PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Your opinion: racial slurs

Pages : [1] 2

DaFace
06-30-2009, 08:52 AM
One of the things I personally struggle with the most when it comes to moderation around here is the issue of racial slurs. Racial slurs range from the obvious (e.g., the "n" word) to the relatively innocuous (e.g., "cracker"). It's tough to tell where to draw the line.

So, here's a poll to help me better understand how people feel. There are thousands of words that could be construed as racial slurs out there, so this won't be a comprehensive list. But it'll cover most of the common ones that seem to crop up here and there.

I'll also mention that this poll has nothing to do with what appropriate action there might be for people using them. There will always be a lot of room for interpretation. The poll is merely to help me understand the range of feelings about the topic.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 08:53 AM
One of the things I personally struggle with the most when it comes to moderation around here is the issue of racial slurs. Racial slurs range from the obvious (e.g., the "n" word) to the relatively innocuous (e.g., "cracker"). It's tough to tell where to draw the line.

So, here's a poll to help me figure out where to step in and where to let things fly. There are thousands of words that could be construed as racial slurs out there, so this won't be a comprehensive list. But it'll cover most of the common ones that seem to crop up here and there.

How do you feel about the word: B eaner?

:D

DaFace
06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Note that this poll has nothing to do with what the appropriate action should be for someone using such a slur. Just helping me define what is and is not one.

tooge
06-30-2009, 08:58 AM
I have no problem with racial slurs. If you are using them here, you are an idiot, a bigot, and a loser. We are all here by our own free will right? We can all turn our computers off right? We can all choose to ignore any poster we want no? Personally, I wouldn't have any list of banned racial slurs. Of course think everythink is over regulated and pussified (is that banned) these days.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 08:58 AM
If you're going to classify one of those words as racial slurs, they all should be. In the name of equality and all.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2009, 08:59 AM
dont forget 'mud'.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
dont forget 'mud'.

or tar baby

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Maybe jungle bunny?

DaFace
You all can have fun with the list I used to help fill in the poll here if you'd like. There are a ton I'd never even heard of!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

wild1
another board I was on had an issue with this, the solution at first was to filter the most common words, and then ban for a few days if someone hashed around the filter, and forever if they did it again.

the board had an ignore feature but that isn't enough for some people, that they not see the offensive language, they wanted the people driven off the board. it wasn't really about the language, the language was a pretext to try to have someone banned that they didn't like.

basic filtering and the ignore feature are more than adequate.

blaise
I will just make one point- I think sometimes it depends on the context and the intent. For instance, I'm white, and if it's part of a good humored conversation, and it's clear where the person's coming from, I could see someone using the word "cracker" or "honky" towards me and not considering it offensive.

Baby Lee
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Every word uttered has a context.

Calling someone a beaner with joviality has different ramifications than calling someone a Canadian* with malice.

* - in some circles, people have taken to using Canadian as code for the n word.

Baby Lee
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe jungle bunny?

John Guilbuny here, with his buddy Nick Gerz.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 09:05 AM

So, here's a poll to help me better understand how people feel. There are thousands of words that could be construed as racial slurs out there, so this won't be a comprehensive list. But it'll cover most of the common ones that seem to crop up here and there.

I'll also mention that this poll has nothing to do with what appropriate action there might be for people using them. There will always be a lot of room for interpretation. The poll is merely to help me understand the range of feelings about the topic.

What about the Irish? I'd include Mic's, Paddy's, Potato Heads and Mackereal Snapper's

tooge
06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Funny you ask. Just yesterday, I was coon huntin from my truck. Another truck goes in front of my and kicks up some rocks. I end up getting a small chink in the windshield so I pullover. Low and behold, there is an embankment there and I fall down it and into the water. I climb up the hill, wetback and all, and head to the truck. I grab a towel for my head and head back to town. I am now famished. I go into the convenience store, towelhead and all wetbacked, and ask for something to eat. All these monkeys have are cheese and crackers. What a morning.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Every word uttered has a context.

Calling someone a person of Hispanic heritage with joviality has different ramifications than calling someone a Canadian* with malice.

* - in some circles, people have taken to using Canadian as code for the n word.

round here they use monday for the n word.

nobody likes a monday.

DaFace
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Funny you ask. Just yesterday, I was coon huntin from my truck. Another truck goes in front of my and kicks up some rocks. I end up getting a small chink in the windshield so I pullover. Low and behold, there is an embankment there and I fall down it and into the water. I climb up the hill, wetback and all, and head to the truck. I grab a towel for my head and head back to town. I am now famished. I go into the convenience store, towelhead and all wetbacked, and ask for something to eat. All these monkeys have are cheese and crackers. What a morning.

Yeah, that's the issue with just filtering them out. "The Man" jacks are another good example.

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Race can mean many different things. Race can be defined by political borders, geographical areas, membership, and genetics. Under the broad definition of Race we could classify members of CP as a race. So to answer you question it depends on who is saying and who is hearing it and perception.

Shaid
06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
It depends on how it is used. Sometimes it can be part of a joke and not particularly insulting. Then again, some people are insulted no matter how it's used.

BigVE
06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
The older I get the more I come to realize that there are a lot more racist people in this world than I once thought. Racism and bigotry are enmeshed throughout our society in one way or another and most times it goes unnoticed by the "offender". Other times a certain learned or taught way of speaking is passed on from person to person that when spoken is offensive whether the person is actually racist or not. For example(s): my dad is/was a Vietnam vet so "gook" was regular part of his language...sure enough I picked it up too. It wasn't until I was in high school that I realized what I was saying was offensive to some. I STILL have a tendency to use this word when I see anyone of the asian persuasion and if they heard me say it they would most certainly think I was a racist bigot or something. I have raised my kids to most certainly NOT be prejudiced but I still scold them from time to time for things they say...mostly things they hear from their primarily white and semi-racist classmates at school.

The Franchise
06-30-2009, 09:23 AM
If you're going to classify one of those words as racial slurs, they all should be. In the name of equality and all.

This.

Shaid
06-30-2009, 09:23 AM
You all can have fun with the list I used to help fill in the poll here if you'd like. There are a ton I'd never even heard of!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Here's another one.

http://www.rsdb.org/

Jilly
06-30-2009, 09:26 AM
I would say if you have a question about it, then it is one.

Katipan
06-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I have no problem with racial slurs. If you are using them here, you are an idiot, a bigot, and a loser. We are all here by our own free will right? We can all turn our computers off right? We can all choose to ignore any poster we want no? Personally, I wouldn't have any list of banned racial slurs. Of course think everythink is over regulated and pussified (is that banned) these days.

I like this post.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I would say if you have a question about it, then it is one.

This. If you have to stop and think about it before you say or type it, its probably going to offend someone.

Jilly
06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
It depends on how it is used. Sometimes it can be part of a joke and not particularly insulting. Then again, some people are insulted no matter how it's used.

There are other ways to joke around and there are other ways to speak. Why, would it EVER be necessary to use a word that could be hurtful to another human being, whether used in a joking way or not? Why can't we just elevate ourselves to another level of being so that when we use words we use them in a manner that is respectful. Why is it SO hard and SO offensive to people to actually ask that we speak in a manner that is aware of others and their feelings?

I'm not picking on you, I just think this conversation is one that we shouldn't even be having. If it can be thought of as offensive, why use it when there is SO much more language out there that is not offensive?

Frazod
06-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Context is everything. The racists who infest this place know how to make their point whether they use these words or not.

For example, when vailpass asks Taco John when he'll be by to mow his lawn, anybody who isn't an idiot knows the meaning behind that remark. Of course, "mow" and "lawn" aren't slurs, so the above statement isn't considered a slur - instead it's just a small part of another fun-filled day in patteeu's happy little playground (otherwise known as DC).

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm not picking on you, I just think this conversation is one that we shouldn't even be having. If it can be thought of as offensive, why use it when there is SO much more language out there that is not offensive?

In our little PC world, there isn't much left that isn't offensive to somebody or some group.

Simply Red
06-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks

So you want people to be jewish with their anti-Semetic remarks?

Jilly
06-30-2009, 09:37 AM
In our little PC world, there isn't much left that isn't offensive to somebody or some group.

I really really think this is a common misconception. We live in a world of words and if we choose them carefully, maybe then we'd live in a world that is peaceful. Language has been used as a weapon for far too long, imo.

wild1
06-30-2009, 09:42 AM

THIS - but like I said, what commonly happens is people use mock-offense at racism to try to get people banned that they just don't like.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 09:49 AM
I really really think this is a common misconception. We live in a world of words and if we choose them carefully, maybe then we'd live in a world that is peaceful. Language has been used as a weapon for far too long, imo.

I think we live in a world of wounded vaginas.

