PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter: Chambers resigned a done deal.

Direckshun
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Per Twitter.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/03/08/chiefs-resign-chris-chambers/

Chiefs Resign Chris Chambers
Posted by: Patrick Allen

Pr Adam Schefter on Twitter:

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)

Filed to ESPN: KC re-signed WR Chris Chambers to a three-year deal worth up to $15 million that includes $5.9 million in gtd money.

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Why did we force him to resign? What's he resigned to?

okiedokieokoye
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
This will be nice...still could use another good receiver from the draft.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
To the paddle boats!

BigCatDaddy
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
That's a prett good deal for us if he can repeat what he did last year. I'm going to have to say that's Ball 1 for Pioli.

niblet
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Why did we force him to resign? What's he resigned to?

He's resigned to a done deal. Poor guy.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Flopnuts just came.

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
He's resigned to a done deal. Poor guy.

He has to play for the Chiefs, again? That sucks.

500!

okiedokieokoye
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
That's a 3 year, 15-million deal. Wow. Didn't think it would be for that much...

Braincase
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Print 'em.

(SOMEBODY HAD TO POST IT. IT'S THE F****** LAW!)

Brock
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
He got his. I doubt you'll be seeing much of the toughness he displayed this last season.

KCChiefsMan
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
well that is good news. We still need another WR or 2. and a bunch of other $hit

RealSNR
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Good to see us re-signing all these players. At least we're winning 4 games next year! W00t!

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
He got his. I doubt you'll be seeing much of the toughness he displayed this last season.

I'm with you on this one.

On another note, it's interesting that he re-signed so quickly, and that we were willing to pay him $5M without another team even being interested.

Seems like we were bidding against ourselves.

RedThat
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Good to see us re-signing all these players. At least we're winning 4 games next year! W00t!

We will win more than 4 games, bank on it!

KCChiefsMan
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM

On another note, it's interesting that he re-signed so quickly, and that we were willing to pay him $5M without another team even being interested.

ya, I can see that. Maybe he woke up last season and said "SHIT, I gotta try harder or my career is over!"

but he was one of the 2 bright spots on our offense last season.

Brock
We will win more than 4 games, bank on it!

Yeah, because we're playing a bunch of bad teams.

Titty Meat

That's what I was wondering.

HotRoute
So far this offseason all pioli has done resign players. Chambers is the first one I thought was a good idea. Any word on jones/fargas?

keg in kc
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
"up to $15 million" reads like it might be an incentive-laden contract.

Brock
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
ya, I can see that. Maybe he woke up last season and said "SHIT, I gotta try harder or my career is over!"

but he was one of the 2 bright spots on our offense last season.

More like "SHIT, I need one more big contract before I pack it in!".

The Bad Guy
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
He's not making 5 million a season unless he hits certain incentives.

I don't see this as a bad deal at all to be honest.

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
So Nick Wright was right for once.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
One less thing to worry about.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
When re-signing Chris Chambers is the biggest and best offseason move of your team, you know your team sucks.

pr_capone
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
to the ship!

http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/battleship_003.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 03:08 PM
When re-signing Chris Chambers is the biggest and best offseason move of your team, you know your team sucks.

LMAO

soundmind
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM

It's what some might call a "hail mary"...

...which means Cassel will screw this up by 10 yards in one direction or another.

BigCatDaddy
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM

You know I might be forgetting someone, but he could be our best pickup as a FA or trade since Kennsion. Now that sucks!

Sure-Oz
03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
You know I might be forgetting someone, but he could be our best pickup as a FA or trade since Kennison.

That's whats wrong

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Toilet Bowl! WOOT!

dirk digler
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Well that is some positive news.

Fritz88
03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
good

Micjones
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Good deal. He and Bowe make for a nice tandem.
Now Draft a WR and we're in pretty good shape at that position.

