PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink The Pussification Continues: Bud Light Golden Wheat

Archie F. Swin
10-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Did an executive at AB enjoy a real unfiltered wheat at his favorite gay bar and get an idea?

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Confession: I like Bud Light Lime.

Yep, I've said it, and I'm willing the face the wrath of reaper.

RJ
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM

I make my own.

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
I make my own.

Lime brew? Or just brew?

Either way, nice.

RJ
10-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Lime brew? Or just brew?

Either way, nice.

Neither. I just put a slice of lime in my beer.

I am a culinary genious.

DeezNutz
10-23-2009, 09:20 PM

I am a culinary genious.

I never fruit my beer. Man law.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I tried it. Liked it better than Boulevard.

petegz28
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM

This explains a lot. A LOT! :D

petegz28
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM

You just drink fruity beer!

RJ
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM

But.....but......Bud Light Lime has lime in it. Or at least Official Artificial Lime Flavoring. I am simply controlling my own lime. I call it personal responsibility.

I am such a do-it-yourselfer that I even add my own Clamato Juice. Just like in the old days.

bowener
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Did an executive at AB enjoy an real unfiltered wheat at his favorite gay bar and get an idea?

Wait, so enjoying heavy ass beers, beers with beer flavor, or bitter stout beers instead of watery piss makes me gay?

Well fuck, somebody give me GoChiefs digits cuz I must be gay for not liking shitty beer.

FTR: AB new lite wheat beer is crap.

Archie F. Swin
10-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Wait, so enjoying heavy ass beers, beers with beer flavor, or bitter stout beers instead of watery piss makes me gay?

Well ****, somebody give me GoChiefs digits cuz I must be gay for not liking shitty beer.

NO, Bud Light Golden Wheat is wheat beer pussified

RJ
10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
NO, Bud Light Golden Wheat is wheat beer pussified

So the pussification of wheat beer continues.

10-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Sam Adams Octoberfest seasonal beer is great. I generally don't like Sam Adames either.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
:DI never fruit my beer. Man law.

but your not a man!

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Any change to the taste of Bud Light is a step in the right direction. Ok, except adding more water.

Sure-Oz
10-23-2009, 10:05 PM
its fucking gross

luv
10-23-2009, 10:05 PM

I don't either.

Although, I tried a Samuel Adams Blackberry Witbier tonight that was pretty tasty.

Bugeater
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I had one earlier tonight and it was to lemony for my tastes. Still not as bad as that godawful Sunshine Wheat from New Belgium though.

jidar
10-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I tried Bud Light Wheat and hated it. Vastly prefer Boulevard or Widmer Bros Hef

I like Bud Light Lime though. It's my hot summer day beer of choice

Sure-Oz
10-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I like bud light lime over miller chill

Buck
10-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Sam Adams Octoberfest seasonal beer is great. I generally don't like Sam Adames either.

If it wasn't for a 12er of Sam Adams Octoberfest, that gay bar incident would never have happened.

Dartgod
10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Total fail.

I drank one once, because it was free. I will never pay for it though. If I want a good wheat beer, it sure as hell won't be Bud-Fucking-Light Wheat.

phisherman
10-23-2009, 10:34 PM
not a good wheat.

not at all.

go back to the drawing board budweiser.

DMAC
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
American Ale is pretty decent.

KCwolf
10-23-2009, 10:44 PM
If we're talkin' wheat beer....Widmer is tough to beat....not being a homer either.

Reaper16
10-23-2009, 10:46 PM

That's fine. Do you drink other, more real beers, too?

EPIC Fail.

Reaper16
10-23-2009, 10:47 PM
For the record: German Hefeweizen or any kind of European Weissbier >>> American [Unfiltered] Pale Wheat (like Boulevard).

Jewish Rabbi
10-23-2009, 10:48 PM

Have you ever gotten it in the can?

Reaper16
10-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Have you ever gotten it in the can?
He's a Royals fan, isn't he?

Bwana
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Total fail.