Words on a message board? Meh. You can choose to ignore any and all of that. Now, if someone calls me a Wigger to my face, well, we're going to have a problem. :D j/k

Katipan
06-30-2009, 09:50 AM
What happens is that the general CP population will come up with a phrase like "strawberry wafers" and we'll ALL know what they're saying without really saying it.

I understand a moderator's headache, but I'm O.G.

Less moderation the better.

Buehler445
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM

That's a little overly utopian. You can say ANYTHING and there is a possibility it will be offensive.

For fuck's sake, you can say nothing and be offended. I applied for a supervisor position in my current job once. I didn't hear a word from the manager. A few weeks later she mentioned in passing that they were going to combine that function and not backfill. I was a little offended she didn't say anything to me about it. She just determined that the candidates weren't good enough so they cancelled the search. I was pretty pissed (to be fair to her I'd been here less than a year, but I would have done a better job than the toolbox that is doing it now).

Point remains. Words you choose to construct your message have different meanings to different people. Add in that they are just words, there isn't any non-verbal communication to support understanding and it is flat impossible to communicate exactly what you mean all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I voted for none of the above. Its just a word. Get over it...

BigMeatballDave
06-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I have no problem with racial slurs. If you are using them here, you are an idiot, a bigot, and a loser. We are all here by our own free will right? We can all turn our computers off right? We can all choose to ignore any poster we want no? Personally, I wouldn't have any list of banned racial slurs. Of course think everythink is over regulated and pussified (is that banned) these days.Yup...

wild1
06-30-2009, 09:52 AM
sorry started blabbing before i saw the poll.

BigRichard
06-30-2009, 09:54 AM

No disrespect but I think you are completely wrong on this.

Baby Lee
06-30-2009, 09:55 AM
There are other ways to joke around and there are other ways to speak. Why, would it EVER be necessary to use a word that could be hurtful to another human being, whether used in a joking way or not? Why can't we just elevate ourselves to another level of being so that when we use words we use them in a manner that is respectful. Why is it SO hard and SO offensive to people to actually ask that we speak in a manner that is aware of others and their feelings?

Because the good of a full access to expression and creativity and humor outweighs the bad of individuals who take offense at words without regard to context.

With the exception of puns, humor is pain, whether it's a wiffleball bat to the scandal bundle, or Mr. Furley thinking Jack Tripper is gay, or the Three Stooges poking each other in the eyes while getting a frying pan to the noggin, or the endless jokes about infidelity or sexual humiliation or just plain being in the wrong place at the wrong time. As Michael Valentine said, they laugh because it hurts.

Mr. Krab
06-30-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't really see how "Jap" is, it's nationality not race.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 10:09 AM

No shit.

It's short for that really offensive word, "Japanese" :D

It's a context word, I'm sure. When people say the word "Japanese", no one is offended. But, when they say, "Did you see those Japs snapping all those pictures of the Sears Tower?", well, that would create a shit storm.:evil:

FAX
06-30-2009, 10:09 AM
I oppose censorship in any form. I, myself, have had a perfectly good poem ruined to hell and gone by "The Man" jacks.

Seriously, though ... this is all about context, Mr. DaFace. Censorship is bad for everybody. Filter out the "n" word and forget the rest unless it's clear that some poster is trying to insult people by using a particular word.

I honestly don't understand why more Planeteers don't avail themselves of the ignore feature.

FAX

BigVE
06-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I oppose censorship in any form. I, myself, have had a perfectly good poem ruined to hell and gone by "The Man" jacks.

Seriously, though ... this is all about context, Mr. DaFace. Censorship is bad for everybody. Filter out the "n" word and forget the rest unless it's clear that some poster is trying to insult people by using a particular word.

I honestly don't understand why more Planeteers don't avail themselves of the ignore feature.

FAX

How do u select just that ONE as the only one that is deemed worthy of being called a racial slur or offensive?

tooge
06-30-2009, 10:19 AM
How do u select just that ONE as the only one that is deemed worthy of being called a racial slur or offensive?

that's what I was thinking. If I am mexican and you only ban the "N" word and someone calls me a spic, then I go "hey, what makes the "N" word so special?" Dont ban anything at all. If someone uses it and it is offending everyone, then ban the ass. Seems pretty simple to me. Kinda like banning guns. If you are out at your farm shooting safely at targets, who cares. If you start shooting at people, you go to jail.

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 10:19 AM

Yeah, I thought that was curious as well, my ****a

Saulbadguy
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
JAP = Jewish American Princess

BigRichard
06-30-2009, 10:22 AM

I was going to ask the same thing.

Old Dog
06-30-2009, 10:23 AM

+1

FAX
06-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Allow me to explain my reasoning, Mr. BigVE ...

First of all, I believe that all English-speaking persons who post on this board should have full access to the entire palette of English language words available to them. This is the ideal solution.

Second of all, it isn't the particular word that's important, it's the "meaning" and energy the word carries with it. That's why, if you're a word-painter and you're going to paint a picture with words, you need all the words (or contextual meanings) at your disposal.

Third of all, some words were concocted for the express and sole purpose of demeaning another group. Therefore, the meaning these words carry is singular and pointed. They have one purpose and one purpose alone. And that purpose is to cause harm. The word, "nigger" is one of those.

All the other words on the list (with the exception of "Kike") have other meanings. Gook can just mean goo, for example. Chink is a hole in a wall. The other words that are intended to describe a white person - "honky" and "whitey" - are ridiculous insults. So is "kike". If you can't insult somebody any better than that, you are in no position to insult anybody.

Therefore, the word, "nigger" is the only one that is a problem in and of itself and, even though I'd prefer that the board not be censored in any way, it's the one word generally accepted as worthy.

FAX

Fish
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM

Language is only a weapon against those who take offense to harmless words. That's all they are: words. The only harm they contain is the harm you attribute to them. Each individual has the capacity to give them meaning. We as a very large group of individuals are incapable of controlling how each of us individuals interpret those words. We can't do it.

What we can control though, as a large group of individuals, is the way we each view such words. We each have the power to view the world as we wish. If you want to see hate and pain in language, then you'll find it. It's not the words themselves that will allow you to find peace.

Stewie
06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I always yell "PECKERWOOD" when I pass a trailer park. They hoot and holler and wave their Confederate flags. They think it has something to do with a hard-on, I guess. I don't have the heart to stop and tell them differently.

tooge
06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
I always yell "PECKERWOOD" when I pass a trailer park. They hoot and holler and wave their Confederate flags. They think it has something to do with a hard-on, I guess. I don't have the heart to stop and tell them differently.

I do the same thing when I drive thru olathe

CoMoChief
06-30-2009, 10:53 AM
B eaner
Zipperheads
Swamp rats
Fishheads
Dragon fuckers
Camel Jockeys
Tunnel Rats

You missed a few.

ChiefRoyal
06-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Try giving them a rebel indian yell they live for that shit.
Won't let me post the link but check out "the turtle man" on youtube you'll know what i'm talkin about

beach tribe
06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I really think anyone who gets fighting mad over being called ANY name is a weak minded pussy.

Buehler445
06-30-2009, 11:53 AM
that's what I was thinking. If I am mexican and you only ban the "N" word and someone calls me a spic, then I go "hey, what makes the "N" word so special?" Dont ban anything at all. If someone uses it and it is offending everyone, then ban the ass. Seems pretty simple to me. Kinda like banning guns. If you are out at your farm shooting safely at targets, who cares. If you start shooting at people, you go to jail.

I think this is the best course of action. FWIW, I believe you can censor certain words so you can't see them.

DaFace
06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
This has been a very enlightening poll and discussion. Thanks to all for your thoughts.

beach tribe
06-30-2009, 11:58 AM
What about Doo Doo head.

beach tribe
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I think this is the best course of action. FWIW, I believe you can censor certain words so you can't see them.

Yeah, don't take away freedoms. Punish individuals for their actions.

LaChapelle
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
If you can't piss someone off one way you can find another. That's what it's all about, finding peoples buttons. Fat, ugly, camarohead. Control, I control your emotions with words! C-words.

JOhn
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Camel toe?

alanm
06-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I guess Italian slurs are fine then. :harumph:

googlegoogle
06-30-2009, 12:42 PM
There are slurs everyday on this site.

So why do you have to protect a few races?

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 12:51 PM

shut your pie hole, you Pizza ****er

;)

wild1
06-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I really think anyone who gets fighting mad over being called ANY name is a weak minded pussy.

this

BWillie
06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't see how Jap is a racial slur?