ChiefMojo
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Knew there would be some that would piss and moan about this. Here we re-sign one of our top two WR's that showed quality production and we have people worrying about us even overspending??? Once Bolden, Burleson, and Walters went off the board, who else was out there that was leaps and bounds better than Chambers? Marshall is unthinkable for how much Denver would want and that leaves the likes of the TO's of the world left. Draft a top notch WR in the 3rd round to go with Bowe and Chambers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Now Draft a WR and we're in pretty good shape at that position.

Golden Tate? If the price is right?

KCChiefsMan
to the ship!

http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/battleship_003.jpg

you sunk my battleship

CoMoChief
It was stupid to re-sign Vrabel. What a pile of dogshit that guy is.

Micjones
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Golden Tate? If the price is right?

I'd love it if it were Tate, but something tells me he might go at the bottom of Round 1.

I'd also take Arrelious Benn or Mardy Gilyard though...

HC_Chief
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
good

+1

okiedokieokoye
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Has anyone considered bringing in Holt? I feel like he might be declining but anyone have any thoughts?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 03:34 PM
WE-BE ROLL-IN'! KEEP THAT NUMBER TWO TAL-ENT ROLL-IN'!

FO' FIF-TEEN MILLION, KEEP THAT NUMBER TWO TAL-ENT ROLL-IN'!

TO THE 'SHIP! Peace!

Deberg_1990
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Has anyone considered bringing in Holt? I feel like he might be declining but anyone have any thoughts?

id rather bring in Jerry Rice....

FAX
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Everybody loves Pioli-os!

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Everybody loves Pioli-os!

FAX

Just like rusty nail up my Peeholi-o!

Archie Bunker
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Considering who was left after Boldin, Burleson, and Walter spurned us I'm pretty pleased to have Chambers back. Hopefully he can keep it up for a couple more seasons but I fear Brock may end up being correct on this one.

Warrior5
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Are Steve Breaston (Cards) or Antonio Bryant (Bucs) possibilities? :shrug:

BWillie
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
What's up w/ Brandon Marshall?

Archie Bunker
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Breaston has a 1st rd tender but Bryant is available.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Dude, those two led a receiver group that led the NFL in dropped passes. I'm not sure "nice tandem" is the description I would use.

Miles
03-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Might be declining?

Micjones
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Breaston was tendered with a #1.
Bryant is a freebird.

You know who I'm intrigued by? Davone Bess...
He can contribute to the offense AND as a returnman.
I know he's an ERFA, but I'm not sure if he's been tendered.

JD10367
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Knew there would be some that would piss and moan about this. Here we re-sign one of our top two WR's that showed quality production and we have people worrying about us even overspending??? Once Bolden, Burleson, and Walters went off the board, who else was out there that was leaps and bounds better than Chambers? Marshall is unthinkable for how much Denver would want and that leaves the likes of the TO's of the world left. Draft a top notch WR in the 3rd round to go with Bowe and Chambers.

If Pioli turned water into wine, some people here would complain that they wanted red AND white. If he made bricks without straw, they'd complain that they wanted a split-level duplex with bay windows.

He could trade a 7th-round pick for Tom Brady, and someone would complain, "Great, another old quarterback coming off an injury!"

But you can be guaranteed that the same doom-and-gloom naysaying motherf**kers are gonna be the first ones hooting and hollering if the Chiefs start out 4-0.

You should keep a list of all the f**king sandy-vag crybabies around here so that, when the Chiefs start winning, as soon as they post something positive you can rip them new assholes, tar and feather them, and ban their IPs and make them go to a Broncos or Raiders board. :D

FAX
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Dude, those two led a receiver group that led the NFL in dropped passes. I'm not sure "nice tandem" is the description I would use.

We have to fix that problem. Like ... immediately, if not sooner.

Hopefully, Weis has a solution for us in his bag of tricks and donuts and cheese whiz.

FAX

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Whiz is sticky.

MMXcalibur
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
You can't spell championship without Chris Championshipbers

FAX
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
"Bob, it looks like that football is turning ... yellow."

"Yes it does, Sam. And it seems like it only turns yellow when the Chiefs have the ball."

