PDA

View Full Version : KSU ****Official Kansas @ Kansas State Game Thread****

Pages : 1 [2]

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I've actually provided a very rational argument, you just don't want to hear it. And you've proved it with your second paragraph in this quote.
Your "rational" argument consisted of pointing out their record right now. It ignores all of the progress he's made over the past few seasons, it ignores the expectations people have for the team, and it ignores the fact that they wouldn't be able to get anybody better. Stop being a douchebag.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
You jumping off the bandwagon too, eh?

The wheels have fallen off.

In the words of Barry Switzer..."Y'all had a nice run"

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Mangino has won the games he was supposed to win and maybe one or two he shouldn't have.
As I've stated, and Frazod stated with vitriol, the 07 team was a product of the schedule and they failed miserably to follow that up with what should have been a North division championship. Don't tell me "History Awaits" means anything else.

I have seen several KU fans try to tell me they comparisons between the rise of KU football under Fats and the rise of KSU football under Snyder were virtual mirrors. The only problem is, they aren't.
At this stage of their careers one coach was about to reel off 4 consecutive 11 win seasons after taking over a team that had no talent, and almost no conference to play in.
The comparisons were poor and incorrect then and they are incorrect now.

I return you to your regularly scheduled wannabeing.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:02 PM
The wheels have fallen off.

In the words of Barry Switzer..."Y'all had a nice run"
I enjoyed it, yeah. The Orange Bowl/NC year in 2008 is something I'll never forget.

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I enjoyed it, yeah. The Orange Bowl/NC year in 2008 is something I'll never forget.

They won a NC that year? N/M Mangino does deserve to stick around.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:04 PM
5-4 isn't even bad for KU...at least compared to what they were before Mangino came. So please, STFU about firing the guy.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
They won a NC that year? N/M Mangino does deserve to stick around.
You know what I meant.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Couple of other things to add:

1. Student section had "shit towels" - white towels with brown streaks on them. Grand.

2. A couple of planes flew over the stadium and wrote "KU" in the sky. Funny prank.

3. Basketball season starts tomorrow!

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
5-4 isn't even bad for KU...at least compared to what they were before Mangino came. So please, STFU about firing the guy.

The "Year of Dominance:excluding MU" doesn't sound quite right.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm still waiting for that rational argument that explains what actual purpose there is in firing Mangino. What can be gained, exactly?

I guess I'm waiting for an argument that will never come.

WilliamTheIrish
The "Year of Dominance:excluding MU" doesn't sound quite right.

"But it's good enough"!

Saulbadguy

Naw, it's not bad for KU.

However, the Big XII North was much tougher when Terry Allen was around. You had Nebraska, K-State and Colorado all vying for spots in the Top 25.

KU also scheduled tougher under Terry Allen. Mangino has scheduled nothing but a guaranteed 4 wins every year he has been there in the non-conference (and loses one or two on the way each year).

All Mangino has to show for his body of work is a fluke 2007 season.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm still waiting for that rational argument that explains what actual purpose there is in firing Mangino. What can be gained, exactly?

I don't think anyone can make a rational argument to fire Mangino.

notorious
All Mangino has to show for his body ......

ROFL

KC_Connection
Naw, it's not bad for KU.

However, the Big XII North was much tougher when Terry Allen was around. You had Nebraska, K-State and Colorado all vying for spots in the Top 25.

KU also scheduled tougher under Terry Allen. Mangino has scheduled nothing but a guaranteed 4 wins every year he has been there in the non-conference (and loses one or two on the way each year).

All Mangino has to show for his body of work is a fluke 2007 season.

What purpose would there be in firing a guy that has improved recruiting like he has?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Just beat Nebraska for your BIG Brother.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't think anyone can make a rational argument to fire Mangino.
I know that already. Kstater should pick battles that he can win.

notorious
11-07-2009, 05:11 PM
What purpose would there be in firing a guy that has improved recruiting like he has?

Recruiting has improved in most part due to the decline of KSU, Colorado, and Nebraska.

Good luck keeping that up for any length of time.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't say 2007 was a fluke, especially with that win over VT,...KU had a great team that year, so did MU. But it was a perfect storm of good fortune, particularly with the easy schedule.

WilliamTheIrish
Hey, KC_C had to win something today....

Might as well be some hypothetical.

KC_Connection
Recruiting has improved in most part due to the decline of KSU, Colorado, and Nebraska.

Good luck keeping that up for any length of time.

Is there another coach we could bring to KU that would recruit better than Mangino has?

No is the answer that question.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey, KC_C had to win something today....

Might as well be some hypothetical.
Hopefully the Leafs and Raptors win tonight, but I'm not getting my hopes up with those shitty teams.

Saulbadguy
I wouldn't say 2007 was a fluke, especially with that win over VT,...KU had a great team that year, so did MU. But it was a perfect storm of good fortune, particularly with the easy schedule.

VT was the only good win they had. It was a great season.

However, it was a FLUKE - when you look at the previous 2 years, and now the 2 years after 2007, it is nothing but a fluke, a statistical anomaly. I don't see why ku fans can't grasp the meaning of the word FLUKE.

Saulbadguy
Is there another coach we could bring to KU that would recruit better than Mangino has?

Terry Bowden.

kstater

KU could hire Chris Petersen away from Boise St. I heard he likes the Big 12.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Hopefully the Leafs and Raptors win tonight, but I'm not getting my hopes up with those shitty teams.

You're a good guy. I'm just f'ing w/ya a little. At least you're here.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:16 PM
VT was the only good win they had. It was a great season.

However, it was a FLUKE - when you look at the previous 2 years, and now the 2 years after 2007, it is nothing but a fluke, a statistical anomaly. I don't see why ku fans can't grasp the meaning of the word FLUKE.

A fluke suggests that luck was the main reason behind the success. I don't agree with that.

A statistical anomaly is not a fluke.

kstater
You're a good guy. I'm just f'ing w/ya a little. At least you're here.

I would of let off of him if another beaker had shown. But he's here.

WilliamTheIrish
Oh, and I'm sorry you lost your Super Bowl today.

KC_Connection
KU could hire Chris Petersen away from Boise St. I heard he likes the Big 12.
And he would do better than Mangino, why?

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
And he would do better than Mangino, why?

He can post a winning conference record? :shrug:

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Would he get this team to the Orange Bowl? Would he have them consistently win games over the period of a half decade?

What makes you think that any other coach could do more with KU's program?

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Would he get this team to the Orange Bowl? Would he have them consistently win games over the period of a half decade?

