PDA

View Full Version : So who is this years Cam Thomas?

Ralphy Boy
04-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Too busy to pay attention to the draft this year and have barely been on the board. Not that I was missed, but somebody fill me in. Who is KC's most wanted?

KCrockaholic
04-16-2011, 01:13 PM
No one in particular actually....At least from what I can tell. There's a variety of guys that could be solid players. There's nobody we're screaming for like Eric Berry.

Dante84
04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
No one in particular actually....At least from what I can tell. There's a variety of guys that could be solid players. There's nobody we're screaming for like Eric Berry.

I'd love to trade back a couple spots and get Muhammed Wilkerson. But I think I'm the only one banging his drum.

I'd be happy with 2-3 other guys in the first.

Chiefshrink
04-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Pouncey is a Pioli type guy

Quesadilla Joe
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Florida OL Mike Pouncey might not be as clean as prospect as some think. Talking with a couple scouts, they said there are some concerns about his knees after his Combine medical report came back.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-7383.html

RealSNR
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
BTW, if we had drafted Cam last year we wouldn't be forced to consider shitty prospects like Phil Taylor this year :banghead:

Tribal Warfare
04-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Stephen Paea in the 1st or tading out into the early second round and selecting him.

Bump
04-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm still hoping that Cam Newton falls to us and we pick him.

milkman
04-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of taking Stephen Paea in the 1st or tading out into the wearly second round and selecting him.

The whispers never cease.

Direckshun
04-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm wondering if anybody remembers that Cam fell to the 5th round and backed up a guy off the street in San Diego.

Titty Meat
04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Powe. Everyone on this board seems to like him but dude is overrated.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Powe. Everyone on this board seems to like him but dude is overrated.

No he is not. He played out of position last year which hurt him but as a junior in the nose tackle role he was a beast.

Titty Meat
04-17-2011, 01:18 AM
No he is not. He played out of position last year which hurt him but as a junior in the nose tackle role he was a beast.

I know you're pretty high on the guy we should make a friendly wager. I think the guy is Frank Okam.

Saccopoo
04-17-2011, 02:19 AM
This dude:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/cfb.preview.all-big.east.team/images/chris-neild.jpg

He eats up blocks like they are warm chocolate chip cookies.

spanky 52
04-17-2011, 05:05 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to taking this guy in the fifth round. Have to think the Chief's will bring Edwards and Smith back for another year if and when FA rolls around.

the Talking Can
04-17-2011, 05:17 AM
this draft barely exists

i have almost no opinion on anyone, and the draft is almost here

weird

Pasta Little Brioni
04-17-2011, 08:41 AM
BTW, if we had drafted Cam last year we wouldn't be forced to consider shitty prospects like Phil Taylor this year :banghead:

What has Cam Thomas done in this league to warrant passing over a highly touted nose? Other than getting his wang slurped on CP all last pre-draft season of course.

OnTheWarpath15
04-17-2011, 09:36 AM
this draft barely exists

i have almost no opinion on anyone, and the draft is almost here

weird

Yep. Same here.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gfiveometer.gif

milkman
04-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Yep. Same here.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gfiveometer.gif

I think that feeling might be generated, in large part, because many feel that it really doesn't matter much who we draft because this team will be held back as long as Cassel remains the starting QB.

the Talking Can
04-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I think that feeling might be generated, in large part, because many feel that it really doesn't matter much who we draft because this team will be held back as long as Cassel remains the starting QB.

speaking for myself, it's just the lack of 1 or 2 obvious candidates to argue about and the holdout and no FA

i mean i have 0 clue who we're interested in...last year it was Berry v Okung

plus i didn't watch as much college football this year, so I'm not as attached to players as i was last year...just a perfect storm

i actually think we're a just a few players away from a solidly built team, the QB is what is...i think he's a waste of time, obviously, but he isn't going anywhere so I hope we can build a good enough team around him

but my interest will turn to 11 on draft day...might even be more fun having no idea what to look for...

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm wondering if anybody remembers that Cam fell to the 5th round and backed up a guy off the street in San Diego.

And has more sacks than Tyson Jackson.

notorious
04-17-2011, 05:35 PM
And has more sacks than Tyson Jackson.

I think my niece has more sacks then Tyson Jackson.

Saccopoo
04-17-2011, 05:56 PM

This dude ain't shitty and potentially could be had in the fifth round:

Chris Nield, NT; West Virginia: 6'2", 319 lbs.

