What if RG3 were white?!?

He wouldn't be as good, duhh

Chief_For_Life58
11-20-2011, 10:00 PM
What if RG3 were white?!?

Hed be the first pick in the draft ahead of luck

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Try linking to back up your claims. I have come out on the right side of pre-draft player assessments more often than not. The difference is I respectfully consider other people's opinions and arguments and don't feel the need to belittle them or call them stupid to feel like a man.

FYP ;)

Maybe if you presented an actual argument rather than stupid player comparisons, I would respect you. What causes your comparison to Akili Smith?

Further, what good does your anecdotal comparison do? You don't evaluate his footwork or accuracy or decision making... you make a stupid player comparison because he is a mobile QB who happens to be black.

whoman69
11-20-2011, 10:28 PM
When Robert Griffin III walks off into the sunset, the sun is actually running from him.

Presidents and heads of state hope to have RG3 on their daily itinerary.

RG3's sweat stained practice jerseys are used as religious items in some circles.

Chuck Norris asked RG3 to teach him some fighting moves.

RG3 won't need a housekeeper. His floor wouldn't dare get dirty.

Frankie
11-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Maybe if you presented an actual argument rather than stupid player comparisons, I would respect you. What causes your comparison to Akili Smith?

Further, what good does your anecdotal comparison do? You don't evaluate his footwork or accuracy or decision making... you make a stupid player comparison because he is a mobile QB who happens to be black.

Maybe if you were interested enough to read all of my posts in this thread PRIOR to the Akili Smith one I'd consider you a non-troll.

I did talk about everything I saw wrong with this guy many posts before but you form a judgement based on one post without bothering to check how the conversation started. :shake:

RealSNR
11-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Maybe if you were interested enough to read all of my posts in this thread PRIOR to the Akili Smith one I'd consider you a non-troll.

I did talk about everything I saw wrong with this guy many posts before but you form a judgement based on one post without bothering to check how the conversation started. :shake:I don't blame him. He was just that stunned by your idiotic and hateful Akili Smith comparison.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 10:52 PM

I did talk about everything I saw wrong with this guy many posts before but you form a judgement based on one post without bothering to check how the conversation started. :shake:

Your brilliant commentary consisted of "He threw to guys who were wide-open!"

He had the acumen to use good footwork, keep plays alive with his feet, throw accurately to said receivers, and work through progressions. But I saw zero mention of any of that in your post. Instead, you compared him to a run-first gimmick QB from the 90s. But maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Frankie
11-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Your brilliant commentary consisted of "He threw to guys who were wide-open!"

He had the acumen to use good footwork, keep plays alive with his feet, throw accurately to said receivers, and work through progressions. But I saw zero mention of any of that in your post. Instead, you compared him to a run-first gimmick QB from the 90s. But maybe I'm splitting hairs.

Again you did not read the posts. I talked about his slow wind up. His inaccuracy with tight passes, etc. But keep posting from the ONE tangent your mind is traveling on.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Again you did not read the posts. I talked about his slow wind up. His inaccuracy with tight passes, etc. But keep posting from the ONE tangent your mind is traveling on.

So you made one post with two factually incorrect statements and expect that to qualify? :huh:

RG3 has an appropriate throwing motion and a quick release. Furthermore, his ball placement, while not currently ideal has improved each year. You also stated he is a one-year wonder, which is inaccurate. Even in 2010 he was making an impression.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:33 PM
I think most everyone likes Griffins talent but he's most likely a guy that needs to sit for a year and be groomed.

Frankie
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Look, I say them ONE MORE TIME in this thread and make comparisons to Landry Jones, since they played against each other last. And then I'm outa here not giving a flying sh!t whether you ladies wanna agree with me or with the hype:

1- Accuracy:

RG3 was only hitting ridiculously wide open WRs and missing tight passes.
LJ was threading the needle all night.

2- Windup motion:

RG3 = George Foreman
LJ = Muhammad Ali

3- Throwing different passes with zip or when zip had to be taken off (screen passes, etc.):

RG3 mediocre to good.
LJ good to excellent.

4- Footwork:

RG3 OK at best but no better than LJ's.

5- Career consistancy:

RG3 = One year wonder (so far).
LJ = Steadily improving every year.

6- Arm strength:

Jury out on both.

There. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it. No sense in continuing this debate as things will only get repetitious.

If my choice came down to these two I'd take Landry Jones over RG3 in a heartbeat.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Landry Jones is a shit prospect I'm sorry, I feel for the team that ends up with him.

Frankie
11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Landry Jones is a shit prospect I'm sorry, I feel for the team that ends up with him.

I keep seeing this expression posted without anybody telling me why.

AustinChief
11-20-2011, 11:41 PM

Ok, I'm not 100% sold on RG3 yet but let's be honest here... His throwing motion is just fine and he does NOT have a slow wind up. His accuracy is also fine except when he is under pressure.. but that can be said about most PRO QBs.

Here is what you can legitimately say is wrong with him...

He isn't super tall at 6'2" (I'll wait for the combine to see how accurate this is)
He looks a little light and could stand to add 10 lbs.

There are also a few unknowns...

He has not been asked to make too many pre-snap reads or call his own plays.. BUT he is an intelligent guy and I doubt this will be an issue.

I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on, but I've watched most of his games this year and I just don't see it.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
His arm is marginal, he's in the spread offense and without Ryan Broyles he looked completely awful. He folds often, he just doesn't have it.

People talk about Luck, Barkley and Griffin Jones isn't even as good as Brandon Weeden.

AustinChief
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
I think most everyone likes Griffins talent but he's most likely a guy that needs to sit for a year and be groomed.

Probably.. although I don't think you would "ruin" him by starting him right away if needed... but it will take him time to adjust to being a true pro style QB.

