PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN- Chiefs may draft QB Clausen if he grades out better than Okung

Pages : 1 [2] 3

OnTheWarpath15
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Ain't gonna happen but wouldn't that be something.

We get the 2nd rounder back and only pay him what we would have for the franchise tag for one year.

I don't see it, but that would be interesting though.

You left out the best part.

We'd get to face him twice a year.

KCUnited
02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
What if Kiper is right and Denver would give a 2 for him? Wouldn't you take that?
Well hell yes. For Pioli to get a guy like Mike Vrabel for nothing would be simply astonishing. /Holtus.

Mecca
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
If they really wanted to do that it's not out of the realm of possibility, McDaniels would probably rather have Cassel than Orton.

Marcellus
02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
You left out the best part.

We'd get to face him twice a year.

With our luck he would be the next Gannon.

Red Dawg
02-24-2010, 09:35 PM
I know a lot of you guys hate Cassel and this probably won't be a popular opinion, but whatever. With a team that's as bad as ours, shouldn't we put some talent around Cassel and Albert and see if they look any better rather than saying that they suck and will always suck after one bad year with new coaches & bad players around them? That said, it's still 2 months before the draft and who knows where Clausen or Okung's draft stock are by then.

Maybe it's because I still have faith in Cassel & Albert and think we have a lot more pressing needs... But I guess if Pioli & Co. think we need a new QB and/or LT, I don't have a choice but to trust him and bitch about it.

I agree 100%. I still think Matt can be the man and none of the QB's in the draft are obvious great picks anyway.

Mecca
02-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I agree 100%. I still think Matt can be the man and none of the QB's in the draft are obvious great picks anyway.

Welp that seals it, both the QB's will be great and Cassel will suck harder.

notorious
02-24-2010, 09:41 PM

If CoMo agrees with you it's guaranteed that Clausen and Bradford will become Hall of Famers.

Mecca
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
If CoMo agrees with you it's guaranteed that Clausen and Bradford will become Hall of Famers.

He's like CoMo Jr with MahiMike coming up a close 3rd.

notorious
02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
He's like CoMo Jr with MahiMike coming up a close 3rd.

We need to use their power for good instead of evil.

-King-
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Quick! Which one's the real Clausen?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8679/66333444.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/highschool/09/07/clausen.profile/t1_clausen_rise.jpg

evolve27
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Clausen will be gone before we pick. Thread ended.

-King-
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Clausen will be gone before we pick. Thread ended.

Best thing about this is: If Clausen is gone, then Berry will likely be there at our pick. If he's not gone, then we can pick him. So basically Clausen puts us at a no lose position.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Best thing about this is: If Clausen is gone, then Berry will likely be there at our pick. If he's not gone, then we can pick him. So basically Clausen puts us at a no lose position.

1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. Berry
4. Clausen

What do?

Mecca
02-24-2010, 10:02 PM

What are you gonna do when the Chiefs don't take Berry?

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Clausen will be gone before we pick. Thread ended.Claussen will be there at the #5 pick.

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 10:04 PM
1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. Berry
4. Clausen

What do?
Not gonna happen. A LT will go in the top 4.

RustShack
02-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Claussen will be there at the #5 pick.

It depends on Washington. Clausen is the exact type of QB Shanahan would draft. But if he likes Cambell enough and/or just signs Jake Plumber he could go with an OT instead. But with their ownership, they might like Berry.

evolve27
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM

True. Clausen, Suh, McCoy, Okung....(Berry)

evolve27
02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
It depends on Washington. Clausen is the exact type of QB Shanahan would draft. But if he likes Cambell enough and/or just signs Jake Plumber he could go with an OT instead. But with their ownership, they might like Berry.

ROFL Jake Plummer.

Reerun_KC
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Jesus, do you people just copy and paste the same shit every year....

This is the heart of a True Fan post...

Mecca
02-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Not gonna happen. A LT will go in the top 4.

Actually I don't think so.

I think it's 2 QB's and 2 DT's as the top 4.

-King-
02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. Berry
4. Clausen

What do?

I seriously doubt Washington drafts a qb.

You really think STL will draft Bradford 1 overall?

-King-
02-24-2010, 10:15 PM
What are you gonna do when the Chiefs don't take Berry?

What leads you to think they wont?

chiefzilla1501
02-24-2010, 10:15 PM
What if Kiper is right and Denver would give a 2 for him? Wouldn't you take that?

A really interesting question.

I don't know. If Clausen's on the board, then maybe. And maybe the solution is that you start Brodie Croyle until he inevitably gets injured, and then you're forced to use Clausen. I'd hope you get an extra pick on the side too.

This is a tough one. But regardless, that won't happen because I doubt Pioli would trade within the division.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I seriously doubt Washington drafts a qb.

You really think STL will draft Bradford 1 overall?

No. I don't think STL will go QB. But I do think Washington is going to draft Clausen. Shanahan knows QB's and I think Jimmy is the real deal.

-King-
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know. I would've agreed with you until he hired Charlie Weis. I think Chuckles has some weight with Pioli. I could see it happening.

Charlie has some weight on everybody

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Titty Meat
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I bet the Chiefs swap 1st round picks with the Browns and draft Clausen.

BIG K
02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
No. I don't think STL will go QB. But I do think Washington is going to draft Clausen. Shanahan knows QB's and I think Jimmy is the real deal.

It is what it is. If Claus falls, and the Chiefs pick him, I won't cry too much.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
JFC you dumb motherfucker, perhaps my "comprehensive" of your dumb fucking post is because of the fact that you have no fucking comprehension (you see that you dick breathed dipshit sucking fuck face?, That's the correct word.) of the English fucking language.

The question you dumbfuck was presented to you without insult, and with facts.

I don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the bullshit excuses.

Bottom fucking line, you useless scum sucking, dick licker, is that Matt Cassel has practiced QB for his entire life, and he made the O-Line look worse than it actually was.

Bottom fucking line, you chimp ass licker, is that Albert has played and practiced at his position for two years, and has undergone far more change than anyone, and even while he, and the rest of the O-Line showed improvement, Matt Cassel got worse.

So shut the fuck up, and learn how to fucking spell and use words.

First post I've ever read to my wife, and I cried while doing it ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hammock Parties
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
JFC you dumb motherfucker, perhaps my "comprehensive" of your dumb fucking post is because of the fact that you have no fucking comprehension (you see that you dick breathed dipshit sucking fuck face?, That's the correct word.) of the English fucking language.

The question you dumbfuck was presented to you without insult, and with facts.

I don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the bullshit excuses.

Bottom fucking line, you useless scum sucking, dick licker, is that Matt Cassel has practiced QB for his entire life, and he made the O-Line look worse than it actually was.

Bottom fucking line, you chimp ass licker, is that Albert has played and practiced at his position for two years, and has undergone far more change than anyone, and even while he, and the rest of the O-Line showed improvement, Matt Cassel got worse.

So shut the fuck up, and learn how to fucking spell and use words.

http://i38.tinypic.com/t8s2oi.jpg

The fact that Laz would call milkman out is just hilarious.

-King-
02-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Who is #1 overall in your mock if STL isnt the team picking Bradford? And I think Shanahan will roll with Campbell this year. The guy is talented and was put in a position to fail last year and still came out with decent numbers. It's not like Shanahan inherited a bum, so I doubt he spends the 4th overall on a qb.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
FWIW, I'd trade Cassel for a 4th, moving up to a conditional 3rd based upon snaps.

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM
as usual, your comprehensive is the equivalent of a 3-year old.

a QB is more heavily dependent on the talent around him to succeed than a LT.

1. if OC calls a shit game is reflects heavily on the QB and he looks bad
2. if the Oline blocks bad it makes the QB look like shit
3. if you don't have a running game it makes the QB's job harder
4. if the WR's don't run their routes at the right depth, make the right reads or drop passes it makes the QB look terrible

pretty much every weakness of an offense leads to the QB looking like shit.

now an unbalanced offense and play calling effects the performance of the Olineman too but if a LT gets his ass handed to him by a DE then it's pretty much JUST A LT FAILURE.

therefore ... a bad performance by an LT is more informative than a bad performance by a QB who can have so many other variables effecting him.

it's too early to give up on either but last year's performance by Albert is more damming than Cassel's.

How in the world can you have 51,000 posts on a football forum yet believe this shit?

JFC.

:shake:

DBOSHO
02-24-2010, 11:36 PM
How in the world can you have 51,000 posts on a football forum yet believe this shit?

JFC.

:shake:

What part of that post is wrong?

tk13
02-24-2010, 11:43 PM
I would totally see us doing this, especially with Weis on our staff. And I'd feel a little better about it knowing Weis truly knows Clausen because he just coached him for four years. They'd definitely be more in sync than any 1st rounder/OC in recent history.

Although I'll regret this, I've never been quite as insanely high on Clausen. I think he has talent but I'm not sure if he's at that Sanchez/Stafford level. I worry he's gonna be more Cutler/Flacco than Sanchez/Ryan. They're all good but the last two seem more like true "leaders" to me. But we'll see.

