PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Tom

Kanel
11-01-2000, 02:19 PM
"Yes, (the Raiders) are a team that could go deep into the playoffs. And once you get to the playoffs, the Raiders will be a team to be reckoned with and certainly a team that has the ability to get to Tampa and the Super Bowl."
— Tom Jackson

thehead
11-01-2000, 02:28 PM
These guys are complete idiots/clowns!!!

That other dork that works there - Mike Tirico - said (paraphrased of course) that there was no way the Chiefs had the firepower to beat the Rams...

Uh - okay

Tom Jackson and Twitlock should get together and rub each other fat asses!!!

------------------
Wade

[This message has been edited by WisChief (edited 11-01-2000).]

Kanel
11-01-2000, 02:39 PM
Back in '95 and '97 when we won the squeakers noone gave us credit. Now they give those 'Ders kudos. BULLS... well, you know.

Of course I guess we did build up to their expectations that year... ho hum...

Herzig
11-01-2000, 03:30 PM
Remember after week three when Denver beat Atlanta to go 2-1? ESPN analysts said they had the inside track on winning the AFC West. Four weeks later, it's Oakland on top and everyone is singing their praises.

If KC wins Sunday, they'll be a game behind Oakland still, but with their remaining schedule and momentum, they'd soon become the leaders. When will the 'experts' learn the NFL season is 16 weeks long?!!!!!

[This message has been edited by donkhater (edited 11-01-2000).]

Duck Dog
11-02-2000, 11:36 PM
November + Raiders = faiders

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dr. Red
11-03-2000, 09:25 AM
I would not say that Oakland has the firepower to go all the way, but they definitely have the balance.

When healthy, their offense is above avg in the running game and slighly above avg. in the pass attack. Their defense has played consistnet all year, with a slight lapse against Denver and a poor 1st half vs. the Colts. Their ST's are above avg. now that Cowski has seemingly stopped drinking before the games.

I think they have as good a shot as anyone in the AFC, but I would not rule out the Chiefs, especially if they solve their running woes. If the Chiefs can gain some sort of running attack, I think they will win the West, and could certainly contend for the right to represent the AFC in the SuperBowl.

This weekend should tell us a lot as to where our playoff hopes will rest.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!