"Let's look at it on replay, Bob."

"There. You can see it, Sam. The ball is brown, then the Chiefs player catches it and all of a sudden, it's yellow."

"Must be a problem with the picture, Bob. Back to the action ... it's first and ten at the thirty ..."

FAX

LaChapelle
03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Mental illness is best left to the professionals

Marcellus
03-08-2010, 04:26 PM

I am guessing you know there were no other teams interested in the same way you knew that we offered a 3rd for Boldin.

the Talking Can
03-08-2010, 04:28 PM
good

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I am guessing you know there were no other teams interested in the same way you knew that we offered a 3rd for Boldin.

Seeing as how ever major media outlet has reported we offered a 3rd, and both of the guys here that have legit sources have said we offered a 3rd, it's a pretty fair assumption that we offered a 3rd for Boldin.

Show me one report of a team other than KC showing legitimate interest - not speculation - in Chris Chambers.

COchief
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
"Bob, it looks like that football is turning ... yellow."

"Yes it does, Sam. And it seems like it only turns yellow when the Chiefs have the ball."

"Let's look at it on replay, Bob."

"There. You can see it, Sam. The ball is brown, then the Chiefs player catches it and all of a sudden, it's yellow."

"Must be a problem with the picture, Bob. Back to the action ... it's first and ten at the thirty ..."

FAX

Talk about someone losing their burst, you either need to get back on the drugs or get off of them, not sure which.

the Talking Can
03-08-2010, 04:38 PM
5.9 mill guaranteed over 3 years is the NFL equivalent of 'free'

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
5.9 mill guaranteed over 3 years is the NFL equivalent of 'free'

Pretty much. I'm glad he was resigned.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM

LMAO

He could trade a 7th-round pick for Tom Brady, and someone would complain, "Great, another old quarterback coming off an injury!"

I'm sure we'll be getting Brady and Wilfork for a 2nd round pick in say....2014? :facepalm:

PIOLI! :p

Marcellus
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Seeing as how ever major media outlet has reported we offered a 3rd, and both of the guys here that have legit sources have said we offered a 3rd, it's a pretty fair assumption that we offered a 3rd for Boldin.

Show me one report of a team other than KC showing legitimate interest - not speculation - in Chris Chambers.

You missed that completely.

My point is nobody knew about the Chiefs offering a 3rd until after all the bitching and whining about not trying to trade for him had gone on for days.

Even if no "report" comes out about other teams interested in Chambers that doesn't mean it didn't happen. They don't report on every detail of every players free agency interest.

This place is bitchfest central about how much $ we have under the cap and why aren't we signing players.

We resign Chambers (who will never see all $15MM of this deal most likely) and now we are bidding against ourselves.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
You missed that completely.

My point is nobody knew about the Chiefs offering a 3rd until after all the bitching and whining about not trying to trade for him had gone on for days.

Even if no "report" comes out about other teams interested in Chambers that doesn't mean it didn't happen. They don't report on every detail of every players free agency interest.

This place is bitchfest central about how much $ we have under the cap and why aren't we signing players.

We resign Chambers (who will never see all $15MM of this deal most likely) and now we are bidding against ourselves.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Are you so naive to think that there was so much interest in him that he accepted an incentive laden contract with a minor league team?

It has nothing to do with money. We're eleventy-billion dollars from resembling a legitimate NFL payroll.

I'm sick of signing scrubs no other NFL teams want and hearing people EXCITED about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you so naive to think that there was so much interest in him that he accepted an incentive laden contract with a minor league team?

It has nothing to do with money. We're eleventy-billion dollars from resembling a legitimate NFL payroll.

I'm sick of signing scrubs no other NFL teams want and hearing people EXCITED about it.

What he said.

BossChief
03-08-2010, 05:26 PM
If Chambers signed somewhere else for that contract, this would have a completely different spin to it.

Everyone knows that.

the Talking Can
03-08-2010, 05:29 PM

where is all this excitement that is ruining your life?

