PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanzi Should Start

Pages : [1] 2 3

BossChief
11-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Stanzi should start his first game this week at home against Pittsburgh.

That is all.

BigCatDaddy
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I see 0 reason not to. Pitts D isn't what it used to be.

Pasta Little Brioni
They wouldn't even put him in a blowout. It's obvious they are continuing with Falco as sad as it is.

Jerm
There's no point with this Palko shit...he isn't the present or future and everyone knows it.

Let Stanzi play and see if he sinks or swims.

RealSNR

That is all.
He should have started this week.

Hell, he should have fucking started against the Bills.

RealSNR
11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
There's no point with this Palko shit...he isn't the present or future and everyone knows it.

Let Stanzi play and see if he sinks or swims.Maybe the Chiefs are sucking for Luck/RGIII/Barkley/JizzyTheRetardedClown?

cmh6476
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
i'm ok with palko one more week, since he came from pitt and will be playing pitt or some lame excuse. If he sucks, let's see what we have in stanzi from here on out. It's evaluation time for the entire 53 if/ when we get ass-raped by roethlisberger and squad

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Nah, we are sucking for the next retread and on and on and on and on it goes.

DeezNutz
The next time that I hear/read someone say that "arm strength is overrated," I'm going to be displeased.

Shogun
Maybe the Chiefs are sucking for Luck/RGIII/Barkley/JizzyTheRetardedClown?

im on the "suck for some athlete guy" wagon now

BossChief
Cassel deserved the shot he was given and failed.

Palko is obviously not the answer.

In preseason, things played out just like the regular season so far.

The only spark was when Stanzi played.

I think the same will hold true in the regular season as well.

jd1020
If Stanzi sucks we are going to have to use 3 draft picks on QB's in 2012 like the Raiders did.

talastan
11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Maybe the Chiefs are sucking for Luck/RGIII/Barkley/JizzyTheRetardedClown?

Sorry I think even Jizzy is too much of a risk and too high of a pick for Pioli to spend on a QB. :shake:

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Whatever Haley believes is the best for the team we should do. Questioning them really does nobody any good

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Too risky to play a rookie QB, you might only put up a field go...

kcxiv
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
It doesnt even matter, we wont see palko til the last afew games if at all.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 10:56 PM

:spock:

the Talking Can
Too risky to play a rookie QB, you might only put up a field go...

or he might throw a bunch of ints

jd1020

Awww, hell. You mean we drafted his brother too?

Shogun
11-21-2011, 10:57 PM
fuck it, lets just kick the FG whenever were in there territory from now on

i legitimately think we have a better shot at winning games on succops foot

BossChief
11-21-2011, 10:57 PM
We have scored 16 points in the last 3 games combined and just put up 3 on a defense that has been getting torched routinely.

It only makes sense

whoman69
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I see 0 reason not to. Pitts D isn't what it used to be.

Not sure about that, but the sentiment stands. Palko is filling in a spot. Stanzi has the chance to earn a future.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
fuck it, lets just kick the FG whenever were in there territory from now on

i legitimately think we have a better shot at winning games on succops foot

and we passed on a 53 yard field goal to poop on the field.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Give Palko the first half. Let PITT put up 40 points and put Stanzi in in the second half. That way there's no pressure on him.

Chiefnj2
11-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Give Palko the first half. Let PITT put up 40 points and put Stanzi in in the second half. That way there's no pressure on him.

Except for the pressure on his rib cage and spine from Steeler defenders driving him into the turf.

talastan
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
The time is now, no more reason not to throw the rook in. If he is worth a darn he'll at least show some spark, and what better way to measure that then against the best of the NFL which we play over the next four weeks.

Cassel/Palko have seriously hampered this team long enough. Our D looked good but I wonder if the lack of offense is causing them to be worn out. :hmmm:

nose
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
He should have started this week.

Hell, he should have ****ing started against the Bills.

x1000000

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Firing Haley/Pioli would be a nice spark for this team.

nose
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
The time is now, no more reason not to throw the rook in. If he is worth a darn he'll at least show some spark, and what better way to measure that then against the best of the NFL which we play over the next four weeks.

Cassel/Palko have seriously hampered this team long enough. Our D looked good but I wonder if the lack of offense is causing them to be worn out. :hmmm:

Except for the fact that he may be killed! But hell what is there left to lose? I say DO IT!

talastan
11-21-2011, 11:04 PM

Except for the pressure on his rib cage and spine from Steeler defenders driving him into the turf.

Name Stanzi the starter. By putting him in half you're just setting him up to play a game in which he'll have to stick strictly to the passing game to come from behind. Harrison and Crew will just pin their ears back and smash the kid into the ground.

BossChief

no

Let the kid go out there and throw punches.

Stanzi is a damn fighter and he needs the work. Against Pittsburgh, he would make some correctable mistakes and let the coaches start to develop him throughout the remainder of the year.

No matter how it would play out, it would be a good way to start.

notorious
But this team still has a shot at the playoffs.