AustinChief
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM

I can't stand him and have not seen ONE thing about him that impresses me... to be fair, I haven't really analyzed his play much... but again that's because he hasn't impressed me enough to make it worth my time I guess.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm not overly sure what Griffins upside truly is, he has a really different kind of skillset than most QB's. Super duper fast but he's a better college passer than Vick or Young ever were.

It's tough to say..not sure he'll stay healthy at the NFL level though.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Ok, I'm not 100% sold on RG3 yet but let's be honest here... His throwing motion is just fine and he does NOT have a slow wind up. His accuracy is also fine except when he is under pressure.. but that can be said about most PRO QBs.

He isn't super tall at 6'2" (I'll wait for the combine to see how accurate this is)

He has not been asked to make too many pre-snap reads or call his own plays.. BUT he is an intelligent guy and I doubt this will be an issue.

A whole lot of this! He relies on the coaching staff to make the play call and adjustments. But that can be taught and the guy clearly has a strong football IQ. I think 6'2" is adequate height, but he definitely needs to add bulk. He needs to play at 240 with his current playstyle. But his frame appears to be able to add that bulk. JMO.

Look: I'm not saying RG3 is a sure-fire prospect. But he is certainly top-5 intriguing.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:48 PM
A whole lot of this! He relies on the coaching staff to make the play call and adjustments. But that can be taught and the guy clearly has a strong football IQ. I think 6'2" is adequate height, but he definitely needs to add bulk. He needs to play at 240 with his current playstyle. But his frame appears to be able to add that bulk. JMO.

Look: I'm not saying RG3 is a sure-fire prospect. But he is certainly top-5 intriguing.

Don't worry, we'll watch our team draft Matt Kalil.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Don't worry, we'll watch our team draft Matt Kalil.

FML. Good to see you back Mecca.

okcchief
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
I watch every OU game.

Landry Jones will NOT be a good NFL QB.

Luck, Barkley or Griffin are 3 QBs I'd be happy with us taking round 1. I really think we might have a shot at Griffin or Barkley. If they are there and we don't take one I will snap. Unless, Stanzi is given a shot and looks like the real fucking deal.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
FML. Good to see you back Mecca.

I try to pop in here and there, life is hectic sometimes.

Nightfyre
11-20-2011, 11:51 PM
If we make every effort to get either Luck or RG3, I could settle for Tannehill if everything fell through. But he's a 2-3 year project himself.

AustinChief
11-20-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm not overly sure what Griffins upside truly is, he has a really different kind of skillset than most QB's. Super duper fast but he's a better college passer than Vick or Young ever were.

It's tough to say..not sure he'll stay healthy at the NFL level though.

That worries me as well, but he has recovered fine from the ONE injury he had and I don't think you draft around him because of it.

okcchief
11-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Landry honestly reminds me of Cassel with more talent around him. I will be convinced God hates me if the Chiefs draft him.

HoneyBadger
11-20-2011, 11:55 PM
God hates the Chiefs, anyone who likes this team should know that.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM

I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion on, but I've watched most of his games this year and I just don't see it.

6'2 is fine. Rodgers is the same

AustinChief
11-21-2011, 02:12 AM
6'2 is fine. Rodgers is the same

It's fine if he really is 6'2".. I don't trust college measurements. Although he looks like he really is 6'2"...

Speaking of Rodgers, if RG3 was white I bet you more people would be calling him a poor man's Aaron Rodgers right now.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2011, 04:36 AM
It's fine if he really is 6'2".. I don't trust college measurements. Although he looks like he really is 6'2"...

Speaking of Rodgers, if RG3 was white I bet you more people would be calling him a poor man's Aaron Rodgers right now.

nah, I'd still say he is in the Steve Young vein.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
:

1- Accuracy:

I have not seen RGIII that much, and only the second half Saturday. During the second half, I saw him fit a few balls right on the money to covered receivers when he was under pressure and on a dead run rolling out to the sideline. The receivers did not come up with the catch on most of thse, but still he gave the receivers a chance to make the catch. And maybe on one of the biggest plays of the game... 4th and 11 from around the OU 35, when the score was tied at 24 IIRC... he stuck a pass right on his receiver, who was blanketed by the defender, to move the chains. Baylor scored right after that to take a 7 point lead. (Yes there was a penalty on OU one the play, but the throw was in the only place it could have been to be caught.)

Dave Lane
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Landry honestly reminds me of Cassel with more talent around him. I will be convinced God hates me if the Chiefs draft him.

Hell even I'll admit it!

Dave Lane
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

IF Griffin can get the football IQ of a Rodgers then RG = Rodgers.

Rausch
11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I have not seen RGIII that much, and only the second half Saturday. During the second half, I saw him fit a few balls right on the money to covered receivers when he was under pressure and on a dead run rolling out to the sideline. The receivers did not come up with the catch on most of thse, but still he gave the receivers a chance to make the catch. And maybe on one of the biggest plays of the game... 4th and 11 from around the OU 35, when the score was tied at 24 IIRC... he stuck a pass right on his receiver, who was blanketed by the defender, to move the chains. Baylor scored right after that to take a 7 point lead. (Yes there was a penalty on OU one the play, but the throw was in the only place it could have been to be caught.)

I've only watched him in that game and the Mizzou game.

Do not want...

The Franchise
11-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I'd be happy with any one of these three QBs.

Luck
RGIII
Barkley

Mr_Tomahawk
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Why hasn't anyone photoshopped RG3 into a red and gold uni yet? :D

Hammock Parties
11-21-2011, 12:47 PM
The Patriot Way is racist as fuck, so don't expect us to draft any black QBs.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I've only watched him in that game and the Mizzou game.

Do not want...

He must have really sucked ass against Mizzou then... 'cause he looked damn good against the Sooners.

whoman69
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
The Patriot Way is racist as ****, so don't expect us to draft any black QBs.

ID10T post of the day.

Brock
11-21-2011, 12:58 PM
The Patriot Way is racist as fuck, so don't expect us to draft any black QBs.