The other great thing will be watching everyone go nuts for him to start the first week or two of the season if Cassel struggles. Tough call.

Ebolapox
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
dream scenario? clausen falls, trade down with browns and pick up their second rounder, trade cassel for broncos' second rounder.

1) get QBOTF

2) four second round picks

3) ?

4) PROFIT!

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
What part of that post is wrong?

If you have to ask...

doomy3
02-25-2010, 12:05 AM

If Shanahan, who knows QBs (and Washington needs one), passes on Clausen, do you still think he is the real deal?

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2010, 12:12 AM
If Shanahan, who knows QBs (and Washington needs one), passes on Clausen, do you still think he is the real deal?

I think this is a myth.

Brian Greise was nothing special. Jake Plummer was nothing special. Jay Cutler has been nothing special. Gus Ferrotte was nothing special.

Sure, Shanahan won Super Bowl rings while coaching and coordinating HOF players (Young and Elway) but outside of that, he's done nothing to prove that he "knows" quarterbacks any more than anyone else in the league.

He's certainly not on Holmgren's level and Bill Walsh was miles ahead.

Hammock Parties
02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
He knows how to coach them up...

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2010, 12:14 AM
He knows how to coach them up...

If that's true, Jason Campbell should be a Top Ten passer next season.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 12:14 AM

I've actually considered that. Weis is the wild card for me. He's our guy, and I'm excited to have him so whatever he says goes. So yeah, I'll still think he's the real deal. Not as much as I will when Shanny takes him though.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Gentlemen if the Redskins don't draft Clausen the Chiefs will trade down with the Browns and get him.

RustShack
02-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Gentlemen if the Redskins don't draft Clausen the Chiefs will trade down with the Browns and get him.

What if the Seahawks took him at 6?

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 12:24 AM
What if the Seahawks took him at 6?

Then we'd still have 3 2nd round picks.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I would totally see us doing this, especially with Weis on our staff. And I'd feel a little better about it knowing Weis truly knows Clausen because he just coached him for four years. They'd definitely be more in sync than any 1st rounder/OC in recent history"The Source" says Weiss believes Clausen is the real deal. Weiss has stated publically on espn or some other interview that he is telling othe NFL teams that ask, that Clausen is the real deal.

Pushead2
02-25-2010, 07:30 AM
"The Source" says Weiss believes Clausen is the real deal. Weiss has stated publically on espn or some other interview that he is telling othe NFL teams that ask, that Clausen is the real deal.

Doesn't Clausen have garbage arm strength from what I can remember?

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Doesn't Clausen have garbage arm strength from what I can remember?Said the same thing about Montana, which is why he went in the 3rd round. Arm strength is important. but so are the intangibles. You see the vid highlights, looks to me that he is pretty good about sliding out of the way or scrambling a little until someone gets open and then drilling them on the run. Not taking sacks as much as other QB's is worth more than the strongest arm in the NFL. See Rothlesberger in Pitt. How much better is he because its hard to get a sack on him? Brady the same way.

Not saying that Clausen is a can't miss QB. Just saying that if Weiss says he's the real deal, thats good enough for me. Weiss is a damn good OC and a QB guru. He's known Clausen since he was a freshman in high school. I'd say he knows him well enough to make a judgement. Now, you can say Weiss doesn't know what he is doing. Fair enough.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Doesn't Clausen have garbage arm strength from what I can remember?

No.

Deberg_1990
02-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Wow.....i would fall over in shock if we drafted Clausen. Happy of course. :)

Todd Blackledge still haunts this franchise for some inexplicable reason?

Pushead2
02-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Said the same thing about Montana, which is why he went in the 3rd round. Arm strength is important. but so are the intangibles. You see the vid highlights, looks to me that he is pretty good about sliding out of the way or scrambling a little until someone gets open and then drilling them on the run. Not taking sacks as much as other QB's is worth more than the strongest arm in the NFL. See Rothlesberger in Pitt. How much better is he because its hard to get a sack on him? Brady the same way.

Not saying that Clausen is a can't miss QB. Just saying that if Weiss says he's the real deal, thats good enough for me. Weiss is a damn good OC and a QB guru. He's known Clausen since he was a freshman in high school. I'd say he knows him well enough to make a judgement. Now, you can say Weiss doesn't know what he is doing. Fair enough.

I feel that, at this point what ever happens in the draft happens.. I could care less now.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 07:46 AM

Todd Blackledge still haunts this franchise for some inexplicable reason?If we select Clausen it will be because of Weiss's opinion. I trust his opinion of a QB more than anyone else during the King Carl and Jack Steadman era's.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 07:48 AM
I feel that, at this point what ever happens in the draft happens.. I could care less now.welll then maybe you should just come back to the Planet when training camp opens then. Because this is what we do on football sites during the off season. Speculate.

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 07:48 AM
If we select Clausen it will be because of Weiss's opinion. I trust his opinion of a QB more than anyone else during the King Carl and Jack Steadman era's.Not to be a spell-nazi, but it's Weis. One "s".

Anyway, "if" Clausen grades out better.

ROFL

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Not to be a spell-nazi, but it's Weis. One "s".

Anyway, "if" Clausen grades out better.

ROFLThe "if" part is ESPN. My info says the Chiefs already have him graded out better.

I get mulligans for spelling and grammer errors on here. Look it up, its in the Chiefs Planet by-laws.:harumph:

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 07:58 AM
The "if" part is ESPN. My info says the Chiefs already have him graded out better.I wasn't referencing anything you said, I was just chuckling at the "if" in the thread header...

Either way, we have the guy's college head coach. Like somehow Clausen's grade is going to change now. I think they'll have to move up if they want him, though. And I think in the end this is a moot discussion for that reason.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
If the rumored trade with Cleveland happens, it seems like a really risky move to trade back and expect Clausen to still be there. While it would be nice to get another second round pick, they should just take Clausen at #5 if he is there.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:11 AM
I wasn't referencing anything you said, I was just chuckling at the "if" in the thread header...

Either way, we have the guy's college head coach. Like somehow Clausen's grade is going to change now. I think they'll have to move up if they want him, though. And I think in the end this is a moot discussion for that reason.there won't be 2 QB's taken in the top 5 and Bradford will be the top QB taken. Arm strength is what is putting Clausen behind Bradford.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2010, 08:12 AM

Todd Blackledge still haunts this franchise for some inexplicable reason?

Sucks cause I met Blackledge this past summer at the HOF and he's an extremely nice guy.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:14 AM
If the rumored trade with Cleveland happens, it seems like a really risky move to trade back and expect Clausen to still be there. While it would be nice to get another second round pick, they should just take Clausen at #5 if he is there.I would agree, if you feel Clasen is the real deal why gamble trying to pick up a 2nd rounder?

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
there won't be 2 QB's taken in the top 5 and Bradford will be the top QB taken. Arm strength is what is putting Clausen behind Bradford.I don't think anybody can say with a certainty what's going to happen, at least not until the picks start to fall. We'll see.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
I don't think anybody can say with a certainty what's going to happen, at least not until the picks start to fall. We'll see.of course not. Especially with all the BS smoke and mirrors that teams put out. all this speculation on Clausen could be BS put out by the Chiefs to entice some team to trade up to get him and get a sweetheart deal. Why give the Chiefs anything if you want Clausen if the Chiefs are not a possibility to take Clausen?

Frosty
02-25-2010, 08:25 AM
I would agree, if you feel Clasen is the real deal why gamble trying to pick up a 2nd rounder?

I think they trade down only if they have someone else targeted, like Williams or McClain.

Coogs
02-25-2010, 08:35 AM
somewhere Coogs is masturbating furiously to the very thought of possible getting Clausen.

LMAO

:D

It's been interesting to watch the bandwagon start to fill up.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 08:38 AM
i might appempt a backflip if the clausen deal goes down. Not sold on berry as a bona-fide FS and do not want okunk, mclain isnt worth 5 money.

The problem i have is the lag for weis goin from college back to pro and his ego to be right and prove that he is right about clausen. That could get real messy, real fast.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
I would agree, if you feel Clasen is the real deal why gamble trying to pick up a 2nd rounder?

Especially when the team sitting at #6 can use a QB as well.

Coogs
02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Alright, I just haven't seen enough of Clausen. Now that I've been watching some video on the guy I'm confident he's going to Washington at 4. Sorry.

Great touch. Great accuracy. Mike Shanahan knows QB's and this kid is the real deal. Forget about it. Mike's gonna fuck us one more time for good measure.

I am afraid of this too. That win over Denver is going to come back to bite us in the ass. Things like that always seem to happen to this franchise.

BigRedChief
02-25-2010, 08:45 AM
I am afraid of this too. That win over Denver is going to come back to bite us in the ass. Things like that always seem to happen to this franchise.What are you going to do? Go to Denver and lose on purpose?:shake:

You think Shanahan hasn't already seen tons of video on Clausen?

Coogs
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
What are you going to do? Go to Denver and lose on purpose?

No. I just hope Clause makes it to pick 5. If he does go before us, I hope it is at #1 to the Rams. If it is at #4 to the Skins, Coogs is going to be cussing like a big dog.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I think if Clausen is there at #5....you take him. If we trade down with Cleveland.....then I can see Seattle taking Clausen.