We need to bring in Culpepper or Favre, that's the ticket.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 11:06 PM
"Tyler did a terrific, terrific job." Haley in his presser.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:07 PM

oh, no.

was this in jest?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-21-2011, 11:08 PM

That should be Haley's Heckuva job, Brownie.

DBOSHO

Please tell me youre joking.

DeezNutz
oh, no.

was this in jest?

Nope. Completely serious. Direct quotation. "I have a lot of confidence in Tyler. I really do." Just said this. In earnest.

Stanzi is not starting the next game. "I'm excited about a lot of things he did." Again, completely serious.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Name Stanzi the starter. By putting him in half you're just setting him up to play a game in which he'll have to stick strictly to the passing game to come from behind. Harrison and Crew will just pin their ears back and smash the kid into the ground.

Why would you have to stick to anything when the game is over?

Pasta Little Brioni
Firing Haley/Pioli would be a nice spark for this team.

I'd settle for "Gramps".

tk13
I think if you want our 5th round pick who has been active for one week to have his first NFL start trying to decipher Dick LeBeau's blitz packages, you are nuts and should never talk about QB play on this forum again. Sorry.

Unless the dude turns out to be the greatest QB who ever lived. Then I'll recant my statement.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
The only way Stanzi starts is if someone "Hardings" Falco.

notorious
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
:facepalm:

Coachspeak. Learn it, hate it, ignore it.

Bearcat
11-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Seems like it would be throwing him to the wolves, but whatever... starting Palko is just a waste of time.

OTOH, unlike Pittsburgh, Chicago's defense has actually taken a couple of steps back, so that could work, too.

DeezNutz
I think if you want our 5th round pick who has been active for one week to have his first NFL start trying to decipher Dick LeBeau's blitz packages, you are nuts and should never talk about QB play on this forum again. Sorry.

Unless the dude turns out to be the greatest QB who ever lived. Then I'll recant my statement.

While I can appreciate this perspective, starting Palko is beyond farce.

DBOSHO

Youre right.

Ill settle for 3 more points and 3 more interceptions instead.

jd1020
11-21-2011, 11:12 PM

Whats the point of putting Stanzi in? Are we gonna beat the Steelers if Stanzi plays all 4? Nope.

Three7s
That's the last straw for me. Haley needs to be fired now.

JD, as usual, you don't seem to get the point.

tk13

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean we should kill Stanzi because of another poor personnel decision. Palko legitimately has no arm strength... at least we don't have to argue about it anymore. I actually thought he played better than I thought he would. He actually went through progressions and wasn't horrific if you didn't have him throwing to guys 25 yards downfield.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Whats the point of putting Stanzi in? Are we gonna beat the Steelers if Stanzi plays all 4? Nope.

Then let's forfeit. If you think I'm worried about "ruining" a fifth rounder, I'm not. The point is, due to poor roster construction, Stanzi is the best QB on the team.

Thus, he plays.

Noss
11-21-2011, 11:13 PM

That is all.

:thumb: Amen!

No since waiting another two and a half seasons.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Nope. Completely serious. Direct quotation. "I have a lot of confidence in Tyler. I really do." Just said this. In earnest.

Stanzi is not starting the next game. "I'm excited about a lot of things he did." Again, completely serious.damn, i sad

Rookies learn more from losses than wins.

Look at the way Dalton and others have played against Pittsburgh. They arent quite as good as they used to be. They can be attacked.

Not with Palkos pop gun, though.

DBOSHO
11-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Ponders first start was against the world champion green bay packers.

He did just fine. Dont give me the "dont hurt his fragile brain playing a good team" crap. Im so sick of that stupid argument.

tk13
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not going to sit here and waste my time with a group of people comparing Stanzi to Cam Newton and Ponder and Andy Dalton. It is a waste of time.

notorious
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Deez is correct.

Ruining a 5th round QB is like breaking a plastic fork.

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Said it last week Stanzi should have started the Patriots defense sucks. He would have done some good things out there tonight for his confidence.

tk13
I will say this... if Stanzi is as good as those other QB's, then you certainly can't call Pioli a failure if he's picking top 10-15 quality QBs in the 5th round.

jd1020
Ponders first start was against the world champion green bay packers.

He did just fine. Dont give me the "dont hurt his fragile brain playing a good team" crap. Im so sick of that stupid argument.

Packers D isn't good. If the Chiefs wanted to start Stanzi they should have done it today.

Play him in garbage time until the Packers game.

Hammock Parties
I'm not going to sit here and waste my time with a group of people comparing Stanzi to Cam Newton and Ponder and Andy Dalton. It is a waste of time.

You know what's a waste of time?

Letting Tyler Palko lead your team to 3 points.

We could score 3 points and let Stanzi get some experience.

tk13
11-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh I agree, tonight was a total waste of time. But that is an issue completely unrelated to Ricky Stanzi. The rest of this season is probably a waste of time whether Stanzi plays or not. I don't think he's going to save us. But if he is, then Pioli's a genius.

DBOSHO
11-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Packers D isn't good. If the Chiefs wanted to start Stanzi they should have done it today.