Michael Bishop.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
He must have really sucked ass against Mizzou then... 'cause he looked damn good against the Sooners.

Highlights, but it doesn't look like suckitude.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OoPh7WL24r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Would you take Russell Martin over RGIII?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Would you take Russell Martin over RGIII?

Hell no...

Chris Meck
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
so, I've not watched any Griffin footage until this little highlight film a few posts up against Missouri.

There is not one play in that highlight package that would indicate to me that he's NFL QB material. Not one.

I'm not saying he definitively ISNT NFL QB material, but there's not one play on that reel that says he is. I see lots of WR screens, a couple of short throws over the middle off play action, I see him throwing a couple behind receivers who made nice plays on the ball, and then lots of him pulling the ball down and taking off.

If that's indicative of his game, I'd say hell no to anything before about round 5. He might make an interesting slash type player.

Micjones
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
The kid was so gutsy in the game against OU. I'd be honored if he joined this team.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
so, I've not watched any Griffin footage until this little highlight film a few posts up against Missouri.

There is not one play in that highlight package that would indicate to me that he's NFL QB material. Not one.

I'm not saying he definitively ISNT NFL QB material, but there's not one play on that reel that says he is. I see lots of WR screens, a couple of short throws over the middle off play action, I see him throwing a couple behind receivers who made nice plays on the ball, and then lots of him pulling the ball down and taking off.

If that's indicative of his game, I'd say hell no to anything before about round 5. He might make an interesting slash type player.

I think if we wait until round 5 to try and get RGIII, we might miss out.

If nothing else, that long TD pass had to impreress you just a little bit didn't it?

The Bad Guy
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I keep seeing this expression posted without anybody telling me why.

You will love him. He's white.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM

And the only footage I've seen of Andrew Luck is a short clip of him from the USC game where he threw a pick-6 in the 4th. No way would I touch this guy in the 1st rnd.

whoman69
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Look, I say them ONE MORE TIME in this thread and make comparisons to Landry Jones, since they played against each other last. And then I'm outa here not giving a flying sh!t whether you ladies wanna agree with me or with the hype:

1- Accuracy:

LJ was threading the needle all night.

2- Windup motion:

RG3 = George Foreman
LJ = Muhammad Ali

3- Throwing different passes with zip or when zip had to be taken off (screen passes, etc.):

RG3 mediocre to good.
LJ good to excellent.

4- Footwork:

RG3 OK at best but no better than LJ's.

5- Career consistancy:

RG3 = One year wonder (so far).
LJ = Steadily improving every year.

6- Arm strength:

Jury out on both.

There. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it. No sense in continuing this debate as things will only get repetitious.

If my choice came down to these two I'd take Landry Jones over RG3 in a heartbeat.

I think you're trying to make the argument fit the circumstances. RG3 is not a one year wonder. In 2008 he was the B12 Newcomer of the Year. After an injury in 2009 he was a semi-finalist for the Maxwell and Campbell awards in 2010.

On the final play the guy threw a rope out of the pocket cross field from 25 yards out. Arm strength is ok. Footwork is going to be a work in progress as he moves from the Baylor hybrid option to a pro set. I don't see any Tim Tebow in his motion.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
You will love him. He's white.

LMAO

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 01:35 PM

TD passes at 1:55 and 3:10 aren't quality throws?

Frankie
11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Highlights, but it doesn't look like suckitude.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OoPh7WL24r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights are overrated. I bet Clay can put together an awesome highlights clips of Matt Cassel.

Frankie
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM

I didn't even bother with the clip. But what you describe IS indicative of his game. People here are just mesmerized by stats and hype.

Chris Meck
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM
And the only footage I've seen of Andrew Luck is a short clip of him from the USC game where he threw a pick-6 in the 4th. No way would I touch this guy in the 1st rnd.

Right. Well, this was a HIGHLIGHT reel, yeah? If a Luck HIGHLIGHT reel had nothing but a pick 6 on it I'd agree with you. It's that whole highlight reel thing, see?:spock:

Frankie
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I think you're trying to make the argument fit the circumstances. RG3 is not a one year wonder. In 2008 he was the B12 Newcomer of the Year. After an injury in 2009 he was a semi-finalist for the Maxwell and Campbell awards in 2010.

On the final play the guy threw a rope out of the pocket cross field from 25 yards out. Arm strength is ok. Footwork is going to be a work in progress as he moves from the Baylor hybrid option to a pro set. I don't see any Tim Tebow in his motion.

OK, I'll take the "one-year-wonder" thing back. But I believe I'm pretty right on the other stuff.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Highlights are overrated. I bet Clay can put together an awesome highlights clips of Matt Cassel.

Put it this way JihadFrankie, 66% completion percentage, throwing for over 400 yards, 3 TD passes and 1 rushing TD is putting the team on your shoulders and leading them to victory. It's not just a highlight or two ala Cassel.

Molitoth
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I know it's not typical NFL football, but neither was toss sweeps with Priest Holmes.
A read option with RG3/McCluster may work very nicely in the NFL because defenses would have to do something completely different than normal... imagine that speed around the edge! Then fake it every once in awhile like Nebraska does and bomb it downfield.... (RG3 has WAY better accuracy/arm than the pathetic Taylor Martinez)

The Bad Guy
11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Toss/Sweeps weren't typical football? Since when?

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
OK, I'll take the "one-year-wonder" thing back. But I believe I'm pretty right on the other stuff.

You were dead-on regarding his accuracy problems. He barely completes 70% of his passes even though he throws downfield regularly.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
People here are just mesmerized by stats and hype.

Damn! And all this time I thought it was his play that I was mesmerized by. I thought his poise, pocket presence, and accuracy on his throws Saturday were unbelievable.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
You were dead-on regarding his accuracy problems. He barely completes 70% of his passes even though he throws downfield regularly.