Coogs
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I think if Clausen is there at #5....you take him. If we trade down with Cleveland.....then I can see Seattle taking Clausen.

Oh God yes. Don't even gamble at that point.

Fat Elvis
02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I am afraid of this too. That win over Denver is going to come back to bite us in the ass. Things like that always seem to happen to this franchise.

The Chiefs are the only team that I know of that manages to lose even when they win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
You think Shanahan hasn't already seen tons of video on Clausen?

To be fair, the fact that Pioli only had 3 months to evaluate our players on video was used as an excuse for our player acquisitions last year.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Oh God yes. Don't even gamble at that point.

Dude...at that point we already have 2 second round picks. Having an extra one would be nice but I'm not so sure that Clausen would be there at #7 if we traded down. If we're trading down with Cleveland though....then I'm assuming that both Berry and Clausen are there at #5.....and I'm fucking torn with that.

FD
02-25-2010, 10:26 AM
The one thing I can't get over with Clausen is his record at Notre Dame. 16-18.

16-18

A top 5 QB has to do better than that. I know the kid can play and I'm not saying we shouldn't draft him if he's there and the coaches have lost faith with Cassel, but lets not go crazy here. Clausen has a lot of serious question marks.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Dude...at that point we already have 2 second round picks. Having an extra one would be nice but I'm not so sure that Clausen would be there at #7 if we traded down. If we're trading down with Cleveland though....then I'm assuming that both Berry and Clausen are there at #5.....and I'm ****ing torn with that.

why would you be? They have about the same chance of panning out.

Coogs
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Dude...at that point we already have 2 second round picks. Having an extra one would be nice but I'm not so sure that Clausen would be there at #7 if we traded down. If we're trading down with Cleveland though....then I'm assuming that both Berry and Clausen are there at #5.....and I'm fucking torn with that.

If those two are there at #5, and one of those two is who we want, I don't risk it even if the extra 2nd would be nice. Shoot, Buffalo could even jump up to Seattle's spot at #6 and leave us out in the cold at #7.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM
If those two are there at #5, and one of those two is who we want, I don't risk it even if the extra 2nd would be nice. Shoot, Buffalo could even jump up to Seattle's spot at #6 and leave us out in the cold at #7.

Exactly......I wonder how they would rate Clausen and Berry at #5.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 10:32 AM
why would you be? They have about the same chance of panning out.

Well it comes down to 2 things.

1. How would either of them help us out immediately?

2. How would either of them help us out in the long run?

Clausen would more than likely have to sit for a half of a year. Berry should start immediately. It all depends on who you compare Clausen too. People have compared Berry to Ed Reed.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Well it comes down to 2 things.

1. How would either of them help us out immediately?

2. How would either of them help us out in the long run?

Clausen would more than likely have to sit for a half of a year. Berry should start immediately. It all depends on who you compare Clausen too. People have compared Berry to Ed Reed.

And i said in my 1st posts about the reed/berry comparison that smallish FS in the NFL rarely play the entire season. I compare clausen to a guy who has played in CW system, kinda moot. castle is fuggin terrible. nuff said.
So its a push imo.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
The perfect scenario for us to get Clausen would be this...

1. Bucs (from Rams) - Suh
2. Lions - McCoy
3. Rams - Bradford
4. Redskins - Okung
5. Browns (from Chiefs) - Berry
6. Seahawks - Spiller or best OT available
7. Chiefs (from Browns) - Clausen

Coogs
02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
The perfect scenario for us to get Clausen would be this...

1. Bucs (from Rams) - Suh
2. Lions - McCoy
3. Rams - Bradford
4. Redskins - Okung
5. Browns (from Chiefs) - Berry
6. Seahawks - Spiller or best OT available
7. Chiefs (from Browns) - Clausen

I just see Buffalo jumping into the #6 spot in this scenario, and the Seahawks still getting Spiller/some OT at #9.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I just see Buffalo jumping into the #6 spot in this scenario, and the Seahawks still getting Spiller/some OT at #9.

True....I'm all for grabbing Clausen at #5 if he's there.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 11:11 AM
If your franchise QB is sitting there at 5, and you trade down to try and pick up an extra pick, you better have a bottle of astroglide with you, because you're begging for a dick in your ass.

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM

16-18

A top 5 QB has to do better than that. I know the kid can play and I'm not saying we shouldn't draft him if he's there and the coaches have lost faith with Cassel, but lets not go crazy here. Clausen has a lot of serious question marks.

Dude, ND's defense has been bsolutely terrible in Clausen's tener there.Hence, all the comebacks that Clausen had to engineer for the win.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Dude, ND's defense has been bsolutely terrible in Clausen's tener there.Hence, all the comebacks that Clausen had to engineer for the win.

I only watched that kid play in one full game this year. And he engineered quite an impressive 4th quarter come from behind win against Washington.

It really wasn't until yesterday that I started watching a bunch of video of him. I think he's the real deal. I like him better than any QB that's come out in the last few years.

Now I'm no pro. I whiffed on Ryan, but I nailed Flacco. I think Clausen is the next super star QB in this league 5 years from now. Time will tell.

I really was hoping we'd take a shot at Locker next year, I'm a fan of his anyway. Not anymore though. Jimmy Clausen is it. Which is why I think he's going to Washington.

Crush
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM

16-18

Elway was 20-23 at Stanford and he did pretty well for himself.

Coogs
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I only watched that kid play in one full game this year. And he engineered quite an impressive 4th quarter come from behind win against Washington.

It really wasn't until yesterday that I started watching a bunch of video of him. I think he's the real deal. I like him better than any QB that's come out in the last few years.

Now I'm no pro. I whiffed on Ryan, but I nailed Flacco. I think Clausen is the next super star QB in this league 5 years from now. Time will tell.

I really was hoping we'd take a shot at Locker next year, I'm a fan of his anyway. Not anymore though. Jimmy Clausen is it. Which is why I think he's going to Washington.

Yep. But hey, we've got that win over Denver on our way to a 4-12 season to keep us all warm and fuzzy while someone else has our QB.

L.A. Chieffan
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
if weis wants him, then take him. the end
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:23 AM

That and Clausen never really had the luxury of a great running game. That could be because of the offense that Weis ran there....but his lack of a defense had a lot to do with his record there...like you said.

If anyone wants to know why Weis was let go....it was because the guy could never build a defense. His offense's were always fucking awesome....but his defense was like the 2003 Chiefs defense.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Not the year I'd go QB...

Sure-Oz
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I will crap if we actually draft a QBOTF

I kinda hope it happens, but who knows

Brock
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Not the year I'd go QB...

What year would you go QB.....

Dayze
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
this team has so many holes, the Chiefs are almost in a can't lose position.

if Clausen is there, take him. Sh*t...why not.
Time for the chiefs brain trust to recognize that SB winning teams win with franchise QBs. (Brady, and Dilfer excluded).

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM

After Matt Cassel gets talent and 4 years to prove that he sucks. /truefan

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM

I think Cassel and Croyle are both as good as anything we had in the mid-late 90's.

Average as average gets.

The rest of this team is $#it though. Not a single player that I could argue deserved a probowl last year.

Trade down (if somehow possible) and fill out the roster. Add talent.

Brock
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I think Cassel and Croyle are both as good as anything we had in the mid-late 90's.

Average as average gets.

The rest of this team is $#it though. Not a single player that I could argue deserved a probowl last year.

Trade down (if somehow possible) and fill out the roster. Add talent.

We don't need a QB we have Bono we don't need a QB we have Grbac we don't need a QB we have Green

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I have come to the realization that the next Peyton Manning could be available at our pick.....and some fans would argue against taking him.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
We don't need a QB we have Bono we don't need a QB we have Grbac we don't need a QB we have Green

Shout it from the Mnt. top Brock.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:46 AM

You could make that argument then, we had a team surrounding them.

Now everyone sucks as much as Bono/Girlbac/Green or much worse...

Brock
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM

If you have shit at QB, it doesn't matter what else you have.

Crush
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Fuck Matt Cassel
Fuck trading down.
Fuck playing it safe.

I want a Dawson. I want a Unitas. I want a Elway. I want a Montana. I want a Marino. I want a Manning. I want a GD franchise QB.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
His offense's were always ****ing awesome....but his defense was like the 2003 Chiefs defense.

Not true.

Weis was with Notre Dame from 2005-2009.

2009 - scoring offense was 32nd in the nation
2008 - scoring offense was 66th in the nation
2007 - scoring offense was 116th in the nation

They were respectable this year, but certainly weren't close to "always" being awesome.

Crush
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM

This. QB is the most important position on the field. Every other position is second fiddle.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:50 AM

We don't have $3it anywhere else either.

But drafting someone who can start and contribute (that's not at QB) would be a huge plus...

Dayze
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
i think one of the aspects here is just because you hve a 'decent' QB (Bono, Grbac, Green etc), doesn't mean you pass up a potential franchise QB. The team is picking this high for a reason, so why not grab a QB. then as the talent builds on the team, and the 'decent' QB is either too old or crap the franchise QB you drafted a year or two ago - even though you didnt 'need' a QB - steps in.