I drank one once, because it was free. I will never pay for it though. If I want a good wheat beer, it sure as hell won't be Bud-****ing-Light Wheat.

Word

listopencil
10-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Meh. Corona in the Summer, hard liquor the other three seasons. Well...also hard liquor in the Summer. And Corona even when it's not Summer. That's about it.

Occasionally my older daughter brings me a Corona with a piece of lime in it. I still drink it. I know it's fruity beer. But I'm sure as hell not going to turn it down. It's beer.

Sure-Oz
10-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Total fail.

I drank one once, because it was free. I will never pay for it though. If I want a good wheat beer, it sure as hell won't be Bud-****ing-Light Wheat.

No shit, bouley is much better

Valiant
10-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I had one earlier tonight and it was to lemony for my tastes. Still not as bad as that godawful Sunshine Wheat from New Belgium though.

I thought they tasted very very similar..

Reaper16
10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Meh. Corona in the Summer, hard liquor the other three seasons. Well...also hard liquor in the Summer. And Corona even when it's not Summer. That's about it.

Occasionally my older daughter brings me a Corona with a piece of lime in it. I still drink it. I know it's fruity beer. But I'm sure as hell not going to turn it down. It's beer.
That is not fruity.

Bugeater
10-23-2009, 11:42 PM
I thought they tasted very very similar..
They do, but the lemon is way stronger in the Sunshine.

Nzoner
10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Bud,Miller and Coors are trying whatever they can to fight the decline of their shitty beers,unfortunately,they just keep making shitty beers.

AB even tried to buy Boulevard a few years ago,thankfully Boulevard told them NO.

vailpass
10-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Some Mexican beers excluded, they are brewed with lime in mind.

macdawg
10-24-2009, 12:01 PM
I'll buy miller lite or sam adams light to binge drink, for taste IPA's from about any brewer, Old Rasputin Imperial Stout or Boulevard Nut Cracker Ale. Thats all that goes in my fridge.

I wouldn't drink wheat beers or Bud Light Lime if they were free, I would drink a Dos Equis with Lime in it if it was free. If thats what you like then cool, its typical for people to bash Budweiser online and other macro 'swill' but the shit obviously sells, some of you have to be drinking it LOL

vailpass
10-24-2009, 12:02 PM
I'll buy miller lite or sam adams light to binge drink, for taste IPA's from about any brewer, Old Rasputin Imperial Stout or Boulevard Nut Cracker Ale. Thats all that goes in my fridge.

I wouldn't drink wheat beers or Bud Light Lime if they were free, I would drink a Dos Equis with Lime in it if it was free. If thats what you like then cool, its typical for people to bash Budweiser online and other macro 'swill' but the shit obviously sells, some of you have to be drinking it LOL

ROFL

irishjayhawk
10-24-2009, 12:08 PM

You do know it's not going for Boulevard? It's going for Blue Moon.

irishjayhawk
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM

I like Old Rasputin, but it did point out to me that ratebeer (which rated it 100) is pretty much worthless.

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Well fuck, somebody give me GoChiefs digits cuz I must be gay for not liking shitty beer.

FTR: AB beer is crap.

Fixed it

DeezNutz
10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
That's fine. Do you drink other, more real beers, too?

Of course I drink Natty. Ridiculous question.

irishjayhawk
For the record: German Hefeweizen or any kind of European Weissbier >>> American [Unfiltered] Pale Wheat (like Boulevard).

Generally, yes. But I've found I dislike many Euro Wheats.

Many view it more as elitism than gay, in my experience.

I think so too. If I'm forced to drink light beers, I go with Coors over Bud Light.

irishjayhawk
Of course I drink Natty. Ridiculous question.

ROFL

KC Jones
10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
meh - I decided to give it a try cause I'm losing weight and want to stick with light beers. It's not bad. Not good mind you, but if you just compare it to normal light lagers from AB or their ilk it's not bad at all. I still prefer amstel light. If any of you know of a great light beer please share.

Zebedee DuBois
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I've boycotted Budweiser products on the general principle of taste for 30 years.