What makes you think that any other coach could do more with KU's program?

You might want to remove the stick.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
You might want to remove the stick.
You might want to stop being an irrational prick.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM

He can beat Oklahoma.

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
He can beat Oklahoma.

He already has the right color clothes.

WilliamTheIrish
He can beat Oklahoma.

That's not the History they were Awaiting.

KC_Connection
And isn't KU actually a step down from Boise State? We are talking football programs, right?

notorious

I agree 100%.

It will be hard to keep getting those 3 stars that make up a decent midwest Big 12 team.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
This picture sums it all up.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/11/07/16/576-110709ksu_ku17.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.JPG

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Knock out a few wine boxes tonight, Todd.

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
This picture sums it all up.

I'm sure he'll get some consolation when he gets home.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sZLmcf2vECQ/SnNrV9mCPmI/AAAAAAAADsA/fndmSi4oKdU/s400/Reesing1.jpg

kcfanXIII
11-07-2009, 05:28 PM

no reason at all. not at this point in the ku football program evolution. if in a few years this becomes the norm maybe, but it would be insane to fire him right now.

Silock
11-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Strangely enough, the fact that you KSU'ers are even bothering to celebrate this much only shows that deep down, you respect KU's football program's progress.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Strangely enough, the fact that you KSU'ers are even bothering to celebrate this much only shows that deep down, you respect KU's football program's progress.

Strangely enough, there won't be any more *****Official KU***** football threads. I guess that shows deep down, how much KU fans actually respect their own program's progress.

Of course, you could start next weeks thread now. Win that one for your Big Brother.

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM

LMAO

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Good point.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 05:44 PM

Yeah, we shouldn't celebrate a victory.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/11/07/16/576-110709ksu_ku17.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.JPG

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Good point.

"We laughed... A winners laugh".

kstater
11-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, we shouldn't celebrate a victory.

I do take solace in the fact that had KU won, this board would be as free of beakers as it is now.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 05:58 PM
"We laughed... A winners laugh".

Is that quote a reference to something that I'm missing?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Is that quote a reference to something that I'm missing?

No. It's a quote in response to the typical losers lament of "Since you're in this thread, deep down you must respect" ....

Actually it's a quote from a great book written by Jim Bouton when he played for the Seattle Pilots after being with the Yankees on a World Champion team. His context was much funnier though.

Ever read that book? As baseball fan, it's a staple. It's dated now as it was written in 1969, but still funny and insightful as hell.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
No. It's a quote in response to the typical losers lament of "Since you're in this thread, deep down you must respect" ....

Actually it's a quote from a great book written by Jim Bouton when he played for the Seattle Pilots after being with the Yankees on a World Champion team. His context was much funnier though.

Ever read that book? As baseball fan, it's a staple. It's dated now as it was written in 1969, but still funny and insightful as hell.
No, I'll have to read it I guess.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 06:10 PM

I guess I'm waiting for an argument that will never come.Well plenty of people have made the arguement your just content with mediocrity, dumb as fuck, or someone uses your figurative ears as cum dumpsters. What can be gained by getting rid of a guy that is average at best is a shot at trying to become something other than an excuse to get together to drink beer while waiting for basketball season to start. I applauded you earlier for not being a no show pussy like Skip and Reerun but your doing yourself a real disservice at this point.
Mangino is going to eat himself into the morgue so a new coach will be had soon enough. His fatass has one conference winning season in eight years and with a great college QB his program has regressed since the 2007 FLUKE or ABERRATION (pick which one sounds less painful). All day long you've been defending your program as being a great program and now your fine with fatass and mediocrity. Pick one and fucking own it. Quit being a wishy washy bitch. Or better yet do yourself a favor and give it up. You've officially high jacked this thread and you've gotten your attention, but I'm sick of hearing your drivel. It's STFU time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock
11-07-2009, 06:11 PM
losers lament

Losers lament? No, you're only as happy as you are when you beat a good team. It's not nearly as much fun when you beat a team that sucks.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think KCC has defended KU as being a great program. He did defend them as more than a fluke or aberration.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Losers lament? No, you're only as happy as you are when you beat a good team. It's not nearly as much fun when you beat a team that sucks.

Yes, we saw no celebration on this board when KU beat a poor KSU team last year. None at all.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Well plenty of people have made the arguement your just content with mediocrity, dumb as ****, or someone uses your figurative ears as cum dumpsters. I applauded you earlier for not being a no show pussy like Skip and Reerun but your doing yourself a real disservice at this point.

It's called being realistic, you dumb piece of shit. KU has taken a significant step up since Mangino arrived.

Mangino is going to eat himself into the morgue so a new coach will be had soon enough. His fatass has one conference winning season in eight years and with a great college QB his program has regressed since the 2007 FLUKE or ABERRATION (pick which one sounds less painful). All day long you've been defending your program as being a great program and now your fine with fatass and mediocrity.

I've never once called KU's football program great. Stop painting me as something I'm not.

Pick one and ****ing own it. Quit being a wishy washy bitch. Or better yet do yourself a favor and give it up. You've officially high jacked this thread and you've gotten your attention, but I'm sick of hearing your drivel. It's STFU time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dude, you're the guy with the massive inferiority complex here. How long have you been waiting for the satisfaction of actually beating KU at football? Does it really mean that much to you?

A bit of advice: stop ****ing whining like a little bitch about KU's football program. What the hell do you care, anyway?

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't think KCC has defended KU as being a great program. He did defend them as more than a fluke or aberration.
Well William that is still a losing arguement :)
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I defended the 2007 season as more than a luck-based fluke. The VT win is evidence of that. That is all.

Anyway, it seems that a lot of you have massive chips on your shoulders. I guess I should have expected that from KState fans...

notorious
11-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes, we saw no celebration on this board when KU beat a poor KSU team last year. None at all.

Your sarcasm is spot on.

I went to the previous 3 matchups, and there is no way to describe how much KU loved beating KSU.

Closest way to describe their reaction was like they just won the Superbowl and World Series.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It may be time for Lew to bring in his own guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

He hasn't hired anyone yet - well, except the womens basketball coach. I'd be interested to see who he could land.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh, and I'm not sure I would call Reesing a great college QB either. He's certainly been good, but I credit a lot of his success to Mangino's system and the players around him.

notorious
11-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh, and I'm not sure I would call Reesing a great college QB either. He's certainly been good, but I credit a lot of his success to Mangino's system and the players around him.

