PDA

View Full Version : Arrests at Arrowhead for Chiefs home games....

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 10:52 AM
On the thread about the San Diego fan who got stabbed it was mentioned that 97 arrests were made...someone said that didn't seem like a high amount so...I called some friends at the KCPD and they referred me to the head of security at Arrowhead...

At the Oakland game...5 arrests were made.
At the St Louis game about the same...

The average number of arrests at a home game is between 5 and 10 with the most coming in Monday night games and games against Oakland...big surprise right?

What I really found interesting was that the majority of arrests were for assault...second was for trespassing when they kick someone out of the stadium and they hang around in the parking lot...I would have thought drunk and disorderly would have been #1...

I'd like to know what the league average for arrests are...but then again...that's a stat that the NFL probably doesn't want made too public....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

darkchief
10-31-2000, 10:56 AM
I would guess that the top 3 for arrests made would be:

Raiders
Eagles
Giants/Jets

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 10:59 AM
I would guess that pouring your beer on someone would be considered assault, true or false?

flowergirl
97 is a lot. I stand corrected. They did triple the security and were arresting anyone who even looked lik trouble. They did a good job at keeping things under control.

Now to get REALLY interisting, break that down in arrests per attendance.

Gee lets see, arrowhead 79,000+ & 10 arrests

And lets see, maybe 60,000 at the faiders game, & 97 arrests?

humm don't need a calculator for that one now do we?

Holladay
10-31-2000, 11:05 AM
Morph--
It depends where it is poured . . . if it's in my mouth, I would consider that a favor more than assault . . . unless it was Busch, then yes, it would be. : )

I beleive The Vet in Philly is the only stadium to have a holding cell AND a court room inside the stadium. That should tell you something.

MM
--Thanks God for Arrowhead and it's fans

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 11:09 AM
The Head of Security at Arrowhead is great...he called my back...and gave me the league story about the incident in SD...

There was a stabbing...it was an Oakland fan who stabbed the SD fan...not sure who started it but that SD fans have actually been worse than Oakland fans when it comes to the rivalry between those two teams...

There were not 97 arrests....more like 30 actual arrests and another 30 citations issued...

the league average is about what the Chiefs average...5-10 arrests per game...

and, as would be expected...teams that do not sell out every game are worse because it allows for more opposing fans to walk up and buy tickets...

he also told me that Oakland ticket prices are so high...alot of Oakland fans travel to SD and Seattle because the seats are cheaper and they can actually see their team...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:14 AM
Mark - You didn't seem like a guy that would complain about having a bush anywhere near your mouth.

Morphius
LCD (you might remember that one from math class)

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 11:15 AM
One other note...the security guy said they plan for 1 arrest for each 10,000 people...so at a sold out game...8 arrests wouldn't be unusual...there, I did my homework for the day...

------------------
joe

Devin Vierth
10-31-2000, 11:21 AM
Mark M.

I thought the new home of the Browns had a few holding cells built into the stadium.

I may be mistaken, but I think that is true..

------------------
bk

Holladay
10-31-2000, 11:22 AM
Morph--
Depends on the "bush" http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

And I slept through math . . . but I do get the LCD thing . . . what are you hinting at? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

MM
--I'd rather have a warm bush than a cold bud. (Lacking class, but considering the topic . . . )

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 11:25 AM
Mark - The LCD thing is about the level of the joke, when all else fails shoot for the perverted joke.

Holladay
10-31-2000, 12:13 PM
Morph--
I always shoot for those . . . bigger target.

I'd be interested in seeing an arrest to win ratio . . . losing breeds contempt.<P>