PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 6: Dartgod vs. KurtCobain (aka SlimShady)

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Dartgod:

Barrett .50 Cal*with 75 bullets

No backup knife

64 seconds to prepare

KurtCobain:

Spas-12 shotgun with silencer

Backup bowie knife

30 seconds to prepare

Venue:

A 5-mile by 5-mile hellish volcanically active rock field with lava flows and geysers randomly erupting without warning (Starting distance: 5 miles)

MIAdragon
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
The distance did it, the 50 cal all day long.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Dartgod, due to the range

Bugeater
07-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Dartgod takes one step and falls into a lava flow. Joey wins without firing a shot.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
The distance did it, the 50 cal all day long.

Yeah, pretty much. dartgod drew the perfect weapon for the conditions.

Kurt's only chance is if the rocks are big enough and common enough to shield him, and if he can make dartgod waste his bullets. The pressure is on dartgod to make count the three or four bursts he has. However, I don't think a typical hellish lava field will have a lot of big rocks to hide behind, and I think dartgod will figure out the aim pretty quick.

07-02-2011, 02:40 PM
.50 cal vs a shotgun in a 5mile by 5 mile arena.

See Slim

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 04:48 PM
You guys are high. I have a perfect shot with a shotgun and on this course, it's all me. I'm great in the heat, work in it all the time. And I'm pretty sure I'm waaay faster than Dartgod and we're starting 5 miles apart. Also I'm very elusive.\

I'm getting screwed here.

Hammock Parties
07-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I am willing to bet that there is absolutely zero favorable position to set up a sniper's perch with that huge .50 cal, and good luck firing that thing accurately from the hip.

The terrain VASTLY favors the man with the more mobile weapon. Dartgod can't afford to set up anywhere with the lava erupting the way it is.

Dartgod frantically shoots wildly from the hip as Cobain moves in closer and closer for the eventual kill.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 04:54 PM
damnit, my picture posting skills are lacking

Hammock Parties
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Also, if a random lava explosion dumps a bunch of lava on the end of Dartgod's long barrel, he's screwed.

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah, pretty much. dartgod drew the perfect weapon for the conditions.

Kurt's only chance is if the rocks are big enough and common enough to shield him, and if he can make dartgod waste his bullets. The pressure is on dartgod to make count the three or four bursts he has. However, I don't think a typical hellish lava field will have a lot of big rocks to hide behind, and I think dartgod will figure out the aim pretty quick.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dartgod a hefty guy? Who's going to be more ready for a gun fight after walking 2 and a half miles through a lava field. He'd have a heat stroke before hhe even got to me.

You guys have to read and think before you vote.

By time we'd meet for our showdown he would be completely exhausted. Don't matter what gun you have if you're bent over panting when I find you.

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Not even to mention the last time Kurt Cobain shot a shotgun, he got the kill.

Hammock Parties
07-02-2011, 04:58 PM
And lets be honest here, how many civilians can properly handle a .50 cal with 1 minute preparation time?

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Dartgod doesn't have to move quickly. All he has to do is move and wait, move and wait until he gets Kurt within range. Distance is his friend.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Not even to mention the last time Kurt Cobain shot a shotgun, he got the kill.

Well, that's an excellent point.

ROFL

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Dartgod doesn't have to move quickly. All he has to do is move and wait, move and wait until he gets Kurt within range. Distance is his friend.

Nothing like standing still in a lava field.

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 05:02 PM
And if he sprays like crazy and doesn't get the kill, which is highly likely, and I fuck up with the shotgun, which is highly unlikely, I got the knife to finish the job.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 05:02 PM
And lets be honest here, how many civilians can properly handle a .50 cal with 1 minute preparation time?

It's a gun, it isn't like it takes a brain surgeon to figure out how to work the fricking thing. Pointy end down range, pull trigger, try again after you figure out there's not nearly the amount of recoil you expected from it, repeat until your target no longer appears in your scope.

Old Dog
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
The pressure is on dartgod to make count the three or four bursts he has

And if he sprays like crazy ..........

Point of order gents. This isn't a machine gun. It's a semi-automatic that has a ten round magazine.

Rain Man
07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Point of order gents. This isn't a machine gun. It's a semi-automatic that has a ten round magazine.

Oh, it's not? I thought it was. In that case, Kurt is totally screwed.

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Guess I lose.

Dartgod :

Hey, just remember.. I blew my brains out 17 years before you did.

Dartgod
07-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dartgod a hefty guy? Who's going to be more ready for a gun fight after walking 2 and a half miles through a lava field. He'd have a heat stroke before hhe even got to me.

You guys have to read and think before you vote.

By time we'd meet for our showdown he would be completely exhausted. Don't matter what gun you have if you're bent over panting when I find you.
I'm big boned, dammit!

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm big boned, dammit!

Good luck in the later rounds bud. Hopefully you don't get a squirt gun full of pee.

listopencil
07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Good luck in the later rounds bud. Hopefully you don't get a squirt gun full of pee.

Welcome to zombie rematch round.

spida_man23
07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
man hes dead

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 09:02 PM
If he was just standing there waiting for me, a lava geyser would get him.

You guys make no sense.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I see KurtCobain as being nearly impossible to kill no matter what the weaponry or environment is... so I go with him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-02-2011, 09:09 PM

You guys make no sense.

Thank you for going back to KurtCobain, KurtCobain

KurtCobain
07-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Honestly I'm shocked at the blowout. The environment is 100% me. I'm young fast and can handle heat and I have a pretty damn good weapon as well.

Simply Red
07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Honestly I'm shocked at the blowout. The environment is 100% me. I'm young fast and can handle heat and I have a pretty damn good weapon as well.

sorry for your loss

Dartgod
07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I killed you while you were busy whining.