Just Passin' By
06-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Why censor any word? With the functionality of the ignore features available, people can 'ignore' any poster, any thread or any words that they want to. If BobbyBadBoy wants to drop insulting words, SuzieStraightLace can use the ignore function to solve that problem without limiting the ability of everyone else to read everything they choose. And that should go for any "N" word, "S" word, "B" word or other "Letter" word.

Just my opinion.

googlegoogle
06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
towelhead! LOL.

googlegoogle
06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
What white person gets offended by 'cracker'. LOL.

Duck Dog
06-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Why is nigger the only racial slur that has a filter? That's racist.

Bob Dole
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Why is ****er the only racial slur that has a filter? That's racist.

The first option in the poll is filtered in some of the BB styles.

DaFace
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Heh...I didn't even realize that the first option (b-e-a-n-e-r) was being filtered in the normal view of the Planet. I was wondering why that got so few votes!

Hammock Parties
06-30-2009, 04:01 PM
I think racial slurs are hilarious, but only on the internet. However, I realize a lot of people are going to be offended reading them. A LOT. A far greater demographic than might be offended by fat jokes or religious jokes. So I'm in favor of not using any of the above. I think it chases away too many people.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
How about Fudgepacker?
Posted via Mobile Device

Spott
06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
How about Fudgepacker?
Posted via Mobile Device

How about peter puffer?

Hammock Parties
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
How about Fudgepacker?
Posted via Mobile Device

There aren't enough homosexuals here to warrant banning that term, IMO. CP has always been homophobic, anyway. I don't think that will ever change. Too many midwestern god-fearing conservatives.

(waits for negative rep)

ChiTown
06-30-2009, 04:07 PM
There aren't enough homosexuals here to warrant banning that term, IMO. CP has always been homophobic, anyway. I don't think that will ever change. Too many midwestern god-fearing conservatives.

(waits for negative rep)

You rang?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
This has been a very enlightening poll and discussion. Thanks to all for your thoughts.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Eh, go back to the boot ya wop.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Go get your shine box
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Where do you come off leaving "Mick" off the list? As far as the N-word I find it amusing that people are so scared of a word. The word is ****er and if you use it you may get your ass kicked just as you may get your ass kicked for using the word Mick. I also find the over reaction by people to words rather amusing. The people I grew up around hung trash and used slurs to each other all the time. Much like the movie Grand Torino it was just us screwing with each other. As far as the subject a good rule of thumb, is if someone is a asshole ban them and most people who use slurs against people they do not know are assholes.

Jenson71
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I call all my black classmates "n*gga"

One sat in front of me one day and after class had started, he was still standing, so I said, "Sit down, nigga." I think it brings us closer. I put an "h" on it though -- "n*ggaaahh". "Niggaaahh please. "Can you lend a nigggaahhh a pencil?"

I would never say "n*gger" though. That's horrible.

listopencil
06-30-2009, 04:24 PM

It doesn't matter. The term "race" as we are using it in this thread has...wait for it...absolutely no definitive meaning whatsoever in that context. It's true. Used in this way the term "race" can only be used to mean "group of individuals".

CrazyPhuD
06-30-2009, 04:26 PM
NSFW language

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6OselVRTsM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6OselVRTsM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCChiefsMan
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
"black" is also considered a racial slur now.

Otter
06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I call all my black classmates "n*gga"

One sat in front of me one day and after class had started, he was still standing, so I said, "Sit down, ****a." I think it brings us closer. I put an "h" on it though -- "n*ggaaahh". "****aaahh please. "Can you lend a ****gaahhh a pencil?"

I would never say "n*gger" though. That's horrible.

That's so fucking dumb it's almost beyond words.

If I didn't like being called a "wop" I certainly wouldn't go around calling my family members and other Italians "wopa" then get all bent out of shape when someone unfamiliar with the context says "wop".

It's fucking retarded to keep a word alive and well when you don't want it used. No, it is fucking retarded, not borderline retarded.

RNR
06-30-2009, 04:34 PM
"black" is also considered a racial slur now.

only by idiots

KCChiefsMan
06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
only by idiots

hey, I don't make the rules.

RNR
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
hey, I don't make the rules.

It was not a slam on you. Some people look for reasons to be offended. They live to be victims.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Why do I think this thread was started just to make it ok for everyone to horse around?
I mean for cryinbg out loud I used the word coon to make a sarcastic point and got frickin banned over it. Now we got that word and every other word on this thread.
Where's Jew boy? Or cocksucker?
Since we are, you know, simply doing a socialogical study.
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Why do I think this thread was started just to make it ok for everyone to horse around?
I mean for cryinbg out loud I used the word coon to make a sarcastic point and got frickin banned over it. Now we got that word and every other word on this thread.
Where's Jew boy? Or one who sucks the penis?
Since we are, you know, simply doing a socialogical study.
Posted via Mobile Device

I still pissed Mick does not rate as a slur around here :harumph:

Shaid
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM

It's not necessary but we give these words way too much power over us. My friends and I used to trash talk each other all the time playing basketball and the racial slurs would fly back and forth. None of us took offense because we knew the other person wasn't really serious. There is a difference. A lot of times people use those words specifically to try and cause a reaction out of someone. They are assholes and if racial slurs didn't exist, they'd just find some other way to piss people off.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Were spearchucker and sambo on the list?
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Were spearchucker and sambo on the list?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok lets cover them all.........

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=A+List+of+Offensive+Racial+Slurs&page=1&qsrc=6&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgyral.blackshell.com%2Fnames.html

Direckshun
06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm okay with just about all racial slurs except for ones directed at African Americans.

I don't claim it's logical, but I just think there should be a special exception for a race of people we've enslaved for centuries.

big nasty kcnut
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm such a cracker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm okay with just about all racial slurs except for ones directed at African Americans.

I don't claim it's logical, but I just think there should be a special exception for a race of people we've enslaved for centuries.

Essentially every race on the planet has been enslaved for centuries.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM

What's this we paleface? I haven't enslaved anyone. Ever.

Direckshun
06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
What's this we paleface? I haven't enslaved anyone. Ever.

You're enslaving me with your stupidity.

Just having to read your thoughts is on par with the emotional toll of toiling in a Mississippi wheat field for no pay.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:18 PM
You're enslaving me with your stupidity.

Just having to read your thoughts is on par with the emotional toll of toiling in a Mississippi wheat field for no pay.

That's racist.

Direckshun
06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
That's racist.

Case in point.

Oy.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Case in point.

Oy.

You can't possibly be taking me seriously can you?

Frazod
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM

I'm as sick of the Klanboys here as anybody, but this is just silly. Everybody who ever owned a slave in this country has been dead for a 100 years, and the number of white people who died fighting for their freedom was far greater than the number of white slave owners anyway.

No one group has the market cornered on getting fucked with.

wild1
06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm as sick of the Klanboys here as anybody, but this is just silly. Everybody who ever owned a slave in this country has been dead for a 100 years, and the number of white people who died fighting for their freedom was far greater than the number of white slave owners anyway.

No one group has the market cornered on getting ****ed with.

a- ****ing men

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM

No one group has the market cornered on getting fucked with.

I think there is one group that gets fucked with more than any other. The poor. But then again I do think that prejudice (which is what is referred to as racism these days) is more attributed to people based on their social class more so than anything else.

Frazod
06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I think there is one group that gets fucked with more than any other. The poor. But then again I do think that prejudice (which is what is referred to as racism these days) is more attributed to people based on their social class more so than anything else.

Correct. The rich white masters of the universe make no distinction between you and I, regardless of our background or skin color. All they care about is WE AREN'T ONE OF THEM, therefore we are sheep.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Correct. The rich white masters of the universe make no distinction between you and I, regardless of our background or skin color. All they care about is WE AREN'T ONE OF THEM, therefore we are sheep.

What's funny to me is all the other sheep that think because they have a little bit more they can point their finger and yell "Yeah!" Seriously. If you line up 10 Americans from every social class next to each other, the first guy has as much as the next 9 combined. People are so content because they're "blessed." They aren't blessed. They're just better paid slaves.

ClevelandBronco
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
I think there is one group that gets ****ed with more than any other. The poor. But then again I do think that prejudice (which is what is referred to as racism these days) is more attributed to people based on their social class more so than anything else.

Flopnuts gets it.

A ridiculous race war has taken the place of a more appropriate economic civil war for decades now.

I may not be on the same side as those who are getting screwed financially, but I can recognize a crooked game when I see one...

stevieray
06-30-2009, 05:57 PM
a special exception for a race of people..

that's racist. and exactly why some AA have trouble moving forward, because people like you have told blacks they need people like you to succeed, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

you demean the effort by making it special based on skin color., rather than the acheivement itself.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Flopnuts gets it.

A ridiculous race war has taken the place of a more appropriate economic civil war for decades now.

