PDA

View Full Version : would you?

BossChief
01-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Trade Dorsey and our original second for Detroit's #2 overall if Suh was available still?

keg in kc
01-20-2010, 08:52 AM
The real question is why on earth would detroit do that?

And it all becomes moot when St. Louis selects Suh.

milkman
01-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Why do you hate Glen Dorsey?

I ask this because you want to send him to Cunther, who would fuck his career up is short order.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
WOULD YOU stop making dumb ass polls.

BossChief
01-20-2010, 11:05 AM
WOULD YOU stop making dumb ass polls.

what other poll have I made?

Let alone dumbass polls...

RustShack
01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
JFC

Saccopoo
01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
No, but I would trade Dorsey for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th to a 4-3 team that could effectively use his talents. And no matter how good Suh is, we already burned a first last year on Jackson and a third on Magee. They better come to play at this point and basically take Suh out of the conversation in terms of a viable pick for the Chiefs.

They need, in no particular order, a C, OL (any of the remaining four positions need an upgrade, and, yes, that means Albert as well), S (both spots), ILB (Belcher looked promising at MLB), DT/NT, WR, TE (yeah, we drafted some last year and brought in Pope, but his route running is horrible), RB (because Charles is going to need help in order to keep him fresh), CB (need some depth past Flowers), OLB (Hali did a great job playing completely out of position (natural LDE in a 4-3) and Vrabel isn't getting any younger), PR/KR (no speed/explosiveness at that spot and you can't ask Charles to keep doing it now that he's full time RB).

Saccopoo
01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
No, but I would trade Dorsey for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th to a 4-3 team that could effectively use his talents. And no matter how good Suh is, we already burned a first last year on Jackson and a third on Magee. They better come to play at this point and basically take Suh out of the conversation in terms of a viable pick for the Chiefs.

They need, in no particular order, a C, OL (any of the remaining four positions need an upgrade, and, yes, that means Albert as well), S (both spots), ILB (Belcher looked promising at MLB), DT/NT, WR, TE (yeah, we drafted some last year and brought in Pope, but his route running is horrible), RB (because Charles is going to need help in order to keep him fresh), CB (need some depth past Flowers), OLB (Hali did a great job playing completely out of position (natural LDE in a 4-3) and Vrabel isn't getting any younger), PR/KR (no speed/explosiveness at that spot and you can't ask Charles to keep doing it now that he's full time RB).

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Glenn Dorsey is both better and cheaper than Tyson Jackson, even if he'd be better in another scheme.

I'm not trading Dorsey, I'm trading Jackson.

The Poz
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Someone else is thinkin' something similar:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/01/answer_e-mails_why_lions_rooki.html

Tom Kowalski: Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham was on the Chiefs' staff when Kansas City drafted him and Cunningham really likes the kid. The reason he might be available is because the Chiefs drafted Dorsey as a 4-3 defensive tackle and they've now switched schemes and he's playing a 3-4 end. Neither the Chiefs nor Dorsey is apparently happy with the results and that's why I think the Lions might make a play for him in the off-season. I still think it's a longshot, but it's a shot worth taking.

As for trade value, I'm not sure what he'd cost. I think you might see something a little creative, like swapping of picks in a round or two, as opposed to a straight-up one-for-one deal. We'll see if this heats up as we get closer to the draft.

the Talking Can
01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
we have too many good players, we should trade some of them...

Saccopoo
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Someone else is thinkin' something similar:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/01/answer_e-mails_why_lions_rooki.html

Tom Kowalski: Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham was on the Chiefs' staff when Kansas City drafted him and Cunningham really likes the kid. The reason he might be available is because the Chiefs drafted Dorsey as a 4-3 defensive tackle and they've now switched schemes and he's playing a 3-4 end. Neither the Chiefs nor Dorsey is apparently happy with the results and that's why I think the Lions might make a play for him in the off-season. I still think it's a longshot, but it's a shot worth taking.

As for trade value, I'm not sure what he'd cost. I think you might see something a little creative, like swapping of picks in a round or two, as opposed to a straight-up one-for-one deal. We'll see if this heats up as we get closer to the draft.

That's nice and all, but if the Bears were willing to give up a second rounder for Gaines Adams (RIP, but he was a draft bust), Dorsey is worth a second plus. Maybe a straight up for Calvin Johnson?

Hahahahahaha! That's rich!