PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Anyone watch Dane Cook last night?

Pages : [1] 2

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
He had his world premier on comedy Central last night. I love Dane Cook and I thought it was great. He looks like he has been working out. The name of the show last night was Isolated Incident. The dvd is out May 19 think I am gonna buy it.:clap:

The Franchise
05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
This isn't going to end well.

:popcorn:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:15 AM
This isn't going to end well.

:popcorn:

How could it not?:D

Fish
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
:shake:

Dane Cook is a festering zit on the asscrack of comedy.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:17 AM
:shake:

Dane Cook is a festering zit on the asscrack of comedy.

What!!! How dare you....:eek:

Fish
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
What!!! How dare you....:eek:

How dare he...

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
How dare he...

NOOO you, thats right you heard me "How dare YOU":grr:

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Is it hard?

Being retarded, I mean.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Badgirl wants Dane's strange. :D

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 11:22 AM
of course he has time to lift weights, lord knows he doesn't spend it writing jokes

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Badgirl wants Dane's strange. :D

:evil:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Is it hard?

Being retarded, I mean.

Actually, its pretty easy, I mean if you don't know your retarded you just roll with it.

Crush
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
This thread reminds me of this old guy. This old guy comes to me and says, (inappropriate pause) "Do you have some cereal?" (give quizzical look to the audience) (random twitching) This guy asked for some cereal. So, I say no. (inappropriate pause) I know what you are thinking. (give retarded look to the audience) Admiral Crunch, couldn't you spare the guy some cereal? (violently shakes head) No. I will not. He doesn't deserve it. NOW I AM GOING TO START YELLING FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO RUN AROUND THE STAGE LIKE A RETARD!!!!!!!! MANIACAL LAUGH IN 3...2...1.... LOLOLOOLOHAHAHAHALOLOLOHAHAHAHA ... and then I tell him, "Walk into an AIDS tree."

Fish
05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Actually, its pretty easy, I mean if you don't know your retarded you just roll with it.

Is that a quote from Dane Cook? Or did you just make that up yourself?

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Is that a quote from Dane Cook? Or did you just make that up yourself?

I just made it up.

Pablo
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
This thread reminds me of this old guy. This old guy comes to me and says, (inappropriate pause) "Do you have some cereal?" (give quizzical look to the audience) (random twitching) This guy asked for some cereal. So, I say no. (inappropriate pause) I know what you are thinking. (give retarded look to the audience) Admiral Crunch, couldn't you spare the guy some cereal? (violently shakes head) No. I will not. He doesn't deserve it. NOW I AM GOING TO START YELLING FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO RUN AROUND THE STAGE LIKE A RETARD!!!!!!!! MANIACAL LAUGH IN 3...2...1.... LOLOLOOLOHAHAHAHALOLOLOHAHAHAHA ... and then I tell him, "Walk into an AIDS tree."Best joke ever.

When's your special?

Kylo Ren
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I've always thought that Dane Cook wasn't funny.

Buehler445
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
BG, there is some deep seeded Dane Cook hate in this place. I'd duck for cover if I were you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
This thread reminds me of this old guy. This old guy comes to me and says, (inappropriate pause) "Do you have some cereal?" (give quizzical look to the audience) (random twitching) This guy asked for some cereal. So, I say no. (inappropriate pause) I know what you are thinking. (give retarded look to the audience) Admiral Crunch, couldn't you spare the guy some cereal? (violently shakes head) No. I will not. He doesn't deserve it. NOW I AM GOING TO START YELLING FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO RUN AROUND THE STAGE LIKE A RETARD!!!!!!!! MANIACAL LAUGH IN 3...2...1.... LOLOLOOLOHAHAHAHALOLOLOHAHAHAHA ... and then I tell him, "Walk into an AIDS tree."

Hey, you stole that last part from Louis C.K.!

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
of course he has time to lift weights, lord knows he doesn't spend it writing jokes

:clap:

Crush
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Best joke ever.

When's your special?

Sunday Night. It will be on Comedy Central, right after the Roast of David Hasselhoff.

Pablo
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
BG, there is some deep seeded Dane Cook hate in this place. I'd duck for cover if I were you.
Posted via Mobile DeviceI'd love to see Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia have an antifreeze chugging contest.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Why? Why be down on Dane? What did he ever do to you people!!!!!:cuss:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd love to see Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia have an antifreeze chugging contest.

:eek:

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Why? Why be down on Dane? What did he ever do to you people!!!!!:cuss:

He ruined comedy.

Garcia Bronco
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Please stop watching this show as it perpetuates the idea that Dane Cook is funny.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:38 AM
He ruined comedy.

Ok who do you guys like? I love comedy and have always wanted to go to comedy club, but have never got to yet. Throw me some names out I will watch them if I haven't yet.

Fish
05-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I just made it up.

Funny either way I guess. I could see Dane having trouble with things like contractions, possessive nouns, and jokes...

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:39 AM
He ruined comedy.

Are you all the ones who sent him the anonymous email after his parents died.

Just Passin' By
05-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Please stop watching this show as it perpetuates the idea that Dane Cook is funny.

Now, now, nobody really believes Dane Cook is funny.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Funny either way I guess. I could see Dane having trouble with things like contractions, possessive nouns, and jokes...

I am not writing a column in the newspaper or Life magazine, I am writing on ChiefsPlanet....do you think I give a shit about possessive nouns and contractions? Please..:rolleyes:

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Are you all the ones who sent him the anonymous email after his parents died.

lol please don't tell me he did a bit about his parrents dying and hate mail. I know Carlin picked most jokes dry, but come on

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
lol please don't tell me he did a bit about his parrents dying and hate mail. I know Carlin picked most jokes dry, but come on

yea he did. I didn't think that part was funny, its not like I laughed at everything single thing he said.

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 11:45 AM

He spends it stealing them.

Garcia Bronco
05-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Comedian Dane Cook has been evicted from his Los Angeles apartment after he lost his appeal against a lawsuit from his landlord.
The actor was hit with legal action alleging he allowed his pet dog to defecate on the land surrounding his West Hollywood home.
The lawsuit, filed in April, claimed the comedian had ignored three warnings from the building's owner about his chihuahua's dog poo.
Cook returned to court last week to appeal the case, after he was slapped with an eviction notice by the Los Angeles sheriff's department.
In his defense, Cook claimed eviction would cause him "emotional hardship."
But the unnamed landlord has won the dispute, citing a swarm of complaints from neighbors that the dog, named Beast, is leaving his mess in the common areas of the apartment block.
According to the New York Post, Cook has just purchased a $7 million home in the Hollywood Hills to move into.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Ok who do you guys like?

