PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I see Pioli taking a lot of the blame for last year's piss-ass offseason

RealSNR
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
And I agree that he deserves most of it.

But are we leaving out Todd Haley in this situation? Remember, we don't quite know about Todd. He might actually be more retarded than Herm. Nobody really knows.

To me, it's also kind of a Catch-22 here. If Todd Haley thought Tyson Jackson was a good pick, and that signing Goff and Mike Brown were good ideas and cutting Pollard and moving to the 3-4 were all good ideas, then he deserves some blame. I mean, he thought these abysmal ideas were good. But then if he didn't think these ideas were good, they still happened under his watch, and his head coaching job during the season reflected entirely Pioli's plan for how a football team should look. And in that case, Todd deserves blame ANYWAY for being a spineless bastard and giving in wholeheartedly to the wishes of Scott Pioli, who would not take any part in building the team, coaching them, improving them, and making the final product on gameday.

The Bad Guy
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM

But are we leaving out Todd Haley in this situation? Remember, we don't quite know about Todd. He might actually be more retarded than Herm. Nobody really knows.

To me, it's also kind of a Catch-22 here. If Todd Haley thought Tyson Jackson was a good pick, and that signing Goff and Mike Brown were good ideas and cutting Pollard and moving to the 3-4 were all good ideas, then he deserves some blame. I mean, he thought these abysmal ideas were good. But then if he didn't think these ideas were good, they still happened under his watch, and his head coaching job during the season reflected entirely Pioli's plan for how a football team should look. And in that case, Todd deserves blame ANYWAY for being a spineless bastard and giving in wholeheartedly to the wishes of Scott Pioli, who would not take any part in building the team, coaching them, improving them, and making the final product on gameday.

I have a feeling Todd Haley had very little input regarding Tyson Jackson.

tyler360
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
What is Haley supposed to do? Trash Pioli on making a horrible pick?

RealSNR
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
What is Haley supposed to do? Trash Pioli on making a horrible pick?He's in that war room.

Dick Vermeil had PLENTY of say in his drafts. Same with Herm. It's not like coaches blindly take the players that the GM gives them and are expected to mold a football team out of whatever they have.

Halfcan
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Why is everyone down on T Jack-he had lke 5 tackles-lol thats a lot for a block eater

Fritz88
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM

I am pretty sure that was the case

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Todd Haley was a first year head coach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
If Haley's a moron, then it's on Pioli for hiring the dumb sonofabitch.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Tyson Jackson will be a solid building block for the defense going forward. Haley won't put up with nonproductivity.

bevischief
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Tyson Jackson will be the next HC...

FAX
03-25-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't think Haley's a moron ... not a real, genuine moron, anyhow.

But, I have to believe that everybody played their part in the series of strange decisions that comprised last year's off-season.

Still, everybody got off to a very late start last year. Surely to God we'll do better this year after bringing in fully qualified coordinators, a new scouting staff, and a better brand of coffee for the executives.

FAX

Mecca
03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Not all GM's give coaches any input when it comes to draft, AJ Smith told Marty to essentially shut the fuck up he has no say in who they draft and that was a huge reason they didn't get along.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
4/8/28

Never forget.

Deberg_1990
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I dont think hes a moron...But if the team has another year like last year, hes gone.

I think hes expendable. Its not like hes expensive or has ever proved anything in the league.

whoman69
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I hardly think Haley switches to the 3-4 on the sayso of Pioli. A coach is responsible for his results on the field. They are going to make decisions based upon what they think will win games. They may have discussed it and agreed it was the way to go. No coach would agree to run a system they didn't think would work. Coaches always complain about not having final say on personnel decisions. Parcelles is famous for complaining he had to cook the meal without getting to choose the groceries. Historically coaches who have the dual GM role are not very successful.

The GM is responsible for the success of the franchise. They will listen to the coach because they are more expert in what happens on the field of play. That said, the GM makes the pick they think will help them keep their job.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Haley had less time with the Chiefs than Pioli did. He wasn't hired until really late.

Chiefnj2
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Haley is a moron.

