PDA

View Full Version : Football Why does everybody think the Chargers are so damn good?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Every year, everybody on earth predicts the Chargers will be 14-2 or 13-3 and go to the AFC championship game and/or Super Bowl. Every year, they continue to suck and disappoint.

This year, they had no major offseason acquisitions, they are coming of a 9-7 non-playoff year despite an easy schedule, and they appear to have a much tougher schedule this year. 7 out of 7 NFL.com "experts" predict they will win the division, which may not be a huge stretch, but you would think at least one soul might pick the defending champion Chiefs.

But the icing on the cake is that the latest NFL.com poll asks, "which team do you think will win Super Bowl XLIV?" Our choices? Packers, Saints, Patriots, or Chargers. The defending AFC-champion Steelers are not even a choice. The Eagles, who had one of the greatest off-seasons in NFL history, are not even a choice. Even the media loverboy Jets are not even a choice.

The Chargers are clearly one of the best 4 teams in the NFL? Even though they couldn't even win the second weakest division in all of football last year with a cake schedule? Even though they lost to the Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, Raiders again, and the Bengals, arguably the worst team in football last year?

What, my friends, is so damn impressive about the San Diego Chargers?

Bugeater
09-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Elite QB.

Bowser
Two words - Phillip Rivers

kstater
Franchise QB.

because

Mama Hip Rockets
09-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Two words - Team Sport

threebag
09-03-2011, 04:02 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCh9ayYtC4UupqiZmvG9C7CkElJxXdO7iPlX4Phdz0Nmth98L

KurtCobain
09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I doubt they finish 3rd in the west this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2011, 04:05 PM
They have a crap load of talent, but thanks to Norv Turner our Chiefs will always have a chance no matter how talented they are.

DaFace
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Elite QB.

Franchise QB.

These. If you traded Rivers straight up for Orton, the Broncos would instantly be considered contenders.

Okie_Apparition
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
They're a tough team. Beerman & Fouts has been chewing and swallowing on them for several years now

Lex Luthor
09-03-2011, 04:08 PM
A lot of people think their bad record was a fluke last year, since they had both the #1 offense and the #1 defense in NFL. You've got to admit that a team with that much talent ought to win more games.

I think their main problem is Norv Turner. He can't coach a team up.

If Marty were still the head coach there they'd win between 12 and 14 games every year, and maybe he would have finally made it to the Super Bowl. Firing him was one of the dumbest moves ever.

Okie_Apparition
09-03-2011, 04:10 PM
AJ Smith will keep them like the rat kept the Broncos. Just good enough to miss the good draft picks

RedThat
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Phillip Rivers is overrated.

09-03-2011, 05:11 PM

So they could finish 4th, 2nd or 1st. Got it.

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Phillip Rivers is overrated.Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghht.

Molitoth
09-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Your and idiot.

Marcellus
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM
As long as Norv is coach they will underachieve. They may win the division, but they aren't going anywhere.

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Because most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

DTLB58
09-03-2011, 05:22 PM
It's all about the QB in the NFL.

Rivers = top 7 in the league at least and he has Jackson and Gates, plus should be able to put together a decent run game between Matthews and Tolbert. They will score many point with this.

Now having said that, I freaking HATE it everytime I hear that everyone just assumes the Chargers will take the west every year but that's probably true.

If Jackson would have played Monday night last year they probably would have won that game to and they would have won the division. Chiefs offense was miserable that night.

DaFace
09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Because most knowledgeable NFL realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

Bowser
09-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Has anyone mentioned Phillip Rivers yet?

listopencil
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Because most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

listopencil
09-03-2011, 05:29 PM
These. If you traded Rivers straight up for Orton, the Broncos would instantly be considered contenders.

Not with our shitty Defense of the last few years. Things are looking up though.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Because most knowledgeable NFL expert realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.

I have one word to counter that...Norv

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I have one word to counter that...NorvYeah, but they have Philip Rivers

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but they have Philip Rivers

Who????

Marcellus
09-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Who????

You know, Phillip Whiny Ass Rivers.

Sound familiar now?

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Who????
Dude, most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division.

Marcellus
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Dude, most knowledgeable NFL experts realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division.

You think they will be as good on defense?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM

I don't. Not a chance. The talent they have on D does not = number 1 overall. Not saying they suck or anything, but it doesn't add up IMO.

RedThat
09-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Phillip Rivers is a choker. Nuff said.

scho63
09-03-2011, 05:49 PM
LMAO what a great photo! HAHAHA

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCh9ayYtC4UupqiZmvG9C7CkElJxXdO7iPlX4Phdz0Nmth98L

scho63
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Because they have River Phoenix

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I have one word to counter that...Norv

Ouch! Dead center bulls-eye on that one. But if he fails to get the job done this year he will be gone.

chiefqueen
09-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Well SD is not Den and OAK and they did not have to put their TE on IR today.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Ouch! Dead center bulls-eye on that one. But if he fails to get the job done this year he will be gone.

May Herm find is way out to sunny SanDiego then :Pimp:

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 06:04 PM
A lot of people think their bad record was a fluke last year, since they had both the #1 offense and the #1 defense in NFL. You've got to admit that a team with that much talent ought to win more games.

I think their main problem is Norv Turner. He can't coach a team up.

If Marty were still the head coach there they'd win between 12 and 14 games every year, and maybe he would have finally made it to the Super Bowl. Firing him was one of the dumbest moves ever.

I agree. His history of sucking in the playoffs really shot him down.

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 06:10 PM
LMAO what a great photo! HAHAHA

Make you fun of her but I like her attitude, I bet she is a freak in the sack.
My apologies to the moderators for following this off thread line of posts, I just
wanted to add my thoughts.

CrazyPhuD
09-03-2011, 06:12 PM
It's because they have Eli Manning, how can you go wrong with one of the Manning brothers?

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Shoot up some more heroin and load your shotgun, it is time end your existence.

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/313taib.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QARNEhpTA0M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QARNEhpTA0M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Bowser
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.allfunnyfaces.com/pictures/Philip_Rivers.jpg

milkman
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Please elaborate.

I haven't had a good laugh today, and your dumb ass is almost always good for one.

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Because most knowledgeable NFL realize that the unprecedented suckiness of the Special Teams will be corrected this year and the Bolts will retake the division. Also the Chargers have Philip Rivers.
Yeah, but they have Philip Rivers

I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil and SNR are the first three posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l". Actually now that I think about it most of the Bolt fans posting here get the name spelled correctly.

Gadzooks
09-03-2011, 09:10 PM

The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

BTW - Rivers is not a whiney bitch.:cuss:

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil are the first two posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l".You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

Psyko Tek
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
my guess
the talking heads that pick that only know east coast teams, dallas, green bay and san deigo
the rest is unimportant

milkman
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

BoltWalt
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

I went back and fixed it. Check it out. Click on the (>) and go see that I added your first post where you correctly spelled Philip:

At least Daface and listopencil and SNR are the first three posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l". Actually now that I think about it most of the Bolt fans posting here get the name spelled correctly.

ForeverChiefs58
09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/JakeWilson69/16ke3px-2.gif

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/JakeWilson69/ngoq50.gif

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedThat
09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Please elaborate.

I haven't had a good laugh today, and your dumb ass is almost always good for one.

Well, let me say I am glad I can amuse you.

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

BIG K
09-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

BIG K
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM

He is a whiney bitch but, I would take him over what we have in a heart beat. That is if Haley could bitch slap the nancy boy out of him...

;)

milkman
09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

milkman
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

You do realize that some of the greateste were of all time were very vocal.

Lenny "The Cool" was actually notorious for being vocal and expressive.

Rivers has played some good football in the playoffs, and showed he's a tough SOB as well.

That team has lost because of poor coaching, not because of Rivers.

BIG K
09-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

milkman
09-03-2011, 10:27 PM
It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

Ace Gunner
09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
What, my friends, is so damn impressive about the San Diego Chargers?

I'd say the question is (and has been) what is so impressive about the KC Chiefs?

That Charger offense is running on all cylinders right now. I can't stand Rivers, but he is a top 3 QB right now. The Chargers won't start slow this year. You will find out what is so impressive in less than 22 days. If the Chiefs beat them that day, they will have played their best game in years because the Chargers are going to be ready to hand over a massive beatdown. Again.

BIG K
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

That's too bad, I thought he showed progress and hope last year. I was hoping he would eventually blossom.
Perhaps, if Gaither can get the sand out of his mangina, he can take over at RT.

richpjr
09-03-2011, 11:22 PM

This didn't seem right to me and since I am bored tonight, I looked this up. Rivers has 12 4th quarter comebacks so far in his career, tied for the 21st most in the NFL in the past 50 years. Here are the players ahead of him.

