PDA

View Full Version : Life Life's a fragile thing.

El Jefe
03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
We seem to get caught up in the rat race, and sometimes throw pitty parties for ourselves when things get tough (i do anyways), and we forget how life can be gone in a minute. Yesterday the father of a friend of mine I went to school with was found dead in his driveway. He was 52 years old, his wife found him, the family is devistated. Don't forget your life isn't promised tomorrow.

Gracie Dean
03-15-2010, 10:24 AM
wow, too similar to my friend who died last week in her sleep. Her service is today. We are all still just kind of numb.

Sorry for your loss

RJ
03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
That's a sad story, but it does happen. And you're right, we should try very hard to not take things for granted, especially our families and friends.

Buehler445
03-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Good advice, bro. Sorry to hear about that. Be there for your bud. Even if you don't get all sappy with it, probably the best thing you can do is hang out with the guy and keep his mind of it.

MOhillbilly
03-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I have a hole in my soul when it comes to some things, but i never hesitate to tell my Clan how much i care for them, all of them, everytime.

The Franchise
03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
The wife just got a call yesterday that they're giving her Grandma 2-3 days to live. Her kidneys have completely shutdown since she had a heartattack a week ago. Seeing as how she basically raised my wife......my wife is devastated right now. I'm taking her to the airport tomorrow morning. We're just hoping that she gets a chance to say goodbye.

PhillyChiefFan
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I have a hole in my soul when it comes to some things, but i never hesitate to tell my Clan how much i care for them, all of them, everytime.

Yea, I try to now too. I had a friend die of cancer when I was 20, he was 20 also when he died, and I sat there after my 21st birthday at a bar and had a very sobering thought, that he never made it to even legally drink a beer at a bar.

Ever since then, I vowed to remember to tell my family that I love them, help my friends anytime they need it, and not to dwell on things I can't control.

It has made my life better, it's only too bad it took losing a friend for me to realize it.

MOhillbilly
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
it makes me laugh in my head when Clan still goes for the handshake. I just bypass that shit and go for the bearhug. If i didnt bearhug at this point they would think something was wrong.

kczoo
03-15-2010, 12:29 PM
We seem to get caught up in the rat race, and sometimes throw pitty parties for ourselves when things get tough (i do anyways), and we forget how life can be gone in a minute. Yesterday the father of a friend of mine I went to school with was found dead in his driveway. He was 52 years old, his wife found him, the family is devistated. Don't forget your life isn't promised tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device My best friend Greg died suddenly Nov 29th 2009. He was one of four of the officers killed in that coffee shop in Washington. I'm still devastated everyday. Stuff like that happens on the news, not to us personally (or so I thought). I love and miss my childhood friend too

stevieray
03-15-2010, 12:31 PM
it makes me laugh in my head when Clan still goes for the handshake. I just bypass that shit and go for the bearhug. If i didnt bearhug at this point they would think something was wrong.

"brothers don't shake....brothers gotta hug!"

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 12:55 PM
The wife just got a call yesterday that they're giving her Grandma 2-3 days to live. Her kidneys have completely shutdown since she had a heartattack a week ago. Seeing as how she basically raised my wife......my wife is devastated right now. I'm taking her to the airport tomorrow morning. We're just hoping that she gets a chance to say goodbye.

:( I'm so sorry dude.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device My best friend Greg died suddenly Nov 29th 2009. He was one of four of the officers killed in that coffee shop in Washington. I'm still devastated everyday. Stuff like that happens on the news, not to us personally (or so I thought). I love and miss my childhood friend too

OMG. I sat in horror as that whole thing unfolded on television that day. Your friend was a hero who was ambushed by a coward.

You have my sincerest condolences.

kczoo
03-15-2010, 01:06 PM
OMG. I sat in horror as that whole thing unfolded on television that day. Your friend was a hero who was ambushed by a coward.

You have my sincerest condolences.

Thank you for that. I live in Missouri, but Greg and I grew up in California. He went into the Army and stayed in Washington, I to missouri. We always talked and emailed and he asked me and my wife to come see him and his family this summer. Now I will go see his family and my best friend is cremated but at home with his wife and kids. Very hard to even write about, but Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
:( I'm so sorry dude.

Yeah man....it's been a rough time for my wife. She had bought planetickets to take my step-daughter out with her because they'd never met. Now the kid is never going to get the chance to meet a great woman.

MOhillbilly
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
"brothers don't shake....brothers gotta hug!"

giggle.:clap: