PDA

View Full Version : RIP Logical (Jim)

Pages : [1] 2

Son of Logical
04-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

He is my father, and a great man.

Thank You,

James

Update: My father passed away this morning at 7:30 am (pst). For the most part it was peaceful, my sisters and I were there with him to last second. He will be missed.

My sister read him many of your replies, and she told me he really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your kind words.

Coach
04-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I pray for the best....

Buck
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Prayers go out to you, he, and the rest of your family.

Brock
04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this. I gave Jim a ton of shit over the years, but I do pray he gets better.

Donger
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Give Logical my best, and to you as well.

talastan
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Prayers are on the way my friend

RJ
04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Thank you for posting. I'm sure that was hard. I've never been much for prayer but I will pray for your dad. God bless all of you.

BTW, your dad has meant a lot to this board. He is missed.

The Franchise
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Damn....I feel for you and your family. Thoughts and prayers your way.

DeezNutz
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
All best to you and your family.

I always enjoyed the interactions that I had with Logical on this board.

I'm hoping for the best...

RealSNR
Man, it's hard to believe we will see the passing of two members in the same year (Buster's Dad and now Logical)

I pray you and your family find peace. And of course, my best wishes go out to Jim and his remaining time.

Archie Bunker
You all are in my prayers. Jim has always been one of the posters I've respected the most, I sincerely hope things turn around.

bogey
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
James,
I have said a prayer for your family. I have always enjoyed what Logical brought to this board. I'm sorry for his ill-health and I'm sorry for you and your sister. I hope he's not suffering.

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry. If you can, let your father know that I, and a lot of people, are better off for having met him in any form.

This... I'm flabbergasted.

KCFalcon59
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Many prayers to Jim and the family. God Bless!

luv
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow. That's tough news. Sending good thoughts your way and best wishes to him for the time he has left.

Iowanian
04-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

I know he liked to stir things up, but I liked him the couple of times we had the chance to meet in person. I'm glad he was able to make peace with his maker. Peace to you and your family.

morphius
04-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear that about your Dad, I regret never getting to meet him in person. I'll be praying for the best as well.

Fish
04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Prayers to you and your family.

dirk digler
Man that is really sad news. I was lucky to meet him once and he was a really good guy and I always respected him as a person and as a friend.

I will be praying for Jim and your family and hope for the best.

vailpass
All my best to you and your father.
vailpass

Katipan
I don't really know what comforting words to say so I'll just add my voice to the already loud board full of people that loved him.

Demonpenz
04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Maybe we could string together a best of posts for him. I still hope he gets better

Otter
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear. Keep your head up and stay tough. Jim's a good man.

Amnorix
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I am very, very sorry to hear this. Jim added a hell of a lot to this board with his wit, intelligence and ability to rile up the masses!

Best of luck to him and to you and your entire family. We'll continue to pray that he returns to give everyone more trouble than they can handle once again.

Radar Chief
04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I am truly sorry to read that.
I’ve always thought of Jim as a great person and have sought his advice a couple of times off the board for various personal issues because I valued his opinion.

Simplex3
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
It isn't over yet, but don't leave anything unsaid just in case.

Best wishes to all of you.

doomy3
04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
This is hard to read and I'm sure it was unbelievably hard to type. God bless Jim and your entire family, and I'll pray for the best.

WilliamTheIrish
Jim,

May the Lord keep you in his hand... And never close his fist too tight.

Travel well, friend.

Dartgod
Wow. That sucks. I'll pray for his and your family's comfort.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello All,

As many of you know my Dad (Logical) has been in the hospital since January. He has been fighting a bunch of different problems, and it looked like he was going to beat it, and make it home. Unfortunately, in the past week things took a real turn for the worse. It is my understanding that he has at most two weeks left, but from what I can see myself, it probably won't be that long.

I know he really valued this board and a lot of the people on it. I wanted you all to know that he may of been a person that liked to stir things up, but he is one of the most caring people that this world has ever had to offer. He helped raise my sisters and I to be strong, loving, and intelligent people.

In these past few months, he has again found the Lord, and I strongly believe it is simply God calling him home. Please remember him for the good times, and do not judge him to harshly for the times he gave any of you heck.

Thank You,

James

The next time you see your father please tell him this board valued him as much as he valued it. I tell you with all sincerity that he will be dearly missed.

sparkky
04-29-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Give Logical my best, and to you as well.

agreed.

jAZ
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Jim and I battled over the years and at one time he was my least favorite poster on here. In the last few years, I saw a change in him that I think allowed us to know more of the wonderful person that you and your family surely knew well. He went from being one of my least favorite people here to one of my most favorite.