Fritz88
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I have come to the realization that the next Peyton Manning could be available at our pick.....and some fans would argue against taking him.

life's bitch

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM

bono/grbac didnt have much in the way of talent, not like KC was a offensive juggernaut.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
This. QB is the most important position on the field. Every other position is second fiddle.

Identity is the most important aspect to building a successful franchise.

That is more important than QB, HB, WR, DE, or anything else.

We don't have one...

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 11:56 AM

We don't have one...

we do. Its one year in, but we do.

Dayze
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
i'm of the mind set; just take Clausen.

the Chiefs have tried everything else to try to win; might as well try the franchise QB route.

Crush
02-25-2010, 11:58 AM

We don't have one...

The QB dictates the identity.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Not true.

Weis was with Notre Dame from 2005-2009.

2009 - scoring offense was 32nd in the nation
2008 - scoring offense was 66th in the nation
2007 - scoring offense was 116th in the nation

They were respectable this year, but certainly weren't close to "always" being awesome.

Way to leave off his previous offenses there. I said Weis...not Clausen.

Weis guided the `05 Irish offense to final national rankings of fourth in passing offense (330.25 yards per game), eighth in scoring (36.67 points per game) and 10th in total offense (477.33 yards per game).

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM

When you have a solid team in place you're typically not in a position to draft a franchise QB. From 1990-2000 the highest we drafted was 13th with an average draft position of 21.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
bono/grbac didnt have much in the way of talent, not like KC was a offensive juggernaut.

Didn't have to be. The defense was loaded.

Now we have nothing.

It's simple to me.

The best way to build a team is through the draft.

The best way to build a team through the draft is with a bunch of picks.

I fail to see the flaw in this plan...

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM

And you would still be wrong because of 2007 and 2008.

Rausch
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
When you have a solid team in place you're typically not in a position to draft a franchise QB. From 1990-2000 the highest we drafted was 13th with an average draft position of 21.

And there were a number of franchise QB's taken after that.

It's not about WHEN it's about WHO...

The Franchise
And you would still be wrong because of 2007 and 2008.

Yeah.....why don't you pull all of the stats instead of just scoring stats.

Brock

How did that work out?

Rausch
02-25-2010, 12:04 PM
How did that work out?

My point was that an argument could be made back when.

I never said I supported it...

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Now we have nothing.

It's simple to me.

lotta good it did us with 50/50 qbs and loaded O/D.

long runs v short runs(chiefs).

no rings.

these are the flaws.

Crush
02-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Now we have nothing.

It's simple to me.

During those "glory years" we severely missed a franchise QB. Steve "I felt pretty good out there" Bono shit the bed in the '95 playoff game.

Elvis Grbac looked like a dumbass while looking at the sidelines, while precious seconds ticked away during the '97 playoff game.

We have nothing to show for that "success." We need a QB that can carry the team on his back. We need a franchise QB that actually throw the ball farther than 10 yards.

doomy3
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM

Well, if that isn't a ringing endorsement for Clausen, I don't know what is. When he took over as QB for ND, the offensive rankings went down exponentially.

Brock
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
My point was that an argument could be made back when.

I never said I supported it...

It didn't work then, it's not going to work now. How about we try something different?

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, if that isn't a ringing endorsement for Clausen, I don't know what is. When he took over as QB for ND, the offensive rankings went down exponentially.

JFC. It doesn't help that Clausen was a freshman who was thrown to the wolves behind a shitty offensive line with no running game in 2007.

In 2008 Clausen ended the year with a completion rating above 60%, over 3000 yards and 25 TDs.

In 2009 Clausen ended the year with a completion percentage over 68%, over 3500 yards and 28 TDs.

He has progressed every fucking year he's played.

If Notre Dame actually had a decent running game and a defense that could stop someone.....Clausen would have a much better record as a starter.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM

Weis' offensive success mirrored his QB's development. With an experienced Quinn they did well. When Clausen first played they were absolutely horrible and improved each year.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2010, 12:21 PM
The last 5 Super Bowl winning QBs:

2010 - Round 2 pick 1
2009 - Round 1 pick 11
2008 - Round 1 pick 1
2007 - Round 1 pick 1
2006 - Round 1 pick 11

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM

We don't have one...

Talent predicates identity.

This is why so many were opposed to forcing the switch to the 34 when we did.

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
JFC. It doesn't help that Clausen was a freshman who was thrown to the wolves behind a shitty offensive line with no running game in 2007.

In 2008 Clausen ended the year with a completion rating above 60%, over 3000 yards and 25 TDs.

In 2009 Clausen ended the year with a completion percentage over 68%, over 3500 yards and 28 TDs.

He has progressed every fucking year he's played.

If Notre Dame actually had a decent running game and a defense that could stop someone.....Clausen would have a much better record as a starter.

doomy3 is a part of the "Matt Cassel is the infallible wonderboy" group.

Dayze
02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
The last 5 Super Bowl winning QBs:

2010 - Round 2 pick 1
2009 - Round 1 pick 11
2008 - Round 1 pick 1
2007 - Round 1 pick 1
2006 - Round 1 pick 11

:thumb:

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 12:27 PM

Oh...I know he is.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Talent predicates identity.

This is why so many were opposed to forcing the switch to the 34 when we did.

This is revisionist history at its best. Since Vermeil took over and the D went to complete crap everyone would talk about switching to a 34. Everyone also talked, and talks, about the complete lack of talent on this team. Suddenly, because people don't like Pioli, this team should have stuck with the atrocious 43 defense we had because it matched all of the teams "talent". What a joke.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
This is revisionist history at its best. Since Vermeil took over and the D went to complete crap everyone would talk about switching to a 34. Everyone also talked, and talks, about the complete lack of talent on this team. Suddenly, because people don't like Pioli, this team should have stuck with the atrocious 43 defense we had because it matched all of the teams "talent". What a joke.

Horse shit. There's no revisionist history.

When Grandpa changed our offensive philosophy, he went about doing it by acquiring the right type of players. TG, Priest, Gonzo was already here, etc. The change didn't happen without the players.

In 2009, we have an example of a shift without the players.

Regarding the defensive side, there damn well shouldn't have been "a complete lack of talent." We were starting 4 day-one picks on the line. Add to it a couple of young safeties and a stud young CB. LB was a huge concern, of course.

Many were arguing that coaching was the problem on D, especially up front with Coach Slap Dick.

Again, talent predicates identity.

"We're going to establish an identity"; "We're going to change the culture."

Empty rhetoric 101.

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Regarding the defensive side, there damn well shouldn't have been "a complete lack of talent." We were starting 4 day-one picks on the line. Add to it a couple of young safeties and a stud young CB. LB was a huge concern, of course.Unfortunately there was a lack of talent. None of your 4 starting day-one picks on the line were anything approaching impact players in the 4-3. So what difference does changing schemes really make? Hali is suddenly not going to be the dominating presence he wasn't before? Dorsey is suddenly not the dominating presence he wasn't before? What guys were actually hurt in any real way by the transition? What real reason was there to hang on to a system that wasn't working to protect players who weren't working in that system?

I'll go further to say the problem wasn't/isn't/won't be scheme (or coaching, for as much as that's talked about). I think it's all about talent. The '09 unit would not have been an iota better in the 4-3 than it was the 3-4, because the holes that killed the unit in Pendergast's scheme were the exact same holes that killed the unit in Cunningham's. Until they stop pissing away draft picks on players that don't work out, until they start bringing in free agents that have a meaningful impact (don't even have to be big names...), it won't matter what scheme they're running, 4-3, 3-4, 1-6, 5-2 it's all going to end the same way. Bottom half of the league.

This is where Pioli's got to earn that contract. He didn't seem to do a whole lot that helped in '09. Hopefully '10 goes a little better.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately there was a lack of talent. None of your 4 starting day-one picks on the line were anything approaching impact players in the 4-3. So what difference does changing schemes really make? Hali is suddenly not going to be the dominating presence he wasn't before? Dorsey is suddenly not the dominating presence he wasn't before? What guys were actually hurt in any real way by the transition? What real reason was there to hang on to a system that wasn't working to protect players who weren't working in that system?

I'll go further to say the problem wasn't/isn't/won't be scheme (or coaching, for as much as that's talked about). I think it's all about talent. The '09 unit would not have been an iota better in the 4-3 than it was the 3-4, because the holes that killed the unit in Pendergast's scheme were the exact same holes that killed the unit in Cunningham's. Until they stop pissing away draft picks on players that don't work out, until they start bringing in free agents that have a meaningful impact (don't even have to be big names...), it won't matter what scheme they're running, 4-3, 3-4, 1-6, 5-2 it's all going to end the same way. Bottom half of the league.

This is where Pioli's got to earn that contract. He didn't seem to do a whole lot that helped in '09. Hopefully '10 goes a little better.

You're comfortable with defining Dorsey's ceiling after one season? This is reflective of his larger body of work and potential upside?

