PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nicky Athan: Denver & KC talking about a Marshall-for-Croyle trade

Pages : [1] 2

BigRock
08-19-2009, 09:19 PM
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

OK, I'm better. Wait, no.

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL
ROFL

For the record, the "rumor" is Brodie and one of our #2's to Denver for Marshall. And I saw this on the Mane, so blame them if it's premium info:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83207

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
LMAO.

Reaper16
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
LMAO

Sure-Oz
08-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Now that is funny stuff, Croyle definetly would be the center piece of that trade.

dirk digler
08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
LMAO

Sure-Oz
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm sure the Jets have a 2nd rounder and Kellen Clemens deal already offered, we're fucked

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM
ROFL

T-post Tom
08-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Would make sense for the Chiefs, but it'll never happen. Inter-division trades just aren't that common in the AFC West. Statistically, I'm more likely to have a threesome with Adriana Lima and Kelly Brooke. And we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Then again...if WPI said it, it must be true. Right?

dirk digler
08-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Athan must have came up with this trade from his couch

Sure-Oz
08-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Athan must have came up with this trade from his couch

His information and sources are better from afar than within arrowhead. i'm sure the cockroach on his floor that told him also starred in 'joes apartment'.

pr_capone
08-19-2009, 09:32 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

ChiefJustice
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
:evil: They are flipping out over at the Mane.

Dante84
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
HOLY FUCK!!!!

A TALKING HIPPO!!!!

Dante84
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry, I thought we were just spewing random statements on this thread.

DaFace
08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
ROFL

I wonder if Nick will lose even MORE credibility now that he's "not holding anything back." This falls right in line with some of the other insane crap he said he'd not reported in the other thread.

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
denver giving away a young 100 catch a year WR to their division rival?

huh?

since when do they care if players beat the shit out of women?

Dante84
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
denver giving away a young 100 catch a year WR to their division rival?

huh?

since when do they care if players beat the shit out of women?

Lord knows we don't.

pr_capone
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
ROFL

I wonder if Nick will lose even MORE credibility now that he's "not holding anything back."

I was not aware he had any left to lose.

Just Passin' By
08-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I was not aware he had any left to lose.

Well, not now...

Simply Red
08-19-2009, 09:43 PM
heh, the economy is rough right now. Look at NASCAR. :rolleyes:

kcpasco
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
ROFL At Denver if they did that

But having Bowe and Marshall would be awesome

Simply Red
fuck popcorn, I'm breakin' out the Spicy Nacho Doritos.

DeezNutz
Fuck you, Pioli. I know your secrets111

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 09:45 PM
This whole fiasco is beautiful just from a watching the Minge completely blow their fucking gaskets perspective. They are on full on melt down mode over there. I highly suggest reading the linked thread in the OP.

LMAO ROFL

GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pr_capone
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM
**** popcorn, I'm breakin' out the Spicy Nacho Doritos.

Damn you.

Now I'm craving Spicy Nacho Doritos.

RedThat
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I seriously think it would be a good idea to trade one of our 2nd rounders for a good WR, whether its Marshall or not, this team should give every opportunity for Cassel to succeed.

Im ok with Toomer, Engram, and Bradley..But even better when they can upgrade the talent? It's not like this team can't do it because they can. They have the money without a doubt, and the picks to give up...losing Gonzalez hurts, and they should try to at least replace his production someway. Im tired of the chiefs being passive and the nonaggressors alot of the times.

*what will be the excuse? doesn't fit the Pioli/haley mold? blah

KcKing
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
This whole fiasco is beautiful just from a watching the Minge completely blow their fucking gaskets perspective. They are on full on melt down mode over there. I highly suggest reading the linked thread in the OP.

LMAO ROFL

GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you post some of the gems here? I have nothing to offer except gratitude for you for helping entertain me from this nice hospital room... (Wife had a baby)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Regardless if Assclown reported this or not... I wouldnt want to give up our best backup and leave us with that junk QB Thigpen...

I would love to have Marshall, but not at the expense of leaving us nothing to fall back on in a backup QB...

Simply Red
08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
**** you, Pioli. I know your secrets111

I seriously almost pissed myself.ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Could you post some of the gems here? I have nothing to offer except gratitude for you for helping entertain me from this nice hospital room... (Wife had a baby)
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumb:

Congrats to you sir! I hope all is well with the family and Mrs KcKing?

To good health :cheers:

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
i'm not against it, he and lj can go out and beat up women together, and then blog about it..

but why the f would denver trade him to us for a 2nd and a glass vagina?

Reerun_KC
ROFL At Denver if they did that

But having Bowe and Marshall would be awesome

This....

can we offer Junkpen and a second rounder?

Dante84
Hypothetically, if this happened, who would we sign as our new back up? because Thiggy wouldn't be an option. He's a 3 at best.

RedThat
08-19-2009, 09:52 PM
i'm not against it, he and lj can go out and beat up women together, and then blog about it..

but why the f would denver trade him to us for a 2nd and a glass vagina?

because nick athan said so

Reerun_KC
Hypothetically, if this happened, who would we sign as our new back up? because Thiggy wouldn't be an option. He's a 3 at best.

More like practice squad at best...

The guy is as accurate as a Nick Athan premium article...

the Talking Can
Regardless if Assclown reported this or not... I wouldnt want to give up our best backup and leave us with that junk QB Thigpen...

I would love to have Marshall, but not at the expense of leaving us nothing to fall back on in a backup QB...

you wouldn't want to shore up our weakest position on the team with an in his prime 100 catch wr for a 2nd and a tackling dummy?

pr_capone
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I would much rather try and pry an OL off another team with that 2nd than picking up another WR.

Don't get me wrong. If we can get Marshall or Boldin for Croyle and a 2nd then huzzah but that is doubtful.

A C, RG, or RT HAS to be the priority if KC is serious about protecting its investment in Cassel.

Engram, Toomer, and Bradley can handle the #2 spot for this season and even perhaps the next making it possible to get that permanent #2 by draft or free agency. Shit... we might be the luckiest fuckers on the planet and Lelie actually responds to Haley and there won't be a need at WR after all.

RustShack
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM

Well according to everyone here Croyle is just glass who will get hurt, and Thigpen is way better than him anyways. You are probably being sarcastic, but I'm a Croyle fan anyways. That said I'd probably still make the trade and hope Croyle is still glass after.

KcKing
:thumb:

Congrats to you sir! I hope all is well with the family and Mrs KcKing?

To good health :cheers:

All is well, and somehow... Everyone is getting a fair amount of sleep except me... haha
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
Will someone please post highlights?

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
you wouldn't want to shore up our weakest position on the team with an in his prime 100 catch wr for a 2nd and a tackling dummy?

I would love to, but that would leave us Mark Castle and no one else....

Would automatically make the QB the weakest spot on the roster...

Boon
I'll just wait until the screenplay comes out.

