PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanzi Should Start

Pages : 1 [2] 3

milkman
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
It will take a few games for him to pick it up. But you can run the entire playbook. With Stanzi, you're going to have to do a ton of things to baby him along. Probably run a bunch of max protects. Probably a lot of runs and a lot of screens.

Knowing the playbook and executing it are two totally different things. By season's end, Orton would be operating off a much deeper playbook than Stanzi would.

Bullshit.

If the Chiefs can't open the entire playbook for a rookie that has been practicing and going to meetings for 3 months, a rookie that ran a pro style offense in college, then he's a dumbass that has no future.

You're just making shit up to justify the Chiefs once again making a move to improve their chances of maintaining mediocrity.

This team is doing jack this year.

They might win one more game with Orton at QB that they wouldn't win without him.

The Chiefs front office knows that there's more dumbasses, like you, that'll buy what they're selling, than fans who recognize this crap for what it is.

Rasputin
11-27-2011, 08:47 AM
I like the guy. But 32 teams' scouts passed on him 4 times and for a QB, you don't do that unless you see some kind of fatal flaw. If you're lucky, you find Brady. But 99.9% of the time, you get a worse version of Tyler Thigpen. People are pretty ridiculous inflating how high the guy's ceiling is.

32 teams passed over Kyle Orton before the Da Bears took him in the fourth round.

How many wins did Kyle Orton give the donkos last year?

Just why was he cut in the first place by either Bears or Donkos?

Coogs
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Bullshit.

If the Chiefs can't open the entire playbook for a rookie that has been practicing and going to meetings for 3 months, a rookie that ran a pro style offense in college, then he's a dumbass that has no future.

You're just making shit up to justify the Chiefs once again making a move to improve their chances of maintaining mediocrity.

They might win one more game with Orton at QB that they wouldn't win without him.

The Chiefs front office knows that there's more dumbasses, like you, that'll buy what they're selling, than fans who recognize this crap for what it is.

With the lockout being lifted for a bit right around the draft, and the coaching staffs being allowed to give out playbooks prior to the 2nd day of the draft I believe, I would not be surprised if Stanzi did not have access to a playbook shortly after he was drafted. Player interaction was always allowed, and if someone like Cassel... or anyother offensive player... did not make a copy of their playbook available to Stanzi, I would be totally shocked.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Bullshit.

I've always believed you should take the "sit and learn" approach over the "baptism by fire" approach.

Not every team is as fortunate as the Steelers and can nurse a young QB along with outstanding defense and offensive talent...

Rasputin
11-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Stanzi is listed as #2 QB so that is encouraging that he is the next QB to get to play. He just may get a shot yet.

milkman
11-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I've always believed you should take the "sit and learn" approach over the "baptism by fire" approach.

Not every team is as fortunate as the Steelers and can nurse a young QB along with outstanding defense and offensive talent...

I believe you take it on a case by case basis.

However, if you have crap at the QB position, a QB like Stanzi, who may never amount to anything, should be given an opportunity to show what he has at the end of a lost season.

And you can scream from the rooftops that this division is weak, and the Chiefs have a chance to make the playoffs still, if you want.

I have some prime property in Florida you might be interested in, BTW.

Aaron Rodgers sat and lerned for how many years behind Brett Favre?

He is now the best QB in the league, but in his first season as the starter, he was still making rookie mistakes, because when push comes to shove, there are simply too many things that you can not learn by sitting.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Aaron Rodgers sat and lerned for how many years behind Brett Favre?

He is now the best QB in the league, but in his first season as the starter, he was still making rookie mistakes, because when push comes to shove, there are simply too many things that you can not learn by sitting.

Solid argument.

That said Rodgers did come out with some very amazing performances his first 6 games. No, he wasn't all world, but he's now a top 5 QB at worst.

And he supports my argument...

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 10:54 AM
I like the guy. But 32 teams' scouts passed on him 4 times and for a QB, you don't do that unless you see some kind of fatal flaw. If you're lucky, you find Brady. But 99.9% of the time, you get a worse version of Tyler Thigpen. People are pretty ridiculous inflating how high the guy's ceiling is.

That .1% of the time that these guys pan out makes it WORTH it.

He's a 5th-round pick. He's got a SLIGHT chance of contributing, regardless of position.

But that tiny fraction of a percent that he could be the next Tom Brady means he's worth playing NOW, when the team has zero percent chance of winning shit.

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Wasting roster talent is asking your receivers to block or stand around on 90% of the plays because you're running a vanilla offense around Stanzi which is going to be 2/3 of runs, and 1/3 to 1/2 of your passes are going to be quick hitches and screens. The rest of the passes are probably going to not see you open or miss the mark.

We don't need to disrupt everything just to give a 5th rounder a chance to shine.

ROFL

This is the EXACT offense we ran last with week, with TYLER PALKO.

Hell, it's 75% of the offense we run with MATT CASSEL.

milkman
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Solid argument.

That said Rodgers did come out with some very amazing performances his first 6 games. No, he wasn't all world, but he's now a top 5 QB at worst.

And he supports my argument...

Top 5?

Are you fucking high?

Mushrooms?

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now.

Top 5?

JFC.

And no, he doesn't support your argument.

If he had started in his rookie season, or his second season, at the very least, he would have been past those rookie mistakes and might have lead those Packers to more than one SB by now.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 11:45 AM
If recent history of quarterbacks shows you anything at all, it shows you that a QB either has it or he doesnt.

Tons of QBs have started right out of the gate (even this year there were two even with absolutely no offseason) in recent years and lots of them had success in doing so.

The only reason a rookie quarterback should sit in todays NFL is if the team has much better options.

FACT: until Orton knows enough of the playbook to be effective, Ricky Stanzi should absolutely start for this team because he is our best quarterback at the moment.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 11:49 AM
The Chiefs had a chance to draft Tim Tebow and they blew it.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM

your dad had a chance to pull out and he should have.

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 11:51 AM
FACT: until Orton knows enough of the playbook to be effective, Ricky Stanzi should absolutely start for this team because he is our best quarterback at the moment.

Actually, that's pretty much an opinion. And a bad one, at that.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Actually, that's pretty much an opinion. And a bad one, at that.

fool

give me a list of things Palko is better than Stanzi at....this aught to be fun.

(Remember, NE kept Tom Brady inactive his whole rookie season.)

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
fool

give me a list of things Palko is better than Stanzi at....this aught to be fun.

(Remember, NE kept Tom Brady inactive his whole rookie season.)

I can tolerate all the Stanzi fanboys' chants of "Let's see what the kid's got", but you just stated that a 5th round draft pick who hasn't taken a meaningful snap and the coaches haven't felt deserved to be ACTIVE until last week is the best QB on the roster. Unless you've been hiding in the bushes watching practices, that's just a stupid thing to say.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Then it should be easy to answer my question.

Still waiting for an answer, though.

Tell me all about how Palko is better than Stanzi RIGHT NOW and how Orton (with 2 days under his belt in KC) would give us more.

Arm strength
Accuracy
Poise
Heart

C'mon...there has to be something besides the fact he is a Pittsburgh guy that Haley has a soft spot for.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM

Ha ha.

ha.

I haven't heard that one before. :drool:

Rasputin
11-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I can tolerate all the Stanzi fanboys' chants of "Let's see what the kid's got", but you just stated that a 5th round draft pick who hasn't taken a meaningful snap and the coaches haven't felt deserved to be ACTIVE until last week is the best QB on the roster. Unless you've been hiding in the bushes watching practices, that's just a stupid thing to say.

So it's ok to bring out a proven failed QB of a 4th rounder? Orton has proved to fail with two franchises. Stanzi hasn't proved shit but he has potintial to be something. He can prove himself great or he can prove himself bad, he should get the opportunity to do so. The draft is a passage way into the NFL. They could just stick with a guy not drafted that has been cut by multiple teams and of another league.

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Then it should be easy to answer my question.

Still waiting for an answer, though.

Tell me all about how Palko is better than Stanzi.

Arm strength
Accuracy
Poise
Heart

C'mon...there has to be something besides the fact he is a Pittsburgh guy that Haley has a soft spot for.

It's impossible for me to say Palko is better for the same reason it's impossible for you to say Stanzi is better. Stanzi hasn't played. You have absolutely no basis for your argument. The only things you could possibly be basing your stance on are irrelevant (play in college and preseason).

There is only circumstantial evidence of Stanzi's ability, and it's all negative. Exhibit A: He was a 5th round draft pick. Exhibit B: In the coach's opinion, he isn't better than Palko.

Does that mean he can't be successful? No it doesn't. Personally, I believe that he's not the answer, but I'm not going to tell you you're stupid because you think he might have potential.