I may not be on the same side as those who are getting screwed financially, but I can recognize a crooked game when I see one...

I haven't seen you in a while my friend. Maybe I just haven't been in the same threads. I agree though. I work as a credit manager, and have worked in this business for most of the last 15 years. I see it first hand. But I also know that I'm just a "better paid" slave.

pikesome
06-30-2009, 06:00 PM

Since a good chunk of my family is Scottish and Irish who got here about the time slavery was abolished...

I think you're talking about you, not "we"

There's no guilt on my hands.

Buehler445
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Since a good chunk of my family is Scottish and Irish who got here about the time slavery was abolished...

I think you're talking about you, not "we"

There's no guilt on my hands.

Dude. Where have you been?

pikesome
06-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Dude. Where have you been?

Been lurking.

This place has gone south bad this off season.

I'm hoping it turns around with some Chiefs success.

It also doesn't help that I like to talk politics and the DC, well, it's worse than ever. And not likely to get any better.

Buehler445
06-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Been lurking.

This place has gone south bad this off season.

I'm hoping it turns around with some Chiefs success.

It also doesn't help that I like to talk politics and the DC, well, it's worse than ever. And not likely to get any better.

Fair enough. Post more. Except not in the DC :)

pikesome
06-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Fair enough. Post more. Except not in the DC :)

Been getting that football itch. At least I think it's the football itch, with all the heat it might be jock itch instead. :)

Valiant
06-30-2009, 06:19 PM

It is either ALL or NONE..

Buehler445
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Been getting that football itch. At least I think it's the football itch, with all the heat it might be jock itch instead. :)

Heh. Let's hope it's football.

Direckshun
06-30-2009, 06:46 PM

No one group has the market cornered on getting ****ed with.

I didn't claim it was logical. It's how I feel.

Pissant.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Pissant.

LMAO That's one of my favorite words in the English dictionary.

Bugeater
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
As much as I don't care to read that type of crap, I have to agree with this. I'm sure I probably offend a person or two here with my frequent goddamns and JFCs, and I sure as hell don't want to have to give those up.

ClevelandBronco
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
LMAO That's one of my favorite words in the English dictionary.

I like "defenestrate."

But that's just me.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I like "defenestrate."

But that's just me.

I had to look it up. We should defenestrate our elected officials.

Dottefan
06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
:clap:I love to listening people complain about how we are so PC ,and wish for the good old days of Archie bunker, when you could call folks derogatory names, cuss it was ok.I dont mind you using racial slurs , as long as you understand there is a flip side to it. You can use them, just provide your contact information...;)..in case my friends and I fell the need to kick your teeth in for using coon, porch monkey, the n word or any other derogatory word for Black folks. Freedom of speech is all good and well, just as long as you understand I have the freedom to **** you up over you choice of words. Agreed?:clap:

ClevelandBronco
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I had to look it up. We should defenestrate our elected officials.

You have to love a language that has a specific word for that action.

I agree. Our elected officials should be subject to defenestration from the first floor. Perhaps the second under special circumstances.

The important thing is that we record and televise the action. They should suffer shame just from being dumped out.

Just Passin' By
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
:clap:I love to listening people complain about how we are so PC ,and wish for the good old days of Archie bunker, when you could call folks derogatory names, cuss it was ok.I dont mind you using racial slurs , as long as you understand there is a flip side to it. You can use them, just provide your contact information...;)..in case my friends and I fell the need to kick your teeth in for using coon, porch monkey, the n word or any other derogatory word for Black folks. Freedom of speech is all good and well, just as long as you understand I have the freedom to **** you up over you choice of words. Agreed?:clap:

Actually, you don't have that right and you never have. Free speech is a Federal, Constitutional right, even though it's not applicable here. Kicking someone's ass because you don't like what they say isn't protected anywhere in that document.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

However, congratulations on being an internet tough guy!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2009, 07:48 PM
You have to love a language that has a specific word for that action.

I agree. Our elected officials should be subject to defenestration from the first floor. Perhaps the second under special circumstances.

The important thing is that we record and televise the action. They should suffer shame just from being dumped out.

There isn't any behavior that goes on in Washington that deserves 2nd floor defenestration IMO, but some good 1st floor jobs would be great. PPV?

Frazod
06-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Pissant.

A little testy tonight, eh?

And whether it's something you think is true or it's just "how you feel," it's fucking stupid.

sedated
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM

1. the freedom to "**** you up" isn't protected by the fist amendment, or any amendment, of the constitution.

2. why must you concentrate on black slurs? do you not feel the same angry passion against slurs for other races? Don't you find that a little self-centered and hypocritical? (I only care about the things that hurt ME!)

3. learn how to spell, and use proper punctuation.

FAX
06-30-2009, 08:30 PM
It is either ALL or NONE..

I would argue that the "N" word is different because it is a term that has no other use whatsoever. It's a word that falls into the same category as kike, yid, hymie, and sheeny (although those words are rarely used since most people will wish to obtain a bank loan at some point in the future).

Pretty much all the other words have alternate definitions. So, from a practical point of view (and were I a mod), I would filter those words that have no other possible usage other than to cause anguish and embarrassment. As for all the other words, it's all about context and usage.

FAX THE FAIR

Frazod
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
1. the freedom to "**** you up" isn't protected by the fist amendment, or any amendment, of the constitution.

2. why must you concentrate on black slurs? do you not feel the same angry passion against slurs for other races? Don't you find that a little self-centered and hypocritical? (I only care about the things that hurt ME!)

You misspelled "first," Einstein. LMAO

FAX
06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
The "fist" amendment. I like it. The "fist" amendment. I'm stealing it.

FAX THE PHRASE ROBBER MAN

FAX
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm kicking your ass. If you don't like it, look it up in the fist amendment.

FAX

Shaid
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm kicking your ass. If you don't like it, look it up in the fist amendment.

FAX

ROFL

gblowfish
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/1477/saturday-night-live-word-association

dtebbe
06-30-2009, 10:26 PM

ROFL....

Better pack a lunch too.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2009, 11:23 PM

that's racist. and exactly why some AA have trouble moving forward, because people like you have told blacks they need people like you to succeed, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

you demean the effort by making it special based on skin color., rather than the acheivement itself.

It's a fair statement, given that the N* word and most racial slurs are derived from statements made by whites during the years of slavery.

I'm bothered by racism on both sides. I'm bothered by minorities who cherry-pick any single incident to cry racial foul--I once read a comment that the Lion King was racist because of the way it portrayed hyenas. Give me a ****ing break. And on that same token, African Americans becoming outraged about other races using the N* word and then using it themselves in every sentence. That's hypocritical. On the other side, I hate when white people hide behind the "PC" argument. You know it offends other races and yet you choose to use it anyway. And it seems to be the case that those who use it most freely are those who aren't friends with that many other races (but you'll always hear about their one black friend, which makes it okay). It's pretty simple, guys. I have an asian friend who pokes fun at himself, so we joke about racial stereotypes together. I have a black friend who finds racial jokes offensive. It's appropriate in one context and not another.

And as for the guy who said he reserves the right to beat the shit out of you? He doesn't have the right. But I think that if you get your head knocked in for a racial slur, you deserve it.

Rausch
07-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Making a fat joke doesn't mean you hate fat people.
Calling someone a retard doesn't mean you hate people with disabilities.
Making a joke about women doesn't make you gay or a woman-hater.
People joke about their husband/wife and don't hate them.
But telling a joke about someone of a different color?
You're racist!

No, no you're not. You told a joke someone found insulting. Well, all jokes insult someone...

Pioli Zombie
07-01-2009, 05:31 AM
People get all offended. Like the women at work don't like it when I call them cunts. Lighten up already. Sheeesh.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
07-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Heh...I didn't even realize that the first option (b-e-a-n-e-r) was being filtered in the normal view of the Planet. I was wondering why that got so few votes!

I thought about throwing an infraction your way for bypassing filters, but then I realized I wasn't Frazod and you weren't some guy who had taken me to the verbal woodshed on several occasions.

patteeu
07-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Who is "we"? Have you got a slave-trading mouse in your pocket?

King_Chief_Fan
07-01-2009, 06:26 AM
When I was seven years old, I had a black friend named Wallace. We were best friends in grade school. We had nick names for each other.
He called me buckwheat and I called him snowball.
Hadn't thought about him in years. I wonder what he is up to?

patteeu
07-01-2009, 06:32 AM
I would argue that the "N" word is different because it is a term that has no other use whatsoever. It's a word that falls into the same category as kike, yid, hymie, and sheeny (although those words are rarely used since most people will wish to obtain a bank loan at some point in the future).

Pretty much all the other words have alternate definitions. So, from a practical point of view (and were I a mod), I would filter those words that have no other possible usage other than to cause anguish and embarrassment. As for all the other words, it's all about context and usage.