Reerun_KC
Well according to everyone here Croyle is just glass who will get hurt, and Thigpen is way better than him anyways. You are probably being sarcastic, but I'm a Croyle fan anyways. That said I'd probably still make the trade and hope Croyle is still glass after.

I would take Croyle and his risk of an injury any day any time over Junkpen....

Reaper16
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Eh, we could just sign, like, Tavaris Jackson when he gets cut or some shit.

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM

You're not serious?

I'd trade a single second-rounder for Marshall in a heartbeat. We're not giving up anything else. There is no other NFL player involved in this deal.

pr_capone
08-19-2009, 09:57 PM

You are forgetting that Gutz is on the roster too.

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 09:57 PM

who cares?

if cassel goes down the season is fucked anyways

you're saying backup QB, a non-starter, is more important than a legit #1 WR to pair with Bowe?

we'll have to disagree on that one....

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Eh, we could just sign, like, Tavaris Jackson when he gets cut or some shit.

exactly, there are always options...

Reerun_KC
You're not serious?

I'd trade a single second-rounder for Marshall in a heartbeat. We're not giving up anything else. There is no other NFL player involved in this deal.

Fair enough... and I agree with you to a point...

It would be the best for the team, but we would HAVE to go out and get another QB.....

No freaking chance in hell would I trust Thigpen to lead this team...

DeezNutz
Jackson, unfortunately, would be a better option than the Mr. Glass or Mr. Wobble.

Dante84
Hey everyone, check out my thread at WI before it gets pulled :)

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
who cares?

if cassel goes down the season is ****ed anyways

you're saying backup QB, a non-starter, is more important than a legit #1 WR to pair with Bowe?

we'll have to disagree on that one....

I would make the trade and live with the results good or bad. It would be a trade that would haved to be made... You have to give Mark Castle the tools to succeed and allow him to sink or swim.

DeezNutz
Fair enough... and I agree with you to a point...

It would be the best for the team, but we would HAVE to go out and get another QB.....

No freaking chance in hell would I trust Thigpen to lead this team...

I'm all for bringing someone else in right now.

Thigpen and Croyle are dead to me as NFL players.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Irish Stout (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4563) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2514034", true); </script>
Well... at least I'm here

<center> Where is the beer?</center>

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

<!-- icon and title --> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/icons/icon1.gif
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I tried to find the site, I don't subscribe to scout.com, but it looks like its coming from http://kan.scout.com/2/889926.html (http://kan.scout.com/2/889926.html) WPI in other words.... didn't we just have a thread on their credibility?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

pr_capone
Hey everyone, check out my thread at WI before it gets pulled :)

link?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:01 PM
I would make the trade and live with the results good or bad. It would be a trade that would haved to be made... You have to give Mark Castle the tools to succeed and allow him to sink or swim.

ROFLROFLROFL I LOVE IT! It stays!

Dante84
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=4628975

LaChapelle
08-19-2009, 10:03 PM
WTF is War Pain Illustrated?

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm all for bringing someone else in right now.

Thigpen and Croyle are dead to me as NFL players.

As bad as I hate to admit I was wrong about Croyle...

I think your probably right.... He has the talent, just the body cant take the NFL game...

the Talking Can
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
fwiw, i can't fathom this happening....Haley would torture denver with bowe and marshall...it just makes no sense for denver at all

flipping Tony for Marshall would epic*

*assuming marshall can hold off on beating up women for a few years

88TG88
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
best offseason evar !

Reerun_KC
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
fwiw, i can't fathom this happening....Haley would torture denver with bowe and marshall...it just makes no sense for denver at all

It would be a trade that could define his young GM tenure..

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
OH GOD; IT'S THE GREATEST THREAD EVAH!!!!

colonelbeef (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4362) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register(&quot;postmenu_2514060&quot;, true); </script>
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/icons/icon1.gif
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> nothing would surprise me at this point. The engine already blew up, might as well sink this ****er

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ChiefJustice
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
From the Mane :

You want to see a guy flip on the new regime, make this trade happen.McD would die in that scenarioI have been nothing but supportive of the new regime to this point, but if this happens I will have to really think about it

Brodie ****ing Croyle?

why?

the only thing I can surmise from this if it is true is that McD and Pioli are working a relationship deal, but for ****'s sake don't send a disgruntled player with talent to a ****ING DIVISIONAL RIVAL

Bowe and Marshall...**** my lifeIt's like McD is on a personal vendatta to thoroughly destroy the team we love..... every move of his has been just mind blowing..... wow.....nothing would surprise me at this point. The engine already blew up, might as well sink this ****erThis would probably be enough for me to tender my resignation as a fan...ROFL

Chiefshrink
08-19-2009, 10:11 PM
LOLOLOL!! No way in hell McDaniels allows a divisional trade especially Marshall to the Chiefs???? Bowe and Marshall? No way McKid allows that especially allowing his boy Cassel who he developed throwing to these guys? LOLOLOL!!!

But hey! McKid traded away Cutler a franchise QB so who knows????

soundmind
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Will not happen. That post about the Jets is spot on, and they are way more likely to pull the trigger. While I think we could see a move for a WR at some point, our bigger concern offensively is that line. Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would look like sh*t behind this protection...everyone but Albert could go and I wouldn't be sad about it.

Brace yourselves boys, this is gonna be a long year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
<table id="post2514063" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: none none none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 0px 0px 1px;" width="175"> Meck77 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=71) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2514063", true); </script>
Ring of Famer

<center> Gone fishing</center>

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_2514063" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(255, 0, 0);"> <!-- icon and title --> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/icons/icon1.gif
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by colonelbeef http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2514060#post2514060)
nothing would surprise me at this point. The engine already blew up, might as well sink this ****er
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
How bout them Giants?
<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 0, 0) rgb(255, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px;"> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/reputation.php?p=2514063) <script type="text/javascript"> vbrep_register("2514063")</script> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/report.php?p=2514063) </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(255, 0, 0) rgb(255, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2514063)</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thank you Orange Mane!!!!!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Someone shoot me

I will leave the Orangemane if we do this trade

You want to see a guy flip on the new regime, make this trade happen.

LMAO One of my favs here. How 'bout "No ****ing way"!!! I've been cautiously optimistic about this new regime but if this goes down as rumored, I just may wind up w/ the anti-McDaniels crowd.

But just to play devil's advocate, why not? Croyle has a strong arm...™ :approve:

nothing would surprise me at this point. The engine already blew up, might as well sink this ****er

This would probably be enough for me to tender my resignation as a fan...

If this goes down, I will no longer support the new regime.

The circus never ends at Dove Valley.

I have read a ton of rumors and this one makes me almost sick to my stomach

I pray to the God's this is not at all true

LaChapelle
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
The Denver Airport lobby will be covered in cheeseburger wrapers.

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM

I just threw a drink in my own face and smacked myself.

