PDA

View Full Version : Music Top 10 rappers of all time?

Pages : 1 [2]

TinyEvel
06-28-2011, 12:56 AM
number one of all time...
the Brand Rapper

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGILqzprrg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jim Jones
06-28-2011, 02:55 AM
my whole point is i can pick basically at random and if you just look at the rap skill it will be higher than jay z

Well, feel free to do it anytime, because those two you posted were shit. Maybe it's just because I'm not into boring underground backpacker hip hop. You talk about crap flow? That Swollen Members song is basically the perfect example. Lyrics were actually interesting, but it's hard to enjoy it when everyone on the track is basically just mumbling over a really boring, mundane beat that a 16-year-old could make in about five minutes. Just awful. I don't have much to say about that other video you posted because I couldn't even get halfway through it.

Are either of those even on the same stratosphere as this?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnyBp4FzzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No.

Jim Jones
06-28-2011, 03:13 AM
To your Drake point, that's just preposterous. Have you ever listened to the man? I admitted that he sings a lot, but that shouldn't be used against him in a negative way. Look at Lil Wayne (Kanye too), his ass is always singing and autotuning, at least Drake is good at it. It seems to me based on his albums and mixtapes, he does about 50-50 rapping and singing, but he always does a great job rapping and most of all he has substance, unlike a lot of other rappers. Drake catches a lot of shit from hardcore rap lovers for singing, but any one of them that isn't hating will give him props for his rapping ability.

I've listened to Drake plenty. My opinion has nothing to do with his singing. It's not like I'm saying the guy is a BAD rapper. I actually enjoy his music - but second best in the game right now? SECOND BEST? He does have relatable lyrics and he picks good beats. He's pretty much got the golden touch when it comes to making a radio hit, but are there any songs of his that I constantly go back and play? Not really, but I won't turn him off if he comes on the radio. I mean, you have him over a guy like Nas, who isn't even listed. That "Nasty" song Nas just dropped -- could Drake ever record a song that good? I mean, is it even conceivable that he would be able to do that? It doesn't make him a bad rapper that he can't. He's fine at what he does, he's just not one of the best alive.

Regarding Drake taking Big Sean's flow, I'm talking about the "one-word punchline" thing he does. Like..

"and your city faded off the brown, Nino,
she insists she got more class, we know!
swimming in the money come and find me, Nemo,
if i was at the club you know I balled, chemo"

Big Sean was doing that about four years ago and Drake picked it up (and has admitted as such in interviews). I don't think the fact that Drake "popularized" it means he's better at it either. It just means he got his break before Big Sean did. And judging from what I've heard of "Finally Famous", I like it a lot more than "Thank Me Later"

ZootedGranny
06-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Cam'ron was doing that dumb hashtag rap shit back in 2003.

C'mon Jim Jones, as a member of Dipset I'd expect you to remember.

Molitoth
06-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I forgot, I was really into 3-6 Mafia during the days of "The End" and "hypnotize camp posse"

Sippin on some sizzurp, sip. sippin on some sip.

NewChief
06-28-2011, 07:59 AM

The only thing I dislike more than that style of lyricism is when they actually rhyme the same word over and over and over.

"So I'm sitting here make some posts.
Just sitting here reading some posts.
Just typing responding to some posts.
People on here think I make the most
Righteous rhyming rapping posts.
So now I'm outtie: ghost."

Kanye does that shit a lot.

blaise
06-28-2011, 08:08 AM
The only thing I dislike more than that style of lyricism is when they actually rhyme the same word over and over and over.

"So I'm sitting here make some posts.
Just sitting here reading some posts.
Just typing responding to some posts.
People on here think I make the most
Righteous rhyming rapping posts.
So now I'm outtie: ghost."

Kanye does that shit a lot.

Yeah, I don't like that either. Especially when a bunch of lines end in y'all.

Dayze
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
my catalogue of rap/rappers is extremely limited. Primarily, my exposure to it was when I was around 13-16yrs (1990-1993-ish) old, hanging out with a buddy of mine. He was always getting new CDs of people I’d never heard of etc. I grew up listening to my brothers' records of Rush, Zeppelin, ACDC, VH, Sabbath, etc. I’m sure there are a ton of rap artsists that I’ve heard at some point, but I can’t recall them from memory today.

The only ones I would still listen to today/stood out to me enough for me to remember them to this day, in no real particular order.

Chuck D (PE)
Ice T
Ice Cube
Snoop
Dre

The Chuck D/PE stuff really brings back the memories; I remember really digging the music/drums/beats/timing etc, and really liked the sound/pace of speech of Chuck D

The Dre stuff, I probably only remember that first album; can’t remember what it’s called. The one that was hugely popular etc. I liked that for much of the same reasons as why I liked Chuck/PE.

I liked Ice T and Cube because it always had sort of an angry vibe (more so than others); I would use it when I was irritated etc..

Snoop was cool, and had a smooth vibe.

Having said all that…it’s been years since I’ve heard any of it. I should probably grab a few from itunes.

Jim Jones
06-28-2011, 11:20 AM

I remember the "two arms up..touchdown!" line, were there any others? I don't even think Cam was really intentionally doing that "hashtag" style of rapping with that line.

SAUTO
06-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Well I left Too Short off not only because he isn't relevant today, he's also not that good of a rapper. There's a reason he's primarily popular in the Bay Area, although a lot of old school listeners remember him from back in the day. I did a quick search and found he has 11 studio albums. Can you name 3 of them without googling? That alone lands him in the list of irrelevance to me, with over 11 albums (including EPs and such) you need to make a bigger splash than the ripples he's made.

And pertaining to my list, those last three were just bleh to me. That's why they're interchangeable. Jeezy thinks he's some kind of street motivator, but he doesn't even stand for anything, Nicki Minaj is the female, less talented version of Lil Wayne, and I can't really ride on Lupe. He's actually an extremely solid lyricist and he's only going to get better now that's he's known.