FAX THE FAIR

It's useful in hip hop songs:

Turn your radios up
You are now allowed to listen to the radio
The real ****ers are back, on the radio

[Verse 1: NaS]

No slacking
no begging, no asking
no fasting
No disrespect to Islam
or Imam
or pastor
No answers
to questions the media is asking
Why we fight each other in public
in front of these arrogant fascists?
They love it
Putting old ****ers versus the youngest
Most of our elders failed us
How can they judge us
****ers?
There's verbal books published by ****ers
Produced by ****ers
genuine ****ers
so I salute my
****ers
Not mad cuz Eminem said ****er
cuz he's my ****er
wigger
cracker friend
We all black within
okay
we all African
okay
Some Africans don't like us? no way!
A killing happened in Johannesburg, yesterday
Slain artist named Lucky Dube
hijacked
some saying N double-A-C-P
keep us side-tracked
But I don't buy that
I buy Aston Martins
faster cars than
NASA-Car's and
sparking
while riding
critics
eat a dick
journalists
see I'm rich
With this N-word jargon
I'm just starting
bitch

[chorus:NaS]

I'm a ****er
he's a ****er
she's a ****er
we some ****ers
wouldn't you like to be a ****er too?
To all my kike ****as
spic ****ers
Guinea ****ers
chink ****ers
that's right, y'all my ****ers too

I'm a ****er
he's a ****er
she's a ****er
we some ****ers
They like to strangle ****ers
blaming ****ers
shooting ****ers
hanging ****ers
still you wanna be a ****er too?
True

[Verse 2: NaS]

Wake up in the morning, shake my third leg in the toilet
oozie on the night stand
I'm the man you go to war with
Not the man you go to war against
Patience
I'll get you
if that means I can't sleep a whole year, I'mma get you
I'm official
Not a tisket or a tasket
I'll put you in the casket
With the biscuit or the ratchet
They smoke hibiscus ...
That plant shit trees
advance shit we
Don't forsake us
you all are fake bloods like movie makers
I flow tight as Toothie's braces
Who be hating us?
I'll be on a State bus
in shackles if my 8 bust
Cuz y'all some tellers, opposite of bankers
I'm the shit for ages
My click's still real QB gangsters
Click still moving like Freemasons
So if I'm in on the floor
for the law
There's lodgers
all across
the nation
NaS is bred for the plan
To hold a grand dragon's head in my hand
Come and get me, here I am

[Chorus: NaS]

I'm a ****er
he's a ****er
she's a ****er
we some ****ers
To all my kike ****as
spic ****ers
Guinea ****ers
chink ****ers
that's right, y'all my ****ers too

I'm a ****er
he's a ****er
she's a ****er
we some ****ers
They like to strangle ****ers
blaming ****ers
shooting ****ers
hanging ****ers
still you wanna be a ****er too?

Duck Dog
07-01-2009, 07:00 AM

You need a history lesson, dumbass. It's whites like you that cause more racial unrest than anyone else. Swallow your guilt with some painkillers, you'll feel better.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 07:20 AM
I thought about throwing an infraction your way for bypassing filters, but then I realized I wasn't Frazod and you weren't some guy who had taken me to the verbal woodshed on several occasions.

Heh, Still butthurt over that poll, I see. LMAO

Perhaps I could get one my friends to call your wife a fat whore and then brag about how he took you to the verbal woodshed. Oh wait, I can't do that because me and my friends aren't the scum of the earth.

And I see you posted a rap song with a bunch of racist lyrics in it. I'll bet that gave you a tiny little boner. Just like some little kid who finds a painting of a nude woman in a text book and shows it to the teacher saying "ha ha, she's naked!"

patteeu
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Heh, Still butthurt over that poll, I see. LMAO

What poll?

KcFanInGA
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Ill tell you what, usage is everything. I have never been offended by the word cracker, in fact I enjoy Ritz and Goldfish, until it was used by a rather large woman who threatned bodily harm on me. I was an assistant manager in a gas station at the time, and my female (and yes, black) co-worker (and yes,friend) threatened her in return. Very funny, although I had to step in because I thought that together they might destroy several city blocks. So I agree with some others who already said this, as my mother used to say "it's not what you say, it's how you say it."

J Diddy
07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
What poll?

The poll that fraz started in DC when you got all upset and started calling me names.

That was mean.

Ultra Peanut
07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Ban anyone who voted for "Cracker" and/or "Whitey."

J Diddy
07-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Ill tell you what, usage is everything. I have never been offended by the word cracker, in fact I enjoy Ritz and Goldfish, until it was used by a rather large woman who threatned bodily harm on me. I was an assistant manager in a gas station at the time, and my female (and yes, black) co-worker (and yes,friend) threatened her in return. Very funny, although I had to step in because I thought that together they might destroy several city blocks. So I agree with some others who already said this, as my mother used to say "it's not what you say, it's how you say it."

I'm of the opinion that if all you have in a debate is slamming someones race then you ain't got much. In particular an opinion worth listening to.

J Diddy
07-01-2009, 07:55 AM

Slow your roll whitey cracker.

patteeu
07-01-2009, 08:02 AM
The poll that fraz started in DC when you got all upset and started calling me names.

That was mean.

I don't remember it. Did I call you "cracker" or "monkey"?

Dartgod
07-01-2009, 08:02 AM
And honky.

I only voted for the white ones.

J Diddy
07-01-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't remember it. Did I call you "cracker" or "monkey"?

You remember it. It started with me and fraz sending infractions to a user for his continued use of racial slurs. It ended with someone saying bad things about fraz's wife.

MVChiefFan
07-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey, I've got an idea, how about NOT being a dick to people and then you probably won't have to use any of these words or worry about whether they're offensive or not. Just an idea.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 08:12 AM

That was mean.

No, I'm talking about the poll where an overwhelming number of members who voted think I should be a moderator. Sort of rains on patteeu's nasty little neocon fantasy parade.

Baby Lee
07-01-2009, 08:13 AM

Wife beater and shorts around his knees, and he and his buddies are itching to wail on you if they sense a diss from you, but don't you dare stereotype.

ROFL ROFL

patteeu
07-01-2009, 08:15 AM
No, I'm talking about the poll where an overwhelming number of members who voted think I should be a moderator. Sort of rains on patteeu's nasty little neocon fantasy parade.

Oh, I remember it now. That one was funny.

tooge
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Ok, lets get something straight. If any of you wops,niggers,buttfuckers,spearchuckers, chinks or mexicans start calling me a white, redneck, country livin dental type, I'm getting all my friends and kickin your ass.

Katipan
07-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I like how the only Flip joke is the Japanese Wetback one.

wild1
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
this is all fun but i still have not heard why the ignore feature is not sufficient...?

Frazod
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh, I remember it now. That one was funny.

Yeah, I noticed that after you started posting in that thread, your little neocon minions started showing up to vote against me. There are still a few missing, though, like Velvet Jones and Shitsprayer. I assume they're both too scared to leave DC.

You need to work on bring these guys out of their shells, pat; instill in them your particular brand of "internet courage." With some prodding and a good deal of patience, just like you, they may eventually be able leave the nurturing slime of DC and post in the main forum (for a few seconds at a time, anyway). As far as I know, that poll's still open, so it's not too late to get out the RRNJ vote! And someday, God willing, they might actually participate in a football discussion!

wild1
07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
fight! fight!!!

Frazod
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Yes, apparently I'm being taken to the verbal woodshed again. LMAO

Duck Dog
07-01-2009, 10:08 AM

Jesus Christ you write like a monkey. You do have opposing thumbs, don't you?

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I haven't, nor will I likely get to reading this entire thread, but I hope and suspect that it's been said that.....this is charting a course into dangerously silly territory.

Personal and clearly racist remarks and behavior should not be tolerated. However, we should be careful that our attempt to police real racism does not become crusade in the war over political correctness.

I realize that line is fuzzy, but this place has thrived....in large part because we have tended to err on the side of freedom of expression, rather than on the side of politcally correct bullshit.

dtebbe
07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
In fear of future banning for my amazing "Banana For Every Monkey" avatar, I have changed it. You guys are total killjoys. ROFL

And I've never been called a cracker, whitey, honkey, etc... but I have been called a white*igger once...

Of coarse I was shooting bottle rockets at the naming party on their front porch... so I deserved it!

If someone called me a cracker or honkey, I just might piss myself laughing!

And I'm sorry, but nothing says "Stop BSing me" to a group of buddies better than "*igga Please!"

DT

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 10:17 AM
A question for the attorneys: if we ban the use of these words, can chiefsplanet be sued for discrimination against people with a written version of Tourette's Syndrome?