Firing Chan a week before the season and throwing an additional 20 blocking schemes on your team = moron. Continued shuffling of players so nobody could get in synch = moron. Not playing guys like Wade Smith more often = moron. Playcalling sucked. I forget exactly but wasn't it until week 14 that KC was able to score a 1st quarter TD? So, to answer your question, yes, Haley is a moron. Hopefully Crennel and Weis can dope smack him.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
He's in that war room.

Dick Vermeil had PLENTY of say in his drafts. Same with Herm. It's not like coaches blindly take the players that the GM gives them and are expected to mold a football team out of whatever they have.

Dick Vermeil had more clout at the time too.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Haley is a moron.

Firing Chan a week before the season and throwing an additional 20 blocking schemes on your team = moron. Continued shuffling of players so nobody could get in synch = moron. Not playing guys like Wade Smith more often = moron. Playcalling sucked. I forget exactly but wasn't it until week 14 that KC was able to score a 1st quarter TD? So, to answer your question, yes, Haley is a moron. Hopefully Crennel and Weis can dope smack him.

Can you agree that Haley improved over the season? It was his first god damned HC job, and he bit off more than he chew. But got better at it as the season went on. I'm not going to hate on him for improving. And also doubling the wins of the team.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
4/8/28

Never forget.

April 8th 2028?

Chiefnj2
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Can you agree that Haley improved over the season? It was his first god damned HC job, and he bit off more than he chew. But got better at it as the season went on. I'm not going to hate on him for improving. And also doubling the wins of the team.

Certainly not. They lost 6 of their last 7, didn't they? Two of those losses must have been by 20 points each. A bad loss to Cleveland, and to Buffalo? No, it didn't get better as the season went on, unless one game against Denver is your watermark.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Certainly not. They lost 6 of their last 7, didn't they? Two of those losses must have been by 20 points each. A bad loss to Cleveland, and to Buffalo? No, it didn't get better as the season went on, unless one game against Denver is your watermark.

I'd say the fact that he seemed to learn from earlier mistakes (playing JC and DJ for example). Also, leaving the line alone and not making them switch from week to week... I thought playcalling got better towards the end of the season too.

HemiEd
03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Haley is a moron.

I think he still rates in the "Top 10 NFL Rooke Head Coaches for 2009, without having been a player, or previous HC, while carrying a better than average golf handicap" catagory.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I think he still rates in the "Top 10 NFL Rooke Head Coaches for 2009, without having been a player, or previous HC, while carrying a better than average golf handicap" catagory.

LOL Only top 10?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I'd say the fact that he seemed to learn from earlier mistakes (playing JC and DJ for example). Also, leaving the line alone and not making them switch from week to week... I thought playcalling got better towards the end of the season too.

He didn't learn from his mistake with Charles. He literally had no other choice other than Jackie Battle and Dantrel Savage.

aturnis
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Haley is a moron.

Would you rather he had waited until this offseason to instill the new zone blocking scheme and take our lumps in year 2? Essentially the Oline would be back to square one. I'd rather have suffered the growing pains in a year when we weren't expecting to improve than to waste a year when we should be a better team to strip them down for rebuilding.

FD
03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
The whole idea behind the "Patriot way" was this mind-meld between coach and personnel man. Thus, the question is what was really going on:

Scenario A: Belichick was the brains behind it all.

Pioli was in the right place at the right time and cashed in. In search of the "Patriot way" he picked a coach that he felt he would agree with on most things, someone from the same coaching tree, but really just someone young and inexperienced, who would let him call all the shots and not question it. Also, a dumbass, who has no business being a head coach (at least not at this point in his career). Trying to replicate his success in New England, he hires the coordinators that were also there, who have mostly failed since leaving, hugely reaches for a defensive lineman in his first draft and takes the backup New England QB because he's got a great attitude towards the game, but not much else.

Scenario B: Pioli was the brains.

Haley is an up-and-coming coach (fresh off a Superbowl run) who Pioli could achieve the all important mind-meld with. Despite a rough start, Haley has what it takes to be very successful in this league with help from two top notch coordinators. He showed improved playcalling and judgement as the season went on. In Pioli's first draft he ignored the trendy advice and took a cornerstone player of a revamped 3-4 defense. He signed a QB who showed a lot of potential in his first starting season to a front-loaded contract and could cut his losses if it didn't work out and brought in veteran leadership to change the culture.

