01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/m8hbop.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/m8hbop.jpg

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:01 PM
That picture of the Saints sideline celebrating while the side judge looks down in dismay and disgust is classic.

arrowheadnation
Of this I am sure....Matt Cassel, in Favre's situation, would not have taken the Vikings to the NFC championship game.

So is Bruce Jenner the dad to any of the kids on this show? The younger 2 daughters? How does he not go around the house with a boner all the time when Kim is around? This could be one of the greatest reality shows I've ever seen.

dirk digler
That picture of the Saints sideline celebrating while the side judge looks down in dismay and disgust is classic.

LMAO I just saw that on NFL Network. Excellent picture.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
you people are idiots that think the Meachem catch hit the ground, yes he was bobbling it, and had it trapped on his thigh, but the football never touched the ground and that is all that counts.

OnTheWarpath15

Damn, I missed it.

Titty Meat
Pics or you're lying

-King-
01-24-2010, 10:03 PM
I hope that Favre comes back for an Ali-Holmes type ass whipping next year.

I can't lie. I love watching the man fail.

milkman
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
you people are idiots that think the Meachem catch hit the ground, yes he was bobbling it, and had it trapped on his thigh, but the football never touched the ground and that is all that counts.

I don't think there is any clear evidence either way, and the only idiots are the ones that claim that people who saw it ine way or the other are idiots.

Can you guess what that makes you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Favre at the podium.

First question:

"Brett, how does it feel to be known as the Byung Hyung Kim of NFL QBs?"

cdcox
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM

I would give you 10 to 1 odds that the ball touched the ground, if there was a way to actually determine whether it did or not. The point is that the replay didn't give evidence either way. Based on the replay, the right call was made, but I'm damn sure that ball hit the ground.

teedubya
That was an epic football game. If it were a superbowl... it would be talked about as one for the ages.

OnTheWarpath15
Favre at the podium.

First question:

"Brett, how does it feel to be known as the Byung Hyung Kim of NFL QBs?"

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:07 PM
"I don't know how many yards we needed for FG range, but I probably should have run it."

That right there is why he always folds late in games. He doesn't have situational awareness.

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Favre looks like he's been in a car wreck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:09 PM
That was an epic football game. If it were a superbowl... it would be talked about as one for the ages.

It was anything but. That was an awful football game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Favre has the same look on his face as the old woman in Happy Gilmore right after Ben Stiller informed her she was gonna pull landscaping duty.

teedubya
It was anything but. That was an awful football game.

No. It wasn't a fundamentally sound football game... but it was epic and completely entertaining... everything about it was awesome.

OnTheWarpath15
Favre has the same look on his face as the old woman in Happy Gilmore right after Ben Stiller informed her she was gonna pull landscaping duty.

Damn, you're on a roll tonight.

Favre-fail brings out the best in you.

Mr. Arrowhead
I would give you 10 to 1 odds that the ball touched the ground, if there was a way to actually determine whether it did or not. The point is that the replay didn't give evidence either way. Based on the replay, the right call was made, but I'm damn sure that ball hit the ground.

Im sure i didnt see it touch the ground from the replays they showed

Titty Meat
Matt Cassel would have gotten the first down :)

WildTurkey
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Just retire Brett...... you look like you could use some time off

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Favre claims he served notice to his doubters.

Favre, your doubters will be played in this gif by Thomas Hearns:

http://i44.tinypic.com/a5jimb.jpg

Sure-Oz
01-24-2010, 10:14 PM
So who is the Minn QB next year Rosenfels or Tardvaris...i expect Rice's #'s to go down

WildTurkey

"Check out the name tag, you're in my world now Grandma"

dirk digler
Say what you want about Favre but the guy is one tough SOB and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

He looks like he is about to cry and I don't think he is coming back but I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it one more try.

