PDA

View Full Version : News Strange Facts By FAX

Pages : [1] 2 3

FAX
10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi everybody. This is FAX.

I've been noticing that Mr. Amnorix has had great success with his "This Day In History" thread deal. My only problem with his thread is that history is ... well ... over and, therefore, pretty useless.

That's why I've decided to create this much more informative and valuable thread right here to share some information with you guys that is both wonderful and strange ... not to mention factual. So settle back and enjoy some of the first of many wonderful and strange facts which you may find wonderful and strange. And, remember guys ... when you meet a hot chick at a bar, laying down some wonderful and strange facts is a great way to break the ice and maybe get her to buy you a free drink or just flat out give you some money for cab fare.

Fact #1: Tom Sawyer was the first novel ever written on a typewriter. OMG!!

Fact #2: A rat can last longer without water than a camel. (However, an Arab cannot ride a rat for very long unless he is a really tiny Arab.)

Fact #3: A snail can have about 25,000 teeth.

Fact #4: In the flim "Star Trek: First Contact" Picard shows Lilly that they are orbiting Earth. In the scene, Australia and Papa New Guinea are clearly visible, but New Zealand is missing!!!!

Fact #5: It is illegal to be a prostitute in Siena, Italy, if your name is Mary.

Fact #6: Lorne Greene had one of his nipples bitten off by an alligator while he was host of Lorne Green's Wild Kingdom!!!

Well, that's all the strange facts for today. Tune in tomorrow ... or some other time ... for more wonderful and strange facts.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry of repost.

Buck
10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Are we allowed to put up strange facts or only you?

KcMizzou
10-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, that's all the strange facts for today. Tune in tomorrow ... or some other time ... for more wonderful and strange facts.

FAX
I think I'm gonna like this.

Fumblerooski
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM

Just start a new thread... That's what all the cool kids are doing.

But the trick is to figure out how to say the same thing, but in a different way.

I suggest your thread be named, Non-readily available truths, by Buck.

stevieray
I can't wait to hear about the screaming Red Barchettas.

tk13
Shouldn't it be "Strange FAX"?

FAX
10-13-2010, 09:47 PM

I'm not sure.

FAX

tk13
10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I know one thing... of only two known Charger fans in captivity, one of them just posted in this thread.

LaChapelle
10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Not the kind of strange we were hoping for
but then again we knew that anyway
but the hope is alive

stevieray
10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I know one thing... of only two known Charger fans in captivity, one of them just posted in this thread.

"just the fax, m'am"

FAX
10-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Shouldn't it be "Strange FAX"?

That's already been done, I'm afraid.

FAX

RJ
10-13-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't find any of those items strange.

I mean, Lorne Greene having his nipple bitten off by an alligator? Who didn't see that one coming?

I'd say this is more like "Predictable Facts by FAX".

Is it just me?

Stanley Nickels
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Sherlock Holmes never said, "Elementary, my dear Watson"

stevieray
10-13-2010, 09:54 PM

FAX
and that's the fax, jack!

tk13
10-13-2010, 09:54 PM

FAX

Well, no one ever rode a rat across the desert with that attitude, I have to say.

FAX
10-13-2010, 09:55 PM

But the trick is to figure out how to say the same thing, but in a different way.

Okay. I guess if Mr. Buck wants to add some facts, that's alright.

But no gay bar facts, okay?

FAX

Pitt Gorilla
10-13-2010, 09:56 PM
I assume most people actually know #1.

Edit: I should add, though, that this fact has been disputed. Some claim a different author, others claim a different book by Twain, IIRC. I don't recall the book, though.

FAX
10-13-2010, 09:56 PM

Not in the books, but in the movies he sure did. Tons of times.

This is a bad fact.

FAX

RustShack
10-13-2010, 09:57 PM

Nope, I'm straight.

FAX
10-13-2010, 10:00 PM

Good God ... Mr. Amnorix doesn't have people coming onto his thread and saying, "I knew that" or "That's old news" or "Why don't you talk about the future?" ...