Almost anybody else.

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 11:49 AM
The best comics are self self effacing. The comics that act "cool" usually aren't. The majority of Cooks audience seem to be broads aged 15 to 25.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Comedian Dane Cook has been evicted from his Los Angeles apartment after he lost his appeal against a lawsuit from his landlord.
The actor was hit with legal action alleging he allowed his pet dog to defecate on the land surrounding his West Hollywood home.
The lawsuit, filed in April, claimed the comedian had ignored three warnings from the building's owner about his chihuahua's dog poo.
Cook returned to court last week to appeal the case, after he was slapped with an eviction notice by the Los Angeles sheriff's department.
In his defense, Cook claimed eviction would cause him "emotional hardship."
But the unnamed landlord has won the dispute, citing a swarm of complaints from neighbors that the dog, named Beast, is leaving his mess in the common areas of the apartment block.
According to the New York Post, Cook has just purchased a $7 million home in the Hollywood Hills to move into.

Oh well he is still hot IMO and I like watching him perform. I don't care about his dog or his eviction, that is not my problem...Of course if he can afford a 7 million dollar home he doesn't exactly have problems.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Almost anybody else.

Jealous? sounds like jealousy to me.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 11:52 AM
of course you are

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
of course you are

what? you always say that what the hell are you talking about?

Jilly
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
what? you always say that what the hell are you talking about?

I do? Hmmmm....

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I do? Hmmmm....

explain yourself woman!

wilas101
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
what nobody has explained, BG, is that Dane Cook (and Carlos Mencia as well) have been busted out stealing jokes from other comics.

hence the hatred for him here.

sedated
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
NOW I AM GOING TO START YELLING FOR NO REASON!!!!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO RUN AROUND THE STAGE LIKE A RETARD!!!!!!!! MANIACAL LAUGH IN 3...2...1.... LOLOLOOLOHAHAHAHALOLOLOHAHAHAHA ... and then I tell him, "Walk into an AIDS tree."

I caught some of the Cook special last night, and he didn't seem to be doing his usual running-around-like-a-hyper-6-year-old-on-a-sugar-rush thing. It seemed to be in a smaller venue, and the camera was unusually zoomed-in and still for a stand-up act.

But, like usual, I didn't laugh once.

Iowanian
I always enjoy when people tell other people what people are acceptable to make them laugh.

Garcia Bronco
Oh well he is still hot IMO and I like watching him perform. I don't care about his dog or his eviction, that is not my problem...Of course if he can afford a 7 million dollar home he doesn't exactly have problems.

I am hot enough and have money. :D

Thig Lyfe
Jealous? sounds like jealousy to me.

:rolleyes: Textbook Dane Cook fan comeback.

You can't be jealous of somebody you have no respect for.

I'm jealous of guys like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, Mitch Hedberg, Zach Galifianakis. Guys who are truly brilliant comedians, guys who bring something new to comedy, guys who write their own stuff, guys who are actually funny.

I will never, ever be jealous of Dane Cook.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I always enjoy when people tell other people what people are acceptable to make them laugh.

hey, is ok for me to laugh at this?

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
what nobody has explained, BG, is that Dane Cook (and Carlos Mencia as well) have been busted out stealing jokes from other comics.

hence the hatred for him here.

Well I did not know this. This changes things all together...Damn him I will never listen to him again, next time I will turn down and tv and just watch. :cuss:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 11:58 AM
:rolleyes: Textbook Dane Cook fan comeback.

You can't be jealous of somebody you have no respect for.

I'm jealous of guys like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, Mitch Hedberg, Zach Galifianakis. Guys who are truly brilliant comedians, guys who bring something new to comedy, guys who write their own stuff, guys who are actually funny.

I will never, ever be jealous of Dane Cook.

I also like Steve Martin and George Carlin. I also like Jack Black. Anybody? Who are the Jack Black haters?

Garcia Bronco
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I also like Steve Martin and George Carlin.

Now you are talking about real comedians.

Scorp
05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Dane Cook is about as funny as our very own Dane McDouche.

Demonpenz
We can't tell them who or what to laugh at, we can tell them why he sucks hard.

badgirl
I caught some of the Cook special last night, and he didn't seem to be doing his usual running-around-like-a-hyper-6-year-old-on-a-sugar-rush thing. It seemed to be in a smaller venue, and the camera was unusually zoomed-in and still for a stand-up act.

But, like usual, I didn't laugh once.

Well I watched him a few days later on a earlier performance where he did jump around and crap, and I thought the earlier one was funnier than the one I watched last night.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I also like Jack Black. Anybody? Who are the Jack Black haters?

Jack Black isn't a stand-up, so he doesn't really fit into this conversation.

badgirl

Sucks in your opinion, but I like him.

Demonpenz
I can just see an entire mitch hedburg set going right over batgirls head.

Jilly
Well I watched him a few days later on a earlier performance where he did jump around and crap, and I thought the earlier one was funnier than the one I watched last night.

of course you did

Demonpenz
05-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Sucks in your opinion, but I like him.

well that is all that matters

Thig Lyfe
Dane Cook is about as funny as our very own Dane McDouche.

They've both stolen from Louis C.K.

I've seen people attribute C.K.'s AIDS tree line to CP's Dane.

badgirl
Jack Black isn't a stand-up, so he doesn't really fit into this conversation.

Ok.

Gravedigger
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I knew tons of guys at college that were exactly like Dane Cook, he just got famous by doing it. There's not alot of comedy to Dane Cook he's really just," Remember that time back in the day, which was a wednesday btw, where you did that funny thing and thought to yourself that other funny thing, those were funny good times."

badgirl
of course you did

ROFL No you did.

Thig Lyfe

Exactly. People have a right to their opinions, but that doesn't mean their opinions aren't shitty.

I can just see an entire mitch hedburg set going right over batgirls head.

"Why is he so sleepy?"

Jilly
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
ROFL No you did.

yeah, that doesn't quite work as well.....but at least you're trying

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I knew tons of guys at college that were exactly like Dane Cook, he just got famous by doing it. There's not alot of comedy to Dane Cook he's really just," Remember that time back in the day, which was a wednesday btw, where you did that funny thing and thought to yourself that other funny thing, those were funny good times."

Oh I have read posts on here that have really made gave me some good laughs, lines comedians wish they had thought up.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 12:05 PM

Yeah. He doesn't tell jokes, nor does he really tell stories. He tells scenarios. He presents something that many people have probably experienced and then adds nothing but volume.

badgirl
Exactly. People have a right to their opinions, but that doesn't mean their opinions aren't shitty.