I understand the Too Shorts, Eazy Es, and Warren Gs carry a hell of a lot of nostalgia to you guys, but the truth is they were all pretty basic. On an all time list I'd put Rakim, Nas, Eminem, Biggie, Snoop, Pac, LL Cool J, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, damn near every member of Bone Thugs and a few others I can't think of right now before I'd put those guys down.

yeah i could name more than 3 without google.

and lol about him not being a good rapper.ROFL
basic is good sometimes.

but hey we can agree to disagree. new vs old i guess.

i see most "rappers" now days as more hip hop.

Ming the Merciless
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Well, feel free to do it anytime, because those two you posted were shit. Maybe it's just because I'm not into boring underground backpacker hip hop. You talk about crap flow? That Swollen Members song is basically the perfect example. Lyrics were actually interesting, but it's hard to enjoy it when everyone on the track is basically just mumbling over a really boring, mundane beat that a 16-year-old could make in about five minutes.

I guess its all perspective because jay z seems like the most boring mumbler of all. The only difference to me is production and marketing...

SAUTO
06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh and lol at short dog just making little "ripples"
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnyBp4FzzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I just dont see it...he sounds half retarded and like he has a lisp or has to practice pronouncing words....To me it just sounds like everything else out there....as a rapper, everyone in my top 10 blows jay z out of the water IMO. There is nothing special about this.....spending money on production and marketing doesnt cover up that this is a piece of shit to me.

Al Bundy
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I had to "lol" at that one... Short Dog and NWA completely blew the door open for rap west of the Hudson river.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I am one of "those" people, huh?

Dude...it's Chiefs Planet...you know the deal (or at least you should)!

Truth is, i was curious to see who the CP braintrust thought were the top 10, but felt like i should post since i was in the thread anyway.

Bottom line....STFU and go visit a soccer or a Glee thread!

Haha

ThaVirus
06-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I've listened to Drake plenty. My opinion has nothing to do with his singing. It's not like I'm saying the guy is a BAD rapper. I actually enjoy his music - but second best in the game right now? SECOND BEST? He does have relatable lyrics and he picks good beats. He's pretty much got the golden touch when it comes to making a radio hit, but are there any songs of his that I constantly go back and play? Not really, but I won't turn him off if he comes on the radio. I mean, you have him over a guy like Nas, who isn't even listed. That "Nasty" song Nas just dropped -- could Drake ever record a song that good? I mean, is it even conceivable that he would be able to do that? It doesn't make him a bad rapper that he can't. He's fine at what he does, he's just not one of the best alive.

Regarding Drake taking Big Sean's flow, I'm talking about the "one-word punchline" thing he does. Like..

"and your city faded off the brown, Nino,
she insists she got more class, we know!
swimming in the money come and find me, Nemo,
if i was at the club you know I balled, chemo"

Big Sean was doing that about four years ago and Drake picked it up (and has admitted as such in interviews). I don't think the fact that Drake "popularized" it means he's better at it either. It just means he got his break before Big Sean did. And judging from what I've heard of "Finally Famous", I like it a lot more than "Thank Me Later"

Dude, I tried to tell you twice now, I was pretty much only diagnosing current, new school rappers. That's why guys like Snoop, Dre, Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast, and Busta were ommitted, because I feel like they're all old school that have carried over into the new school and it's damn near impossible to do an all-time ranking. I'm not saying any of the guys on my list are better than the old timers previously mentioned, this list was just not made for them. Now I had a friend read my list and he basically said I fucked up because my list has inconsistent criteria (he didn't understand why I put Luda on the list when he feels he isn't very relelvant these days). Other than that he was mad that Wiz Khalida didn't break the top ten, but he's a Wiz fiend so his opinion doesn't count.

To your Drake-Big Sean rip off point, I also asked my friend and he said he heard the interview in which apparently Drake admitted to modeling his style after Big Sean. So I'll concede the point that there is something there with that, but it definitely wasn't a rip off and honestly if the punchline thing is all you have I'm going to have to throw that out the window. I feel like I've heard most of Drake's stuff on the market and that's the only time I can recall him using the punchline thing like that. You may be able to find me another example or two but he definitly doesn't use it enough to even make notice of it. Eeeeeeven if you did, you say Big Sean was doing it 4 years ago. Big Sean is 22 now and I saw a rather embarassing video of him when he was 17 years old doing an interview with a local news team. Basically he was talking about sending a positive message in rap and how "most rappers these days use sex to sell to the young kids". They even have a short stint of him rapping in the video and I can assure you he wasn't using that style. Yeah, 22-17= 5 but whatever, I'm going to need a little more evidence for me to agree that Drake ripped off Big Sean's style.. (If you want the link to the video let me know)

ThaVirus
06-28-2011, 07:55 PM
yeah i could name more than 3 without google.

and lol about him not being a good rapper.ROFL
basic is good sometimes.

but hey we can agree to disagree. new vs old i guess.

i see most "rappers" now days as more hip hop.

Well I'm not going to bother quizzing you because that's pointless. I'd be willing to bet that you're in the minority and that most people can't name many of his albums, though. Even if they can, do any of his albums stand out? Have any withstood the tests of time? Are any even remotely considered classics?

For every rapper that I'll tell you is good or great or touches my top 10, I can give you technical and statistical reasons as to why they're good or great or in my top 10. I'll break down their strengths, their weaknesses, and give you quotes from several songs that highlight their greatness. I honestly haven't seen any of that from anyone here about Too Short. All I'm seeing is a bunch of people who liked him when they were growing up.. Well hey, I like Plies but I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's a great rapper or should be showcased on anyone's top 10.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I had to "lol" at that one... Short Dog and NWA completely blew the door open for rap west of the Hudson river.

