PDA

View Full Version : The other BB wants to bench Grbac for Collins...

htismaqe
10-23-2000, 02:06 PM
...Or at least a large number of posts are being dedicated to this by our friends Denise and Jeff Miller.

Miller points out that now that Grbac is playing well, it just shows how inconsistant he is. He also knocks his leadership ability.

Meanwhile, Denise is declaring that she and Miller make a good tag team ~ Miller with the 'facts' and her with the 'emotional' viewpoint.

Luz
are we a poorer bb for lacking such a diversity of intellectually vacant suppositions spanning a labyrinth of convoluted self-conscience inadequacies???...

Fat Homer
10-23-2000, 02:08 PM
Are they trying to make some sort of sick joke? Collins... in for Grbac?! They are either really, REALLY stupid - or really afraid Grbac will nudge 'beloved' Gannon out of Pro Bowl considerations.

Raiderhater
10-23-2000, 02:09 PM
I did pop over to see the reactions, and I noticed that Miller posted Moons QB rating for yesterdays game...

He claimed that Moon's QB rating was 1992.25 - this from a man who claims that stats bear out that EG is not a good QB.

Too funny not to pass along. BTW, I pointed out the max rating was 158.33

Fort Chief
10-23-2000, 02:11 PM
Why do all you people who complain about the other people on the other BB go over there so much?

I don't have any problem with anyone over there, and I haven't posted on there ONCE since coming over here.

Do you miss Denise? Is that what it is?

I've gone over there about three times total since the "breakup" and almost everytime I do, I see you morphius, Russ, kphobia, shockey, etc. etc. with posts on that board.

If you hate the people who post over there so much why don't you just stay away.

Sounds easy enough to me.

Phobia
10-23-2000, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me like Mr. "Facts" has been around Ms. "Opinion" a little too long.

htismaqe
10-23-2000, 02:15 PM
Cannibal,

Why would I hate someone(s) that are such a great source of ammusement?

Where do you get this hate thing?

Luz
i even think we ought to keep a few liberals around lest we forget what they stand for!!!... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

kcred
10-23-2000, 02:15 PM
I won't comment on the QB thing other than I keep expecting Grbav to implode at any moment... To his credit he hasn't and has played with alot of confidence (though I still think somebody will use the CB blitz with those deep drops he takes).

Regarding the other board... I gave up on them when for some reason I got flamed when KC beat the Donks and when some dude was trying to convince me Lockett was a better player than Cris Carter and that Tim Brown was an underachiever.

ansonsdad
10-23-2000, 02:17 PM
That's why they are the OTHER BB.

htismaqe
10-23-2000, 02:18 PM
LOL.

Luz
chris carter the tennis player maybe...

Lurker Brett
10-23-2000, 02:18 PM
I will admit I am a Denise fan.

I go over there just to read the garbage that spews from her fingertips. She is a hoot, kinda like James Carville or Mary Matlin.

DoktorSmith
10-23-2000, 02:19 PM
Cannibal, I've made only two or three posts over there in the past two months and those were made last week because of some idiotic thing I read from Denise....that was the only time I've been over there in the past two months...so don't say you see my name over there, unless it was just last week...with that said...yes, can't you see that we miss Denise...

Grbac for Collins...truthfully, had I looked at the other BB today...I definitely would have posted on that one...fools that they are need to hear from sane persons every once in a while... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

chiefsfan58
10-23-2000, 02:23 PM
Bill: It had been a while so I thought I would go over there and see what was up. I couldn't believe when I called him out that he wanted to start Collins. Denise and Jeff are enough to leave no doubt that god has a sense of humor! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

htismaqe
10-23-2000, 02:26 PM
Bwana,

Indeed He does!

Luz
and did you hear that kevin lockett is a better receiver than cris carter???... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Luzap (edited 10-23-2000).]

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 02:42 PM
I actually read and have enjoyed both boards. There are posts on each board that have been and are pretty lame. You cannot claim that all of the posters on the other board are idiots because of the comments of a couple. That would be unfair to the rest of the posters. I hope that sometime soon you all can deal with you anger towards those few on the other board and not take it out on everyone else. When I see someone attacking an entire board for the comments of a couple they lose crediblity with me. Can't everyone just get along.

Phobia
10-23-2000, 02:46 PM
Chop,
I'll have to admit, they did a pretty good job of making those two look like idiots. But I just couldn't resist taking a shot at "Mr. Facts."

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 02:49 PM
Mi_Chief fan

What does the MI stand for? is it michigan?

Raiderhater
10-23-2000, 02:50 PM
Miserable. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Gracie Dean
10-23-2000, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>I go over there just to read . . . her fingertips. . . kinda like . . . Mary Matlin <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sure you don't mean MARLEE Matlin?

Boo, Hiss. . . Bad joke.<BR>

Phobia
10-23-2000, 02:54 PM
Chop,
Michigan it is, but you can call me Joe.

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 02:56 PM
I am in Michigan also. What part of the state are you in?

Phobia
10-23-2000, 03:00 PM
Lawrence, over near K'zoo. You?

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 03:02 PM
I live in Flint. But don't hold that against me.

ansonsdad
10-23-2000, 03:03 PM
I don't know why everyone is afraid to say it so I will. I think the average poster on this BB is more knowledgeable that the average person on that BB. The fact that Denise is over there is just icing on the cake.

BIG DADDY

Thinks Denise would make just about anyone sound intelligent. Collins, Pleeaase

Phobia
10-23-2000, 03:04 PM
Ahh, Flint, the "fresh air" capitol of the Midwest. I've been to Flint a few times, it's not that bad.

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 03:04 PM
Are you the same big daddy over there?

mcnall
10-23-2000, 03:12 PM
Chop,
I had just assumed that he was the same. I may owe this one an apology.