I tend to be a perpetual optimist and lent strongly in favor of scenario B initially. The evidence so far has mostly supported scenario A. This next season should pretty well clarify things. I'm trying to make the point that Haley and Pioli should be judged together, because of this philosophy thats been brought over from New England. If Haley stinks, Pioli does, and vice versa.

EyePod
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
He didn't learn from his mistake with Charles. He literally had no other choice other than Jackie Battle and Dantrel Savage.

He admitted his mistake for not playing JC and DJ. I'd say that's learning from it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM

It ALL starts at the top( minus your absentee owner of course ).

Chiefnj2
03-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Would you rather he had waited until this offseason to instill the new zone blocking scheme and take our lumps in year 2? Essentially the Oline would be back to square one. I'd rather have suffered the growing pains in a year when we weren't expecting to improve than to waste a year when we should be a better team to strip them down for rebuilding.

Suffered what growing pains? Albert looked lost last year and 3/5ths of the line has been, or will be replaced with Waters soon behind them. Yeah, I'm really glad Goff got some experience in the new system, it did wonders for the team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
He admitted his mistake for not playing JC and DJ. I'd say that's learning from it.

Admitting a mistake doesn't mean that you learned from it.

The underlying problem is that he seems unable to evaluate and get the ball in the hands of the team's best players

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Suffered what growing pains? Albert looked lost last year and 3/5ths of the line has been, or will be replaced with Waters soon behind them. Yeah, I'm really glad Goff got some experience in the new system, it did wonders for the team.

Have you been possessed or something?

o:-)

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM

LMAO

MahiMike
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
He's in that war room.

That's a bogus point. You really think a guy 2 months into his 1st ever HC gig is gonna try and throw his weight around on the #3 over all pick? I don't think so. Haley took whatever Pioli gave him.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
That's a bogus point. You really think a guy 2 months into his 1st ever HC gig is gonna try and throw his weight around on the #3 over all pick? I don't think so. Haley took whatever Pioli gave him.

He was under contract, wasn't he?

Are you telling us that a guy like Haley, who's paid $3 million per year, would be fired for voicing his opinion?

Wut?

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Yeah, most successful coaches are spineless fucking bitches.

keg in kc
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Last year's offseason featured a completely different scouting department and a completely different set of coordinators. I don't think 2009 necessarily has to be seen as some kind of presage to 2010.

jspchief
03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Haley is a moron.

Firing Chan a week before the season and throwing an additional 20 blocking schemes on your team = moron. Continued shuffling of players so nobody could get in synch = moron. Not playing guys like Wade Smith more often = moron. Playcalling sucked. I forget exactly but wasn't it until week 14 that KC was able to score a 1st quarter TD? So, to answer your question, yes, Haley is a moron. Hopefully Crennel and Weis can dope smack him.You forgot making 75 mid-season transactions all related to the WR position as if that was the problem.

FAX
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Last year's offseason featured a completely different scouting department and a completely different set of coordinators. I don't think 2009 necessarily has to be seen as some kind of presage to 2010.

That's the hope, to be sure, Mr. keg in kc.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for 12 to 14 sacks from Tyson this year. And a bazillion tackles, too (hope I spelled bazillion right). And a music video. And a decent restaurant featuring a good burger and those real super crispy fries. And a haircut, maybe.

FAX

LaChapelle
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I tend to believe Romeo was the plan all along
the offense falls on Haley
unless you believe Castle was forced on him -spendex might be weaved less tight

BIG K
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Haley is a moron.

Just because Wade played better this year than everyone who he stepped in for does not make him a good player, so I have been told on this board. Let the guy go they say.....

Anyway, got to agree with you. Hopefully with Cren and Weis, better moves will be made, and not a million player changes as the season progresses....

Chiefshrink
03-25-2010, 10:18 PM

DING DING DING DING!!!!

Quite frankly I thought we made decent lemonade out of a bunch lemons as the season progressed. This is the one "tell tale positive" that I was looking for in last yrs team regardless of how many wins. Did the Chiefs of '09' get better on both sides of the ball as the season progressed?? I have to say "YES". Not pretty but "YES".