"Why is he so sleepy?"

once again my opinions being shitty is your own opinion. Its ok you have that right.

blazzin311
Anyone happen to catch the "Jim Jeffries: I Swear To God" stand up special on hbo saturday night. Hadn't ever seen any of his stuff before, but he's a riot. Dude touches joke most other comedians probably wouldn't go near. I'd recommend him for anyone who wants a good laugh and isn't offended easily.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Anyone happen to catch the "Jim Jeffries: I Swear To God" stand up special on hbo saturday night. Hadn't ever seen any of his stuff before, but he's a riot. Dude touches joke most other comedians probably wouldn't go near. I'd recommend him for anyone who wants a good laugh and isn't offended easily.

Yes, I freaking peed a little watching that!!!

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
yeah, that doesn't quite work as well.....but at least you're trying

sure I am.:D

Jilly
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
sure I am.:D

There it is. :clap:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes, I freaking peed a little watching that!!!

Thats the kind of comedy I like!!! Anything that makes me laugh so hard I pee , that would be great.

kcjayhawks5
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
badgirl youre not alone on this board. i like dane cook too! Fuck all the haters!

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:35 PM
badgirl youre not alone on this board. i like dane cook too! **** all the haters!

PBJ Thank Goodness.

Oh I watched Malibus Most Wanted yesterday, I had saw it a long time ago, its a funny movie....oh IMO

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
badgirl youre not alone on this board. i like dane cook too! Fuck all the haters!

STFU, n00b

Pablo
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
PBJ Thank Goodness.

Oh I watched Malibus Most Wanted yesterday, I had saw it a long time ago, its a funny movie....oh IMOMalibu's.....Most.....Wanted....

funny?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Malibu's.....Most.....Wanted....

funny?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I say yes. I said "In MY damn opinion"!!! jeez.

Pablo
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
I say yes. I said "In MY damn opinion"!!! jeez.You can have your opinion. That's fair.

Just like I can say The Jonas Brothers > Led Zeppelin.

Valiant
05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
There are only two things all dane cook fans have in common..

They love cock and bad comedy..

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
You can have your opinion. That's fair.

Just like I can say The Jonas Brothers > Led Zeppelin.

Well if thats the way you feel then I respect that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Dane was beaten severely with a suck-stick.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Dane was beaten severely with a suck-stick.

You are one of the people on here I think are funny, You should be a comedian, I would come and watch you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 12:53 PM
You are one of the people on here I think are funny, You should be a comedian, I would come and watch you.

Uh oh....

luv
05-18-2009, 01:01 PM

:spock:

Slainte
05-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Uh oh....

Kewl, huh? You could open...Carrot-Top could be the mid-level talent and Stain Cook as the headliner! A classic evening at the Haus Of Larfs....

$10 cover charge--two drink minimum, folks... :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Kewl, huh? You could open...Carrot-Top could be the mid-level talent and Stain Cook as the headliner! A classic evening at the Haus Of Larfs....

$10 cover charge--two drink minimum, folks... :)

Those two hacks; I'd clean their fucking clocks.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:12 PM
:spock:

He has posted several times that I laughed, he is funny a lot on here, you don't think so? whatever.

Lzen
05-18-2009, 01:16 PM

This

PunkinDrublic
05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Comedy is very subjective to what each individual finds funny and I'm usually the last guy to judge what one person finds hilarious. However, in the world of standup comedy stealing jokes and routines is taboo. I'm on my fourth month of going to open mic nights and doing standup comedy at least 3 times a week. It is hard as fuck coming up with a good routine, working on your delivery and memorizing your punchlines. I respect each and every person who has had the guts to keep going on night after night trying to make an audience laugh regardless of whether or not I think they're funny. It's especially tough going back out and doing it after a night when you've gone up and bombed where the whole room is silent. Blatantly stealing routines that people have put a lot of time and effort into developing is unforgiveable IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
He has posted several times that I laughed, he is funny a lot on here, you don't think so? whatever.

Uh oh...

KCChiefsMan
05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I guess he performed in KC on Sat night, my friend went to see him

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Comedy is very subjective to what each individual finds funny and I'm usually the last guy to judge what one person finds hilarious. However, in the world of standup comedy stealing jokes and routines is taboo. I'm on my fourth month of going to open mic nights and doing standup comedy at least 3 times a week. It is hard as **** coming up with a good routine, working on your delivery and memorizing your punchlines. I respect each and every person who has had the guts to keep going on night after night trying to make an audience laugh regardless of whether or not I think they're funny. It's especially tough going back out and doing it after a night when you've gone up and bombed where the whole room is silent. Blatantly stealing routines that people have put a lot of time and effort into developing is unforgiveable IMO.

I would never agree its right to steal jokes, but if its stolen or not and its the first time I hear it and I think its funny I will laugh.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Uh oh...

see, I just chucked a little bit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM

LMAO

luv
05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
LMAO

I was going to say I did too. :p

Scorp
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth a little too.

Lzen
Comedy is very subjective to what each individual finds funny and I'm usually the last guy to judge what one person finds hilarious. However, in the world of stand up comedy stealing jokes and routines is taboo. I'm on my fourth month of going to open mic nights and doing stand up comedy at least 3 times a week. It is hard as **** coming up with a good routine, working on your delivery and memorizing your punchlines. I respect each and every person who has had the guts to keep going on night after night trying to make an audience laugh regardless of whether or not I think they're funny. It's especially tough going back out and doing it after a night when you've gone up and bombed where the whole room is silent. Blatantly stealing routines that people have put a lot of time and effort into developing is unforgivable IMO.

I don't know specifically what you're talking about. I guess I don't watch tons of comedians to know when one has stolen something from another. But I have watched and heard a few Dane Cook specials and I like some of his stuff. Do I laugh at everything? No, of course not. But some of his stuff has had me in stitches at times.

I guess I don't completely understand this mindset. I mean, is he stealing direct lines or ideas? Or is it just basic or general stuff? If it is basic stuff then what makes him different than musicians who borrow ideas? Or TV shows that borrow similar concepts? Or car makers that borrow ideas from other companies?

I watched some of his special last night. Didn't laugh as much as usual but did enjoy some of it. I only watched about 20 minutes of it before I fell asleep. No, not because he sucked or anything. Just because it was my bedtime. :)

In any case, I find some of the comments on here to be ludicrous. Hey, why don't we all think alike? Then we can all laugh at the same time to the exact same jokes. And nobody will ever have any reason to bash another person's comedic tastes. :rolleyes:

badgirl

well ok then.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
well ok then.