Fucking Bowe and Marshall for nothing? Fuck me.

soundmind
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM

You can't be serious....

MATT Cassel (spelled correctly) is our starter. A top flight WR is easily worth that trade, because we can call a limitless list of candidates to be a backup.

And it won't happen anyway. Inside the division, with Pioli, and giving up Marshall and Cutler in the same offseason??? Does anyone actually think that's even possible?

.....however, this does make that rumor (around draft time) that Pioli had spent time in Denver and spoke with the Donkeys a little more intriguing in the make-believe sense....

Dante84
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
You can't be serious....

MATT Cassel (spelled correctly)

Call me crazy, but I think he did that intentionally.

Just maybe.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
LMAO as if we're going to trade our front runner starter for a headcase like Brandon Marshall. Mark Castle needs to step up to the line every snap and show he has the ability to show the young guys how to do it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I just threw a drink in my own face and smacked myself.

Fucking Bowe and Marshall for nothing? Fuck me.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 10:21 PM
LMAO

I heard they may throw in Ashley Lelie to seal the deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:21 PM
LMAO as if we're going to trade our front runner starter for a headcase like Brandon Marshall. Mark Castle needs to step up to the line every snap and show he has the ability to show the young guys how to do it.

ROFL REP!!!!!

BigChiefFan
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 am EDT

Brandon Marshall tells Broncos again to trade him
By Mark Miller

Brandon Marshall(notes) should be a happy man, right? He was acquitted last week of the misdemeanor battery charge (he supposedly had beaten up on his girlfriend in Atlanta last year). And his hip and hamstring are apparently feeling OK enough for him to suit up and practice on Sunday But there's one thing that is just burning this poor fella up. He's only going to make about $450,000 this year, according to FOXSports.

Marshall and his agent apparently got together with Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels yesterday to let him know that the wide receiver still wants a new contract extension or to be traded. The team reportedly has no plans to change his contract or trade him.

So Marshall didn't practice yesterday and may just hold out till something better comes along. Of course, that means a daily $15,888 fine, which could eat into his $450,000 pretty quickly.

Marshall apparently wants what Roddy White(notes) got from Atlanta Falcons: $48 million over six years. Don't we all, buddy. Don't we all.

Source: Twitter/ESPNFOXSports

RedThat
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
A 2nd and Croyle for Marshall sounds too unrealistic. then again, I would expect this kinda rumor since it comes from athan.

I think realistically to land Marshall, itd prolly take at least 2 2nd rounders, maybe throw in another mid draft pick or another player i.e., Tyler Thigpen...Then realistically I could see it happen.

Im not one of those that would rule a trade like this out, many ppl would because its AFC west rival Broncos, but if the deal is right then why not? it has to be fair value in return for Denver. both KC and Denver have to make each other better for this trade to happen.

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
This is the same organization that dumped Cutler for Aborton...

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
This is the same organization that dumped Cutler for Aborton...

I THINK YOU MEANT AAAAAAN ABORTION!!!11!1!1!!!!eleventy4thenguyen

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I THINK YOU MEANT AAAAAAN ABORTION!!!11!1!1!!!!eleventy4thenguyen

Just chill, brah. Take another hit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_deEYMtCc_-s/SdVmTzHksiI/AAAAAAAADv0/Ml8KQQk7Apg/s400/kyle-orton-stoned.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
08-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Just chill, brah. Take another hit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_deEYMtCc_-s/SdVmTzHksiI/AAAAAAAADv0/Ml8KQQk7Apg/s400/kyle-orton-stoned.jpg

Croyle for Marshall looks better and better all the time in Dove Valley.

BigChiefFan
08-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Some are forgetting Marshall is putting the pressure on to get out of Denver. They are just trying to get something in return because he's disgruntled and wants out, hence NOT PRACTICING and BEING FINED.

I think the Broncos are becoming desperate and actually trying to drum up some interest and would be willing to trade within the division, because from their perspective they see Marshall as a headcase and believe they would be getting rid of a problem.

DeezNutz
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Some are forgetting Marshall is putting the pressure on to get out of Denver. They are just trying to get something in return because he's disgruntled and wants out, hence NOT PRACTICING and BEING FINED.

I think the Broncos are becoming desperate and actually trying to drum up some interest and would be willing to trade within the division, because from their perspective they see Marshall as a headcase and believe they would be getting rid of a problem.

And getting a much bigger one when Haley commences to fist fuck the shit out of the them with a Bowe-Marshall combo.

CosmicPal
08-19-2009, 10:32 PM
He better learn how to read a playbook.

I'll take the trade: A QB who can't stay healthy for a WR who can't understand a playbook? I'll take the WR.

Jerm
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
I want and hope this happens if for nothing else to see Bronco Nation implode and go on mass suicide alert.

The fallout would be epic lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
It's too bad Athan had to leak it, thus making it mathematically impossible.

Nonetheless, it's clear that Marshall's headed out of Denver the same way Cutler did. It starts with poor public relations and moves to trust. I can't say I don't understand Denver's hesitance to give him a huge contract, though. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, they're in the same situation we were with Jared Allen. One screw-up away from a long suspension, near the end of a cheap contract, loaded with talent, etc.

What's he going to report next? Clady for MacIntosh?

Bwana
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
ROFL

What a complete hack.

Dante84
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow, I am up to 44 posts over there.... can't believe I've hung on this long!

stumppy
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
This is one of my favorites from the Mange:

"Has to be a false story. That or McDaniels is really a Belichick assassin sent in to destroy the one team that always gave him trouble."

ROFLROFLROFL

KcKing
08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I know this trade will likely never happen... But if it did, I could see us contending for the west's crown... I had us around 6-10, but we'd most likely beat Denver in Denver, and maybe scratch out another win or two being able to convert 3rd and 6's much better... Bowe and Marshall wide, Toomer in the slot? A Patented Herm Draw play would work with the secondary trying to keep up with all that...

It'd be a good deal for us, too bad it's likely a pipe dream...
Posted via Mobile Device

soundmind
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I think he did that intentionally.

Just maybe.

I know I've seen ReeRun's posts a bunch before so I'm guessing it was done intentionally. At first I was a little troubled, then I realized that this thread deserved that kind of response, and simply nodded.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
When you're hot, you're hot!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9RKIQuiXVrQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9RKIQuiXVrQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefforlife
08-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, I am up to 44 posts over there.... can't believe I've hung on this long!

What did you think would happen? You are entitled to your opinion. Its one that I happen to agree with.

keg in kc
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
You know what would happen. Marshall would come here and suck, maybe be constantly injured, and Croyle would go for 10 years without getting hurt again, and win 3 titles for the donkeys.

That's just the kind of shit that happens to the Chiefs.