Maybe this is just my perception, but I wouldn't think Too Short is any more deserving of credit for putting the West Coast on the map than guys like Ice-T, MC Eiht, Rappin 4-Tay, and Warren G. Honestly, they play second fiddle to NWA and 2Pac. Like I said, 11 studio albums and what's that gotten him? Now I just did a quick Google search and couldn't find any information on whether or not any of his CDs were number ones. So since you don't have the statistical backbone to base this debate on I'm going to need something technical to convince me. Give me some quotes that show off Short Dog's lyrical ability. A song where you listen and just can't deny his rapping greatness. I need something more than nostalgia guys...

SAUTO
06-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Well I'm not going to bother quizzing you because that's pointless. I'd be willing to bet that you're in the minority and that most people can't name many of his albums, though. Even if they can, do any of his albums stand out? Have any withstood the tests of time? Are any even remotely considered classics?

For every rapper that I'll tell you is good or great or touches my top 10, I can give you technical and statistical reasons as to why they're good or great or in my top 10. I'll break down their strengths, their weaknesses, and give you quotes from several songs that highlight their greatness. I honestly haven't seen any of that from anyone here about Too Short. All I'm seeing is a bunch of people who liked him when they were growing up.. Well hey, I like Plies but I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's a great rapper or should be showcased on anyone's top 10.

Maybe this is just my perception, but I wouldn't think Too Short is any more deserving of credit for putting the West Coast on the map than guys like Ice-T, MC Eiht, Rappin 4-Tay, and Warren G. Honestly, they play second fiddle to NWA and 2Pac. Like I said, 11 studio albums and what's that gotten him? Now I just did a quick Google search and couldn't find any information on whether or not any of his CDs were number ones. So since you don't have the statistical backbone to base this debate on I'm going to need something technical to convince me. Give me some quotes that show off Short Dog's lyrical ability. A song where you listen and just can't deny his rapping greatness. I need something more than nostalgia guys...

Just listen to his stuff. It speaks for itself.

how many of your ten (twelve actually) actually are relevant enough to throw out eleven albums? how many had a no. one album?

Just spend some time listening. He can flow. He actually rhymes and tells a story.

Rappers back then were real.

I can get behind someone thats got skills and is real,
t.i. ,imo, is one of those guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Just listen to his stuff. It speaks for itself.

how many of your ten (twelve actually) actually are relevant enough to throw out eleven albums? how many had a no. one album?

Just spend some time listening. He can flow. He actually rhymes and tells a story.

Rappers back then were real.

I can get behind someone thats got skills and is real,
t.i. ,imo, is one of those guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. That's pretty much what it's all about anyway, we can argue all day but everyone's different. Shit, check out LL Cool J. He's had more studio albums than Too Short (13 last time I checked) and they've all enjoyed far better success and critical reception than Short Dog's collection, yet he hasn't been listed on anyone here's top 10 list.. To each his own..

SAUTO
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Cool. And I always felt like l.l. was a sell out.

Too commercialized.

Again I would have given more weight to your list had numbers ten been left off and also a guy who (no matter how great he may be) hadn't even released an album iirc.

But we will have to agree to disagree.

You really should spend some time going through his song list sometime.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh and I will also throw out there that I absolutely have always hated the beastie boys.

I know thats sacrilege to some.......lol
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
06-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Too $hort was rapping at a time when rap was like the dubstep of the time. Imagine 20 years from now, if dubstep were a huge commercial success, and someone looks back and says, "Well, you're saying that Bassnectar was important, but I'm not seeing any #1 albums for him."

That's because the genre was freaking fringe at the time. I've got no problem with your list. You prefaced it nicely and explained your reasoning (much like I did my list). That being said, I think that the reason you prefaced it is that you're really not that familiar with the history and heritage of rap music.

It's like you saying, "Well, Blink 187 sold way more albums than the Clash, so they must be better, more talented, and more important to the genre of punk music than them because commercially, they were more successful."

For God's sake, you're putting a guy who hasn't even released a freaking album on your list. Talk about a blip in the radar. Time may prove him to be important, but it hasn't yet.

Al Bundy
06-28-2011, 08:54 PM

I didn't need to look any of them up, mainly because I own them all either on CD or tape. I like Eiht, 4-Tay and Warren G, but none of those 3 are in the same class with Short. Too Short sells out wherever in the world he performs. Go listen to The Ghetto, or Life is Too Short.

KCUnited
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Most new school guys know Too $hort for doing the theme song to Kendra Wilkinson's show more than BTM, Life Is, and Short Dog's In The House.

Al Bundy
06-28-2011, 09:13 PM
ill just put who i like the most out of this whole thing. I mean, i respect that there are great ones out there, but i am going to put ones up that i actually listen to.

1. E-40
2. Brotha Lynch Hung
3. NWA
4. Snoop (his new album is really ****ign good)
5. TuPac
6. C-Bo
7. Mac Dre
8. Andre Nikatina

yeah, i am from Nor Cal.

One dude that died way too early from out there was Seagram. The first time I heard him on that Kool Rock Jay CD back in 92 I thought he was going to be a star.

ThaVirus
06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Cool. And I always felt like l.l. was a sell out.

Too commercialized.

Again I would have given more weight to your list had numbers ten been left off and also a guy who (no matter how great he may be) hadn't even released an album iirc.

But we will have to agree to disagree.