And he's a Pats fan, for crying out loud ...

Look, Rome wasn't built in a friggin' day ... I'll come up with some totally wonderful and strange facts for this deal ... and it will be way better than Mr. Amnorix's warmed-over, rehashed stuff.

FAX

Frankie
10-13-2010, 10:29 PM

Rick never said, "Play it again Sam."

Frankie
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Good God ... Mr. Amnorix doesn't have people coming onto his thread and saying, "I knew that" or "That's old news" or "Why don't you talk about the future?" ...

Look, Rome wasn't built in a friggin' day ... I'll come up with some totally wonderful and strange facts for this deal ... and it will be way better than Mr. Amnorix's warmed-over, rehashed stuff.

FAX

Now y'all gone and dunnit. You made Mr. FAX lose his legendary cool.

BIG_DADDY
10-13-2010, 10:33 PM

And you never said:
"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"\

"My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

"I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"

"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."

Oh wait.

yhf
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
This may not be a strange fact but I will introduce it nonetheless. Mr. Fax makes King Kong look like a skinny underfed chimp. In short Mr. Fax makes facts. He is the fuckin biggest dick swingin in the intellectual jungle of CP. If he says it's a fact and it's interesting he wins.

FACT.

Stanley Nickels
10-13-2010, 11:10 PM
(redacted, with much shame).

Phobia
10-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Some tattoos have been known to spontaneously combust if you stand to near an operative microwave.

yhf
10-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Some tattoos have been known to spontaneously combust if you stand to near an operative microwave.

Is this a fact or an excerpt from "The Choking Doberman"?

Bugeater
10-13-2010, 11:40 PM
P.T. Barnum didn't say "there's a sucker born every minute".

yhf
10-13-2010, 11:41 PM
P.T. Barnum didn't say "there's a sucker born every minute".

Who did?

Bugeater
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Who did?
http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2010, 12:10 AM
"Pregnant man gives birth." That's a fact.

big nasty kcnut
10-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Did you know that rhubarb is a vegetable. Yet they make Rhubarb pie.

aturnis
10-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Fact #6: Lorne Greene had one of his nipples bitten off by an alligator while he was host of Lorne Green's Wild Kingdom!!!

Fact: When Cory Chapman was little, he didn't think he was supposed to have nipples. So he went in from on the bathroom mirror with a pair of finger nail clippers and cut one off. This proved to be VERY painful, but it had to be even, see. So he went ahead and cut the other one off too. To this day, Cory Chapman doesn't really have nipples, more like nubbles.

True story.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2010, 01:02 AM

Captain Kirk never said "Beam me up, Scotty."

Goldmember
10-14-2010, 01:19 AM

FAX

FAX Will

Goldmember
10-14-2010, 01:21 AM
25,000 teeth??? My God man, we've been missing out on an immense fortune in snail fighting.

yhf
10-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Edison didn't invent the light bulb.

spanky 52
10-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Mr Fax, I look forward to any new facts you can bring us. I already feel much smarter this morning after reading your post.

Hog Rider
10-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Watson never said "No shit Sherlock!"

Amnorix
10-14-2010, 06:49 AM

FAX

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jack
10-14-2010, 07:57 AM

There is no such thing as a vegetable. It is either a root or a fruit.

The word vegetable as invented to help describe donky fans.

After reading some recent posts from a donky fan who I will not name (taco john), this fact came to mind;

Fact # 99:
The word gullible is not in the dictionary.

Radar Chief
10-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Is this a fact or an excerpt from "The Choking Doberman"?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAnz95zzEzk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAnz95zzEzk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gblowfish
10-14-2010, 08:07 AM
There was a band in San Fran called "Lorne Greene's Nipple."

DMAC
10-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Arkansas and Oklahoma sold their souls to the devil a couple hundred years ago, and now are starting to recieve the earthquake punishments for that. True story.