ROFL

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't know specifically what you're talking about. I guess I don't watch tons of comedians to know when one has stolen something from another. But I have watched and heard a few Dane Cook specials and I like some of his stuff. Do I laugh at everything? No, of course not. But some of his stuff has had me in stitches at times.

I guess I don't completely understand this mindset. I mean, is he stealing direct lines or ideas? Or is it just basic or general stuff? If it is basic stuff then what makes him different than musicians who borrow ideas? Or TV shows that borrow similar concepts? Or car makers that borrow ideas from other companies?

I watched some of his special last night. Didn't laugh as much as usual but did enjoy some of it. I only watched about 20 minutes of it before I fell asleep. No, not because he sucked or anything. Just because it was my bedtime. :)

In any case, I find some of the comments on here to be ludicrous. Hey, why don't we all think alike? Then we can all laugh at the same time to the exact same jokes. And nobody will ever have any reason to bash another person's comedic tastes. :rolleyes:
:clap::clap:

Lzen
05-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Now there's a phrase that has been used over and over by multiple people. It really was never funny in the first place.

luv
05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Now there's a phrase that has been used over and over by multiple people. It really was never funny in the first place.

But badgirl had already used "chucked". What was he supposed to do?

JuicesFlowing
05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaXto9NwgSk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaXto9NwgSk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scorp
05-18-2009, 01:37 PM

I call bullshit!

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaXto9NwgSk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaXto9NwgSk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Didn't the douche also steal from Louis C.K.?

JuicesFlowing
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Didn't the douche also steal from Louis C.K.?

Oh yeah, he stole several jokes from Louis CK, I was trying to find the You Tube video that shows all the jokes he stole.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
But badgirl had already used "chucked". What was he supposed to do?

:eek: OH DEAR LORD!!!! Let me correct it before all the English majors get pissy....CHUCKLED.

Thank you, God lets correct every word ever written by anyone on here why don't we. NO wait, lets just do mine. You seem to be a pro at it.:rolleyes:

Reaper16
05-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Timothy Finn from the Kansas City Star reviews Dane Cook's Sprint Center appearance:

You could say that Dane Cook has put to rest rumors or charges that he steals other comedians' material. But that's because not too many comedians would want to take ownership of the material he shared with about 8,000 people in the Sprint Center on Saturday.

Oh, people laughed all night at what he said. But every day people line up and wait an hour to sit down and eat at chain restaurants. That doesn't mean the food is good. People laugh at Dane Cook's material. That means he's funny, I guess, but it doesn't mean he's clever, witty, incisive, smart, analytical or comedic. It just means he says stuff that gets laughs.

He started his Sprint Center show by giving himself a hero's welcome, entering the area like some prize fighter or gladiator, high-fiving fans along the way. After taking the stage in the middle of the arena, he thanked the crowd for its reception and thanked the fans for all the high fives. Then he took some sanitizer out of his pocket and washed his hands. Har-har.

That was joke No. 1. It didn't go downhill or uphill from there, it just stayed right there, at that same rudimentary level where bits are joined by dialogue and most of it has no point except to deliver the shock of the bit.

An example: He took on the word "retarded." His jumpoff point was a random reference to a news story about a brain procedure that can improve the language skills of people who are -- and here was his point: why say stuff like "mentally challenged," etc. when there already was a word.

Now, there was room for a bit on the origin of a word and how a word becomes a pejorative and then an objectionable term. George Carlin was brilliant at working language and the ironies and paradoxes of words into comic gold.

But Cook doesn't have that kind of brain. Instead, he went low road. First he played with the word and the prefix "re" and "do you start off tarded and get tarded again?" Eighth grade humor. Beavis & Butthead all over again.

Then he made his larger point, which was more patently stupid than it was patently offensive. And it's really not worth repeating. But to make the point I will: He said he objects to that brain procedure because sometimes the voice is the only way you can tell is someone is ... pick your term. Then he put on this long silly skit to prove his point. And people laughed. But there was nothing to "get" about the entire bit. It was just Dane Cook making people giggle about this use of the word retard.

He did another bit on masturbation and the, er, volume of ejaculate. That was the point, nothing else. Just more juvenilia. Again, more giggles and some forced and nervous laughter. He spent several minutes describing in great detail the time he dropped his cell phone in the toilet -- no point, no punchline, just an excuse to talk about his genitals and say he got urine in his eye.

And what was that ridiculous bit about the guy with the robo-leg getting chased by a killer in the woods and why it'd be better to have a Nerf prosthetic leg? Huh?

He went on forever with this bit about how differently men and women play what he called the "what would you do if ..." game. The bit presumes everyone plays this game; I had no idea what he was talking about. It was all so contrived. He ends up playing the game with a male friend and they end up hypothesizing about sexual abuse at a child in a daycare center. Really. It was absurd and stupid, just a rambling narrative with mentions of genitals and oral sex. Har-har. He said erection. Everybody laugh.

He used his encore to relate a story that may or may not be true. It's hard to tell with him sometimes. He talked about all the negative press and reaction he gets and about going on-line for the first time to read a lot of it.

He also talked about his parents' dying of cancer within nine months of each other. Then he read an e-mail he received from one of his haters (and this is all paraphrased): "Your parents died to get away from your bad comedy."

Sometime later, he said, he got another e-mail from the same person: "My dad is dying from a brain tumor. I'm sorry I said what I did. I can relate to you now." After feigning some sympathy, Cook said he responed: "Your dad is dying to get away from your (bleeping-bleeping bleep). Hah hah. I win."

Yeah, Dane Cook always wins, when you consider the price of his tickets and the size of his crowd. But when you consider the value of his material? His fans are laughing, true, but the joke may be on them.

luv
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
:eek: OH DEAR LORD!!!! Let me correct it before all the English majors get pissy....CHUCKLED.

Thank you, God lets correct every word ever written by anyone on here why don't we. NO wait, lets just do mine. You seem to be a pro at it.:rolleyes:

Why are you bitching at me? ROR was laughing at you, Scorp mocked you. But yeah, I'm the one singling you out.

Scorp
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Cat Fight!

