PDA

View Full Version : Raiders thank Chiefs for Good Moon

gh4chiefs
10-31-2000, 01:04 PM
Rison turns out to be a really sweet guy, not at all like the criminal he was in KC. A snippet from the San Francisco Examiner:

The Oakland players can hardly hide their delight in having Rison on their side now. And that's only partially due to his contributions on the field. In the locker room, he's been cheerful and upbeat, the perfect teammate.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/examiner/hotnews/stories/31/Praiders.dtl

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 01:11 PM
Just warn the neighbors not to lend him any money or the local stereo or jewelry stores not to take any checks or the local bars not to let him in and all will be well...

Of course, you still might have some problems with Brock Middlebrook.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 01:15 PM
UD - You appearntly misunderstood something, the players here really got along with him very good as well and seemed to like him. I don't know if you saw it, but last year he was suspended for a game and in support of him all the WR did the spiderman whenever they caught the ball or scored a TD.

His problems occured outside of football.

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-31-2000, 01:16 PM
Wow, I remember seeing an almost identical story in the KCStar 3 years ago about sending a thankyou note to the Packers & Holmgren. I'm sure the GreenBay Gazette had a similar story 4 years ago. I'm sure he is a very nice guy - I don't think anybody except for Pakfan called him a lockerroom cancer. Everyone loves him, he's likeable. That's all great. The truth remains that we have 4 WR with much more talent (note, I didn't say experience) than Andre. More talent & MUCH more upside potential. Goodbye Andre. I'm happy you like Oakland. If you didn't badmouth KC so badly in your departure, I probably would have little disdain for you. Too bad you lack class while you display so much charisma.

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 01:18 PM
Morph, that's a good point...Rison has always been good around football...in fact, if we didn't sign Morris, he still might be here...well, maybe not...but still on the field he is a playa...I really don't care what he does with the Raiders as long as he doesn't do anything too good against us...

Well, if the Raiders make the playoffs, maybe Rison can use some of his playoff money to pay his bad checks...

Phobia, I agree, if he didn't shoot his mouth off about every team that let's him go...he wouldn't burn so many bridges...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 10-31-2000).]

crazy chiefs fan
10-31-2000, 01:19 PM
yeah,he was goody 2 shoes here for awhile,then 1 day Brock showed up and his life changed! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Lurker Brett
10-31-2000, 01:23 PM
UD, glad you like him.

Wait till next year when he shows up at camp looking like Homer Simpson. MMMMmmmm donuts.

Mark M [BornChiefs]
10-31-2000, 01:40 PM
after all the crap he said about KC when he left, I would just assume see him punching out license plates for $.30/hr in the state pen to pay off his checks, just as the raiders fade out of the playoffs.

he is a punk, good luck with him

I'd probably start a collection for his legal funds if I were al davis.

Warrior5
10-31-2000, 02:12 PM
Just for fun http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif...............

Can somebody explain the reasoning behind this quote to me:

"Rison's sunny disposition is a surprise considering that when he arrived in Oakland after the Chiefs cut him, it sounded as if the Raiders had just signed a one-man crime wave. In short order, stories broke that he was being indicted for writing bad checks to pay for jewelry, sued for unpaid child support and facing trial for allegedly stealing a tape recorder."

THEY DID sign somebody who did those things! Didn't somebody post a thread here a few weeks ago that showed that he had 13 outstanding court cases in Missouri alone!?!?

But just cuz he was "wearing a big smile" he's OK?!?!?!

LMAO.

Not to mention this gem:

"He brings an energy and a cockiness that we really needed"

The same energy and cockiness that Mark McMillian brought to SF no doubt!!!

Sorry UD, you can have him with our compliments http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif<BR>

darkchief
10-31-2000, 02:22 PM
Rison's stats in 8 games this year.

24 catches
343 yds
1 TD

Morris's stats in 7 games(6 starts).

26 catches
395 yds
3 TD
0 Arrests

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

DoktorSmith
10-31-2000, 02:27 PM
Rison has 13 civil suits against him in Jackson County Missouri...but a couple of them have been dismissed...out of court settlements?....and some have been closed based on his guilty pleas....his sentencing on one of the theft charge is coming up on Nov 9th I think...

I wonder if Andre looks good in prison orange?....

Cormac...funny what a little smile will do for you....maybe the story was written by his attorney...you know, the old innocent until proven guilty...
------------------
joe

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 10-31-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2000, 02:27 PM
I really enjoyed the CBS Stats page, I was looking for most TD receptions in the NFL, well Tim Brown was right behind DA, but I didn't see another Raider on the list (only shows 25). So I decdied to narrow it down to the AFC only, and guess what, Tim Brown was still the only Raider on the list of top 25 for the AFC that played for the Raiders.

Warrior5
10-31-2000, 02:34 PM
Thanks for clarifying that joe........I couldn't remember the court case situation.

That was just the weirdest attempt at spinning a story I had seen in a while! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Cannibal
10-31-2000, 04:13 PM
Duck,
However anyone wants to paint it, it was time for Rison to go. He is perfect for the Raiders system. Our system was more of a throw it down the field and use speed thing, and our guys had to play. The pickup has been good for the Raiders so far this year. But on our side, we are hardly missing him. Morris is light yeas ahead of where we thought he probably would be at this point before training camp, Derrick Alexander has emerged, and Kevin Lockett proved last week why he is just as good if not better than Rison at this stage in his career. Rison is 4th string on this team in this system. So good move for the Raiders, but we hardly miss him...

Rommel
11-01-2000, 10:58 AM
Tim Brown is the only Raider on the top 25 list because the Raiders have scored the majority of their TDs rushing the ball. I realize that scoring rushing touch-downs is something foreign to Chef fans.<BR>

DoktorSmith
11-01-2000, 11:30 AM
What's a Chef?

Great googly, moogly!

No, what's foreign to us Chiefs fans is how many TDs we've scored in the air, but adding 4 or 5 more this Sunday won't seem foreign at all... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
joe