I'm sad to hear what is not unexpected news. It has been a loss to this community to have Jim away. I can't imagine the pain you are dealing with, but I am glad that you are your family appear to be well suited to cope with the grief of your (and our) impending loss.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Valiant
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Wow that really sucks.. Prayers to you and your family..

seclark
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
thoughts and prayers for logical and family.
sec

Dave Lane
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear it Jim was one of the most thoughtful and intellectual posters on this board. He will be missed. I hope for a full recovery or a quick and easy passing. Good luck my friend either way.

alpha_omega
04-29-2009, 03:07 PM

keg in kc
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
God bless, Jim. I will always count you a friend. May your eyes witness wonders, your mind open to mysteries and your soul find peace and contentment.

Buehler445
Wow. Bad news. That's really tough. I know I never met him, but I did have a lot of respect for him because of his posts.

I wish Jim and all of your family all the best. Hopefully he isn't in too much pain. I will send up a prayer for him and your family.

All of us appreciate the updates
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover
Thank you for letting us know about your father's status.

He was one of my favorite posters and I'm glad I had the chance to meet his at a game a few years ago. My thoughts and prayers and with him and the family.

Hoover

J Diddy
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Holy cow. This is horrible. I wish you and your family best wishes, prayer and comfort. May God be with you.

Phobia
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Frankly, I'm surprised the old fart has hung on for as long as he has. I saw him at Arrowhead his last trip out and he looked awful (sorry Jim, you know it's true).

For those of you who don't know, this site would not have existed without Jim for a couple of different reasons:
1. He was one of the founding members and added plenty of interest to the site.
2. He supported this place financially more than anybody knows. I'll bet he gave $1 for every $2 given by everybody else combined.

I've been on both sides with Jim and even when he frustrated me I've always had plenty of respect for the man. Me and mine have been praying for weeks and I'll pray that if now is his time that he will go peacefully and painlessly.

Thank you for the update, Junior.

oldandslow
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Let me add my voice to those hoping for the best. A prayer will be sent your way this evening.

HolmeZz
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Very sad. ):

One of the posters I respected most on this site. My best goes to Jim and everyone close to him.

kregger
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
James,
Thank you for posting this update. I'm sorry to hear about Jim. I wish him a peaceful end to his days and I send my sympathies to you and the rest of the family.
Jim was the first poster to teach me the ways of the Planet and I will never forget him for that reason alone. I will miss his insightful banter and football knowledge. Peace

Deberg_1990
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow.

Sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

CrazyPhuD
04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Thoughts to you and your family. May miracles still happen.

shakesthecat
04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Very sorry to hear this.

Having met Jim briefly years ago, it was obvious he is a kind and decent man, and will surely be missed.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
man,best wishes to your family during this period

big nasty kcnut
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Praying for you. Jim is and alway be a great man may he find peace.
Posted via Mobile Device

TrebMaxx
04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Prayers are on the way.

Frankie
04-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Logical and I went from the worst of CP enemies (due to a mutual misunderstanding) to the best of friends. I have never met him face to face but I have wanted to. I deeply hope there's a miracle in the works. If not I hope I will get to be buddies with him in the beyond.

I don't know if this is appropriate or not, James, but if you think it is, please post a photo of your dad for those of us who have not met him in person. And I would ask a mod to put it up in the Chiefs Planet header for a year.

Wishing you, your family, and most of all your dad great strength. Tell him Frankie wants him to fight on and beat this.

Jenson71
04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
God Bless, Jim. Good of you for fighting.

Al Czervik
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Prayers being sent to Jim and his family....

Jilly
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
We will all be praying or sending blessings...however we do that. I pray for peace for you, your family, and Logical. Since you're a person of faith, know he isn't and never will be alone and the same goes for you.

Reaper16
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
:(

Adept Havelock
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Please let Logical know that his former Vice Presidential candidate sends his best wishes, and to you as well.

HemiEd
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Best wishes and prayers to you and the family. We hope he pulls through and is back on here stirring things up. Thanks for the update Junior, hang tough.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Damn. Imagine the turmoil the board would be in if we had elected him CP president.

This is just awful news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

CrazyHorse
04-29-2009, 03:34 PM
As I fight my owm battles with health, I understand what it is to come to terms with your life, what it means, and what you wanted to leave as your legacy.

My wish is that he is comfortable physically, mentally, and that he found satisfaction.

If he's anything like me, I know that in his mind he wants to be remembered healthy. Not sick. When you remember him, try to remember when he was his strongest, and what he represented at that time in his life. It may just be the gretaest gift you can give to a man.

God bless, Jim.

kc rush
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to Jim and your entire family.

38yrsfan
04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear .... is there anything anyone can do? something from the board that would be meaningful to him?

Jmart
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Very good guy. Hoping for the best.

Cannibal
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Logical is probably my favorite poster on this board and he's a really good guy. Please accept my humble sentiments wishing him the best and hoping that he will pull through this situation.

joesomebody
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
God bless. I wish you and yours nothing but the best.

stevieray
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Good ol Vlad...one of the orignals at the Star, ond one of the oriiginals and cornerstones of the planet...funny, witty, intelligent, logical and honorable.. a man of conviction, fortitude and principle.. a great debater, an awesome contrarion and a top notch pot stirrer. not afraid to go against and with the grain, depending on the circumstances..would pile on then turn around and stand shoulder to shoulder with meme against all takers...