What is stupid, however, is saying he's the best quarterback on the team when you have absolutely no basis to make that statment.

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM

Coaches play their favorites ALL THE TIME.

Fact is, we have absolutely no idea why he's been inactive.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM

If he had started in his rookie season, or his second season, at the very least, he would have been past those rookie mistakes and might have lead those Packers to more than one SB by now.

Yes, he does support my argument.

He did sit for years. THAT DID HAPPEN.

Not your opinion on how things may have shaken out if he started, real world here.

He sat. He learned. He dominated...

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Wasting roster talent is asking your receivers to block or stand around on 90% of the plays because you're running a vanilla offense around Stanzi which is going to be 2/3 of runs, and 1/3 to 1/2 of your passes are going to be quick hitches and screens. The rest of the passes are probably going to not see you open or miss the mark.

We don't need to disrupt everything just to give a 5th rounder a chance to shine.

Disrupt everything?!!! Haha disrupt what exactly? Lets not take a chance, wouldn't want to risk the good thing we have going....

When I say wasting roster talent, I mean for the following few years, which is exactly what will happen if we keep Orton or Cassel. We need to draft a damn QB. This season is lost and letting Stanzi play isn't going to hurt anything. Stanzi made the WR's work more than Cassel or Palko in preseason.

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Whats Brody Croyle doing these days? Selling used cars?

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Coaches play their favorites ALL THE TIME.

Fact is, we have absolutely no idea why he's been inactive.

Again, I'm not arguing that Palko is a better quarterback than Stanzi. I'm no football genius or master talent evaluator, plus Palko hasn't exactly set a high water mark.

I've said this in other threads...if the choice is Palko or Stanzi, I'm all for playing the kid.

But you can't say he's the best quarterback on the team. We know nothing about Ricky Stanzi as an NFL quarterback.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
You're assuming all new crayons are built alike. A first/second round pick is a shiny, new crayon out of the box. A fifth round pick is that nub crayon--you might get some crayon, but more likely than not, you get a lot of paper and a tiny bit of crayon.

Why do we always go to these extremes? The argument for 3 years has been "draft a FIRST round QB. Play him. Develop him. Don't settle for anything less, because there are 50 different threads talking about the success rate of a first round QB vs. a 3rd rounder." Now we're getting all fired up because we won't start a 5th round rookie. We don't even know if the guy is totally unprepared to play.

We HAVE played young guys before. Thigpen and Croyle. What we haven't done in forever is draft a player high and develop them. I can understand wanting to start Stanzi. But the freak-out on this board if we don't start him is overboard. Kyle Orton is a good QB--mid-level starter, not franchise, but pretty good. It's a huge stretch to believe a 5th rounder becomes a starter. Even worse odds to say he'll be a better QB than Orton. Very, very low odds to say he becomes a franchise QB. Rather than disrupt the continuity of this franchise by running a beyond vanilla offense to support a complete long-shot, why not just let Orton run the original offense and not ask your receivers/linemen/running backs to learn a totally new offense?
I see it a different way. Stanzi is some unknown brand of new crayons that were 50% off at some local craft store. Orton/Cassel/Palko are the shitty nub crayons with the paper.

The Chiefs KNOW what those crayons are, so they're sticking with them. They're not going to do dare use the new crayons, because they might not be as good and if they're not as good, then you have the issue of a box of partially used crayons.

Also, you're right. I want a QB in the first round. Period. It needs to happen. But that's a separate issue. We can't draft that QB until April. In the meantime, we should play Stanzi. I'd hate to see him sitting 3rd fucking string again next year.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Again, I'm not arguing that Palko is a better quarterback than Stanzi. I'm no football genius or master talent evaluator, plus Palko hasn't exactly set a high water mark.

I've said this in other threads...if the choice is Palko or Stanzi, I'm all for playing the kid.

But you can't say he's the best quarterback on the team. We know nothing about Ricky Stanzi as an NFL quarterback.

I'd argue he has the most upside.

Doesn't mean he'd be our best chance of a "W" later today...

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd argue he has the most upside.

Doesn't mean he'd be our best chance of a "W" later today...

Certainly more upside than Palko in my opinion. With Orton, it's close. We've all seen him play at a pretty damn high level. But he's also been terrible.

I think Orton should start next week. Those who think Stanzi should start, fine. While the chance is miniscule, IMO, Stanzi could conceivably have franchise QB potential, and I think we all agree that Orton isn't a long term answer. I can at least see where they're coming from.

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Certainly more upside than Palko in my opinion. With Orton, it's close. We've all seen him play at a pretty damn high level. But he's also been terrible.

I think Orton should start next week. Those who think Stanzi should start, fine. While the chance is miniscule, IMO, Stanzi could conceivably have franchise QB potential, and I think we all agree that Orton isn't a long term answer. I can at least see where they're coming from.

Thats the thing. I am not putting money on Stanzi being the answer, but expecting Orton to help us long term is foolish, not to mention has potential for sticking us with another average QB.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Now that we have Orton I'd love to cut C@$$#ole and Palko, draft another QB, and have an open competition come TC next year...

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Now that we have Orton I'd love to cut C@$$#ole and Palko, draft another QB, and have an open competition come TC next year...

Agreed

rageeumr
11-27-2011, 01:04 PM

I keep hearing that Cassel's contract is very "team-friendly" next year. I don't like the way that sounds.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I keep hearing that Cassel's contract is very "team-friendly" next year. I don't like the way that sounds.

I do.

It makes him easier (cheaper) to cut...

notorious
11-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I do.

It makes him easier (cheaper) to cut...

This.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I wonder if the foot buffoon & Marty Jr have ruined Sanchez
There is some talent there

whoman69
11-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Ha ha.

ha.

I haven't heard that one before. :drool:

Actually I'm guessing you've heard it a lot.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Believe it or not, there would be teams calling to trade for Cassel if we decided to move on.

We wouldn't have to cut him.

I bet we could get a 4th rounder for him from a team that wants a vet stopgap.

His remaining contract is tradeable, as well.

5.25 next year
7.5 2013
9 in 14

If injury concerns continue in Stl, I could see Josh pushing management for a trade as a backup for a 4th or so.

jspchief
11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Believe it or not, there would be teams calling to trade for Cassel if we decided to move on.

5.25 next year
7.5 2013
9 in 14

If injury concerns continue in Stl, I could see Josh pushing management for a trade as a backup for a 4th or so.

Jesus you get stupider everytime you post.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM

Call them.

CALL THEM NOW!:cuss:

BossChief
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Jesus you get stupider everytime you post.

Care to make a wager that we never cut Cassel?

teedubya
11-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Fuck Stanzi... since BossChief is all up in his ass, I've decided that I hate Stanzi, now.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
**** Stanzi... since BossChief is all up in his ass, I've decided that I hate Stanzi, now.

LMAO

BossChief
11-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Fuck Stanzi... since BossChief is all up in his ass, I've decided that I hate Stanzi, now.

:thumb:

DBOSHO
11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
From wright

Interesting developments for the #Chiefs... Orton not expected to suit up tonight, but Stanzi hurt his ankle in practice this week...

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
From wright

Interesting developments for the #Chiefs... Orton not expected to suit up tonight, but Stanzi hurt his ankle in practice this week...

That is all...

DBOSHO
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Just noticed that was posted a while back in the gamethread.

Fuck me.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Is NW going to be right about something

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:16 PM

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Especially in a draft like last years. There was a run on QB's early. So many picked early, that many were picked well ahead of where they should have been picked, and at that point, most teams that needed QB had already panicked and taken one, to where there wasn't as high of a demand after the first round to mid second.

Not to mention that QB is consistently one of the LEAST drafted positions in each and every draft. Outside of punters, kickers and longsnappers of course. Ridiculous given the importance of the position.

12 QB's were selected in last years draft. 6 of those teams drafted purely for depth, as they already had "their guy" in place. This has been a VERY strange year in the NFL where at least 5 of those QB's have either started or been given a chance to play.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
With the lockout being lifted for a bit right around the draft, and the coaching staffs being allowed to give out playbooks prior to the 2nd day of the draft I believe, I would not be surprised if Stanzi did not have access to a playbook shortly after he was drafted. Player interaction was always allowed, and if someone like Cassel... or anyother offensive player... did not make a copy of their playbook available to Stanzi, I would be totally shocked.

Stanzi was not selected until after the lockout was reinstated. He did not get a playbook until the first day of training camp. It's been documented a few places.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM

If anyone DID make their playbook available to him early, it would have been Moeaki. They have been BFF's since early in their college careers here at Iowa.