Rk Player Count
1 Ben Roethlisberger 19
2 Peyton Manning 18
3 John Elway 17
4 Tom Brady 16
5 Jake Plummer 16
6 Drew Bledsoe 15
7 Bernie Kosar 15
8 Steve Bartkowski 14
9 Jim Kelly 14
10 Eli Manning 14
11 Jay Schroeder 14
12 Brian Sipe 1974 14
13 Mark Brunell 13
14 Marc Bulger 13
15 Randall Cunningham 13
16 Jake Delhomme 13
17 Boomer Esiason 13
18 Jon Kitna 13
19 Dan Marino 13
20 Doug Williams 13
21 Philip Rivers 12

Mama Hip Rockets
09-03-2011, 11:40 PM
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/JakeWilson69/16ke3px-2.gif

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af325/JakeWilson69/ngoq50.gif

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

He's not a whiny bitch, he's just "competitive."

Mama Hip Rockets
09-03-2011, 11:44 PM

You are exactly right. I don't know why this is so hard for everybody to understand. He's a great fantasy QB but not much else. He has been borderline awful in the postseason. Career playoff numbers: 7 games, 8 TD, 9 INT.

Psyko Tek
09-03-2011, 11:52 PM
numbers?
maybe
winning ?
NO

richpjr
09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
You guys are nuts. Whether he is top 3 or top 7 is in the noise - everyone here would be doing cartwheels if played for KC instead of SD.

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 11:56 PM
ROFL

He's not a whiny bitch, he's just "competitive."Either that or he's unleashing some of that frustration of not being able to spread his seed around. At all.

I mean, I assume he doesn't masturbate

RealSNR
09-03-2011, 11:59 PM
You guys are nuts. Whether he is top 3 or top 7 is in the noise - everyone here would be doing cartwheels if played for KC instead of SD.You got that fucking right.

Besides, it's safe to assume that all-pro QB = douche. It comes with the territory. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger... all of them douches.

If KC ever drafts a franchise QB and he becomes one of the top signal callers in the NFL, you can safely assume he'll be a huge tool and a douchebag.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-03-2011, 11:59 PM
You guys are nuts. Whether he is top 3 or top 7 is in the noise - everyone here would be doing cartwheels if played for KC instead of SD.

I'm not questioning the fact that he is better than Matt Cassel. I'm questioning why the presence of a good fantasy football player automatically makes the Chargers one of the best teams in the NFL.

stevieray
09-04-2011, 02:13 AM
kicking the football when you are losing is a no no to the football gods.

....cry me a Rivers will never wear a SB ring....just more proof that one guy doesn't win it all...regardless of what current culture would have you believe..

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2011, 07:04 AM
I'd say the question is (and has been) what is so impressive about the KC Chiefs?
That Charger offense is running on all cylinders right now. I can't stand Rivers, but he is a top 3 QB right now. The Chargers won't start slow this year. You will find out what is so impressive in less than 22 days. If the Chiefs beat them that day, they will have played their best game in years because the Chargers are going to be ready to hand over a massive beatdown. Again.

Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Dorsey, Berry, Flowers, Carr. Pretty impressive young core right there.

whoman69
09-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I'm not questioning the fact that he is better than Matt Cassel. I'm questioning why the presence of a good fantasy football player automatically makes the Chargers one of the best teams in the NFL.

Despite the poor record last year, they led the league in both offense and defense. They just found ways to lose. While they don't have any real additions, having Vincent Jackson for the whole year and a healthy Antonio Gates makes them better. They are in the same situation as the Cowboys and Texans, everyone expects that much talent to come to the top. Norv Turner is the difference on this team. He brings the talent level down everywhere he's been.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Charles, Bowe, Hali, DJ, Dorsey, Berry, Flowers, Carr. Pretty impressive young core right there.

Yeah, seems like people on a Chiefs board would know that.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Yeah, seems like people on a Chiefs board would know that.

I'm surprised some of these guys can get out of bed in the morning and tie thier shoes, much less turn on and operate a computer.

13and3
09-04-2011, 07:55 AM
The Chargers are done. People expect for them to magically fix the special teams over the offseason. People expected for them to magically fix it during the bi-week last year, and fix it in practice after every other game last year. What I saw was a team who get superbly lucky bounces a lot. Balls were bumbled, fumbled, bounced off the side of Vincent Jackson head, balls were constantly thrown to early behind check down receivers like mike Tolbert, and somehow they always made the lucky catch. It is my belief that for every lucky break you get during a game, somewhere down the line karma will set things right, like in special teams plays and fumbles. Mark my words if San Diego does get better in special teams, then they will suck at doing something else, turnovers, penalties, defense, running game, and maybe even dropped passes.

evenfall
09-04-2011, 08:03 AM
They are a poorly coached team with a dearth of leadership and are never too motivated. They will always underachieve.

-King-
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
If we had Rivers, we wouldn't be asking how we're going to make the playoffs, we'd be asking how we're going to win the superbowl. I think we have more talent than the chargers and by far better coaching. He'd be better here than he is in San Diego.
Posted via Mobile Device

13and3
09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
One of the great football clichés is "if you are not getting better than you are getting worse". I wonder were the Chiefs and Chargers fallout in this line of logic.

PRIEST
09-04-2011, 08:37 AM

Rivers is a beast :deevee:I want a rivers

Ace Gunner
09-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Agreed, but I note you didn't mention an OL player. I wouldn't either. The OL looks like another season of 3 or 4 man OL with one or two pedestrians. They were getting clobbered up the middle all pre season long. Coaches can help the OT's using TE's etc, but other than from FB/HB, those interior players have to play stout else this team won't run well on 3rd/short for another season.

I kind of wish they would have brought Gurode in at center. He knows this offense having played in it during his first seasons under Parcells. He's recovering, but if they have him and can get him going by november, that stretch where the Chiefs play the class of the NFL might work out better. Maybe they are waiting for the first week to go by..

I do like that core of players on your list. Charles and Hali are badasses, the rest have some lights - out football stretches to establish before I crown them badass. I expect they will, I especially like Eric Berry. I fully expect Berry to be one of those game - takover players. What an athlete. Smart and tough. Sticks his head in there during runs, I like him a lot. Belcher is another player I consider core. He's another guy that is a good athlete and sticks his head in those run plays. With the improvement of players in front of him this season, I expect Belcher to strike more. He had those 2 sacks during the playoff game and some key tackles. But the way he got those sacks was impressive to me. He wasn't on a blitz. He was playing his gap and when the lane opened up to the QB with the ball 10 feet in front of him, he sacked Flacco. Twice. That's smart football for an undrafted 2nd year player. I also expect DJ to step up and become a consistent leader contributor.

Al Bundy
09-04-2011, 09:41 AM

I have to agree with this Bolt fan. The ST's were beyond awful last year.

Rausch
09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Rivers is a beast :deevee:I want a rivers

The crybaby emoticon is appropriate...

slothf
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT IT CHAPS MY @SS TOO.....SO TIRED OF HEARING HOW GOOD THE CHARGERS ARE GONNA DO...ANOTHER ONE TOO IS THE COWBOYS..HOW MAY TIMES OVER THE YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN PICKED TO WIN IT ALL...ROMO SUCKS...RIVERS IS A BABY...I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD DO A LOT BETTER JOB THAN THESE SUPPOSED NFL ANALYST...@#$% EM

Pablo
09-04-2011, 12:57 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT IT CHAPS MY @SS TOO.....SO TIRED OF HEARING HOW GOOD THE CHARGERS ARE GONNA DO...ANOTHER ONE TOO IS THE COWBOYS..HOW MAY TIMES OVER THE YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN PICKED TO WIN IT ALL...ROMO SUCKS...RIVERS IS A BABY...I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD DO A LOT BETTER JOB THAN THESE SUPPOSED NFL ANALYST...@#$% EMYEAH BRO I HERE YA

Pasta Little Brioni
09-04-2011, 02:13 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT IT CHAPS MY @SS TOO.....SO TIRED OF HEARING HOW GOOD THE CHARGERS ARE GONNA DO...ANOTHER ONE TOO IS THE COWBOYS..HOW MAY TIMES OVER THE YEARS HAVE THEY BEEN PICKED TO WIN IT ALL...ROMO SUCKS...RIVERS IS A BABY...I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD DO A LOT BETTER JOB THAN THESE SUPPOSED NFL ANALYST...@#$% EM

Hi, Red That

RNR
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Ain't a nickels worth of difference between Oakland, KC and the Chargers. Whichever team stays healthy and catches some breaks wins the AFC West~

RealSNR
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Ain't a nickels worth of difference between Oakland, KC and the Chargers. Whichever team stays healthy and catches some breaks wins the AFC West~I might go with Oakland out of those three simply because you've got possibly the best corner in the league in Asomugha. He legitimizes that defense. Hardcore.