DaWolf
08-19-2009, 11:05 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOgrob

Mr. Arrowhead
I would shit my pants if this would happen, this would be one of the most uneven trades in NFL history. A back up qb who cant stay healthy to save his life and a 2nd rounder for a young Pro bowl WR. Bowe and Marshall would be one of the sickest WR tandems in the league. If you try this trade on madden, the computer would decline, thats how unrealistic it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I wonder how much blow ol' Jerry put away back in the day?

Dante84
08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I would shit my pants if this would happen, this would be one of the most uneven trades in NFL history. A back up qb who cant stay healthy to save his life and a 2nd rounder for a young Pro bowl WR. Bowe and Marshall would be one of the sickest WR tandems in the league. If you try this trade on madden, the computer would decline, thats how unrealistic it is.

Try it!

Dante84
08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOgrob

That last smiley scares me. Lots.

DaWolf
08-19-2009, 11:09 PM
What's he going to report next? Clady for MacIntosh?

Pfft. No. Pioli is hard at work trying to get the Dantrell Savage and Brad Cottam for Wes Welker deal nailed down...

Hammock Parties
08-19-2009, 11:10 PM
I personally think this would be a fair deal. Marshall is a headcase at this point. Is anyone really gonna give up more than a 2nd? To get a young gunslinger like Croyle to boot is just a bonus!

Reaper16
08-19-2009, 11:12 PM
LMAO
The infamous Nigerian Buyback.

CaliforniaChief
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
I personally think this would be a fair deal. Marshall is a headcase at this point. Is anyone really gonna give up more than a 2nd? To get a young gunslinger like Croyle to boot is just a bonus!

A young gunslinger who usually points the gun at his own knee, ankle, back, neck, elbow, finger, foot, thigh, hammy, and shoulder.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2009, 11:18 PM
A young gunslinger who usually points the gun at his own knee, ankle, back, neck, elbow, finger, foot, thigh, hammy, and shoulder.

Obviously I was being sarcastic, but Croyle might actually be able to stay healthy behind Denver's line.

RustShack
08-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Teams have traded better players for less... disgruntled players are almost always traded for less than they are worth.

DaWolf
08-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Obviously I was being sarcastic, but Croyle might actually be able to stay healthy behind Denver's line.

The altitude in Denver would cause Croyle to pull his hamstring...

MMXcalibur
08-19-2009, 11:25 PM
What manner of dumbfuckery is this? Pioli has Arrowhead on lockdown.....nothing's getting out, especially to an asshat like Athan. This is just embarrassing.

ChiefJustice
08-19-2009, 11:33 PM
What manner of dumb****ery is this? Pioli has Arrowhead on lockdown.....nothing's getting out, especially to an asshat like Athan. This is just embarrassing.

That is kind of the point why it is FUNNAY!:D

booger
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
ha you laugh now

wait til Nick the blogger aka Nick the screen righter is the next precedent of K.C.

Mecca
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Baltimore seems to be the team that wants Marshall from what I've been reading.

booger
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
KCK and KC mizzou!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Baltimore seems to be the team that wants Marshall from what I've been reading.

Goddamnit; we're great at fucking other teams world's up, but when do we get the EPIC WIN?!?!?

:cuss:

booger
08-19-2009, 11:45 PM

MMXcalibur
08-19-2009, 11:46 PM
That is kind of the point why it is FUNNAY!:D

I know....it's almost to the point of being sad really. Or perhaps we passed that point a few miles back down the road. I think there was an Arby's somewhere near that point. Mmmm....Arby's.....

MMXcalibur
08-19-2009, 11:46 PM

Rep. ROFL

salame
08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
there is no need for me to read through the whole thread to voice my opinion

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/06/11/westbrook_zoom.jpg

Taco John
08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm wearing a hamburger t-shirt.

Valiant
08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Will not happen. That post about the Jets is spot on, and they are way more likely to pull the trigger. While I think we could see a move for a WR at some point, our bigger concern offensively is that line. Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would look like sh*t behind this protection...everyone but Albert could go and I wouldn't be sad about it.

Brace yourselves boys, this is gonna be a long year.

Other then the Chiefs 2nd rounder having a much better chance at being top 5 in the round.. Unless we gave them the other one..

But realistically no way this trade happens.. It is a dream made up by a shit wannabe sports writer from a shit site..

kcxiv
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I love this quote from the mane

Valiant
08-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I know this trade will likely never happen... But if it did, I could see us contending for the west's crown... I had us around 6-10, but we'd most likely beat Denver in Denver, and maybe scratch out another win or two being able to convert 3rd and 6's much better... Bowe and Marshall wide, Toomer in the slot? A Patented Herm Draw play would work with the secondary trying to keep up with all that...

It'd be a good deal for us, too bad it's likely a pipe dream...
Posted via Mobile Device

Put the pipe down.. Our oline is still a question mark and our D will give up tons of yards on the ground.. IF we got him, we would move from a 4 win team to a 6 win team..

Unless somehow the defense gels into an actual top ten defense.. Which I do not see happening..

MoreLemonPledge
08-19-2009, 11:54 PM
there is no need for me to read through the whole thread to voice my opinion

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/06/11/westbrook_zoom.jpg

Westbrook?

salame
08-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I dont know I just searched for thug football players

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I know....it's almost to the point of being sad really. Or perhaps we passed that point a few miles back down the road. I think there was an Arby's somewhere near that point. Mmmm....Arby's.....

ROFL

I love this quote from the mane

Yep, that was my fave too. :D

salame
08-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Arbys has very discreet bathrooms

smittysbar
08-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Look at this great shit he is getting from his couch........but I thought this wasn't his passion

CoMoChief
08-20-2009, 12:40 AM
well i just got home form the bar. I read this. and think WTF?

Nick went on that rant about his reporting in an earlier thread.............then reports something like this.............ROFL

salame
08-20-2009, 12:44 AM
maybe we will get dbrickashaw fersguson

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 12:45 AM
We better pay 100 bucks so we can get the whole story

CrazyPhuD
08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow the donkey's are doing quite a good job of making chickenshit out of chicken salad. The best bit about this deal is that all Pollard would have to do is yell at brodie and he'd go down with a knee injury....

BryanBusby
08-20-2009, 02:55 AM
We better pay 100 bucks so we can get the whole story

109.95 muthafucka, get it right! Shit had to go up in price son so Nicholas Assclownthan could continue to supply crack rocks to his secret source (see: homeless dude down the road wearing a tinfoil sailor hat). INFLATION AFFECTS CRACK PRICES TOO!

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 03:12 AM
So you guys completely dismiss what Athan had to say the other day, but believe this?

BossChief
08-20-2009, 03:14 AM
this would be like getting Niel Smith back from those fuckers

btw how many people remember the look on NSs face in the interview after getting signed by Denver when he was told the Chiefs signing bonus offer was 5 million iirc and he signed for Denver for so much less? Seems soooo long ago and that is a pivotal point in our teams destiny.