This is HUGE because look at what Pioli and Haley had to work with!!:eek: Especially not having a complete scouting crew and Haley firing Gailey last minute before the season starts. I mean this is a recipe for a no win season but hell we got 4wins and both sides of the ball began to play very well the last 1/3rd of the season IMO. They were competitive all season long and in almost every game which means they didn't give up which means they believe in Haley.

BIG K
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
DING DING DING DING!!!!

Quite frankly I thought we made decent lemonade out of a bunch lemons as the season progressed. This is the one "tell tale positive" that I was looking for in last yrs team regardless of how many wins. Did the Chiefs of '09' get better on both sides of the ball as the season progressed?? I have to say "YES". Not pretty but "YES".

This is HUGE because look at what Pioli and Haley had to work with!!:eek: Especially not having a complete scouting crew and Haley firing Gailey last minute before the season starts. I mean this is a recipe for a no win season but hell we got 4wins and both sides of the ball began to play very well the last 1/3rd of the season IMO. They were competitive all season long and in almost every game which means they didn't give up which means they believe in Haley.

Can't argue with that. They really sucked, ALOT, but they never gave up and ended the season with a bang. Hopefully, it was momentum into this season. (Do not bring up the Pitt game) :D

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
This is is HUGE because look at what Pioli and Haley had to work with!!:eek: Especially not having a complete scouting crew and Haley firing Gailey last minute before the season starts.

BULLSHIT.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

This has been discussed ad nauseam, but Pioli had a FULL contingent of scouts and IGNORED THEM.

Would you please GO THE FUCK AWAY?!

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Can't argue with that. They really sucked, ALOT, but they never gave up and ended the season with a bang. Hopefully, it was momentum into this season. (Do not bring up the Pitt game) :D

It was bullshit.

Aren't you more informed than this? Seriously?

This guy is a fucking idiot with bullshit to spew.

Chiefshrink
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
BULLSHIT.

BULL ****ING SHIT.

This has been discussed ad nauseam, but Pioli had a FULL contingent of scouts and IGNORED THEM.

Would you please GO THE **** AWAY?!

Dane Dane Dane:shake: Have you not changed your tampon nor started your prozac????:shrug: Because it is shoooooooooooooooowing:eek:

WTF were you expecting the first yr Dane ol boy?????????????????

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Dane Dane Dane:shake: Have you not changed your tampon nor started your prozac????:shrug: Because it is shoooooooooooooooowing:eek:

WTF were you expecting the first yr Dane ol boy?????????????????

Shut the fuck up.

Your comments are arbitrary and worthless

beach tribe
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM

That's how I feel as well.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Mike Brown is 100% a Haley move.

He called him his favorite player.

Haley should be blamed for leaving Charles to rot on the bench for half the season.

He's not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. However, he has a much better excuse than Pioli - he was a rookie head coach. Pioli was supposedly honing his talent acquisition skills for nigh-on a decade in New England. He was supposed to come out of the box ready to go. Apparently he came without batteries.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 11:18 AM

If we have another bad draft and Haley is fired things would not look good for Pioli.

The Franchise
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
If we have another bad draft and Haley is fired things would not look good for Pioli.

If we have another bad draft? Pioli could draft o-line with his first 3 picks and the true fans would fucking rejoice.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I wrote this during the season. This is how dumb Todd Haley was.

http://kan.scout.com/2/917639.html

Chiefs Are Starving Charles

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top">All week long, running back Jamaal Charles was the hot topic in Kansas City. Larry Johnson was suspended, Charles was slated to start against the Jacksonville Jaguars, fans were excited and ready for something fresh in the backfield. After Johnson’s 2.7 yards per carry and zero touchdowns in 2009, change was good.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
Head coach Todd Haley talked up Charles during last week’s press conferences. Charles himself bubbled about the opportunity to finally start and be featured. The stage was set for a young player to prove himself.

On three of the first four plays of Sunday’s game, the Chiefs put the ball in Charles’ hands. He gained 22 yards. It certainly appeared as if Haley planned to feature Charles and then, without warning, everything ground to a halt.

After three touches in four plays (which led to a field goal), Charles only saw the ball six more times the rest of the game. The Chiefs went several series without making an attempt to put the ball in his hands. After the beginning of the game, Charles waited until there were 35 seconds left in the first half for his next touch.