He could be proud, arrogant and abrasive...we would tease him about his wealth, but he could back it up and he had reason to be proud.. a beautiful home, a successful career and his children..he shined when talking about his kids, the emotion would come through, even though it was through a somewhat impersonal medium..

He was a giver, and he cared....always the first to donate to Kyle, always the first to write a check to 37Forever... even though work wouldn't permit his atrendance, I truly know he wanted to be there.. He made it out to the first planet tailgate..I remember being surprised how tall he was ..I'm glad I got a pic of us togehter...the last time you could tell he wasn't feeling well...but there he was, travleing while sick just to meet and hang with the planet...

He called me a few years ago, saw something in a post that concerned him..just to see if everything was ok...I'll never forget that as long as I live...we agreed and disagreed on many things, but he made me think and he defintely kept me on my toes...hell..all of us..I miss and will miss him very much. I'm fortunate and blessed to call him my friend

May God Bless you and keep you and your family Jimbo. Welcome home my friend. Welcome home.

AZChief
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your father's condition and pray for a speedy recovery.

When I lost my father, the outpouring from the Notre Dame Football message board (where he was a "regular") was amazing and really helped my family get through a trying time.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours...

D

Hydrae
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Jim was (is) one of my favorite posters. Be sure to let him know he will be missed around here.

Thanks for letting us know the situation. Don't be a stranger yourself!

kstater
04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow. Thoughts and prayers to Logical and his family.

Mr. Krab
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
So sorry. :deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
He gave me my first neg rep,he'll always be remembered by the people of Chiefs Planet. This is sad anytime we lose a member of the community. Feels like you're losing a member of your own family. May God be with you Vlad.

RNR
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

Stewie
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Prayers your way.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
This is the last thing your Dad said to me "Happy Thanksgiving to one of the nicest Raider fans I sort of know" I took that as a compliment :). I have always got along with your Dad and hope he beats the odds. If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

He'll be the charter member.

KC Dan
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I had the extreme pleasure to meet and spend some time talking to your dad. He is a good man and I spread my prayers and good thoughts to you, your dad and your entire family.

Joie
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Prayers are sent. Please give him our love. Your Dad is one of the most respected members of this site.

JOhn
04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm deeply sorry to hear this. Not really sure what to say, kind of stunned. I know I miss him every time I post here. Always there to poke a jab at me or anyone when he thought we needed it, or even when we didn't. Some of the best conversations I have ever had were with him and the other "Nite Crew".

I never got to meet Jim, but he is the one I most wanted to meet in person. I talked to him once on the phone, when my daughter was ill, and I'll never forget his kindness. Several times when I have had troubles or whatever, Jim was always the first to express concern and offer advice etc.

You will be in my prayers, and may you find peace.

mlyonsd
04-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Very sad news. Prayers to the entire family.

Frankie
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
If they ever start a Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame he will be in it!

That's for sure.

2bikemike
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear this. I only met your dad once at a game in San Diego in fact I believe your were there as well. I found him to be a cool dude and had trouble believing he was the same guy postiing on here. I always enjoyed Jim's take on things and have and will miss reading his posts.

My prayers are with Jim and your family.

PastorMikH
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Prayers going up again for you Jim. IMO, you've been one of the Planet greats!

Skip Towne
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear this. Our prayers go to your family.

NUMBER7
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
So sorry to hear the news about your father...glad he has again found the Lord. I am praying for Jim you and your family. Take care.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2009, 04:49 PM
James, it ain't over until it's over. Regardless, you have my deep condolensces.

Despite whatever banter may occur on this board, I think I speak for some others who, having the privilege of meeting your father...understand what a good man he's been. Cognitive dissonance is an under-valued resource in life, and has therapeutic value to like-minded folks who are energized by intellectual stimulation. Jim has brought much to this board, and if the Lord is indeed calling him home...he will be greatly missed.

Please express our gratitude to him if you are able. God bless Jim, you James, and your families in this sad time. :(

Earthling
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Tiatanman...I am so sorry to hear that Jim, your father, is so ill. I have enjoyed his banter for years, both here and on the old Star message board. He was always sincere and spoke his heart, even when it went against general consensus, and I admire him greatly. Tell him hello and God bless from Old Codger...(My old alias)

1ChiefsDan
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
prayers for you and your family
Posted via Mobile Device

chop
04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
My prayers go out to you, him, and your family. I am happy to hear that he has found his way back to the Lord.

I lurk more than I post but I have been around here from the beginning so I have been able to read many of his posts. I didn't always agree with his position on stuff but I respected him as a member of this board. I am sorry to see him go.

SDChiefs
04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Sorry again to hear about your dad bro. He is in my prayers as always. Call me if you need anything.