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 01:45 PM
From Wiki

Dane Cook Plagiarism
In 2005, on the message boards of comedy web site 'A Special Thing', Louis C.K. posted a response to his fans who accused Cook of stealing jokes from him, writing, "Okay, this kid is stealing from me. And making lots of money. Three bits on one CD." Later, C.K. wrote "Just so you know, guys, I'm not going to do anything about this.... I'm not going to court over a bit called 'Itchy Asshole.'"[19] In an interview on the Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show in February 2007, C.K. stated that while the jokes are similar, the issue was "overblown" and may stem from a backlash against Cook's popularity. However, C.K. accused Cook of being "bullyish" and litigious towards comedians for having similar material to his despite Cook claiming elsewhere that comedians often have similar material and it is not a big issue to him. C.K. also stated "Too bad the guy [Cook] can't write enough to fill up his material..." After pressure by the hosts (Opie and Anthony Xm 202) for a statement, C.K. ended the interview by finally adding (as a joke): "F**k Dane Cook, he's a c**t."[20]

Comedian Joe Rogan has spoken on many occasions about Cook performing a bit on an episode of Premium Blend that Rogan had developed on I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday (sketch titled "Tigers Fucking"), and claims to have performed the routine earlier in clubs with Cook present.[21]

Jim Breuer talked about Cook's reputation within the comedy industry, saying: "Everyone kills this guy ... Not one comedian comes on [my Sirius radio show] and says 'I'm so happy for him', which is weird. ... They can't stand this poor guy." He went on to explain that a lot of comedians "are upset because they really feel this guy has snatched a lot of material". Breuer went on to say that he personally thinks Cook is a "tremendous performer".[22]

Internet broadcasters Keith and the Girl have repeatedly made accusations of plagiarism, calling him a "Joke Thief" and will often times ask comic guests their feelings on Cook and his alleged plagiarism. [23]

The Franchise
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Timothy Finn from the Kansas City Star reviews Dane Cook's Sprint Center appearance:

Dane Cook's jokes are meant for 16 year old kids.....plain and simple. It's just too bad that the people that go to his shows are the same people that are playing beer pong at 2 am......6 years after they dropped out of college.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Dane get's his own descriptive as of right now:

Douche + Useless =

Doucheless. Dane Cook is Doucheless.

Pablo
Timothy Finn from the Kansas City Star reviews Dane Cook's Sprint Center appearance:That was spot on.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Why are you bitching at me? ROR was laughing at you, Scorp mocked you. But yeah, I'm the one singling you out.

As usual. Thanks by the way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Does Joe Rogan do anything other than orally service UFC guys and bitch constantly?

This guy is really getting on my motherfucking last nerve with his bullshit.

Hey Joe; stick to feeding people sheep testicles and such.

Pablo
Dane Cook's jokes are meant for 16 year old kids.....plain and simple. It's just too bad that the people that go to his shows are the same people that are playing beer pong at 2 am......6 years after they dropped out of college.Playing beer pong = Dane Cook fan?

Sweeping generalizations are fun.

luv
As usual.

Ummm....that last part was sarcasm.

luv
05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Playing beer pong = Dane Cook fan?

Hitting a little close to home? :p

Pablo
05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Hitting a little close to home? :pHell to the yes.

I'll play pong at 2 a.m. whenever the opportunity presents itself.

badgirl
Ummm....that last part was sarcasm.

ya think?

Mr. Flopnuts

I agree. That's not nearly as accurate as "All black people stink" or some such.

luv
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
ya think?

Nice edit.

Pablo
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree. That's not nearly as accurate as "All black people stink" or some such.lawlz.

cardken
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Best put was by Albert Brooks, as Albert Brooks in his movie, "Looking for Comedy In The Muslim World."
Brooks: "Don't ask another comedian who he thinks is funny, Nobody, Nobody is as funny as that person you just asked. Comedians are a self -loathing creature who only seeks attention not gives it. Nobody is as funny as that person in their minds. The answer is nobody, never ask a comedian that.":clap:

Reaper16
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Best put was by Albert Brooks, as Albert Brooks in his movie, "Looking for Comedy In The Muslim World."
Brooks: "Don't ask another comedian who he thinks is funny, Nobody, Nobody is as funny as that person you just asked. Comedians are a self -loathing creature who only seeks attention not gives it. Nobody is as funny as that person in their minds. The answer is nobody, never ask a comedian that.":clap:
Shut up, Dane Cook fan.

The Franchise
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Aren't they though?

Notice how I said people who play beer pong......6 years after they drop out of college. That narrow the sweeping down for you?

blazzin311
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Does Joe Rogan do anything other than orally service UFC guys and bitch constantly?

This guy is really getting on my mother****ing last nerve with his bullshit.

Hey Joe; stick to feeding people sheep testicles and such.

Actually don't know if you know this but Rogan's also a standup comic. IMO pretty decent too. Saw one of his specials last year, and he was much better than I would ever think he'd be.

gblowfish
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Richard Jeni kills himself.
Dane Cook thrives.

Is there no justice???

Pioli Zombie
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I just made it up.
Get me some orange juice, wench!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jilly
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

OJ, really? I could think of better drinks at 3:53pm in the afternoon....

or maybe that's an inside joke I don't know about?

stevieray
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I assumed he had already been played off by keyboard cat.

keyboard cat > dane crook

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceYes there is. I don't get it either. He certainly is not the funniest, but he's very popular. You don't become a famous comedian by being NOT funny. :spock:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh I'll get it but damn if you won't be the one to open it. After all your damn hands aren't broke!!!

sedated
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
You don't become a famous comedian by being NOT funny. :spock:

huh?

since when does fame = quality?

the fukn spice girls were popular.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
huh?

since when does fame = quality?

the fukn spice girls were popular.Quality is subjective. SOMEONE is buying thier stuff.

Donger
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Richard Jeni kills himself.
Dane Cook thrives.

Is there no justice???

I didn't know that Jeni had killed himself. At least we still have Dennis Miller.

stevieray
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Quality is subjective. SOMEONE is buying thier stuff.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups..

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I certainly don't think he's a 'brilliant' comic, and it's clear he steals some jokes. That being said, I do think he's a good performer. I've seen him live a couple of times and his energy goes a long way. At least when he steals jokes I still think they're funny. Carlos Mencia steals about everything he does and ruins it with terrible delivery. If anyone is deserving of a little antifreeze, it's him.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
You don't become a famous comedian by being NOT funny. :spock:

Plenty of famous comedians aren't funny.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I didn't know that Jeni had killed himself. At least we still have Dennis Miller.

Dennis Millers worse performance was him trying to be a football commentator. Yea Luv I probably spelled that wrong.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Dane Cook is one of the biggest selling comedians ever, he knows how to control a crowd and he's made himself into a polarizing figure, smart guy.