Oh what could have been if NS was resigned, Gannon wasnt allowed to leave, DT wasnt taken from us, and Donnie was retained?

too bad this kinda pipe dream is in essence a direct opposite of the Patriot way. They look for bargains, not players they would be overpaying for.

BigRock
08-20-2009, 03:22 AM
So you guys completely dismiss what Athan had to say the other day, but believe this?

Are the numerous laughing smilies in this thread too subtle for you?

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Are the numerous laughing smilies in this thread too subtle for you?

I thought the "ROFL" meant "ROFL @ the stupid Donkeys" or "ROFL the Donkeys are imploding"

I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread... My bad.:D

J Diddy
08-20-2009, 04:01 AM
this would be like getting Niel Smith back from those ****ers

btw how many people remember the look on NSs face in the interview after getting signed by Denver when he was told the Chiefs signing bonus offer was 5 million iirc and he signed for Denver for so much less? Seems soooo long ago and that is a pivotal point in our teams destiny.

Oh what could have been if NS was resigned, Gannon wasnt allowed to leave, DT wasnt taken from us, and Donnie was retained?

too bad this kinda pipe dream is in essence a direct opposite of the Patriot way. They look for bargains, not players they would be overpaying for.

Coulda woulda shoulda. bottom line is neil smith was a pussy. Dude missed like 3 or 4 games with a bad toe and reggie white was playing through broken bones. Gannon was fun, but I can hardly fault the FO for wanting to keep the younger guy. I liked donnie, but donnie didn't do shit when he could have changed the game. he was a first quarter warrior and a second half leach. he'd snag onto a guy and get dragged 30 yards downfield.

MeaTy The Pimp
08-20-2009, 04:45 AM
I don't believe the rumor yet, as there haven't been any "Okay Guys" posts yet...

PhillyChiefFan
08-20-2009, 04:48 AM
ROFL

PhillyChiefFan
08-20-2009, 04:49 AM
The question on everyone's mind right now is...have the Croyle's been house shopping in Denver yet?

BossChief
08-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Ha

maybe we can trade our other second rounder for Braylon Edwards...that way we can have three of the top five dropped pass recievers in the NFL.

We could have the most accurate 55% passer in NFL history.

Bowe
Edwards
Marshall
Lelie

think of the possibilities!!

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 04:58 AM

how about you shelve the stupid and read the thread before posting

Pioli Zombie
08-20-2009, 05:29 AM

"A young gunslinger like Croyle"??

Talk about hometown fans overating their own.

Its Brodie effen Croyle!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Boon
08-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Assclown said the days of holding back information were over.
He's gonna report everything he "knows".

wild1
08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
It came from WIPE, that's pretty much like it were carved into stone tablets by lightning.

ForeverChiefs58
08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Ok, someone spotted a hot girl on the bunny slopes- that could have been Kelly Croyle!

Duck Dog
08-20-2009, 07:01 AM

Is this rhetorical? ROFL

I'm pretty sure everyone took Athen seriously the other day when he said he had been cheating his customers.

Duck Dog
08-20-2009, 07:02 AM
"A young gunslinger like Croyle"??

Talk about hometown fans overating their own.

Its Brodie effen Croyle!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Duck Dog
08-20-2009, 07:03 AM
I thought the "ROFL" meant "ROFL @ the stupid Donkeys" or "ROFL the Donkeys are imploding"

I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread... My bad.:D

Oh, they were. :D

Red Dawg
08-20-2009, 07:12 AM
This is rediculous. Not a chance in Hell Denver would do it.

BigCatDaddy
08-20-2009, 07:16 AM
The guys on 810 were just talking about this and busted a gut laughing at WPI.

RedThat
08-20-2009, 07:18 AM

Oh Nick Athan knows football.

arrowheadnation
08-20-2009, 07:25 AM
As far fetched as this may be, it still made for some humorous reading this morning over at the Mane. They're breaking down like a broken lawn chair over this.

bevischief
08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
ROFL:popcorn:

SenselessChiefsFan
08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I think Nick Athan has learned his lesson..... if you are going to predict outlandish stupid stuff, at least involve the team that might be dumb enough to do it.

Trading away a franchise QB? Trading away their first round pick next year (which, given the trading of their QB, the acquisisition of Orton, and the overall suck factor of their defensive line.... probably top ten pick, easy) for an undersized CB?

Okay, so the Broncos have proven they will do things that no other team would consider. So, Athan is a little less of an AssClown on this one.

InChiefsHeaven
08-20-2009, 07:44 AM
If it did go down, there would be a chorus of Donk fans singing "Oh well, it's not like Brandon Marshall was that good anyway, he's a trouble maker, he'll wind up suspended, Croyle actually isn't that bad, he's got a great arm, his wife is hot...I think we got the better end of this deal..."

Shit. I want it to happen just for the implosion factor...

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
:rolleyes:So you guys completely dismiss what Athan had to say the other day, but believe this?OMG How could someone be so fucking stupid? :spock:

DenverChief
08-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I just heard Athan say that the Vikes were in talks with the Chiefs to trade Favre and next years first for Thigpen and our third!!!!!!!!!!

SenselessChiefsFan
08-20-2009, 07:51 AM
:rolleyes:OMG How could someone be so ****ing stupid? :spock:

Um.... do you read many of his posts?

King_Chief_Fan
08-20-2009, 07:56 AM
If it did go down, there would be a chorus of Donk fans singing "Oh well, it's not like Brandon Marshall was that good anyway, he's a trouble maker, he'll wind up suspended, Croyle actually isn't that bad, he's got a great arm, his wife is hot...I think we got the better end of this deal..."

rep for a good donkey impression

Fat Elvis
08-20-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought it was interesting in Dante's thread at the WIPE when even GoChiefs said he wouldn't pay for a premium membership anymore....

I wonder what happened between him and Nick Athan.

King_Chief_Fan
08-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I thought it was interesting in Dante's thread at the WIPE when even GoChiefs said he wouldn't pay for a premium membership anymore....

I wonder what happened between him and Nick "Assclown" Athan.
Nick must have canned him

Hammock Parties
08-20-2009, 08:00 AM

I wonder what happened between him and Nick "Assclown" Athan.

I didn't post in Dante's thread. Nor have I been fired. Nick and I remain good friends. Sorry to disappoint.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2009, 08:02 AM
As far fetched as this may be, it still made for some humorous reading this morning over at the Mane. They're breaking down like a broken lawn chair over this.

That was the only value this thread had.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Um.... do you read many of his posts?Yes, and I am always asking this...

Baby Lee
08-20-2009, 08:08 AM

Breaking down like something that's broken.

The analogy-fu is strong in this one.

bluehawkdoc
08-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Nick must have canned him

I'm sure it went something like this,

Nick: "There can only be one 'Assclown'. Go start your own shi**y website."

GoChiefs: "************* you, *************."