Bowser
04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Jim twice. He was a very kind man.

Prayers and well wishes for you and yours, James.

ChiefsFanatic
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow. Bad news. That's really tough. I know I never met him, but I did have a lot of respect for him because of his posts.

I wish Jim and all of your family all the best. Hopefully he isn't in too much pain. I will send up a prayer for him and your family.

This

cdcox
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm very sad to hear this. Yes, Jim like to stir things up, but posters like him keep the board interesting. And his strength and kindness were never hidden by his hijinks.

I pray that the Lord grant peace to Jim, James and the rest of the family at this difficult time.

old_geezer
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
I go back a long ways with your dad also. He and I used to battle Denise (Meme) on a daily basis on the old Pigskin Park BB and then on to this BB. We didn't always agree on politics or personal matters but we always respected each others' viewpoint and I'm now a better person because I got to know him. My prayers go out to you and the family. He's a good man and he will be missed by many.

Nzoner
04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I think I speak for some others who, having the privilege of meeting your father...understand what a good man he's been.

Absolutely,our first year of hosting the fundraiser/bash he was very generous in sending a donation for our 37 Forever swim program even though he couldn't be present.I did thankfully have the opportunity to meet him the following year at the game during fundraiser weekend and he was quite enjoyable to visit with.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

KcFanInGA
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Prayers to you and family. God calls a lot of people, be thankful your dad heard him.

the Talking Can
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I like Jim a lot.

Tell him to get well.

htismaqe
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
One of the Star BB true originals. The board is losing a great member, but more importantly the world is losing a great man.

Bugeater
04-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear that James, he will be sorely missed.

Groves
04-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry about your Dad, James. Suffering is never easy. We'll get to hang out forever after this whole "fallen creation" thing is rectified. I'll get to know him there.

patteeu
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Logical, you've been a great member of this message board and I've enjoyed interacting with you for the past several years. Chiefsplanet will be diminished without you around and I'll miss you. Thanks for the good times, friend.

http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2052_teary_eyed.gif

Cormac
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
This is awful news, James. All the best to you, Logical and your family. You get an impression of people on here, and almost always it's incorrect. Your father created a lot of debate on here and was an important part of this community.

boogblaster
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry for u'll ... I really didn't know Logical but liked his input ... Hopefully he'll pull it out ... My prayers BOOG .....

mlyonsd
04-29-2009, 08:32 PM
What I knew of Jim is he would always keep you honest. I hope the legacy is passed onto his family.

The Bad Guy
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Jim was always one of my favorite posters around here. For some reason, he never thought I liked him, but nothing was further from the truth. He could debate with the best of them, but also provide great advice if you needed it.

If this is his time, I will certainly miss him. May God bless him and his entire family.

DaFace
04-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow...that's a kick to the nuts. So sorry to hear this James. Keep hoping for a miracle. You're in my thoughts.

Oh, and I've changed his name back to "Logical" for posterity in case any of you are hunting for his profile.

Crush
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Prayers all around. I never knew Logical personally, but I enjoyed his posts over the years. I wish the best for his family and will keep him in my prayers.

splatbass
04-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this. Jim is a good man, and he will be missed around here. Over the years we had our disagreements, but in the last year or so we agreed more often than we disagreed. Either way I always respected his opinion.

tk13
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Best of luck to you and your family. Very sad. I've always enjoyed reading his posts for the better part of a decade, and like Phobia said, I always got the feeling he played a huge part in keeping this place financially afloat.

Al Bundy
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
The next time you see your father please tell him this board valued him as much as he valued it. I tell you with all sincerity that he will be dearly missed.

Flop said it all right there.
Posted via Mobile Device

MadMax
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Hello All,

Thank You,

James

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, my family's heart and prayers go out to you an yours. God Bless You....

Simply Red
:(Jim, I love you man, no matter what, pls. stay strong! I'm praying.

-SR:(

wazu
Prayers your way, Jim.

Titanman -

I'm sure you don't remember, but we met years ago at a Chiefs game in San Diego, where I was organizing a tailgate. I had been scrapping with your dad on the Planet for awhile, but he reached out and wanted to stop by anyway, and I was glad he (and you) did. You are right that he was very nice in person. Your note that he has found the Lord is terrific news.

Sure-Oz
04-29-2009, 10:46 PM
My prayers are with you and the family, this is pretty sad to hear, but i am hoping you all enjoy the time that is left and really i don't know what else to say. God Bless

greg63
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
God Bless Jim and all you, James! Thoughts and prayers for you all.

jlscorpio
04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
So sorry to hear this. Though I'm a man of few posts, Ive been a member for about 6 yrs. Logical is truly one of the names synonymous with this place. Gr8 news that he has made his peace. It's not the same without him. God Bless your family.

Rain Man
04-30-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm really sorry to hear this. Good luck to you, Logical.