His 3rd and long and 4th down completion percentages are higher than Barkley and Jones. Frankie is dead wrong about a lot of things.

Graystoke
11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I can't keep up with who we are sucking for anymore.

Is it all right that we just suck?:banghead:

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Must. Draft. QB.

If we end up with yet another top-5 pick and don't go QB, we deserve never to sniff a SB.

KCUnited

Since Thomas Jones has set them back 100 years.

Molitoth

They are run every once in awhile from what I see; but tell me what team is using that method as often as the Priest Holmes era Chiefs teams.

I'm not saying I'm right, just telling you what I see on sportscenter/NFLN.

Ebolapox
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM

I'm ok with that.

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
His 3rd and long and 4th down completion percentages are higher than Barkley and Jones. Frankie is dead wrong about a lot of things.

The guy who had more TD passes than incompletions after 5 games just isn't accurate. He's pretty much a Tony Rice clone.

BryanBusby
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
RG3 is liek Ray Charles

Chris Meck
11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Hey, I'm just saying on THAT REEL there's nothing that says NFL QUARTERBACK.

that's it. I make no broader statement.

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
RG3 is liek Ray Charles

More like a young Michael Jackson.

Coogs
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey, I'm just saying on THAT REEL there's nothing that says NFL QUARTERBACK.

that's it. I make no broader statement.

I see 3 throws that are pretty nice in that clip (4 actually, but I will just go with 3 for now).

1st one at 1:57 mark. Rolling out of pocket to his right, fires a TD pass while on the move that is on a rope (35 yards in the air).

2nd one is at 2:27 mark. 15 yard square in/skinny post that is right in stride.

3rd one is at 3:08 mark. 50-60 yard pass that hits the receiver right in stride.

I'd take all three of those throws anytime from our Chiefs QB's. And I saw him throw those same type passes Saturday in big situations. Very poised in a pressure packed game.

Rausch
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM

The one TD was an impressive "QB play."

Outside of that I saw some option, plays breaking down and he just tucked and ran (using athletic ability,) and a ton of plays where he ran his drop and passed to the intended target.

No looking off, no 2nd or 3rd read, just "throw or go."

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 03:50 PM
The one TD was an impressive "QB play."

Outside of that I saw some option, plays breaking down and he just tucked and ran (using athletic ability,) and a ton of plays where he ran his drop and passed to the intended target.

No looking off, no 2nd or 3rd read, just "throw or go."

Here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xURPOglz7hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Some fantastic throws in that vid vs TCU. The kid is a beast.
It is annoying how often Baylor runs the bubble screen, but RG3's passes are quick and accurate during them (unlike Cassel).

Rausch
11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xURPOglz7hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This doesn't help your cause it hurts it.

I'm no expert but I think I saw 4 plays from that whole highlight reel where he looked off the intended target and completed the pass.

I won't question his talent. He moves like a WR and has a legit QB arm.

He just hasn't been asked to do much and that worries me when he steps up...

Frankie
11-21-2011, 05:58 PM
High yardage and completion % numbers are and have been very common in the history of College Football. Most of those QBs with gaudy numbers never got drafted or never amounted to much in the NFL. I'm not saying RG3 won't have a career in the NFL as a QB. But I don't see much evidence of a future elite NFL QB here.

Nightfyre
11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
This thread went full retard overnight. I'm done here. This fanbase doesn't deserve a franchise qb, he would never even get a chance.

OnTheWarpath15
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
This thread went full retard overnight. I'm done here. This fanbase doesn't deserve a franchise qb, he would never even get a chance.

Yep. You'd see complete role reversal.

The dipshits that made every excuse under the sun for Cassel would be impatient as fuck with a rookie - while the guys that knew Cassel was a mistake from Day One would be patient with a rookie.

whoman69
11-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Realistically any rookie is going to have growing pains. Guys like Dalton, Rothliesberger and Ryan who win in year one are not the norm. Our advantage is there is a lot of talent on this team if we fix our gaping holes. Look at Cam Newton. Guy obviously is a quality QB but he's making mistakes week after week that are causing his team. If we wait too long, our young talent will be gone.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
This doesn't help your cause it hurts it.

I'm no expert but I think I saw 4 plays from that whole highlight reel where he looked off the intended target and completed the pass.

I won't question his talent. He moves like a WR and has a legit QB arm.

He just hasn't been asked to do much and that worries me when he steps up...

In the Oklahoma game, RGIII was impressive as hell with standing in the pocket in the face of extreme pressure. Eyes downfield. No Cassel-smelling urine on the field.

He's the goods.

Saul Good
11-21-2011, 10:23 PM
High yardage and completion % numbers are and have been very common in the history of College Football. Most of those QBs with gaudy numbers never got drafted or never amounted to much in the NFL. I'm not saying RG3 won't have a career in the NFL as a QB. But I don't see much evidence of a future elite NFL QB here.

Those kind of accuracy numbers are not common for a guy who throws the ball down the field as often as Griffin does. The guy uses his legs to buy time so that he can throw the ball down the field. When he has to tuck and run, he just happens to have world class speed and leaping ability.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
ipetitions.com

evolve27
11-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Bump

jd1020
11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Bump

Good thing you bumped this thread. No one had posted in it in 30 mins!

Sam Hall
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Dear RG3,

I want you to have a great NFL Combine, but save your best for your career in the red and gold.

Sincerely,

This Bored Chiefs Fan

O.city
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm starting to think this might be the guy we target.

He's smart ( political science masters degree and accepted to law school)

Accurate

Strong arm

3 year starter.

Ming the Merciless
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/o/owned-14116.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
I'm starting to think he will be gone by the time we pick...

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM

unless we are seriously offering anything for the guy with the belief we have the corps to make a legit run to the SB. With proper FA signings depending on the pool it could work.

prhom
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Seems likely, as someone else here said, the Eagles will take him if he's there for sure. I think we'll draft later than the Eagles.