But I don't know what the hell you guys would do if he didn't play for the Raiders. I mean, seriously. Your secondary would be fucking SCREWED

RNR
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I might go with Oakland out of those three simply because you've got possibly the best corner in the league in Asomugha. He legitimizes that defense. Hardcore.

But I don't know what the hell you guys would do if he didn't play for the Raiders. I mean, seriously. Your secondary would be ****ing SCREWED

:rolleyes:

RealSNR
09-04-2011, 03:07 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-sports-pictures-asante-troll-face-nfl-football-philadelphia-daniels-eagles-u-mad.jpg

RNR
09-04-2011, 03:11 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-sports-pictures-asante-troll-face-nfl-football-philadelphia-daniels-eagles-u-mad.jpg

Not at all, simply giving an appropriate response to a silly post~

RealSNR
09-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I really only posted it because that's Asante Samuel with the troll face. That's what we in the biz call an opportunity

RNR
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I really only posted it because that's Asante Samuel with the troll face. That's what we in the biz call an opportunity

Cool now I kind of, sort of know somebody in the "biz"~

Mama Hip Rockets
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Ain't a nickels worth of difference between Oakland, KC and the Chargers. Whichever team stays healthy and catches some breaks wins the AFC West~

No. It will definitely be the Chiefs or the Chargers.

BoltWalt
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM
This didn't seem right to me and since I am bored tonight, I looked this up. Rivers has 12 4th quarter comebacks so far in his career, tied for the 21st most in the NFL in the past 50 years. Here are the players ahead of him.

Rk Player Count
1 Ben Roethlisberger 19
2 Peyton Manning 18
3 John Elway 17
4 Tom Brady 16
5 Jake Plummer 16
6 Drew Bledsoe 15
7 Bernie Kosar 15
8 Steve Bartkowski 14
9 Jim Kelly 14
10 Eli Manning 14
11 Jay Schroeder 14
12 Brian Sipe 1974 14
13 Mark Brunell 13
14 Marc Bulger 13
15 Randall Cunningham 13
16 Jake Delhomme 13
17 Boomer Esiason 13
18 Jon Kitna 13
19 Dan Marino 13
20 Doug Williams 13
21 Philip Rivers 12

I hope Philip Rivers does not climb any higher on that list, I am most happy when the gets the lead from the get go and is comfortably ahead in the fourth quarter. I don't have a strong heart these days, not to mention the acid stomach I get when it is a close game at the end.:D

Mama Hip Rockets
09-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I hope Philip Rivers does not climb any higher on that list, I am most happy when the gets the lead from the get go and is comfortably ahead in the fourth quarter. I don't have a strong heart these days, not to mention the acid stomach I get when it is a close game at the end.:D

At least you get entertainment value from his toddler-like tantrums when he fails, so you get a good deal either way.

milkman
09-05-2011, 07:55 PM

Rk Player Count
1 Ben Roethlisberger 19
2 Peyton Manning 18
3 John Elway 17
4 Tom Brady 16
5 Jake Plummer 16
6 Drew Bledsoe 15
7 Bernie Kosar 15
8 Steve Bartkowski 14
9 Jim Kelly 14
10 Eli Manning 14
11 Jay Schroeder 14
12 Brian Sipe 1974 14
13 Mark Brunell 13
14 Marc Bulger 13
15 Randall Cunningham 13
16 Jake Delhomme 13
17 Boomer Esiason 13
18 Jon Kitna 13
19 Dan Marino 13
20 Doug Williams 13
21 Philip Rivers 12

Where the hell did you get those numbers?

There's no way in hell that John Elway only had 17 4th qtr comebacks in his career, or that Peyton Manning only has 18.

Seems to me that Elway was credited with 49 last I heard.

Marcellus
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM

There's no way in hell that John Elway only had 17 4th qtr comebacks in his career, or that Peyton Manning only has 18.

That's a lot of 4th quarters to be trailing in.

I love how people forget how they got behind in the 4th quarter.

I guess it's how you finish not how you start (that's what she said).

KurtCobain
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM

And where is Joe Montana on that list?

Marcellus
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
And where is Joe Montana on that list?

He didn't like being behind in the 4th very often. Took care of business early.

milkman
09-05-2011, 08:36 PM
That's a lot of 4th quarters to be trailing in.

I love how people forget how they got behind in the 4th quarter.

I guess it's how you finish not how you start (that's what she said).

I blame Dan Reeves.

He did some good things, but he was far too conservative with the Donkeys, and the fact is, they really didn't have great talent other than Elway.

ForeverChiefs58
09-05-2011, 09:09 PM
This is according to http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3401

QB Reported Actual
John Elway 47 34
Brett Favre 42 27
Dan Marino 37 36
Peyton Manning 37 28
Drew Bledsoe 32 24
Joe Montana 31 31
Johnny Unitas 31 34
Tom Brady 28 20
Roger Staubach 23 15
Ben Roethlisberger 19 15

Garcia Bronco
09-05-2011, 09:44 PM
John Elways has 47 4th quarter comebacks when the Bronocs were tied or behind in the fourth quarter. He led the Broncos to win 47 times like that. More than any QB ever.

ForeverChiefs58
09-05-2011, 10:54 PM
John Elways has 47 4th quarter comebacks when the Bronocs were tied or behind in the fourth quarter. He led the Broncos to win 47 times like that. More than any QB ever.

heh, nope. He has 34. He is tied for 2nd place with Johnny Unitas behind Dan Marino who has the REAL record of 36. Here is where I got my info:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3392

Forty-seven. The most famous number when it comes to quarterbacks and fourth quarter comebacks is 47. It may also be the most misleading number in NFL history. No matter what source you look at, John Elway is credited with a NFL record 47 comebacks in the 4th quarter. This leads much credence to the "clutchness" of a QB in his career, and is often cited in debates between Elway and other great QBs. But if you research all of his wins, you will have found that he is being credited for comeback wins in a game that ended in an overtime tie, and in several games the Broncos never trailed in the fourth quarter. You cannot come back when there's no deficit to come back from. Dan Marino, always credited with 37 comebacks, has been ranked in 2nd place since retirement. Even DanMarino.com has 37.

Currently, Marino sits 3rd behind Favre (42 is the widely reported number) and Elway (lucky 47). But when the PR staff for the Miami Dolphins exclude wins that the Dolphins never trailed in the 4th quarter, while the Favre and Elway people do not, does that not suggest a serious issue with the validity of these “records”? And why has this been allowed to go on for over a decade?

That's where my research comes in.

In part I, we are going to look at just Elway and Marino’s comebacks. In part II, I will show how several other QBs have had their comebacks tracked and try to create a standard method of crediting comebacks and game-winning drives.

I have taken the time to go through each player's career and get to the bottom of things. As I looked through the games, I used a source for each QB to guide me through how they had arrived at the widely reported numbers.

Marino, from a Dolphins site
Elway, from the HOF website

I will point out the issues with those games, and bring up games missed by those lists. Before starting with Marino, let’s quickly create the definition of a comeback (there will be more detail on this in part II).

For it to be a 4th quarter comeback win, you must:
•Win the game (no ties or losses)
•Take the field with a 1--8 pt deficit (1--7 prior to 1994) and score as an offense (no fumble return TD to win the game)
•It does not have to be the final winning score (hence, that applies to the number of game-winning drives)

Checklist of questions to ask:

Did the team win the game?

- If the answer is no, then move onto the next game.

Did the QB ever have the ball in the 4th quarter or overtime with a tie or deficit of 1--8 pts?

- If the answer is no, then move onto the next game.

Did the winning team ever trail in the 4th quarter?

- If the answer is no, then this cannot be a comeback.

Did the offense produce the winning points or was it a return by the defense/special teams?

- If the answer is yes, then it’s a game-winning drive (and if there was a deficit, a comeback).

- If the answer is no, then the QB/offense does not get credit unless they did something to force a tie or get a lead at some point.

Did the offense produce a tying drive and then watched the defense/special teams score the winning points?

- If the answer is ‘yes’, then it’s a comeback, but not a game-winning drive.

Let me just state that John Elway (or any other QB) did not do anything wrong here. To the best of my knowledge, he did not instruct the Broncos to count any game they could as a comeback. The Broncos were allegedly the first team to keep track of comebacks after being asked by fans how many comebacks Elway had in the 80’s. Other teams followed suit for their star QBs, but not everyone used the same definition of a comeback. The following is a table that shows how various teams calculated comeback totals differently for some popular QBs. Using my methods to track these games, I put my actual number of comebacks up against the widely reported figure.