Titty Meat
11-27-2011, 02:34 PM

5.25 next year
7.5 2013
9 in 14

I highly doubt teams will be calling to trade for that contract.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM

I disagree. Your point can hold no validity, as it is a "if". IF he had started his rookie or second year, he MIGHT have been further along earlier. He might also have never reached the level he is currently playing at. He might have failed early, and been set aside on the bench like so many other QB's before him. He could have been Leinart, or Sanchez.

The path Rodgers took to get where he is was the right path for him...that doesn't happen often.

Rain Man
11-27-2011, 02:38 PM
I dream of a day when a fifth-round rookie isn't considered as our best hope at quarterback.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM

1st and second(possibly first) round picks for Carson Palmer. PERIOD.

JSP, sorry to say it, but you sound like an idiot in that post to Boss.

Good teams, who lack a QB, or have their starter get injured get desperate. Hell, bad teams who HOPE a bad QB can play up to past levels make stupid trades as well. Look at the Chiefs of forever.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I dream of a day when a fifth-round rookie isn't considered as our best hope at quarterback.

That's what all of the Patriot fans are saying....

BossChief
11-27-2011, 02:51 PM

You underestimate the stupidity of many of the GMs in the league.

Carson Palmer just went for ~2 firsts~ and signed a 4 year, 43 million dollar deal.
McNabb got traded for two picks and is getting over 7 million this year
Charlie Whitehurst went for a 3rd and change
Kevin Kolb went for a truckload

I could keep rattling off names of dumb QB trades, but I think you guys get the point.

We could get SOMETHING for Cassel.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 03:06 PM
We could get SOMETHING for Cassel.

Chiefs fans let their blind hatred for the guy get in the way of reality. A fourth rounder isn't only possible, it's plausible. They could possibly get a third or second depending on how desperate the buyer is.

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Here, let me re-phrase.

Instead of saying Stanzi is the best QB on the team, let's just say Ricky Stanzi is the only QB on the team that CAN be "unshitty"...

:D

tk13
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
That's what all of the Patriot fans are saying....

Tom Brady did not play in his rookie season. I totally agree there are examples of guys in Stanzi's neighborhood becoming a success story, but most of the time they sit a year or two before getting thrown out there.

Most likely he is going to look like John Skelton or Curtis Painter if we throw him out there right now, if we're lucky.

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Tom Brady did not play in his rookie season. I totally agree there are examples of guys in Stanzi's neighborhood becoming a success story, but most of the time they sit a year or two before getting thrown out there.

Most likely he is going to look like John Skelton or Curtis Painter if we throw him out there right now, if we're lucky.

You do realize that Curtis Painter was drafted in April 09, right?

Again, you either have it or you don't.

tk13
11-27-2011, 03:29 PM

I know when he was drafted. I'm just saying he's a similar pedigree to Stanzi, if not better. And he's still learning.

There is no "you have it or you don't" BS... every QB is different, and it depends on the situation and environment they're in. Drew Brees certainly didn't have "it" right off the bat in San Diego.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 03:31 PM

You know the moment I kinda bought into Stanzi?

His first year starting there was a game late in the year (cant remember against who) when he threw 4 picks in the first 3 quarters and then threw 4 4th quarter touchdowns to win the game.

That showed me he had the ability to put his team on his back and win.

Its a shame his D let him down so many times his senior year.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 03:39 PM
I know when he was drafted. I'm just saying he's a similar pedigree to Stanzi, if not better. And he's still learning.

There is no "you have it or you don't" BS... every QB is different, and it depends on the situation and environment they're in. Drew Brees certainly didn't have "it" right off the bat in San Diego.

Painter never won shit. He wasn't what you would call a winning QB.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
You know the moment I kinda bought into Stanzi?

His first year starting there was a game late in the year (cant remember against who) when he threw 4 picks in the first 3 quarters and then threw 4 4th quarter touchdowns to win the game.

That showed me he had the ability to put his team on his back and win.

Its a shame his D let him down so many times his senior year.

Indiana wasn't it?

Easy 6
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
I've done a fair amount of waffling about this & there are good arguments made for both sides... but ultimately, theres no reason not to play Stanzi.

He potentially has a future here, Palko doesnt... let him start his learning curve.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Indiana wasn't it?

I think so.

I wish I had copy of that game because it basically shows you just about everything on the kid.

Positives and negatives.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Especially in a draft like last years. There was a run on QB's early. So many picked early, that many were picked well ahead of where they should have been picked, and at that point, most teams that needed QB had already panicked and taken one, to where there wasn't as high of a demand after the first round to mid second.

Not to mention that QB is consistently one of the LEAST drafted positions in each and every draft. Outside of punters, kickers and longsnappers of course. Ridiculous given the importance of the position.

12 QB's were selected in last years draft. 6 of those teams drafted purely for depth, as they already had "their guy" in place. This has been a VERY strange year in the NFL where at least 5 of those QB's have either started or been given a chance to play.

There is always a demand for a good QB. There will never be too many good QBs in one draft that teams will pass on him.

Give me a break. Stanzi is not a first or second round pick in any other draft. He's probably not even a 3rd. At best, he's probably a 4th. So if you're talking about a 4th vs. 5th, you're talking semantics.

Stanzi is an absolute long shot to succeed. I like the kid and I honestly don't see what's wrong with him. But there is something that scouts did not like about him and I trust they know what they're doing. For QBs, they have been right 99% of the time when it comes to QBs that graded in the second day of the draft.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Here's a key question for all you wanting to start Stanzi.

Let's say he puts up a solid 6 games to close this season? Do you still draft a first round QB?

Let's say you do draft a first round QB next season. Do you start Stanzi to start the season?

The answer is easy. "Yes," you draft a first round QB. "Yes," if your first round pick is ready, you start him right away. So it's not like we want him to start the last 6 game because we want to see he's the answer. We want to start him to get him experience and reps. That's a stupid reason to start a guy when you have a more qualified guy on the bench and the division is technically still up for grabs.

Easy 6
11-27-2011, 07:17 PM

Let's say he puts up a solid 6 games to close this season? Do you still draft a first round QB?

Let's say you do draft a first round QB next season. Do you start Stanzi to start the season?

A - absolutely draft a qb.

B - nothings promised, see ya in camp kid.

milkman
11-27-2011, 07:17 PM

The answer is easy. "Yes," you draft a first round QB. "Yes," if your first round pick is ready, you start him right away. So it's not like we want him to start the last 6 game because we want to see he's the answer. We want to start him to get him experience and reps. That's a stupid reason to start a guy when you have a more qualified guy on the bench and the division is technically still up for grabs.

I want a franchise QB.

If that's Stanzi, then I want him to start if he's better than that first round QB.

If that first round QB is better, I want him to start.

The only thing I know for sure, is that neither Cassel or Orton are franchise QBs, and we're just fucking spinning our wheels playing either of those useless bastads, and are doing the fucking same god damn thing playing Palko.

And you're a useless bastard trying to sell the useless fucking company line.

You work for the PR department. don't ya?

BossChief
11-27-2011, 07:22 PM

Stanzi should start until he either

A) gets hurt

B) Sucks so badly that they have no choice but to make a switch to Orton

C) Retires after a long and distinguished career as a franchise quarterback 16 years from now.

D) A first round quarterback is ready to take the field and beats Stanzi for the job.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 07:50 PM
There is always a demand for a good QB. There will never be too many good QBs in one draft that teams will pass on him.

Give me a break. Stanzi is not a first or second round pick in any other draft. He's probably not even a 3rd. At best, he's probably a 4th. So if you're talking about a 4th vs. 5th, you're talking semantics.

Stanzi is an absolute long shot to succeed. I like the kid and I honestly don't see what's wrong with him. But there is something that scouts did not like about him and I trust they know what they're doing. For QBs, they have been right 99% of the time when it comes to QBs that graded in the second day of the draft.

Again, no they are not right 99% of the time. There are countless QB's who have rode the bench or washed out of the league without a fair chance or only one chance. Doesn't mean they could've have been.

The Chiefs scouts were very into Stanzi, the Chiefs tried to trade up to get him, didn't, and we're EXSTATIC when he fell to them.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM

I will bet you my life saving the Chiefs do not win the division. The the division is not up for grabs as far as the chiefs are concerned, they are out of it.

Yes you start Stanzi, and if he rapes face, you still draft a first round QB. If Stanzi did well to end the year and you draft a first round QB, you start Stanzi next year and let the rookie sit and learn and wait until Stanzi goes down or falters. Duh.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM
I'll bet Stanzi doesn't fumble that snap

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I want a franchise QB.