Sam Hall
12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/o/owned-14116.jpg

You must be a Raiders fan.

O.city
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
What is the Eagles record?

They gave Vick 100 mil. He's the qb there for the foreseable future. They would be better off drafting Blackmon or trading back trying to get lbs to go wiht that defens.e

Mr_Tomahawk
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Washington

Miami

Seattle

Cleveland

Are a few of the teams who will probably be drafting ahead of us and could take RG3.

*Disclaimer: Colts take Luck #1 overall obviously.

Sam Hall
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
My overly simplistic offseason plan for the Chiefs.

1. Draft RG3 in the first round.

2. Draft Keleche Osemele in the second round.

3. Draft Montee Ball in the third round. I love the guy, especially as Charles' backup.

4. Focus on defense in free agency.

Pitt Gorilla
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd love to get Griffin.

KCBOSS1
12-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Crap no

RealSNR
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
My overly simplistic offseason plan for the Chiefs.

1. Draft RG3 in the first round.

2. Draft Keleche Osemele in the second round.

3. Draft Montee Ball in the third round. I love the guy, especially as Charles' backup.

4. Focus on defense in free agency.Q: What's the only thing worse than Penn State RBs?

A: Wisconsin RBs

Mr_Tomahawk
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Q: What's the only thing worse than Penn State RBs?

This.

And he will be gone in the 3rd anyway...

RealSNR
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I told you all REPEATEDLY that the Bears fucking suck, and that we would beat them.

But did you listen to me? Nooooooooooo

Frankie
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
What is the Eagles record?

They gave Vick 100 mil. He's the qb there for the foreseable future. They would be better off drafting Blackmon or trading back trying to get lbs to go wiht that defens.e

Eagles are in a far better QB situation than us, down to their 3rd stringer (Kafka).

Frankie
12-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I told you all REPEATEDLY that the Bears ****ing suck, and that we would beat them.

But did you listen to me? Nooooooooooo

It took three incredible flukes each worth 6 points to beat them. Let's not get carried away.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2011, 06:00 PM
He'll be playing The Washington Huskies in The Alamo Bowl.

Sam Hall
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Q: What's the only thing worse than Penn State RBs?

I don't live in the past.

acarter25
12-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I want this guy so damn bad. I can't imagine the excitement around this team in the near future. I have a feeling its going to be real nice being a Chiefs fan in the upcoming decade.

jd1020
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I want this guy so damn bad. I can't imagine the excitement around this team in the near future. I have a feeling its going to be real nice being a Chiefs fan in the upcoming decade.

You are getting too excited. You better settle down before draft day or I'm afraid you'll put a bullet in your head.

SPATCH
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM

wtf are you doing dude?

i mean, at the very least, that's just bad juju

acarter25
12-05-2011, 10:45 PM
wtf are you doing dude?

i mean, at the very least, that's just bad juju

Nope, its going to work out. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I all of a sudden believe in what is going on here.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:14 PM
It's been discussed in this way but I'll dive in again.

Say RGIII wins the Heisman. Meanwhile the Chiefs are suffering thru a terrible offensive year. The GM to be named later, sees this, as well as a young up and coming defense and decides "I've gotta do something to jumpstart this offense and put asses in seats so Clark will let me run amuck in my badass trenchcoat on the sidelines on gameday" .

The Chiefs meanwhile continue to play well on defense the rest of the way out and finish with a top 10 defensive unit, waiting to add it's big playmaker back from injury in 2012. The offense sputters along with enough shining moments from the wr core to make said GM think "asses in seats" "Heisman" HMMMMMM. .........

We go Jets 09 and trade up and draft RGIII, adding a few free agents and draft picks.

jd1020
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
GM to be named later? Wtf? Pioli isn't going anywhere. Haley and Muir on the other hand...

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
GM to be named later? Wtf? Pioli isn't going anywhere. Haley and Muir on the other hand...

I just didn't wanna say his name with al the hate getting thrown around.

He's gonna be in Kc for a long time.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
And raise your hand if you would be upset if that scenario went down?

58kcfan89
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
And raise your hand if you would be upset if that scenario went down?

*Loads gun to shoot at people who raise hand...*

I <3 RG3.

jd1020
12-05-2011, 11:25 PM
If it's not Luck or Barkley, it's going to be Jones in the first. Otherwise, it likely won't be QB at all in the first.

RG3 will be in Washington and Barkley will be in Miami or Cleveland. Pioli is not going to trade up for RG3.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't really want Jones but I'm not gonna bitch if we take him.

I'd like to see Miami and Cleveland win a few more games.

I'm not so sure Pioli wouldn't think about trading up. They tried to in this last draft to get Pouncey but couldn't with the PHins.

This was also said after the draft so who knows if true.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I just dunno if Pioli values the qb position the way we on CP. Which is pretty stupid that he doesn't considering the league right now.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
If it's not Luck or Barkley, it's going to be Jones in the first. Otherwise, it likely won't be QB at all in the first.

RG3 will be in Washington and Barkley will be in Miami or Cleveland. Pioli is not going to trade up for RG3.

If it's for a QB, the face of the franchise then it would be Clark's decision.I'll blame Clark if we don't make a move.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm hoping Clark just outweighs Pioli playing on his greed and says "I want more money, get a franchise qb to bring in more green"

That might be our best chance.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I know it probably won't happen, but this is the guy I really want. It's obvious the Chiefs need "the" guy under center.

Especially if he wins the Heisman, I think it would be a good business decision to get him. In the end Hunt is a businessman and is all about that do ra me.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I know it probably won't happen, but this is the guy I really want. It's obvious the Chiefs need "the" guy under center.

Especially if he wins the Heisman, I think it would be a good business decision to get him. In the end Hunt is a businessman and is all about that do ra me.

Hunt has always said he'd like to draft and develop a franchise QB.