You really should spend some time going through his song list sometime.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'll admit that number 10 was just thrown in there to complete my top 10 list. That's why I listed three, I didn't even care to choose one because none of them matter. Also, I'll try to clarify my ranking a bit more. I was ranking them based on a few different aspects of lyricism (so what are they saying, how do they say it, is their a message or substance or just a bunch of punchlines put together?) and overall music making ability (this includes the sound of their voice, their flow, and I'll have to admit- the beat although I know most rappers don't make their own). My final criteria was relevance. As I've said, it's damn near impossible to make an all time list that shows love to all the guys in raps history. The way I see it you have guys from the old-old school like: Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC, and Rakim; then you've got the gangster rap era guys like: Dre, Cube, Pac, Biggie; then you've got the new school guys like Lil Wayne and Kanye; then you've got guys that have been consistent throughout most of raps history like: Snoop, Nas, Jay-Z, and Outkast; AND on top of all that you've got the underground guys that don't sell a lot but no one doubts have amazing microphone skills like: Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest. How is it possible to make a list that shows them all love? I think it's impossible so I stayed away from that.. I just made this list based on who I think is top 10 if you asked me today. I tried to keep my point of relevance within the last 2 years or so, that's why guys like DMX, Nelly, and 50 Cent didn't make the list, but J.Cole did. Basically anyone on my list would be considered "hot" today (although I've admitted I stretched a bit for Luda) but hotness wasn't the only criteria because if it was then Lil Wayne would undoubtedly be on top and Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean probably would have made the list. I tried to dissect them all in my head based on my criteria (as you can see I left a bried summation for everyone I chose) and made the list from there.

Too $hort was rapping at a time when rap was like the dubstep of the time. Imagine 20 years from now, if dubstep were a huge commercial success, and someone looks back and says, "Well, you're saying that Bassnectar was important, but I'm not seeing any #1 albums for him."

That's because the genre was freaking fringe at the time. I've got no problem with your list. You prefaced it nicely and explained your reasoning (much like I did my list). That being said, I think that the reason you prefaced it is that you're really not that familiar with the history and heritage of rap music.

It's like you saying, "Well, Blink 187 sold way more albums than the Clash, so they must be better, more talented, and more important to the genre of punk music than them because commercially, they were more successful."

For God's sake, you're putting a guy who hasn't even released a freaking album on your list. Talk about a blip in the radar. Time may prove him to be important, but it hasn't yet.

I have to disagree with the notion that I don't really know much about the history of rap. I don't pretend to be all-knowing, but I feel like I've made a legitimate argument as to why Short shouldn't be in the top 10. Yeah, I recognize that he was out when rap, especially gangster rap, was in it's early stages, but that didn't stop some of his peers from having super smash succes. Look at NWA, in the late 80's. Then Cube went solo in the early 90's, Dre dropped The Chronic in 94 I believe, Eazy kept carrying NWA when Cube and Dre left, then Snoop blew up right after that. I just find it hard to believe that Short had all this talent but failed to make the impact that all these others that I've named did. And I may be out of line with this assumption, but I feel like most of you are putting him in your top 10 because he was really cool when you were younger and actually listened to rap, not to mention he was known for being nasty and it was something kind of new..

EDIT: I would also like to note that record sales are not end-all-say-all for me. As I said in my very first post, I wouldn't put Jay-Z on any top 10 list because I think he sucks hardcore floppy cock. It is a point to note though when you're making an argument. I justified putting Drake number 2 over Wayne because I valued his substance over Wayne's popularity..

NewChief
06-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I'll admit that number 10 was just thrown in there to complete my top 10 list. That's why I listed three, I didn't even care to choose one because none of them matter. Also, I'll try to clarify my ranking a bit more. I was ranking them based on a few different aspects of lyricism (so what are they saying, how do they say it, is their a message or substance or just a bunch of punchlines put together?) and overall music making ability (this includes the sound of their voice, their flow, and I'll have to admit- the beat although I know most rappers don't make their own). My final criteria was relevance. As I've said, it's damn near impossible to make an all time list that shows love to all the guys in raps history. The way I see it you have guys from the old-old school like: Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC, and Rakim; then you've got the gangster rap era guys like: Dre, Cube, Pac, Biggie; then you've got the new school guys like Lil Wayne and Kanye; then you've got guys that have been consistent throughout most of raps history like: Snoop, Nas, Jay-Z, and Outkast; AND on top of all that you've got the underground guys that don't sell a lot but no one doubts have amazing microphone skills like: Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest. How is it possible to make a list that shows them all love? I think it's impossible so I stayed away from that.. I just made this list based on who I think is top 10 if you asked me today. I tried to keep my point of relevance within the last 2 years or so, that's why guys like DMX, Nelly, and 50 Cent didn't make the list, but J.Cole did. Basically anyone on my list would be considered "hot" today (although I've admitted I stretched a bit for Luda) but hotness wasn't the only criteria because if it was then Lil Wayne would undoubtedly be on top and Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean probably would have made the list. I tried to dissect them all in my head based on my criteria (as you can see I left a bried summation for everyone I chose) and made the list from there.

I have to disagree with the notion that I don't really know much about the history of rap. I don't pretend to be all-knowing, but I feel like I've made a legitimate argument as to why Short shouldn't be in the top 10. Yeah, I recognize that he was out when rap, especially gangster rap, was in it's early stages, but that didn't stop some of his peers from having super smash succes. Look at NWA, in the late 80's. Then Cube went solo in the early 90's, Dre dropped The Chronic in 94 I believe, Eazy kept carrying NWA when Cube and Dre left, then Snoop blew up right after that. I just find it hard to believe that Short had all this talent but failed to make the impact that all these others that I've named did. And I may be out of line with this assumption, but I feel like most of you are putting him in your top 10 because he was really cool when you were younger and actually listened to rap, not to mention he was known for being nasty and it was something kind of new..

I think that $hort gets so much love in this specific thread because it was about rappers. It wasn't about groups or rap acts. It was about rappers only. $hort had such a distinct style. And yeah..you said it. The bastard was fucking cool and smooth. Just so freaking distinct. And I still listen to rap pretty heavily (probably my 3rd most listened to genre), though I listen to mainly backpacker/underground shit. I teach high school, though, so I get exposed to my share of Wacka Flacka, Wayne, and Rick Ross as well.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh and I will also throw out there that I absolutely have always hated the beastie boys.

I know thats sacrilege to some.......lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too, man. People always look at me like :eek: every time I tell them that.

SAUTO
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Me too, man. People always look at me like :eek: every time I tell them that.

Thank god.
Someone finally agrees with me on that
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
And lol at "younger and actually listened to rap"

I roll a 79 coupe deville on all gold 20s. I listen to rap every. Single. Day.
Old new everything. Every day.