If that's Stanzi, then I want him to start if he's better than that first round QB.

If that first round QB is better, I want him to start.

The only thing I know for sure, is that neither Cassel or Orton are franchise QBs, and we're just ****ing spinning our wheels playing either of those useless bastads, and are doing the ****ing same god damn thing playing Palko.

And you're a useless bastard trying to sell the useless ****ing company line.

You work for the PR department. don't ya?

Our end goal is the same. And we're equally skeptical that it will never happen. We both know the Chiefs need to draft a first rounder and he needs to be our starter probably next year, absolutely within 2 years.

I disagree entirely that you ever signal to your team that you're mailing the last 6 games in. That's fine to do for a team on the front end of rebuilding. It's now something you do to a team in the state of the Chiefs. Much as we act like they're a disaster, they have good young talent. I don't want Baldwin playing the last 7 games playing bullshit dink and dunk. I don't want Houston to play meaningless snaps in a game that's over by the first quarter. I don't want our young offensive linemen to play Max Protect bullshit.

Palko can run a full offense now. Orton can run a full offense very soon. People are comfortable experimenting and mailing it in. Me? I like that our team is still playing their ass off and think that's a lot more valuable than getting a few snaps from Stanzi that are likely going to be meaningless.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Again, no they are not right 99% of the time. There are countless QB's who have rode the bench or washed out of the league without a fair chance or only one chance. Doesn't mean they could've have been.

The Chiefs scouts were very into Stanzi, the Chiefs tried to trade up to get him, didn't, and we're EXSTATIC when he fell to them.

You're not going to win that argument against very many on this board.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I will bet you my life saving the Chiefs do not win the division. The the division is not up for grabs as far as the chiefs are concerned, they are out of it.

Yes you start Stanzi, and if he rapes face, you still draft a first round QB. If Stanzi did well to end the year and you draft a first round QB, you start Stanzi next year and let the rookie sit and learn and wait until Stanzi goes down or falters. Duh.

The Chiefs likely won't win the division. But that's not a message you send to your team. Sorry, but going with Stanzi is telling the team you're mailing in the season.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM
:doh!:

That interception is on YOU, Haley

Fuck you.

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Clearly Stanzi isn't ready, he couldn't hope to have the same grasp of the offense as Palko

:facepalm:

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
SUCK FOR STANZI

DeezNutz
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Palko has good tempo.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Is Stanzi's ankle good enough to play?

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
We can't throw Stanzi in the fire, he might throw two picks in a quarter or something

WV
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Palko shouldn't be on an NFL roster....good grief how can they see any positives with this hack.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Our end goal is the same. And we're equally skeptical that it will never happen. We both know the Chiefs need to draft a first rounder and he needs to be our starter probably next year, absolutely within 2 years.

I disagree entirely that you ever signal to your team that you're mailing the last 6 games in. That's fine to do for a team on the front end of rebuilding. It's now something you do to a team in the state of the Chiefs. Much as we act like they're a disaster, they have good young talent. I don't want Baldwin playing the last 7 games playing bullshit dink and dunk. I don't want Houston to play meaningless snaps in a game that's over by the first quarter. I don't want our young offensive linemen to play Max Protect bullshit.

Palko can run a full offense now. Orton can run a full offense very soon. People are comfortable experimenting and mailing it in. Me? I like that our team is still playing their ass off and think that's a lot more valuable than getting a few snaps from Stanzi that are likely going to be meaningless.

And I'm telli you no matter how stupid you are, or it doesn't change the fact that Stanzi has been the best QB on this team all year. Palko is wasting everyone's time in this game as we speak. Stanzi would allow us to open up the playback b/c not only is he the best qb on this team, he can actually go down field.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 08:32 PM
The Chiefs likely won't win the division. But that's not a message you send to your team. Sorry, but going with Stanzi is telling the team you're mailing in the season.

Stanzi would NOT be mailing it in. Me Palko is mailing it in.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
And I'm telli you no matter how stupid you are, or it doesn't change the fact that Stanzi has been the best QB on this team all year. Palko is wasting everyone's time in this game as we speak. Stanzi would allow us to open up the playback b/c not only is he the best qb on this team, he can actually go down field.

Best QB on the team all year? You need to stop talking.

If Stanzi is healthy, then yes, it's time to put him in. Palko is not even close to the QB we saw in New England.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Is Stanzi's ankle good enough to play?

Changing your tune there dumbass? Yes it's good to go. The only injury Stanzi hasn't played through he needed surgery for. He missed two games, then came back and won a bowl game.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Best QB on the team all year? You need to stop talking.

If Stanzi is healthy, then yes, it's time to put him in. Palko is not even close to the QB we saw in New England.

You are the idiot here. If you believe Cassel or Palko's raw football ability is anywhere near that of Stanzi, then you've never seen the guy play and didn't pay attention in the preseason.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:45 PM
You are the idiot here. If you believe Cassel or Palko's raw football ability is anywhere near that of Stanzi, then you've never seen the guy play and didn't pay attention in the preseason.

I have seen the guy play. Again, I like his potential. But your homerism needs to stop.

He's a 5th round pick, period. It's not like we're asking if he's a second round pick that may have been a first. He is a late round pick. This isn't just the Chiefs questioning the talent. This is about 32 teams questioning it.

I can't stand Cassel right now. But until we know anything about what Stanzi can do or why he was graded so low, Cassel was and is the best QB on this team. That's not saying much about Cassel.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I have seen the guy play. Again, I like his potential. But your homerism needs to stop.

He's a 5th round pick, period. It's not like we're asking if he's a second round pick that may have been a first. He is a late round pick. This isn't just the Chiefs questioning the talent. This is about 32 teams questioning it.

I can't stand Cassel right now. But until we know anything about what Stanzi can do or why he was graded so low, Cassel was and is the best QB on this team. That's not saying much about Cassel.

Dumbass.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
SUCK FOR STANZI

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
For a coaching philosophy that preaches zero mistakes, it's rather odd to see Palko continuing to get the nod here.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Palko needs to join Croyle & buy a Randy Moss juice franchize

aturnis
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
PALKO POWER! Way to go Chiefzilla.

suzzer99
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Is Stanzi molesting boys in the shower after practice or something? How could he possibly be looking worse than Palko in practice?

suzzer99
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Palko needs to join Croyle & buy a Randy Moss juice franchize

Croyle just signed as 3rd string QB by Texans. Which apparently means he'll be in the game by the second half next week.

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Croyle just signed as 3rd string QB by Texans. Which apparently means he'll be in the game by the second half next week.

Can you imagine if Croyle's first win ends up being a playoff game.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
PALKO POWER! Way to go Chiefzilla.

Umm... okay. Because I'm a huge Palko fan.

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
The thing that gets me is if KC wants to model how GB develops their QBs, once everything is put away or not in reach give the young backup the experience and see what happens. This is big reason why Favre didn't miss a start for long as he did, because of fear of losing it to someone like Mark Brunell because they all saw action sometime in the season.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
We are out of the playoff hunt.

That excuse is invalid and at this point in the season, starting Stanzi is the ONLY move for next week.

There really isnt other option at this point, is there?

RealSNR
12-04-2011, 01:04 PM

That excuse is invalid and at this point in the season, starting Stanzi is the ONLY move for next week.

There really isnt other option at this point, is there?My God man are you MAD??? /Haley

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2011, 01:07 PM

There really isnt other option at this point, is there?

I don't think we have a choice now. Palko doesn't even belong on a roster.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Its fate.

Im telling ya.

Its bout to get really interesting round here by years end.

chiefscafan
12-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Wow both offenses suck

chiefscafan
12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't know if I want palko to win he's already arrogant think what he will be with a win under his belt :(

chiefscafan
12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Man lOvie smith is a bad coach

BossChief
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
The kid needs to play.

milkman
12-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I have no grand illusions that Stanzi is the future of this franchise, but there's no way in hell that you can tell me that Tyler Palko is a better, more ready, QB.

I don't even believe that Matt Cassel is better, but's that's another argument altogether.

evenfall
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I wish they'd put Stanzi in so he'd look like Palko and we could end all of this.

O.city
I don't really want us to draft a qb. With this coaching staff it's likely that they will really fuck him up.

petegz28
Who is this Stanzi you all keep speaking of?

rolstrol
12-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I wish they'd put Stanzi in so he'd look like Palko and we could end all of this.

why would you want that?

rolstrol
12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't really want us to draft a qb. With this coaching staff it's likely that they will really **** him up.

the QBs the coaches have been given haven't exactly been the most talented QBs.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 01:56 PM
the QBs the coaches have been given haven't exactly been the most talented QBs.