Slainte
04-30-2009, 01:22 AM
My thoughts and best wishes go out to Jim & his family...

Coach
04-30-2009, 05:02 AM
I hope you don't mind, but I had the luxury of meeting the man, even if it was just for a temporarly time, I still enjoyed talking to him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/October%2016%202006/P1010028.jpg

Stevie with Jim, and I was the one with the sunglasses with the red/white cap on the right, talking to him.

Coach
04-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Absolutely,our first year of hosting the fundraiser/bash he was very generous in sending a donation for our 37 Forever swim program even though he couldn't be present.I did thankfully have the opportunity to meet him the following year at the game during fundraiser weekend and he was quite enjoyable to visit with.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Dammit! Beaten to the punch on the picture. :cuss: ;)

Herzig
04-30-2009, 05:41 AM
I hope you don't mind, but I had the luxury of meeting the man, even if it was just for a temporarly time, I still enjoyed talking to him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/October%2016%202006/P1010028.jpg

Stevie with Jim, and I was the one with the sunglasses with the red/white cap on the right, talking to him.

Yeah...this was the Redskins/Chiefs game a couple of years ago. I briefly met him and shook his hand.

May God bless him, hold, and keep him.

Braincase
04-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Prayers for Logical & his family.

cookster50
04-30-2009, 06:34 AM
Enjoy the time you have left with your father, though I'm sure you already know to do that. And one piece of good news, he got to see the dethroning of King Carl!

FAX
04-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Words can't really express how this news affects me. I'm very sorry to hear this. Terribly sorry. Based on his absence and the information Mr. Logical shared with me in the past regarding his health conditions, I had a feeling something was wrong. I'm shocked and stunned.

I never met Mr. Logical in person, but so far as one board member can consider another a friend, I certainly think of him that way. My condolences to the family and my very best wishes to Mr. Logical. I am most happy that he made peace with God and am certain that he will be welcomed by the Maker with open arms should that time come.

And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

FAX

bringbackmarty
04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Wow, God's speed Jim. Best wishes to your family in this really tough time. We have some hella-fied prayer rep coming you guys' way.

You helped make this place what it is today, and this thread is proof of how special a place it can be from time to time.

God bless, you will be missed.

Chiefnj2
04-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm glad to hear that Jim is at peace and has a supportive and loving family around him during his time of need. I'm saddened to read that his health has taken a turn for the worse, but the Jim we've all come to know on the Planet seems to be a stubborn old cuss and a fighter. I wouldn't be surprised to read, and I hope and wish, that he bounces back. Best of luck Jim/Vlad/Logical/Cronus.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow. Thanks James. Abundant prayers.

milkman
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Jim is already sorely missed around here.

I'll keep him in my thoughts.

memyselfI
04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
James, thank you for the post. I am heartbroken to hear this (thank you, Frankie, for giving me the heads up) and for once in my life have no words to express how I feel about a situation.

Jim will laugh at the idea of me being speechless. All of you are in my prayers.

SBK
04-30-2009, 02:46 PM
It's sad to hear this, may God bless you, keep you, and cause His face to shine upon you.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
James, it was very evident to me that your father is a warm and caring man. I value his friendship greatly and wish you all strength from above through this difficult time.

May God bless you all.

dirk digler
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Once again I am very sorry and I hope he has peace now. I will miss him very much and prayers go out to you and your family.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2009, 03:39 PM
It's a sad day at Chiefsplanet. I'd like to propose putting Jim's picture up on the header for a period of time with the family's permission of course. RIP Jim. You were a helluva guy.

Buck
04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
RIP Jim.

You'll be sorely missed.

04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
RIP Jim. You will be missed. Prayers to the family.

bogey
04-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I've said this before to others, he'll visit you in your dreams. When he does, enjoy it. RIP Logical, visit your family.

KCFalcon59
04-30-2009, 04:01 PM
RIP Jim. :( My prayers go out to the family.

Fritz88
04-30-2009, 04:02 PM

kcxiv
04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
RIP man, dunno what else to say really, but paying my respects. Good to hear you at least went out peacefully.

the Talking Can
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
wow....damn

Archie F. Swin
04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
speechless :sulk:

FAX
04-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Rest In Peace, Mr. Logical.

Tonight, I shall raise a glass in your honor. I'm certain that God is already welcoming you home.

FAX

stevieray
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Rest In Peace, Mr. Logical.

Tonight, I shall raise a glass in your honor. I'm certain that God is already welcoming you home.

FAX

absolutely...and I encourage everyone else to raise a glass tonight for Mr.Jim Reynolds...

God Bless

KC Dan
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
absolutely...and I encourage everyone else to raise a glass tonight for Mr.Jim Reynolds...

God Bless
Absolutely! Count on my glass raised!!! The world is now less one great man. Very sad day...

Zebedee DuBois
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Rest in peace, Jim

Stewie
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Rain Man
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I salute a person I considered a friend.