Reesing has been outstanding for KU.

Just about any program out there would love to have them on their team.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Reesing has been outstanding for KU.

Just about any program out there would love to have them on their team.

A great college QB, though? He isn't exactly what I would define as that.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I defended the 2007 season as more than a luck-based fluke. The VT win is evidence of that. That is all.

Anyway, it seems that a lot of you have massive chips on your shoulders. I guess I should have expected that from KState fans...

Waaaaaaah.

"we laughed....a winners laugh".

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Waaaaaaah.

"we laughed....a winners laugh".

I call it as I see it. Some of you have been waiting for this moment for years now.

Silock
11-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I call it as I see it. Some of you have been waiting for this moment for years now.

They have a lot of patience. After all, they waited 25 years to win against us in their own basketball arena.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
It's called being realistic, you dumb piece of shit. KU has taken a significant step up since Mangino arrived.

I've never once called KU's football program great. Stop painting me as something I'm not.

Dude, you're the guy with the massive inferiority complex here. How long have you been waiting for the satisfaction of actually beating KU at football? Does it really mean that much to you?

A bit of advice: stop ****ing whining like a little bitch about KU's football program. What the hell do you care, anyway?
Yes fucktard it means just as much to me to beat KU as it has to you guys over the last three years. Most of you fuckers loved to rub it in when KU was beating us. Now that order has been restored KU is "just a basketball school" and K State fans shouldn't be thrilled with beating their in state rival. And dude as far as having any complex issues I'm not the one that's been sitting at my computer all day responding to every post directed towards me or my school within minutes. It's a beautiful Saturday night. Get off your computer and find something productive to do. Peace
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:32 PM

Same here. And last year, as in '07 many, many more people ( the usual suspects, conspicuously absent today) waited 15 years to tell us all about it.

And just like you, I was here. Good luck finding this thread next year.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 06:36 PM

Yes, we want to beat ku. There are our in-state rival.

kstater
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, we want to beat ku. There are our in-state rival.

True, but we shouldn't celebrate it, ruins the rival fans' day.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Same here. And last year, as in '07 many, many more people ( the usual suspects, conspicuously absent today) waited 15 years to tell us all about it.

And just like you, I was here. Good luck finding this thread next year.
This. At least K State fans remain loyal and will still show up even if we lose. You look at all the KU game threads and the post count during the game and it just shows what bitches the normal shit talkers are when they know their taking one on the chin. During the game the post count didn't break 150. Fucking weak. Rock......Chalk......Suck.......Cock. Rock Chalk Suck Cock KU!!
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
True, but we shouldn't celebrate it, ruins the rival fans' day.

Perhaps Silock should make a c&p of this mean thread and send it to the Big 12 office. After all, I'm sure I did more damage than Denis Clemente.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
This. At least K State fans remain loyal and will still show up even if we lose. You look at all the KU game threads and the post count during the game and it just shows what bitches the normal shit talkers are when they know their taking one on the chin. During the game the post count didn't break 150. Fucking weak. Rock......Chalk......Suck.......Cock. Rock Chalk Suck Cock KU!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Friggin roaches.

Pioli Zombie
11-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Let me get this straight. Kansas lost to KState today??
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Let me get this straight. Kansas lost to KState today??
Posted via Mobile Device

No. ku beat themselves.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
No. ku beat themselves.

ReesINT gave the game away. KSU did not run for almost 300 yards.

teedubya
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Hahah... they really should have saved the "History Awaits" for the KU Men's team this year.

They wasted a good slogan.

I am in full hoops mode. This game didn't phase me one iota.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh, and Phil Steele is a genious111

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Hahah... they really should have saved the "History Awaits" for the KU Men's team this year.

They wasted a good slogan.

I am in full hoops mode. This game didn't phase me one iota.

This KSU team could still lose out. Nothing for granted.

It was all about who had the home field today.

ArrowheadHawk
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Glad to see the kstate peeps stayin' classy. Congrats on the win guys. No excuses here. I'm ready for next year with Pick I think he is going to be a good QB. Something is wrong with Reesing mentally.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
For all intents and purposes... the KU football season was over in Colorado.

Now, once college football gets a playoff system... that will change. College football is my 4th favorite sport.

1. College Hoops.
2. NFL Football
3. MLB.

4. College Football.

5. NBA

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Glad to see the kstate peeps stayin' classy. Congrats on the win guys. No excuses here. I'm ready for next year with Pick I think he is going to be a good QB. Something is wrong with Reesing mentally.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't get over how bad of a name "Pick" is for a QB. I don't know much about the guy except he is from Dodge City.

notorious
11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pick is a good kid with excellent parents that got recruited by some good programs.

As for being a good college football QB, the future will tell.

Braincase
11-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Congrats to K-State. Where does the overall series sit after this game?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

The salt from your tears is delish.

kstater
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM

I believe KU is still like +25 give or take.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM

Another 28 and we'll be even.

kstater
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Another 28 and we'll be even.

Think Snyder will live into his 90's? Got a chance if he does.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Think Snyder will live into his 90's? Got a chance if he does.

Only if we freeze him like Ted Williams' head.

kstater
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Only if we freeze him like Ted Williams' head.

A frozen Bill Snyder would still own KU.

Mr. Plow
11-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeesh. What a horrible game for KU. I take that back. What a horrible game for Reesing...again. I don't know wtf is going on with him, but he's been horrible the last 4 weeks.

I thought even with his stupid ass mistakes, the defense was holding KSU. But, it had to give eventually and KSU capitalized. Congrats on the win!

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes ****tard it means just as much to me to beat KU as it has to you guys over the last three years. Most of you ****ers loved to rub it in when KU was beating us. Now that order has been restored KU is "just a basketball school" and K State fans shouldn't be thrilled with beating their in state rival. And dude as far as having any complex issues I'm not the one that's been sitting at my computer all day responding to every post directed towards me or my school within minutes. It's a beautiful Saturday night. Get off your computer and find something productive to do. Peace
Posted via Mobile Device

Just stop. Seriously.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Inferiority complexes really do show, I'll say that.

notorious
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Just stop. Seriously.

Wow, it's the few idiots that give fanbases a bad name.

We do not claim this lost soul.

Coach
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice game KU fans. If it wasn't for those turnovers by Reesing, I'd say that you may had won this game.

3 turnovers really hurt you. IIRC, 3 of them were 10 points off, weren't they? Of course, K-State gave KU alot of oppiturnites to win the game in the 4th quarter with some shoddy playcalling by K-State.