Exactly.

I'm still convinced that Pioli didn't want any kind of QB competition for Cassel. Fully convinced.

Rasputin
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Fuck you Haley

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Exactly.

I'm still convinced that Pioli didn't want any kind of QB competition for Cassel. Fully convinced.

I've been saying this also

aturnis
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM

You're a fucking idiot. Surprised you've made it this far in life without choking on your own spit...

chiefscafan
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
No way would stanzi look as bad as palko

talastan
12-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Today really has confirmed in my mind that regardless of who might fall to us in the draft we are NOT picking a QB. Cassel will be the starter next season. Stanzi will probably be lucky to even make it past Camp. We might pick up a new 2nd string, but the hardheadedness that was on display today by the absolute refusal to even try when the game was well out of hand to play Stanzi; has shown me that they will be stubborn to the bitter end to keep doing what they want. Which IMO is playing Cassel at QB until Arrowhead is completely empty. Then Clark might can Pioli/Haley.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Today really has confirmed in my mind that regardless of who might fall to us in the draft we are NOT picking a QB. Cassel will be the starter next season. Stanzi will probably be lucky to even make it past Camp. We might pick up a new 2nd string, but the hardheadedness that was on display today by the absolute refusal to even try when the game was well out of hand to play Stanzi; has shown me that they will be stubborn to the bitter end to keep doing what they want. Which IMO is playing Cassel at QB until Arrowhead is completely empty. Then Clark might can Pioli/Haley.

Agree. This organization is scared of Stanzi showing enough to warrant competition for Cassel's spot next year.

It's the only plausible explanation for sticking with Palko.

milkman
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Agree. This organization is scared of Stanzi showing enough to warrant competition for Cassel's spot next year.

Assuming that's the reason for continuing to trot Palko out there, then who is to blame?

Backwards Masking
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM

And that alone, if true (I don't disagree) makes our coaching staff the laughing stock of the NFL in my book.

milkman
12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
And that alone, if true (I don't disagree) makes our coaching staff the laughing stock of the NFL in my book.

Our coaching staff?

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Right now I'm laughing at all the morons the past few weeks who said, "Stanzi is a 3rd stringer. What are they odds that he's better than Palko"

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I wish they'd put Stanzi in so he'd look like Palko and we could end all of this.LMAO You're such a tool

Backwards Masking
12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Our coaching staff?

management, actually. our staff is going along with their orders probably.

do you know for sure who's making these decisions? i'd sure like to know. the coaches technically should get the blame, no?

DTLB58
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Should've started this season.

kysirsoze
12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
He didn't rule out giving Stanzi a chance in these final three weeks. Palko has been bad enough that, yep, it's probably Stanzi time.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 04:22 PM

I think the interesting question is, do you go with Orton or Stanzi?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The way he's talked about on here, you'd think he's Luck.

Most likely we'll end up with a worst-case scenario, and we'll end up beating Denver and Oakland, finishing with a preposterous seven wins in which Stanzi will play mediocre, but because of those wins he'll be used as an excuse not to move up if the opportunity of a QB presents itself.

Bowser
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Most likely we'll end up with a worst-case scenario, and we'll end up beating Denver and Oakland, finishing with a preposterous seven wins in which Stanzi will play mediocre, but because of those wins he'll be used as an excuse not to move up if the opportunity of a QB presents itself.

That is no shit right there. Guy can't even manage a decent haircut, yet everyone expects him to play like 2004 Peyton Manning.

kysirsoze
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I think the interesting question is, do you go with Orton or Stanzi?

If I wanted to win, Orton. If I wanted to take steps to actually address our QB situation for the future, Stanzi. I don't know that Stanzi will be anything special at all. We just should have at least some idea going into next year. If he plays really well, great! He may be the miracle QB CP hopes he is. Or he may be a typical 5th round pick. It'll be nice to have SOME idea.

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Most likely we'll end up with a worst-case scenario, and we'll end up beating Denver and Oakland, finishing with a preposterous seven wins in which Stanzi will play mediocre, but because of those wins he'll be used as an excuse not to move up if the opportunity of a QB presents itself.I'm a Stanzi fan and want him to start for multiple reasons. I think he can play good football.

The other thing it would do is it would at least force this team to acquire some logical fucking consistency.

"Start the best players who will get you the win."- Uhh... okay? So why are we starting an interception-happy Curtis Painter wannabe who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn?

jspchief
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM

That's bullshit. Outside of Bosschief and maybe a few other posters, most of the people that want to see Stanzi want it simply because they see no point in continuing to run Cassel or Palko out there.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Assuming that's the reason for continuing to trot Palko out there, then who is to blame?

Hunt maybe, Pioli for sure, and Haley too for not having the balls to do it anyway.

keg in kc
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Next week would I think be a decent week, although the way the Raiders are playing right now that one might be the better choice. I certainly would not have done it against Pittsburgh, the Bears or the Jets. Baptism of fire is one thing. Those games would have been lamb to the slaughter.

Kind of mixed on which one I'd go with, though. There would be no expectations at all against the Packers, so it's not like he can really go out there and flop. But they might actually have a shot at beating the Raiders. The way the donkey defense has been playing, that game in week 17 could be a problem, but then again, as odd as it sounds, I've always liked the idea of starting a rookie/young QB on the road during a season like this one. Although at the same time, I don't think we'll really have to worry about the crowd turning on him. Because there won't be one (talking about Arrowhead).

Best case scenario in my mind would be a win over the Raiders and a competitive game against the Broncos. Maybe let Palko be the one decimated by Aaron Rodgers next week. Not that it matters in the bigger picture, but I'd like to try to start the guy out with a "W".

scho63
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
After I stopped watching the game early when they switched to the Pats/Skins, I went shopping for dinner, started to calm down and tried to think of a rational reason why Stanzi didn't start the second half.

I asked myself these questions:
-Is Palko our QOTF? The answer is Hell no
-Is the game still close despite us playing bad? Hell no we are down by 25 and are getting beat in every facet of the game.
-Does our offense possess quick strike capability to bring us back quickly? Hell no, not even close.
-Is Stanzi hurt? Hell no

So why the f*ck don't we give our rookie QB, who we spent a 5th round draft pick on, a chance to try and shake things up? Maybe a chance to re-energize the team? Haley had nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving the kid the reins. If we lost, who cares we are already getting our ass kicked. If we came back and made it close, the kid would have built some confidence. And if we somehow found a way to win, it would have been huge for the franchise. Instead we trot out some retread QB who's been cut by everyone and has thrown 7 INT's, been sacked 10 times and truly sucks.

There is only two answers I can think of: Haley is the dumbest coach in the NFL or Pioli has told Haley do not play Stanzi under any circumstances unless Puke-o dies of a heart attack on the field.

Aside from that, there is no reason. If Stanzi is SO bad he can't play under these circumstances, why the f*ck don't we just cut or trade him???

O.city
12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
I think this team has the tools to be a quick strike offense. Hell a team is deemed a quick strike offense by the qb they have under center.

Pats have the wrs to be quick strike? hell no but they are cause of Brady.

Packers? Yeah but Rodgers is going at a wacky pac this year.

scho63
12-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I think this team has the tools to be a quick strike offense. Hell a team is deemed a quick strike offense by the qb they have under center.

Pats have the wrs to be quick strike? hell no but they are cause of Brady.

Packers? Yeah but Rodgers is going at a wacky pac this year.

So the answer for the Chiefs is still NO

O.city
12-11-2011, 05:05 PM
No we aren't quick strike becasue of our qb

Canofbier
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I didn't get to see much of Stanzi at Iowa, but I know he has a reputation as a winner.

It's not reasonable to expect him to come in and be Tom Brady or some shit, but if we're serious about addressing the QB situation, we have to see what we have, and that involves giving Stanzi a start or two.

scho63
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
No we aren't quick strike becasue of our qb

That's my point-plus we have no RB who can break off a 40-50 yard run anymore

Rasputin
12-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Damn strait Stanzi should start.

We aint got nothing to lose now.

Fuck orton

Fuck retreads.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2011, 03:24 PM

**** orton

**** retreads.

Don't be an idiot.

Sofa King
12-24-2011, 03:35 PM
I love how the dickbags just lie in wait for the chiefs to do something bad so they can bump these stupid fucking threads.

mnchiefsguy
12-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Season is done, so there really is no reason not to start the kid and see what he can do.

kcpasco
12-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Season is done. Start Palko to fuck Oakland.