Id wager that dom capers scheme is every bit as complex and confusing as dick lebeaus.not to mention rodgers scoring every drive puts more pressure on you as an offense.

DBOSHO
11-21-2011, 11:21 PM
I guess we should just trade stanzi since we wont be playing the colts every week.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh I agree, tonight was a total waste of time. But that is an issue completely unrelated to Ricky Stanzi. The rest of this season is probably a waste of time whether Stanzi plays or not. I don't think he's going to save us. But if he is, then Pioli's a genius.

He's not going to save us, and I don't think that Stanzi is worthy of washing Cam Newton's jersey. But I know he damn near has to be better than Palko, and I'm going to treat a late-round selection like I would treat RBs. Turn 'em and burn 'em.

Rasputin
11-21-2011, 11:22 PM

At this point wins arn't the biggest issue. Got to be able to score points in order to do that.

Let Stanzi get playing time experience this year to prep him for next season & give him a chance to get something out of this season. For the team would show confidence in the young kid and have something to build upon.

PRIEST
11-21-2011, 11:24 PM

This:p

jd1020
At this point wins arn't the biggest issue. Got to be able to score points in order to do that.

Let Stanzi get playing time experience this year to prep him for next season & give him a chance to get something out of this season. For the team would show confidence in the young kid and have something to build upon.

He can get plenty of playing time without the pressure of starting. There's going to be tons of garbage time over the next 6 weeks.

notorious
We've hit rock bottom.

It's a scary sign when we are praying that a 5th round QB gets playing time so that we can build for the future.

This has to be purgatory. FML

jd1020
11-21-2011, 11:25 PM
We've hit rock bottom.

It's a scary sign when we are praying that a 5th round QB gets playing time so that we can build for the future.

Why do people keep bringing up 5th round like it fucking matters. He actually looks like a QB. Unlike our #1 and #2.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Palko is gonna be a FA after this year.

Stanzi is gonna be here 4 years, minimum.

Play the kid.

DeezNutz
We've hit rock bottom.

I don't think we would be building for the future, since I don't think Stanzi is a part of it. However, at this point we're trying to avoid looking like a national fucking joke and garnering further comparisons to the Washington Generals.

Rasputin
He can get plenty of playing time without the pressure of starting. There's going to be tons of garbage time over the next 6 weeks.

I don't want him in garbage time. Give the kid a chance from start to finish. DAMN **** DAMN **** DAMN

Three7s
11-21-2011, 11:27 PM
We've hit rock bottom.

You think this is rock bottom? It's gonna get a lot worse.

notorious
11-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Why do people keep bringing up 5th round like it ****ing matters. He actually looks like a QB. Unlike our #1 and #2.

It does fucking matter. It's fucking pathetic that this fucking team hasn't used a first fucking round pick on a fucking QB in over 25 fucking years!

jd1020
11-21-2011, 11:28 PM
It does ****ing matter. It's ****ing pathetic that this ****ing team hasn't used a first ****ing round pick on a ****ing QB in over 25 ****ing years!

Talent is found through out the draft...

Hammock Parties
11-21-2011, 11:28 PM

This is worse than the Herm years, because Pioli has not brought us a crop of young players to root for. Well, the two he has are injured, anyway.

We are now reduced to hoping Pioli gets his shit right before the players Herm brought in leave us.

notorious
11-21-2011, 11:29 PM
I agree, Stanzi should start so we can get that out of the way and start building this shit-pile franchise the correct way.

notorious
11-21-2011, 11:30 PM
You know what really fucked the season up (other then the ACLs) is that we won 4 games in a row.

Just like the normal script reads, we are given hope only to have it shit on.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2011, 11:30 PM
This is as bad as watching Huard go fetal every week. Just no hope. At least Stanzi offers some glimmer.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:31 PM

FUCK THAT

I want the kid to have a lot of tape for them to be able to watch over and over throughout the offseason and pick apart. Then, they can correct things and teach him what he saw so he can identify it in the future.

GOOD and BAD tape.

Stanzi will make the same amount of mistakes as Palko, but will also show you a lot more as a passer.

The time should be NOW to make that change. Its not like Palko is gonna go out there and beat Pittsburgh, so whats the point of playing him over the kid that will be here for a few more years?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Can't wait for another 6 weeks of Falco!!!

DeezNutz
The Vegas line for the GB game should be interesting.

Bugeater
It's pretty obvious that it just isn't going to happen. You're wasting your time even thinking about it.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:36 PM
It's pretty obvious that it just isn't going to happen. You're wasting your time even thinking about it.

look at our schedule.

We are gonna get blown out in all of the remaining games if we cant mount some kind of offense.

How many blowouts will it take before a change is made?

You don't think a change will be made, no matter what?

Bugeater
11-21-2011, 11:39 PM
look at our schedule.

We are gonna get blown out in all of the remaining games if we cant mount some kind of offense.

How many blowouts will it take before a change is made?