He'll never be as funny as his hardcore fans think he is but he's no where near as bad as people who hate him make him out to be either. There are far worse comedians out there than Dane Cook.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Dennis Millers worse performance was him trying to be a football commentator. Yea Luv I probably spelled that wrong.

of course you did (but not this time, cuz you googled it, didn't you, you crafty little thing you?) You did, however, forget the apostrophe on Miller's...LOL! Sorry....I'm just teasing.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
of course you did (but not this time, cuz you googled it, didn't you, you crafty little thing you?) You did, however, forget the apostrophe on Miller's...LOL! Sorry....I'm just teasing.

No I really didn't google, I remember him being on there. But Crafty you are right that I am LOL. Damn I thought I had commentator spelled wrong!!! It was the damn apostrophe that got me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Dane Cook is one of the biggest selling comedians ever, he knows how to control a crowd and he's made himself into a polarizing figure, smart guy.

He'll never be as funny as his hardcore fans think he is but he's no where near as bad as people who hate him make him out to be either. There are far worse comedians out there than Dane Cook.

The English guy who looks like a cross between grunge and the Cure sucks even harder than Cook, and that's some SERIOUS suck.

Mecca
We can discuss people less funny than Dane Cook I'll start......people who perform on the blue collar comedy tour.

kysirsoze
Dennis Millers worse performance was him trying to be a football commentator.

I think I might be the only person in America who liked Dennis Miller on MNF.

Donger

No, you spelled "worse" correctly. Unfortunately, you should have written "worst."

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
We can discuss people less funny than Dane Cook I'll start......people who perform on the blue collar comedy tour.

Oh where you been my flowing hair friend?:)

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
The English guy who looks like a cross between grunge and the Cure sucks even harder than Cook, and that's some SERIOUS suck.

Who are you talking about?

Jilly
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
No, you spelled "worse" correctly. Unfortunately, you should have written "worst."

ROFL I thought I would just correct one thing at a time! You can't change the world in a day, you know!

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM

:cuss: Damn it!!!! I am going to enroll myself in English, this hillbilly shit if for the birds. But I am proud of it I tell ya proud of being a Hillbilly. Country is my middle name.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
ROFL I thought I would just correct one thing at a time! You can't change the world in a day, you know!

Oh Snap!!!! You did not go there girl.:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM

The only comedian in our present day who sports a really cheesemo Aqua Net / Motley Crue hairstyle.

Jilly
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh Snap!!!! You did not go there girl.:D

Of course I did.

Donger
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
:cuss: Damn it!!!! I am going to enroll myself in English, this hillbilly shit if for the birds. But I am proud of it I tell ya proud of being a Hillbilly. Country is my middle name.

Yes, that is evident.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Of course I did.

yes you certainly did:)

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Comedy is pretty subjective, there are people that like Larry the Cable guy I consider that one unexplainable.

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, that is evident.

Backwood pride, Montain Mafia, I love it all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM

http://cache2.vuze.com/assets/903/2078309/61110/ZEYNUYJJVMA5JN4HCM76DSDOPJMOWGLE.jpg

"HOT LEGS, bring your mother too"!

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Russell-Brand.jpg

"I LOVE YA' HONEYYYY!( GUITAR RIFF)

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Comedy is pretty subjective, there are people that like Larry the Cable guy I consider that one unexplainable.

I personally do not like him

Donger
05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Montain?

badgirl
Montain?

Yea tennessee is full of them ya know.

kysirsoze
The only comedian in our present day who sports a really cheesemo Aqua Net / Motley Crue hairstyle.

I googled "Aqua Net / Motley Crue hairstyle stand-up comic" and about all I got was Amy Winehouse pages. My intrawebz researching needs some work I think.:doh!:

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Montain?

ok Mountain mom just told me "you didn't spell Mountain right" LOL

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 04:25 PM
http://cache2.vuze.com/assets/903/2078309/61110/ZEYNUYJJVMA5JN4HCM76DSDOPJMOWGLE.jpg

"HOT LEGS, bring your mother too"!

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Russell-Brand.jpg

"I LOVE YA' HONEYYYY!( GUITAR RIFF)

Ahhh. Never seen his standup.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:26 PM
If you wanna go with unfunny....here we go..

Blue Collar comedy guys
Kathy Griffin
Paul Reiser

That's my starting point.

Donger
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Yea tennessee is full of them ya know.

If you mean mountains, I would disagree. Those are mere hills.

Skip Towne
05-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Did you mean Mountain Mafia?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Blue Collar comedy guys
Kathy Griffin
Paul Reiser

That's a damned good starting point. I don't consider Ron White part of their crew though. He's actually good.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
That's a damned good starting point. I don't consider Ron White part of their crew though. He's actually good.

He's smart for touring with them they make him look like a god in comparison, but he's a part of the crew he will defend them at every turn if anything is said.

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Blue Collar comedy guys
Kathy Griffin
Paul Reiser

Margaret Cho
Again, Mencia
Bob Sagat

badgirl
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
If you mean mountains, I would disagree. Those are mere hills.

Well like the Alps. But there are mountains here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
He's smart for touring with them they make him look like a god in comparison, but he's a part of the crew he will defend them at every turn if anything is said.

I'm sure he would, but he's still miles ahead of those guys.

badgirl
Did you mean Mountain Mafia?

Yes, yes I did.:)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Margaret Cho
Again, Mencia
Bob Sagat

Uh oh, all the 'Entourage Metrosexuals' will be along to tell you how cool Bob is now at any moment! :rolleyes::whackit:

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Margaret Cho
Again, Mencia
Bob Sagat

Gary Shandling, who the hell thinks this guy is funny?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 04:43 PM

:clap:

Mecca
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
http://sur-net.com/www/coollinks/images/GALLAGHER.gif

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Margaret Cho
Again, Mencia
Bob Sagat

see, you're wrong about bob saget. he's fucked up, but hilarious. then again, I enjoy the fucked up humor (doug stanhope and saget both come to mind--freaking gilbert gottfried can be pretty damned dirty too).

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Uh oh, all the 'Entourage Metrosexuals' will be along to tell you how cool Bob is now at any moment! :rolleyes::whackit:

ha, I'm no entourage metrosexual. any guy that can play danny fucking tanner during the day whilst delivering some of the most fucked up humor at night has my respect.

Miles
05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
http://sur-net.com/www/coollinks/images/GALLAGHER.gif

I thought he was pretty hilarious when I was around 8 or so.