And the much discussed 3-year rule?

I agree that we know what Hali is and isn't, but the other players...not so much. What we know, however, is that Dorsey was grossly misused. Thus my complete disdain for Slappy.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Our defensive line wouldn't have been bad under the 4-3. All we needed to complete the line was the pure pass rushing LDE like we had in Allen. Dorsey and Tank (when used correctly) were fine at DT. And you leave Hali at RDE and put someone opposite from him that takes up double teams.....and we're good.

kysirsoze
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

This.

Sure you can always get a franchise QB in later rounds, but the chances are so much better in the top five or so. I don't want the Chiefs to pick up a bunch of solid players and compete for a wild card spot over the next three years. I'd rather take a shot on a good prospect and be pretty bad for another year or two if it means having a shot at winning a champisonship.

If it was a total shot in the dark that would be one thing, but Weis knows what he's getting in Clausen.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
To play devil's advocate:

"If Pioli makes a trade for Cassel it will speak volumes. No one knows the player better."

So I'm not going to play up the Weis trust/knowledge factor.

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
You're comfortable with defining Dorsey's ceiling after one season? This is reflective of his larger body of work and potential upside?

I agree that we know what Hali is and isn't, but the other players...not so much. What we know, however, is that Dorsey was grossly misused. Thus my complete disdain for Slappy.I'm comfortable with the idea that Dorsey may be as productive in the 3-4 as he would have been in the 4-3. Maybe more productive than he would have been with slappy. He was our best d-lineman last year.

And he's basically the only player that fits the discussion. Who else do you think we should have stuck to the 4-3 for? Hali was still Hali-riffic in the 3-4. Edwards? Same guy. Linebackers? Same group of suck. And I never thought it would matter that much to the corners to begin with (and apparently it didn't...).

So why on earth not change schemes? What possible difference does it make, in any palpable, realistic sense? You could argue that it's more difficult to find guys to fill 3-4 roles, especially with more of the league taking up the scheme. But I don't see in any way how it actually hurt the players who were already here. Not that there were all that many who matter in the grander scheme.

Like I said, I think the scheme argument is pointless. 4-3 or 3-4, the real problem in Kansas City has long been (and continues to be through Pioli's first year) the repeated failure of their defensive player acquisitions, whether it's bringing in draft picks, free agents, or even re-signing (or not) their own players. Year after year after year after year we're seeing the same thing out there, regardless of who's coaching the unit or what scheme they run, going back now twelve years, through a number of coaching staffs.

If the defense is ever going to get better, that's what has to be corrected. They have to find good players. The scheme is just ancillary; players win (or lose...) games.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm comfortable with the idea that Dorsey may be as productive in the 3-4 as he would have been in the 4-3. Maybe more productive than he would have been with slappy. He was our best d-lineman last year.

And he's basically the only player that fits the discussion. Who else do you think we should have stuck to the 4-3 for? Hali was still Hali-riffic in the 3-4. Edwards? Same guy. Linebackers? Same group of suck. And I never thought it would matter that much to the corners to begin with (and apparently it didn't...).

So why on earth not change schemes? What possible difference does it make, in any palpable, realistic sense? You could argue that it's more difficult to find guys to fill 3-4 roles, especially with more of the league taking up the scheme. But I don't see in any way how it actually hurt the players who were already here. Not that there were all that many who matter in the grander scheme.

Like I said, I think the scheme argument is pointless. 4-3 or 3-4, the real problem in Kansas City has long been (and continues to be through Pioli's first year) the repeated failure of their defensive player acquisitions, whether it's bringing in draft picks, free agents, or even re-signing (or not) their own players. Year after year after year after year we're seeing the same thing out there, regardless of who's coaching the unit or what scheme they run, going back now twelve years, through a number of coaching staffs.

If the defense is ever going to get better, that's what has to be corrected. They have to find good players. The scheme is just ancillary; players win (or lose...) games.

I don't disagree with your argument about the overall trajectory of the franchise, but at the root of our disagreement is Dorsey.

In the 43 I think he had (has) the potential to be a dominating, game-changing presence. In a 34 he becomes more of a facilitator.

I like Hali better at LDE, and I think Tank would be able to man the other DT spot.

Yeah, we'd be searching for a rush end, just as we're searching for a rush backer now, but Dorsey is the biggest difference. He's still a good player, but we've damn near assured that he'll always be remembered as a bit of a foolish pick (at #5 overall) because of the nature of his new role.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
I just know I am going to spend the next two months excited about the possibility of the Chiefs trying to get a franchise QB. Then on draft day, I'll be even more excited when Clausen is there when the Chiefs are on the clock. Then, once ESPN gets back from commercial, I'll find out that the Chiefs picked Dan Williams instead. :mad:

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't disagree with your argument about the overall trajectory of the franchise, but at the root of our disagreement is Dorsey.

In the 43 I think he had (has) the potential to be a dominating, game-changing presence. In a 34 he becomes more of a facilitator.Perhaps. Time will tell. I live in a magical world where someday we'll have linebackers and a nose tackle, and there's a chance that a player with Dorsey's talent, with some talent around him (which is why, FWIW, I don't think he'd have been any more of an impact in the 4-3 in 2009; not about him so much as everybody else...) could be more than just a facilitator, even in a 3-4.I like Hali better at LDE, and I think Tank would be able to man the other DT spot.I think I'd like Hali better at LOLB. I don't get the last two staff's fascination with playing him on the weak side. Anyway, in that same magical world where Dorsey can get an occasional sack from his 3-4 DE position, there's a pass rushing starting OLB opposite of Hali, and the two are both moving around a lot, creating much havoc between them.

Either way, I don't think he was any better or worse in 2009 than he was at his best as a DE. And I think he'll be a better player in 2010.

I never saw anything from Tank. I think he falls into the category of wishful thinking, but he may be fine in Carolina. We'll see. Either way, that's another one you can thank slappy for.

(Why did they keep him, again?)Yeah, we'd be searching for a rush end, just as we're searching for a rush backer now, but Dorsey is the biggest difference. He's still a good player, but we've damn near assured that he'll always be remembered as a bit of a foolish pick (at #5 overall) because of the nature of his new role.I'll never look at him as a foolish pick, regardless. Because the reality is that he was taken by another front office. It's just one of those things that happens sometimes. It's a shame they didn't make the changes a year earlier, and start the rebuild then, instead of starting it and then re-starting it. The worst that Dorsey can be in my mind is a victim of circumstance.

The biggest problem isn't Dorsey, in any case. It's who's playing at tackle beside him (4-3 or 3-4), it's who's playing at LB behind him (4-3 or 3-4) or even who's playing at safety behind him (....).

L.A. Chieffan
02-25-2010, 01:34 PM
1983 people. 19 eighty fucking 3

Rooster
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I just know I am going to spend the next two months excited about the possibility of the Chiefs trying to get a franchise QB. Then on draft day, I'll be even more excited when Clausen is there when the Chiefs are on the clock. Then, once ESPN gets back from commercial, I'll find out that the Chiefs picked Dan Williams instead. :mad:

:banghead: It's like a bad dream.

doomy3
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM

ROFL

Hardly.

However, I am part of the group that is willing to give him more than one fucking year, especially with zero cohesiveness on offense last year. This is a make it or break it year for Cassel, IMO. If he struggles, then I would be thrilled with the Chiefs drafting any of Gabbert, Locker, or Mallett next year. All of them have more upside than Clausen, IMO.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Here's the bottom line for the Dorsey for me:

In a 34 will Dorsey ever be the most important player on the line? No. Never. It will always be the DT.

In a 43 did Dorsey have the potential to be the key piece? Yes.

doomy3
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM

I agree that we know what Hali is and isn't, but the other players...not so much. What we know, however, is that Dorsey was grossly misused. Thus my complete disdain for Slappy.

Seems like most are comfortable defining Tyson Jackson's ceiling after one season, so why not?

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM

noway we go williams. itll be clausen,berry,mclain, after that ftw were in bed with the devil.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
ROFL

Hardly.

However, I am part of the group that is willing to give him more than one ****ing year, especially with zero cohesiveness on offense last year. This is a make it or break it year for Cassel, IMO. If he struggles, then I would be thrilled with the Chiefs drafting any of Gabbert, Locker, or Mallett next year. All of them have more upside than Clausen, IMO.

I think Gabbert is going to be special.

And while I would prefer the other two to Cassel, I don't think their upside is greater than Clausen's.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Seems like most are comfortable defining Tyson Jackson's ceiling after one season, so why not?

Easy.

We can look at each player's body of work in college and his physical tools as a prospect.

Jackson and Dorsey aren't even remotely comparable in terms of talent and upside.

doomy3
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
To play devil's advocate:

"If Pioli makes a trade for Cassel it will speak volumes. No one knows the player better."

So I'm not going to play up the Weis trust/knowledge factor.

I'm glad someone said this. I was holding this one back, but it is hilarious to see the very people who said Pioli was stupid for getting the QB he knows are pining for Weiss to do the very same thing.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
1993 people. 19 ninety ****ing 3

FYP.