Instead of handing the ball to Charles, the Chiefs rolled out an old Kansas City “favorite,” running back by committee. Kolby Smith (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307550), Dantrell Savage (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307549) and even fullback Mike Cox (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307417) received touches. All told, KC’s backs combined for 18 touches and produced 84 yards. Not awful by any stretch of the imagination, and no one was missing Johnson or his 2.7 yards per carry. Running back by committee averaged over four yards per carry.

But what good did it really do? The Chiefs failed to move the ball with much success until the game was well out of reach in the fourth quarter. Until Matt Cassel (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4210794) started throwing desperate bombs to Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307406) and Chris Chambers, Kansas City’s longest drive covered only 39 yards. Haley’s offense produced five three-and-out series and, at one point, punted four consecutive times. It was pathetic offense.

Should we really be surprised when the gameplanning is equally pathetic?

After Tennessee’s Chris Johnson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4347194) scorched the Jaguars for 228 yards rushing a week ago, the Chiefs should have done everything in their power to feature Charles Sunday in Jacksonville. There was no reason to give him only nine touches (and just six carries) in a game that was close almost the entire way. Not only are Charles and Johnson possessive of similar skill sets, the Chiefs themselves apparently desired to capitalize on their similarities.

Haley revealed before Sunday’s game that assistant head coach Maurice Carthon prepared a tape of Johnson for Charles to watch earlier this season. Doesn't that scream that the Chiefs would like nothing more than for Charles to be just like Johnson? They see the potential in him to produce in a similar manner. Why else bother with the tape? Why bother starting him in Larry Johnson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307530)’s absence if you don’t feel he’s your top back?

But if all that is true, how do you explain Sunday’s game, where Charles was starved for touches despite doing nothing wrong (other than muffing a kickoff return)? It boggles the mind. The Chiefs are desperate for playmakers, give the fastest, most talented running back on their team the start, and then ignore him for large chunks of the game. Even worse, they hand the ball to players with less talent.

Savage and Smith, while they certainly aren’t without talent, don’t even begin to compare to Charles. You can talk about raw timed speed all you want, but even on the field, they haven’t produced in the same manner. The longest play of Savage’s NFL career? Twelve yards. Smith’s career best? Nineteen yards.

Haley’s only explanation for his lack of commitment to the running game Sunday was to offer up a vague and brief statement about the defensive looks the Jaguars were showing Kansas City, citing run blitzes as a reason the Chiefs called 44 passes against 12 runs. But when he turns right around and starts complaining about negative plays, it’s almost hypocritical. Every negative play the Chiefs had Sunday came via the passing game.

Again, in a close contest, why abandon the running game? Even worse, why abandon the playmaker with the most potential? Charles ripped off over 100 yards last year in the only game he was featured, carried the load at Texas as a senior and has stayed healthy this season. He’s ready for more.

Sunday’s game was reminiscent of an era Chiefs fans would just as soon forget. It wasn’t so long ago that Jimmy Raye was calling plays for Kansas City and handing the ball to three backs instead of one – who can forget the plodding ways of Bam Morris and Donnell Bennett? Raye wasted time splitting touches between backs when he should have been handing the ball mostly to Tony Richardson (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4367102), who actually led the entire AFC in yards per touch a year after Morris was dumped from the team and Bennett was dumped to the bench.

Guess which running back is leading the Chiefs in yards per touch this season? The same player who could barely buy a touch in Jacksonville Sunday. At the pace he’s currently on, Charles won’t come close to equaling the numbers he put up as a rookie and complementary piece in Chan Gailey’s 2008 offense, and that’s a shame considering the lack of playmakers in Kansas City. The Chiefs should be wearing Charles out trying to find ways to move the ball on offense.

Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised. All season long, Haley has struggled to find opportunities for Dwayne Bowe to catch the football while Johnson, the NFL’s least productive runner, was fed carries with regularity. Waiver-wire pickups (Lance Long, Bobby Wade, Chris Chambers) become Playmaker Of The Week after skimming Haley’s playbook for a few days. There’s little logic in the way the ball is distributed within Kansas City’s offense.