Rasputin
12-24-2011, 03:41 PM
I know Orton is going be starting next week. I think it's :BS: that Stanzi never got an opportunity this season. He needed to play some this season to give him experience for next season that would add compitition if we do get to draft a QB in this years draft. Pioli most likely will pick a late rounder just the way he takes QBs. FN bull sh!t.

Rasputin
12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I love how the dickbags just lie in wait for the chiefs to do something bad so they can bump these stupid ****ing threads.

Even if we won I would still want to see Stanzi. I've wanted to see a rookie QB even before the trade of Joe Montana. This isn't about Stanzi, it's about having the balls to play a rookie QB for the Chiefs.

aturnis
12-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Season is done. Start Palko to **** Oakland.

Wouldn't you rather Oakland lands in the playoffs so that Palmer winds up costing them two first round picks?

kcpasco
12-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Wouldn't you rather Oakland lands in the playoffs so that Palmer winds up costing them two first round picks?

They would have to win 2 playoff games for that to happen. So F that.

aturnis
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
They would have to win 2 playoff games for that to happen. So F that.

Thought they only had to win one...

kcpasco
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM

They gotta make the championship game.

aturnis
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM

The details of the Carson Palmer trade that will send the quarterback to the Raiders from the Bengals are coming to light. The Raiders will surrender a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional pick in 2013, a second-round pick that would turn into a first-rounder if the Raiders win a playoff game.

I was right.

aturnis
12-24-2011, 04:19 PM
They gotta make the championship game.

link?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I love how the dickbags just lie in wait for the chiefs to do something bad so they can bump these stupid fucking threads.

esto.

jd1020
12-24-2011, 04:21 PM
link?

They have to make the AFC Championship game. They would have to win 2 games since they'll be playing in the wildcard week.

notorious
12-24-2011, 04:21 PM
WTF?

You guys want to throw a rookie into a game at Insestco with the division on the line for Denver?! That would ruin him!

Oh, wait, 5th round QB's are disposable like diapers. Who gives a fuck?

Okie_Apparition
12-24-2011, 04:22 PM
TOday's QB, who sat for the losers of SB 41-Orton

The season starter QB, who sat for the losers of SB 42 -Cassel

Stanzi has all that to look up too

Rams Fan
12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I was right.

They have to win a divisional play off game.

TimeForWasp
12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I would like to see Stanzi start next week so we can see what we have in him. We know what we have in Orton and know we want him over cassel , now I would like to see what we have in Stanzi. I really don't give a fuck who wins the division now and if we lose with Stanzi, we know what he can do and we move up a spot in the draft. As far as Crennel goes, It doesn't matter to me if he is named head coach, I can go either way.

aturnis
12-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Guess you're right. That'll teach me to go with info from immediately after the trade from SBnation. Found an ESPN article. Damn.

whoman69
12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't see anyway with Crennel trying to win his job that he goes with a rookie. But for the franchise its the right move to make.

boogblaster
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
start the kid ... let him beat the donks ......

R8RFAN
12-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Fuck orton

Fuck retreads.

Fuck off douche

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid

tk13
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM

Cincinnati has to play Baltimore next weekend. There's still a possibility that Oakland could get in as a wild card if they win and things fall right, regardless of what happens to Denver.

R8RFAN
12-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Cincinnati has to play Baltimore next weekend. There's still a possibility that Oakland could get in as a wild card if they win and things fall right, regardless of what happens to Denver.

If we win and donks lose we are AFCW Champs
If we win and Donks win we need

TEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=TEN) To Lose @ HOU (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=HOU)
We win because of better record
or
BAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BAL) @ CIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=CIN) To Lose
We win because of better conference record

If both win we are out

Jets can't hurt us because we beat them head to head

Correct me if I am wrong

Rasputin
12-24-2011, 07:44 PM
**** off douche

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid

All the more reason to start Stanzi. Just to piss off R8ards.

KCBOSS1
12-24-2011, 08:03 PM
not going to happen. Crennel is fighting for a job, Orton returning to Denver with the opportunity to play the spoiler. Not going to happen. Next thread

whoman69
12-24-2011, 08:06 PM
If we win and donks lose we are AFCW Champs
If we win and Donks win we need

TEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=TEN) To Lose @ HOU (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=HOU)
We win because of better record
or
BAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BAL) @ CIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=CIN) To Lose
We win because of better conference record

If both win we are out

Jets can't hurt us because we beat them head to head

Correct me if I am wrong

Forgive us if we're not wanting to help out the farging Raiders, douche.

R8RFAN
12-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Forgive us if we're not wanting to help out the farging Raiders, douche.

Forgive me, you did enough for us today already LMAO

stonedstooge
12-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Knocking out the Donks next weekend would make me consider this year a successful one. Fuck them

R8RFAN
12-24-2011, 08:20 PM
After the way that High School offense beat the Raiders and Chiefs there should be blood

Cornstock
12-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Season is over. Lyle Norton is not the answer long term, so why not give the kid a live-action practice?

KCBOSS1
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Not going to happen

aturnis
12-25-2011, 12:28 AM
To all you Stanzi haters.

http://i.imgur.com/dQB0s.jpg

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/1c/Leia_holo.jpg

Stanzi is our only hope

BossChief
03-18-2012, 12:49 PM
If there was a real competition between

Cassel-Stanzi-Quinn

Stanzi would win the job without question.

Too bad politics are too heavily involved to make that happen.

DeezNutz
03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I need to see Stanzi taking reps with the first team in camp/pre-season games.

RealSNR
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
That can be done.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn67/ai-as50-1.jpg

BossChief
03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
The tough part is that wont happen.

Cassel will get all of the first string snaps because they are going all in on him.

If he doesnt get all the first team snaps and he fails again, that will be the excuse.

Its too bad.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM
If there was a real competition between

Cassel-Stanzi-Quinn

Stanzi would win the job without question.

Too bad politics are too heavily involved to make that happen.

What do you base this on? Brady Quinn is more talented than either guy.

whoman69
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM

What do you base that on?

ROFL:LOL:LMAO:shake:STFU

milkman
03-18-2012, 05:06 PM

From a pur physical standpoint, Brady Quinn is more talented than Stanzi, I believe.

I just don't see a guy with the mental makeup to be an NFL QB in Brady Quinn.

Stanzi, physically, is more talented than Cassel, though, and he showed me something in the preseason that suggests he might have the mental makeup required.

Won't really know the truth of that until he actually plays in a real game, because preseason is just preseason.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Oh look another Hawkeye homer.

Maybe the fact that Quinn was a first round pick with all the tools?

BossChief
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I might need to bring a blowgun to camp...

DeezNutz
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
From a pur physical standpoint, Brady Quinn is more talented than Stanzi, I believe.

Stanzi, physically, is more talented than Cassel, though, and he showed me something in the preseason that suggests he might have the mental makeup required.

Won't really know the truth of that until he actually plays in a real game, because preseason is just preseason.

Early portion of pre-season game three would be close enough for me to make a logical projection.

whoman69
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh look another Hawkeye homer.

Maybe the fact that Quinn was a first round pick with all the tools?

So was Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, JP Losman, Matt Leinart. What else you got?

BossChief
03-18-2012, 05:43 PM

Damn, how many Iowa homers are there on this board?

:evil:

DeezNutz
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM

Leinart and Leaf are pretty good examples of guys with serious mental-makeup problems, though the former also found himself in a system that wasn't conducive to his skill set.

Leaf, however, had off-the-charts physical skills. Dude was just a complete pussy and fuck up.

Bowser
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Let me guess - Haley was in on a conspiracy to keep Stanzi on the bench, then Romeo after him, because he wanted to throw the season, even though Stanzi is CLEARLY better than both of them?

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM

So was Peyton Manning, Matt Stafford, and Phillip Rivers.

BossChief
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Let me guess - Haley was in on a conspiracy to keep Stanzi on the bench, then Romeo after him, because he wanted to throw the season, even though Stanzi is CLEARLY better than both of them?

The moment Romeo took over, Palko was pushed to 3rd string....Stanzi went up to #2.

Also, only us Hawkeye fans remember this, but Romeo had an interview that week where he talked about the possibility of starting Stanzi and that it would be a gametime decision.

Even Haley had an interview the week before he was fired saying he had thought about starting Stanzi but wanted to wait for the right opportunity to make that change because he didn't want his first start to be under bad circumstances.

The kid is gonna get his chance and run with it.

milkman
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM

The point that you fail to recognize is that without the mental makeup, the intangibles, physical tools mean jack.

I'm not sure that Rivers actually has the mental makeup.

He has the propensity for the huge stupid mistake at the most inopportune times.

There's something lacking there.