Miles
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Wanda Sykes is not funny.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Wanda Sykes is not funny.

at all.

she's apparently a lesbian, fwiw. the only reason I bring this up is that I've noticed that the openly bi/lesbian comedians I can name off the top of my head aren't funny... margaret cho and wanda sykes. is it a trend? maybe. kathy griffin isn't in that category, but she's only moderately tolerable. obnoxious, but she'll bust on somebody I hate, and it'll be just enough to force me not to change the station.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Let's be honest here, women comedians aren't funny they all have the same couple of things they talk about.

Periods
Getting fucked
How men suck

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Let's be honest here, women comedians aren't funny they all have the same couple of things they talk about.

Periods
Getting fucked
How men suck

there's a VEEEEERY small handful of women comedians that are at least decent... can't think of any off the top of my head, let's see if I can find any via the google machine...

kathleen madigan is decent.
ellen degeneres is ok in small amounts (guess that kicks the shit out of the bi/lesbian theory)
whoopi goldberg was the shit back in the day, but she had material that was definately stupid. hit/miss I guess.
sarah silverman... gah, not a fan, but she has a few slightly amusing bits. her telling of 'the aristocrats' is ok (not great)

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
see, you're wrong about bob saget. he's ****ed up, but hilarious. then again, I enjoy the ****ed up humor (doug stanhope and saget both come to mind--freaking gilbert gottfried can be pretty damned dirty too).

I ove fucked up humor. I just think Sagat makes his money off of saying dirty things that aren't funny. People love it cause "HE'S DANNY TANNER OMG!!" That novelty wore off about two jokes in for me.

He was funny in Half Baked and Huff. Haven't seen him on Entourage. It's just his stand up I can't take.

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 05:07 PM
there's a VEEEEERY small handful of women comedians that are at least decent... can't think of any off the top of my head, let's see if I can find any via the google machine...

kathleen madigan is decent.
ellen degeneres is ok in small amounts (guess that kicks the shit out of the bi/lesbian theory)
whoopi goldberg was the shit back in the day, but she had material that was definately stupid. hit/miss I guess.
sarah silverman... gah, not a fan, but she has a few slightly amusing bits. her telling of 'the aristocrats' is ok (not great)

Madigan and Silverman are funny. I'd add Jeneanne Garofallo (sp?) to that list. I saw her live and laughed about as hard as I've laughed in my life. I like smart, dry humor and she is great at it.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I ove fucked up humor. I just think Sagat makes his money off of saying dirty things that aren't funny. People love it cause "HE'S DANNY TANNER OMG!!" That novelty wore off about two jokes in for me.

He was funny in Half Baked and Huff. Haven't seen him on Entourage. It's just his stand up I can't take.

in all fairness, I hated full house when I was younger, and I've only seen one of his stand up specials (I don't watch entourage)--'that ain't right' is pretty good. does that make me a fan? eh, maybe. the fucked up things he's said that I've heard have been funny. but, it's subjective.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Madigan and Silverman are funny. I'd add Jeneanne Garofallo (sp?) to that list. I saw her live and laughed about as hard as I've laughed in my life. I like smart, dry humor and she is great at it.

garafolo was funny years ago. haven't heard any of her stuff in a long time, so I'll reserve the right to say you're a moron :)

Donger
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM

Periods
Getting ****ed
How men suck

I remember John Laroquette (sp?) introducing a female comic once, and saying, "Our next 'comediene,' which I think is a comedian with t*ts."

kysirsoze
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
garafolo was funny years ago. haven't heard any of her stuff in a long time, so I'll reserve the right to say you're a moron :)

Well to be honest I saw her about 5 or 6 years ago so she may have dropped off since then. (If she's still even touring.)

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:12 PM
People have odd taste some people don't think Robin Williams is funny.

Donger
Does anyone else think Robert Schimmel is hilarious? He is admittedly incredibly vulgar.

Ebolapox
Well to be honest I saw her about 5 or 6 years ago so she may have dropped off since then. (If she's still even touring.)

the issue I have with garafolo, cho and (at times) whoopi goldberg is that they're all rabid left-wing liberals. I'm a right-leaning centrist, and when they rail on and on about how republicans so stupid (quoted verbatim from whoopi when she hosted the oscars one year), it's old before they even begin.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM

robin williams CAN be fucking hilarious. then again, his schtick got old years ago when he was still doing coke. when freaking family guy gets a decent zinger out of your cocaine schizophrenia, you know you've gone overboard. and williams is highly prone to that.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM

You're nuts. The Larry Sanders Show is one of the best sitcoms of all time.

Periods
Getting fucked
How men suck

Maria Bamford is excellent in part because she talks about basically anything but those three things.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:16 PM

Maria Bamford is excellent in part because she talks about basically anything but those three things.

her name sounds familiar.

after quick google search, I remember her. I saw her on comedy central once--made me chuckle.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM

He used to be funny, but all his stuff nowadays is just extremely obvious stereotyping and jokes that have been done to death. People who still like Robin Williams are fooled by his rapid fire improvisation. "Wow, how did he come up with that joke about how lots of Chinese people own laundromats off the top of his head?!? And then followed it up with a joke about how gay people are highly fashionable! GENIOUS*!!!!!!!1!"

*CP spelling

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM
The Larry Sanders show....I didn't enjoy that.

And we're talking about standup, if you wanna be honest Dane Cook has been in a bunch of funny movies no one is talking about that.

Miles
05-18-2009, 05:19 PM

I may not have seen the right stuff but I don't think his standup is all that funny and for the most part seems stale. Also speaking of joke thieves...

However I usually enjoy his acting in more serious roles.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 05:21 PM

And we're talking about standup, if you wanna be honest Dane Cook has been in a bunch of funny movies no one is talking about that.

You have to fucking be kidding me. Dane Cook's movies are even WORSE than his stand-up.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:21 PM

eh, 'bunch of' is a subjective term. in all seriousness, all his movies are the fucking same.

cook: WHEW< I'm a zany every-man who spazzes out randomly
random hot chick: I don't like you
antihero who hates cook: I'm gonna get the girl! pussy!
random hot chick: wow, I like you.
cook: NOT AGAIN! (swoops up, pulls a rabbit out of his ass)
BAMF... you like ME now!
random hot chick: I like you now!

........credits......

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
This bit I find to be amusing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7O9DEj48dI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7O9DEj48dI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
I may not have seen the right stuff but I don't think his standup is all that funny and for the most part seems stale. Also speaking of joke thieves...

However I usually enjoy his acting in more serious roles.

Robin Williams the actor: often quite good

Robin Williams the comedian: washed up crap

The Franchise

This.

Mecca
You have to fucking be kidding me. Dane Cook's movies are even WORSE than his stand-up.