Nightfyre
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
If Haley is still here, I would bet RG3 is the pick.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Hunt has always said he'd like to draft and develop a franchise QB.

This is true.

I just dunno man. As a Chief fan I'm trained to expect the worst.

58kcfan89
12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
I just dunno if Pioli values the qb position the way we on CP. Which is pretty stupid that he doesn't considering the league right now.

After watching Brady do what he does for so long, he outta know what an elite QB can do for your team. If he doesn't realize it by now, he's a bigger idiot than so many around here believe him to be.

This is as perfect of a time as you'll ever get to grab a rookie QB. Lots of weapons on the offense, a defense that's getting better and better, and a fanbase that's desperate for sustained success. Not to mention the lack of a quality QB on the roster....

If Cassel, Orton, Fucko or another group of shitty QBs are all that make up our depth chart next year, I'm off the Pioli bandwagon. Basically, after Round 1 of the 2012 Draft is when I'll know where he stands with me.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Sadly, I think we might have to hope Stanzi turns out to be something.

Nightfyre
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
After watching Brady do what he does for so long, he outta know what an elite QB can do for your team. If he doesn't realize it by now, he's a bigger idiot than so many around here believe him to be.

This is as perfect of a time as you'll ever get to grab a rookie QB. Lots of weapons on the offense, a defense that's getting better and better, and a fanbase that's desperate for sustained success. Not to mention the lack of a quality QB on the roster....

If Cassel, Orton, ****o or another group of shitty QBs are all that make up our depth chart next year, I'm off the Pioli bandwagon. Basically, after Round 1 of the 2012 Draft is when I'll know where he stands with me.

A whole lot of this!

jd1020
12-05-2011, 11:41 PM

If Cassel, Orton, ****o or another group of shitty QBs are all that make up our depth chart next year, I'm off the Pioli bandwagon. Basically, after Round 1 of the 2012 Draft is when I'll know where he stands with me.

Brady was also drafted in the 6th round.

I'm sure he realizes what having a Franchise QB like Brady means but that doesn't teach him anything, considering where Brady was drafted.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:42 PM

I'm sure he realizes what having a Franchise QB like Brady means but that doesn't teach him anything, considering where Brady was drafted.

This.

Brady was pretty much the perfect storm.

He's also fucked the Chief franchise in more ways than one.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Sadly, I think we might have to hope Stanzi turns out to be something.

He'll have to start to do that, and for some reason the guy is QB purgatory in the Haley regime with Palko 1st on the depth chart.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:45 PM
The wanna bring Stanzi along super slow. I think it was determined when he was drafted he wouldn't play a meaningful snap this year and likely half of next year.

Pioli seems to think to get a successful qb he has to do it exactly to a t the way it went down in NE with Brady.

Which is fucked up and won't work again.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
I will say that I think RGIII could come in and as a rookie atleast allow us to contend for the divison.

That's not saying a whole lot but it would be a breast of fresh ass to have a legit qb under center with an arrowhead on his helmet that isn't a.34 years old or b. another teams castoff.

58kcfan89
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM

The wanna bring Stanzi along super slow. I think it was determined when he was drafted he wouldn't play a meaningful snap this year and likely half of next year.

Pioli seems to think to get a successful qb he has to do it exactly to a t the way it went down in NE with Brady.

Which is fucked up and won't work again.

Right, but he can't honestly think that putting the team's future at QB (as well as his job) on the line in the off chance that Stanzi is going to turn into Brady V2 is smart.... Can he?

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Right, but he can't honestly think that putting the team's future at QB (as well as his job) on the line in the off chance that Stanzi is going to turn into Brady V2 is smart.... Can he?

I dunno.

He tries to go all Belicheck and outsmart everyone.

The best drafts he has had have been when he just makes the obvious pick. He needs to do that again.

O.city
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
We really need to hope the Skins and Phins are excited about Matt Moore and Grossman and the Browns really like McCoy.

58kcfan89
12-06-2011, 12:19 AM
We really need to hope the Skins and Phins are excited about Matt Moore and Grossman and the Browns really like McCoy.

We also need to hope we don't win another freakin' game....

Miami still plays Philly at home and a game at Buffalo. Both very winnable, especially with how they've been playing.

I don't know exactly what the Browns are thinking, but I would imagine they'll give McCoy one more year. He basically has no running game and is about to set the record for pass attempts in a season. Hopefully, they'll want to get him a RB and give him another year with his WRs to see if that makes a difference. Plus, they've had a few injuries on the OL...

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:58 AM

Question for everybody: Who are some of the QBs with development potential destined for rounds 3-5? It may be that Pioli wants to bring a mid-rounder in every year until one beats out the rest and pulls a Brady.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Question for everybody: Who are some of the QBs with development potential destined for rounds 3-5? It may be that Pioli wants to bring a mid-rounder in every year until one beats out the rest and pulls a Brady.

Cousins
Moore
Foles
Lindley
Weeden - FML!
... and ... Keenum?

NJChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
We also need to hope we don't win another freakin' game....

Miami still plays Philly at home and a game at Buffalo. Both very winnable, especially with how they've been playing.

I don't know exactly what the Browns are thinking, but I would imagine they'll give McCoy one more year. He basically has no running game and is about to set the record for pass attempts in a season. Hopefully, they'll want to get him a RB and give him another year with his WRs to see if that makes a difference. Plus, they've had a few injuries on the OL...

Hopefully, but CLE could end up taking a damn QB. Of course there is also the whole trading up situation which another team might do to us. Sucks we won this weekend because things could be looking really good.

If we lose Sun you can add GB and that would take us to 5-9. With all the crappy teams either playing each other or winnable games the next few weeks we could go from 13th to 8th or so if things work out.

58kcfan89
12-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Hopefully, but CLE could end up taking a damn QB. Of course there is also the whole trading up situation which another team might do to us. Sucks we won this weekend because things could be looking really good.