Charles doesn’t have a Twitter account, so we won’t know if he’s upset over all this. But everyone else who follows the Chiefs is.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <script type="text/javascript"> $("#send-to-blogger").attr("href", "http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.pyra?t=" + escape($('#story-deck').html()) + "&u=" + escape(location.href) + "&n=" + escape($('#story-title').html())); </script> <script type="text/javascript"> var addthis_config = { services_exclude: "twitter,facebook,blogger,email,print" }; var addthis_share = { url: location.href, title: $("#story-title").html(), content: $("#story-deck").html(), templates: { twitter: "RT @ScoutChiefs {{title}} {{url}}" } }; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js?pub=scout"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> var story = {}; $(function() { var $email = $("#email-a-friend-link"); var $window = $("#email-a-friend-window"); $email.overlay(); story.$overlay = $("#overlay"); $email.click(function() { $window.html('<iframe style="width: 600px; height: 625px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="false" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" id="email-a-friend-frame" src="/story/sendtofriend/917639"></iframe>'); story.$iframe = $("#email-a-friend-frame"); }); }); </script> <script> var premiumFlag = 0;*</script>

This is how dumb Todd Haley was. When dipshit fans who mistake Devard Darling for Jerry Rice can see that you're not properly managing your resources as a head coach, you have egg on your face.

JohnnyV13
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Clayton, isn't it great when an article makes you look smart in retrospect?

At least, it makes it easier to forget about Jordon Black.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Clayton, isn't it great when an article makes you look smart in retrospect?

At least, it makes it easier to forget about Jordon Black.

Dipshit fans, indeed. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM

Haley isn't necessarily the guy I would prefer to see shit-canned of the two.

DeezNutz
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Haley isn't necessarily the guy I would prefer to see shit-canned of the two.

When you remove a tree from the ground, ROR, it's bad form to leave a bunch of branches scattered around the yard.

No excuses.

If these motherfuckers fail or prove to be incompetent...carpet. bomb.

Titty Meat
03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
When you remove a tree from the ground, ROR, it's bad form to leave a bunch of branches scattered around the yard.

No excuses.

If these mother****ers fail or prove to be incompetent...carpet. bomb.

Whatchu' know bout tree removal ?

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 03:56 PM

No excuses.

That's what got the Chiefs in trouble 12 years ago.

When Marty went, the rest of it should have been blown out, too.

CoMoChief
03-26-2010, 03:56 PM

The team's in a transition mode. this team has been a 4-3 for a long long time. Now all a sudden new regime comes in and wants to switch to a 3-4. Well we had close to no one that fits that scheme. So KC had to make due while they're making the transition. This draft is important for this team to be competitive in the long run. Were in a good position to take some good talent in this upcoming draft. Alot of 1st rd talent will prob slip into the 2nd rds where we pick.

Personally I think the coaching staff will be better, Haley in particular will be a lot better have learning on the job. Weiss and Crennell will back him up. Theyre coord but they can also be mentors as well. We have some playmakers on offense. This season all hinges on how well Cassel/Oline plays. If they play well, then the Chiefs have a chance of being competitive. Defense needs to improve, still need a NT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM

No excuses.

LMAO Point taken, I'm just saying it's too bad Haley's little red wagon happens to be in Pioli's wagon train.

DeezNutz
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Whatchu' know bout tree removal ?

I own a tree removal company, so I'm allowed to make these analogies.

Intrawebz dudes like yourself can't say shit.

beach tribe
03-26-2010, 04:12 PM

This. The guy is not a moron. Simply a rookie HC.
I'll reserve judgement till after this season.
Firing Chan was the right thing to do IMO.
He and Chan do not share an offensive mindset.
Haley made some mistakes, and hopefully he learned from them.
I'm glad he is our HC.

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 04:17 PM

You and Hog Farmer should team up. You could call the new biz "Hogs and Logs."

"Trees Removed While We Whack Off Your Swine."

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2010, 04:20 PM
You and Hog Farmer should team up. You could call the new biz "Hogs and Logs."

"Trees Removed While We Whack Off Your Swine."

I've noticed most hog farms aren't very abundant in tree life. They also smell like shit. From MILES away.

bevischief
03-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I've noticed most hog farms aren't very abundant in tree life. They also smell like shit. From MILES away.

Who do you got rid of the trees...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Who do you got rid of the trees...

Huh?