I built so many lowriders I can not even remember. So many systems. Hydraulics. You name it buddy.

I lived the game for most of my life.

Still real too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 05:47 PM

I built so many lowriders I can not even remember. So many systems. Hydraulics. You name it buddy.

Still real too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn, G; I sorta pictured you as a hillbilly.:p:D

SAUTO
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Damn, G; I sorta pictured you as a hillbilly.:p:D

got in trouble, ran. Ended up in the sticks.

No worries. Made everything right and love it here now
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Not enough love in this thread for Mos Def, Ghostface, Raekwon, RZA, MF DOOM, Black Thought, Q Tip, or Lupe. Beastie Boys deserve a nod, too -- they're not the strongest rappers ever, but they are some of the best and most enduring hip-hop artists of all time.

Eminem is top 10 on technical skills alone, even if his last few albums aren't so great.

Nas > Jay-Z and it's not even close

Both Big Boi and Andre belong in the top 10 discussion individually.

Kanye's emcee skills are relatively weak, but they have improved immeasurably since College Dropout. If you rank rappers primarily by quality of discography, he's actually a legit top 10 choice because at least three of his five albums belong on any "Best of All Time" list worth a shit.

Tyler, the Creator is in this conversation 15 years from now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
got in trouble, ran. Ended up in the sticks.

No worries. Made everything right and love it here now
Posted via Mobile Device

Right on.

ThaVirus
06-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Still real too.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was just a general statement. I'd guess the average CPer is in his mid-30s, maybe early 40s. That would make a lot of them teens or still relatively young and impressionable at the time gangster rap got started. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe a lot of the people that posted in this thread only seriously listened to rap as a fad...

SAUTO
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
That was just a general statement. I'd guess the average CPer is in his mid-30s, maybe early 40s. That would make a lot of them teens or still relatively young and impressionable at the time gangster rap got started. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe a lot of the people that posted in this thread only seriously listened to rap as a fad...

That's the problem with generalizations.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
That's the problem with generalizations.
Posted via Mobile Device

So, do you outfit G-mobiles for a bunch of country whities who want to be "down", yo'?

Simply Red
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
10. I've got three surprises at ten. - MC Lyte/Young MC/Chuck-D'

9. Who'd have thought Scholly-D/BIG DADDY KANE - both hold strong @ #9?

8. @ eight - I've got Professor Griff of PE & 'Plug 1' from De La Soul + Mike 'D'

7. Seven belongs to Wyclef Jean & possibly Qtip from Tribe. 'Group Home' maybe 'collectively'

6. Ice Cube take #6 solo - Ok Eazy may apply - but he passed too soon to measure 'entirely.'

5. Rakim K-Solo Lauren Hill and Sheek from 'The LOX' top off the midway pt.

4. Black Moon - He's got the props! Afu Ra could belong here around four - Johhny Blaze.

3. Biggie - RZA - Some Ruff-Ryders may belong here, not sure.

2. Too $hort - GURU

1-1/2. NAS

And at #1 - RUNS' HOUSE!

The old saying - I've forgotten more about hip-hop than most will ever know - has never been more true. I've consitently listned to it Since around '81 or so - The longest break i took from following hip-hop was about six mos. at a time, and there weren't many of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:26 PM
SR is so dope.

Simply Red
06-29-2011, 08:30 PM
SR is so dope.

;) - How are you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:32 PM
;) - How are you?

Better. Much better. Leaving Az. was the best move I could have made.

SAUTO
06-29-2011, 08:32 PM
SR is so dope.

That's for fucking sure. I would cuddle with him all night long for that list
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:34 PM
That's for fucking sure. I would cuddle with him all night long for that list
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Simply Red
06-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Good to hear! Glad you made the move... People never do that anymore, they just usually lay there, all content. Geography matters, so does a change in scenery.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Good to hear! Glad you made the move... People never do that anymore, they just usually lay there, all content. Geography matters, so does a change in scenery.

Aaaaaaaaaaaamen.

Archie F. Swin
06-29-2011, 09:15 PM
... give your opinionated answer. No there's no wrong answer .

this 300 post thread proves that "haters gon hate"

Mama Hip Rockets
06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Just recently discovered this fella named REKS. Very talented. Anybody heard him before?

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oF7AU12LMB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archie F. Swin
06-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Del the funky homosexual

SDChiefs
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM

Done that before and truer words were never spoken. Don't know what's gone on with you but im glad leaving az helped. It did me and my sis as well.

boogblaster
06-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Big Ben
Kobe
Oh ya said rappers .. so sorry ....

Simply Red
06-30-2011, 10:47 AM
seriously tough question though - i could probably generate a few lists, if given the time - It's complicated.I put only about twenty minutes into the first one, But i'll break it down, later on, once i have the time.

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Run DMC
Grand Master Flash
Dana Dane
Slick Rick
Beastie Boys
Tupac
Ice T
Buster Rhymes
LL Cool J
Snoop and Dr Dre
Bob Marley

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
No sense of history...

No LL Cool J.
No NWA.
No Too $hort.
Not even a nod to George Clinton!?!

****ing noobs...

How about Grand Master Flash?

Predarat
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Eminem
Beastie Boys
Edge of Etiquette
MC Chris
Haystak
Apathy
Vanilla Ice
Mac Lethal
Insane Clown Posse
Bubba Sparxxx

Thig Lyfe
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Big Ben
Kobe
Oh ya said rappers .. so sorry ....

YOUR JOKE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

gblowfish
06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
No love for Doug E. Fresh?
Harrrumph....
I'm outta here.
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYHm-B0tnCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Urc Burry
06-30-2011, 02:41 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jPyzniwnbdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 11:08 AM
There's something here -- >> http://tinyurl.com/3wpyuca

Not sure if he is in the ten - but close.