Team Captain
Team MVP
First Team All-Conference
Academic First Team All-Conference
Three Year starter at NT

Under valued because of his lack of overall mass, a la Kyle Williams, but he's a monster in plugging the run and two gapping the center and guard. Never stops. Knows his role at a NT.

I think the guy has a ton of potential under a coach like Crennel.

http://www.kidsportsmagazine.com/PSR/sites/default/files/Senior%20Bowl_Chris%20Neild.jpg

A fan love fest blog on Neild:

Here is why Chris Neild is a leader

How does that go?
You find out how tough someone is when they go through tough times ... something like that.
Anyway, that is close enough – you know what I am trying to say.
Everyone can agree the past few weeks have been tough for this West Virginia University football team, as they have fallen to Syracuse and Connecticut.
One senior, Chris Neild, needs applauded.
You can applaud Neild for going hard on every snap.
You can applaud Neild for running down ballcarriers, rushing quarterbacks or banging away at the interior offensive linemen in front of him.
I'm going to applaud Neild for facing the media music every single time he's been asked to talk.
Yes --- Every. Single. Time.
Immediately after the Syracuse loss, with blood dripping down his nose, Neild was there answering questions.
In the midweek availability between the Syracuse and UConn games, Neild was there, answering questions.
After the UConn game, when within an earshot I heard other seniors tell the WVU Sports Communications staff they didn't want to speak to media members, Neild quietly shook his head in agreement, sat in a chair and tackled every question head on with dignity and candor.
In fairness, there have been others who have spoken to media members through this rough patch (quarterback Geno Smith comes to mind), but there has been no one who has offered the depth, honesty and bluntness that Neild has, especially no other senior.
And to look at this deeper, this is Neild's last shot and he knows it, this two-game losing streak has to be as tough on him as anyone.
Before this season, coach Bill Stewart spoke of his senior leaders; he talked of how this team would be propelled through this schedule largely through their guidance.
In the times when things were going good, there were many seniors willing to talk, hamming it up for the cameras and yapping away with more quotes than we could find room for in our stories.
But, in the rough patches, Neild has been the constant, the one guy who has withstood the media torrent.
You know, Chris Neild has a pretty decent chance to get selected in the NFL Draft after this season for his skills as a nose tackle in a 3-4 defense. I'm certain, in that process, the scouts will speak to the WVU coaches about his on-field abilities as they ponder if they should use a draft pick on this young man.
If those same scouts ever need to ask about how he presents himself to the media, they can feel free to contact me. I'll vouch for the young man in that regard.

Gadzooks
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Phil Taylor is definitely this years Cam.
Apparently, he has some foot problems and is likely to drop. So you guys could pass him by 2 or 3 times and all of the drafterbators will be crying.

SAUTO
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM

That could be some of it. Also the labor situation and the fact that we are picking at 21 rather than top five.

Most people don't want to put their prediction out there on such a crapshoot then have people remember it forever. And I can understand that.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Apparently, he has some foot problems and is likely to drop. So you guys could pass him by 2 or 3 times and all of the drafterbators will be crying.Drafturbators don't cry about shitty players like Phil Taylor

Gadzooks
04-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Drafturbators don't cry about shitty players like Phil Taylor

They were crying about Cam but, (in my best knowmo voice), Cam was just saving his strength for this season where he going to unleash the dogs of hell from his fingertips on every snap. For those who have forgotten about the power of the Cam Thomas, and what he represents, keep one thing in mind, the frequencies in his head are not known to normals, next season, you shall fall, like the others before, to the power of Cam Thomas!!!

milkman
04-17-2011, 08:02 PM
That could be some of it. Also the labor situation and the fact that we are picking at 21 rather than top five.

Most people don't want to put their prediction out there on such a crapshoot then have people remember it forever. And I can understand that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can remember a great deal of interest and discussion when we were picking at 20 in 2006.

There were a lot of people who liked Mathias Kiwanuka, some (most notably mecca) that had a lot of interest in Antonio Cromartie, and many more, including myself, that were really in the Tamba Hali camp.

I think the labor situation does play into it some extent, but I do believe the primary reason lies with Cassel.

SAUTO
04-17-2011, 08:05 PM
I can remember a great deal of interest and discussion when we were picking at 20 in 2006.

There were a lot of people who liked Mathias Kiwanuka, some (most notably mecca) that had a lot of interest in Antonio Cromartie, and many more, including myself, that were really in the Tamba Hali camp.