Jenson71
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
A question for the attorneys: if we ban the use of these words, can chiefsplanet be sued for discrimination against people with a written version of Tourette's Syndrome?

I knew a kid who had Tourette's, and he said "ice demon" occassionally. I'm not sure what group that discriminates against, but I was offended for them.

RJ
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM

No, you don't have that freedom. None of us do.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I knew a kid who had Tourette's, and he said "ice demon" occassionally. I'm not sure what group that discriminates against, but I was offended for them.

That's a cool thing to say involuntarily.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
On another note, it looks like the N word wins, as the first to reach 100 votes. Wetback and coon are battling for second, but it's possible that kike, chink, or gook could still pass them.

I love a good race, and it's even more interesting when it's a race-related race.

FAX
07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
While we're on the subject, what about religion bashing? There are a couple of posters (whose names shall be withheld to protect myself) who go out of their way to insult Christians on this board. I am not what you would call a "Christian", but it's pretty sad when some little marshmallow sugary Easter birds have their religion insulted and demeaned for no reason whatsoever and out of the blue and all. What about that, Mr. DaFace?

And, while we're on the subject, what about aliens? Some little marshmallow sugary Easter birds are always dissing aliens on this board. And Bigfeets, too. What about them?

If you're a black, alien, Bigfeet nun, you really can't enjoy this board very much.

FAX

Jenson71
07-01-2009, 10:52 AM
I usually take it upon myself to defend the religious minded folk from the heathens. It is good fun and healthy for the mind and soul.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
While we're on the subject, what about religion bashing? There are a couple of posters (whose names shall be withheld to protect myself) who go out of their way to insult Christians on this board. I am not what you would call a "Christian", but it's pretty sad when some little marshmallow sugary Easter birds have their religion insulted and demeaned for no reason whatsoever and out of the blue and all. What about that, Mr. DaFace?

And, while we're on the subject, what about aliens? Some little marshmallow sugary Easter birds are always dissing aliens on this board. And Bigfeets, too. What about them?

If you're a black, alien, Bigfeet nun, you really can't enjoy this board very much.

FAX

Good question; what's good for the goose... :hmmm:

;)

Jilly
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
is it that off putting and that much of an infringement on people's freedom to ask that we be sensitive to others when we speak? It's so disappointing that this sample of humanity is unwilling to even give, what I see, as just a little so that others feel more welcome and accepted.

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
is it that off putting and that much of an infringement on people's freedom to ask that we be sensitive to others when we speak? It's so disappointing that this sample of humanity is unwilling to even give, what I see, as just a little so that others feel more welcome and accepted.

is it that off putting and that much of an infringement on people's freedom to ask that we stop being so sensitive when others speak? It's so disappointing that this sample of humanity is unwilling to even give, what I see, as just a little so that others may speak more freely, without being clobbered by the overly sensitive in our society.

FAX
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM

So far as I am aware, Ms. Jilly, this is the last place on planet Earth where you can say whatever you wish without fear of being labeled a "Mr. Rain Man" or a "Mr. Donger".

One of the biggest problems in our culture is that we've become overly- and ultra-sensitive to other people's "feelings". This leads to societal wishy-washiness which, in turn, leads to inaction which, in turn, leads to malaise and acceptance of anything and anybody regardless of who they are or what they do. That isn't right.

Never forget that God gave us dumbasses for a reason. And that reason is to bash their dumbasses without mercy. The same might be said about the Japs.

FAX

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Never forget that God gave us dumbasses for a reason. And that reason is to bash their dumbasses without mercy. The same might be said about the Japs.

FAX

LMAO

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 12:52 PM

So, others must give up their free speech so that you can avoid using the ignore function on a few keywords?

RJ
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
And what about midget bashing? I'm not going to name names but I think we all know that a lot of that goes on. Since I haven't seen the midget faction of this board rise up (no pun intended) in protest, I have to assume they are simply Leaving the Planet Forever, thus depriving Austin Chief of potential donations and ad revenue.

Now that midgets have gained the right to vote, shouldn't they also have the freedom to peruse a football message board without having their little, tiny, itty-bitty feelings injured?

Midget tears are just as wet regular heighted folks, after all.

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
And what about midget bashing? I'm not going to name names but I think we all know that a lot of that goes on. Since I haven't seen the midget faction of this board rise up (no pun intended) in protest, I have to assume they are simply Leaving the Planet Forever, thus depriving Austin Chief of potential donations and ad revenue.

Now that midgets have gained the right to vote, shouldn't they also have the freedom to peruse a football message board without having their little, tiny, itty-bitty feelings injured?

Midget tears are just as wet regular heighted folks, after all.

Midgets are people too. They're just easier to toss.

Otter
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
What about albinos?

Shouldn't "chalky", "transparent" and "alabaster" be considered racial slurs as well? Albinos and their "get my ass out of the sunshine" have feelings too.

What about African Albino Midgets?

Boy we can find all sorts of ways to be offended if we look hard enough.

Dottefan
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Stupid, it was ment as a joke, stop reading into to shit ....internet grammar cop.

kcxiv
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM
They dont bother me at all. I make fun of my own race all the time.

patteeu
07-01-2009, 01:15 PM
this is all fun but i still have not heard why the ignore feature is not sufficient...?

The only counter-argument I've heard that makes any sense at all is that visitors to the site might get a bad impression of us. But with poop threads, get Clayton laid threads, Royals threads, and all kinds of other potentially off-putting activities going on here, I'm not sure that argument carries the day.

Dottefan
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Actually, you don't have that right and you never have. Free speech is a Federal, Constitutional right, even though it's not applicable here. Kicking someone's ass because you don't like what they say isn't protected anywhere in that document.

However, congratulations on being an internet tough guy!

It was a joke, of course I know you dont have the right to beat people up.

patteeu
07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
On another note, it looks like the N word wins, as the first to reach 100 votes. Wetback and coon are battling for second, but it's possible that kike, chink, or gook could still pass them.

I love a good race, and it's even more interesting when it's a race-related race.

Ban him!

Dottefan
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
There are a ton of Bill Oriellys on these site..

patteeu
07-01-2009, 01:21 PM

I find it endearing when Frazod tries to hurt my feelings by calling me a neocon. I think it's kind of cute.

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Oh. I guess I should confess then that I pm'ed you the contact information for a person I don't like along with those epithets and insults.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
The only counter-argument I've heard that makes any sense at all is that visitors to the site might get a bad impression of us. But with poop threads, get Clayton laid threads, Royals threads, and all kinds of other potentially off-putting activities going on here, I'm not sure that argument carries the day.

So you equate good-natured and humorous discussion about poop, or a thread about some virginal dork trying to get laid, or threads about BASEBALL??? with racists spewing hate?

Really?

:spock:

Wow, that's..... damn, I don't know what that is.

But I certainly know what it isn't.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah, I could just feel the humor oozing out of that post. LMAO

DaFace
07-01-2009, 01:28 PM
This thread's still going? WTF are you guys talking about?

Rain Man
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM

I'm calling the race for the silver medal between coon and wetback. They're coming around the final turn now and it's 91 to 90, too close to call.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2009, 01:29 PM

RACISTS!!!

Otter
07-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Albino Midgets

http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Skulls of victims of the Khmer Rouge regime
An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28 Cambodian Midgets
Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm calling the race for the silver medal between coon and wetback. They're coming around the final turn now and it's 91 to 90, too close to call.

Darn, in all the excitement I forgot to vote. :doh!:

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 01:33 PM

http://files.jonezy.org/racist.gif

wild1
07-01-2009, 01:56 PM

I think that you are insulting the Chiefs' fan base by saying a visitor is going to show up here, see one racist word, and then have permanent brain damage.

If I hear someone say the nword at Borders it doesn't mean I'm never going back to Borders, and that I'm so stupid as to think that everyone who would set foot in Borders is a racist. That idea is explosively stupid.

And like you say, 80% of the threads here have nothing to do with football and many of them are pretty repulsive anyway

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I think that you are insulting the Chiefs' fan base by saying a visitor is going to show up here, see one racist word, and then have permanent brain damage.

If I hear someone say the nword at Borders it doesn't mean I'm never going back to Borders. That idea is monumentally stupid.

And like you say, 80% of the threads here have nothing to do with football and many of them are pretty repulsive anyway

That's a bit simplistic, IMO. A better comparison would be a small group of people who are ALWAYS at Borders saying these things, within earshot of the clerks, who act like they don't hear it.

patteeu
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM

If I hear someone say the nword at Borders it doesn't mean I'm never going back to Borders, and that I'm so stupid as to think that everyone who would set foot in Borders is a racist. That idea is explosively stupid.

