Adam to win for the last month that is why he closes the show almost every time not to mention Simon said the other day Adam will and should win.

I have nothing against Adam he is a nice guy I actually like all 3 but Chris and Danny were my top 2 favs.

I've been watching the show since the freaks were on and again, they talked about Danny being in the finals in the first freaking week.

The whole "they want Adam to win so the show is rigged" thing is LAUGHABLE.

htismaqe
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
The question is, are Danny fans likely to go to Kris' camp or Adams? Danny fans were lite-FM types and 35+ year old women who adored his never ending love for his deceased wife. Did you hear his wife died, you might have missed it. I think they may end up with Kris. Adam is somewhat polarizing.

Yep.

Chiefnj2
05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I've been watching the show since the freaks were on and again, they talked about Danny being in the finals in the first freaking week.

They want Adam to win. They were begging people to vote for him two nights ago. Simon doesn't usually pander like that.

dirk digler
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM

I am not disagreeing about them wanting Danny in the finals but remember Paula said back in the beginning Adam would be in the finals as well.

dirk digler
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
They want Adam to win. They were begging people to vote for him two nights ago. Simon doesn't usually pander like that.

Yep. It is so obvious it is not even funny.