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Here's the bottom line for the Dorsey for me:

In a 34 will Dorsey ever be the most important player on the line? No. Never. It will always be the DT.

In a 43 did Dorsey have the potential to be the key piece? Yes.I don't think that either of those comments are set in stone.

As for the other thing, I didn't want Cassel whether he was Pioli's guy or not. That trade had disaster written all over it from the start. I hope it works out in the end, but damn I didn't want it to happen.

And maybe it is hypocritical to say I'd be more comfortable with Weis' opinion on Clausen.

I'm okay with that.

Sure-Oz
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/weis-and-clausen.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm glad someone said this. I was holding this one back, but it is hilarious to see the very people who said Pioli was stupid for getting the QB he knows are pining for Weiss to do the very same thing.

No, they're not.

Weis watched extensive tape of Clausen in high school. He recruited him, then proceeded to build an offense around him.

Pioli drafted Cassel in the 7th round. He watched him barely make the roster year after year. He didn't coach him and he didn't build an offense around him.

The two are mutually exclusive.

Sure-Oz
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm sure Josh Mcdonalds would trade a decent pick for Cassel once the orton love affair is over

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
imo the only way Berry and Clausen are gone at #5 is if someone switches it up and selects Clausen OVER Bradford.

2 QB,2 DT,1 S = 5

i don't think the tackles drop so either Clausen or Berry will be there imo.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Clausen was a failure at ND with Weis and now it's going to be better?

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Clausen was a failure at ND with Weis and now it's going to be better?somebody doesn't watch college football .... the ND defense was the failure, not Clausen.

==================

<!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin player --> <!-- begin playerStatCont --> <!-- Start Microformat Div --> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="75%">Jimmy Clausen #7 QB
</td><td align="left" valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="50%"> <table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="50%"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3" property="v:type">2009 STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>RATING</td><td>YARDS</td><td>TOUCHDOWNS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td property="v:stat" title="QB RAT">161.43</td><td property="v:stat" title="YDS">3,722</td><td property="v:stat" title="TD">28</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td> <td valign="top" width="50%"><table style="width: 245px; height: 75px;" class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="3">CAREER STATS</td></tr> <tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>YARDS</td><td>TOUCHDOWNS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>8,148</td><td>60</td></tr></tbody></table></td> </tr></tbody></table><table class="metaData" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="50%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">Birth Date</td><td valign="top">September 21, 1987</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Hometown</td><td valign="top">WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-3</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">223 lbs.</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> <td valign="top" width="50%"> <!-- begin n --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top">Age</td><td valign="top">22</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Class</td><td valign="top">Junior</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end n --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- end o -->
<!-- end player --> <!-- begin buttons --> Profile (http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=231813)Stats (http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=231813)Game Log (http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=231813)

<!-- end buttons --> <!-- begin gp-body --> <!-- begin content --> <table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#313a98"> <td align="left">Stats Overview</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">YEAR</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007</td> <td>138</td> <td>245</td> <td>1254</td> <td>56.3</td> <td>5.12</td> <td>44</td> <td>7</td> <td>6</td> <td>35</td> <td>103.85</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>268</td> <td>440</td> <td>3172</td> <td>60.9</td> <td>7.21</td> <td>69</td> <td>25</td> <td>17</td> <td>21</td> <td>132.49</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009</td> <td>289</td> <td>425</td> <td>3722</td> <td>68.0</td> <td>8.76</td> <td>88</td> <td>28</td> <td>4</td> <td>24</td> <td>161.43</td></tr></tbody></table>

Brock
02-25-2010, 01:55 PM

:LOL:

RustShack
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM

he had the best junior season of any pro style qb in history... How is that failure?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
28 td's to 4 ints and 68% comp. can't put it on the QB there

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" align="center" bgcolor="#313a98"><td colspan="3" align="left">2009 Regular Season Game Log</td><td colspan="8">Passing</td><td colspan="6">Rushing</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">DATE</td><td align="left">OPP</td><td align="left">RESULT </td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>RAT</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>AVG</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">9/5</td><td align="left">Nevada (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2440)</td><td align="left">W 35-0 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292480087) </td><td>15</td> <td>18</td> <td>315</td> <td>83.3</td> <td>88</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>303.67</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">9/12</td><td align="left">@Michigan (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=130)</td><td align="left">L 38-34 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292550130) </td><td>25</td> <td>42</td> <td>336</td> <td>59.5</td> <td>37</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>150.30</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>0.0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">9/19</td><td align="left">Michigan State (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=127)</td><td align="left">W 33-30 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292620087) </td><td>22</td> <td>31</td> <td>300</td> <td>71.0</td> <td>54</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>173.55</td> <td>7</td> <td>-1</td> <td>-0.1</td> <td>9</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">9/26</td><td align="left">@Purdue (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2509)</td><td align="left">W 24-21 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292692509) </td><td>15</td> <td>26</td> <td>171</td> <td>57.7</td> <td>23</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>117.94</td> <td>4</td> <td>-13</td> <td>-3.3</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">10/3</td><td align="left">Washington (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=264)</td><td align="left">W 37-30 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292760087) </td><td>23</td> <td>31</td> <td>422</td> <td>74.2</td> <td>77</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>203.38</td> <td>8</td> <td>-32</td> <td>-4.0</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">10/17</td><td align="left">USC (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=30)</td><td align="left">L 34-27 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292900087) </td><td>24</td> <td>43</td> <td>260</td> <td>55.8</td> <td>45</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>121.96</td> <td>9</td> <td>-4</td> <td>-0.4</td> <td>11</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">10/24</td><td align="left">Boston College (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=103)</td><td align="left">W 20-16 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292970087) </td><td>26</td> <td>39</td> <td>246</td> <td>66.7</td> <td>36</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>136.58</td> <td>6</td> <td>1</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">10/31</td><td align="left">Washington State (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=265)</td><td align="left">W 40-14 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293040087) </td><td>22</td> <td>27</td> <td>268</td> <td>81.5</td> <td>50</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>189.30</td> <td>2</td> <td>-9</td> <td>-4.5</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">11/7</td><td align="left">Navy (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2426)</td><td align="left">L 23-21 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293110087) </td><td>37</td> <td>51</td> <td>452</td> <td>72.5</td> <td>31</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>156.02</td> <td>5</td> <td>-5</td> <td>-1.0</td> <td>8</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">11/14</td><td align="left">@Pittsburgh (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=221)</td><td align="left">L 27-22 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293180221) </td><td>27</td> <td>42</td> <td>283</td> <td>64.3</td> <td>45</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>123.98</td> <td>7</td> <td>-9</td> <td>-1.3</td> <td>8</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">11/21</td><td align="left">Connecticut (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=41)</td><td align="left">L 33-30 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293250087) </td><td>30</td> <td>45</td> <td>329</td> <td>66.7</td> <td>39</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>142.75</td> <td>4</td> <td>-9</td> <td>-2.3</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">11/28</td><td align="left">@Stanford (http://espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=24)</td><td align="left">L 45-38 (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=293320024) </td><td>23</td> <td>30</td> <td>340</td> <td>76.7</td> <td>78</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>226.86</td> <td>3</td> <td>-15</td> <td>-5.0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think that either of those comments are set in stone.

As for the other thing, I didn't want Cassel whether he was Pioli's guy or not. That trade had disaster written all over it from the start. I hope it works out in the end, but damn I didn't want it to happen.

And maybe it is hypocritical to say I'd be more comfortable with Weis' opinion on Clausen.

I'm okay with that.

The thing that separates the two, in my mind, is that Weis has far more experience developing/working with QBs.

All things being equal, then, his opinion about QBs *should* be more informed than Pioli's.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Clausen had two 400-yard games! Two 400-yards games!

doomy3
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Clausen had two 400-yard games! Two 400-yards games!

He did have great stats, for sure.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
noway we go williams. itll be clausen,berry,mclain, after that ftw were in bed with the devil.

Yeah, I'm not so sure. NT is a major need for the Chiefs and Pioli has already shown that he will reach for need on the d-line. Most of the FA nose tackles are getting resigned.

I'm not saying that it is what I want; just that I have a sinking feeling it is what will happen.

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 02:02 PM
The thing that separates the two, in my mind, is that Weis has far more experience developing/working with QBs.

All things being equal, then, his opinion about QBs *should* be more informed than Pioli's.Agree completely. Plus, as someone else mentioned, he recruited and coached the guy for years. I'm not usually a guy who gets giddy about a player just because the front office picks him, but this is one instance where I would. That goes the other direction, too, if Weis happens to not think he's a star-in-waiting. I have to think we have a better insight into the guy than anybody...

doomy3
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Agree completely. Plus, as someone else mentioned, he recruited and coached the guy for years. I'm not usually a guy who gets giddy about a player just because the front office picks him, but this is one instance where I would. That goes the other direction, too, if Weis happens to not think he's a star-in-waiting. I have to think we have a better insight into the guy than anybody...

I do agree with all of this. If Weis thinks he is a star, then get him.

L.A. Chieffan
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
can someone put up Cassel's college stats just for posterity sake please? kthx

Frosty
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM

What stats?