Coach
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Right, says a guy who claimed that KU is still good enough to win the Big XII North with 4 wins.

Sorry. Better luck again next year.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 07:56 PM

No kidding. It's amazing that a seemingly relatively intelligent person like yourself let's that guy bur so deeply under your paper thin skin.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice game KU fans. If it wasn't for those turnovers by Reesing, I'd say that you may had won this game.

That's what I was saying. Apparently that was just a ridiculous idea, though.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Right, says a guy who claimed that KU is still good enough to win the Big XII North with 4 wins.

#1. I never claimed that KU would win any of those games. Only that it was a possibility.
#2. Not sure how that means I have an inferiority complex.

Coach
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM

But, at the same time, KSU had alot of oppiturnies as well, and they blew it. Twice that Brandon Banks had wide open looks and just couldn't haul it in. There were also several overthrown passes by Gregory as well.

Basically, this game was alot of missed oppiturnies all together. 3 turnovers however, pretty much killed them.

KC_Connection
No kidding. It's amazing that a seemingly relatively intelligent person like yourself let's that guy bur so deeply under your paper thin skin.

I was also talking about you.

WilliamTheIrish

Looks like coach read the thread and then put a ring in your nose. Next thing ya know, he'll lead you on a run through Folsom Field.

Coach
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
#1. I never claimed that KU would win any of those games. Only that it was a possibility.
#2. Not sure how that means I have an inferiority complex.

Well, if you didn't, then my apologies.

However, I did say that they weren't going to win the Big XII North though. I don't think 4 wins is really going to win it. I see either Neb or KSU with 5.

KC_Connection
But, at the same time, KSU had alot of oppiturnies as well, and they blew it. Twice that Brandon Banks had wide open looks and just couldn't haul it in. There were also several overthrown passes by Gregory as well.

Basically, this game was alot of missed oppiturnies all together. 3 turnovers however, pretty much killed them.

Basically, KSU sucks and KU sucks. KSU is just less suckier than them.

Coach
Looks like coach read the thread and then put a ring in your nose. Next thing ya know, he'll lead you on a run through Folsom Field.

RALPHIE!!!

GoHuge
I get a kick out of KCC. He's spewed his ignorance all day long and with enough brow beating he's gone from proclaiming that KU was still a contender for the North to "ah shucks we're just a basketball school and we don't really care to be good at football." He's just an easy target and a gluten for punishment. Poor guys been played like a fiddle all day long :)
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM

Yes, but only 1 had a Heisman candidate and conference championship aspirations.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I was also talking about you.

Oh... you've cut me. You're really turning into the KU version of Pete. Shall we reach for the icy speculum?

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I get a kick out of KCC. He's spewed his ignorance all day long and with enough brow beating he's gone from proclaiming that KU was still a contender for the North to "ah shucks we're just a basketball school and we don't really care to be good at football." He's just an easy target and a gluten for punishment. Poor guys been played like a fiddle all day long :)
Posted via Mobile Device
#1. You have perceived hate all day that just isn't there, ever since my original innocuous comment about Reesing. I don't hate KState or their football team. Get over yourself.

#2. KU was still a contender in the North until today...than they lost.

#3. KU never stopped being just a basketball school. Anybody who is actually paying attention to recruiting practices and results knows that.

Coach
11-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Maybe so, but it's not a coincidence that KSU can control the tempo of the game with their running game.

They completely tore up that KU defense on the ground with 43 attempts for 264 yards, a 6.1 YPC, compare to KU's running game with a 23 for 58 yards, a Larry Johnson-like 2.5 YPC.

This is the same team that tore up that talented OU defense in the last 3 quarters on the ground.

And when the weather is going to get cold, it probably will make a difference, especially if the game is in Lincoln.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes, but only 1 had a Heisman candidate and conference championship aspirations.

You really think our midget was a Heisman candidate?

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Maybe so, but it's not a coincidence that KSU can control the tempo of the game with their running game.

There's no maybe here. If KU is a bad football team, so is KSU.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Basically, KSU sucks and KU sucks. KSU is just less suckier than them.Yeah one team is 4-1 and in first place. The other is 1-4 and in last. Almost spitting images of one another......just stop talking. This hole of yours is turning into a crater.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh... you've cut me. You're really turning into the KU version of Pete. Shall we reach for the icy speculum?
Wouldn't I have to be a homer, then? I'm the farthest thing from that.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah one team is 4-1 and in first place. The other is 1-4 and in last. Almost spitting images of one another......just stop talking. This hole of yours is turning into a crater.
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you telling me that KSU looked impressive today compared to KU? It's not like that was some kind of a blowout out there. Reesing largely blew that game by himself in the 1st half. These two football teams aren't good.

kstater
Umm...according to whose standards? This is a basketball school and it always will be a basketball school. There are no expectations for success of the football program. Nobody gives a shit.

Are you suggesting that KU isn't a basketball school? Or that KU's football program has actual standards of success?

Which one?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3TJBkoZeMVU/R7YXzOZ2hTI/AAAAAAAABcs/mlbmcV0SvkU/s400/waiting.jpg

#3. KU never stopped being just a basketball school. Anybody who is actually paying attention to recruiting practices and results knows that.

Coach
There's no maybe here. If KU is a bad football team, so is KSU.

I'm not aware that being 4-2 in the confernce is "bad".

Listen to me sonny. If you don't have a strong running game (See Missouri and KU for example) you ain't going anywhere, but down in the toilet.

It's simple logic. If you have a good running game, and play some type of a defense, your team control the tempo of the game to your advantage. Also you'll be going bowling.

KU does not have either one. Neither does Missouri. It is NOT a coincidence that they both are in the bottom of the Big XII North.

Nebraska has a good defense. Their running game, suspect at best. If I was Conning, going against Nebraska, I'd stack 8 in the box, and make the freshman beat me with his arm.

It's simple football anatomy.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not aware that being 4-2 in the confernce is "bad".

Listen to me sonny. If you don't have a strong running game (See Missouri and KU for example) you ain't going anywhere, but down in the toilet.

It's simple logic. If you have a good running game, and play some type of a defense, your team control the tempo of the game to your advantage. Also you'll be going bowling.

KU does not have either one. Neither does Missouri. It it NOT a coincidence that they both are in the bottom of the Big XII.

Nebraska has a good defense. Their running game, suspect at best. If I was Conning, going against Nebraska, I'd stack 8 in the box, and make the freshman beat me with his arm.

It's simple football anatomy.