There are other guys that didn't have the total physical package (see Joe Montana, Drew Brees) that excelled because they were the unquestioned complete package from the mental aspect.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 06:09 PM
The point that you fail to recognize is that without the mental makeup, the intangibles, physical tools mean jack.

I'm not sure that Rivers actually has the mental makeup.

He has the propensity for the huge stupid mistake at the most inopportune times.

There's something lacking there.

There are other guys that didn't have the total physical package (see Joe Montana, Drew Brees) that excelled because they were the unquestioned complete package from the mental aspect.

Actually no I recognize the mental makeup.

What some here fail to recognize here is Quinn has shown potential playing like an NFL QB in a handful of games. He hasn't had shit around him Mike Fury and Sedrick Steptoe?

I'm not saying Quinn is a franchise QB but he *could* *possibly* be good enough to be our starter.

BossChief
03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Quinn only had one game that I would consider "above average"

The next week he totally fell apart.

Id have to look back at which games those were, but the guy NEVER had a "good handful of games" in the NFL.

ever

milkman
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Actually no I recognize the mental makeup.

What some here fail to recognize here is Quinn has shown potential playing like an NFL QB in a handful of games. He hasn't had shit around him Mike Fury and Sedrick Steptoe?

I'm not saying Quinn is a franchise QB but he *could* *possibly* be good enough to be our starter.

Even if we weren't already aware of the situations that Quinn foind himself in, we've been reminded of it numerous times.

But the fact still remains, when he has faced pressure, whether real or imagined, or outside pressure to step up and prove that he belongs, he has failed to show he has the mental toughness to be that guy.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Quinn only had one game that I would consider "above average"

The next week he totally fell apart.

Id have to look back at which games those were, but the guy NEVER had a "good handful of games" in the NFL.

ever

First start: Denver: 23 of 35 239 2 touchdowns 0 INT

Minnesota 21 of 35 205 yards 1 touchdown 1 INT

Detroit 21 of 33 304 yards 4 touchdowns 0 INT

San Diego 25 of 45 271 3 touchdowns 0 INT

RealSNR
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Billay:

Can you tell me at exactly what point Tom Brady stopped being "just a 6th round pick?" Clearly you'd agree he is/was a HOF quarterback, but if the Chiefs had drafted him back in 2000 and had him sit behind Grbac and Collins for a year, you eventually have to investigate how he looks ON THE FIELD, right? And you can't just give him a starting job, you have to make careful assessments based on practice situations and preseason work. That's how Brady was promoted from 4th to 2nd string during his rookie year, after all.

So far we've got one training camp and preseason under our belts in which Stanzi played jack shit except for about 3 quarters in 4 games. When do you become curious what he can do in a real game? Do you ever?

Do you ever become curious about Tom Brady's talents when Dildo Magoo is fucking up in 2001?

Or is the ONLY way to discover that a late round pick is actually a pretty fucking good QB through luck-- through injuries to the starters?

whoman69
03-18-2012, 08:37 PM

You really want to compare Quinn to those guys? Back it up. First round QB isn't enough. So was Tim Tebow.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
You really want to compare Quinn to those guys? Back it up. First round QB isn't enough. So was Tim Tebow.

You're really good at throwing names out there but you do little else to make your argument.

aturnis
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
You're really good at throwing names out there but you do little else to make your argument.

He has a point in that Quinn,up until this point, more closely resembles the QB's he listed, than the ones you listed.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
He has a point in that Quinn,up until this point, more closely resembles the QB's he listed, than the ones you listed.

How so?

Great Expectations
03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
So the Idiots Out Walking Around fanboys are now comparing Stanzi to Tom Brady?????

whoman69
03-18-2012, 08:55 PM
First start: Denver: 23 of 35 239 2 touchdowns 0 INT

Minnesota 21 of 35 205 yards 1 touchdown 1 INT

Detroit 21 of 33 304 yards 4 touchdowns 0 INT

San Diego 25 of 45 271 3 touchdowns 0 INT

I can pull four games out the hat for Cassel and make him look great.

Your example #2 he has less than 6 YPA.

Followed up his first start with 14-36 185. Followed that up with 8-18 for 94 and 2 INT.

These are the stats for the three games he won as a starter:
14-36 185 0/0 5.1 YPA
6-19 90 0/0 4.7 YPA
10-17 66 0/2 3.9 YPA
average 10-24 113 4.7 YPA

Clearly his team was better when they took the ball out of his hands.

You're going to have to do much better to prove he's nothing more than inconsistent at best. Again he averages for his career 52.1% completions, 5.4 YPA. Those numbers make Matt Cassel look like an All-Pro.

Titty Meat
03-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I can pull four games out the hat for Cassel and make him look great.

Your example #2 he has less than 6 YPA.

Followed up his first start with 14-36 185. Followed that up with 8-18 for 94 and 2 INT.

These are the stats for the three games he won as a starter:
14-36 185 0/0 5.1 YPA
6-19 90 0/0 4.7 YPA
10-17 66 0/2 3.9 YPA
average 10-24 113 4.7 YPA

Clearly his team was better when they took the ball out of his hands.

You're going to have to do much better to prove he's nothing more than inconsistent at best. Again he averages for his career 52.1% completions, 5.4 YPA. Those numbers make Matt Cassel look like an All-Pro.

You mean a rookie QB with no weapons will throw for less than 6 yards an attempt? Shocking.

aturnis
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM
How so?

Well, you listed successful NFL QB's, and he listed first round failures. It's pretty obvious that up until this point, Quinn belongs in the latter.

aturnis
03-19-2012, 12:15 AM
So the Idiots Out Walking Around fanboys are now comparing Stanzi to Tom Brady?????

No, actually. The national football media did that. I think Foxsports and Fantasy Football Metrics. There were more though I believe.

jspchief
03-19-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't see any way that Stanzi gets a legit shot at competing for even 2nd string. You have to believe that Crennel and Daboll have a positive view of Quinn, or we wouldn't have signed him. And even if Quinn unseats Cassel as starter, Cassel's a shoe in for the backup spot.

Injury to Quinn or Cassel is the only way Stanzi will move up the depth chart.

evolve27
03-19-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't see any way that Stanzi gets a legit shot at competing for even 2nd string. You have to believe that Crennel and Daboll have a positive view of Quinn, or we wouldn't have signed him. And even if Quinn unseats Cassel as starter, Cassel's a shoe in for the backup spot.

Or Cassel gets traded on draft day for a 7th round pick

Marcellus
03-19-2012, 06:22 AM

So then why did they draft him? It's not like he is a hold over from the previous regime.

According to "War Room", the BB philosophy is you draft players who are a potential upgrade to someone on your roster, even of it is a #2 spot etc......

jspchief
03-19-2012, 06:45 AM
So then why did they draft him? It's not like he is a hold over from the previous regime.

According to "War Room", the BB philosophy is you draft players who are a potential upgrade to someone on your roster, even of it is a #2 spot etc......

They probably had designs on him following Cassel.

Unfortunately, Cassel is such a disaster, they've had to change course.

It's not that Stanzi never had a shot. It's that he doesn't have one playing behind Quinn and the two coaches that were ready to launch his career before they got fired.

Rausch
03-19-2012, 07:08 AM

That would be fuck'n sweet...:clap:

Rasputin
03-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Huh, really? Who would take a 7th with Cassel from us? Offer them a 4th & hope they take Cassel from us.

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey you never know. If San Francisco loses out on Manning they're pretty much going to be forced to start Kaepernick, who looked like poo last presesason. They might want insurance from a mediocre veteran who once played with Moss that one time and did fairly well :evil:

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
An article on PFT is saying how the Browns are looking to start McCoy this year and eyeing Barkley in the draft next year...

I really hope we still draft a qb; Tannehill, Foles, or Lindley.

Trade Cassel for anything.

And open the QB competition up between Stanzi/Quinn/Draft Pick

I hope for this...but know it won't be the case.

whoman69
03-19-2012, 08:03 AM
You mean a rookie QB with no weapons will throw for less than 6 yards an attempt? Shocking.

He wasn't a rookie for any of those numbers you or I put up. He got in one game in his rookie season and was 3-8 for 45 yards. In 2008 he had Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to throw to. You sound like an idiot Cassel apologist now. You have absolutely no proof anywhere to back up your claims that Quinn can be a good QB except that he was a first round pick. You give me a snapshot where you cherry pick one third of his starts. I take a look at the whole and say it doesn't add up. Stop being a fugtard Quinn apologist and say something that isn't stupid for a change.

boogblaster
03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
what did we pay fo Quinn .. 3 candy-wrappers and a Denny's gift card .....