If we lose Sun you can add GB and that would take us to 5-9. With all the crappy teams either playing each other or winnable games the next few weeks we could go from 13th to 8th or so if things work out.

Cleveland could absolutely take a QB. I'm just stating the case that I think they'll give McCoy a 3rd year (he was a rookie last year, after all).

There's so many scenarios and variables right now, I'm gunna go wacky if I try to get into all the possible draft positions. So I'll just say that I hope we're in a position to draft RG3 and if we're not, I hope we're smart enough to trade up for him. God knows there's enough crappy teams that need multiple picks to help rebuild...

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Cousins
Moore
Foles
Lindley
Weeden - FML!
... and ... Keenum?

Not all of them are potential NFL QBs. I wonder if you guys can reason for one in this group who IS IYO. I'd like to know because I have not given any thought to this years QBs save for the usual first round suspects.

And BTW, I don't want old man Weeden. If for nothing else other than he looks like Rapistburger, my most hated NFL player.

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Hopefully, but CLE could end up taking a damn QB. Of course there is also the whole trading up situation which another team might do to us.

Steve Young was saying on ESPN that the Jaguars should draft RG3. LMAO

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Not all of them are potential NFL QBs. I wonder if you guys can reason for one in this group who IS IYO. I'd like to know because I have not given any thought to this years QBs save for the usual first round suspects.

And BTW, I don't want old man Weeden. If for nothing else other than he looks like Rapistburger, my most hated NFL player.

Ummm... all of those guys are "potential" NFL QB's. You don't get drafted if you aren't. The only one I listed that might not get drafted is Keenum.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Looks like RG3 has a realistic shot to win the Heisman. Who is the last Heisman-winning QB to actually become a real star? Carson Palmer was good for a few but ended up pretty meh.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Looks like RG3 has a realistic shot to win the Heisman. Who is the last Heisman-winning QB to actually become a real star? Carson Palmer was good for a few but ended up pretty meh.

Doubt it. I saw some graphic watching a college game and the projected Heisman points for Griffin were half of Richardson and Luck.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Doubt it. I saw some graphic watching a college game and the projected Heisman points for Griffin were half of Richardson and Luck.

ESPN was projecting him the winner as of this morning's Sportscenter.

He also leads the Sportsnation online poll by 11% over Luck.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately, the public don't have Heisman votes.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately, the public don't have Heisman votes.

One of the guys on 810 this morning (Dennis Dodd I think was one of them) said they voted for RG3.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
One of the guys on 810 this morning (Dennis Dodd I think was one of them) said they voted for RG3.

I never said he wouldn't get votes. Just that I doubt he wins the Heisman over Richardson/Luck.

Just compare what RG3 is throwing to to what Luck is throwing to.

RG3 has benefited, a lot, from media hype.

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Ummm... all of those guys are "potential" NFL QB's. You don't get drafted if you aren't. The only one I listed that might not get drafted is Keenum.

My bad. I didn't word it right. I meant to ask folks here why they think some are going to be busts and some would just need a couple of years of NFL polish to be solid NFL QBs.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I never said he wouldn't get votes. Just that I doubt he wins the Heisman over Richardson/Luck.

Luck has been declared the #1 draft pick since September. Talk about media hype.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Luck has been declared the #1 draft pick since September. Talk about media hype.

Umm... He was going to be the #1 pick last year too. So I fail to see your point.

Talk about needing to get a clue.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
My bad. I didn't word it right. I meant to ask folks here why they think some are going to be busts and some would just need a couple of years of NFL polish to be solid NFL QBs.

In that case, out of the list I gave you, I would say Cousins, Foles, and Moore.

Weeden is too old.
Lindley is inaccurate as all hell.
And Keenum might not get drafted.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Umm... He was going to be the #1 pick last year too. So I fail to see your point.

Talk about needing to get a clue.

You said Griffin is benefiting from a large amount of media hype. I'm saying that Luck has had just as much media hype for longer.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
You said Griffin is benefiting from a large amount of media hype. I'm saying that Luck has had just as much media hype for longer.

How does this go?

"Your and idiot"

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM

This, IMO too.

The Iron Chief
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
You guys are convincing me that RG3 has a chance to win this.

Bob for Rob!

FD
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Robert Griffin '11: 4,642 total yards, 45 TDs
Cam Newton '10: 4,327 total yards, 50 TDs
Tim Tebow '07: 4,181 total yards, 55 TDs

Griffin 72.4% 6 INT 192.3 QB rating
Newton 66.1% 7 INT 182 QB rating
Tebow 66.9%, 6 INT 172.5 QB rating

Robert Griffin '11: 9-3 (bowl game TBD)
Cam Newton '10: 14-0
Tim Tebow '07: 9-4

El Jefe
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Miami and Moore, that is possible. No way with the Skins and Grossman and the Browns and McCoy.

El Jefe
12-06-2011, 01:02 PM

I don't agree with this, there are still a lot of college fans who aren't very familiarized with RG3, so meh on media hype.

FD
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't agree with this, there are still a lot of college fans who aren't very familiarized with RG3, so meh on media hype.

I'm with you here. I think RG3 is one of the few players who actually lives up to if not exceeds the hype.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM

First of all, RG3 has benefited MIGHTILY from having played this past weekend whereas Luck did not. That's always the case with the Heisman - it's easy to go with the flavor of the month.

Furthermore, ESPN projected Griffin the winner based on talking with potential voters. Heismanpundit.com (http://heismanpundit.com/2011/12/06/the-final-hp-heisman-watch-calling-the-2011-heisman-race/) is predicting he's the winner. All 6 CBSSports.com analysts are predicting it will be RG3 (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/heisman). And I believe Vegas is even projecting him as the favorite as well.

All of that being said, can we get back to the actual question?