Skip Towne
10-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I've boycotted Budweiser products on the general principle of taste for 30 years.

That;ll bring them to their knees.

JuicesFlowing
10-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Belgium disagrees with this.

Archie F. Swin
10-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Golden Wheat is probably the best LOOKING AB product I've ever poured in a glass. Looks a lot like Boulevard UW

JuicesFlowing
10-24-2009, 12:55 PM

Me too. They are the typical "popularity sells" routine. People can't decide for themselves, so they do what their friends do. Fuck that shit.

MichaelH
10-24-2009, 01:03 PM
I have been tempted even though I find it humorous that the big breweries try to market certain beers as microbrews. The real test should be how do you feel the next morning after drinking 9-12 of them. If you feel like crap, it's the same AB swill.

Zebedee DuBois
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Me too. They are the typical "popularity sells" routine. People can't decide for themselves, so they do what their friends do. **** that shit.

I probably over-stated that. I'm sure I wasn't very discriminating in my early beer drinking years.

Zebedee DuBois
10-24-2009, 01:12 PM
The Octoberfest style beers have to be my absolute favorite. Reaper can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are referred to as the Maerzen style. Boulevard's Bob's 47, and the Free State Ad Astra would be examples, as well as Sam Adam's Octoberfest, and a lot of other breweries' Octoberfests.
My favorite beer tasting time of year.

MichaelH
10-24-2009, 01:20 PM
The Octoberfest style beers have to be my absolute favorite. Reaper can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are referred to as the Maerzen style. Boulevard's Bob's 47, and the Free State Ad Astra would be examples, as well as Sam Adam's Octoberfest, and a lot of other breweries' Octoberfests.
My favorite beer tasting time of year.

Stoudt's Brewery out of Adamstown, Pennsylvania used to make the best Maerzen Fest beer. Now it's just called Oktoberfest. I haven't had any but if it's as good as the Fest, it makes Sam Adams Oktoberfest taste like Budweiser.

http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/brewery_styles-seasonals.html#

MTG#10
10-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I never understood the whole "putting fruit in beer makes you gay" thing. I love a lime wedge in my Corona and a lemon wedge in my Boulevard.

That being said, BLGW is nasty as is most all AB products. Lowenbrau ftw.

vailpass
10-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I never understood the whole "putting fruit in beer makes you gay" thing. I love a lime wedge in my Corona and a lemon wedge in my Boulevard.

That being said, BLGW is nasty as is most all AB products. Lowenbrau ftw.

Being afraid to enjoy your beer just the way you like it because of what someone else thinks makes you gay.
I'm old enough now to realize that if it feels good do it .
Lime in my mexican beers, orange in my heffy is good to me.

CoMoChief
10-24-2009, 02:12 PM

I am a culinary genious.

MAN LAW: Don't fruit the beer.

Zebedee DuBois
10-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Slave to Advertising Company MAN LAW: Don't fruit the beer.

Adjusted your post, pardon my boldness.

vailpass
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Man law my ass. I support a wife and 3 kids. Responsible for 3 tuitions and uniforms, 2 houses, 3 vehicles, quads, motorcycles, food, clothes, phones, i-pods, ps3s, etc. etc. etc.. Provide medical, dental, vision and life insurance for a family. Keep my wife secure and happy. Bust my ass in this economy to make sure there is enough to pass on to the kids.
Man card? I guess if you need a card to prove you are in the club that's fine. Those of us who didn't have to apply to get in don't really give a shit what you think.

dirk digler
10-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Man law my ass. I support a wife and 3 kids. Responsible for 3 tuitions and uniforms, 2 houses, 3 vehicles, quads, motorcycles, food, clothes, phones, i-pods, ps3s, etc. etc. etc.. Provide medical, dental, vision and life insurance for a family. Keep my wife secure and happy. Bust my ass in this economy to make sure there is enough to pass on to the kids.
Man card? I guess if you need a card to prove you are in the club that's fine. Those of us who didn't have to apply to get in don't really give a shit what you think.