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20061228/450_ap_ford1_0612228.jpg

irishjayhawk
04-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow, terribly sorry.

My thoughts go out to him, you and your family.

CrazyPhuD
04-30-2009, 04:49 PM
RIP Jim :(

DaFace
04-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Well crap. Sorry to hear James, and RIP Jim. We'll miss you.

kc rush
04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
RIP Logical.

Reaper16
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Rest In Peace, Logical/Vlad Logicslav/Cronus/Jim/kind, intelligent man. You'll be missed.

Good thoughts for you and your family, James. Thank you for keeping us informed throughout this difficult process.

ChiefsFanatic
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Rest in peace, Jim

This...........

I feel sick to my stomach.

wild1
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Didn't know the man, but it's obvious he made an impression on everyone he met here. I'm sorry for your loss, everyone.

WilliamTheIrish
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Good bye my friend. My hope is that these last few months were not days of suffering but days of reflection on a life lived well.

May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And heaven accept you.

All the best to your family, Jim.

BillTheBlarneyStone

TrebMaxx
04-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Rest in Peace, Logical. Condolences to your family James.

Iowanian
04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
My condolences for your families loss.

Dallas Chief
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
RIP Logical. I never met the man but only knew him from the antics around here. His take on things was always very original to say the least. I'll be praying for you and your family... Peace.

kstater
04-30-2009, 05:31 PM
RIP Logical/Jim

XXXshogunXXX
04-30-2009, 05:31 PM
RIP Logical/Jim. I remember he stuck up for me being a fellow San Diegan years ago. A great guy.

My condolences..

Joie
04-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad will be missed around here.

Chieftain58
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.. My prayers go out to you and your family

J Diddy
04-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Jim already been missed in his absence from the board. Rest in Peace Jim.

I hope comfort finds your family during their difficult times.

R&GHomer
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. Prayers up for your family.

Buck
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
How about we rename the Lounge Logical's Lounge for a little while as a tribute?

Adept Havelock
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
RIP, Jim. You'll be missed.

How about we rename the Lounge Logical's Lounge for a little while as a tribute?

Seconded.

ExtremeChief
04-30-2009, 05:58 PM
New Jim personally. Rest in Peace my friend.

KCTitus
04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow...Im shocked and saddened. See you on the other side, Jim...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-30-2009, 06:05 PM
I only met Jim once and we didn't talk a lot on here but he was certainly a major part of the board. It's hard to believe, he was just here not long ago. God bless you and your family as you go through this together James.

RIP Logical.

cdcox
04-30-2009, 06:15 PM
James, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

"Death has been swallowed up in victory:

'Where, O death is your victory?

Where, O death is your sting?'

The sting of death is sin, and power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. "

+ RIP, Jim +

old_geezer
04-30-2009, 06:20 PM
May God bless and keep you; May He comfort your family in this time of sadness. I believe Jim is looking down on this BB now and feeling a touch of pride at the lives he touched and influenced. You will be missed.

Bugeater
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the loss James. This is indeed a sad day for the Planet. :(

big nasty kcnut
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Dang it we lost another. Rip jim you and my mom in heaven talking about me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jethopper
04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
My prayers are with you. You didn't really lose him if you know where he is at.

doomy3
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM
RIP Jim. You'll be missed around here

headsnap
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
James, I know what you are going through, I lost my Dad to a massive stroke less than a month ago, on April 4th...

The sadness is there and the tears will come and most often when you don't expect it. You will mourn the loss of your Father, but also look to him and his life for inspiration. Think back on the memories and cherish those times you had together, he is a part of you...

RIP Jim(you will forever be Logical to me) you will be missed...

Braincase
04-30-2009, 07:05 PM
RIP Logical. It won't be the same here without you.

chiefforlife
04-30-2009, 07:07 PM
God Bless.

DeezNutz
04-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Sad day for the Planet.

You will be missed, Logical, but I know you're in a better place.

morphius
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Disappointing news, rest in piece Jim. Our prayers to you and your family James, and thank your sister for reading him our replies.

Otter
04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry.

I don't know what to say so I'll just shut up, remember Jim and keep his passing in my prayers.

See you on the flip side Jimmy. wow

luv
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
RIP

You'll be missed.

Welcome home.

RINGLEADER
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Prayers to you and your family...

Deberg_1990
04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
RIP Jim. I just noticed the thread has been updated.

You will be missed.

booger
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
RIP Jim.

Prayers to all his friends and family

Saulbadguy
04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
RIP.

Al Bundy
04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
RIP Jim.

Archie F. Swin
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I hope that this doesn't seem insensitive, but I was not aware that Jim was ill. Seeing as how I've been around here for 9 years, I'll assume other may not be aware of what caused his untimely decline. Just for the sake of awareness, could someone elaborate on his illness?

This comes as a complete shock to me....I'm sad that I neglected to notice his inactivity. :(

Simply Red
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
tear.

Simply Red
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
God has you now, CRONUS.