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I downloaded this today -- >> http://tinyurl.com/d44eo9

KMD and others from that whole Nice-n-Smooth posse, possibly belong

Pants
07-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Holy shit, Pawntard just went up 17 notches in my book. You're a ****ing idiot in general, but you have the best list by far.

Are you familiar with Push Button Objects? That was a great rap project. Deltron 3030 is in my top 3 albums of all time so as soon as I saw you had Del at #1, I knew you weren't a complete fucking tool.

Doseone should be on that list too, IMO. His skill is formidable.

Gadzooks
07-02-2011, 01:54 PM
1. Ice Cube
2. Chuck D
3. Joseph "Run" Simmons, Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels – tie
5. Damon Wimbley a.k.a. "Kool Rock-Ski" (Fat Boys)
6. Snoop Doggy Dog
7. LL Cool J
8. Sen Dog (Cypress Hill)
9. Method Man
10. Vanilla Ice (needed a white guy so y'all know I ain't racist)

Brock
07-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Holy shit, Pawntard just went up 17 notches in my book. You're a ****ing idiot in general, but you have the best list by far.

Are you familiar with Push Button Objects? That was a great rap project. Deltron 3030 is in my top 3 albums of all time so as soon as I saw you had Del at #1, I knew you weren't a complete fucking tool.

Doseone should be on that list too, IMO. His skill is formidable.

PBO was pretty interesting.

FlaChief58
07-03-2011, 10:54 AM

In that order

Brock
07-03-2011, 11:05 AM

In that order

Great post, shit for brains.

Simply Red
07-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Great post, shit for brains.

ROFL

Simply Red
07-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't think Havoc belongs in the top ten, maybe top twenty - but perhaps the roots lead mc should be there - I'm not remembering his name..

NewChief
07-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't think Havoc belongs in the top ten, maybe top twenty - but perhaps the roots lead mc should be there - I'm not remembering his name..

Black Thought.

Titty Meat
07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
dead presidents = garbage

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/487W_vBeGFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crap song. No flow, feeling or heart....just marketed garbage that bustas like you pay for on itunes.

Everyone on my list has better songs than that. Hell i can throw up a couple white kids that arent slim shady that can rap better...sad if you really think jay z is good

2 good songs better than anything jay z ever dreamed of

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kn1hf2CKzWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YAde2kIwXac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ill keep ****ing going

Holy shit . Dead Presidents is 1 of the greatest hip hop songs EVER.

Al Bundy
07-03-2011, 12:41 PM

In that order

Haven't seen that post in this thread. Fuckstick.

Simply Red
07-03-2011, 12:44 PM
That poster needs to wear his red like the scarlet letter.

Spicy McHaggis
07-03-2011, 12:45 PM
3:) 2 Skinnie J's

That's it. I'm breaking out some Supermercado this weekend.

Thig Lyfe
07-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Kreayshawn is probably the consensus #1.

kcxiv
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Kreayshawn is probably the consensus #1.

Let Kreayshawn to her thing. She gets paid, then more power to her. lol I cant hate on that!

Chiefaholic
07-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I couldn't name 10 rappers much less consider it musical entertainment.

kcxiv
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM

ok?

Thig Lyfe
07-03-2011, 03:44 PM

COOL OPINION BRO

Brock
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Thanks for sharing. Idiot.

Titty Meat
07-03-2011, 04:47 PM

Lawlz

Pants
07-03-2011, 06:30 PM

LMAO

NewChief
07-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Let Kreayshawn to her thing. She gets paid, then more power to her. lol I cant hate on that!

Exactly. One of the things I like about rap is that some little goofy pot-smoking, bisexual white girl can build herself a niche in it.

kcxiv
07-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Exactly. One of the things I like about rap is that some little goofy pot-smoking, bisexual white girl can build herself a niche in it.

I am sure it beats doing the 9-5 thing. I just cant hate on that, even if i dont like what he/she does, but its kinda catchy haha

Chiefaholic
07-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Predictable response. Cocksmoke.

Brock
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Predictable response. Cocksmoke.

Almost as predictable as some old, boring fuck coming into a thread about a subject he doesn't like and going "OH HAI GUYZ RAP SUCKS". Fucking dumbshit.

Al Bundy
07-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Great post... pickle kisser.

Al Bundy
07-03-2011, 09:32 PM

I've never heard of that bitch.

kcxiv
07-04-2011, 04:18 AM
I've never heard of that bitch.

She's a little white pot smoking hipster chick from the Bay Area. She's getting paid right now.

Al Bundy
07-04-2011, 08:55 AM
She's a little white pot smoking hipster chick from the Bay Area. She's getting paid right now.

I went and listened to her and uhhhhh I'm not sure how she is getting paid. It was atrocious.

kcxiv
07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I went and listened to her and uhhhhh I'm not sure how she is getting paid. It was atrocious.

me either, but hey, if she can get paid, go for it. She just did a song with Snoop haha

Al Bundy
07-04-2011, 10:04 AM
me either, but hey, if she can get paid, go for it. She just did a song with Snoop haha

Yup, not going to hate on her.

SPATCH
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

hot fire

Pablo
07-04-2011, 10:20 AM
U can't half crap without... Well u no the joke. Lol

whoman69
07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
none of the above

Simply Red
07-07-2011, 07:01 PM
just bought Illadelph Halflife. I literally wore that cd out in 96. I plan to again!

sportsman1
07-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Smell yo D and Omaha Nebraska are my nominations

LOCOChief
07-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Humpty

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Humpty

:thumb:

"Give me some of that bass line right here"!

"A buwwwwwww-weeeee, buwwwww-woop,

A buwwwwwww-weeeee, buwwwww-woop; awww yeah"!!!!

Simply Red
06-24-2012, 11:54 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-YU9sefKFrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tmw4h5
06-25-2012, 02:12 AM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

hot fire

Really, the only correct post.