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 04:37 PM
piss-ass needs to be used more regularly as a descriptor around here

It could be the new broke-dick.

FAX
03-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I think the new broke-dick is fungi-balls.

At least, that's what I've been told.

FAX

Mecca
03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
All of the "Haley will be better" stuff strikes me the same as the "we'll win 3 more games this year on coaching alone" that was said last year.

FAX
03-26-2010, 06:31 PM
All of the "Haley will be better" stuff strikes me the same as the "we'll win 3 more games this year on coaching alone" that was said last year.

Would you do me a favor and say something positive, Mr. Mecca? I mean, about anything. The weather ... a TV show ... a girl ... anything.

I just want to see if my computer blows up.

FAX

Mecca
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Sometimes reality is not positive, as of today, Todd Haley is probably a worse gameday coach than Herm Edwards, he was that bad.

booger
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I think the new broke-dick is fungi-balls.

At least, that's what I've been told.

FAX

yep, if ya don't take care of the taint acne it could turn into fungi balls or worse yet teste barnacles

Hammock Parties
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Save this one for draft day 2010.

http://i40.tinypic.com/10pyb76.gif

FAX
03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Sometimes reality is not positive, as of today, Todd Haley is probably a worse gameday coach than Herm Edwards, he was that bad.

ROFL

C'mon, man. I know you can do it. I know you can ...

... maybe something about your first pet? Your favorite shirt? Your mom? Anything?

FAX

Psyko Tek
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
April 8th 2028?

It will be a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot will ring out!
A door will slam. The maid will scream.
Suddenly, a pirate ship will appear on the horizon!
While millions of people will be starving, the king will live
in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy will be
growing up.

stolen from charles shulz

Psyko Tek
03-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Admitting a mistake doesn't mean that you learned from it.

The underlying problem is that he seems unable to evaluate and get the ball in the hands of the team's best players

you see there's the problem
some of the teams best players, bowe, dj
just don't seem to care about the game
the show up for some plays and don't work on their faults

they know they will make highlights enough to be considered good
but they don't care to be great

it's heart, work ethic
I dunno

DaneMcCloud
03-26-2010, 11:09 PM

Is it particularly difficult to remove an AIDS tree?

:D

Contrarian
03-27-2010, 12:38 AM
What is the deal with the same few people bitching about this staff all the time? Its been 1 year into a rebuilt staff that is still changing. F'n ridiculous. Pioli is gonna take the blame for last year blah blah blah. Shit the whole organization will, besides it was last year who gives a damn at this stage of the build.

BIG K
03-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Mike Brown is 100% a Haley move.

He called him his favorite player.

Haley should be blamed for leaving Charles to rot on the bench for half the season.

He's not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. However, he has a much better excuse than Pioli - he was a rookie head coach. Pioli was supposedly honing his talent acquisition skills for nigh-on a decade in New England. He was supposed to come out of the box ready to go. Apparently he came without batteries.

I recall someone on this board stating that Mike Brown was a good hire and would supplant the incumbent starter, then bragged about the fact after it happened. Not really sure who that was though.....:)

Hammock Parties
03-27-2010, 01:03 AM
I recall someone on this board stating that Mike Brown was a good hire and would supplant the incumbent starter, then bragged about the fact after it happened. Not really sure who that was though.....:)

The fact that the Chiefs were as dumb as me should be an indictment...

Anyway, Whitlock thought he was a good signing, too. Geniouses think alike...

BIG K
03-27-2010, 01:08 AM
The fact that the Chiefs were as dumb as me should be an indictment...

Anyway, Whitlock thought he was a good signing, too. Geniouses think alike...

Thank you. I will buy that. I deleted your quotes on Brown before I read this post. Kudos to you for owning up to it.....

FAX
03-27-2010, 01:42 AM
On the subject of Charles and his time on the bench whilst our offensive line took turns attempting to insert LJ's helmet in their colons, I'm reminded by Uncle Dick's remarks regarding the late, great LJ and how he will outwork his competition during the week.

Makes me wonder if that's actually true and if that had any impact on the number of starts he got. Some guys, as we know, are great in practice and suck on Sunday ... and vice-versa.

FAX

crispystl
03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't know what to think of Haley, BUT I don't see him as the spineless type lol.