No, a football team that lost to La. Lafayette and struggled to score against KU's defense is bad. If you don't realize that, I'm sorry. Maybe we just have a different definition of bad. Maybe you like to call it mediocrity.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't I have to be a homer, then? I'm the farthest thing from that.

No, just a kind of a baby. With an inferiority complex. And such anger.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3TJBkoZeMVU/R7YXzOZ2hTI/AAAAAAAABcs/mlbmcV0SvkU/s400/waiting.jpg
Judge Smails!

I'm still waiting to see that rational argument for firing Mangino, btw.

notorious
11-07-2009, 08:17 PM
No, a football team that lost to La. Lafayette and struggled to score against KU's defense is bad. If you don't realize that, I'm sorry. Maybe we just have a different definition of bad. Maybe you like to call it mediocrity.

Average. Nothing more, nothing less.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:18 PM
No, just a kind of a baby. With an inferiority complex. And such anger.
How could I possibly feel inferior to KState and their sports programs? Explain that to me.

Coach
11-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Well, just to borrow Coach Snyder's trade mark here. "We just got a little bit better....until here we are."

I have tried to explain everything to you up to this point. Obviously, you aren't going to listen to me, which is fine.

Enjoy sitting at home, eating cheez-its.

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm just trying to understand why some of you feel so proud about beating such a bad football program. Why do you care so much if you are so much better than us?

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm just trying to understand why some of you feel so proud about beating such a bad football program. Why do you care so much if you are so much better than us?

It's like the final nail in the coffin to shut the ku "fans" on this board up. If you've noticed you are the only ku fan posting on this thread. While that is admirable, it is very telling.

Coach
11-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Becuase THIS wasn't expected two months ago. Alot of Jayhawk fans were running their mouths and was going to give K-State a beatdown, etc. etc. etc.

That's what makes this so much more sweeter for K-State fans.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
How could I possibly feel inferior to KState and their sports programs? Explain that to me.

The person with the problem is always the last to know. But I'll always be here to remind you.

That's what your Big Brother is here for.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Why do you care that we care? (that you care that we care that you care that we care?)

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:24 PM
It's like the final nail in the coffin to shut the ku "fans" on this board up. If you've noticed you are the only ku fan posting on this thread. While that is admirable, it is very telling.
KU is the favorite for the NC in basketball. A superior accomplishment to anything that a KState team will ever do in any sport. And you are telling me that I have something to feel bad about? Seriously?

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Why do you care that we care? (that you care that we care that you care that we care?)
I don't. I'm just bored.

Saulbadguy
KU is the favorite for the NC in basketball. A superior accomplishment to anything that a KState team will ever do in any sport. And you are telling me that I have something to feel bad about? Seriously?

...and there you have it, folks.

KC_Connection
Becuase THIS wasn't expected two months ago. Alot of Jayhawk fans were running their mouths and was going to give K-State a beatdown, etc. etc. etc.

That's what makes this so much more sweeter for K-State fans.

Who was doing this smack talk?

Braincase
11-07-2009, 08:26 PM

The KU fans have nothing to brag about. Congrats to K-State on breaking the streak. (And now he's not the only KU fan posting in this thread)

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't. I'm just bored.

And inferior. ;)

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
...and there you have it, folks.

The bottomline is that you guys have been waiting for this day for over 2 years. Was the win worth it? Was it as good as you would thought it would be?

Because it's ultimately meaningless to your "rivals."

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:28 PM
The bottomline is that you guys have been waiting for this day for over 2 years. Was the win worth it? Was it as good as you would thought it would be?

Since when did Texas care that KSU beat KU?

DeezNutz
11-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Of course KU fans don't care.

And that's why they keep bringing up the BB banners.

Braincase
11-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Let 'em have their victory. They earned it. If you don't like listening to 'em, get off the damned internet.

kstater
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Who was doing this smack talk?

Well, the KU Athletic department.

http://www.sportsjuiceblog.com/images/Kansas-Football.jpg

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM

I care. I devoted over 2 months of my attention to this team. But in all honestly, football is always just a side-sport at KU. The money and attention goes to the basketball program for a reason.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:31 PM

Inferior sport = inferiority complex.

But if it's done in an MU thread, "it's a rivalry"!!

Braincase

http://www.sportsjuiceblog.com/images/Kansas-Football.jpg

Yeah. I hope that idiot gets his papers.

KC_Connection

They care about making money off home games. They don't care about making a program that is equivalent to the basketball.

DeezNutz
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
I care. I devoted over 2 months of my attention to this team. But in all honestly, football is always just a side-sport at KU. The money and attention goes to the basketball program for a reason.

And that's how it will always be at KU. The resources simply aren't there to sustain both programs at a high level.

Of course, the homers will disagree, but they'll be wrong.

kstater
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
They care about making money off home games. They don't care about making a program that is equivalent to the basketball.

Wouldn't making a program a perennial contender make more money than say a perennial conference loser?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I hope that idiot gets his papers.

BC, how ya been? Haven't heard much from ya lately. Kids doing well? How'd Pop Warner FB go?

KC_Connection
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Wouldn't making a program a perennial contender make more money than say a perennial conference loser?

Of course. Are you saying KU is capable of making a perennial football contender? I just don't see how that is a possibility. The resources go to the basketball, and rightfully so.

Braincase
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
BC, how ya been? Haven't heard much from ya lately. Kids doing well? How'd Pop Warner FB go?

Last game of our season tomorrow. Probably end up 2-6 overall. We've got size and enthusiasm, but we're lacking in speed and discipline. Never completely filled out the 3rd grade roster on a 2nd/3rd grade team. Need to fill 8 spots on the roster before next season. Goals are to fill in with 5 linemen and 3 skill positions players. It'll be nice to have a team comprised of just 4th graders next fall. We started waaaay to many 2nd graders this year.

ChiTown
11-07-2009, 08:38 PM

ROFL

I enjoyed being there and watching. So yeah, thanks.:evil:

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Last game of our season tomorrow. Probably end up 2-6 overall. We've got size and enthusiasm, but we're lacking in speed and discipline. Never completely filled out the 3rd grade roster on a 2nd/3rd grade team. Need to fill 8 spots on the roster before next season. Goals are to fill in with 5 linemen and 3 skill positions players. It'll be nice to have a team comprised of just 4th graders next fall. We started waaaay to many 2nd graders this year.

Cool. Did you have good parents? having good parents on board is always helpful. I did 12 seasons of youth soccer that, at times, aged me.

