PDA

View Full Version : Value Chart

Titty Meat
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-4

The value board below is based on considerable feedback from NFL teams and projects the league value of players, pinpointing a specific area where players likely will be drafted. It is important to note that these values do not reflect where PFW thinks the players should be drafted or what type of pros they will become; that is better reflected in PFW's grades.

Each round is divided into three parts: A (early), B (middle) and C (late). Thus, 2B signifies the middle of the second round. Players may be drafted higher or lower based on team needs and fits within certain schemes. The value board may not list the exact number of players in a round as there are actual selections. In some cases, more players are listed than will be drafted, especially in later rounds, because of the very minor difference between late-round draft picks and priority free agents.

Chiefnj2
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Wisniewski - 4th round??

Coogs
04-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Wisniewski - 4th round??

This! And Powe in the 7th was a bit of a surprise as well.

Tribal Warfare
04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Jerrell Powe as a 7th rounder is the one that surprises me

Frosty
04-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Hankerson in the third, when I keep seeing him talked about at the end of the 1st, is a surprise.

Also, they have one of my guys, C Alex Linnenkohl, in the fifth (and he wasn't picked at all in the CP mock draft :) ). They also have Paea in the 1st and Quizz in the 4th (not that anyone cares other than me).

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Casey Matthews in the 5th? Everyone knows he's going to go in the 2nd round.

Bewbies
04-06-2011, 05:18 PM
If this is like that survey that underclassmen get it sure paints a lot different picture of how NFL scouts value prospects compared to how draft junkies do.

Wilson8
04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/06/pfws-exclusive-draft-value-chart-4

The value board below is based on considerable feedback from NFL teams and projects the league value of players, pinpointing a specific area where players likely will be drafted. It is important to note that these values do not reflect where PFW thinks the players should be drafted or what type of pros they will become; that is better reflected in PFW's grades.

Why would an NFL team give profootballweekly their draft board?

I'm not attacking you because it's ProFootballWeekly's stuff, but I just have to wonder where they came up with it.

If an NFL team or scout really gave them some information, it seems that they would skew it away from players that they really want to draft.

It's interesting to look at but I wonder how valid it is.

Wilson8
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I guess they did not like centers - 7th round - Brandon Fusco, Tim Barnes, Jake Kirkpatrick, Colin Baxter, Kristofer O'Dowd

Chiefnj2
04-07-2011, 06:02 AM
I guess they did not like centers - 7th round - Brandon Fusco, Tim Barnes, Jake Kirkpatrick, Colin Baxter, Kristofer O'Dowd

You have to wonder why Barnes wasn't even invited to the combine.

FWIW, Kirkpatrick and O'Dowd aren't stout and were constantly getting driven back in 1 on 1's at the senior bowl practices.

JimBaker48.8
04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
It's surprising how much DE Bowers had dropped ?