ForeverChiefs58
09-05-2011, 11:03 PM

Here is more in case you are bad at clicking a link:

Elway is credited with 47 comebacks. According to the HOF article and in the Denver media guide, "Elway chalked up a record 47 fourth quarter come-from-behind comebacks during his pro career." Come-from-behind? Not quite. Here is my list of 50 Elway games, again with asterisks pointing out games that were not comebacks.

1983-12-11 BAL W 21-19
1984-11-04 NWE W 26-19
1984-11-11 @ SDG W 16-13
*1984-12-09 SDG W 16-13
1985-09-22 @ ATL W 44-28
*1985-10-20 SEA W 13-10 OT [1]
1985-11-11 SFO W 17-16
1985-11-17 SDG W 30-24 OT
1985-12-01 @ PIT W 31-23
1985-12-14 KAN W 14-13
1985-12-20 @ SEA W 27-24
1986-09-07 RAI W 38-36
1987-01-11 @ CLE W 23-20
*1987-09-20 @ GNB T 17-17 OT [4]
1987-11-16 CHI W 31-29
1987-12-06 NWE W 31-20
*1988-01-17 CLE W 38-33
1988-10-09 @ SFO W 16-13 OT
1989-10-08 SDG W 16-10
1989-10-22 @ SEA W 24-21 OT
*1989-11-12 @ KAN W 16-13
1990-01-07 PIT W 24-23
1990-09-17 KAN W 24-23
*1990-09-23 SEA W 34-31 OT [2]
*1990-10-21 @ IND W 27-17
*1991-10-20 KAN W 19-16
*1991-10-27 @ NWE W 9- 6
*1991-12-08 @ CLE W 17- 7
1991-12-15 PHO W 24-19
1992-01-04 HOU W 26-24
1992-09-06 RAI W 17-13
1992-10-04 KAN W 20-19
1992-10-18 HOU W 27-21
1993-12-12 KAN W 27-21
1994-10-23 @ SDG W 20-15
*1994-11-13 SEA W 17-10 [3]
1994-11-20 ATL W 32-28
*1995-09-17 WAS W 38-31
*1995-11-19 SDG W 30-27
1995-12-24 @ OAK W 31-28
1996-09-15 TAM W 27-23
1996-10-20 BAL W 45-34
1996-11-04 @ OAK W 22-21
1996-11-24 @ MIN W 21-17
*1997-10-26 @ BUF W 23-20 OT
*1997-11-02 SEA W 30-27
1998-01-04 @ KAN W 14-10
*1998-01-25 @ GNB W 31-24
1998-11-01 @ CIN W 33-26
1998-12-06 KAN W 35-31

Again, several issues here. First, the Broncos' PR people must have fallen asleep while looking at games against the Seattle Seahawks. There were three Seattle games where Elway should be credited with a game-winning drive (but no comebacks since they never trailed).

[1] 10/20/85 vs. Seattle – Denver led 10-7 to start the 4th quarter. Seattle forced OT with a field goal. After the teams traded punts twice, Dave Krieg threw an interception that put Denver at the Seahawks' 15 yard line. The offense, with Elway, came out and ran 3 plays for 8 yards. They kicked a 24 yd FG for the 13-10 OT win. Hardly the stuff of legends, but it still counts as a game-winning drive.

[2] 9/23/90 vs. Seattle – Denver led 28-24 to start the 4th. After adding a field goal to the lead, Seattle forces overtime with a TD for a 31-31 tie. In OT, Elway completes three passes and Bobby Humphrey ran 26 yards on a draw on a 66 yard drive that led to the winning field goal.

[3] 11/13/94 vs. Seattle – Denver led 10-3 to start the 4th quarter, only to see the Seahawks tie the game on a TD run. Denver answered with the winning TD drive, capped by a Leonard Russell 11 yard TD run. On the 9-play, 80 yard winning drive, Elway completed all five of his passes.

None of the three are comebacks, but they are game-winning drives. I was thinking the reason Denver people didn't list the first two is because they have nothing to do with the 4th quarter; they were OT drives. The third one was not, and they just flat out missed it.

But if you look closely at that Denver/HOF link with the 47 games, you'll find this gem:

"Oct. 26, 1997 at Buffalo — Directs 9-play, 43-yards drive in 4:47 during overtime to set up a 33-yard Jason Elam field goal with 1:56 remaining on the clock, giving Denver a 23-20 win."

That’s right; it is the exact same situation as the first two games they missed. This is why my Elway data includes 50 games (the 49 wins and the tie). Of those 50 games, 15 of them saw Elway lead a game-winning drive without ever trailing in the 4th quarter. Subtract these 15 from the comeback total, and that makes it 35 comebacks.

Some people have mentioned backup QB Gary Kubiak filling in for an injured Elway and finishing off a winning drive, thinking that Elway should not get credit. This was on 12/20/85 vs. Seattle (something about Elway and Seattle). That thinking is wrong. Twice, Elway led game-tying touchdown drives in the 4th quarter when Denver trailed by 7. With the game tied, he completed a 27 yard pass, and then was knocked out of the game. Kubiak scrambled to finish off the drive and they won on a field goal. Elway deserves credit for this one, one of his finest comebacks and NFL games period.

[4] Finally there's the issue of the 17-17 tie against Green Bay in 1987. Granted, the Broncos were down 17-10 and he led an 18-play drive to tie the game at 17. But the next 20+ minutes of the game were scoreless and the game ended in a tie. While this technically can be seen as a comeback, there's no win attached to it. Call it a tying comeback, a special situation, but do not call it a comeback win. Subtract this one too.

Elway results: Elway had 49 overall wins decided in the 4th quarter/overtime, and 34 of them are comebacks, and another game was a comeback that produced a tie. This is 13 fewer than he gets credit for, and the overall number of drives is fewer than Marino's.

Even if you count the tie, it's still 51 to 50 in favor of Marino. If you count the tie as a comeback, it’s still 36 to 35 in favor of Marino for comebacks. No matter what you wish to call them, Marino has more than Elway, and deserves to be recognized for it.

Next time we’ll look at some other QBs and how their comebacks have been tracked, not to mention how Elway may actually be only third all-time instead of the clear #1 position he has held for over a decade.

In the mean time, if you're interested in more studies of 4th quarter comebacks, see Jason McKinley's article at Football Outsiders, and Clark Heins' research, which you can read about here.

ClevelandBronco
09-05-2011, 11:12 PM
heh, nope. He has 34. He is tied for 2nd place with Johnny Unitas behind Dan Marino who has the REAL record of 36. Here is where I got my info:

Forty-seven...

Shit. That son of a bitch had 47 comebacks victories against the Browns alone.

ForeverChiefs58
09-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Shit. That son of a bitch had 47 comebacks victories against the Browns alone.

Yeah, it seemed like he had that many against the Chiefs as well.

I remember when he retired thinking NOW the Chiefs should finally be able to get to a SB.

Instead, every team in the division, and even the Seahawks who used to be in the division went to the SB. :banghead: :huh:

Oh Snap
09-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I dont think its that...I think that it has more to do with the fact that people think this division is weak, and the chargers are the only above average team within the division.

One thing though...they have the same exact schedule we do save two games. So to say that they will win the division easily is a bit of a stretch.

notorious
09-06-2011, 08:25 AM
The Chargers are better then us, especially with the special teams changes.

We won the first game with special teams and defense by the skin of our teeth at home (Thanks for the weather, too).

In the second game they turned the Chiefs into a grease spot.

Reality sucks. I do believe we are on the rise and they have peaked and/or declining.

whoman69
09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
The Chargers are better then us, especially with the special teams changes.

We won the first game with special teams and defense by the skin of our teeth at home (Thanks for the weather, too).

In the second game they turned the Chiefs into a grease spot.

Reality sucks. I do believe we are on the rise and they have peaked and/or declining.

You're going to base that on a game where the starting QB was out for the Chiefs. Did they really peak at the end? They lost to the Bengals and just barely beat the Broncos.

notorious
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
You're going to base that on a game where the starting QB was out for the Chiefs. Did they really peak at the end? They lost to the Bengals and just barely beat the Broncos.

Having Cassel would have changed the final score a little bit, but we still would have been prison raped.

And yes, the Chargers have peaked and are on the slow decline while the Chiefs are showing a rise (it was the only direction to go after Herm).

Gadzooks
09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Wait, wha? How do you figure the Chargers are declining?!?
That’s preposterous.

Buckweath
09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
The Chiefs will likely have the better defense IMO. We have guys like Flowers, Carr, Dorsey, Berry all on the rise on top of having two stars who just began their prime last year in Hali and Johnson and then Gregg who looked good in preseason and then Houston who should provide plenty of passrush... that should make for a dominant defense as soon as this year. The Chargers D has more question marks and is certainly not on the rise when you consider guys like Jammer, Sanders, Spikes who could be disappointments I think.