You don't think a change will be made, no matter what?
No. The only people who appear to be bothered by the blowouts are the fans, and they don't get to decide who plays.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:41 PM
No. The only people who appear to be bothered by the blowouts are the fans, and they don't get to decide who plays.

tell that to the fans in Denver

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 11:42 PM
tell that to the fans in Denver

And Elway says he is still searching for a "championship-level QB." And we have Pioli.

aturnis
11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't think we would be building for the future, since I don't think Stanzi is a part of it. However, at this point we're trying to avoid looking like a national ****ing joke and garnering further comparisons to the Washington Generals.

The scouts, GM, and coaches have been outright fucking giddy about getting Stanzi, especially where they got him, and you think he is not part of this teams future?

Titty Meat
11-21-2011, 11:45 PM
The scouts, GM, and coaches have been outright ****ing giddy about getting Stanzi, especially where they got him, and you think he is not part of this teams future?

So giddy they keep him benched behind Palko?

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:45 PM
The scouts, GM, and coaches have been outright fucking giddy about getting Stanzi, especially where they got him, and you think he is not part of this teams future?

If that's true, he will play in a few games this year.

DeezNutz
11-21-2011, 11:46 PM
The scouts, GM, and coaches have been outright ****ing giddy about getting Stanzi, especially where they got him, and you think he is not part of this teams future?

I'm not going to consider any late-round selection part of the team's future until he proves otherwise, let alone a player who made the active roster for the first time in week 11.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2011, 11:47 PM

Palko probably can't survive the rest of the year.

Stanzi will play.

BossChief
11-21-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm not going to consider any late-round selection part of the team's future until he proves otherwise, let alone a player who made the active roster for the first time in week 11.

fair enough.

After all, he didn't go to Mizzou. :p

aturnis
11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
fair enough.

After all, he didn't go to Mizzou. :p

Well said.

Sutter Cane
11-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Personally, I'd love to see Stanzi given a shot at starting. Maybe my memory is a decieving me, but I remember him being pretty good at Iowa his senior year, I mean so why not give him a shot? He can't be any worse than Palko

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
As stated before we got to see what the kid has as a QB on this level. If it is as a starter or backup because we won't know if we don't give Stanzi the opportunity to prove his sand.

Okie_Apparition
11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Haley won't just hand the starters job to Stanzi
He's going to make him wait his turn & learn

the Talking Can
11-22-2011, 12:01 AM
i kept waiting for palko's arm to fly off...like a golf club slipping someone's grip

Chief_For_Life58
11-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Haley obviously does not know how to coach. I used to be on his team but I cant stand behind Haleys decisions. Pioli needs to grow a pair already. Dude arent you like 50?

the Talking Can
11-22-2011, 12:02 AM
for how long can a coach look his team in the face while trotting out mult-int Palko?

keg in kc
11-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Personally, I'd love to see Stanzi given a shot at starting. Maybe my memory is a decieving me, but I remember him being pretty good at Iowa his senior year, I mean so why not give him a shot? He can't be any worse than PalkoAnd this is where I rewind back to last week, when everybody was saying Palko can't be any worse than Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2011, 01:05 AM
And this is where I rewind back to last week, when everybody was saying Palko can't be any worse than Cassel.

He wasn't any worse. Pretty much the same.

Brock
11-22-2011, 01:06 AM
And this is where I rewind back to last week, when everybody was saying Palko can't be any worse than Cassel.

Like there's a huge chasm separating them.

kcxiv
11-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Haley won't just hand the starters job to Stanzi
He's going to make him wait his turn & learn

Well Haley needs to do somehing or he wont be around next year. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass and Stanzi is the ONLY chance Haley has.

kcpasco
11-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Well Haley needs to do somehing or he wont be around next year. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass and Stanzi is the ONLY chance Haley has.

Man I hope Stanzi works out because we aren t getting Luck. So if Stanzi falls flat on his face we are fucked.

Titty Meat
11-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Man I hope Stanzi works out because we aren t getting Luck. So if Stanzi falls flat on his face we are ****ed.

Umm no

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Man I hope Stanzi works out because we aren t getting Luck. So if Stanzi falls flat on his face we are fucked.

Barkley and RG3 are good options.

keg in kc
11-22-2011, 02:34 AM
He wasn't any worse. Pretty much the same.My comment was more along the lines of "don't you people ever learn not to tempt fate".

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 07:39 AM

How many dropped balls? How many whiff sacks? How many stupid penalties?

EVERYTHING around Palko improved, some things more than others, when Palko came in with energy and improved the pace of the offense.

Now the QB play itself was easily worse - the throws were about the same (aka OFF-TARGET) but Cassel doesn't make the last throw for the INT in the end zone (or the near pick right before it). Neither of them have much touch or accuracy because they have to wind up like Randy Johnson to get the ball there.

But when Palki hustled and didn't hang on to the ball, the offensive line looked quite a bit better and that's a major issue for alot of people here...

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 07:40 AM

Exactly.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
I think the Chiefs are trying to keep Stanzi from getting beaten down. Palko is disposable. The Chiefs won't be competing for anything at this point.