Love you.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
RIP. Prayers to his family.

RNR
04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I never met your father James and it is strange to feel sadness over someone I have never met. That said he is one of the first people I talked to when I first posted here years ago. I enjoyed the time I spent with him and considered him a friend. I would guess Lamar Hunt is getting a ear full tonight! My prayers are with all those who loved him.

redfan
04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
RIP

Crush
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
RIP. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

stevieray
04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkI0WE4Aps

:toast:

DaFace
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope that this doesn't seem insensitive, but I was not aware that Jim was ill. Seeing as how I've been around here for 9 years, I'll assume other may not be aware of what caused his untimely decline. Just for the sake of awareness, could someone elaborate on his illness?

This comes as a complete shock to me....I'm sad that I neglected to notice his inactivity. :(

I'm not sure the full story has ever been divulged. James hinted at an infection of sorts back in this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205364

teedubya
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Logical and I loved to give each other a hard time. I know it brought joy to his life. I will miss you fucker. You rocked man. Much love and respect.

PastorMikH
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Condolences to you and your family. I will miss your dad. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

(We've lost two long-time Planeteers in a month's time, this stinks!)

Mr. Kotter
04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Please accept my heartfelt condolences, James. Your dad was a good man. He will be missed. His presence here, and his contributions to this board and community will mean more than you or he will ever know. I'm embarrassed to admit it took this, for me to realize how much this place has meant to me--and how much I have yet to learn about life. God bless you and your family, James. And Godspeed to your father.

RIP, Logical. :(

BigRedChief
04-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear about Jim. I've had the pleasure to share some tailgating and Chief games together with him. He will be missed.

SCChief
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
You have my prayers and condolences. Jim was one of the greats on this board. He will be sorely missed.

tk13
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
RIP Logical. A very sad day.

Phobia
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure the full story has ever been divulged. James hinted at an infection of sorts back in this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205364

He straight up told me that he was on dialysis several years ago. Don't know the cause but he was sick for a long time even though he didn't like to show that weakness here on the board. He like to be invincible out there and I know this place provided him a ton of enjoyment.

RIP Jim. I miss you, bud.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-30-2009, 10:14 PM
God bless all of you, titan. It's not goodbye, it's until next time, whether it's sooner or later, you'll see you dad again. He was a great guy, I've known him since I've been on this BB. I haven't gotten to talk to him in awhile, him not being on as much and me either. He's in a better place now.

My prayers are with all of you.

Cody

Chiefs=Champions
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
So, So sorry for your loss.. RIP JIM.

Bwana
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow, very sad news. I always enjoyed talking to Jim on here. He will be missed.

RIP Jim. My prayers go out to the family.

HolyHandgernade
04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
My sincere condolences to you and your family, I always felt like Jim was somewhat of a kindred soul.

-HH

talastan
04-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. RIP my friend and thanks for the great friendship you brought to those of us here on the Planet. Godspeed.:clap:

memyselfI
04-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I feel like I've lost a friend and I never actually met the guy though I spent many years arguing with him and pulling my hair out over hm. There will never be another like him.

Jim helped build this community. The lounge name should be changed in his honor. Perhaps we can think of a more permanent way to honor him.

My sincerest condolences to your family. Know that we all cry with you but will enjoy the memories we had of him. Thanks for sharing him with us.

luv
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I feel like I've lost a friend and I never actually met the guy though I spent many years arguing with him and pulling my hair out over hm. There will never be another like him.

Jim helped build this community. The lounge name should be changed in his honor. Perhaps we can think of a more permanent way to honor him.

My sincerest condolences to your family. Know that we all cry with you but will enjoy the memories we had of him. Thanks for sharing him with us.

How about a "Best of Logical" thread? Everyone can quote some of their favorite posts/threads of his. Then we can put it in the Hall of Classics.

philfree
04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
A Chiefs Planet original. God Bless you Jim. God Bless Jim's Loved Ones.

PhilFree:arrow:

memyselfI
04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
How about a "Best of Logical" thread? Everyone can quote some of their favorite posts/threads of his. Then we can put it in the Hall of Classics.

I luv it. Wonderful suggestion. It will probably rival the girlie thread in posts because he had so much wisdom and frustration to share. I know I won't be the only one missing that.

Sure-Oz
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
RIP Logical :(

58-4ever
04-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Jim had quite a personality. The world is certainly a worse place without him.

carlos3652
04-30-2009, 11:02 PM
RIP Logical - you will be missed.

RealSNR
04-30-2009, 11:02 PM
He was one of the first guys to make me feel welcome when I first joined here. I think we all too often forget that there are actual people behind these names. People with families, stories to tell, and wisdom to share. Jim certainly had plenty of it, and in a community like this, it showed from his postings more than most.

RIP, Jim. You will be missed.

luv
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Despite bitter early battles, I grew to like Logical over time and considered him one of my favorite planeteers by the end. I will dearly miss him.