I think the labor situation does play into it some extent, but I do believe the primary reason lies with Cassel.
Could be I wasn't here then.

I was all about cromartie ftr.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Apparently, he has some foot problems and is likely to drop. So you guys could pass him by 2 or 3 times and all of the drafterbators will be crying.

you should stop trying to be hootie....it makes you look pretty fucking stupid

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Lots of intrest in 2007 when we drafted Bowe as well. It was the WR vs. Joe Staley debate. Which Lil Stupid got his ass beat down.

RealSNR
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Lots of intrest in 2007 when we drafted Bowe as well. It was the WR vs. Joe Staley debate. Which Lil Stupid got his ass beat down.Oh man. Was that the year of Trevor Laws, too?

Good times.

TRR
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Only on Chiefsplanet would posters blame other posters lack of draft interest on their Pro Bowl QB...

Last year, Cam Thomas was a topic of convo, but Jimmy Clausen takes the cake.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
04-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Oh man. Was that the year of Trevor Laws, too?

Good times.

Laws was the year of Dorsey.

findthedumbassdr kept pushing him on us with some bullshit about how he was every bit as good as Dorsey, and we needed Jake Long.

milkman
04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Only on Chiefsplanet would posters blame other posters lack of draft interest on their Pro Bowl QB...

Last year, Cam Thomas was a topic of convo, but Jimmy Clausen takes the cake.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are a lot of people that believe QB is our biggest need, and there's no way we are going to addresss it.

So, yes, Cassel is a reason for that lack of interest.

Gadzooks
04-17-2011, 09:32 PM
you should stop trying to be hootie....it makes you look pretty ****ing stupid

The similarities are uncanny.
Both projected as NTs
Both projected to go late first/ early second
It looks like Taylor will have a similar slide down the draft that Cam had (due to his ****ed up feet).

Many CPer's have been drafterbating to thoughts of Taylor being the stud NT savior who'll anchor your line for the next 8-10 years.

BTW - who's "hootie"?

RealSNR
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
The similarities are uncanny.
Both projected as NTs
Both projected to go late first/ early second
It looks like Taylor will have a similar slide down the draft that Cam had (due to his ****ed up feet).

Many CPer's have been drafterbating to thoughts of Taylor being the stud NT savior who'll anchor your line for the next 8-10 years.

BTW - who's "hootie"?Yo' frickin muthah

Gadzooks
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Why is this such a sore point?:shrug:
Here's a pic of one of Phil Taylor's feet:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/uploadedimages/1/6/2/3/0/7/170396.thumb?d=1274509341
Are you guys upset that the Bolts got Cam Thomas in the 5th?

RealSNR
04-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Why is this such a sore point?:shrug:
Here's a pic of one of Phil Taylor's feet:
http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/uploadedimages/1/6/2/3/0/7/170396.thumb?d=1274509341
Are you guys upset that the Bolts got Cam Thomas in the 5th?I'm more upset about passing on Terrence Cody than missing out on Cam Thomas. Especially considering the worthless gadget player we drafted instead of a big fat immovable anchor crucial to a 3-4 defense

Gadzooks
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm more upset about passing on Terrence Cody than missing out on Cam Thomas. Especially considering the worthless gadget player we drafted instead of a big fat immovable anchor crucial to a 3-4 defense

Gadget player LMAO
I was pissed the Chargers passed on Cody. He seemed to come on at the end of the season. Same as Cam.
Would you be pissed if the Chiefs passed on Taylor if he dropped passed your 2nd, 3rd etc.. ?

RealSNR
04-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Gadget player LMAO
I was pissed the Chargers passed on Cody. He seemed to come on at the end of the season. Same as Cam.
Would you be pissed if the Chiefs passed on Taylor if he dropped passed your 2nd, 3rd etc.. ?I'll be pissed if the draft ends on Saturday and we still haven't drafted a starting NT. There are some damn fine players to be had in the 4th, 5th, and even 6th rounds this year, and if the Chiefs were confident enough in the abilities of those guys, I would be fine with that.

I'd be fine with Phil Taylor with our 2nd rounder if the coaching staff was that damn confident in his abilities to translate to the pros, and if they knew his foot wouldn't be a problem. Personally, I don't believe in Phil Taylor, but I've been wrong about players before. I think he's enough of a reach in the first round that I would be pissed if we took him at 21, considering some of the quality OTs available. Or even *gasp* a QB

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Personally, I'm not believing anything that comes out of the rumor department during this time of the draft season.