Don't get me wrong. I'm with you on the ignore features being adequate. I'm just saying that there's at least an argument out there that the ignore features wouldn't address. I certainly don't intend to insult the Chiefs' fan base (except, maybe, the ones who are too stupid to recognize a TIC Royals joke).

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:12 PM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were certain DC pansies here who don't even know what a baseball looks like.

wild1
07-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm with you on the ignore features being adequate. I'm just saying that there's at least an argument out there that the ignore features wouldn't address. I certainly don't intend to insult the Chiefs' fan base (except, maybe, the ones who are too stupid to recognize a TIC Royals joke).

Ok, so the ignore feature eliminates 95% of all issues. i agree

Can't we assume that someone who browses in has the ability to differentiate between the statement of one person, and the opinions of a very large and varied group of people? This is something you teach a kid when they are very small. Just because one person does X, doesn't mean everyone does. You'd have to be the most oversensitive or socially inept person out there not to understand it, especially with the amount of fit throwing that accompanies the examples from here... like the one in the Washington DC folder not long ago, can't remember what it was now. it was accompanied by pages and pages of righteous indignation.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there were certain DC pansies here who don't even know what a baseball looks like.

So slurs about the homosexual population are ok with you then? I'm just trying to figure out the list of which groups can be slurred and which can't.

Jilly
07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
So far as I am aware, Ms. Jilly, this is the last place on planet Earth where you can say whatever you wish without fear of being labeled a "Mr. Rain Man" or a "Mr. Donger".

One of the biggest problems in our culture is that we've become overly- and ultra-sensitive to other people's "feelings". This leads to societal wishy-washiness which, in turn, leads to inaction which, in turn, leads to malaise and acceptance of anything and anybody regardless of who they are or what they do. That isn't right.

FAX

I'm pretty certain that society is far from being ultra-sensitive to people's "feelings".

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
So slurs about the homosexual population are ok with you then? I'm just trying to figure out the list of which groups can be slurred and which can't.

Do you actually have to be gay to be a pansy? I'm really not sure.

Perhaps you should ask patteeu.

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 02:34 PM

Red-Headed Spics are fine. Buck-Toothed Chinks are out-of-bounds. AND!!!! Don't even think about commenting on freckled ****ers with small dicks......

However, if you want to call Italian's, Pizza Nigger's, that's fine.

:evil:

Jilly
07-01-2009, 02:36 PM
is it that off putting and that much of an infringement on people's freedom to ask that we stop being so sensitive when others speak? It's so disappointing that this sample of humanity is unwilling to even give, what I see, as just a little so that others may speak more freely, without being clobbered by the overly sensitive in our society.

So, why is it that you're right and I'm wrong?

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Do you actually have to be gay to be a pansy? I'm really not sure.

Perhaps you should ask patteeu.

Well, it is one of the definitions. I mean, if we're going to play the P.C. game, let's go whole hog*.

* Note that "hog" would also be offensive and would have to be censored as a result, as one definition of it is clearly an insult to individuals. Obviously people with "hog" in their screen names would have to change them.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Red-Headed Spics are fine. Buck-Toothed Chinks are out-of-bounds. AND!!!! Don't even think about commenting on freckled ****ers with small dicks......

However, if you want to call Italian's, Pizza ****er's, that's fine.

:evil:

Hang on, let me get this all down. There are just so many to decide about. I figure that if we really apply ourselves, we can ban about half the words in the English language.

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 02:41 PM

:spock:

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Well, it is one of the definitions. I mean, if we're going to play the P.C. game, let's go whole hog*.

* Note that "hog" would also be offensive and would have to be censored as a result, as one definition of it is clearly an insult to individuals. Obviously people with "hog" in their screen names would have to change them.

I'm trying to think of a way to respond to this, but your avatar is wrecking my concentration.

Katipan
07-01-2009, 02:42 PM

That would be stupid since hog in this context has nothing to do with being fat or anything else you were trying to imply. Unless you're trying to imply it insults butchers or Andrew Jackson.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:42 PM

Because we live in a country where there's a right to free speech and there's not a right to not be offended?

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:45 PM
That would be stupid since hog in this context has nothing to do with being fat or anything else you were trying to imply. Unless you're trying to imply it insults butchers or Andrew Jackson.

Not at all. Most words that are insults have less 'offensive' meanings, depending upon context. We simply can't take that chance. Everything must go. It's like a store closing sale. Hell, we really need to ban Niger, just in case someone misreads it. That could be offensive too. After all, remember what happened because of "****ardly"?

Edit: Seriously, you can't put in "N i g g a r d l y" and get past the censor?

Hell, that made my point better than I was doing myself, I think.

Fish
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM

That's the problem. It's impossible to separate. If we were to limit any and all language deemed "offensive", it would be never-ending. People would simply find more and more absurd bullshit to be offended over. We would eventually "Politically correct" ourselves into a corner.

Katipan
07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Not at all. Most words that are insults have less 'offensive' meanings, depending upon context. We simply can't take that chance. Everything must go. It's like a store closing sale. Hell, we really need to ban Niger, just in case someone misreads it. That could be offensive too. After all, remember what happened because of "****ardly"?

There is no offensive meaning to the word hog in this context. If you are using the phrase whole hog wrong, you are just an idiot.

I fully endorse censoring idiots with a gag ball.

No idea what happened with niggardly. You should write a report.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Because we live in a country where there's a right to free speech and there's not a right to not be offended?

So if you get censored or banned from a single, privately-owned internet bulletin board, exactly what constitutional right of yours is being trampled upon?

I mean, I've never been banned, but I'm pretty sure that when you get banned, Kyle doesn't come to your house, rip out your modem and staple your mouth shut.

CoMoChief
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM

You're not racist for calling someone a faqqot.

Jilly
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM

then it must be ok for you that Fred Phelps pickets dead soldiers' funerals with signs that say God hates fags...and it MUST be ok for you that vans drive around with pictures of bloody aborted babies....and it MUST be ok for you that some guy can yell FUCKING CUNT in your child's ear or that the KKK can hang dummies of black people in their front yards.... well, because if wasn't ok for you, then that would mean you're just overly sensitive and against freedom.

I'm ok with free speech, but what I'm not OK with is just throwing free speech around so that anyone can say or do anything. I feel and of course this is JUST my opinion, that we do damage with our language and I am not ok with that. I am not OK with calling someone the N word as a joke or in any manner or that if a black person is offended by it, it just means they need to buck up and act like "men".

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
So if you get censored or banned from a single, privately-owned internet bulletin board, exactly what constitutional right of yours is being trampled upon?

I mean, I've never been banned, but I'm pretty sure that when you get banned, Kyle doesn't come to your house, rip out your modem and staple your mouth shut.

No. But she asked a question about why one is right and the other is wrong and I pointed out the anchor for the position. However, your point is well taken because the entire "freedom of speech" argument is non-applicable since this is a private board. That eliminates the need for this thread entirely.

Let's just have the siteowner make his own personal list of words he doesn't like and make them all bannable. I just hope that he's got nothing against the words "is" "a" "the" or "tits", because this board will become unreadable if he does.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM
then it must be ok for you that Fred Phelps pickets dead soldiers' funerals with signs that say God hates fags...and it MUST be ok for you that vans drive around with pictures of bloody aborted babies....and it MUST be ok for you that some guy can yell FUCKING CUNT in your child's ear or that the KKK can hang dummies of black people in their front yards.... well, because if wasn't ok for you, then that would mean you're just overly sensitive and against freedom.

I'm ok with free speech, but what I'm not OK with is just throwing free speech around so that anyone can say or do anything. I feel and of course this is JUST my opinion, that we do damage with our language and I am not ok with that. I am not OK with calling someone the N word as a joke or in any manner or that if a black person is offended by it, it just means they need to buck up and act like "men".

BRAVO :clap:

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
You're not racist for calling someone a faqqot.

You're not racist for calling someone a Mick, Dago, Frog, Kraut, Jap or Chink either, since the group being insulted isn't a race. I'm not sure that really moves the discussion forward though.

kcxiv
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM

lol, like you didnt know this thread would get crazy as soon as you created it? haha

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 02:59 PM
then it must be ok for you that Fred Phelps pickets dead soldiers' funerals with signs that say God hates pillowbiters...and it MUST be ok for you that vans drive around with pictures of bloody aborted babies....and it MUST be ok for you that some guy can yell ****ING **** in your child's ear or that the KKK can hang dummies of black people in their front yards.... well, because if wasn't ok for you, then that would mean you're just overly sensitive and against freedom.

Yes, actually, it is "ok" for most of those things. However, the KKK one is a trespass of property, so it's not. Also, while someone can 'yell' something into my child's ear, that's only true if he's not doing it in a way that can result in hearing problems. That pulls it out of the realm of just speech, after all, and into physical injury.