JOhn
04-30-2009, 11:28 PM
RIP Jim, you will be missed by so many of us here.

I know I've lost a great friend. Though we never got to meet, the conversations we had on here will be cherished memories that I can always look back on fondly. I know that along with the others who settled the planet in the early days, you were one of our founding fathers, and helped make this place what it is today. I for one know I'm a better person for having known you. God bless you & your family.

alanm
05-01-2009, 01:08 AM
James, I'm truly sorry for your loss. Jim was a well respected member of our little football board and he will be missed by me and all members who thought fondly of him.

RIP Jim.

alanm
05-01-2009, 01:14 AM
It's a sad day at Chiefsplanet. I'd like to propose putting Jim's picture up on the header for a period of time with the family's permission of course. RIP Jim. You were a helluva guy.Now that's a fine idea. I don't see why we couldn't. It would be fitting to honor Jim in that fashion. :thumb:

CrazyHorse
05-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Miss Me - But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rights in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free.

Miss me a little, but not too long,
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.

When we are lonely and sick at heart,
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Awe man, my true condolences for your loss your Dad (Jim, Logical,Cronus) was a cool cat. Really, best wishes trying to cope through this great loss of yours and your family in general.

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Late to the thread, but I feel strangely obligated to do this... Flame on.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYmxg7bMHow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYmxg7bMHow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigOlChiefsfan
05-01-2009, 02:41 AM
RIP Jim

chasedude
05-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I havn't been on the planet in days and I see this.

I seem to express my feelings better through music.

RIP Jim

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lBWY3bli92Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

acesn8s
05-01-2009, 03:33 AM
That's ... it's not... damn.

Our condolences. God bless you and your family.

acesn8s and joie

Coach
05-01-2009, 03:41 AM

God Bless

Done.

Godspeed, Jim.

Coach
05-01-2009, 03:43 AM
RIP, Jim. You'll be missed.

Seconded.

Thirded.

acesn8s
05-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Can we rename the Lounge?

The Logical forum

KC Jones
05-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss James. My best to you and all of Jim's family.

patteeu
05-01-2009, 05:47 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_sHcVqN-NIo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_sHcVqN-NIo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wilas101
05-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Sorry to hear this. :(

BigRedChief
05-01-2009, 06:10 AM
I third this nomination.

SCChief
05-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I third this nomination.

Ditto

Chiefnj2
05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Sorry for your loss James.

Rest in peace Jim.

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2009, 07:19 AM
My thoughts are with you all. Rest in peace, Jim.

alpha_omega
05-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Rest in Peace Logical!
You will be missed by many.

Chief Henry
05-01-2009, 07:49 AM
He was a good poster for sure. I'm sure the family wil miss him greatly. God Bless Jim.

ChiTown
05-01-2009, 08:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Jim was a great contributor to this board. He was intelligent, witty and and a lightning rod on many subjects. He will be greatly missed.

Please accept my families thoughts and prayers.

bishop_74
05-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Prayers.

Frankie
05-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Jim,.... may God bless you. Keep the seats warm for the rest of us in the big stadium in heaven.

James, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Please post in here more often, Logical Jr.

jiveturkey
05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
RIP Jim - You'll be missed.

I'll be raising a glass in your honor this evening.

Coogs
05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I'll be raising a glass in your honor this evening.

Ditto. RIP Jim.

Frankie
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
I don't know if this is appropriate or not, James, but if you think it is, please post a photo of your dad for those of us who have not met him in person. And I would ask a mod to put it up in the Chiefs Planet header for a year.

It's a sad day at Chiefsplanet. I'd like to propose putting Jim's picture up on the header for a period of time with the family's permission of course. RIP Jim. You were a helluva guy.

Logical has been one of the original posters here and much appreciated. All the stuff that needed to be said has been said here. I think we should do this. I think he deserves this.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Plow
05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
RIP Logical. Prayers to all of your family.

Frankie
05-01-2009, 08:46 AM

This too. If not permanently, maybe at least for a year.

(Edit: I have noticed several other posters have suggested this as well. I'm fully behind this idea. I wonder if a vote is even needed.)

bevischief
05-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear that.o:-)

Donger
05-01-2009, 08:53 AM
This is indeed sad, sad news. Strength to your family.

DaFace
05-01-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll work on the header this weekend. It takes a bit to put those together.

I'll change the Lounge name for now, but I don't know that it needs to be for a long period of time.

Lzen
05-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Wow, I'm sorry I missed this thread until now. Jim, despite some of his stances, was a good guy, IMO. He will be missed on Chiefs Planet. Prayers for your family in dealing with the grief of a passed loved one.

EyePod
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Wish I got to know him.

BigChiefFan
05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Jim will be greatly missed. I'm deeply saddened by this.

Dartgod
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
My condolences go out to you and all of your family, James. Your dad was a ChiefsPlanet legend and will be missed greatly.

Rest In Peace, Jim...