The Chiefs obviously have the better running game and have improved their passing offense enough to compete with the Chargers who obviously have the better overall offense because of Rivers.

The special teams, the Chiefs also have the advantage.

Agree with what I said?

whoman69
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Having Cassel would have changed the final score a little bit, but we still would have been prison raped.

And yes, the Chargers have peaked and are on the slow decline while the Chiefs are showing a rise (it was the only direction to go after Herm).

It just wasn't clear to me what you meant. Teams don't have to rise from a low. Look at the Bengals post Shula. Question for us is do we go the way the Dolphins did in coming out of their slide for only one year?

notorious
09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
That’s preposterous.

LMAO

Just an outside observation. Going from playoffs to sitting at home when they had a horrible schedule shows a slight drop-off.

Even though they had top ranked defense and offense, you are your record.

matthews1733
09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
why does everybody think the chargers are so damn good?....simply because they are. do you know they never had a losing season in the last 8 years and won 6 division titles, been to the AFC championship game. reached the second round of the playoffs 4 times. though they never won the super bowl i guarantee you a lot of teams will kill for that stretch of 8 years including KC. so dont hate, just accept that they are good and deep inside you know it.

NJChiefsFan
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
why does everybody think the chargers are so damn good?....simply because they are. do you know they never had a losing season in the last 8 years and won 6 division titles, been to the AFC championship game. reached the second round of the playoffs 4 times. though they never won the super bowl i guarantee you a lot of teams will kill for that stretch of 8 years including KC. so dont hate, just accept that they are good and deep inside you know it.

This isn't a debate about the past 8 years. Nobody being honest denies that. We would all kill for a guy like Rivers. None of that really affects your team this year. I think you guys are better, and that KC still needs to prove it again this year before anyone should be saying SD no longer owns the division.

That being said you had a very easy schedule last year and didn't do too well. You did lose your DC. I don't think you are the best you have ever been over this stretch, so while I hate that you are in our division, I don't think you are unstoppable like I used to.

Gadzooks
09-06-2011, 08:38 PM
This isn't a debate about the past 8 years. Nobody being honest denies that. We would all kill for a guy like Rivers. None of that really affects your team this year. I think you guys are better, and that KC still needs to prove it again this year before anyone should be saying SD no longer owns the division.

That being said you had a very easy schedule last year and didn't do too well. You did lose your DC. I don't think you are the best you have ever been over this stretch, so while I hate that you are in our division, I don't think you are unstoppable like I used to.

Pfft. You guys are screwed. We had a couple of minor problems last year that have clearly been resolved.
- The ST sucked, (that's how your Chiefs pulled out the "w")
- We were missing our starting No.1 WR and LT.
You guys are screwwwwed this season.
On top of everything else the ST units won't make a lick of difference this year.
LMAO all the way to the SB.

O.city
09-06-2011, 08:41 PM
You added Takeo Spikes and Bob Sanders on defense. They could both possible be in a retirement home before the season is over.

NJChiefsFan
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Pfft. You guys are screwed. We had a couple of minor problems last year that have clearly been resolved.
- The ST sucked, (that's how your Chiefs pulled out the "w")
- We were missing our starting No.1 WR and LT.
You guys are screwwwwed this season.
On top of everything else the ST units won't make a lick of difference this year.
LMAO all the way to the SB.

I don't doubt you can or will win the divison. Don't think you are getting to the Superbowl though. Not exactly an unbiased view of SD so I really don't know.

matthews1733
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
You added Takeo Spikes and Bob Sanders on defense. They could both possible be in a retirement home before the season is over.

really? and you're basing this on what? btw have you seen any of the Chiefs pre-season games, stinking it up will be putting it mildly. If your guys plays like that you'll be lucky if they win 4 games all year. Hello Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

milkman
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
really? and you're basing this on what? btw have you seen any of the Chiefs pre-season games, stinking it up will be putting it mildly. If your guys plays like that you'll be lucky if they win 4 games all year. Hello Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

I promise you one thing.

The Chiefs could be the absolute worst team in the league, but they would find a way to win one more game than the next team to them.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 11:53 AM
That’s preposterous.

Don't kid yourself. It's time to be honest about your team.

1. Your Pro Bowl LT is constantly getting dinged up

2. Your all world TE has become your Injury Prone All world TE. The guy can barely stay on the field, and make no mistake, he is the best weapon on your offense. A drop in production is inevitable.

3. V-Jax Will be gone soon. You think AJ Smith is going to give him Fitz type money? Yeah right. And you know damn well that's what he's gonna shoot for.

4. Jammer is getting old and you really don't have much in the secondary aside from him. Please don't mention Eric Weddle and Cason is just a solid player, nothing more.

5. Mathews has bust written all over him. You just let another former 1st rnd bust walk and you'll be cutting another 1st rnd bust in Larry English next year. How many 1st round busts is that in the last 5 years?

6. Your drafts have been terrible lately and it showed in your special teams. Chargers are losing their depth quickly.

7. Norv Turner

8. 90 Year Old Takeo Spikes, Journey Man Travis Laboy and Broke Dick Bob Sanders reek of desperation/win now mode.

The team is descending. Phillip Rivers will keep the Chargers afloat as long as he can. I expect the Chargers to be in it every year, but only because of Rivers. But that can only last for so long. See Colts; Manning.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Are you fucking serious?

ROFL

lcarus
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Where are the Chargers fans? I was more or less forced to take SDs defense in my fantasy draft. I have no idea what to expect.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Where are the Chargers fans? I was more or less forced to take SDs defense in my fantasy draft. I have no idea what to expect.

OMFG Look at your post COUNT!

Gadzooks
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Please see my reponses below:
Don't kid yourself. It's time to be honest about your team.

1. Your Pro Bowl LT is constantly getting dinged up
McNeill was holding out last season, he wasn't injured. Besides, the Chargers have a very competent backup in Dombrowski.

2. Your all world TE has become your Injury Prone All world TE. The guy can barely stay on the field, and make no mistake, he is the best weapon on your offense. A drop in production is inevitable.
Doesn't matter as long a Rivers is in his prime. He could even make you look like a pro bowl TE.

3. V-Jax Will be gone soon. You think AJ Smith is going to give him Fitz type money? Yeah right. And you know damn well that's what he's gonna shoot for.
Again, doesn't matter as long a Rivers is in his prime.

4. Jammer is getting old and you really don't have much in the secondary aside from him. Please don't mention Eric Weddle and Cason is just a solid player, nothing more.
Jammer will probably play into his 60's (the man is a physical freak). They drafted 2 CBs this year. Both have looked very good in the preseason and will develop in to solid starters in 2 to 3 years.

5. Mathews has bust written all over him. You just let another former 1st rnd bust walk and you'll be cutting another 1st rnd bust in Larry English next year. How many 1st round busts is that in the last 5 years?
Mathews will be fine as long as he can hold on to the football. "Buster" Davis was cut because he couldn't stay healthy. Larry can't stay healthy either so the jury is still out on him. He's a very good player when healthy.

6. Your drafts have been terrible lately and it showed in your special teams. Chargers are losing their depth quickly.
This comment has no substance.

7. Norv Turner
I love Norf.

8. 90 Year Old Takeo Spikes, Journey Man Travis Laboy and Broke Dick Bob Sanders reek of desperation/win now mode.
I believe they were just adding some experienced players to the roster. Was getting Kelly Gregg a desperation move?

The team is descending. Phillip Rivers will keep the Chargers afloat as long as he can. I expect the Chargers to be in it every year, but only because of Rivers. But that can only last for so long. See Colts; Manning. True, but the key is Rivers is not declining. His arrow is pointing up.
There, I win.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Please see my reponses below:

Terrible responses.

Might as well have just said "Phillip Rivers" and called it a day.

notorious
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Repeat again:

9-7 and no playoffs with a horrifically easy schedule.

Gadzooks
09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Terrible responses.

Might as well have just said "Phillip Rivers" and called it a day.

That would have saved me some time but, you're right, that's all I need to win this argument.:p

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 01:00 PM
That would have saved me some time but, you're right, that's all I need to win this argument.:p

How do you figure? Just because you have a good QB doesn't mean your team isn't descending. Guess you missed my point about the Colts...

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Sorry, Norv is the trump card in this argument. I award this argument to Detox by TKO.

Gadzooks
09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
How do you figure? Just because you have a good QB doesn't mean your team isn't descending. Guess you missed my point about the Colts...