Stanzi will be brought along slowly. He may get a shot next year.

BoneKrusher
11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Stanzi will be brought along slowly. He may get a shot next year.

this is why the Chiefs have never developed a QB

evenfall
11-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Give Palko three games and Stanzi three games. Then you have a better idea what you've got.

dallaschiefsfan
11-22-2011, 08:09 AM

THIS. Dumbest argument on this board. Whether he's a future backup or starter, it doesn't matter. If he can't handle the pressure of the NFL, then I want to know. If he needs to be kiddie-gloved, I'd rather move on.

Speaking of...while Palko doesn't have the physical skills (or the play-calling from the 2nd quarter on), he was not intimidated or fragile out there. I'd like to know if Stanzi has the same thing, but with more skills.

kysirsoze
11-22-2011, 08:14 AM

we should probably wait until Goodell outlaws hitting the QB before we start Stanzi. Better safe than sorry.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Give Palko three games and Stanzi three games. Then you have a better idea what you've got.

No thanks.

Palko wasn't running for his life and often had plenty of time to make his reads.

They have the most porous pass defense in the league and he just made bad decisions over and over.

Palko shouldn't start another game.

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 08:16 AM

EVERYTHING around Palko improved, some things more than others, when Palko came in with energy and improved the pace of the offense.

Now the QB play itself was easily worse - the throws were about the same (aka OFF-TARGET) but Cassel doesn't make the last throw for the INT in the end zone (or the near pick right before it). Neither of them have much touch or accuracy because they have to wind up like Randy Johnson to get the ball there.

But when Palki hustled and didn't hang on to the ball, the offensive line looked quite a bit better and that's a major issue for alot of people here...

Just part of it... Palko didnt do much to help this team last night. And if you get down to it, He killed the offensive momentum plenty by himself.

Dude is just a crappier version of Cassel if that is even possible.

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
No thanks.

Palko wasn't running for his life and often had plenty of time to make his reads.

They have the most porous pass defense in the league and he just made bad decisions over and over.

Palko shouldn't start another game.

agree 100%

talastan
11-22-2011, 08:21 AM
We've hit rock bottom.

Right so if draft position matters, then Stanzi should still be starting genious. Cassel was barely a 7th and Palko was undrafted. Quit using draft position as an argument. The kid is the best QB on the roster....PERIOD!

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Just part of it... Palko didnt do much to help this team last night. And if you get down to it, He killed the offensive momentum plenty by himself.

Dude is just a crappier version of Cassel if that is even possible.

No, Palko made poor reads. But he actually THREW the ball.

Just admit it, the reason Cassel spends so much time running for his life is because he's Matt Cassel, not because of the offensive line.

I know you're not arguing that Cassel should stay. I know that.

And you should also know that I'm not arguing that the offensive line is fine - it's clearly NOT.

However, our line isn't nearly the problem some people want to make it out to be. There are still people that think if we'd just move Brandon Albert inside and draft a LT in the 1st, everything will be fine. That's crazy.

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
No, Palko made poor reads. But he actually THREW the ball.

Just admit it, the reason Cassel spends so much time running for his life is because he's Matt Cassel, not because of the offensive line.

I know you're not arguing that Cassel should stay. I know that.

And you should also know that I'm not arguing that the offensive line is fine - it's clearly NOT.

However, our line isn't nearly the problem some people want to make it out to be. There are still people that think if we'd just move Brandon Albert inside and draft a LT in the 1st, everything will be fine. That's crazy.

I want a 1st rd QB PERIOD in next years draft, I want Cassel and Palko both gone.

Go into the season with just Stanzi and 1st rd QB guy.

I want an upgrade at LG, C and RT...

Is this too much to ask for?

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 08:32 AM
I want a 1st rd QB PERIOD in next years draft, I want Cassel and Palko both gone.

Go into the season with just Stanzi and 1st rd QB guy.

I want an upgrade at LG, C and RT...

Is this too much to ask for?

I think there an interior upgrade already on the roster in Hudson.

I'm ready for a housecleaning at the top, ALREADY. There's no excuse to not have some of these guys playing at this point. Wiegman is getting abused on every play. There's no way Hudson could be worse.

And I think Lilja is done. Body is just giving out on him, he doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Sure is nice to have Parker back, cracking heads.

Dayze
11-22-2011, 08:44 AM
we should draft a LT so Palko or Cassel will have more time in the pocket next year
/ true fan.

Chiefnj2
11-22-2011, 08:44 AM
It's inexcusable for Hudson to be the sole backup at LG, C and RG. It's been obvious for years that KC needed youth and upgrades across the OL. Having only 1 guy after 3 years is a joke.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 09:22 AM
It's inexcusable for Hudson to be the sole backup at LG, C and RG. It's been obvious for years that KC needed youth and upgrades across the OL. Having only 1 guy after 3 years is a joke.

Well, they did draft Asamoah, it's just that he's a starter now. :banghead:

DTLB58
11-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Palko isn't a Franchise QB so whats the point?