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 08:10 AM

If Marshall is traded... to any team, I'm sure you'll have some that say something similar. Fans will say "Cutler locked on him more" (which is true) and that inflated his stats.

Marshall is a head case, but he is also a freakish talent at WR. I wish he would realize the majority of his "issues" are self-created. But, he's a pro athlete and is thinking about himself right now. The situation is very similar to Ocho Cinco recently in CIN, but ... the odd thing about Ocho is that he appears to "get it". I think Ocho has come to the realization that while he may not be happy with things (money, the team, management, etc)... there's not much he can do about it other than play the best he can and let those actions get him to where he feels he belongs (new deal, new team, whatever it is).

Ultimately, if Marshall is going to continue pouting and playing this out in the media... then make a move. Sure, it will suck and fans will look back at that draft and think "Damn, we had a great set of guys and now two are gone... ", but it is what it is and like it or not, the team will ultimately have to do what is best.

Many call Marshall "Baby TO"... it seems more fitting with each passing day, only thing is that TO has been consistently great with multiple QBs and he doesn't have the legal issues nagging him. TO is just a "me me" head case that puts up phenomenal numbers while watching his teams miss out on their ultimate goal - winning a title.

So, honestly - I'm prepared for anything. I've said since the beginning that even with Cutler... this team in 2009 would struggle to win 7 games. I think 5 is about realistic unless the defense proves everyone wrong and they can be in the 15th overall range - hell, they have nowhere really to go but up.

I'd love for Marshall to deal with the mess his actions have created, play his ass off during his contract year and then... the sky is the limit for him this next offseason when he looks for that big payday.

Marshall would have his fat new contract if he wasn't a moron off the field... bottom line. And, now all he's doing is showing that he can be a moron on the field.

Param
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
The situation is very similar to Ocho Cinco recently in CIN, but ... the odd thing about Ocho is that he appears to "get it". I think Ocho has come to the realization that while he may not be happy with things (money, the team, management, etc)... there's not much he can do about it other than play the best he can and let those actions get him to where he feels he belongs (new deal, new team, whatever it is).

Not really. Ocho Cinco thought he outplayed his big contract and wanted to redo his deal to make more money. Marshall is looking to cash in on his first big deal.

Molitoth
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
I think the Chiefs would do no good bringing in a headcase like Marshall and paying him big money. Marshall would do fine on some teams, but I think in KC he would not put up the numbers to please this fanbase. Not with a 1st season head coach on a bad team and a QB who hasn't established himself more then a year as a starter.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
how about you shelve the stupid and read the thread before posting

ROFL

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Anybody that is associated with Nick Athan should be embarrassed for themselves

arrowheadnation
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Breaking down like something that's broken.

The analogy-fu is strong in this one.

My bad....what I meant to say was like a "malfunctioning lawnchair."

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 08:55 AM
The situation is very similar to Ocho Cinco recently in CIN, but ... the odd thing about Ocho is that he appears to "get it". I think Ocho has come to the realization that while he may not be happy with things (money, the team, management, etc)... there's not much he can do about it other than play the best he can and let those actions get him to where he feels he belongs (new deal, new team, whatever it is).

Not really. Ocho Cinco thought he outplayed his big contract and wanted to redo his deal to make more money. Marshall is looking to cash in on his first big deal.

Well, whether it's Ocho wanting to cash in on his 'next' big contract because he says he has outplayed his current one... or Marshall wanting to cash in on his 'first' big contract because he says he has outplayed his rookie deal...

How is that not the same thing?

KCUnited
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I heard that. When you're getting laughed at by Frank Boal on air, you know you've achieved assclown status.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Um.... do you read many of his posts?

About as bad as trying to read your Herm loving drivel.....

Chief Faithful
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM
So McKid covets two KC QB's?

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
This just in:

Brandon Marshall spotted out at KCI eating breakfast with Pioli

MTG#10
08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Dont feel like reading through all this, is there any truth at all to this story or is everyone agreeing that its totally made up BS?

Brock
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Dont feel like reading through all this, is there any truth at all to this story or is everyone agreeing that its totally made up BS?

It came from Wipe Illustrated, enough said.

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
That's why Haley demoted Bowe, so Croyle would be running with our two starting receivers and look great to sucker Denver in to making this trade!!!!!!!

Haley FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111eleventybillion1111111111

Casselvania
08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't buy this rumor at all. Seems too good to be true. Move along, nothing to see here people

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't buy this rumor at all. Seems too good to be true. Move along, nothing to see here people
:LOL:

Brock
08-20-2009, 09:57 AM

:drool:

DBOSHO
08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
dude if this actually happened......lol

the broncos are quickly being deleted from the nfl

Bwana
08-20-2009, 10:11 AM

Wow

The Franchise
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't know what's worse......that Athan actually posted this...or that there are actually people over on WPI that believe it.

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't know what's worse......that Athan actually posted this...or that there are actually people over on WPI that believe it.

It's kinda like Jim Jones and the People's Temple...

boogblaster
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM
huh something smells poopie ..

JD10367
08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I hear Haley just picked Marshall up at the airport, and Marshall referred to the coach as "Halessie". :shrug:

nychief
08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Broncos' Brandon Marshall doesn't know the playbook
By Mark Miller

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) has had a lot of time to study his playbook. He spent the first couple weeks of camp brooding about his contract and sitting because of an injury and now that he's finally back on the gridiron, he's saying he "not even close" to learning the plays, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette.
He claims now that he never asked for more cash from the team and only requested a trade, which is news, because the story has always been that the poor fella wanted a contract extension to match the $48 million over six years one that Roddy White(notes) got from the Atlanta Falcons. Then when the Broncos wouldn't give it to him, he wanted to be traded.
But now he's saying that never happened and he just asked to be traded, especially now that the relationship between the two sides is pretty much irreparable.
He's basically figured out that he's stuck being a Bronco this season. There is no doubt he will take pouting to a new level this season.

Hays
08-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Broncos are starting to become like the Raiders, everyone wants out. No one seems to get along with their new coach. Makes you wonder is his coaching life with broncos up in 2 years?

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/b/br/brokenarts/435178_razor_blade.jpg

Buck
08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/b/br/brokenarts/435178_razor_blade.jpg

If I was a Chiefs fan this would be a lot funnier, but here goes nothing.

http://make10kinaweekend.com/keys.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Broncos are starting to become like the Raiders, everyone wants out. No one seems to get along with their new coach. Makes you wonder is his coaching life with broncos up in 2 years?

Michael Lombardi was on ESPN 1600 this morning and said that the Broncos looked like the most well coached team that played in the preseason.

He thinks McDaniels is a brilliant coach.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Michael Lombardi was on ESPN 1600 this morning and said that the Broncos looked like the most well coached team that played in the preseason.

He thinks McDaniels is a brilliant coach.ROFL

MMXcalibur
08-20-2009, 11:06 AM

You're a fucking moron.
...and so is Michael Lombardi.