Who was the last Heisman-winning QB to REALLY be a star at the next level? Is all we can hope for Tim Tebow or Carson Palmer?

Frankie
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Miami and Moore, that is possible. No way with the Skins and Grossman and the Browns and McCoy.

Miami will probably pick after us anyway.

Urc Burry
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
First of all, RG3 has benefited MIGHTILY from having played this past weekend whereas Luck did not. That's always the case with the Heisman - it's easy to go with the flavor of the month.

Furthermore, ESPN projected Griffin the winner based on talking with potential voters. Heismanpundit.com (http://heismanpundit.com/2011/12/06/the-final-hp-heisman-watch-calling-the-2011-heisman-race/) is predicting he's the winner. All 6 CBSSports.com analysts are predicting it will be RG3 (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/heisman). And I believe Vegas is even projecting him as the favorite as well.

Who was the last Heisman-winning QB to REALLY be a star at the next level? Is all we can hope for Tim Tebow or Carson Palmer?

So if Luck gets the Heisman he's going to bust?

Brock
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM

Newton?

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Newton?

A little early to say that. Lots of guys flame out and lots of guys blossom later.

Probably not fair to include Tebow either since he's just now starting and I believe he won the Trophy as a sophomore.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
So if Luck gets the Heisman he's going to bust?

Is that what I said?

I asked a QUESTION.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-06-2011, 01:15 PM

Pump the brakes a little before you compare him to the great Tim Tebow!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
ESPN has a vested interest in distorting the heisman race towards the SEC, IMO. They were pimping Richardson pretty hard. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but they certainly downplayed Luck and RG3 disproportionately in the broadcasts I was watching. Without RG3, that Baylor team is the usual shit. I think Stanford would still be a Bowl team without Luck and Alabama would certainly still be a top 5 team without Richardson. RG3 elevates that team tremendously.

suds79
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM

Immaterial IMO. Take Richardson, Luck & RG3 for example. Some pretty special players there. I feel confident that at least one of them (probably more) will turn out to be a good pro. Now which one wins the Heisman? We'll see. But it doesn't effect how good they'll be.

I'm saying I don't think there's any correlation at all.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Is that what I said?

I asked a QUESTION.

What does winning the Heisman have to do with NFL success? How can you answer your question? Aside from Staubach (1-3 in super bowls), I don't see a hugely successful heisman winning qb, but that doesn't mean RGIII will fail, or have some artificial Tebow ceiling just b/c he may win the heisman.

RGIII has the athleticism of Vick with the arm and brain of brees. I think he will be long gone by the time we pick, and I don't think pioli will be trading up. We might as well start a Foles vs. Tannehill thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Brees doesnt have much of an arm.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Brees doesnt have much of an arm.

They definitely have similar statutes. I always see brees when I watch RGIII. It doesn't matter, this team is a God Damn train wreck now and it will be until we get a qb, I don't even like thinking about RGIII anymore, bc we aren't getting him. Fuck this team in the balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Immaterial IMO. Take Richardson, Luck & RG3 for example. Some pretty special players there. I feel confident that at least one of them (probably more) will turn out to be a good pro. Now which one wins the Heisman? We'll see. But it doesn't effect how good they'll be.

I'm saying I don't think there's any correlation at all.

I'm not suggesting there's a causation, but it's certainly possible there's a correlation, is there not?

The Heisman generally goes to the best college player. And right now, there's a pretty big gap between the way offense is played in college vs. how it's played in the NFL...

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
What does winning the Heisman have to do with NFL success? How can you answer your question? Aside from Staubach (1-3 in super bowls), I don't see a hugely successful heisman winning qb, but that doesn't mean RGIII will fail, or have some artificial Tebow ceiling just b/c he may win the heisman.

I'm not suggesting that RG3 will fail, I was just asking the question. As I mentioned in my previous post, offenses in college are pretty different from what they are in the NFL, especially the really prolific ones. I don't think winning the Heisman equal NFL failure but I absolutely DO think the recent history of the two is worth thinking about.

FWIW, RG3 is my favorite QB prospect in the this class.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not suggesting that RG3 will fail, I was just asking the question. As I mentioned in my previous post, offenses in college are pretty different from what they are in the NFL, especially the really prolific ones. I don't think winning the Heisman equal NFL failure but I absolutely DO think the recent history of the two is worth thinking about.

FWIW, RG3 is my favorite QB prospect in the this class.

I assume this precludes Luck? Or do you like him better than Luck?

suds79
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
The Heisman generally goes to the best college player. And right now, there's a pretty big gap between the way offense is played in college vs. how it's played in the NFL...

I guess we disagree.

In theory you're right in that it goes to the best college player but we know that's not true.

It goes to the best QB or RB on a championship level team.

whoman69
12-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Cleveland could absolutely take a QB. I'm just stating the case that I think they'll give McCoy a 3rd year (he was a rookie last year, after all).

There's so many scenarios and variables right now, I'm gunna go wacky if I try to get into all the possible draft positions. So I'll just say that I hope we're in a position to draft RG3 and if we're not, I hope we're smart enough to trade up for him. God knows there's enough crappy teams that need multiple picks to help rebuild...

I think McCoy is getting a raw deal in Cleveland. They have nobody around him, and can't seem to get the ball to their best playmaker. If Tebow is a baller, McCoy is at least equally so.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I assume this precludes Luck? Or do you like him better than Luck?

We have no chance at Luck so to me, he doesn't really exist.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
We have no chance at Luck so to me, he doesn't really exist.

LMAO I will never give up hope!

Frosty
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
LMAO I will never give up hope!

The Chiefs will get Luck but it will be when he's a broken down 37 years old. They'll trade a first for him, too.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
The Chiefs will get Luck but it will be when he's a broken down 37 years old. They'll trade a first for him, too.

FML :deevee: Why can't we be the team developing QBs and trading them for a veritable bounty when they are washed up?