Sure-Oz
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
from his wiki

during his four seasons there, Cassel completed 19 of 33 passes for 192 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM

Sure:

http://www.fairmont.com.au/images/sportsbench.jpg

Sure-Oz
Worst case he gets on with the Royals

Cassel played one season of baseball for USC in 2004, he had an 0–1 record with 10 strikeouts and 4 walks, he played in 8 games and started 1. Cassel struck out in his only at bat in college. He also had 2 saves with a 9.35 ERA, and was selected by the Oakland Athletics in the 36th round of the 2004 MLB Draft.[14]

The next farnsy!

MOhillbilly
Yeah, I'm not so sure. NT is a major need for the Chiefs and Pioli has already shown that he will reach for need on the d-line. Most of the FA nose tackles are getting resigned.

I'm not saying that it is what I want; just that I have a sinking feeling it is what will happen.

its a new day big. yesterday doesnt mean nothin to me.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM

I hope you are right.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM

Please let this be true.

Aside: A big FU to my man Sure-Oz for even suggesting the Royals pick up another sack of shit.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
For the sake of argument, if Quinn struggled in the NFL after being developed by Weis (and putting up similar #'s as Clausen), why do people think Clausen will do better?

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
For the sake of argument, if Quinn struggled in the NFL after being developed by Weis (and putting up similar #'s as Clausen), why do people think Clausen will do better?

Are you proclaiming that Cleveland hasn't struggled as an organization since re-entering the league and Brady Quinn's career is over?

They've been a clusterfuck of coaching, front office and philosophies since 1999.

Hardly an ideal situation for any quarterback.

It's not like he went to Green Bay.

L.A. Chieffan
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM
For the sake of argument, if Quinn had Weis as his O-Co his entire NFL career would he still be the same QB?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
ROFL

Hardly.

However, I am part of the group that is willing to give him more than one fucking year, especially with zero cohesiveness on offense last year. This is a make it or break it year for Cassel, IMO. If he struggles, then I would be thrilled with the Chiefs drafting any of Gabbert, Locker, or Mallett next year. All of them have more upside than Clausen, IMO.

I will say this much about it, Locker's progression in accuracy and touch this year was huge! If he repeats that growth I think he'll be a better prospect than Clausen just due to some of his other skills such as his speed.

But that's a huge if. I think Jimmy is already there, and I think it would be highly beneficial for him to continue working with the coach who's already got him here.

I want Locker more than anyone on this board. I guarantee it. But I want the Chiefs to win more than I want Locker and I think Weis and Clausen can make that happen.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:18 PM

You don't see the difference between a GM "knowing" a player, and a coach "knowing" a player? You're smarter than that dude.

doomy3
02-25-2010, 02:18 PM

Yeah, it is interesting. That's why I would like to see what Weis can do with Cassel. I don't think Brady Quinn is anything special at all, and Weis basically made him a first round pick. JMO.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Are you proclaiming that Cleveland hasn't struggled as an organization since re-entering the league and Brady Quinn's career is over?

They've been a cluster**** of coaching, front office and philosophies since 1999.

Hardly an ideal situation for any quarterback.

It's not like he went to Green Bay.

To be fair, I'd say KC is just as much of a clusterfuck of an organization as any. It's not like any college QB is coming into an ideal situation in KC.

But, as to Quinn, yes, the organization has been a mess but they've at least made dramatic upgrades to the OL. A QB in KC won't have that luxary - yet. I'd say that Clausen would face similar, or just as bad, hurdles that Quinn has faced.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
28 td's to 4 ints and 68% comp. can't put it on the QB there

Those are fucking outstanding numbers.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
he had the best junior season of any pro style qb in history... How is that failure?
Posted via Mobile Device

Wins, losses, and Championships. Those are the only stats that matter. Jeff George could throw the ball a country mile, but couldn't string together wins. Brandon Marshall set the game reception record...who gives a shit..bRoncos lost that day. Remember that time P Holmes got over 300 all purpose yards in a game? Great...Chiefs lost that day. I just don't see Clausen or Bradford amounting to anything in the NFL. They don't have "It".

L.A. Chieffan
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Wins, losses, and Championships. Those are the only stats that matter. Jeff George could throw the ball a country mile, but couldn't string together wins. Brandon Marshall set the game reception record...who gives a shit..bRoncos lost that day. Remember that time P Holmes got over 300 all purpose yards in a game? Great...Chiefs lost that day. I just don't see Clausen or Bradford amounting to anything in the NFL. They don't have "It".

44-24

doomy3
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
You don't see the difference between a GM "knowing" a player, and a coach "knowing" a player? You're smarter than that dude.

Of course I see the difference. I already said in this thread and in other threads that if Weis is a firm believer in Clausen, then pull the trigger. But, I also don't think Pioli was on his own in his evaluation of Cassel in NE either.

It is just funny to see the people who shit all over Bill Parcells (the guy who Pioli got compared to the most for acquiring the guy he was familiar with) for getting the familiar guy as the ones who are the most behind Weis getting his guy.

And Parcells was a coach.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, it is interesting. That's why I would like to see what Weis can do with Cassel. I don't think Brady Quinn is anything special at all, and Weis basically made him a first round pick. JMO.

And this is why I am not going to freak out if we don't draft Clausen. I have a lot of faith in Weis.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Of course I see the difference. I already said in this thread and in other threads that if Weis is a firm believer in Clausen, then pull the trigger. But, I also don't think Pioli was on his own in his evaluation of Cassel in NE either.

It is just funny to see the people who shit all over Bill Parcells (the guy who Pioli got compared to the most for acquiring the guy he was familiar with) for getting the familiar guy as the ones who are the most behind Weis getting his guy.

And Parcells was a coach.

I saw your first point after I already posted. And I don't disagree with your 2nd point at all. Like I said, you're smarter than that first post dude. :p

Mr. Laz
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
i ran the automated Draft machine through again with Clausen as our first pick and came up with this:

1st - QB Jimmy Clausen
2a - OLB Jerry Hughes
2b - S Morgan Burnett
3 - OT Jason Fox
4 - OG Ciron Black
5a - NT Torrell Troup
5b - ILB Pat Angerer
5c - TE Tony Moeaki

Brock
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM

How many championships did John Elway win in college?

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:33 PM
And this is why I am not going to freak out if we don't draft Clausen. I have a lot of faith in Weis.

I am hopeful about Weis and I like the hire.

But I don't have faith/trust in him. He's going to have to earn this based on his tenure in KC.

I see a lot of similarities to the Weis love and the initial reactions to the Pioli hire.

This time around, a more deliberate approach might bode well for us as fans.

beach tribe
02-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I would much rather draft Clausen this year than Sanchez last year.

flame away
Oh heeeeelll Yes.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Shit tons.

Same as Roethlisberger, Manning(s), Brees, and Rivers.

It's all about the wins.

Ralphy Boy
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Someone say something about MOXY?

Was that guy on Jersey Shore?

Looks like a big douche

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
biilllaayy activated his sarcasm detector.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:38 PM

None. But Clausen is no Elway and Elway actually won games and was drafted inot another league in a another game. Plus, John Elway is the greatest Qb of all time.

Mr. Flopnuts
I am hopeful about Weis and I like the hire.

But I don't have faith/trust in him. He's going to have to earn this based on his tenure in KC.

I see a lot of similarities to the Weis love and the initial reactions to the Pioli hire.

This time around, a more deliberate approach might bode well for us as fans.

Well, as much faith as I have in him, if we don't draft a QB and Cassel is the guy, my thoughts haven't changed in one regard pertaining to this regime. 8-8 or GTFO.

DeezNutz
None. But Clausen is no Elway.

I agree.

I'm all for drafting a QB in round 1, as long as he's a sure thing.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
biilllaayy activated his sarcasm detector.

Got me one for free when I bought LifeLock.

Brock
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
None. But Clausen is no Elway.

So it's not all about the championships like you said.

Otherwise, you should be clamoring for the Broncos to draft Tebow.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I think Pike is the best one, but I could be wrong.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Pike is the best one, but I could be wrong.

Ouch. I think Pike is terrible.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh...just FWIW.....I'm not saying that we draft Clausen and immediately start him next year (unless he comes in...plays lights out and deserves it). Give Cassel the start and let him play. If he improves his game....then we're in a good situation.....if he doesn't and continues to regress.....we have his successor. Well....that is unless Denver offers us a pick for Cassel....then I might think about trading him.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh...just FWIW.....I'm not saying that we draft Clausen and immediately start him next year (unless he comes in...plays lights out and deserves it). Give Cassel the start and let him play. If he improves his game....then we're in a good situation.....if he doesn't and continues to regress.....we have his successor. Well....that is unless Denver offers us a pick for Cassel....then I might think about trading him.

I think if we can get that 2nd back we jump on that as fast as we can.

Imagine us getting our franchise QB, and then sending Denver to their doom.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Clausen would have to be un****ingbelievable in the preseason for me even to consider starting him early in the year. Even at that, I'd have to be talked into it.

Let the n00b develop. Don't ****ing rush 'em.