Hootie
03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
$5.9M guaranteed?!

OMG end of the world! Strike 19,391 for Pioli!!!!

CaliforniaChief
03-08-2010, 05:37 PM
If Pioli turned water into wine, some people here would complain that they wanted red AND white. If he made bricks without straw, they'd complain that they wanted a split-level duplex with bay windows.

But you can be guaranteed that the same doom-and-gloom naysaying motherf**kers are gonna be the first ones hooting and hollering if the Chiefs start out 4-0.

You should keep a list of all the f**king sandy-vag crybabies around here so that, when the Chiefs start winning, as soon as they post something positive you can rip them new assholes, tar and feather them, and ban their IPs and make them go to a Broncos or Raiders board. :D

This is an epic blast. And so freaking true. We grab a guy off the waiver wire from a division opponent who immediately contributes. He actually wants to play here. People then complain about the amount of money he gets just days after bitching that we won't spend money. Some have just decided to be negative little Nellies and act like the grumpy guy in the Senior Center who sits alone by a checkerboard while complaining about his third wife and what a horrible woman she was.

I'm not saying I agree with everything Pioli/Haley have done. I didn't like the Jackson draft pick, and wish we would have kept Pollard. But my goodness, pop a few anti-depressants and relax.

BossChief
03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
That's a 3 year, 15-million deal. Wow. Didn't think it would be for that much...

http://i47.tinypic.com/v8ludg.gif

Epic Fail 007
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
some u piss me off,all u do is say negative things,i hardly see that many true fans here ,wtf.all u haters i don`t see u in in the nfl doing anything............if u hate the chiefs,wanna be fair weather fans,then why bother

Brock
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
some u piss me off,all u do is say negative things,i hardly see that many true fans here ,wtf.all u haters i don`t see u in in the nfl doing anything............if u hate the chiefs,wanna be fair weather fans,then why bother

Shut it. %(/

BossChief
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Flopnuts just came.

FUCK YES!!!!

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Try that again in English please.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM

LMAO It will never die.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Eric doesn't like true fans.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
$5 million isn't that much coin for a starting WR. The contract is also probably back-loaded. If he should falter along the way, we can cut our losses, with little impact on the cap.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Eric doesn't like true fans.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!ROFL :clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
I see it took $5 million to get it done. That's too much money for Chris Chambers, but the fact is we know what he can do for Kansas City. I would've ponied that money up too. Kudos for overpaying IMHO, the right guy for the job. Bookmark it and rub it in my face if it's wrong.

Bill Lundberg
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
$5 million isn't that much coin for a starting WR. The contract is also probably back-loaded. If he should falter along the way, we can cut our losses, with little impact on the cap.

Actually it's probably FRONT loaded since this is a no cap year.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Actually it's probably FRONT loaded since this is a no cap year.Either way, there should be very little cap implications, which was the entire point. It's a pretty good move, in a crumby FA market.

DeezNutz
I see it took $5 million to get it done. That's too much money for Chris Chambers, but the fact is we know what he can do for Kansas City. I would've ponied that money up too. Kudos for overpaying IMHO, the right guy for the job. Bookmark it and rub it in my face if it's wrong.

We do?

Bill Lundberg
Either way, there should very little cap implications, which was the entire point. It's a pretty good move, in a crumby FA market.

absolutely!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
We do?

Sure. There's no reason to think he can't be a 1000 yard receiver with about 7 TD's a year. That was his pace last year from the time he showed up, and honestly he was the only deep threat we really had. The offense improved instantaneously when he arrived.

I don't think he's done yet. I think SD was a miserable experience that is long behind him now. Again, it's just my opinion, I'll gladly eat my words in a year if I'm wrong. I think he could lead this team in receptions and yards next year, although I hope I'm wrong about that one.

I think he has more heart than Dwayne Bowe does. We'll see.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Sure. There's no reason to think he can't be a 1000 yard receiver with about 7 TD's a year. That was his pace last year from the time he showed up, and honestly he was the only deep threat we really had. The offense improved instantaneously when he arrived.

