PDA

View Full Version : Football New Orleans is the '99 Rams

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
'cept they actually beat teams w/ winning records.

The_Doctor10
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the REAL Greatest Show on Turf, baby

Coach
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
But the '99 Rams didn't have a defense that was THAT good early on.

I wouldn't want to play the Saints anytime soon.....

kcxiv
10-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Saints could drop 60 on us seriously. lol

Crush
10-18-2009, 02:28 PM
The Saints are fucking scary. Drew Brees is the destroyer of worlds.

JimNasium
10-18-2009, 02:33 PM
As a former resident of the Big Easy I'm a huge fan. They are my NFC team. If Chagrin were still here he'd be on the band wagon too. Geaux Saints!

Deberg_1990
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
How does Sedrick Ellis look in comparision to Dorsey?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Ellis gets better pressure than Dorsey. I don't think he's as good at plugging against the run.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2009, 02:49 PM
The Saints are fucking scary. Drew Brees is the destroyer of worlds.

Drew Brees should have been a Chief in 2001

Quiet Storm
10-18-2009, 03:01 PM
The Saints...Destroyers of the world...in the regular season.

The_Doctor10
10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
The Saints...Destroyers of the world...in the regular season.

Jealous much?

Pablo
10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
The Saints...Destroyers of the world...in the regular season.Norv Turner. Destroyer of competent, talented football teams. Congrats on that.

Mr. Plow
10-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I've been a Saints fan for about 7-8 years. They are everything I wish the Chiefs were.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Bump.

The_Doctor10
11-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Winning against adversity. No Ellis today, showed with the way Williams and Stewart ran all over them. But it doesn't matter when you've got the MVP of the NFL, Drew Brees. Hands down, running away.

Hoover
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
and the Chiefs are the 88 Chiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Norv Turner. Destroyer of competent, talented football teams. Congrats on that.

ROFL

Mecca
11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
The thing with the Saints is they can get behind and still come back and win.

tk13
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
They are looking good. They don't have Marshall Faulk though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
The thing with the Saints is they can get behind and still come back and win.

What is this "come back" you speak of, off-worlder?

Mecca
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM

They have the 3 headed monster back there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM

They don't have Bruce, Holt, or Pace either.

But this team just seems to be one where the whole is better than the sum of the parts.

They also have three legitimate deep threats in Henderson, Moore, and Meachem. Combine that with Shockey and Colston, and Bush's receiving ability, and it's just impossible to shut down all of those guys.

tk13
11-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah I know they do, but I'd still rather have Faulk than any of those guys. He was on another planet during that era.

tk13
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
They don't have Bruce, Holt, or Pace either.

But this team just seems to be one where the whole is better than the sum of the parts.

They also have three legitimate deep threats in Henderson, Moore, and Meachem. Combine that with Shockey and Colston, and Bush's receiving ability, and it's just impossible to shut down all of those guys.

Yeah, they might very well be deeper than the 99 Rams, their top playmakers don't quite match up with the guys the Rams had, but they just have a ton of weapons they can throw at you in different ways. It really looks like them and Vikings are starting to seperate from the pack in the NFC. And that would be an epic battle.

Mecca
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
The Saints are a bad matchup for the Vikings...Colston is huge and their best corner is a midget...they defend the run well but their LB's aren't good cover guys.

They would need to be absolutely dominant pass rushing or they'd get eaten alive.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, they might very well be deeper than the 99 Rams, their top playmakers don't quite match up with the guys the Rams had, but they just have a ton of weapons they can throw at you in different ways. It really looks like them and Vikings are starting to seperate from the pack in the NFC. And that would be an epic battle.

Obviously Shockey is a better TE than anything the Rams ever trotted out, and their 3-5 WRs are better than the '99 Rams, but their OL isn't as good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
The Saints are a bad matchup for the Vikings...Colston is huge and their best corner is a midget...they defend the run well but their LB's aren't good cover guys.

They would need to be absolutely dominant pass rushing or they'd get eaten alive.

There's no way I"m taking a combination of Brett Favre and Brad Childress in any big game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Perhaps?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2010, 07:20 PM
No one wants to bite on this?