You don't think Waiting is a funny movie?

There must be a generational thing here.

Halfcan
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
KC Star ripped he concert-said it was lame and expensive.

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM

waiting is funny. dane cook is NOT what made that movie.

Miles
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM
You have to ****ing be kidding me. Dane Cook's movies are even WORSE than his stand-up.

I guess he was OK in Mr. Brooks. Probably because he wasn't trying to be funny.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM

I wouldn't consider Waiting to be a "Dane Cook movie."

And I'm younger than you are. It's not a generational thing. I just have taste.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I guess he was OK in Mr. Brooks. Probably because he wasn't trying to be funny.

I need to see that, if only to watch him get brutally murdered.

Miles
05-18-2009, 05:27 PM

He plays a fairly minor role.

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_OmnP527Dw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_OmnP527Dw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miles
05-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Who can forget his memorable performance as Rodman's sidekick?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5151KYH0DRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Mecca
05-18-2009, 05:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBnUHvEkC4s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBnUHvEkC4s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I thought he was pretty hilarious when I was around 8 or so.

Yep, he's funny when you're a kid.

Fuck...THAT. I would rather watch 24 hours of "Murder She Wrote" while getting a culture than watch Sarah Silverman.

I just thought he was amped and goofy. And those later comic-relief gigs were just fucking brutal to watch. I remember thinking, "can we get Williams, Whoopi, and Crystal off the fucking stage asap, please".

Yep, that's like saying Stiller was the star of "Dodge Ball".:shake:

DJay23
05-18-2009, 07:36 PM

My fiance loves it when I give her "the goat."

Ebolapox
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
My fiance loves it when I give her "the goat."

how do you give her the 'grcoat?'

MahiMike
05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
This group is too old and stodgy to get Dane Cook. I love the guy and think he's hilarious. Most here do not for various reasons.

Of course, this is the same group that didn't like the best offensive coach in Chiefs history...)

MahiMike
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM

R

U

Serious?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
People have odd taste some people don't think Robin Williams is funny.I don't like his stand-up. Great actor, comedic and dramatic.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Plenty of famous comedians aren't funny.True. Everyone cannot think that all comedians are funny.

redfan
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd love to see Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia have an antifreeze chugging contest.

This post rocks! :LOL:

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Bill Hicks is one of my all time favorite comedians.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
R

U

Serious?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Uh, yeah. I am. What kind of person wouldn't like one of the key predecessors to Arrested Development and 30 Rock?

This group is too old and stodgy to get Dane Cook. I love the guy and think he's hilarious.

Oh. That kind.

(And again, I'm neither old nor stodgy. I don't like Dane Cook because I'm not a fucking retard.)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Uh, yeah. I am. What kind of person wouldn't like one of the key predecessors to Arrested Development and 30 Rock?

Oh. That kind.

(And again, I'm neither old nor stodgy. I don't like Dane Cook because I'm not a fucking retard.)

It's like listening to a drunk frat boy regale the audience with tales of humorless, irrelevant douchiness.

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
It's like listening to a drunk frat boy regale the audience with tales of humorless, irrelevant douchiness.

A better explaination of Dane Cook cannot be found anywhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 08:36 PM

God damn I'm the man!:D

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Yep. Spot on.

Bugeater
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
I still have no idea who the hell Dane Cook is.

Cannibal
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM

In this case, ignorance really is bliss. Trust me, you are better off not knowing who he is. You are not missing a damn thing.

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM

Do yourself a favor and don't look into it.

aturnis
05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't hate him. He has made me laugh many times. The only reason I really don't like him is b/c he has been caught blatantly plagiarizing other comedians material.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't hate him. He has made me laugh many times. The only reason I really don't like him is b/c he has been caught blatantly plagiarizing other comedians material.

And he can't even do that right.

Lzen
05-20-2009, 12:02 PM
This bit I find to be amusing.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7O9DEj48dI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That's the kind of thing I am talking about. I was about in tears the first time I heard him do that sweet and sour sauce bit. And the drive thru lady "where do I go?". :LOL:

I think the one thing that we can learn from this thread is that everyone has different taste in comedy. Just look at the last 50 posts or so for proof. If you watch a comedian and you laugh, that is great. Everyone should laugh and enjoy life. And if someone feels the need to tell somebody what they should consider funny or not funny, that person is most likely an arrogant asshole. ;)

Lzen
05-20-2009, 12:05 PM
eh, 'bunch of' is a subjective term. in all seriousness, all his movies are the ****ing same.

cook: WHEW< I'm a zany every-man who spazzes out randomly
random hot chick: I don't like you
antihero who hates cook: I'm gonna get the girl! pussy!
random hot chick: wow, I like you.
cook: NOT AGAIN! (swoops up, pulls a rabbit out of his ass)
BAMF... you like ME now!
random hot chick: I like you now!

........credits......

:LOL:
Now that is funny. That describes a lot of stupid movies these days. Not just DC movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 12:07 PM
"Get Fucked, Chuck".

Sure-Oz
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Jim Gaffigan FTW

Crush
05-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Jim Gaffigan FTW

Hot pockets!

Sure-Oz
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Hot pockets!

We saw him last year (gf and I) downtown at the midland. Freakin hilarious and very friendly with the meet and greet after the show. He signed our poster and we got a picture with him. I was laughing the whole time, much funnier in person and worth every dollar for those tickets.

Great show.

CoMoChief
05-20-2009, 12:17 PM
DIE

Pablo
05-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Jim Gaffigan FTWYes.

He is one funny mofo.

If anyone has Netflix on demand, then check out 'Zach Galifinakis at The Purple Onion'.

Funny shit.

Sure-Oz
05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes.

He is one funny mofo.

If anyone has Netflix on demand, then check out 'Zach Galifinakis at The Purple Onion'.

Funny shit.

I'll check it out, thanks

CoMoChief
05-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Ron White is comedy gold.

Thig Lyfe
05-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes.

He is one funny mofo.

Funny shit.

Zach is my favorite comedian working today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Ron White is comedy gold.

Holy Shit; now I have to re think my take and enjoyment of Mr. White...:(

We saw him last year (gf and I) downtown at the midland. Freakin hilarious and very friendly with the meet and greet after the show. He signed our poster and we got a picture with him. I was laughing the whole time, much funnier in person and worth every dollar for those tickets.

Great show.

He seems like one of those people that you almost HAVE to be in the audience to really enjoy his work.

sedated
05-20-2009, 12:44 PM
so dane cook is a moron, but the hot pocket guy is brilliant?