------------------

"A steak a day keeps the cows dead."

ansonsdad
10-23-2000, 03:16 PM
Yes and No. I used to post over there before coming over here but I still have my name. There is some but*hole that took my name after I left and constantly makes an as* out of himself. I AM NOT THAT GUY.

BIG DADDY

Looking for a little clarification.The Real BIG DADDY is standing up.

Jayhawk
10-23-2000, 03:16 PM
I have been over your way a few times also. It looks a little cleaner on that side of the state.

htismaqe
10-23-2000, 03:19 PM
BIG_DADDY,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll admitt, at times I wondered if you weren't schizo! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Luz
actually, classy behavior always stands out!!!...<BR>

mcnall
10-23-2000, 03:25 PM
Big Daddy,
I’m sorry I thought you were the same guy. I just couldn’t figure out how come you seemed so much smarter when you were posting on this BB.<BR>

ansonsdad
10-23-2000, 03:28 PM
I am still BIG DADDY over there but I never post. VERY rarely. usually to tell the Big Daddy over there to quit using my name.( notice mine is always capitolized.) He is an abrasive piece of sh*t.

BIG DADDY

That guy pisses me off http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Tom_Barndts_Twin
10-23-2000, 03:42 PM
a few years back, this guy in the next town had the same name as me...dude wrote a bunch of rubber checks and they were always putting his/my name in the paper. then one day he got run over and expired. all kinds of people were calling my wife to offer sympathy and crap...pretty crazy for awhile.
sec

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-23-2000, 04:06 PM
I respond over there still but only when this board is slow. I don't participate in board bashing or soliciting any longer. What point exactly are you trying to make by dropping names of people that post over there, Cannibal? I'm feeling insulted but am not sure I should. I've got nothing to hide, that's why I use the same name on both boards....

AustinChief
10-23-2000, 04:55 PM
Well, the "other" BB is more dysfunctional than I am... even though my sister Cybil has taught me a lot!<BR>

Stryker
10-23-2000, 05:19 PM
Wasn't Miller in charge of the batting averages in the Bingo Long & his traveling all-stars movie?

AustinChief
10-24-2000, 09:44 AM
Ok, this thread is causing a snit over in that other place... Can someone clue me in on what's going on? Is this thread accurate or not? And why are folks over there in a snit about it if it is accurate?

Since I will NOT post over there as a matter of principle and keeping the peace, I would really like to be clued in...

Monty
10-24-2000, 09:49 AM
Why does anybody care what's going on in that hellhole?

Raiderhater
10-24-2000, 09:57 AM
Fly: Here's the post that this was based upon...Jeff was asked whether he would want Grbac or Gannon on the team right now--I know, I know, they're still talking about it.

Jeff Miller (Jeff_000), 10/23/00 02:30 pm (reply 63 of 92)

I wouldn't choose either one for the Chiefs. They got away from the Gannon style of play after he left. While I think he could still be effective and win games as the QB for the Chiefs it would be a waste of the receivers they have gotten and kept.

I would go with Collins. Let Moon teach him and have Moon handy in case he faultered. Grbac is to streaky for me. He doesn't display the leadership ability to take the team all the way.

This has basically been his team since he signed the dotted line, yet the inconsistency in the offense shows he can't keep them focused and lead them with consistency.

When the foolish penalties and play calling shows up, he needs to take control. Settle everyone down. Call the plays that have been working not the plays that haven't. He was handed the job as starter. He never really earned it and I think it shows in his leadership skills.

He is suppose to be the QBOTF, the "field general" of the offense, but he has yet to step up and take full control.

So, needless to say, I wouldn't pick either.

When pressed, Jeff went on to state that based up on last Sundays stats, Moon had a 1992.25 QB rating - he stated it twice, when called on it, he said 'I meant to overstate it to prove a point' - yeah that he's an idiot.

AustinChief
10-24-2000, 10:02 AM
Yes, Brock, I agree. It was pretty sad last week with the Lambs and trolls. I go over there about once or twice a week to see what's being posted. But I should just stay away. Old habits die hard! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Besides, the smilies here are so much more fun!

KCTitus: Thanks for the update!

[This message has been edited by TheFly (edited 10-24-2000).]

Raiderhater
10-24-2000, 10:30 AM
NP, Fly...as a matter of fact, the post about us was deleted. Good ol' BBA true to form over there.

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-24-2000, 10:44 AM
I really can't believe the deleted that topic. That's freaking ridiculous. As much as I'd prefer not to have the negative attention, their BBA had NO right to remove it.

htismaqe
10-24-2000, 10:45 AM
KCTitus,

In their deleted topic, wasn't Denise criticizing the moderators here for being very active and deleting posts?

Luz
some things never change...

chiefsfan58
10-24-2000, 10:51 AM
It's not hard to figure out why it was deleted. People were comming out of the wood work smacking around the queen Bee. The BBA over there warms up the the Q-bee, hence, the topic goes bye bye.

It will be interesting to see how long the political topic lasts over there or if the BBA learned its lesson?

Iron Chef
10-24-2000, 10:51 AM
Why was the topic deleted after having over 40 posts?

It was immediately removed when it was pointed out that a certain Gannon supporter in the Yahoo Pick Em game had:
1) Picked the chiefs to lose every game this season.
2) Picked the raiders to win every game this season.

Wonder if this "chiefs" supporter asked to have it removed? Who knows, Who cares!

AustinChief
10-24-2000, 10:58 AM
It is ironic to me that the post created by Denise to talk about a post here was deleted by the BBA over there!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif<BR>

htismaqe
10-24-2000, 03:03 PM
It's just another example of how the people can't be trusted to moderate themselves...

oh wait, I guess it was the Admin on the other BB that's doing all the deleting?

Luz
never mind...