Bob Dole
10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
What had the potential to be a long-lived and entertaining thread, is instead filled with disigerence.

Shameful.

Hydrae
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Did you know that on the day Don Larson pitched a perfect game in the World Series, his wife filed for divorce?

Oh wait, that was already in that stupid history thread. Never mind.

Rain Man
10-14-2010, 09:56 AM
This is a nice thread and all, but I'm hoping we can have one on future history and facts.

FAX
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
This is a nice thread and all, but I'm hoping we can have one on future history and facts.

I was actually thinking about doing that one, Mr. Rain Man, but I went with just plain, wonderful, and strange facts instead.

I do, however, believe with all my heart and soul and groin that a "This Day In The Future" thread would be good ... very good, in fact. I'm not the poster to do the job, though. My vision of the future is dark and filled with nuclear explosions and mechanical beings who live off human slaves. That thread should be started by somebody who sees the future in a happy way.

FAX

FAX
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
What had the potential to be a long-lived and entertaining thread, is instead filled with disigerence.

Shameful.

Utterly, Mr. Bob Dole.

I come with facts and these guys come with "opinion" and "ideas" and "questions" ... weak sauce, if you ask me. And if you do ask, I will reply ... with a damn fact.

Legion are the posters on this board who should thank their lucky damn stars that I am not yet a mod with banning powers.

FAX

teedubya
10-14-2010, 10:38 AM
FACT: Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off. It is undetermined if Matt Cassel can do the same.

Donger
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I think that the electric chair was invented by a dentist.

Frankie
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Watson never said "No shit Sherlock!"

ROFL

Frankie
10-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Shameful.

Fact: Mr. Bob Dole knows big words that even the dictionary does not.

Frankie
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
FACT: Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off.

YIKES!!!!

Never mind...... I didn't catch the word "roaches" in your post the first time I glanced at it.

vailpass
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM

STFU n00b

Bugeater
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
FACT: Cockroaches can live for 9 days after their head has been cut off. It is undetermined if Matt Cassel can do the same.
We all need to write our congressmen and demand appropriation of funds to research this.

Straight, No Chaser
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Either you're an attention whore or you have to much time on your hands for such arcane knowledge

Mr. Plow
10-14-2010, 01:11 PM
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Rain Man
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Fact: Mr. Bob Dole knows big words that even the dictionary does not.

That's a real word. Why are you even questioning whether that's a real word?

4th and Long
10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Fact: A lot of people are trying really hard to hijack a perfectly good thread.

Frankie
10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
That's a real word. Why are you even questioning whether that's a real word?

I'm not questioning it. Dictionary.com is. I was merely excited to learn a new English word.

cdcox
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm not questioning it. Dictionary.com is. I was merely excited to learn a new English word.

FAIL.

Frankie
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
FAIL.

The word was 'Disigerence' and as you see Dictionary.com is calling Fail on you.

cdcox
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
The word was 'Disigerence' and as you see Dictionary.com is calling Fail on you.

FAX
10-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Okey Dokey ... here are your wonderful and strange facts for today. I hope you all enjoy these wonderful and strange facts.

Fact #7: If you strung together all the vaginae of all the women in the world, you would have a very long vagina that would stretch the distance to the moon and back again. (This wonderful and strange fact is based on the average distance from the Earth to the moon and the average length of the average vagina.)

Fact #8: A stiff can get a stiffy!!!! OMG!!! (Occurs when a dead dude dies face-down.) The phenomenon associated with post-mortem erections is referred to as, "Angel Lust".

Fact #9: People photocopying their buttocks are the cause of 23% of all photocopier errors worldwide.

Fact #10: "Teh" means "cool" in Thai. (It is pronounced "tay").

Fact #11: Although only 3% of all animals in the whole, entire world are monogamous, 90% of bird species are monogamous.

Fact #12: Lorne Greene once managed a mail-order announcer's school. One of the school's "pupils" was Leslie Nielsen.