That sounds more like you are pussy whipped than anything. ;)

vailpass
10-24-2009, 03:01 PM
That sounds more like you are pussy whipped than anything. ;)

Oh shit, you know my mistress? :D

dirk digler
10-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh shit, you know my mistress? :D

Does she drink Zima?

wild1
10-24-2009, 03:02 PM
since all Budweiser products are low-rent generic versions of actual beers, I don't expect this is any exception.

vailpass
10-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Does she drink Zima?

ROFL I got nothin'.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-24-2009, 03:38 PM
You do know it's not going for Boulevard? It's going for Blue Moon.

That might explain it. I like Blue Moon.

Reaper16
10-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I like Old Rasputin, but it did point out to me that ratebeer (which rated it 100) is pretty much worthless.
100th percentile. But yeah, BeerAdvocate is a much better website than Ratebeer.

Old Raspy is still fantastic. There are dozens of better imperial stouts, but its super-awesome at the price point its scored at.

Archie F. Swin
04-16-2010, 09:56 PM
this shit fuckin rules!

Reaper16
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Man there were some stupid posts in this thread.

DeezNutz
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Man there were some stupid posts in this thread.

I'm always a bit confused when I start by saying something like, "I enjoy a Bud Light Lime," and then, one post later, say "Man Law, don't fruit the beer," in "criticism" of someone's post.

Do people miss or simply overlook the obvious irony? Because it's, well, obvious.

LaChapelle
04-16-2010, 10:20 PM
If you must be better than someone to get by
might as well start turning down free beer then

Wrasse
04-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Franziskaner (or Weihenstephaner) - Good Summer wheat beers

Optimator - Winter

Gotta love Spaten.

OK...and Samuel Smith's (Oatmeal Stout). :)

Alright - back to drinking - Franziskaner Dunkel is the best as well.

The Bunk
04-16-2010, 10:32 PM

Optimator - Winter

Gotta love Spaten.

You sir have fabulous taste in beer.

Reaper16
04-17-2010, 12:14 AM

Optimator - Winter

Gotta love Spaten.

Weihenstephaner is the king of hefeweizens for sure.

Miles
04-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Speaking of wheat beer, I was a little surprised that the bar I was at earlier tonight in a Denver suburb actually had Boulevard Wheat on tap. I think that is the first time I have seen it on draft around here.

Still didn't drink any because wheat beers, either Euro or domestic, are probably the only type of beer I really dislike.

Miles
04-17-2010, 02:25 AM
100th percentile. But yeah, BeerAdvocate is a much better website than Ratebeer.

Old Raspy is still fantastic. There are dozens of better imperial stouts, but its super-awesome at the price point its scored at.

I have been using BeerAdvocate for years and have found it really helpful. Likely wouldn't have heard about St. Bernardus without it.

Ah Old Rasputin. Haven't had that in a while and remembered it being pretty damn good and also a great name for a Russian stout.

Random aside: I have seen some new variant of Yeti Stout (espresso maybe?) around here but kinda hesitant to buy it because it sounds like one that could be a bit hit or miss for the price.

Reaper16
04-17-2010, 06:27 AM
I have been using BeerAdvocate for years and have found it really helpful. Likely wouldn't have heard about St. Bernardus without it.

Ah Old Rasputin. Haven't had that in a while and remembered it being pretty damn good and also a great name for a Russian stout.

Random aside: I have seen some new variant of Yeti Stout (espresso maybe?) around here but kinda hesitant to buy it because it sounds like one that could be a bit hit or miss for the price.
Espresso Oak-Aged Yeti is my favorite of the Great Divide Yeti family if that helps at all.

Braincase
04-17-2010, 07:05 AM
My philosophy on malt beverages is simple. Find your own beer. If you're drinking a macrobrew, you've found everybody else's beer.

Steve
04-17-2010, 07:36 AM
A real man drinks whatever he wants and dont give a f--ck what others say.A p--sy cares what other guys think about what he drinks.