MagicHef
07-02-2011, 09:50 PM

You guys make no sense.

If the lava geysers are random, you are equally likely to be hit by one if you are standing still or are moving. Standing in one spot makes it no more likely to be hit by one.

MIAdragon
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
If the lava geysers are random, you are equally likely to be hit by one if you are standing still or are moving. Standing in one spot makes it no more likely to be hit by one.

Don't be all logical and shit.

Bump
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm saying Kurt Cobain, not everyone is an accurate sniper and Kurt Cobain stays moving and never gets his and gets close enough to fuck him up with the shotgun.

cdcox
07-02-2011, 11:37 PM

Actually, when someone is sprinting they tend to lean forward. Therefore a rapidly moving target is likely to present a larger horizontal projection of his/her body than when the same individual is standing perfectly up right. Therefore, the moving target is actually more likely to get zapped by a random lava gusher than someone standing perfectly still and upright.

MagicHef
07-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Actually, when someone is sprinting they tend to lean forward. Therefore a rapidly moving target is likely to present a larger horizontal projection of his/her body than when the same individual is standing perfectly up right. Therefore, the moving target is actually more likely to get zapped by a random lava gusher than someone standing perfectly still and upright.

Very true. We may need rough body dimensions and speed of both parties to determine total effective horizontal area, and perhaps the blast radius of each geyser and frequency of occurance to determine if it is likely that the lava geysers make an impact on this match.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Cobain's massive opiate intake will shake off any flesh wounds. Cobain FTKILL.

Gonzo
07-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Joey,
The gun dorks on here who have always wanted, yet could never afford (nor shoot) a .50 cal will always side with that weapon over a 12 gauge.
Get over it and move on.

And BTW, I've shot one several times at my local super-republican anti-obama gun range, (of which I'm a member) and they're not that impressive. I found that my .458 did nearly as much damage at 300 yards and was more accurate. The .50 cal can hit them at 1 mile but you REALLY need to know wtf you're doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
07-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Joey,
The gun dorks on here who have always wanted, yet could never afford (nor shoot) a .50 cal will always side with that weapon over a 12 gauge.
Get over it and move on.

And BTW, I've shot one several times at my local super-republican anti-obama gun range, (of which I'm a member) and they're not that impressive. I found that my .458 did nearly as much damage at 300 yards and was more accurate. The .50 cal can hit them at 1 mile but you REALLY need to know wtf you're doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO, Im sure YOU'RE the ONLY one here to lob any rounds down range with the POS 50. Again LMAO "not that impressive" kills just under 2 miles away pfft no big deal.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Joey,
Get over it and move on.

Posted via Mobile Device

But I run through volcanos all the time and I shoot flies off walls with shotguns.

4th and Long
07-03-2011, 10:45 AM
But I run through volcanos all the time and I shoot flies off walls with shotguns.
This is The Planet. You have been weighed. You have been measured. You have been found wanting. Crawl back in the casket and close the lid.
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
All I'm saying is I want Dartgod to come meet me in a active volcano, and let's do this this thing for real.

MOhillbilly
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Dear Kurt, YOUS A DEAD MOTHERFUCKA NOW!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Do4fA8tONY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
All I'm saying is I want Dartgod to come meet me in a active volcano, and let's do this this thing for real.

I think that sounds fair. Is that Iceland volcano still erupting?

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 11:56 AM
How much do you think a plane ticket to iceland from kc is going for these days, Kevin?

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 12:13 PM
How much do you think a plane ticket to iceland from kc is going for these days, Kevin?

Looks like about $1,143 on Delta. Are you up for it? Dartgod, you up for it?

Anyone got a shotgun, bowie knife, and .50 cal that we could borrow?

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm down. But if I win, can we redo the poll?

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Actually, I just remembered I prefer to not fly Delta.

Sorry, guys.

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Actually, I just remembered I prefer to not fly Delta.

Sorry, guys.

If dartgod says he can go, then that would be a default for you. You should consider this carefully.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Alright fine, I'm going.

But is he taking the same flight? Sitting next to me? That would be an awkward travelling situation IMO.

RedNFeisty
07-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I voted for you, KurtC! :thumb:

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Don't shut 'er down RM, I'm coming back!

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Alright fine, I'm going.

But is he taking the same flight? Sitting next to me? That would be an awkward travelling situation IMO.

Perhaps the same flight, but you would both need to check your weapons.

Dartgod
07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Looks like about $1,143 on Delta. Are you up for it? Dartgod, you up for it?

Anyone got a shotgun, bowie knife, and .50 cal that we could borrow?
I'll be there, but you may have to wait a day or two on the active volcano for me to show up, Kurt. I'll be there, I promise.

07-03-2011, 12:58 PM
wow the whine is thick in this thread

Rain Man
07-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Annnnnd, sorry Kurt. Once again, Cobain goes down to a gunshot. Game over.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Annnnnd, sorry Kurt. Once again, Cobain goes down to a gunshot. Game over.

LMAO

KCHawg
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
We all know about Cobain's aim with a shotgun....advantage dartgod.

KurtCobain
07-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah to set the record straight, I could've killed DartGod. I just didn't want to go home to Courtney Love so I blew my own brains out with my shotgun.

cabletech94
07-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah to set the record straight, I could've killed DartGod. I just didn't want to go home to Courtney Love so I blew my own brains out with my shotgun.

sorry kc, maybe in your next life you will be c. love. she seems to have "thrived" after killing you.

WV
07-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I voted for Curt.....I think he has saboted slugs and a really steady hand.

kysirsoze
07-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I see KurtCobain as being nearly impossible to kill no matter what the weaponry or environment is... so I go with him.

Pretty much this.