Then you're not ok with free speech.

Fish
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
then it must be ok for you that Fred Phelps pickets dead soldiers' funerals with signs that say God hates pillowbiters...and it MUST be ok for you that vans drive around with pictures of bloody aborted babies....and it MUST be ok for you that some guy can yell ****ING **** in your child's ear or that the KKK can hang dummies of black people in their front yards.... well, because if wasn't ok for you, then that would mean you're just overly sensitive and against freedom.

Umm... that is the definition of free speech and all... minus the "or do" part.

And you have to remember that something like this is impossible to regulate or enforce. Would you like the government to hire officers to enforce proper speech? How do you see that going over with the public?

At some point we've got to reach the "sticks and stones" level of social understanding. Because "Being nice and thoughtful of others" is obviously too difficult for our species to figure out.

Jilly
07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Umm... that is the definition of free speech and all... minus the "or do" part.

And you have to remember that something like this is impossible to regulate or enforce. Would you like the government to hire officers to enforce proper speech? How do you see that going over with the public?

At some point we've got to reach the "sticks and stones" level of social understanding. Because "Being nice and thoughtful of others" is obviously too difficult for our species to figure out.

point taken. I don't like free speech. I think we all should wear muzzles or ball gags....

for myself, I prefer the ball gag....with handcuffs too, in case I decide to talk with something besides my mouth

Jilly
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes, actually, it is "ok" for most of those things. However, the KKK one is a trespass of property, so it's not. Also, while someone can 'yell' something into my child's ear, that's only true if he's not doing it in a way that can result in hearing problems. That pulls it out of the realm of just speech, after all, and into physical injury.

Then you're not ok with free speech.

That makes no sense, the KKK thing, it's in THEIR yard which is private property, so I guess they can hang whatever they want in their front yard. And say he whispers fucking cunt into your child's ear....

I guess it's all okay then.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't know how often other people here actually have to see those giant abortion sign fuckers, but they definitely like to make the rounds up here in Chicago. I ask you - what percentage of people walking to the train station after a day at work are actually (a) pregnant and considering an abortion, or (b) the man responsible for impregnating a women who is considering abortion? I don't have stats, but let's say, one person out of 100? That's 1%. DO THE OTHER 99% OF US WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ABORTION WHATSOEVER HAVE TO SEE THAT SHIT? Do the children coming home from a Cubs game who look at those signs and cry have to see them? Do they deserve the nightmares they'll have later?

Now, does anybody really think this is what our Founding Fathers had in mind?

rad
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
You're not racist for calling someone a Mick, Dago, Frog, Kraut, Jap or Chink either, since the group being insulted isn't a race. I'm not sure that really moves the discussion forward though.

Actually, Japs and Chinks belong to racial designation called Mongoloids.

Micks, Dagos, Frogs, and Krauts are Caucasian.

They count as races too.

Jilly
07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know how often other people here actually have to see those giant abortion sign ****ers, but they definitely like to make the rounds up here in Chicago. I ask you - what percentage of people walking to the train station after a day at work are actually (a) pregnant and considering an abortion, or (b) the man responsible for impregnating a women who is considering abortion? I don't have stats, but let's say, one person out of 100? That's 1%. DO THE OTHER 99% OF US WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ABORTION WHATSOEVER HAVE TO SEE THAT SHIT? Do the children coming home from a Cubs game who look at those signs and cry have to see them? Do they deserve the nightmares they'll have later?

freedom hater

Frazod
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
freedom hater

Yes, I've been told that. :D

rad
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't know how often other people here actually have to see those giant abortion sign ****ers, but they definitely like to make the rounds up here in Chicago. I ask you - what percentage of people walking to the train station after a day at work are actually (a) pregnant and considering an abortion, or (b) the man responsible for impregnating a women who is considering abortion? I don't have stats, but let's say, one person out of 100? That's 1%. DO THE OTHER 99% OF US WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ABORTION WHATSOEVER HAVE TO SEE THAT SHIT? Do the children coming home from a Cubs game who look at those signs and cry have to see them? Do they deserve the nightmares they'll have later?

That's a good point.

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 03:10 PM
I

I hardly think our Founding Fathers had an inkling as to what our society would look like some 230+ yrs later.

wild1
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm ok with free speech, but what I'm not OK with is just throwing free speech around so that anyone can say or do anything.

The public education system, ladies and gentlemen

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM

ROFL

Bob Dole
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I hardly think our Founding Fathers had an inkling as to what our society would look like some 230+ yrs later.

If they did, they'd currently be scouting out locations for their new nation.

tooge
07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok, you guys are splitting hairs. The concept of free speech is there to make sure that you can voice your opinion without retribution. You know, so that the govt. doesn't start loppin off everyones head that doesn't like what they are doing. That concept is quite a bit different than someone walking up and yelling directly in my kids ear. That's called assault and I bet I would be allowed to knock them down if they did it. As far as hanging effigies of african americans in your yard, well, you should be allowed to, and then you should be allowed to call the cops when you are being chased down some alley for doing so. Be reasonable here. Just like there is a price point at which most consumers will buy something, above which most wont. There is a breaking point for everything. Hanging effigies in your front yard is beyond the breaking point of most people and isn't considered right. Doesn't mean its illegal. Use common sense. If there is one thing that has been missing for a long time in the US, it is that. Common sense.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
That makes no sense, the KKK thing, it's in THEIR yard which is private property, so I guess they can hang whatever they want in their front yard. And say he whispers ****ing **** into your child's ear....

I guess it's all okay then.

Ok, you had "black people in their front yards", so I though you meant that they were hanging it in the front yard of the black people.

If they're doing it in their own, personal, kkk yards, it's free speech and I'm "ok" with that.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 03:17 PM

I assume they'd be horrified.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Actually, Japs and Chinks belong to racial designation called Mongoloids.

Micks, Dagos, Frogs, and Krauts are Caucasian.

They count as races too.

Actually, Japs are Japanese people. That's a nationality, not a race. Chinks are Chinese people, same thing. Micks are Irish, same thing. Dagos are Italians, same thing. Frogs are French, same thing. Krauts are Germans, same thing.

The slope gets mightly slippery......

Katipan
07-01-2009, 03:20 PM

I think they would acknowledge that we're still a baby as a society with the emotional equivilent of gochief's pussy crusade.

FAX
07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty certain that society is far from being ultra-sensitive to people's "feelings".

Well, it may seem that way at times, Ms. Jilly.

Nevertheless, there are sensitivity classes being conducted in public elementary schools. Clearly, there is a general movement afoot which is attempting to foster societal acceptance of certain groups regardless of their behavior. Interestingly (and as you have eloquently stated on this thread), those efforts only seem to benefit certain pre-selected categories of people.

In the meantime, the God-given rights of the Crude and Thoughtless are being trampled.

FAX

Frazod
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I think they would acknowledge that we're still a baby as a society with the emotional equivilent of gochief's pussy crusade.

Some might.

But I think Jefferson would just throw himself in front of the nearest eco-friendly commuter bus. :D

ChiTown
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM

Yes, but let's also remember, many of these "Founding Father's" were also slave owners in their time. How appalling a thought is that? They also had no use for women other than keeping the home, sex and breeding. Founding Fathers, indeed.........

Jilly
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM

I can admit that that sentence does not clearly reflect what I meant. And I believe this statement from you is more a reflection on your stupidity than mine.

For further clarification, I don't believe that the amendment in the constitution granting free speech is meant to be an amendment that we hide behind as a shield for saying nasty things to each other for no good reason. And I believe, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams probably didn't encounter the nastiness that is speech in our world today. Moreover, that amendment was meant in conjunction with things we say about government. But hey, I only went to grad school. I probably don't know anything anyway.

Frazod
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Yes, but let's also remember, many of these "Founding Father's" were also slave owners in their time. How appalling a thought is that? They also had no use for women other than keeping the home, sex and breeding. Founding Fathers, indeed.........

The slave owner part is true for several, but the women thing is not. Washington, Hamilton, Madison and especially Adams were very close to their wives. Jefferson was also devoted to his wife, but she died young (and her death devastated him). Franklin was the only one of the founders who really dissed his wife, and that was primarily by his extended, unrepentant absence.

These were extraordinary people, and tended to have extraordinary wives.

FAX
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM

... giving rise to the phrase, "Who's your founding daddy now?".

FAX

patteeu
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I hope the feedback from this thread was helpful to you, DaFace. I think all dissent and colorful language could be eliminated (except maybe gay slurs and the occasional "neocon") if only a mild mannered guy like Ali Khamenei, frazod or Vlad Putin were put in charge.