Let Stanzi play the rest of the way and see what ya got, and how early a round you need to take a QB in April.

Stanzi is the height and weight of Cassel and I think has a stronger arm, might as well see what he has between the ears.

philfree
11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
As far as our o line goes the Patriots were only rushing 3-4 players most of time. IMO they gave us time in hopes of Palko making mistakes.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-22-2011, 09:35 AM
next sunday, when Palko sucks it up, instead of booing, there should be a "we want Stanzi" clap clap clap clap chant

ChiefsOne
11-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Stanzi will get killed, he looks like a 17 year old kid on the sidelines.

BossChief
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I like this Parker guy. Wish he was around during the 2010 predraft

MahiMike
11-22-2011, 10:09 AM
2 more games like last night and he will. I'm setting the over/under on Palko at 3.

Chiefnj2
11-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Stanzi isn't ready to start. They didn't play him much in preseason. Prior to this past week, how many snaps do you think he got in practice during the week? Even last night he didn't look like he was prepared to go into the game if Calabaloo got hurt.

Dave Lane
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I think you give Palko one more week then it's Stanzi time.

keg in kc
11-22-2011, 11:27 AM

But when Palki hustled and didn't hang on to the ball, the offensive line looked quite a bit better and that's a major issue for alot of people here...I guess you missed the post immediately above yours where I said my comment was more along the lines of "don't you people ever learn not to tempt fate".

As in don't ever say "it can't get worse".

Because it can always get worse.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
We might as well get emotionally prepared to see Palko for the foreseeable future.

People say you can't start Stanzi against the Steelers. Fine.

Do you start him AT Chicago then? Or AT the New York Jets? Maybe you start him at home against the Packers?

At best, we could see him at Arrowhead against the Raiders, who might have the division locked up at that point. Then we go to Denver and face Von Miller again.

I guess I'm prepared to not see Stanzi this year at all... :(

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I guess you missed the post immediately above yours where I said my comment was more along the lines of "don't you people ever learn not to tempt fate".

As in don't ever say "it can't get worse".

Because it can always get worse.

The actual throws were worse. The timing was better, the protection was better, and in the first half, even the running game was better.

At worst, it was about the same. No way it was worse than Miami...or Buffalo...

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:34 AM
We might as well get emotionally prepared to see Palko for the foreseeable future.

Do you start him AT Chicago then? Or AT the New York Jets? Maybe you start him at home against the Packers?

At best, we could see him at Arrowhead against the Raiders, who might have the division locked up at that point. Then we go to Denver and face Von Miller again.

I guess I'm prepared to not see Stanzi this year at all... :(

At this point, it doesnt matter, He is not the future of this franchise. So really who cares?

I want a franchise QB, a 1st round QB that we can depend on for many years to come.

Stanzi, just like Cassel and Palko are disposable resources. They can and hopefully will be replaced.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
At this point, it doesnt matter, He is not the future of this franchise. So really who cares?

I want a franchise QB, a 1st round QB that we can depend on for many years to come.

Stanzi, just like Cassel and Palko are disposable resources. They can and hopefully will be replaced.

While I wouldn't pass on a 1st round QB if a legitimate one is available, comparing Stanzi to Cassel and Palko aren't anywhere near fair.

Stanzi is a legitimate QB prospect, period end of story. Until he's proven he can't play, the way the other two have, it's silly to just toss him aside.

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
While I wouldn't pass on a 1st round QB if a legitimate one is available, comparing Stanzi to Cassel and Palko aren't anywhere near fair.

Stanzi is a legitimate QB prospect, period end of story. Until he's proven he can't play, the way the other two have, it's silly to just toss him aside.

Hes a 5th round pick. He is disposable.

and yes there are several legit 1st rd QB's in this years draft. Its a QB rich draft...

BTW, glad you are back.

The Franchise
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't see Stanzi starting until we're through the rough part of our schedule. If he does get playing time....it will be at the end of games when we're down by 30 points and Palko has thrown 4 INTs.

Coogs
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Right at the end of the game, Gruden tossed the Stanzi question out there.

Myself, I would start Palko Sunday due to a short work week. But if the game goes like I anticipate it will, I would send Stanzi out there late 3rd to early 4th quarter and let him get his feet wet... then take over for the rest of the season.

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I don't see Stanzi starting until we're through the rough part of our schedule. If he does get playing time....it will be at the end of games when we're down by 30 points and Palko has thrown 4 INTs.You mean like last night?

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM

I guess I'm prepared to not see Stanzi this year at all... :(Cassel sucks so bad, even his injuries are poorly timed and late!

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
You mean like last night?

Should at least play him the rest of this season.

Just to see if he is good enough to be a career backup or not.

I would like to know if he can back up a shiney new franchise QB...

tk13
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Stanzi is a legit QB prospect. That doesn't mean you throw him out there on a short week against Dick LeBeau. I think people have finally snapped and are just grasping for a glimmer of hope. Just wait a week or two, starting this week isn't going to tell us anything about Stanzi except for his survival skills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Stanzi is a legit QB prospect. That doesn't mean you throw him out there on a short week against Dick LeBeau. I think people have finally snapped and are just grasping for a glimmer of hope. Just wait a week or two, starting this week isn't going to tell us anything about Stanzi except for his survival skills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not about snapping, its about seeing if he can be a legit long term backup for a franchise QB.