I don't think he's done yet. I think SD was a miserable experience that is long behind him now. Again, it's just my opinion, I'll gladly eat my words in a year if I'm wrong. I think he could lead this team in receptions and yards next year, although I hope I'm wrong about that one.

I agree with ya dude. He played well above what I thought he would when they signed him and an incentive laden deal will keep him motivated.

Chiefaholic
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Good Lord... Some people complain for the sake of something to complain about. Chambers was a keeper who we'll NEED even if we pick up another WR early in the draft. It was a 3 year deal which will likely be a two year deal if/when our young rookie is ready to step up and fill the void in the offense. Not resigning Chambers is a step backward for this franchise unless we could have made a trade for Boldin.

I think we can pick up a starting caliber WR with either of our 2nd round picks. And it gives us the luxery of picking up Cody if he slips to our 2A spot.

Warrior5
03-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Chambers was a good re-signing. Period.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Per nfl.com the deal was 12 million over 3 years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816d2d7e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

chiefzilla1501
03-08-2010, 08:35 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816d2d7e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

That should help clear up the motivation issue, too. This is probably Chambers' last NFL contract and I'm sure he knows that if he fucks up, he loses out on quite a bit of money. I hope.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
That should help clear up the motivation issue, too. This is probably Chambers' last NFL contract and I'm sure he knows that if he fucks up, he loses out on quite a bit of money. I hope.

Only half of it is guaranteed. There may be some escalators in there that could jump it up to the original 15 that was reported. I really think Chambers is going to be fine.

kcfanXIII
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
i know its probably been mentioned but:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
i know its probably been mentioned but:

Meh, yours is a better ship.

BIG K
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM

I agree!

No question, he was the best receiver the Chiefs had last year. (Albeit a short time) Which, if you think about it, is pretty sad. Nonetheless, great move on the Chiefs part.

T-post Tom
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM

Conflicting Details On Chris Chambers' Contract With The Chiefs
by Joel Thorman on Mar 8, 2010

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported today the Kansas City Chiefs had agreed to terms with WR Chris Chambers. The details, according to Schefter, were three years with a total value of $15 million.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi has some slightly different numbers, according to NFL.com.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reported Monday that Chambers' three-year deal is valued at $12 million, with nearly $6 million guaranteed.

The guaranteed numbers mesh. Schefter reported that number at $5.9 million.

What's also interesting is that Lombardi's website, National Football Post, is reporting the Schefter numbers.

I'm not quite sure what the exact numbers are but Lombardi has been spot-on with quite a few major reports out of Kansas City so I may defer to him on this one. That's about $1 million cheaper per year so kudos Scott Pioli if that's the case.

Yeah it may not seem like a lot of money but it averages out to $1 million per year which is more than all but eight Chiefs players make.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/8/1363644/conflicting-details-on-chris

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah it may not seem like a lot of money but it averages out to $1 million per year which is more than all but eight Chiefs players make.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/8/1363644/conflicting-details-on-chris

LMAO People on facebook are all talking about how we're going to the playoffs next year.

T-post Tom
03-09-2010, 12:18 AM
LMAO People on facebook are all talking about how we're going to the playoffs next year.

Football is like love: Hope always wins out over experience.

Jethopper
03-09-2010, 12:40 AM
And Terrance Copper is back!!!! What a offseason!

lostcause
03-09-2010, 03:17 AM

There is no such thing as overpaying this year.

Consistent1
03-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Meh, yours is a better ship.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1663/boxa.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/boxa.jpg/)

Consistent1
03-09-2010, 03:48 AM
with da rims being symbols for Charlie and Romeo.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1967/ballinl.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/ballinl.jpg/)

beach tribe
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Considering who was left after Boldin, Burleson, and Walter spurned us I'm pretty pleased to have Chambers back. Hopefully he can keep it up for a couple more seasons but I fear Brock may end up being correct on this one.

Luckily Pioli was smart enough to make the contract incentive laden.
Make him earn that dough.

