PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scouting Report - Pre-season #1

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Caught snippets of the Ravens/Redskins game last night. A few impressions:

Ravens 23 - Redskins 0

Ravens:

Ravens game (Week 1) looks like a toss-up at this time. Their defense is, as usual, their strong point.

1st Team offense moved the ball pretty well but drives ended in FGs.
1st Team defense looks pretty good as you might expect.
2nd Team looked real good*
Scrubs looked like scrubs

Ravens amassed over 500 yards offense against the Redskins.

Redskins:

Barring major disasters, mark this game down as a win. Redskins look disorganized, multiple turnovers, just didn't seem to have their heart into the game. Their defense might make last year's Chiefs defense look like pro-bowlers across the board. Yeah, they looked that bad.

Offense - Had a number of 3 and outs. Two nice drives snuffed out by turnovers.
Defense - Their secondary looks completely lost. Flacco threw for 104 yards against them and Troy Smith threw for 220 against them.

I'll try to catch the whole Ravens game next weekend, since their 1st team should play more of the game and give a more in-depth report.

KCDC
08-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I saw the game. The Redskins defense seemed to think that the referee was protecting the middle, so the middle linebacker decided to go elsewhere, leaving the middle of the field for an automatic 10-15 yard Ravens completion. ;) The Redskins defensive miscues made the Ravens look very good.

Actually, Pendergast would be wise to show the game tape to his own defense, so that they can see what can happen when there is miscommunication between CBs and safeties, and defenders are out of position. Orakpo looked pretty good for the Skins.

Buehler445
08-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Orakpo looked pretty good for the Skins.

Really? Interesting. After seeing him play for UT I wasn't terribly impressed.

What team was he playing with (I know the Skiins, but 1st, 2nd etc.)
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
08-14-2009, 09:28 AM
The Ravens game is going to be ugly, maybe not the final score b/c the Baltimore offense isn't prolific, but, physically, they're going to beat the shit out of KC.

CoMoChief
08-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I actually think Troy Smith would be a hell of a QB in this league. Don't see why some team like the Vikings doesn't pick him up.

Mr. Krab
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Starting the season against the Ravens isn't a good thing. We are going to be beat up starting week 2 instead of week 6.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Actually, I don't think this Ravens defense is quite as physical as the ones in the past. But, I expect to know more as pre-season goes along. Ravens have quite a few people out of TC with injuries already (2 of their top 4 receivers were out).

Which really points out how bad the Skin's D was.