Need to know if he can play or not.

RealSNR
Question for all the "IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!!!" folks.

What's the worst that can happen against the Steelers? Hmm? Or the Bears? Or the Jets or the Packers? Stanzi will get hit? Sacked? His dick ripped off? What? Why is it dangerous to put him out there?

He's a goddamn football player. He gets paid thousands of dollars to make plays and get his clock cleaned every once in awhile.

What makes you all think it's far better to start Palko and let HIM make mistakes and get hit a lot than to start Stanzi and at least use the remaining games of the season wisely as evaluation for the future?

htismaqe
Hes a 5th round pick. He is disposable.

and yes there are several legit 1st rd QB's in this years draft. Its a QB rich draft...

BTW, glad you are back.

The $2 bag full of single-blade razors is disposable too. But you don't throw them away until AFTER you've used them and determined they leave you with razor bumps...

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
The $2 bag full of single-blade razors is disposable too. But you don't throw them away until AFTER you've used them and determined they leave you with razor bumps...

How did you know that I needed to shave today?

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

The Steelers aren't playing as well as they have in the past on defense.

Again, if the Steelers are just TOO much to start Stanzi this week, then you might as well not start him at all, because it isn't getting any easier.

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Question for all the "IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!!!" folks.

What's the worst that can happen against the Steelers? Hmm? Or the Bears? Or the Jets or the Packers? Stanzi will get hit? Sacked? His dick ripped off? What? Why is it dangerous to put him out there?

He's a goddamn football player. He gets paid thousands of dollars to make plays and get his clock cleaned every once in awhile.

What makes you all think it's far better to start Palko and let HIM make mistakes and get hit a lot than to start Stanzi and at least use the remaining games of the season wisely as evaluation for the future?

This!

Okie_Apparition
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't want to get the Hawkeye fans too excited :wackit:
but there needs to be a Stanzi package

Reerun_KC
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Again, if the Steelers are just TOO much to start Stanzi this week, then you might as well not start him at all, because it isn't getting any easier.

:thumb:

tk13
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't think playing him the rest of this season is necessarily going to give you an indication of whether he can hack it 3 years from now. The guy is going to be on the roster next year either way. He had no offseason to work with Zorn and was not being groomed at all to play in a game this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I have to admit that I find the argument(s) against seeing what Stanzi can do to be curious (as a non-football expert). But, why draft people if you aren't going to use them? That just seems like a waste of money and a chance to see if the kid has potential.

Kind of like Cameron's dad and his Ferrari: "He never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper."

HemiEd
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Deez is correct.

Ruining a 5th round QB is like breaking a plastic fork.

:LOL: Ok, this made me laugh.

Coogs
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM

While I tend to agree, I still would wait one week... only because this is a short work week. I would also give him time in the second half to get used to game conditions.

Finally, I would actually give him tape of the Bears, and have him start watching that with Zorn this week.

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Nobody's answering my question.

Why will Stanzi get "ruined" "broke" "killed" etc against the Steelers? Why the Steelers? Isn't it equally as likely that he gets "killed" against the Browns, Redskins, or Colts? A hit in football is a hit in football. It isn't like the Steelers all have 4-foot spikes coming out of their chests.

Are you saying it will damage is psyche? Well, then he's even more fragile and worthless than Cassel. But we still need to know for sure.

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
What if Palko gets "killed" against the Steelers? What are we going to do? Put Jerheme Urban in at QB? No. We're going to put in Stanzi.

But then he'll get killed! Ohhhhhhhnoooooooooooo!

Okie_Apparition
11-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Stanzi can do the Urban shuffle

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Okay, look at this everybody. Stanzi isn't as fragile as you all think.

I found photographic evidence of Stanzi getting "killed". But he got right back up and is now playing in the NFL you say? It seems to me that if he gets killed against the Steelers he'll just probably get up and try again.

http://dailyiowan.smugmug.com/Sports/Football-Iowa-vs-Ohio-State/112010foo25dcs/1098541495_fDYiC-L.jpg

What say all of you?

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think playing him the rest of this season is necessarily going to give you an indication of whether he can hack it 3 years from now. The guy is going to be on the roster next year either way. He had no offseason to work with Zorn and was not being groomed at all to play in a game this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then we keep trotting Palko out there, lose the rest of our games, and the stadium is COMPLETELY empty at the start of next season.

Seems like a reasonable course of action.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Why will Stanzi get "ruined" "broke" "killed" etc against the Steelers? Why the Steelers? Isn't it equally as likely that he gets "killed" against the Browns, Redskins, or Colts? A hit in football is a hit in football. It isn't like the Steelers all have 4-foot spikes coming out of their chests.

Are you saying it will damage is psyche? Well, then he's even more fragile and worthless than Cassel. But we still need to know for sure.