DTLB58
01-16-2010, 07:41 PM

So who are going to be the Titans
and be thier bitches in the SB?

jAZ
01-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Drew Brees should have been a Chief in 2001

At #12? No way. The Dolphins in 2006 though?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/124270

Slated for free agency in 2006, two teams seemed most eager to get Drew Brees: Miami and New Orleans. Brees scheduled a visit in New Orleans first. The Saints offered Brees a five-year contract that included $8 million guaranteed the first year and a $10 million option the second year. Brees was blown away, but sources insisted he really preferred to play for the Dolphins instead. So he left New Orleans without signing a contract and flew to South Florida. He had dinner with Nick Saban at a place called Grille 66 in Fort Lauderdale which to this day remains where the Dolphins take their free agents and coach candidates and alike. Everything seemed cool but the next day weirded Brees out. He was reportedly subjected to a six-hour physical that centered, of course, around his surgically repaired shoulder. To this day, I am not certain whether or not the Dolphins made Brees an offer. A good source close to Brees insisted Miami did, although it was a lowball offer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2010, 09:49 PM
At #12? No way. The Dolphins in 2006 though?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/124270
Slated for free agency in 2006, two teams seemed most eager to get Drew Brees: Miami and New Orleans. Brees scheduled a visit in New Orleans first. The Saints offered Brees a five-year contract that included $8 million guaranteed the first year and a $10 million option the second year. Brees was blown away, but sources insisted he really preferred to play for the Dolphins instead. So he left New Orleans without signing a contract and flew to South Florida. He had dinner with Nick Saban at a place called Grille 66 in Fort Lauderdale which to this day remains where the Dolphins take their free agents and coach candidates and alike. Everything seemed cool but the next day weirded Brees out. He was reportedly subjected to a six-hour physical that centered, of course, around his surgically repaired shoulder. To this day, I am not certain whether or not the Dolphins made Brees an offer. A good source close to Brees insisted Miami did, although it was a lowball offer.

Umm yes. The Chiefs had Brees #1 on their draft board in 2001, but traded for Green instead.

Stryker
01-17-2010, 01:04 AM

Awesome ain't it! :D

Funny thing is, I actually was thinking this while watching the game tonight.

Tylerthigpen!1!
01-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Umm yes. The Chiefs had Brees #1 on their draft board in 2001, but traded for Green instead.

Proof?

Mastashake
01-17-2010, 05:39 AM
If it makes you feel any better, from 2001-2006 Trent had the same QB rating in SD as Trent had in KC. They were about the same until he became a FA. So we really wouldn't have benefited unless we could have resigned him to another deal, something I'm not too sure we could have.

What's crazier is looking at the 2001 Draft for the Chargers. There were a lot of guys I haven't heard of but they got both Brees AND Tomlinson... wow. Maybe we can do that this year.

Buehler445
01-17-2010, 08:51 AM

The big deal is that they have all those playmakers AND a QB that finds each of them. That is the big deal. We have elite talent in Bowe and he isn't even part of the offense.

DeezNutz
01-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Proof?

Reporters saw DV's draft board. Petro, 810.

milkman
01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
That '01 draft makes me weep.

For all intents and purposes, Green was our first round pick, and Dick was our second round pick.

What a fucking waste.

Demonpenz
01-17-2010, 10:07 AM
it's all intensive purposes

milkman
01-17-2010, 10:10 AM
it's all intensive purposes

Yeah, okay.

:rolleyes:

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Today, I am the greatest of all time.

Demonpenz
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Shockey took a huge hit and then scored a touchdown big ups

Titty Meat
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Today, I am the greatest of all time.

Good call. Now predict if I get laid or not this year.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Watching today's game made me think - in hind sight yes but not really bc they were actual players talked about during the draft time. Drew Brees in 01, Frenney in 02 and Polamolulu in 03. Chiefs could have had them. FML.

Buehler445
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Surely you can get your dick wet in a year, right?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Yes, but you won't be proud.

Demonpenz
02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I am tired of hearing about Polamolulu. LJ was a beast for 3 or 4 years. and we sucked, with the chiefs pass rush what the hell woud Polamolulu look like?

Titty Meat
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I am tired of hearing about Polamolulu. LJ was a beast for 3 or 4 years. and we sucked, with the chiefs pass rush what the hell woud Polamolulu look like?

Instead we'll heard about Sanchez/Jackson and probably rightfully so. Watching the game tonight I asked if Cassel could play like Brees or Manning did tonight and I honestly don't think he can.

DaWolf
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Actually, I thought the word was the Chiefs were going to take Deuce McAllister if they didn't sign Priest Holmes...