Braincase
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Cool. Did you have good parents? having good parents on board is always helpful. I did 12 seasons of youth soccer that, at times, aged me.

We had some personality conflicts amongst the 3rd grade/2nd grade dads. 3rd grade dads have been through it, more relaxed. Some of the 2nd grad dads were hardcore type A's. I'm looking forward to next season already.

DaKernal
11-07-2009, 08:51 PM
GO CATS!!! They might actually win the North, who would've thought?

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 08:55 PM
We had some personality conflicts amongst the 3rd grade/2nd grade dads. 3rd grade dads have been through it, more relaxed. Some of the 2nd grad dads were hardcore type A's. I'm looking forward to next season already.

It can be a real exercise in personality management sometimes. Good luck tomorrow, BC.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 08:55 PM
What a bunch of flawed logic :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Braincase
11-07-2009, 08:57 PM
It can be a real exercise in personality management sometimes. Good luck tomorrow, BC.

Looks like we're playing a team we lost to 20-0, but we forced 4 turnovers. We just don't have any speed at running back. We've got to depend on brute force from our front line. The team we're playing is sponsored by the Boy's Club, and they've got speed for days.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Looks like we're playing a team we lost to 20-0, but we forced 4 turnovers. We just don't have any speed at running back. We've got to depend on brute force from our front line. The team we're playing is sponsored by the Boy's Club, and they've got speed for days.

Are you teaching a Win 7 class in Topeka, January 11th? :D

Braincase
11-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Are you teaching a Win 7 class in Topeka, January 11th? :D If it's in Topeka, I'm probably teaching in.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
If it's in Topeka, I'm probably teaching in.

See you there.

KCChiefsMan
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats, KSU. Good luck the rest of the way.

:toast:

KCChiefsMan
11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
well I'm done with this season, but if we beat Mizzou, it's all good

ChiTown
11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
BTW, I met some great KU fans in Manhattan today. The KU fans around us were all treated very well.

Props to those fans making the trek to Manhattan.

GoHuge
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Different teams provide different matchups. You can say that K State is lucky or on the same level as KU as far as degrees of bad, but the Cats scored thirty against OU. That's more than any team including Miami and Texas. I'm not sitting here claiming the Cats are an elite team, but to say they are 1-4 KU atrocious is inaccurate at best. And btw KCC everything today has been all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. No hard feelings and nothing personal. Have a good night my friend. The bars and single ladies are calling my name.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
well I'm done with this season, but if we beat Mizzou, it's all good

We are all hoping ku beats Mizzou and Nebraska.

BigRock
11-07-2009, 09:19 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/4853/princeol3.gif

K-STATE VICTORY WALK

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Bill Snyder is making it look too easy at Kansas State
By JASON WHITLOCK - McClatchy Newspapers

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Maybe this was all inevitable, Kansas State's emergence as the only team capable of seizing control of the embarrassingly mediocre Big 12 North.

In hindsight, there is little reason to be surprised that Bill Snyder would squeeze more out of his collection of two- and three-star recruits than would Mark Mangino, Gary Pinkel, Bo Pelini, Dan Hawkins and Paul Rhoads.

When Snyder first took over the Wildcats, he competed against Tom Osborne and Bill McCartney, coaches who built national-title teams and routinely landed some of the nation's top recruits.

External Link http://www.kansascity.com

Compared to Osborne and McCartney, Snyder's primary coaching competitors today must look like Mo, Larry and Todd Haley to the architect of the Manhattan Miracle.

This is just too easy. Saturday, Snyder and his Wildcats moved one giant step closer to securing the North crown, taking the ample candy offered to them by Mangino's Jayhawks.

Kansas State 17, Kansas 10.

The Wildcats improved to 6-4 overall and 4-2 in the Big 12, thanks largely to three huge errors committed by KU quarterback Todd Reesing, who spent the first 30 minutes at Bill Snyder Family Stadium playing like Mangino was perched on his back.

Reesing simply tried too hard. In the opening half, he folded under the pressure put on him by Mangino's Texas Tech benching and the players-only meeting Reesing called in an attempt to shake himself out of his slump and his team out of its losing streak.

He tossed a horrible first-quarter interception, flinging the football into a swarm of K-State defenders. He followed the pick with an avoidable fumble, when he scrambled out of the pocket, picked up first-down yardage and was stripped from behind by a K-State defender. The smart play would've been to hook slide after picking up the first down.

Reesing's most damaging error came just before halftime. Again, he scrambled on third and long. Two K-State defenders had him cornered 4 yards short of the first-down marker. Reesing should've slid and allowed KU to punt with less than a minute to play in the half. Instead, he put his head down and tried to bowl over the K-State defenders. The ball popped loose and was recovered by the Wildcats.

K-State took full advantage. Grant Gregory hit Lamark Brown for a 31-yard score that gave K-State a 10-7 advantage and all the momentum it would need.

From there, Snyder pretty much turned the game over to running back Daniel Thomas and Gregory. Thomas rushed for 130 yards in the second half on 15 carries. Gregory added 35 second-half rushing yards. Thomas finished the game with 185 yards and one TD.

The Cats were completely one-dimensional. Gregory passed for 66 yards - and just one yard in the second half. That's right. K-State completed one pass for one yard in the final 30 minutes and still won.

That's embarrassing for KU on multiple fronts. The Jayhawks' defense couldn't stop Thomas even though the unit knew he was K-State's lone option. And KU's offense - although turnover-free in the second half - only managed two field-goal attempts after the break.

KU's field-goal drive in the fourth quarter was a maddening mess. Down two scores, it took 16 plays and seven minutes, 38 seconds for the Jayhawks to march 58 yards. They didn't try to speed up the pace of the game. They seemed unconcerned with the clock. The biggest concern seemed to be making sure Reesing didn't turn the ball over with an errant downfield pass.

Mangino stripped this team of its swagger. Not just Reesing. Kicker Jacob Branstetter missed two makeable field goals Saturday. Mangino spent all last week talking about Branstetter's limitations as a kicker. The kid showed a lot of limitations on Saturday.

Mangino basically bragged about spending the season fixing his defense. He had no success last week fixing KU's offense. The Jayhawks reflect their coach. They're exhausted, over-extended and weighed down. Yes, the pun is intentional.

I'm not going to dwell on this today, but the round-the-clock burden of leading a college football team is tough to sustain for a man of Mangino's girth. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm overweight. I know Mangino's challenge. I'm sympathetic.