Mr. Kotter
08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
For those looking for a glimmer of hope that this MIGHT be true....has Athan EVER been right about any story he "broke"????

EVER?? :shrug:

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Just think what will happen if Orton has another shitty game this weekend?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3531/laughing478.gif http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3531/laughing478.gifhttp://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3531/laughing478.gif

SAUTO
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM

yep three dumbass picks just SCREAMS great coaching

Agent V
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM

What was his basis for saying this? Just curious.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 11:16 AM

Is our fanbase this stupid?

Where do these guys come from?

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey gang,

Aids trees are half price in Denver right now.....

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey gang,

Aids trees are half price in Denver right now.....

I hear they're particularly potent too!!!!

dswhited
08-20-2009, 11:23 AM
How screwed would we be if we traded Croyle and Cassel got hurt? Thigpen could really add something to a team running a spread so meybe trade him. (and i like Thigpen but he will never get a shot in this system) We could have all the pro bowl WR in the world but without a solid number 1 and 2 QB we will never make it through 16 games. The right side of this line IS going to get someone hurt and we need a good back up when that happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 11:24 AM
It came from WIPE, that's pretty much like it were carved into stone tablets by lightning.

ROFL

Is our fanbase this stupid?

Where do these guys come from?

HoMo is a donko.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
How screwed would we be if we traded Croyle and Cassel got hurt? Thigpen could really add something to a team running a spread so meybe trade him. (and i like Thigpen but he will never get a shot in this system) We could have all the pro bowl WR in the world but without a solid number 1 and 2 QB we will never make it through 16 games. The right side of this line IS going to get someone hurt and we need a good back up when that happens.

Thigpen most likely will never get his "shot" in any ones NFL system....

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
What was his basis for saying this? Just curious.
He said he watched every game from last week and he said. "Offensively they were the most creative and most intriguing team" He said he knew Orton threw 3 INT's but... "They were as well coached as any football team I have ever seen." He then went on and started talking about how Josh McDaniels would use Brandon Marshall.

You can hear Michael Lombardi say it at the 44 minute and 15 second mark here <embed flashvars="loc=%2F&amp;autoplay=false&amp;vid=2015117" width="480" height="386" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2015117" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

Gonzo
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Ok Gang,
As you all know, I am very close to someone in the Bronco's organization and from what they are telling me, the best coached team in the NFL is our own Denver Broncos.
Even though all of our players want out and the coach has alienated our best WR we are still gonna win it all.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm legally fucking retarded?

Fixed

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Fixed

ROFL

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 11:31 AM
He said he watched every game from last week and he said. "Offensively they were the most creative and most intriguing team" He said he knew Orton threw 3 INT's but... "They were as well coached as any football team I have ever seen." He then went on and started talking about how Josh McDaniels would use Brandon Marshall.

You can hear Michael Lombardi say it at the 44 minute and 15 second mark here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2015117

Well, it must be true...

Chief Faithful
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Just think how great Orton will be playing for the best coaches in the NFL, in the best run organization in the NFL, surrounded by the best players in the NFL. I'll bet the ghost of Elway will finally be lifted and those post season victories will just start adding up. Denver only needs a middle of the pack defense to win the Super Bowl this year.

Spicy McHaggis
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
"Offensively they were the most creative and most intriguing team" He said he knew Orton threw 3 INT's but... "They were as well coached as any football team I have ever seen."

In fairness the only the other teams Lombardi has seen have been the 2008 Lions and his 7 year old son's Pop Warner team. And it was still a close call.

wild1
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree with Lombardi. They are so well coached that Orton only threw 3 interceptions in a half of football.

Gonzo
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Man whenever this dude shows up we always end up moving at the speed of stupid.

Chief Faithful
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM

And it is just preseason vanilla!

Michael Lombardi is really good to be able to get that much out of McKids first preseason game.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
In fairness the only the other teams Lombardi has seen have been the 2008 Lions and his 7 year old son's Pop Warner team. And it was still a close call.
He has worked with a number of the game’s prominent architects, including Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, Mike Shanahan and Marty Schottenheimer. Lombardi headed the Oakland Raiders’ and Cleveland Browns’ personnel departments and also worked with the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos. He is a frequent contributor to a number of network TV shows, including the NFL Network and CBS Sports.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/mike-lombardi.html

Param
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have ESPN Insider?

Title:

NFL RUMORS: M. Cassel may not start for KC

MMXcalibur
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/mike-lombardi.html

That settles it. I'm sold. We are witnessing the beginnings of a true dynasty in Donkey Country.

vailpass
Yeah right next thing you'll be telling me is McKid will trade Cutler for Orton.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Just think how great Orton will be playing for the best coaches in the NFL, in the best run organization in the NFL, surrounded by the best players in the NFL. I'll bet the ghost of Elway will finally be lifted and those post season victories will just start adding up. Denver only needs a middle of the pack defense to win the Super Bowl this year.

If Orton can't succeed with all he has around him he never will. Most starting caliber QB's in the NFL would thrive with the talent/coaching Denver has in place.

MMXcalibur
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Title:

I don't, but I'm 99.9999% sure this is some bullshit about Babb giving Croyle props over Cassel and Haley's overblown comment about the quarterbacks in his press conference a few days back.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Title:

They are just talking about this tweet by Kent Babb

Remember that stuff about Brodie Croyle firmly being the Chiefs' No. 2 QB? Well, now I'm starting to believe he's threatening Cassel's job.
https://twitter.com/kb_kcstar

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
and Babb is freaking clueless

Mr. Flopnuts
This is a ploy. Croyle is on the trading block. Brandon Marshall anyone? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
Yeah right next thing you'll be telling me is McKid will trade Cutler for Orton.

So it finally shows it's face...

Nice off season, brah. :clap:

HemiEd
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM

Who in the hell is Mark Castle? Do you mean Matt Cassel?

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
If Orton can't succeed with all he has around him he never will. Most starting caliber QB's in the NFL would thrive with the talent/coaching Denver has in place.

I know you're young, so I'll cut you some slack... but you're thoughts and posts are either boom or bust. You need to live more in the middle, especially when you're throwing out wild ass projections and statements like this one.

It's rarely going to be as good or as bad as you think... this goes for sports, life, etc.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM

HOW DARE YOU SIR! Mark Castle is our Great White Hope of the Future!

Agent V
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM

You can hear Michael Lombardi say it at the 44 minute and 15 second mark here <embed flashvars="loc=%2F&amp;autoplay=false&amp;vid=2015117" width="480" height="386" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2015117" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

He claims they were the most creative offensively, yet Orton threw three interceptions. Kinda debunks his argument a bit since he doesnt' get specific about anything. And furthermore, his basis, after watching that video, was (and I'm quoting this exactly):

"They were substituting and changing and doing things."

