PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Anyone watch Dane Cook last night?

Pages : 1 [2]

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 12:46 PM
so dane cook is a moron, but the hot pocket guy is brilliant?

Yes. Jim Gaffigan is great. Anybody who can talk about nothing but food for an hour and still be funny and original is a damn good comedian.

sedated
05-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes. Jim Gaffigan is great. Anybody who can talk about nothing but food for an hour and still be funny and original is a damn good comedian.

I've seen him a couple times. Not my cup of tea.

And it kinda annoys me that every time a comedian discussion comes up, every modern comedian is an idiot except for the hot pocket guy, Zach whatshisname, and the fat sidekick from King of Queens.

Well I'm on record as saying that I don't think any of those guys are anything special.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
so dane cook is a moron, but the hot pocket guy is brilliant?Yes. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9c9lAfXQHs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J9c9lAfXQHs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 01:03 PM

And it kinda annoys me that every time a comedian discussion comes up, every modern comedian is an idiot except for the hot pocket guy, Zach whatshisname, and the fat sidekick from King of Queens.

Well I'm on record as saying that I don't think any of those guys are anything special.

Yeah, they're only three of the ten best comedians working today. Nothing special.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I know a lot of people really like Mitch Hedberg, but his stuff doesn't do anything for me.
My favorites are Louis CK, Lewis Black, and Jim Gaffigan.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Mike Birbiglia is really good, too.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Mike Birbiglia is really good, too.

Agreed. He and Louis CK are both great. Lewis Black kinda peaked a few years ago for me.

Pablo
05-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Mike Birbiglia is really good, too.I dig Demetri Martin.

sedated
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, they're only three of the ten best comedians working today. Nothing special.

In your opinion.

Just like these dumbasses like Dane Cook. I'm sure he's on a few people's top 10 lists.

BigRedChief
05-20-2009, 02:21 PM
None of these guys mentioned here as good as was Carlin in a bad year.:harumph:

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:23 PM

I personally don't find the Zach whatshisname guy funny at all.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I dig Demetri Martin.

Yep, he's in that top 10, too.

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I dig Demetri Martin.

Yep. He reminds me of Penz.

None of these guys mentioned here as good as was Carlin in a bad year.:harumph:

Amen.

Messier
05-20-2009, 02:39 PM

No, he seems to really be in love with his own existential weirdness. The "I am soooo hilarious" vibe that some comedians give off, where they laugh at their own stuff, is annoying.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 02:43 PM
No, he seems to really be in love with his own existential weirdness. The "I am soooo hilarious" vibe that some comedians give off, where they laugh at their own stuff, is annoying.

He doesn't have that vibe at all.

Messier
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

yes he does.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM

Do you realize that you are the "Mecca" of comedy topics on this board? I'm dead fucking serious. I look at some of your posts, and it's the exact same tone.

Don't get me wrong, do your thing and keep on trucking. But I thought you MIGHT want to know. ;)

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
yes he does.

Nope.

He's naturally weird. And he doesn't laugh at his own jokes. If he's laughing at anything, it's the absurdity of his profession. He's joked in interviews about "why can't the audience find ways to amuse themselves?" But I think he's slightly serious about that.

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
:shake:

What are you shaking your head at? If I think he's not funny....then that's my opinion. Deal with it.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Do you realize that you are the "Mecca" of comedy topics on this board? I'm dead fucking serious. I look at some of your posts, and it's the exact same tone.

Don't get me wrong, do your thing and keep on trucking. But I thought you MIGHT want to know. ;)

I'm fine with that. Mecca generally knows what he's talking about.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 02:52 PM
What are you shaking your head at? If I think he's not funny....then that's my opinion. Deal with it.

WAHHH IT'S MY OPINION WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH

No shit. Some people are of the opinion that we never landed on the moon. It's their opinion, and they're totally entitled to it, but that doesn't mean they're not crazy.

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm fine with that. Mecca generally knows what he's talking about.

Yeah except Comedy isn't an exact science like football. Comedy is a matter of opinion.

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
WAHHH IT'S MY OPINION WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH

No shit. Some people are of the opinion that we never landed on the moon. It's their opinion, and they're totally entitled to it, but that doesn't mean they're not crazy.

Apples and Oranges you retarded son of a bitch.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Apples and Oranges you retarded son of a bitch.

ROFL See, now THAT was funny!

sedated
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
It's their opinion, and they're totally entitled to it, but that doesn't mean they're not crazy.

ok. then you are fukn crazy, because none of those people are funny.

Thig Lyfe
Yeah except Comedy isn't an exact science like football. Comedy is a matter of opinion.