There you have it, kids. Today's wonderful and strange facts. Keep coming back for more wonderful and strange facts at some future time in the future when there will be more wonderful and strange facts right here at "Strange Facts By FAX".

FAX

Demonpenz
10-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Kal Penn is a vegaterian so he had to eat veggie burgers in kumar and white castle

Frankie
10-14-2010, 09:12 PM

Would someone please play the Twilight Zone theme? This is totally spooky. I do believe your post. But I printed the screen from MY search for the word, ON THE SAME F@#%ING SITE!!!!!:eek:

Chiefs=Champions
10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks for teh teh facts fax!

KcMizzou
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Kal Penn is a vegaterian so he had to eat veggie burgers in kumar and white castleWhat!?!?

Next you're gonna tell me Doogie Howser didn't grown up to be a coke snorting poon hound.

Frankie
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Fact #7: If you strung together all the vaginae of all the women in the world, you would have a very long vagina that would stretch the distance to the moon and back again. (This wonderful and strange fact is based on the average distance from the Earth to the moon and the average length of the average vagina.)

As great as you are, Mr. FAX, how can you get all the women in the world to participate? And what happens if just one refuses to participate. Is the Moon mission a failure then

cdcox
10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Would someone please play the Twilight Zone theme? This is totally spooky. I do believe your post. But I printed the screen from MY search for the word, ON THE SAME F@#%ING SITE!!!!!:eek:

What browser and operating system are you using?

Frankie
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Fact #8: A stiff can get a stiffy!!!! OMG!!! (Occurs when a dead dude dies face-down.) The phenomenon associated with post-mortem erections is referred to as, "Angel Lust".
I suppose if a dead man is faced down, all the blood in his boody will pool up in his (now) lower regions and we know what happens when blood rushes into a peepee.

Fact #10: "Teh" means "cool" in Thai. (It is pronounced "tay").

I'm not sure why that is an interesting or strange fact. We have a newscaster in central Iowa whose last name is Cooney, which in Farsi means Fa**ot. (sorry it's a direct translation, so don't shoot the messenger.)

Frankie
10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
What browser and operating system are you using?

Explorer and Widows 7.

Bugeater
10-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Explorer and Widows 7.
Well there's your problem.

kcmaxwell
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM

And tomatoes are a fruit, but i've not seen a tomatoe pie... no idea where im going with that, just throwing it out there!

and thanks for the facts, Fax.

Buehler445
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM

It won't rain tomorrow at my house.

You're welcome.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
10-14-2010, 10:04 PM
And tomatoes are a fruit, but i've not seen a tomatoe pie... no idea where im going with that, just throwing it out there!

One interesting and somewhat strange fact that I ran across whilst doing my in-depth research for "Strange Facts By FAX", Mr. kcmaxwell, is that an amateur botanist from Oregon saw an episode of "The Simpsons" that featured a cross between a tomato and a tobacco plant, so he began to experiment and, eventually, actually created one called a "Tomacco".

Apparently, the two plants are distant cousins in the same family of flowering plants called Solanaceae or nightshade.

Anyhow, he created the Tomacco which looks like a tomato but contains nicotine.

FAX

cdcox
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM

kcmaxwell has led a sheltered life.

Ceej
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Dingleberries are safe to pick.

Frankie
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Well there's your problem.

Please explain.

I used to use Firefox and XP. But my new PC runs W7 and the new explorer has incorporated a lot of Firefox's conveniences.

Frankie
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
One interesting and somewhat strange fact that I ran across whilst doing my in-depth research for "Strange Facts By FAX", Mr. kcmaxwell, is that an amateur botanist from Oregon saw an episode of "The Simpsons" that featured a cross between a tomato and a tobacco plant, so he began to experiment and, eventually, actually created one called a "Tomacco".

Apparently, the two plants are distant cousins in the same family of flowering plants called Solanaceae or nightshade.