But, here's my failboat:

1. Sage Francis
1. Atmosphere
1. Immortal Technique
1. Jay-Z
1. Talib Kweli
1. GZA
1. Ice Cube
1. Eazy-E
1. Snoop Dogg
1. Chuck D

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Andre 3000
Jay-z
Nas
(Older)Eminem I hate his new shit
Lupe Fiasco
Rakim
Phonte
Talib Kweli
Biggie
Lauren Hill

In58men
06-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Jay-z
Nas
(Older)Eminem I hate his new shit
Rakim
Phonte
Talib Kweli
Biggie
Mos Def
Kanye
Drake

You don't even have 2 pac on your list? ROFL

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 07:20 AM
You don't even have 2 pac on your list? ROFL

I never fallen into the whole "Tupac is a great rapper because he's dead bs"
Tupac was real and poured his heart into it, but he was not as good of a lyricist as anyone on my list. Which is still being updated.

Kyle DeLexus
06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
I never fallen into the whole "Tupac is a great rapper because he's dead bs"
Tupac was real and poured his heart into it, but he was not as good of a lyricist as anyone on my list. Which is still being updated.

Did you see Coachella? Tupac is better dead than half your list is alive.

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Did you see Coachella? Tupac is better dead than half your list is alive.

I rate rappers by lyrical ability. Tupac is not/was not a lyricist.

Al Bundy
06-25-2012, 08:03 AM
One name that is left off the list is The D.O.C. He would have been an all time great except for the auto accident.

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Mc Hammer

End of list.

U can't touch him.

Micjones
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Jay-Z
Notorious B.I.G.
LL Cool J
Ice Cube
Scarface
2pac
Eminem
Nas
Rakim
KRS-One

This list is pretty definitive.
You could make a case for Big Daddy Kane, but I'm not sure who he'd replace.

Kidd Lex
06-25-2012, 09:42 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s8cbak34DR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy. Karmin. 53 second mark. Thank me later.

TheLampshade
06-25-2012, 09:47 AM
No love for El P on this board?

Can't post links so...

youtube.com/watch?v=51YRP8-8ZSs

youtube.com/watch?v=umua_0yYvTE

No particular order from this newbie:

EL P
Aesop Rock
Guru
Rakim
Method Man
BusDriver
Mos Def
Big L

Of the HEAVILY commercial:
Jay Z
Eminem
Tupac
Biggie

luv
06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I have no clue, if I posted in here, what I posted last year, so here's the current list I came up with. They may not be the popular top 10, but they're definitely mine.

In no particular order...

2pac
Notorious B.I.G.
Eminem
Snoop Dog
Ludacris
Eazy-E
Ice Cube
Ice T
Lil' Kim
Salt-n-Pepa (yes, I'm an old skool female...lol)

Honorable mention goes to Dr. Dre. Definitely not a bad rapper, but I like him more for his producing.

NewChief
06-25-2012, 10:13 AM
No love for El P on this board?

Can't post links so...

youtube.com/watch?v=51YRP8-8ZSs

youtube.com/watch?v=umua_0yYvTE

No particular order from this newbie:

EL P
Aesop Rock
Guru
Rakim
Method Man
BusDriver
Mos Def
Big L

Of the HEAVILY commercial:
Jay Z
Eminem
Tupac
Biggie

Love El-P's production. Not in love with his flow.

MOhillbilly
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s8cbak34DR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy. Karmin. 53 second mark. Thank me later.

Fuckin super queer.

stevieray
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
Sonny Boy Willamson
Willie Dixon
"Gatemouth" Brown
Huddie Ledbetter
Cootie Stark
Pinetop Perkins
Taj Mahal
Buddy Guy
B.B. King

Phobia
06-25-2012, 10:30 AM
There is no top 10 rappers for me. I don't recognize 98% of the names in this thread, mostly because it's all very confusing to me. Why are all these people named Big, Lil, Fat, and then an initial? I don't understand any of it. Why can't they just have a normal name like everybody else?

Sanka
06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Nas
AZ
2pac
Big L
Raekwon
Ghostface
Redman
Method Man
Joe Budden
Ice Cube
Eminem
Beanie Sigel

BoneKrusher
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
There is no top 10 rappers for me. I don't recognize 98% of the names in this thread, mostly because it's all very confusing to me. Why are all these people named Big, Lil, Fat, and then an initial? I don't understand any of it. Why can't they just have a normal name like everybody else?

Same Here.
i just cant get into a form of music that consist of Black or White guys talking with an artificial drum beat.

Kyle DeLexus
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM

Why you gotta be so negative? When I used to rap my name was lowercase y.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
why does this thread have a music category prefix on it?

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 10:46 AM

Not understanding a genre does not mean that it is not music.

luv
06-25-2012, 10:48 AM

If I can dance to it, it's music.

Mr. Laz
06-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Not understanding a genre does not mean that it is not music.
LMAO

Mr. Laz
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
If I can dance to it, it's music.
so clubbing baby seals is music as long i swing in rhythm?

luv
06-25-2012, 10:55 AM
so clubbing baby seals is music as long i swing in rhythm?

I get that you don't like it, but you're comparing "talking" to music to clubbing baby seals?

Mr. Laz
06-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I get that you don't like it, but you're comparing "talking" to music to clubbing baby seals?
nah ... i'm comparing clubbing baby seals to your comment about dancing to something.

:moon:

*bows out of his thread trolling*

luv
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM
:moon:

*puckering up* :p

ThaVirus
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
One name that is left off the list is The D.O.C. He would have been an all time great except for the auto accident.

I used to jam the hell out of No One Can Do It Better. He had a song in there called The Formula. Such a smooth jam.

ThatRaceCardGuy
06-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Same Here.
i just cant get into a form of music that consist of Black or White guys talking with an artificial drum beat.

Why even post, other than to troll and talk shit? If you don't like rap that's cool...but we don't need nor care to know.why you dislike it....troll some where else

Phobia
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Why even post, other than to troll and talk shit? If you don't like rap that's cool...but we don't need nor care to know.why you dislike it....troll some where else

Mostly because we are on a discussion forum where things are discussed. For that matter, I don't really need to hear why you don't like that I posted that I don't like rap if you don't approve of my post stating I don't like rap. Why even post a response to my post?