And a matter of taste and intelligence. What makes somebody laugh is subjective, but quality is way more objective than people want to admit.

Thig Lyfe
ok. then you are fukn crazy, because none of those people are funny.

You're high.

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
And a matter of taste and intelligence. What makes somebody laugh is subjective, but quality is way more objective than people want to admit.

:rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
And a matter of taste and intelligence. What makes one Quarterback have better value is subjective, but quality is way more objective than people want to admit.

See?! See?!:D

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM

And I'm going to take your opinion with a grain of salt because you think Thigpen is a franchise QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
And I'm going to take your opinion with a grain of salt because you think Thigpen is a franchise QB.

ROFL

I laugh, because I went down that road with 'Racer' a month ago or so.

Messier
05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Nope.

He's naturally weird. And he doesn't laugh at his own jokes. If he's laughing at anything, it's the absurdity of his profession. He's joked in interviews about "why can't the audience find ways to amuse themselves?" But I think he's slightly serious about that.

I hate the pretentious piano bit he does. But, in the Comedians of Comedy, you see him working on his act, and he does have some good bits, I love the brother from North Carolina , but he does seem to have a "I'm over your head" thing happening.

Reaper16
05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
He's only over your head if you're a fucking moron.

SportsRacer > this thread

The Franchise
05-20-2009, 05:53 PM
He's only over your head if you're a fucking moron.

When the fuck did I say that he was over my head?

Messier
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
He's only over your head if you're a ****ing moron.

There is a difference between thinking someone is over you head and thinking someone thinks THEY are over you head, if you can't understand that you're a ****ing moron.

Reaper16
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
There is a difference between thinking someone is over you head and thinking someone thinks THEY are over you head, if you can't understand that you're a ****ing moron.
You're babbling.

Saulbadguy
05-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Jim Gaffigan actually did a bit about this sort of conversation.

"Oh, you didn't like that movie? You must have not gotten it."

I do admit though, most people i've met that like Dane Cook, swim in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
People who like Dane Cook are the same people who think "Jackass" is brilliant, and Johnny Knoxville is a genius.

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
People who like Dane Cook are the same people who think "Jackass" is brilliant, and Johnny Knoxville is a genius.

it is brilliant of Johnny Knoxville, just like the big marketers of nascar. There are waaaaay more stupid people than intelligent people and why not easily take their money?

stlchiefs
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I know I'm pages from the beginning of this thread, but I think Dane Cook sucks. I've watched numerous clips of his and have yet to laugh. He just doesn't do it for me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I know I'm pages from the beginning of this thread, but I think Dane Cook sucks. I've watched numerous clips of his and have yet to laugh. He just doesn't do it for me.

I can't stand his quasi-lisp.

Messier
05-21-2009, 04:26 AM
You're babbling.

apology accepted.

kysirsoze
05-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Zach is my favorite comedian working today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5p0QtJMKt1s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5p0QtJMKt1s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3EQcvKCFFW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3EQcvKCFFW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx6LAT-FqxU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx6LAT-FqxU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're Welcome, everyone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2009, 08:43 AM
apology accepted.

ROFL See, now THAT'S funny.

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 09:54 AM
apology accepted.
Well played. For a dolt motherfuck.

Jilly
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
You know who's funny? Brian Regan. I don't know how to embed a vid, but I would. He seriously cracks me up.

wild1
05-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Jim Gaffigan actually did a bit about this sort of conversation.

"Oh, you didn't like that movie? You must have not gotten it."

I do admit though, most people i've met that like Dane Cook, swim in the shallow end of the gene pool.

only women and douchebags

Jilly
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
only women and douchebags

HEY :cuss:

Reaper16
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
You know who's funny? Brian Regan. I don't know how to embed a vid, but I would. He seriously cracks me up.
Brian Regan is awesome. He gets laughs out of the tried-and-true stand up subjects, somehow making these old-hat topics sound fresh again.

Demonpenz
05-21-2009, 11:03 AM
The people that like dane cook is the people that i have to explain every joke i say in real life. Example

In st joseph we have a thing in the news paper "it's your call" it is ridiculous what people bitch at in there. So the other day

Random girl: Oh man these roads suck
Ray: Yeah, I wrote in to it's your call.....
Random girl: really?
Ray: Smacks forhead

Saulbadguy
05-21-2009, 11:26 AM

Jackass is brilliant, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Jackass is brilliant, though.

You know why I'm not going to give you shit about that? Because I'm not a Comedy Nazi and I think you should watch and like whatever in the merry, blue hell pleases you.;)