That's all he said before talking about Marshall.

The Franchise
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM

God....it's a joke. Damn people.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
I know you're young, so I'll cut you some slack... but you're thoughts and posts are either boom or bust. You need to live more in the middle, especially when you're throwing out wild ass projections and statements like this one.

It's rarely going to be as good or as bad as you think... this goes for sports, life, etc.

I think it is true. It's not like I am saying that the Broncos will have the best defense in NFL this year. I will admit when Denver sucks. But I don't think it is a reach to think that Denver will have a top 10 scoring offense. And I don't think it is a reach to think that Kyle Orton will be a Top 10-15 QB in the league this year.

vailpass
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM

Nothing wrong with living balls to the wall be you young or old.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 11:50 AM
He claims they were the most creative offensively, yet Orton threw three interceptions. Kinda debunks his argument a bit since he doesnt' get specific about anything. And furthermore, his basis, after watching that video, was (and I'm quoting this exactly):

He was on another radio show a while back talking about how Denver had different personnel groupings on every play on the first drive and the offense ran very smoothly until Orton threw a redzone interception.

I think he is surprised at how well McDaniels has done with the offense considering all of the controversy Denver has had this offseason.

vailpass
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
So it finally shows it's face...

Nice off season, brah. :clap:

Do I know you? Did I wipe my dick on your Star Wars curtains to cleanse myself of your mom's duckbutter last night?

Chief Faithful
08-20-2009, 11:54 AM

That I can agree with except for the fact McKid still has to prove himself as a HC.

Personally I don't think Orton has the arm to be anything other than a game manager.

vailpass
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
That I can agree with except for the fact McKid still has to prove himself as a HC.

Personally I don't think Orton has the arm to be anything other than a game manager.

All true all the time.

JD10367
08-20-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't, but I'm 99.9999% sure this is some bullshit about Babb giving Croyle props over Cassel and Haley's overblown comment about the quarterbacks in his press conference a few days back.

Ah, jeez, not this shit again.

Look, people: the Chiefs courted Cassel, traded for Cassel, and paid Cassel big money.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO F**KING BENCH HIM AFTER THROWING FIVE PASSES IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE FIRST F**KING PRESEASON GAME.

If Cassel gets no playing time, it'll actually be because they firmly believe he's the starter and don't even want to bother risking an injury.

If, after courting, wooing, trading for, and paying Cassel, the Chiefs benched him after two series of preseason game #1, I would hope everyone on the team would be fired and Chiefs fans would picket the stadium. Because that would be beyond stupid of them.

As for Haley's comments, get a grip everyone. Haley is cut from the same mold as Belichick and Parcells. Here's a recent excerpt from a Details article on Brady. Anyone think Belichick is gonna bench Brady 'cause he didn't like a practice throw? Haley is a hard-ass. It's just his style. Like Belichick, he won't compliment or pump up a guy's ego. And that's how you should want it.

“You’ll practice on a Wednesday, and you’ll come in Thursday morning and he’ll have the film up there from practice,” Brady said in the publication. “Sometimes, during practice, you throw a bad ball—that’s the way it goes. But the video comes up and he says, ‘Brady, you can’t complete a g–damn hitch.’ And I’ll be sitting there thinking, I’m a f—ing nine-year veteran, I’ve won three g–damn Super Bowls—he can kiss my… That’s what you’re thinking on the inside. But on the outside I’m thinking, You know what? I’m glad he’s saying that. I’m glad that’s what he’s expecting, you know? Because that’s what I should be expecting. That’s what his style is.”

Thig Lyfe
08-20-2009, 11:57 AM
OKAY GANG

Thig Lyfe
08-20-2009, 11:58 AM
"I heard they may throw in Ashley Lelie to seal the deal."

Sheeeeeeeeeeit, that would be like Omar sellin' back Prop Joe's supply for 30 cents on the dollar!

Chief Faithful
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM

I think it is funny for Lombardi to make this kind of claim from the first preseason game. Either Lombardi has no clue what he was seeing or McKid doesn't know the difference between preseason and regular season.

Maybe KnowMo is Lombardi in disguise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Do I know you? Did I wipe my dick on your Star Wars curtains to cleanse myself of your mom's duckbutter last night?

Sounds like like someone's got a case of the Orton's and needs nappy-time.

Fuckstick.

doomy3
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
God....it's a joke. Damn people.

It's just a retarded joke.

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I think it is true. It's not like I am saying that the Broncos will have the best defense in NFL this year. I will admit when Denver sucks. But I don't think it is a reach to think that Denver will have a top 10 scoring offense. And I don't think it is a reach to think that Kyle Orton will be a Top 10-15 QB in the league this year.

I'm hoping for the best, but there's a boat load of change for that offense (and defense) to deal with this off-season and the defenses they're scheduled to face aren't too forgiving. This isn't the greatest schedule for a new regime to cut its teeth on...

BigMeatballDave
I think it is true. It's not like I am saying that the Broncos will have the best defense in NFL this year. I will admit when Denver sucks. But I don't think it is a reach to think that Denver will have a top 10 scoring offense. And I don't think it is a reach to think that Kyle Orton will be a Top 10-15 QB in the league this year.:rolleyes: You say you will admit when Denver sucks? Well, admit it already so we can stop calling you stupid. Pay attention: DENVER IS GOING TO SUCK AND SUCK BAD. Like 4 wins suck. Yeah.

vailpass
Sounds like like someone's got a case of the Orton's and needs nappy-time.

****stick.

If it makes you feel any better she called out your dad's name. And a couple of other guy's names. And something that sounded like a dog's name.

Mr. Kotter
Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the Chiefs organization and have this info to share with full confidence: Croyle (and a draft pick) will be traded to Denver for Marshall, because Haley thinks Thigpen should start, but he's comfortable with Guitierrez as Thigpen's backup. The announcement will come Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Clark and Scott are working out the finer points of working out this trade tonight, but the deal is sealed. Also, Clark informed Haley that Cassel will be released. They are seeing if they can call Bubby Brister out of retirement to be the third stringer.

I only share this information because I'm no longer officially with the team and it's fun to share that a new day is dawning at Arrowhead. Haley is demonstrating that he will quickly move to clean out those who don't meet his standard.

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes: You say you will admit when Denver sucks? Well, admit it already so we can stop calling you stupid. Pay attention: DENVER IS GOING TO SUCK AND SUCK BAD. Like 4 wins suck. Yeah.

Yeah, the Raiders and Chiefs will have to move in a little so everyone fits comfortably on that couch this season...

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
God....it's a joke. Damn people.Really? I thought jokes were meant to be funny?

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the Raiders and Chiefs will have to move in a little so everyone fits comfortably on that couch this season...Oh, it will be a dogfight for the cellar! :)

wild1
08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
They are just talking about this tweet by Kent Babb

https://twitter.com/kb_kcstar

BOMBSHELL ALERT!