Rausch
02-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Actually, I thought the word was the Chiefs were going to take Deuce McAllister if they didn't sign Priest Holmes...

I would have nutted and we would have STILL had around the same record...

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM

That was the big media rumor at that time, along with signing Troy Aikman to be our QB. But Petro saw Vermeil's draft sheet and Brees was #1 on it. I wanted us to draft Brees then, and I liked Trent Green - so its not a knock on him he was my favorite Chief outside of DT.

DaWolf
02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Instead we'll heard about Sanchez/Jackson and probably rightfully so. Watching the game tonight I asked if Cassel could play like Brees or Manning did tonight and I honestly don't think he can.

It's OK, Phil Simms swears to Chris Mortensen that Cassel can be a star in this league. :)

Actually, you just gotta hope that Cassel improves in year three of starting just like Brees did (because like it or not, he's our QB in 2010). Brees was pretty mediocre his first couple of years starting...

Rausch
02-07-2010, 11:06 PM
BTW, I wanted Nawlins' to win.

Still makes me happy as $#it thinking about it.

That said they are, without a doubt, the worst team to ever win a super bowl.

HANDS DOWN...

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually, you just gotta hope that Cassel improves in year three of starting just like Brees did (because like it or not, he's our QB in 2010). Brees was pretty mediocre his first couple of years starting...

Brees was a rookie, not a 27 year old.

Rausch
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Brees was a rookie, not a 27 year old.

What kind of moron trades for a 27 year old rookie?...

oaklandhater
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
What kind of moron trades for a 27 year old rookie?...

This man

Psyko Tek
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
and that's what I love about the NFL
no series
just one and done
you leave it on the field or you go home

NO played there asses off
and they beat a better team

a team that set out it's starters instead of going for the perfect season
the football gods don't like that shit

Titty Meat
02-07-2010, 11:28 PM
It's OK, Phil Simms swears to Chris Mortensen that Cassel can be a star in this league. :)

I think he will improve but I don't think he'll ever complete 81% of his passes in a game.

TheGuardian
02-07-2010, 11:50 PM
BTW, I wanted Nawlins' to win.

Still makes me happy as $#it thinking about it.

That said they are, without a doubt, the worst team to ever win a super bowl.

HANDS DOWN...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm what?????????

The three QB's they went through to win the SB........

Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Manning.

In the regular season you can throw in Brady too. So basically yeah, you're stupid.

Rausch
02-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm what?????????

Who, as a team, was less talented?

What team can you honestly say was worse from position 1 to 22?...

TheGuardian
02-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Who, as a team, was less talented?

What team can you honestly say was worse from position 1 to 22?...

They have possibly one of the best lines in the entire league. They have a pro bowl end, a pro bowl mike backer, a pro bowl safety (should have two with Harper) and two corners that played about as well as any duo in the league. I think Greer gave up 1 TD all season.

When you factor in Brees and how he can spread the ball around they are far more talented than what you are giving them credit for.

Second, talent doesn't really mean shit if you can't get it done. Everyone called the Chargers the most talented team in the league for years and they never won a damned thing.

The Saints reeled off 13 straight wins this season against GOOD teams, then went through 3 future HoF QB's to win the SB.

This is why some people should be bitch slapped before they post nonsense like you did.

Rausch
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM
They have possibly one of the best lines in the entire league. They have a pro bowl end, a pro bowl mike backer, a pro bowl safety (should have two with Harper) and two corners that played about as well as any duo in the league. I think Greer gave up 1 TD all season.

When you factor in Brees and how he can spread the ball around they are far more talented than what you are giving them credit for.

Second, talent doesn't really mean shit if you can't get it done. Everyone called the Chargers the most talented team in the league for years and they never won a damned thing.

The Saints reeled off 13 straight wins this season against GOOD teams, then went through 3 future HoF QB's to win the SB.

This is why some people should be bitch slapped before they post nonsense like you did.

Soooooooo...no one.

What fucking team do all those mediocre probowlers compare to in SB history?

Who on that team is going to the HOF? Anyone? ONE PLAYER?

TheGuardian
02-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Soooooooo...no one.

What ****ing team do all those mediocre probowlers compare to in SB history?

This is about as dumb a fucking thing as I've read here. And I've read some dumb shit.

First your argument is that the Saints are HANDS DOWN the worst SB winning team ever.

This is based on? How many hall of fame players they might have on the team.

did your mother have any children that lived?