It makes a huge difference.
Your points are B.S. On every team players get injuries and some leave in F.A. With your logic every team is in decline. AJ and Co. continue to do a great job in the Draft and Free Agency to replenish the roster with fresh blood.
They've added a UDFA to the roster for the past 7 years in row, (could be longer), including, Pro Bowlers, Antnio Gates and Kris Dielman. That is a testament to the Chargers scouting staff and Front Office.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
It makes a huge difference.
Your points are B.S. On every team players get injuries and some leave in F.A. With your logic every team is in decline. AJ and Co. continue to do a great job in the Draft and Free Agency to replenish the roster with fresh blood.
They've added a UDFA to the roster for the past 7 years in row, (could be longer), including, Pro Bowlers, Antnio Gates and Kris Dielman. That is a testament to the Chargers scouting staff.

On every team there is a core group of players. When those Core group of players leave, get old, get injured, etc they are typically replaced with another good core set of players. Chargers have done a shit job at that lately.

AJ and co have done a shit job recently. Everyone in this city is screaming for his head. If he had been replenishing his depth you guys wouldn't have had the ST melt down that you had last season.

When this team was in its prime its core Players were:

Tomlinson
Rivers
Merriman
Jamaal Williams
Gates
V. Jax
Jammer
Osgood

Larry English was suppose to be Merriman's replacement and he's been a bust. He's usually injured, and when he actually takes the field he has no impact on the game. I doubt he even makes the team next season.

Matthews was suppose to replace Tomlinson. So far all he has shown is that he's injury prone and fumble prone. Dude showed up to camp way out of shape after skipping team workouts. He can't even win the starting job.

You have no one on the roster to replace Gates, and that horse is wearing down quickly.

You have no one on the roster to Replace V Jax who is almost certainly gone after this season.

You let your best ST player in Osgood go and still haven't found a replacement.

Sanders and Spikes are a stop gap. They've been trying to address the safety position for years and haven't been able to do it. Hence the Sanders signing and overpaying for Weddle.

So who are the Chargers, young, ascending core group of Players? Are they as good as the previous group? If not, they're descending.

matthews1733
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
the chiefs fans are becoming delusional, just because they won the division last year by a fluke. they keep coming up with reason with why the chargers are declining (wishful thinking). While expert around the league unanimously pick the chargers to win the division they keep telling themselves eh we are better than the chargers. The chargers don't even think about KC, they go into the season planning to beat the Pats and the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl, KC not even in the back of their consciousness (the truth). You are not a threat to the chargers, last year was given to you by the chargers special team, VJ being gone most of the year and injury to Antonio Gates, Malcolm Floyd, and Patrick Crayton (chargers top 4 receivers) and Ryan Matthews and still finish 9-7. With all that you still ask why everybody think the chargers are so damn good? i guess because it hurts that no one talks about the fluky chiefs( who got blown into smithereens in the playoffs), not even a special mention to contend and its sad. Sorry just the facts

lcarus
09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
OMFG Look at your post COUNT!

Is that sign that since I drafted SDs defense in fantasy football, I've aligned myself with the devil?

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
the chiefs fans are becoming delusional, just because they won the division last year by a fluke. they keep coming up with reason with why the chargers are declining (wishful thinking). While expert around the league unanimously pick the chargers to win the division they keep telling themselves eh we are better than the chargers. The chargers don't even think about KC, they go into the season planning to beat the Pats and the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl, KC not even in the back of their consciousness (the truth). You are not a threat to the chargers, last year was given to you by the chargers special team, VJ being gone most of the year and injury to Antonio Gates, Malcolm Floyd, and Patrick Crayton (chargers top 4 receivers) and Ryan Matthews and still finish 9-7. With all that you still ask why everybody think the chargers are so damn good? i guess because it hurts that no one talks about the fluky chiefs( who got blown into smithereens in the playoffs), not even a special mention to contend and its sad. Sorry just the facts

Seems like you're the delusional one. I've never met a Chargers fan who wasn't a dumb, blind homer.

There is so much fail in this post I'm not even sure why I bothered responding.

O.city
09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Alot of people are actually projecting the Chargers to rep. the AFC in the SB this year. I don't know really how they improved that much from a 9-7 team last year. However as long as they have Rivers under center they are the class of the division. However they were only 3-3 in the division so I don't think the gap between the Chargers and the rest of the division is as great as all the Chargers fans think.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2011, 02:53 PM
You guys should go read some Chargers boards.

They are freaking out about their defense and quite honestly, who on that defense is truly elite?

They don't have a Hali, apparently their rookie is getting pushed around, they bitch endlessly about their middle linebackers.....

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Alot of people are actually projecting the Chargers to rep. the AFC in the SB this year. I don't know really how they improved that much from a 9-7 team last year. However as long as they have Rivers under center they are the class of the division. However they were only 3-3 in the division so I don't think the gap between the Chargers and the rest of the division is as great as all the Chargers fans think.

It's the same story every year. We've been hearing it over and over and over again.

Charger fans take the shit and run with it because most of them know dick about football. They're lemmings. They just follow along with whatever the Media tells them.

I think they have a good shot at winning the division, sure. Beyond that? Pfffff....

O.city
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM

They are freaking out about their defense and quite honestly, who on that defense is truly elite?

They don't have a Hali, apparently their rookie is getting pushed around, they bitch endlessly about their middle linebackers.....

Eric Weddle just got paid huge money so that must make him elite right?

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Odd...All i keep hearing about from them is that Takeo Spikes is going to rape faces and Bob Sanders looks like the Defensive MVP that he use to be.

However, if you actually watch the games, Spikes looks mediocre, I haven't really even Noticed Sanders and yeah, their rookie is going to get ran on.

He's Tyson Jackson rookie year bad against the run. He doesn't look that bad against the pass though TBH.

Discuss Thrower
09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Matt Cassel just got paid huge money so that must make him elite right?

FYP.. A year or two delayed.

O.city
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
It's the same story every year. We've been hearing it over and over and over again.

Charger fans take the shit and run with it because most of them know dick about football. They're lemmings. They just follow along with whatever the Media tells them.

I think they have a good shot at winning the division, sure. Beyond that? Pfffff....

I feel the same way. The media is made for "regular average fans". Honestly I get tired of hearing these average fans that I go to school with talk about how bad our Dline will be this year and how bad Belcher needs replaced. Some also feel Richardson is a huge upgrade over Gaither at RT. It drives me crazy.

I do feel that with Rivers the Chargers have a good shot at the division. But other than QB, which I know is the most important position,at what position are the Chargers better than the Chiefs?

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I do feel that with Rivers the Chargers have a good shot at the division. But other than QB, which I know is the most important position,at what position are the Chargers better than the Chiefs?

Exactly. You could argue O-Line and obviously TE.....but beyond that? Pfffff.....

The Problem is the difference between Cassel and Rivers is so wide. Rivers makes them better. Cassel makes the Chiefs worse.

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Exactly. You could argue O-Line and obviously TE.....but beyond that? Pfffff.....

The Problem is the difference between Cassel and Rivers is so wide. Rivers makes them better. Cassel makes the Chiefs worse.

yep. spot on.

TBH I think if and a big if Gaither is healthy and plays RT to his talent level, our o line is better.

notorious
09-07-2011, 03:08 PM
. Rivers makes them better. Cassel makes the Chiefs worse.

And there it is.

/thread

RNR
09-07-2011, 03:09 PM
No. It will definitely be the Chiefs or the Chargers.

I will say it again "Ain't a nickels worth of difference between Oakland, KC and the Chargers. Whichever team stays healthy and catches some breaks wins the AFC West" People who have followed me through out the several years I have posted here know I do not talk smack. I am not a blind homer who talks stupid shit and hides later. I offered a sig bet last year to any takers on both games,and there were no takers. I will do the same this year. I said last year KC would have their hands full with Oakland and they did. They will again this year~

notorious
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I will say it again "Ain't a nickels worth of difference between Oakland, KC and the Chargers. Whichever team stays healthy and catches some breaks wins the AFC West" People who have followed me through out the several years I have posted here know I do not talk smack. I am not a blind homer who talks stupid shit and hides later. I offered a sig bet last year to any takers on both games,and there were no takers. I will do the same this year. I said last year KC would have their hands full with Oakland and they did. They will again this year~

Hands full?

You guys prison raped us in the 2nd game.

Its more like "Asses full"

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM

I like alot of the things the Raiders have going for them. The rookie rb you have looks good. Your dline is scary but I just don't see how you got better this offseason. I still think it will be tough to beat you guys especially in the hole but i just can't justify you improving enough to win the division.

milkman
09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
The national media has a love affair with the Chargers.

I do think the Chargers are still the class of the division, because of Rivers, but it wasn't that long ago, '06 I think, that they finished 6-10 and they were declared by the national media to be the best 6-10 team ever.