FAX

Strange. On the other hand Tobato looks like Tobacco but it's full of anti-oxidents.

Frankie
10-15-2010, 01:35 PM
And tomatoes are a fruit, but i've not seen a tomatoe pie...

Could it because there's no such think as a Tomatoe?

Just sayin'.

Frankie
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Dingleberries are safe to pick.

Do they make good pies?

Rain Man
10-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Please explain.

I used to use Firefox and XP. But my new PC runs W7 and the new explorer has incorporated a lot of Firefox's conveniences.

It may not be loading the latest update of the web site. Disigerent is a fairly new word, but it's out there in common use. It means, "disagreeing primarily for the purpose of being belligerent".

Frankie
10-15-2010, 01:45 PM
It may not be loading the latest update of the web site. Disigerent is a fairly new word, but it's out there in common use. It means, "disagreeing primarily for the purpose of being belligerent".

Thank you sir. My command of English is now SCARY.

And BTW, my apologies to Mr. Bob Dole, if my original post reflected any doubt of his comman of the language.

Pitt Gorilla
10-15-2010, 01:56 PM

FAXNow THAT is what I'm talkin' about. Awesome fact!

Hydrae
10-15-2010, 02:20 PM

FAX

Do you smoke it or put it on a sandwich?

Baby Lee
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
How weird is it that Eva Longoria and Evan Longoria have both risen to fame?

Baby Lee
10-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Strange. On the other hand Tobato looks like Tobacco but it's full of anti-oxidents.

Could it because there's no such think as a Tomatoe?

Just sayin'.
Thank you sir. My command of English is now SCARY.

And BTW, my apologies to Mr. Bob Dole, if my original post reflected any doubt of his comman of the language.

Streak! Streak! Streak!!

Frankie
10-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Streak! Streak! Streak!!

ROFL ROFL Guilty as charged.

You are correct. I can say that I haven't yet gotten used to the feel of my new keyboard but that's only half of the truth. The other half?..... Oh that's right I was multitasking,.... yep,.... That's it.

Buck
11-02-2010, 03:16 AM
FAX probably already posted this, but in order to traverse the Panama Canal from the Atlantic Ocean into the Pacific Ocean, you actually have to travel southeast.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 03:17 AM
FAX probably already posted this, but in order to traverse the Panama Canal from the Atlantic Ocean into the Pacific Ocean, you actually have to travel southeast.

:spock:

Buck
11-02-2010, 03:45 AM
:spock:

What?

You don't find it interesting that you have to travel east to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific?

Rausch
11-02-2010, 03:47 AM
What?

You don't find it interesting that you have to travel east to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific?

Maps: not just mufflers for the wife...

http://www.panamacruisetour.com/PhotosPanama/PanamaMap.jpg

Buck
11-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Maps: not just mufflers for the wife...

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/multimedia/7001

Hmmm...not sure what you mean.

The Republic of China isn't actually China, it's Taiwan.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Hmmm...not sure what you mean.

The Republic of China isn't actually China, it's Taiwan.

Buck
11-02-2010, 03:54 AM
I hope this clears it up for you Rausch

http://i51.tinypic.com/2cegkd4.jpg

Buck
11-02-2010, 03:54 AM

When you first posted that no map was coming up, so it didn't really make sense.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 03:58 AM
When you first posted that no map was coming up, so it didn't really make sense.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how hard it is to link to a good image of Panama...

Buck
11-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah, you'd be surprised how hard it is to link to a good image of Panama...

So I don't get it. This whole time was the :spock: face for "Yeah, no shit" or "wow, I did not know that" or was it "you are dumb Buck," but in actuality I am right.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:03 AM
So I don't get it. This whole time was the :spock: face for "Yeah, no shit" or "wow, I did not know that" or was it "you are dumb Buck," but in actuality I am right.

Let's just roll with that one since it's the safe bet...

Buck
11-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Let's just roll with that one since it's the safe bet...