ThatRaceCardGuy
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Mostly because we are on a discussion forum where things are discussed. For that matter, I don't really need to hear why you don't like that I posted that I don't like rap if you don't approve of my post stating I don't like rap. Why even post a response to my post?

ThatRaceCardGuy
06-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Ice Cube
Bun B
Scarface
E 40
Andre 3000
Chuck D
Jay Z
2Pac
Biggie
Kam

Phobia
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Agreed.

Al Bundy
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't get why people come into a music thread on music they just don't like. I stayed the fuck out of the country thread because I think all country is crap.

SAUTO
06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't get why people come into a music thread on music they just don't like. I stayed the fuck out of the country thread because I think all country is crap.

ironic post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebolapox
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Redman
Jay-Z
Tupac
Biggie
Andre 3000
jadakiss
kurupt
nas
eminem

Titty Meat
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Big
Rakim
Run DMC
Jayz
Nas
Wu tang
Mobb deep
Pun
2pac
Outkast

Titty Meat
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM

We get it black people scare you.

Daru
06-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Tupac and its not even close. In India in alot of the poorest spots there isnt murals of Rakim or Eminem or Jay Z but instead there is murals of Tupac. Yes the greatest by far way to move people its noticed now Pac greatest in forever times.

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Tupac and its not even close. In India in alot of the poorest spots there isnt murals of Rakim or Eminem or Jay Z but instead there is murals of Tupac. Yes the greatest by far way to move people its noticed now Pac greatest in forever times.

How you doing there?

Not really getting what you are trying to say, however, I dare say my choice will not be made by Indians. They don't know what he's trying to say anyway. The proof is in a simple tech phone call to your internet provider.

KC native
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM

Um.......false

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W6hjEJWXtUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
06-25-2012, 11:01 PM
i don't like tupac, never did, his mystique is extremely over-rated. And he didn't have the sound that i wanted the whole world to hear.

-King-
06-25-2012, 11:07 PM

Yeah, because rap artists are the only people to use stage names.

Kyle DeLexus
06-25-2012, 11:11 PM

ROFL This is absolutely not true.

durtyrute
06-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Um.......false

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W6hjEJWXtUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You guys can put up as many videos as you like. Tupac was not a lyricist. He said real stuff, no doubt, but he rarely said anything clever he rarely said anything that you didn't see coming. He rarely said anything that made you think, "wow, how did he rhyme that with that." I never fell for the hype. My top ten does not include Tupac. Hell, my top twenty doesn't include Tupac.

I know it's Hip Hop blasphemy, but I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

Rausch
06-26-2012, 07:30 AM
No Too Short?

Fuck this poll...

Ebolapox
06-26-2012, 07:36 AM
No Too Short?

**** this poll...

he's too busy pimping these bitches on the boulevard.

Saulbadguy
06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Mystikal, Busta Rhymes, Twista, 2pac, Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Juvenile, Lil Wayne, Trina

KCUnited
06-26-2012, 07:39 AM
No Too Short?

**** this poll...

The guy modified and rearranged the same 12 lines over 20 albums.

Rausch
06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
he's too busy pimping these bitches on the boulevard.

True 'dat.

I liked rap when "Shorty" meant Bushwick Bill...

kysirsoze
06-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Jay-Z #2 over Biggie (And about 20 other rappers)

LMAO

Mama Hip Rockets
06-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Tupac was completely terrible.

Micjones
06-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Tupac was completely terrible.

That can certainly be argued.
His impact, his catalog, his influence? Cannot.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 07:57 AM
No Too Short?

Fuck this poll...

too lazy to look but i'm PRETTY sure i had this argument when this thread was started

ThatRaceCardGuy
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
too lazy to look but i'm PRETTY sure i had this argument when this thread was started

I wanted to put Too Short on my list...but Kam's "Peace Treaty" edged it out...short geta honarable mention

jspchief
06-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm sure my sample size is small and dated, but here's my list. In no particular order.

Eminem
Tupac
Jayz
Dre
Mase
Snoop
Luda

I can't really think of any others that left an impression beyond a single song or two.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Just because you're fucking Beyonce does NOT mean you have talent.

durtyrute
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't think you get to where he's at by fucking some pretty biotch.

You have to sell your soul, man./in my chong voice

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't think you get to where he's at by fucking some pretty biotch.

You have to sell your soul, man./in my chong voice

If anyone went to the crossroads, that sack of mule dung did.

whoman69
06-26-2012, 03:14 PM
N/A

mdchiefsfan
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I know the top five:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9lg6HqJeY0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native
06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
You guys can put up as many videos as you like. Tupac was not a lyricist. He said real stuff, no doubt, but he rarely said anything clever he rarely said anything that you didn't see coming. He rarely said anything that made you think, "wow, how did he rhyme that with that." I never fell for the hype. My top ten does not include Tupac. Hell, my top twenty doesn't include Tupac.

I know it's Hip Hop blasphemy, but I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

Lyricism is more than punchlines or clever metaphors. The alliteration in If I Die Tonight is a superb example of lyricism.

I'm not saying Pac is even top 5, but the man had talent and was most definitely a lyricist. It's not his fault everyone in the suburbs didn't know he had a catalog before All Eyes on Me.

LiL stumppy
06-26-2012, 09:27 PM

i don't like tupac, never did, his mystique is extremely over-rated. And he didn't have the sound that i wanted the whole world to hear.

While I respect you don't like Pac, and to each their own... But he was, by any means over-rated in any way.

Dayze
06-30-2012, 02:00 AM
I know the top five:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9lg6HqJeY0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I rip when I rhyme; I rhryme when rip.

You're too close man.

Archie F. Swin
06-30-2012, 06:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwUX4cSwrRk

guy with the dreds is at least #9