PDA

View Full Version : Expect at Least 4 Personal Fouls Sunday

htismaqe
10-21-2000, 04:15 AM
Well, if a finger wag by Hicks is taunting, you can almost bet the house that KC is going to be used as an example again.

<a href="http://www.postnet.com/postnet/stories.nsf/Home/446921D77F51C8318625697E006F595E?OpenDocument&Headline=BERNIE%20BITS%3A%20Rams%20complain%20to%20league%20about%20attacks%20on %20Warner">Rams Whine, "Other Teams Touch Our Quarterback"</a>

BroncoFan
10-21-2000, 04:51 AM
Honorable Mr Dole-I don't really think it is whining. Actually if you had watched every game as I have, and watched objectively, you would probably agree, they do go for Kurt's knees, and often. Any more so than any other QB? I'm not sure, I just know he gets hit ALOT and gets up after every one. If only EG were half as tough.

htismaqe
10-21-2000, 04:58 AM
Perhaps it was a little harsh on Bob Dole's part, and perhaps Bob Dole is not being completely objective (since Bob Dole feels that whole "QB slide" thing is wimpy).

Bob Dole has not really watched the Rams this year, so cannot comment on the validity of the complaint. Bob Dole knows, however, that the Hicks finger-wagging-is-taunting-and-we're-going-to-make-a-statement call in the Seattle game was a fat load of hooey, and does not look forward to seeing another example Sunday.

We're probably going to give up large chunks of yards due to Spurt's defensive scheme, the Rams' speed and talent, and our substandard tackling. We certainly can't afford to give up 15 yard chunks so the NFL can illustrate a point (and Bob Dole bets you're going to see it happen).

Mi_chief_fan
10-21-2000, 06:44 AM
Good morning Senator and Kurt,
I too, have not seen a Rams game this year, so I'll assume the coaches complaints are valid since I have read nothing about any other coach filing a similar complaint. If teams have been going to extra lengths taking cheap shots at Warner, then they should be penalized. There's absolutely no excuse for that crap, and I have to believe the Chiefs will not stoop to that level. If they do, they deserve every flag they get AND a thorough butt-whooping.
But here's the other side: officials should NOT go to extra lengths to scrutinize every hit on Warner (and he's gonna get some!) just because he is Kurt Warner.
And quite frankly, the "taunting' rule makes me want to throw up. PC is getting ridiculous. Next thing you know, officials will have an earpiece linked to a shotgun mike directed at the line of scrimmage, and if Hicks says something about the center's momma, he'll get flagged for 15.

Mi_chief_fan
10-21-2000, 06:57 AM
Good morning Senator and Kurt,
I too, have not seen a Rams game this year, so I'll assume the coaches complaints are valid since I have read nothing about any other coach filing a similar complaint. If teams have been going to extra lengths taking cheap shots at Warner, then they should be penalized. There's absolutely no excuse for that crap, and I have to believe the Chiefs will not stoop to that level. If they do, they deserve every flag they get AND a thorough butt-whooping.
But here's the other side: officials should NOT go to extra lengths to scrutinize every hit on Warner (and he's gonna get some!) just because he is Kurt Warner.
And quite frankly, the "taunting' rule makes me want to throw up. PC is getting ridiculous. Next thing you know, officials will have an earpiece linked to a shotgun mike directed at the line of scrimmage, and if Hicks says something about the center's momma, he'll get flagged for 15.

Mi_chief_fan
10-21-2000, 07:02 AM
Sorry for the double post. Is there an echo in here?

Mi_chief_fan
10-21-2000, 07:02 AM
Sorry for the double post. Is there an echo in here?

htismaqe
10-21-2000, 08:52 AM
Bob Dole would agree that any flagrant abuse of any player should be flagged.

Bob Dole's concern is that we're going to see the "Warner passes, Hicks gets there one step later, gives a shove and Warner falls down flailing" personal foul type of crap.

AustinChief
10-21-2000, 09:03 AM
I remember the same crying with Elway for a couple of years.... and with Aikman. It is normal. You (the opposing team) see the QB as a threat and are quick to discount an extra step. They (the opposing QB's) are quick to cry because they realize that their season hinges on his health - so they are quick to see an extra step where there is none.

AustinChief
10-21-2000, 09:05 AM
Warrior is right, while running from the end zone to the 50 yard line wastes to much time and should be penalized as delay of game, there is nothing wrong with "I JUST KICKED YOUR REAR".

Our players can deal drugs and associate with killers, but they cant say "I am better than you are"

King_Chief_Fan
10-21-2000, 09:21 AM
Every year the NFL has it's little Darling...this year it is KW. The rules that produce an air show are being perfectly produced by this Rams team. The NFL will not jeopordize this...Look at the Schedules for the Rams and Donxs after the SB victories. Look at our schedule, look at Buffalo's, Tenneesee and the Bucs.

I hope we don't get hoculi agian. Is Madden doing this game? Surprised it's on Fox.

htismaqe
10-21-2000, 09:24 AM
Bob Dole is just glad Elway retired so we don't get that "The crowd has to quiet down" crap he used to pull.

Anyone seen else seen a QB whine for quiet since his retirement?

10-21-2000, 09:28 AM
Mr Dole,
I believe Greasy did it at arrowhead last year, ala' Elway.

BroncoFan
10-21-2000, 05:48 PM
MR Dole, I did get a chance to watch one of the Rams games that I have on tape today in between interuptions. It was the Chargers/Rams of a few weeks ago. I saw a cheap shot on KW before the first quarter was over. Get this, it was delivered by none other than the KC beloved Neil Smith. (I guess he knew that the Chiefs were coming up for the Rams and was trying to help out.)

htismaqe
10-22-2000, 06:24 AM
Wasn't Smith flagged for that one?