Idiot.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Idiot.

Really.

You're the fucking only person still on this site, at this hour, and this is the exchange I get.

I could shake the wife and get this...

Buck
11-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Really.

You're the fucking only person still on this site, at this hour, and this is the exchange I get.

I could shake the wife and get this...

I was just joking, duh. I don't think you are an idiot, just sort of dumb.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:17 AM
I was just joking, duh. I don't think you are an idiot, just sort of dumb.

It's cool.

And I don't really think you'll leave after this and call your mom smelling like 50 year old man, Drakkar, and buttseggs with only a $20 bill and a parking pass to account for the evening...

Buck
11-02-2010, 04:19 AM
It's cool.

And I don't really think you'll leave after this and call your mom smelling like 50 year old man, Drakkar, and buttseggs with only a $20 bill and a parking pass to account for the evening...

You are right. I will be doing none of that. All this talk of eggs though is making me hungry. A frittata perhaps...

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:22 AM
You are right. I will be doing none of that. All this talk of eggs though is making me hungry. A frittata perhaps...

Feck.

Now I'm hungry with nothing but Taco Bell or McDonewretched-alls...

Buck
11-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Fuck I need to go to sleep. I've been on the verge the whole night, I just cant actually fall asleep. I think I'll go for some sleepytime tea. Good night.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:33 AM
**** I need to go to sleep. I've been on the verge the whole night, I just cant actually fall asleep. I think I'll go for some sleepytime tea. Good night.

I have some solid recommendations for insomnia cures (in the short term, of course.)

Rausch
11-02-2010, 04:38 AM
/thread

Mr. Plow
11-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Fuck I need to go to sleep. I've been on the verge the whole night, I just cant actually fall asleep. I think I'll go for some sleepytime tea. Good night.

Perhaps getting off the computer at 3:30am would be a good start to getting to sleep......just a thought.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
That was a solid middle of the night exchange. I don't even think either one of you fuckers were drunk! :clap:

Sofa King
11-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Perhaps getting off the computer at 3:30am would be a good start to getting to sleep......just a thought.

He's not an addict, he can quit anytime.

Buck
11-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sofa King
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Well. Any wisdom today Mr. Fax?

Frankie
06-16-2011, 01:38 PM

Shshshshsh!

Quiet, please. He's meditating.

bowener
06-16-2011, 01:50 PM
HOOFHEARTED!

was a horsey.

Frankie
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
HOOFHEARTED!

was a horsey.

Dammit Mr. bowener, now you done broke his meditation!

beach tribe
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
**** I need to go to sleep. I've been on the verge the whole night, I just cant actually fall asleep. I think I'll go for some sleepytime tea. Good night.

You should have thought about the hottest dude you know, and rubbed one out.
Always works for me. Of course I think about girls, but to each his own ya know.

FAX
06-19-2011, 04:45 AM

I'm glad you asked, Mr. Sofa King.

Fact #982: Once upon a time there was this dude called Gorgias of Epirus who was a Greek guy and a rhetorician and a crazy man who would have been credited for inventing the condom had latex been around in 400 BC. Anyhow, here's the fact part right here; Gorgias was born while his mother's funeral was underway!!! The people at the funeral heard a baby's cries emanating from the bier so they looked inside and "LO" and "WHOA" there was a newborn infant right there in the ol' coffin!!! Not only that, (and I know you guys saw this coming), but this is the event that inspired the poem, "A-tisket a-tasket, some rugrat's in the casket."

FAX

bevischief
06-19-2011, 11:28 AM
lol

Frankie
06-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Mr. FAX is back from the mountain.

SDChiefs
06-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Antarctica is the largest driest desert in the world.

pr_capone
06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
The United States has only one Tropical Rain Forest in it's territory. It is located in Luquillo, Puerto Rico and is called El Yunque.

http://www.bkcave.com/PR/1-13/Yunque/IMG_3746.JPG

http://www.bkcave.com/PR/1-13/YunqueA/puerto.rico.el.yunque.10.jpg

HoneyBadger
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Its going to be a long day at work... I could really use some strange facts.