C-Mac
03-09-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/08/1798971/chiefs-hold-on-to-wide-receiver.html

Chris Chambers was hopeful that after nine seasons in the NFL, he had finally found a home in Kansas City.

Even after becoming an unrestricted free agent Friday, Chambers instructed his agent to try to get a deal done with the Chiefs. The veteran wide receiver got his wish Monday when he signed a three-year contract.

Chambers could make as much as $15 million over the life of the contract. He is guaranteed a minimum of $5.9 million.

“All along, I wanted to be here,” Chambers said. “I knew how I felt and I knew how the team felt and that eventually we were going to get something done.”

The Chiefs acquired Chambers at midseason last year off waivers from San Diego. He caught just nine passes in seven games for the Chargers but revived his career after joining the Chiefs.

He immediately became their best wide receiver, catching two touchdown passes in his first game for the Chiefs in Jacksonville. He played in nine games for Kansas City and wound up tied for third with 36 catches, four of them for touchdowns.

“I got a chance to know the team last year, the players, the coaches and everyone,” Chambers said. “They all embraced me as soon as I came in. I was able to be successful. Matt Cassel and I built a relationship over the past three months, which I never had with a quarterback. He’s a guy I wanted to play with. He was definitely a huge part in me wanting to return.

“I felt like the team had a great nucleus of guys. We were fighting and scrapping and trying to win games. No one ever gave up. Everybody practiced really hard. Those are the type of guys you want to play football with. Eventually, things are going to turn around.”

Chambers in August will turn 32, an advanced age for an NFL wide receiver. But he said he’s convinced he can still play well considering how he and many of his contemporaries played last season.

“I feel like I’m still, believe it or not, growing as a wide receiver,” he said. “They gave me an opportunity here that I took advantage of even though I didn’t even know everything that was going on. To be a part of something like that was huge.

“It lets me know I can (still) play at a high level in this league despite what anybody says. With an offensive guru like Charlie Weis coming in, that’s going to make me better. There are some guys that came in with me that are still playing at a high level — Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Santana Moss.

“I could go on and on. They may be saying those things about them, but as you can see, things are still going well for them.

“That lets me know that if I continue to do the right things and keep my body in great shape that I’ll be able to play in this league for as long as I want to.”

SenselessChiefsFan
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
It is nice to see Chambers mention Cassel specifically as a reason to return. I think Cassel will ultimately be successful because he is a hard worker and a good leader. It is nice to see a player agree with my assessment, at least publicly.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
JIMP. I don't know if I believe him, but I love the fact that he said he wanted to be in KC all along. I'm just glad the deal is done and he's coming back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM

I'm calling it now:

2006: Back that ass up in to the play offs and say we're there because "we played better"( blech ).

2007: 4-12

2008: 2-14

2009: 4-12

2010: Back that ass up Herm-style, and True Fans screeeeeeeeeeeeeam "PROGRESS"! "PIOLI"! "THE SHIP IS FINALLY RIGHTED"!

Bank it you bitches. Bank it.

raybec 4
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm calling it now:

2006: Back that ass up in to the play offs and say we're there because "we played better"( blech ).

2007: 4-12

2008: 2-14

2009: 4-12

2010: Back that ass up Herm-style, and True Fans screeeeeeeeeeeeeam "PROGRESS"! "PIOLI"! "THE SHIP IS FINALLY RIGHTED"!

Bank it you bitches. Bank it.

I don't give a **** if they fall ass first into it by going 8-8 it's sure as shit improvement over 2-14. I doubt it will happen but I wouldn't bitch about it.

LaChapelle
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
If memory serves The Chiefs were the only team to put it a waiver claim for him
and that came with a healthy price tag (6 mil?)
It's easy to see why he would feel wanted here

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't give a **** if they fall ass first into it by going 8-8 it's sure as shit improvement over 2-14. I doubt it will happen but I wouldn't bitch about it.

Of course you don't. $$$$$Asses in the Seats$$$$$.