But Bill Snyder vs. Mark Mangino is a mismatch.

Mangino will never again face a Snyder-coached team in which KU will hold such a sizeable advantage in talent, skill and system experience. Mangino had a similar advantage in 2005, and Snyder clowned him in Manhattan, winning 12-3.

Two weeks ago I predicted K-State wouldn't win another game this season. Now I'll be totally shocked if Snyder doesn't put a shiny nose and floppy shoes on Gary Pinkel next week.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Jason is so wishy washy.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
<object height="340" width="560">emaw

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEpV49gLra4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Bearcat
11-09-2009, 09:19 AM
When should we be expecting the DVD release?

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
When should we be expecting the DVD release?
They come bundled with the t-shirt.

HemiEd
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Good for Bill Snyder, good for him.

58kcfan89
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
<object height="340" width="560">emaw

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEpV49gLra4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

EMAW indeed. Can't wait for the MU game on senior day and then the NU game for the North...

Bearcat
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I know this will just come off as lame smack or sour grapes or whatever, but the only thing worse than Mizzou-rah (it's Missoureeee) is EMAW.

Every man an animal.

WTF?

In conclusion, Rock Chalk And Other Academic-Related Terms That Rhyme With JAYHAWK!

:D

ChiTown
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I know this will just come off as lame smack or sour grapes or whatever, but the only thing worse than Mizzou-rah (it's Missoureeee) is EMAW.

Every man an animal.

WTF?

In conclusion, Rock Chalk And Other Academic-Related Terms That Rhyme With JAYHAWK!

This, from a fan of Toucan Sam? HA!

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Every man an animal.

WTF?

It's a "TRADITION"!!!1111

mikeyis4dcats.
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Every man an animal.

WTF?

well, at least you can admit it.

Bearcat
11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, I guess since your mascot is actually just a guy with a big Wildcat head, it kind of works...

well, at least you can admit it.

Mascot smack is always a little lame, even though I don't see my opinion changing regarding those two schools if I was a fan of another team (besides one of those schools).

Definitely not sour grapes, but whatever floats your boat... didn't see the game, and when you're ~10,000 miles away and your team has already lost to Colorado, etc; it's just another loss. ;)

ChiefsNWildcats
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
MU is going to be a very tough game to win. They have a pretty good rushing D and a strong passing game. Hope our O-Line can bring it one more week. Gotta keep the MU offense off the field.

KSU gets down early, that could be trouble. Will be hard to run our way back from a hole. Gregory needs to hit those open receivers and not overthrow them on every passing play.

ChiTown
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
MU is going to be a very tough game to win. They have a pretty good rushing D and a strong passing game. Hope our O-Line can bring it one more week. Gotta keep the MU offense off the field.

KSU gets down early, that could be trouble. Will be hard to run our way back from a hole. Gregory needs to hit those open receivers and not overthrow them on every passing play.

Honest to God, I'm trying to get concerned about this game, but I can't get there.

I think we control the clock, play smart, and force Gabbert into mistakes. I also think we'll get a ST's score.

KSU 31

Mizzou 20

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Honest to God, I'm trying to get concerned about this game, but I can't get there.

I think we control the clock, play smart, and force Gabbert into mistakes. I also think we'll get a ST's score.

KSU 31

Mizzou 20

I'm concerned, but I generally am going in to conference games. We aren't as talented as Mizzou, and we haven't done great against pass happy teams (except KU).

However... Gary Pinkel has never beat Bill Snyder. That comforts me going in to this game. To me, this is bigger than the Nebraska game. I can deal with not going to the Big XII title game. I'd love for this team to get bowl eligible.

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Goodluck Wildcats

kstater
11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
To me, this is bigger than the Nebraska game. I can deal with not going to the Big XII title game. I'd love for this team to get bowl eligible.

Yup, from where this team was at the beginning season it's a great accomplishment to be in a position to become eligible. I done went and started caring about this team and now expect a bowl team. Still see Nebraska as a pretty heavy favorite to win the North though, this team isn't good enough to win in Lincoln.

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Yup, from where this team was at the beginning season it's a great accomplishment to be in a position to become eligible. I done went and started caring about this team and now expect a bowl team. Still see Nebraska as a pretty heavy favorite to win the North though, this team isn't good enough to win in Lincoln.

I disagree if Iowa State can beat Nebraska why can't K-state? They aren't as talented as Nebraska but Nebraska doesn't play a whole game besides maybe vs OU.

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I disagree if Iowa State can beat Nebraska why can't K-state? They aren't as talented as Nebraska but Nebraska doesn't play a whole game besides maybe vs OU.

Here is why I fear the NU game:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH2LHbkatJ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH2LHbkatJ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Here is why I fear the NU game:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH2LHbkatJ8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hH2LHbkatJ8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Damn Bo was a cry baby in that clip. So you think he'll have the team extra prepare because Snyder ran the score up on him 6 years ago?

58kcfan89
11-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Gregory underthrew Banks once, but hit him in the hands in stride with a perfect pass that Brandon just dropped (he dropped another one as well). It's both the QB and the WRs.

As far as MU's rush defense, the D-Train did fine against OU's 3rd-ranked run defense. I'm not too concerned about him getting going. Their offense, on the other hand.......

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Damn Bo was a cry baby in that clip. So you think he'll have the team extra prepare because Snyder ran the score up on him 6 years ago?

He took it personally, you don't drop grudges like that.

I'd much rather rely on NU losing to KU and CU than KSU winning in Lincoln, a place we've only one once in the last 40 years.

Saulbadguy
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, and Mizzou's "beast mode" uni's make me nervous, too.

http://www.eastbay.com/images/products/zoom/19018034_z.jpg

Titty Meat
11-09-2009, 03:52 PM
He took it personally, you don't drop grudges like that.

I'd much rather rely on NU losing to KU and CU than KSU winning in Lincoln, a place we've only one once in the last 40 years.

I hope so plus the Big 12 north title will be on the line.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Work to do first. Need to get bowl eligible.

Braincase
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Work to do first. Need to get bowl eligible.

BTW, the brute force approached. Forced the 2nd place team into giving up the ball 3 times inside their own 15. For awhile, our defense was moving ball in the right direction better than our offense was. Anyway, the underdogs won out. My boys finished the season on a high note, and we've got something to build on for next year.

WilliamTheIrish
11-09-2009, 07:29 PM
BTW, the brute force approached. Forced the 2nd place team into giving up the ball 3 times inside their own 15. For awhile, our defense was moving ball in the right direction better than our offense was. Anyway, the underdogs won out. My boys finished the season on a high note, and we've got something to build on for next year.