If the Saints had ran off 13 straight wins playing the leagues softest schedule in the history of the NFL, then went through 3 straight backups at QB you might have a point. But they didn't. They beat a bunch of good teams or teams that were playing at a high level at the time they beat them.

Then they beat Warner, Favre, and Manning in the playoffs to win the title. It doesn't matter if a single fucking member of that team ever makes the HoF, by no means can you say they are HANDS DOWN the worst SB winner ever. Hell, if anything they could be one of the best single season teams ever you fucking idiot.

Rausch
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
This is about as dumb a ****ing thing as I've read here. And I've read some dumb shit.

First your argument is that the Saints are HANDS DOWN the worst SB winning team ever.

This is based on? How many hall of fame players they might have on the team.

did your mother have any children that lived?

If the Saints had ran off 13 straight wins playing the leagues softest schedule in the history of the NFL, then went through 3 straight backups at QB you might have a point. But they didn't. They beat a bunch of good teams or teams that were playing at a high level at the time they beat them.

Then they beat Warner, Favre, and Manning in the playoffs to win the title. It doesn't matter if a single ****ing member of that team ever makes the HoF, by no means can you say they are HANDS DOWN the worst SB winner ever. Hell, if anything they could be one of the best single season teams ever you ****ing idiot.

So your argument is "no, I can't refute what you say."

So shut the fuck up then. Droning on about the fact that they beat everyone in their path on the way to the super bowl IS FUCKING REDUNDANT. SO DID EVERY OTHER SUPER BOWL TEAM.

This does not change the fact that our SB champs this year are the least talented team to ever win a SB...

The_Doctor10
02-08-2010, 01:17 AM

So shut the **** up then. Droning on about the fact that they beat everyone in their path on the way to the super bowl IS ****ING REDUNDANT. SO DID EVERY OTHER SUPER BOWL TEAM.

This does not change the fact that our SB champs this year are the least talented team to ever win a SB...

So the team that has been one of the most prolific offensive football clubs in the past 5 years, has no talent?

I'm guessing you also think the three Patriot teams are talentless because the best WR on them was Deion Branch?

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:21 AM

:spock:

Mastashake
02-08-2010, 01:22 AM
How can beat teams in the PLAYOFFS who have quarterbacks like Warner, Favre, and Manning, and still be considered weak?

What the hell do the Saints have to do in order to be considered great? Does Brees have to throw for 6000 yards, or have a 120 passer rating (since 110 isn't good enough)? Since throwing 6 TD to no INTs (getting a QB rating of 116) in the playoffs isn't good enough, maybe he should have to throw for 12 TDs and negative number of picks.

Or maybe they need to have 10 defensive TDs in a year? I guess eight isn't enough, even though the next closest team only had four.

Its like if you have a good offense without a stellar defense (though with the TOs New Orleans had this year, I'd consider them very good), your wins are demoted. A WIN IS A WIN. If its 40-39, you won just as much as if it were 7-6.

The_Doctor10
02-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Soooooooo...no one.

What ****ing team do all those mediocre probowlers compare to in SB history?

PS Sharper and Brees are going to the Hall of Fame. Evans may well one day, he's the best young guards in the NFL. Jonathan Vilma has been to multiple Pro Bowls, and he's got at least 5-6 good years left in him. Sedrick Ellis is 2 years in.

Bottom line, your argument is fucking retarded.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Rausch must be wasted

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Jabari Greer is one of the 5 best CBs in the NFL, and no one knows about him.

Crush
02-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Jabari Greer is one of the 5 best CBs in the NFL, and no one knows about him.

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

TheGuardian
02-08-2010, 08:17 AM

So shut the **** up then. Droning on about the fact that they beat everyone in their path on the way to the super bowl IS ****ING REDUNDANT. SO DID EVERY OTHER SUPER BOWL TEAM.

I refuted everything you said. you're just too stupid to understand it.

you still haven't shown what makes the Saints the least talented team to ever win a Super Bowl.

The are the second highest scoring offense of all time. They had 6 or 7 pro bowlers on this team from this year.

I believe that the year the Pats won the SB, or one of the years, they didn't have a single pro bowler on the entire team. Does that make them the least talented dynasty ever?

You are the biggest fucking idiot on this board. HANDS DOWN.

Sully
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I think the Giants team that beat the Pats was less talented than this Saints team.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
1999-present Colts are the 1991-2005 Atlanta Braves.