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
He wasn't a rookie for any of those numbers you or I put up. He got in one game in his rookie season and was 3-8 for 45 yards. In 2008 he had Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to throw to. You sound like an idiot Cassel apologist now. You have absolutely no proof anywhere to back up your claims that Quinn can be a good QB except that he was a first round pick. You give me a snapshot where you cherry pick one third of his starts. I take a look at the whole and say it doesn't add up. Stop being a fugtard Quinn apologist and say something that isn't stupid for a change.Quinn = 27-year old QB with "potential". It doesn't matter that he's spent all of his career being a giant fuck up.

Stanzi = Much younger, unproven guy with a nice arm and a good eye for extending the play, but was drafted in the 5th round, the round of SATAN

talastan
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Quinn = 27-year old QB with "potential". It doesn't matter that he's spent all of his career being a giant **** up.

Stanzi = Much younger, unproven guy with a nice arm and a good eye for extending the play, but was drafted in the 5th round, the round of SATAN

Wasnt' that Houston rookie Yates also drafted in the fifith? :hmmm: I think we need to give Stanzi a real opportunity. I just have this feeling that Crennel/Daboll both have Quinn in mind for comfort purposes. Oh well whether Cassel/Quinn we'll be looking at a top ten pick again if they don't put Stanzi in for some playing time this season.

Phobia
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Oh yes. It happens over and over in this thread. Don't argue with destiny. It is coming.

NJChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoeReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Brady Quinn made it clear twice that he was told Cassel is the starter #chiefs

whoman69
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Bob Fescoe‏@bobfescoeReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Brady Quinn made it clear twice that he was told Cassel is the starter #chiefs

B...b...b...ut there's competition, right?

Phobia
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Bumped into Danan Hughes tonight. He thinks Stanzi is probably gonna be a backup for for quite a while. Not exactly earth-shattering stuff. He also thinks McNutt will fall in the draft for a variety of reasons but specifically referenced his somewhat disappointing 4.51 combine showing.

Rasputin
03-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Bumped into Danan Hughes tonight. He thinks Stanzi is probably gonna be a backup for for quite a while. Not exactly earth-shattering stuff. He also thinks McNutt will fall in the draft for a variety of reasons but specifically referenced his somewhat disappointing 4.51 combine showing.

Blah, Stanzi will kick ass in preseason and out whip the other two QBs but he still won't get the love.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Disappointing 4.54? I was glad to see he ran that fast. Did Danan think he was faster? Nobody else did. I thought everyone was expecting a 4.6-4.7 out of him.

Phobia
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Disappointing 4.54? I was glad to see he ran that fast. Did Danan think he was faster? Nobody else did. I thought everyone was expecting a 4.6-4.7 out of him.
Thought he was a 4.4 guy on pro day.

Rasputin
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I so much rather have Stanzi than Brady but just hope at least one of the two gets a shot at opening day and start.

Phobia
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM

He also hinted at some other factors but didn't offer and I didn't press.

Rasputin
03-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes I hope Stanzi starts. Rather him start than Brady Quinn but I did want to draft Brady Quinn but that's old news. We got two QBs that can compete and one that Pioli likes for his own personal reasons (personal reasons).

Titty Meat
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM

The Iowa fans don't want to hear it.

rico
03-21-2012, 01:23 AM

I have a pretty good idea as to what he could have been implying about Mcnutt.

Did he elaborate on why he thinks Stanzi will be backing up for a long time? Does he think he will be backing up for the Chiefs for a long time or in general? Does he have inside sources within the organization or is he going by what he has personally observed and/or a hunch?

ChiefsCountry
03-21-2012, 01:27 AM

Yeah he is going to be Brady Quinns backup.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
03-21-2012, 01:41 AM
The Iowa fans don't want to hear it.

Let it go already. Everybody knows you don't like Stanzi. I don't like you but I don't post about it every 13 minutes.

Phobia
03-21-2012, 01:43 AM
I have a pretty good idea as to what he could have been implying about Mcnutt.

Did he elaborate on why he thinks Stanzi will be backing up for a long time? Does he think he will be backing up for the Chiefs for a long time or in general? Does he have inside sources within the organization or is he going by what he has personally observed and/or a hunch?

Clearly Danan stays close to the Chiefs organization through his work with the ambassadors and at Metro Sports. But he was walking by in a restaurant and we hadn't chatted in a while so I kept it short. We actually talked about softball and the food at this place more than the Chiefs.

What do you think he's talking about with regard to McNutt?

Chiefnj2
03-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Did he say anything about Stanzi having some type of learning disability? I can't think of any other legit reason why he wouldn't be able to unseat Palko or Quinn.

BossChief
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Quinn is hurt.

Cassel is garbage.

It's time for Stanzi to get his chance.

keg in kc
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
If by 'chance' you mean 'elevated to #2 clipboard holder until Quinn's healthy' then yes, it's time.

Titty Meat
10-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Quinn is hurt.

Cassel is garbage.

It's time for Stanzi to get his chance.

Yup but here's the encouraging thing: The longer they take to go to him is a sign that Pioli/Crennel's job isn't safe.

okcchief
I would like to see Stanzi get a chance. I'm sure he can maintain the excellence of turning over the ball 4-5 times a game.

TEX
Stanzi should get a haircut...

BossChief
10-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Stanzi should get a haircut...

Someone that claimed to know him told me he is growing it for locks of love and will cut it when it's long enough to donate.

Bump
10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I agree. Give it to Stanzi. We've seen enough of pussy ass Brady Quinn and we already know the fail that Cassell is.

I mean, why the **** not right? who cares, see what he's made of. We got the #1 or 2 pick, we're getting one of those ****ing QB's, see if Stanzi deserves to be his backup or not.

aturnis
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Like I said in the banner thread. Next banner should be "We'd rather lose with Stanzi".

BossChief
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
We haven't had a lead in 7 games and our offense is shit.

I wanted Quinn to get a couple more games so there would be no questions left after he was done, but it seems his concussion was serious and he had another head injury in preseason iirc.

At 1-6, the season is over and Cassel won't be back at 8 million next year and Quinn has t done anything to be re-signed.

Time to find out what we have with the kid when he gets a chance with the starters.

My only fear is that he sparks the team and completely fucks up our draft position.

If we had let him on the field last year against Pittsburgh, we might have won the division...time for him to get a chance to show that he is terrible or good enough to keep around going forward.

Stanzi should start against the Chargers on Thursday.

ClevelandBronco
10-28-2012, 11:24 PM
We haven't had a lead in 7 games and our offense is shit.

I wanted Quinn to get a couple more games so there would be no questions left after he was done, but it seems his concussion was serious and he had another head injury in preseason iirc.

At 1-6, the season is over and Cassel won't be back at 8 million next year and Quinn has t done anything to be re-signed.

Time to find out what we have with the kid when he gets a chance with the starters.

My only fear is that he sparks the team and completely ****s up our draft position.

If we had let him on the field last year against Pittsburgh, we might have won the division...time for him to get a chance to show that he is terrible or good enough to keep around going forward.

Stanzi should start against the Chargers on Thursday.

Start him on Thursday? Maybe he should meet some of the players he'll be on the field with first.

AussieChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
He really should. This is horrible.

mcan
10-28-2012, 11:44 PM
At this point I don't want to ruin stanzi's career by throwing out there with no chance of success. Changing players on a team coached this badly is like throwing away your eight year old's plastic chess set and buying him a marble one. Okay, the pieces look different and you think that looks cool. But its still an eight year old trying to beat professionals at a very very tough game. These coaches need to go. They have shown nothing but incompetence and a complete lack of ability to prepare, attack, adjust, or execute a game plan.

Exoter175
10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Well, we've known what we have with Cassel since year 1. Starting to get a good idea on Quinn, though I'd like to see him get cleared and play on Thursday before I make my mind up on him. I love Stanzi like nobody else, and I know there's a metric fuck ton of fans out there who think they've got the inside beat on his ability based on a few preseason snaps last year and this year, that's fine. But until the kid gets into the vibe of a real NFL game or two, nobody really knows. As it sits right now, he's the best college QB on this roster without competition, but the real question is, can he transform into the player he was in college, if he gets snaps with the first team offense in a real game? I'm not sure. The Homer in me says "Fuck yes, super bowl or bust", but I'm starting to have my doubts with him. Either there's something wrong with him, or we've really been bamboozled so well and so long by Pioli, that the kid never had a chance to prove he could play because we've been spoonfed Cassel for as long as this regime has been here. If Brady isn't ready to go on Thursday, I say fuck it and start Stanzi until Brady is healthy. Let the fanbase at least SEE what we've got here, it'll at least sell a ticket or two, and I'm sure Clark won't mind that.