PDA

View Full Version : Were the announcers Rams fans???

Wrasse
10-23-2000, 08:01 AM
Did anyone other than me notice that the announcers couldn't stop praising the Rams, especially Marshall Faulk yesterday. After they finally scored a touchdown(even though we were already way ahead) they kept saying "The Rams are coming back" or "The potent Rams offense is here" Even after the game was over, no one praised the play of the Chiefs, it was "Don't worry, this Rams team will be back"

maybe it was me?? whaddaya guys think??

Scooter

redbrian
10-23-2000, 08:11 AM
The reigning Super Bowl champs always have their arses licked by the media. The Broncos are STILL gravy-training those 2 SB victories...hell, even the Packers get more attention than they deserve, and they haven't won it since '96!!

If the Chiefs want the same treatment, they'll have to win the Super Bowl. Period.

Wrasse
10-23-2000, 08:15 AM
my wife really isn't even a football fan and she even noticed. Pucker up...here come the Rams.

chiefsfan58
10-23-2000, 09:13 AM
Without a doubt it was going on. It was a combo of two things.

1. Out right butt kissing at its best.

2. Trying to keep the viewers from tuning to a more "competative" game. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif It happens all the time when a blow out is happening. Just listen to the MNF crew next time it happens. You know those guys can feel people switching over to catch a little Third Watch.

[This message has been edited by Bwana (edited 10-23-2000).]

WarPaint
10-23-2000, 09:20 AM
I was just happy that Ian Eagle wasn't calling the game.