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I know Chris Berman has a huge hard on for the Chargers. It pisses me off watching NFL live.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I do think the Chargers are still the class of the division, because of Rivers, but it wasn't that long ago, '06 I think, that they finished 6-10 and they were declared by the national media to be the best 6-10 team ever.

Oh I remember. Yes I do. I'll never forget hearing it all offseason.

THE CHARGERS ARE THE BEST TEAM TO NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh I remember. Yes I do. I'll never forget hearing it all offseason.

THE CHARGERS ARE THE BEST TEAM TO NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

I get that a team will be unlucky and loose a game or two from some blown play or something. But at what point do you just become a mediocre team?

RNR
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Hands full?

You guys prison raped us in the 2nd game.

Its more like "Asses full"

The first game was more of a measure IMO it could have went either way. The 2nd game KC was in OAK was out. Oak played reckless with nothing to lose. KC played tight and got rolled. KC has a young coach that should learn from that game as it hurt KC the following week~

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I get that a team will be unlucky and loose a game or two from some blown play or something. But at what point do you just become a mediocre team?

Chargers are basically the AFC's version of the Cowboys. It's irritating, but it's more irritating as a Chiefs fan because the Media basically has to shit on the rest of the division to prop the Chargers up.

They shit on the Chiefs and say last season was a fluke because of our schedule. Yet at the same time completely fail to acknowledge that SD played a damn near identical schedule.

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I am just tired of all the Chargers hoopla. But it likely will continue until .....well i dunno when .

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I am just tired of all the Chargers hoopla. But it likely will continue until .....well i dunno when .

Until Either the Chiefs find a Franchise QB or Cassel Develops into one. The only way to stop the Chargers Hype train is to slap them around.

RNR
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM

They had their window and it closed. Nobody from the west is a force. The Chargers hype is just that...hype~

O.city
09-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Until Either the Chiefs find a Franchise QB or Cassel Develops into one. The only way to stop the Chargers Hype train is to slap them around.

Hopefully. I hope we really get after Rivers. He seems to get frustrated when he is pressured and I think that is something we can do. If we can just match up with Gates and VJAX, which we should be able to do, I think we play them better this year. We could also get curb stomped again.

vailpass
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM
There is no reason the Chargers don't blow the doors off the West this year. If they don't that poxy son of a whore coaching them needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice.

O.city
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
There is no reason the Chargers don't blow the doors off the West this year. If they don't that poxy son of a whore coaching them needs to be terminated with extreme prejudice.

How are they so much better than everyone in the West? They went 3-3 against the div. last year. I think they will prob. win the division but I don't see a 13-3 record like some do.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Blah blah blah

Same story every year.

vailpass
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
How are they so much better than everyone in the West? They went 3-3 against the div. last year. I think they will prob. win the division but I don't see a 13-3 record like some do.

I didn't say they were going to be so much better, I said they should be. Last year they were first in yards and second in points. There is no substitute for a stud QB and Rivers is exactly that even though I don't like him. Their offense is simply better than any O in the West.

Losing Rivera may hurt them on D, I don't know. Maybe this is the year Oakland gets it together, I don't know but until some steps up and shows otherwise no reasonably prudent person can favor anyone but SD in the West.

vailpass
09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Blah blah blah

Same story every year.

I don't like it any better than you but truth is truth. They have the only franchise QB in the West and a D good enough to play with a lead.

O.city
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't like it any better than you but truth is truth. They have the only franchise QB in the West and a D good enough to play with a lead.

Agree with the first part. Don't think the D they have assembled will be what last years was.

RNR
09-07-2011, 04:59 PM

We shall see my friend...we shall see~

Gadzooks
09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
On every team there is a core group of players. When those Core group of players leave, get old, get injured, etc they are typically replaced with another good core set of players. Chargers have done a shit job at that lately.

AJ and co have done a shit job recently. Everyone in this city is screaming for his head. If he had been replenishing his depth you guys wouldn't have had the ST melt down that you had last season.

When this team was in its prime its core Players were:

Tomlinson
Rivers
Merriman
Jamaal Williams
Gates
V. Jax
Jammer
Osgood

Larry English was suppose to be Merriman's replacement and he's been a bust. He's usually injured, and when he actually takes the field he has no impact on the game. I doubt he even makes the team next season.

Matthews was suppose to replace Tomlinson. So far all he has shown is that he's injury prone and fumble prone. Dude showed up to camp way out of shape after skipping team workouts. He can't even win the starting job.

You have no one on the roster to replace Gates, and that horse is wearing down quickly.

You have no one on the roster to Replace V Jax who is almost certainly gone after this season.

You let your best ST player in Osgood go and still haven't found a replacement.

Sanders and Spikes are a stop gap. They've been trying to address the safety position for years and haven't been able to do it. Hence the Sanders signing and overpaying for Weddle.

So who are the Chargers, young, ascending core group of Players? Are they as good as the previous group? If not, they're descending.

Out of the 8 “Core players” you listed they still have 4 on the roster.
Here's who isn't:
Osgood - shouldn't be on the list. He sure is tearing it up in Jacksonville…His speed in kick coverage will be replaced this year by Richard Goodman.

Williams - Replaced by Antonio Garay who happened to be a fuckin' beast last season. Of course he is backed up by the greatest player ever drafted: Cam Thomas
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4f2AQ0trcQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Merriman - Well that's still up in the air with English's health but the Chargers D-line will put more pressure up the middle than they have for the past decade. Corey Liuget and Vaughn Martin have been awesome this preseason. (Liuget's the first rounder and Martin's the Canadian project that's finally coming through)

Tomlinson - Norf changed the offense to adapt to the rising Rivers and declining LT by making the O more pass happy. They also happen to have, the bowling ball, Tolbert and, LT wannabe, Mathews. That combo is much better than a declining LT.

VJax and Gates are great weapons but the offense doesn’t skip a beat when they're out.

The Chiefs are fucked this year because the Chargers are, in fact, ascending.

ModSocks
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Out of the 8 “Core players” you listed they still have 4 on the roster.
Here's who isn't:
Osgood - shouldn't be on the list. He sure is tearing it up in Jacksonville…His speed in kick coverage will be replaced this year by Richard Goodman.

Williams - Replaced by Antonio Garay who happened to be a ****in' beast last season. Of course he is backed up by the greatest player ever drafted: Cam Thomas
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4f2AQ0trcQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Merriman - Well that's still up in the air with English's health but the Chargers D-line will put more pressure up the middle than they have for the past decade. Corey Liuget and Vaughn Martin have been awesome this preseason. (Liuget's the first rounder and Martin's the Canadian project that's finally coming through)

Tomlinson - Norf changed the offense to adapt to the rising Rivers and declining LT by making the O more pass happy. They also happen to have, the bowling ball, Tolbert and, LT wannabe, Mathews. That combo is much better than a declining LT.

VJax and Gates are great weapons but the offense doesn’t skip a beat when they're out.

The Chiefs are ****ed this year because the Chargers are, in fact, ascending.

Osgood was a special teams Ace. I can't believe you typed that with a straight face. His absence was CLEARLY missed.

Liuget has been getting his shit pushed in in the running game this preseason. He has Looked FAR from good. He looks like exactly what he is. A Rookie DE in a 3-4. Everytime I see him play I salivate. I know the Chiefs will run right at his ass.

Vjax will be gone next season and there is no one on that roster to step up and take his place. And you can't depend on Gates to finish a season. Who's behind him?

The Offense didn't miss a beat without them?

That's hilarious. Because whenever we talk about your 9-7 record, you Charger fans always blame it on the fact that you didn't have VJax and Gates.

Can't have it both ways patna.

It's ok. The team just doesn't have the talent on it that it had 3-4 years ago. DESCENDING.

CoMoChief
09-07-2011, 05:42 PM

omg

hot...

Gadzooks
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Please see my responses below"
Osgood was a special teams Ace. I can't believe you typed that with a straight face. His absence was CLEARLY missed.
Last year he was missed. This year will be a different story.
Liuget has been getting his shit pushed in the running game this preseason. He has Looked FAR from good. He looks like exactly what he is. A Rookie DE in a 3-4. Everytime I see him play I salivate. I know the Chiefs will run right at his ass.
You must have been reading that on the walls of the bathroom stalls. He's been very disruptive in the preseason
Vjax will be gone next season and there is no one on that roster to step up and take his place. And you can't depend on Gates to finish a season. Who's behind him? We would be getting into Charger minutia if I had to explain the plan. Either way, Rivers makes Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit. Both players are great but they can be replaced. BTW - VJax can be tagged again if need be.

The Offense didn't miss a beat without them?