Rasputin
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Nothing rymes with "Orange"

4th and Long
11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Your fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than your toenails.*

*Denotes an assumption contingent upon you actually having fingers and toes.

Rasputin
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
It is against the law to spit on sidewalks in Nashville.

http://www.idiotlaws.com/nashville-has-a-no-spitting-on-sidewalk-law/

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Saturday mail delivery in Canada was eliminated by Canada Post on February 1, 1969!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!

bevischief
There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo!

bevischief
Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!

bevischief
There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants!

bevischief
The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:48 AM
The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!

bevischief
The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye!

bevischief
Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of tea were used as money in Siberia!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other's shoulders!

bevischief
When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!

bevischief
A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!

bevischief
A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!

bevischief
It is estimated that 4 million "junk" telephone calls, phone solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United States!

4th and Long
Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!

bevischief
Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!

bevischief
Almost half the newspapers in the world are published in the United States and Canada!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!

bevischief
Most lipstick contains fish scales!

bevischief
One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of pollen!

bevischief
It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!

bevischief
Damn 15 second rule...

bevischief
No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!

bevischief
Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!

bevischief
There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!

bevischief
Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!

bevischief
A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:57 AM
The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Clinophobia is the fear of beds!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!

bevischief
Porcupines float in water!

bevischief
Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye"!

bevischief
The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches!

bevischief
The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins!

bevischief
The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!

bevischief
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
The sloth (a mammal) moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on its fur!

bevischief
Cat urine glows under a black-light!

bevischief
The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:01 AM
The electric chair was invented by a dentist!

bevischief
Windmills always turn counter-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!

bevischief
A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand!

bevischief
The placement of a donkey's eyes in its head enables it to see all four feet at all times!

bevischief
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside!

bevischief
A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove!

bevischief
Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it's known as Tennessee!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
The Earth weighs around 6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (5,940 billion billion metric tons)!

bevischief
A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!

bevischief
Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!

bevischief
The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
It's against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas!

bevischief
One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television!

bevischief
It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska!

bevischief
you're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:06 AM
The state of Florida is bigger than England!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:07 AM
In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits

bevischief
It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland!

bevischief
Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6 elephants!

bevischief
Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they cant find any food!

bevischief
Dolphins sleep with one eye open!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow down their faces!

bevischief
There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!

bevischief
About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30!

bevischief
A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:10 AM
In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Slugs have 4 noses!

Rasputin
A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!

More facts about lightning.

http://www.nssl.noaa.gov/faq/faq_ltg.php

incredible

bevischief
Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!

bevischief
Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
It was once against the law to slam your car door in a city in Switzerland!

bevischief
There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses

bevischief
Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
The starfish is one of the few animals who can turn it's stomach inside-out

bevischief
Eskimo ice cream is neither icy, or creamy!

bevischief
A jellyfish is 95 percent water!

bevischief
In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:14 AM
The katydid bug hears through holes in its hind legs!

bevischief
company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate!

bevischief
More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world!

bevischief
The elephant is one of the few mammals that can't jump!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
The penguin is the only bird who can swim, but not fly!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
America once issued a 5-cent bill!

bevischief
Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different!

bevischief
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool! He changed it every 2 innings!

bevischief
Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung!

bevischief
A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!

bevischief
Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!

bevischief
1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire a strung across the U.S!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!

bevischief
The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head!

bevischief
In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year

bevischief
In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem Globetrotter."!

bevischief
Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate

bevischief
A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia!

bevischief
There are approximately fifty Bibles sold each minute across the world!

bevischief
Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:22 AM
An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!

bevischief
A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day!

bevischief
Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water!

bevischief
More money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!

bevischief
In 32 years. there are about 1 billion seconds!

bevischief
Rice paper does not have any rice in it!

bevischief
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!