Simply Red
Favre wears God Damned Wranglers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Favre invoking the Brady Rule on the hit where he hurt his ankle:

http://i35.tinypic.com/14splk6.jpg

Sure-Oz
01-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Say what you want about Favre but the guy is one tough SOB and a first ballot Hall of Famer.

He looks like he is about to cry and I don't think he is coming back but I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it one more try.

Part of me was kind've rooting for him cause he is just a badass SOB honestly. I think he is definetly done, no way he stays healthy all next season.

cdcox
01-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Im sure i didnt see it touch the ground from the replays they showed

Yes, but the replays also didn't show it being caught cleanly. It was inconclusive, so the right call was made, given the on the field call. But if I had to guess what really happened, based on the ball movement, the momentum, and the angle of his body in relation to the ball and the ground it looked to me that in all likelihood, the ball touched the ground.

Simply Red
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
DREW BREEEEEEEE....!

arrowheadnation
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
The official that reviewed it called it a catch. If FOX were handling the reviews, it was incomplete. You know they had to have been salivating at the fact of a Peyton Manning v. Brett Favre Superbowl.

Dylan
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
GB must be having a good laugh. What happened to the Vikings? 5-turnovers... I feel bad for the Vikings -- Favre's MO:

"That's right --I don't care what you say -- I'm gonna force the ball wherever I want" [/Favre]

keg in kc
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Great game, shame the refs about killed all the excitement in overtime with the review-a-thon.

It was fun watching Favre throw the game away in the last minute, I have to admit.

ClevelandBronco
01-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes, but the replays also didn't show it being caught cleanly. It was inconclusive, so the right call was made, given the on the field call. But if I had to guess what really happened, based on the ball movement, the momentum, and the angle of his body in relation to the ball and the ground it looked to me that in all likelihood, the ball touched the ground.

I agree. If somehow the surface of the field never came into play on that catch, the receiver eventually may have been able to secure the ball with just his hand and his leg. On the other hand, he may not have been able to.

Unfortunately, what happened is that he didn't secure the ball before the field stopped some of the progress of the ball away from his grasp. It looked to me as though he secured the ball with his hand, his leg and the ground.

I thought they'd overturn it, but given the call on the field I'm not at all surprised they didn't.

Between that and the marginal pass interference call I wasn't thrilled to see the game end on that drive.

FTR, I wanted the Saints to win the game.

ROYC75
01-24-2010, 10:47 PM

This was his last rodeo, he got wrestled to the ground too much this year.

ClevelandBronco
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Great game, shame the refs about killed all the excitement in overtime with the review-a-thon.

It was fun watching Favre throw the game away in the last minute, I have to admit.

Blame the 12th guy in the Minnesota huddle. A 51-yd FG attempt was no longer an option after the Vikes lost five yards on that penalty. Favre had to force a throw that he otherwise may not have attempted to complete.

(Ah. Who the hell am I kidding? It's Favre. He'd have thrown it anyway.)

ClevelandBronco
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Part of me was kind've rooting for him cause he is just a badass SOB honestly. I think he is definetly done, no way he stays healthy all next season.

Yep. There's that. He deserves respect.

cdcox
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM
(Ah. Who the hell am I kidding? It's Favre. He'd have thrown it anyway.)

Everybody in the country knew this. So what does Childress do? He burns 1st and 2nd down, setting up a do-or-die situation on 3rd down, to crank the pressure even more. Why not give Favre a chance to get closer when there were a couple of downs to work with? Childress was pure Herm once he got within 50 yard FG range. No way do I trust a keeker over that distance. Childress is the guy I'd be most pissed at if I were a Vikings fan.

kstater
01-25-2010, 06:09 AM
"I don't know how many yards we needed for FG range, but I probably should have run it."

That right there is why he always folds late in games. He doesn't have situational awareness.

He didn't have T-Rich to give him down and distance in the huddle.

kstater
01-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Berman and Jackson were absolutely crushed last night. It took them everything not to cry during the highlights.