That's hilarious. Because whenever we talk about your 9-7 record, you Charger fans always blame it on the fact that you didn't have VJax and Gates.
I've never said that. I solely blame Special Teams. We acquired one of the top ST Coaches & the rule change helps.
ASCENDING!!!11!!!!

whoman69
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
They have Norv which by definition means they're descending.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-07-2011, 07:59 PM
That’s preposterous.

Cause they won 9 games with an easy schedule last year? Cause they lost to the Cincinnati Bengals in a must-win game?

Mama Hip Rockets
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
the chiefs fans are becoming delusional, just because they won the division last year by a fluke. they keep coming up with reason with why the chargers are declining (wishful thinking). While expert around the league unanimously pick the chargers to win the division they keep telling themselves eh we are better than the chargers. The chargers don't even think about KC, they go into the season planning to beat the Pats and the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl, KC not even in the back of their consciousness (the truth).

ROFL

What an idiot.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
However as long as they have Rivers under center they are the class of the division.

No, they are not. They lost the division last year. You are not the class of the division when you lose the division.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
So, the Chargers have been mauled by the Patriots, beaten the awful, awful Vikings at home by 7 points, beaten the awful, awful Chiefs at home by 3 points, and beaten the awful, awful Dolphins at home by 10 points after their starting QB went out of the game with an injury.

I still don't see what's so special about them.

Bowser
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
So, the Chargers have been mauled by the Patriots, beaten the awful, awful Vikings at home by 7 points, beaten the awful, awful Chiefs at home by 3 points, and beaten the awful, awful Dolphins at home by 10 points after their starting QB went out of the game with an injury.

I still don't see what's so special about them.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Yeah, he's having a REALLY great year. He has made mincemeat of the great defenses of the Vikings, Patriots, Chiefs, and Dolphins.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-31-2011, 10:39 PM
THE CHARGERS ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
"The Chargers are too cool for school." -- Steve Young

Gadzooks
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
You weren't posting this shit before the game. Classy, 'lil' big man.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 11:45 AM

What are you talking about, buttmunch? I created this thread before the season even started.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM

:thumb:

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
That’s preposterous.

Yeah. You're right. They're really on the uppity up.

TheSourceX1
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
What are you talking about, buttmunch? I created this thread before the season even started.

"buttmunch" ... went old school on him :thumb:

SD still the sweethearts of the media ... even the msn sports articles are about how horrible the Chiefs are and how SD lost the game on their own. Pretty sure the defense and home crowd had a bit to do with everything but rivers fumble ... anyone make a gif of rivers mouthing "worse night ever" please please have this in the works.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM

They've won their 4 games now. Lucky lucky guys. Do you think they'll go 0-9 the rest of the way?

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM

ROFL

Molitoth
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I guess I'd rather be a fan of an over-achieving team that is supposed to suck.... than an under-achieving team whom is supposed to be great.

whoman69
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
The Chargers obviously have a lot of talent, but they shoot themselves in the foot. Ryan was right, they should have had 2 super bowl rings. That said, that game should have been a rout last night if the refs don't blow those fumble calls in the first half. Cassel needs to stop disappearing for chunks of the game. We let them back in with the 3rd quarter.

ModSocks
11-01-2011, 04:17 PM
The Chargers obviously have a lot of talent, but they shoot themselves in the foot. Ryan was right, they should have had 2 super bowl rings. That said, that game should have been a rout last night if the refs don't blow those fumble calls in the first half. Cassel needs to stop disappearing for chunks of the game. We let them back in with the 3rd quarter.

They Don't obviously have a lot of talent. What they have is Philip Rivers. Where is all this talent that everyone speaks of?

ModSocks
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM

Sure looked like a descending team to me......

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
They Don't obviously have a lot of talent. What they have is Philip Rivers. Where is all this talent that everyone speaks of?

But, but, they have Vincent Jackson! Speaking of overrated douches, why does everybody slobber over this guy like he's the next Jerry Rice? He has only had 2 thousand-yard seasons in his career (with a guy who is supposedly one of the top QBs in football throwing to him), and has never had more than 9 touchdowns. Here are his full season stats:

Yards: 453, 623, 1098, 1167
TDs: 6, 3, 7, 9

Last year he only played in 5 games cause he's a giant douchebag who held out and got suspended. For the entire season he mustered a whopping 248 yards.

This season he is 21st in the NFL in receiving yards.

I am sick and tired of hearing how this guy is among the best WRs in the league. There was a poll question on espn.com before the game, and 55-60 percent of fans said they would rather have this dickpecker than Dwayne Bowe. WTF?

Mama Hip Rockets
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.thefastertimes.com/nflpredictions/files/2011/06/philip-rivers1.jpg

ChiefFripp
11-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I guess it's easier than actually doing their research. And probably because they would be picked on by their peers if they picked any other team in the AFC:W.

Caseyguyrr
11-10-2011, 11:22 PM
talent doesnt mean dick if you cant use it

KcMizzou
11-10-2011, 11:28 PM
The Chargers always start slow. They're about to tear it up and win the Super Bowl.

/90% of NFL analysts for the past decade

Mama Hip Rockets
11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
The Chargers always start slow. They're about to tear it up and win the Super Bowl.

/90% of NFL analysts for the past decade

I wonder if NFL.com still thinks they're one of the top 4 Super Bowl contenders.

Caseyguyrr
11-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I wonder if NFL.com still thinks they're one of the top 4 Super Bowl contenders.

they probably still have them playing green bay in the super bowl, i think the only worse prediction they make is saying the patriots will make it ROFL

-King-
11-10-2011, 11:44 PM
I've never seen a QB go from good to just terrible in such a short time. Rivers just flat out sucks now.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-10-2011, 11:44 PM
they probably still have them playing green bay in the super bowl, i think the only worse prediction they make is saying the patriots will make it ROFL

The Patriots are way better than the Chargers.

KcMizzou
11-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I've never seen a QB go from good to just terrible in such a short time. Rivers just flat out sucks now.He's been a mix of Elvis Grbac and Jeff George.

MMXcalibur
11-10-2011, 11:47 PM
I've said it for the past 4 years. The Chargers favorite time of the year is preseason, because that's when every media member is on their knees for these clowns. It gets tiresome when anyone brings up the AFC West and they immediately think "Oh yeah, the Chargers for sure." when it hasn't been that way going on two years now.

Epic Fail 007
11-10-2011, 11:47 PM

I agree,certainly would not call him elite

Epic Fail 007
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Your and idiot.

No hes right,your the idiot .Im sick of this bs if someone dose not agree with you assholes you disrespect them!grow the fuck up!

bricks
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Can we say the word, "overrated" to the Chargers. Oh wait, I like go **** yourself Diego better

MMXcalibur
11-11-2011, 01:09 AM

The Chargers have lost four games in a row and they suck shit. Sorry, just the facts.

11-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Now we get to spend a couple weeks listening to the media ask "Whats wrong with the Chargers?"

Mama Hip Rockets
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Now we get to spend a couple weeks listening to the media ask "Whats wrong with the Chargers?"

"They are CLEARLY the best team in the AFC West. They have just had bad luck, bad defense, bad special teams, bad offense, and bad coaching. But they are so TALENTED!"

whoman69
11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm hoping they can turn it around in time to beat the Raiders in week 17.

TEX
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
He's been a mix of Elvis Grbac and Jeff George.

:LOL:

Easy 6
11-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I for one, wish to express my sincerest support for the venerable Norv Turner.

Long May He Reign in San Diego.

rageeumr
11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Has Rivers always had such a weirdly short-looking throwing motion? I don't remember seeing it before this year. Every throw last night looked like he was trying to throw a screen pass.

milkman
11-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Has Rivers always had such a weirdly short-looking throwing motion? I don't remember seeing it before this year. Every throw last night looked like he was trying to throw a screen pass.

His mechanics have always been unorthodox.

O.city
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I just don't think the talent level of the Chargers is near as high as everyone thought it was. Jackson looks like he has already checked out of town. Their oline is in shambles and Matthews can't stay on the field.

Without a running game, no qb in the league can survive for very long.

Marcellus
11-11-2011, 09:55 PM
As long as Norv is coach they will underachieve. They may win the division, but they aren't going anywhere.

You know, Phillip Whiny Ass Rivers.

Sound familiar now?

Yea I think I called it.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Another wildly successful 8-8 season. Congratulations, Chargers.

Dexter Manley
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
The "US media" loves the Chargers. Why?

Um... I don't think you want my answer there...

Mama Hip Rockets
01-02-2012, 08:48 AM
The "US media" loves the Chargers. Why?

Um... I don't think you want my answer there...

Uh...okay?

Dexter Manley
01-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Uh...okay?

My answer belongs in DC, not here.

Needless to say, the Charger franchise's problems stem from the owner, and the local media coverage of the owner...