I could care less who starts in the interim because he won't be the answer.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Clausen would have to be unfuckingbelievable in the preseason for me even to consider starting him early in the year. Even at that, I'd have to be talked into it.

Let the n00b develop. Don't fucking rush 'em.

So start Croyle if we can get our pick back for Cassel? Because no way do I keep Cassel and his salary if I can get any kind of value for him at all.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Ouch. I think Pike is terrible.

If you are going by the Sugar Bowl...I would agree...he nor his team played well at all. I actually free sorry for Cincy. They have no business going to BCS games.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 02:48 PM
So start Croyle if we can get our pick back for Cassel? Because no way do I keep Cassel and his salary if I can get any kind of value for him at all.

Basically yeah.....let Croyle start.......find out if he can even play an entire 16 games......in a row.

Titty Meat
We need McClain more than we need Clausen.

Mr. Laz
draft Clausen
Trade Cassel (if we can)
start Croyle
Clausen off the bench whenever he's ready

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Sure. I'd trade Cassel in a heartbeat. Would love to.

Croyle, Jake, some other scrub. Whoever.

Just make sure that Clausen is well-versed and ready before playing. Also, we'd need to have a competent o-line in place for him.

The Franchise
We need McClain more than we need Clausen.

:facepalm:

nychief
we aren't drafting clausen.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
we aren't drafting clausen.

Everyone welcome Scott Pioli to the Planet!

doomy3
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I think if we can get that 2nd back we jump on that as fast as we can.

Imagine us getting our franchise QB, and then sending Denver to their doom.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I disagree. I wouldn't want to trade Cassel to Denver with McDaniels. If they could find a way to keep Marshall, along with Royal and Moreno and that line, while only having to give up a second round pick for their QB, I think it could be scary. Marshall and Royal are serious weapons, and in McDaniels' offense, Cassel has shown he can be very productive.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Basically yeah.....let Croyle start.......find out if he can even play an entire 16 games......in a row.

draft Clausen
Trade Cassel (if we can)
start Croyle
Clausen off the bench whenever he's ready

Sure. I'd trade Cassel in a heartbeat. Would love to.

Croyle, Jake, some other scrub. Whoever.

Just make sure that Clausen is well-versed and ready before playing. Also, we'd need to have a competent o-line in place for him.

Sounds like a damn fine plan to me. :thumb:

The Franchise
I disagree. I wouldn't want to trade Cassel to Denver with McDaniels. If they could find a way to keep Marshall, along with Royal and Moreno and that line, while only having to give up a second round pick for their QB, I think it could be scary. Marshall and Royal are serious weapons, and in McDaniels' offense, Cassel has shown he can be very productive with Moss and Welker.

FYP

Titty Meat
Let Croyle start? Might as well let Clausen start if he's #2 on th depth chart.

HemiEd
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
The problem i have is the lag for weis goin from college back to pro and his ego to be right and prove that he is right about clausen. That could get real messy, real fast.
this

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I disagree. I wouldn't want to trade Cassel to Denver with McDaniels. If they could find a way to keep Marshall, along with Royal and Moreno and that line, while only having to give up a second round pick for their QB, I think it could be scary. Marshall and Royal are serious weapons, and in McDaniels' offense, Cassel has shown he can be very productive.

We have differing opinions on what Cassel can accomplish. I don't think he will ever, ever repeat his production from his magical season in NE. The sun, moon, and stars aren't going to collide again.

It's been no secret just how much I'm not a fan of Matt Cassel. I have no faith in the dude and would love to ship him to Denver. For a bag of popcorn.

Just my uneducated opinion.

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Everyone welcome Scott Pioli to the Planet!

Hello Scott! Welcome to the Planet!

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:57 PM

We can keep Marshall. He can't leave unless we let him. He literally has no control.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 03:00 PM
We can keep Marshall. He can't leave unless we let him. He literally has no control.

Just like Cutler.

The Franchise
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Just like Cutler.

But Cutler was horrible. /KnowMo

ToxSocks
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM

would you rather have Cassel than Orton?

kcfanXIII
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I am really starting to believe that this is going to happen if Clausen is there. Between Weis, Cassel's contract, and Cassel's performance it makes too much sense not to draft Clausen.

right? and if cassel starts to pick up his game, we got a piece to deal. kinda like brees/rivers situation in SD a few years ago.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-25-2010, 03:18 PM
This probably won't even happen. Don't the Redskins want Clausen? If he's on the board when they pick, there is no way they don't pick him, right?

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
This probably won't even happen. Don't the Redskins want Clausen? If he's on the board when they pick, there is no way they don't pick him, right?

Depends on how much Shanahan likes Campbell or Sam Bradford.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 03:21 PM

I think it all hinges on St. Louis. Not that long ago, everyone thought they would take Suh. Now everyone thinks they'll take Bradford. If they take Suh, I think Washington takes Bradford. If the Rams take Bradford, all bets are off on Clausen being available.

evolve27
02-25-2010, 03:22 PM

They would draft him for sure. Bradford would go #1 I think.

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I think it all hinges on St. Louis. Not that long ago, everyone thought they would take Suh. Now everyone thinks they'll take Bradford. If they take Suh, I think Washington takes Bradford. If the Rams take Bradford, all bets are off on Clausen being available.

Drafting Bradford would just mean the Rams will be the 90's Bengals.

mylittlepony
02-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Clausen is such a good fit in Shannahans offense.

BossChief
02-25-2010, 03:27 PM
You want to fix the offense? Trade Cassel for Marshall and draft Clausen and Tate.

Sign a stopgap veteran to compete with Gutierez for the #2/3 qb spot and draft Pouncey.

Start Croyle and hope he makes it through the season to try and build some trade value after next year with him. If he gets hurt again we let him go after the season.

By the time Clausen takes over in 2011 the line should be much improved and he should have some solid targets to throw to.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 03:28 PM

I just hope that Clausen or Berry are on the board and we can get one of them. Barring that, and I'll take a beating for this, I hope we can trade down and get Taylor Mays.

I STILL think he will have the best career out of the safeties in this class.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2010, 03:28 PM
You want to fix the offense? Trade Cassel for Marshall and draft Clausen and Tate.

Sign a stopgap veteran to compete with Gutierez for the #2/3 qb spot and draft Pouncey.

Start Croyle and hope he makes it through the season to try and build some trade value after next year with him. If he gets hurt again we let him go after the season.

By the time Clausen takes over in 2011 the line should be much improved and he should have some solid targets to throw to.

I would JIMP, and immediately come off of my .500 or bust high horse. Instanfuckingtaneously.

Fat Elvis
02-25-2010, 03:29 PM

That is kind of like asking if you would rather have Grover Cleveland or Millard Filmore....

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
What's the genesis of the Bradford-to-St.Louis rumor?

Titty Meat
02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
What's the genesis of the Bradfort-to-St.Louis rumor?

They need a QB thats about all. No way a QB who never took a snap from center with an injured shoulder gets drafted #1. Oh wait San Fransico did and we saw how that worked.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM

I'd rather have Orton. If I had my pick of anyone outside of Brady, Bress, and P Manning, I'd take Rivers.

Frosty
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
What's the genesis of the Bradford-to-St.Louis rumor?

I think it started with the rumor that Tampa Bay would trade up to take Suh, leaving St. Louis to take Bradford. :shrug:

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Just like Cutler.

Dumping Cutler was the best move we've made. He's a Type 1 diabetic with poor discipline. If he's playing in the NFL in 4 years I'll be impressed. 3 years if there is a lockout because he'll let himself go. The guy literally hasn't posted a winning record since High School.

DeezNutz
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I think it started with the rumor that Tampa Bay would trade up to take Suh, leaving St. Louis to take Bradford. :shrug:

I hear you, but why Bradford and not Clausen?

Frosty
02-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I hear you, but why Bradford and not Clausen?

Probably because the consensus is that Bradford is the top QB in the class.

HemiEd
02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Plus, John Elway is the greatest Qb of all time.

:LOL::LOL:

King_Chief_Fan
02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I'd rather have Orton. If I had my pick of anyone outside of Brady, Bress, and P Manning, I'd take Rivers.

Does it concern you that your coach covets Matt Cassel above all others?

King_Chief_Fan
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Clausen is such a good fit in Shannahans offense.

and how is that?........lets see, post Elway (who was already there when Shanny showed up) there has been...Griese, Ferrote, Plummer, Cutler, .....what kind of offense is he running?

LMAOShanny knows QB

CosmicPal
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
All this QB talk in the first five rounds is just fuel to get a team to trade up. St. Louis is the most logical of all teams to want a QB and I'm not sure they'll take one with the first pick. I think they'll covet Suh.

If I remember correctly, Campbell has a big contract for someone who hasn't performed up to his expectations. If I see Shanny doing ANYTHING, it's that he will trade down with Denver and the Donkos will take Clausen. Shanny gets a few pics on his first draft and Denver gets their QB of the future.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Does it concern you that your coach covets Matt Cassel above all others?

that has yet to be demostrated anywhere post Patriots and I wouldn't use the word covet either.