Nice job, coach.

Coach
11-09-2009, 08:18 PM

But at the same time, Nebraska offense is considered one of the worst offenses I ever seen. I can't fathom how you can be worse than Bill Callahan's west coast offense, but apparently, it's looking like it could be possible.

kstater
12-03-2009, 07:02 PM
You still haven't provided a rational argument for getting rid of the guy, not that I expect you to. You are just being an asshole.

To be honest, I'd be happy with a winning record every year and getting into a bowl game. This is a basketball school and it always be.

Your "rational" argument consisted of pointing out their record right now. It ignores all of the progress he's made over the past few seasons, it ignores the expectations people have for the team, and it ignores the fact that they wouldn't be able to get anybody better. Stop being a douchebag.

And what do you think about this ridiculous idea of firing Mangino?

2 years after an Orange Bowl we're just going to fire the guy? Even though he's provided several winning seasons in a row and improved recruiting significantly from where it was when he got here? How is that not a fucked up idea?

You have yet to explain to me what rational reason there is to fire Mangino.

So you are suggesting they fire him 2 years after going to the Orange Bowl? Even though, their recruiting has gotten much better, and they've been winning more games than ever before. Do you have any idea how nonsensical that is?

Yup, I'm a moron, there's no reason to fire him.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-03-2009, 07:08 PM

there's no arguing with KCC

luv
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM

You really have a hard on for Kansas, don't you? Get your own rival, they belong to MU. :p

Sure-Oz
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
What do you think KC?

kstater
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
You really have a hard on for Kansas, don't you? Get your own rival, they belong to MU. :p

Aren't really any Texas fans on the board, so I'll stick to KU. :D

mikeyis4dcats.
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM

they were ours first. then they decided to go after Mizzou as their rival because they could beat MU at the time.

Bearcat
12-03-2009, 07:20 PM

I'm not going back through the thread to read it all, but I assume the only argument at the time was his record, and that all the other crap hadn't been released yet?

Based solely on their record this season, there wasn't a good reason to fire him, and there wasn't a reason to dig up all this crap on him. I'm not saying he shouldn't go now that it's all out there, it was just sad to see it unfold because of one disappointing season.

kstater
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not going back through the thread to read it all, but I assume the only argument at the time was his record, and that all the other crap hadn't been released yet?

Based solely on their record this season, there wasn't a good reason to fire him, and there wasn't a reason to dig up all this crap on him. I'm not saying he shouldn't go now that it's all out there, it was just sad to see it unfold because of one disappointing season.

Actually my argument with KCC was outside of 1 year, Mangino had a pathetically bad record in-conference(even with if you include the good year it wasn't above .500), and that was the basis for him to be fired. And yes, I was calling for Mangino to be fired prior to the behavior stuff and before they had lost the last 3 games.

Bearcat
12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Actually my argument with KCC was outside of 1 year, Mangino had a pathetically bad record in-conference(even with if you include the good year it wasn't above .500), and that was the basis for him to be fired. And yes, I was calling for Mangino to be fired prior to the behavior stuff and before they had lost the last 3 games.

The strangest thing about this whole mess is that I've seen several fans of other teams (Mizzou and KSU) talk about why he should go due to his record in conference or some other stat, yet the only reason Kansas fans want him to go is because of all the crap that's come out as part of the investigation, and what it'll do to recruiting.

Since Mangino was hired, Kansas has been on tv a lot, they've been in the top 25, they've gone to bowl games, they've won bowl games, they won the f***ing Orange Bowl. People pile on about tradition since 2007 and act like their football program is Florida when compared to Kansas football, and then there's one disappointing season and it's "OMG, he has to go, this isn't what Kansas football is all about!!!!"

He was 8-24 his first 4 seasons (including 0-8 in his first year), and 15-17 since (the past 4 years).

Attendance was 80%+ from a year or two after he was hired, and has obviously been really good the past few years (well, the students all leave at halftime, but still).

They won back to back bowl games for the FIRST TIME EVER.

They've won 3 bowl games since Mangino was hired, and won one of those big ones that are played in January.

If it's for something serious, fine, but if they're throwing him out because of 1 disappointing season, and rationalizing it with a poke in the chest and occasional halftime snack of a ball boy when he's really pissed, I'll be pretty disappointed. If he can't control his weight while coaching, then it might be best for him to take a couple of years off to get it under control, but don't throw him under the bus for one down year.

I wonder what would happen if a bus.... nm.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
The strangest thing about this whole mess is that I've seen several fans of other teams (Mizzou and KSU) talk about why he should go due to his record in conference or some other stat, yet the only reason Kansas fans want him to go is because of all the crap that's come out as part of the investigation, and what it'll do to recruiting.

Since Mangino was hired, Kansas has been on tv a lot, they've been in the top 25, they've gone to bowl games, they've won bowl games, they won the f***ing Orange Bowl. People pile on about tradition since 2007 and act like their football program is Florida when compared to Kansas football, and then there's one disappointing season and it's "OMG, he has to go, this isn't what Kansas football is all about!!!!"

there are a LOT of KU fans calling for his head for his record, for his play calling, etc.

there are also a LOT of KU fans who think he should have gotten a slap on the wrist.

Bearcat
12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
there are a LOT of KU fans calling for his head for his record, for his play calling, etc.

there are also a LOT of KU fans who think he should have gotten a slap on the wrist.

Eh, I'm sure you're right, but there aren't many programs at any given moment that don't have a bunch of idiot fans whining about their HC.

It's hard for me to say he shouldn't just get a slap on the wrist, only because I'm so disappointed with how it all went down. It's sad that some of that stuff wasn't a problem 5 years ago, but now it's the end of the world. In the end though, he did (apparently) cross the line more than a few times, and he had to go... it just would have been better had it been dealt with behind closed doors when it happened, instead of making it out to be a witch hunt.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Eh, I'm sure you're right, but there aren't many programs at any given moment that don't have a bunch of idiot fans whining about their HC.

It's hard for me to say he shouldn't just get a slap on the wrist, only because I'm so disappointed with how it all went down. It's sad that some of that stuff wasn't a problem 5 years ago, but now it's the end of the world. In the end though, he did (apparently) cross the line more than a few times, and he had to go... it just would have been better had it been dealt with behind closed doors when it happened, instead of making it out to be a witch hunt.

can you imagine the hellstorm that would have happened if he was just whacked out of the blue?