The one time he was injured in college was against Northwestern. Not Wisconsion, Michigan, or Ohio State.

Northwestern.

tk13
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
You guys have all lost your mind. I didn't say never use him or it's too dangerous. Just wait a couple weeks and get his feet wet against a Cover 2. I think that's a smarter strategy than throwing him out there with 3 days of practice against a DC who will drown him in blitz packages he is not prepared for. He's a 3rd sting QB so I don't think they've prepared him to play anyway, so this whole conversation is pointless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM

Since the coaches haven't let him touch the ball what makes you think he knows 15% of the playbook?

bricks
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Im in favor of starting Stanzi but I just don't think the time is right. I can sense that the majority on this board are desperate for good QB play.

But, Im gonna add my own perspective to this, what the heck is the point of playing him right now? when you have a offensive game plan that pretty much evolves around a short passing game and very very little downfield passing game creating a limitations on the quarterback himself.

This Pats game changed my outlook on the team. I realize that not only is Cassel the problem on offense but its quite clear that coaching is an issue, the playcalling is an issue. Haley has got to be one of the worst coaches I have ever seen when it comes to game making decisions and even managing a game. I don't think he has a clue of what he is doing? And to top it off, he coaches like he is scared. I'll bet that is why this team is so conservative on offense. and why they can never manage to get things done.

My point is, I have faith in Stanzi, but I don't faith in Haley. I've lost faith in him from the start of the season. I wouldn't want a bad coach hindering the development of young quarterback.

I think they should fire Haley and get a coach in here who knows how to run an offense and isn't conservative, and also knows how to coach up young quarterbacks. Start over next season.

tk13
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Then we keep trotting Palko out there, lose the rest of our games, and the stadium is COMPLETELY empty at the start of next season.

Seems like a reasonable course of action.

That ship has sailed and there's nothing anyone can do about it. We'll be doing well to get more than 6 wins regardless of the QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Okie_Apparition
11-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Cassel or Palko can't throw the ball down field, protection or not
Stanzi is suppose to be able to s t r e t c h the field

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
You guys have all lost your mind. I didn't say never use him or it's too dangerous. Just wait a couple weeks and get his feet wet against a Cover 2. I think that's a smarter strategy than throwing him out there with 3 days of practice against a DC who will drown him in blitz packages he is not prepared for. He's a 3rd sting QB so I don't think they've prepared him to play anyway, so this whole conversation is pointless.
Posted via Mobile DeviceStanzi with three days of preparation > Palko with half a season of preparation.

We are far more likely to win against the Steelers with Stanzi than we are with Palko. Agreed?

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Since the coaches haven't let him touch the ball what makes you think he knows 15% of the playbook?He's had the playbook for months now. He worked with it in preseason and training camp.

He's far more ready than Palko.

Donger
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Since the coaches haven't let him touch the ball what makes you think he knows 15% of the playbook?

You have to have a football in your hands to read a playbook?

tk13
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
No I wouldn't agree with that necessarily. We just don't know how much of the playbook Stanzi knows. Stanzi's been inactive all year and likely hasn't had that many practice reps. He also didn't get an offseason to work with Zorn. They prepared him to sit this season. He may be extremely raw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Question about this playbook knowledge issue: What has Stanzi been doing since he joined the Chiefs?

keg in kc
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Stanzi with three days of preparation > Palko with half a season of preparation.

We are far more likely to win against the Steelers with Stanzi than we are with Palko. Agreed?If by "far more likely" you mean there's an 0.02% chance as opposed to an 0.01% chance, then sure. Far more likely. Although I'm not sure there'd actually be any difference at all.

If they think he's ready then they should play him. If they don't, they shouldn't. It's not about the Steelers or about how many games they win, and it's not about "throwing him in there to see what he has". Because if he isn't ready to play yet, you're not actually going to see what he has. This is a different conversation in 2013, or even next year, but for right now we're talking about a 5th round pick who didn't have an offseason who hasn't even been active until yesterday. I get that some people are in love with the guy, but odds are there's a reason he's been sitting behind the guys we've watched drop turds all over the field for 11 weeks, and you don't need tin foil to figure out what that reason is. He hasn't shown enough to pass Palko on the depth chart. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. But if he hits the field, there's only two ways it should happen at this point: 1) injury and 2) he earns it.

RealSNR
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I get that some people are in love with the guy, but odds are there's a reason he's been sitting behind the guys we've watched drop turds all over the field for 11 weeks, and you don't need tin foil to figure out what that reason is. He hasn't shown enough to pass Palko on the depth chart.Sorry, you'll have to speak louder. I can't hear you with my tinfoil hat covering my ears.

The fans have nearly just as much footage to as the coaches do. We've seen him in training camp and we've seen him in preseason. He has CLEARLY outperformed Plinko, and that's not even an opinion. That's FACT.

I don't think it's some evil master troll conspiracy by Haley, but I DO think Stanzi was inactive and sitting 3rd string because these guys have it in their heads that that's just what you do with late-round rookie QBs. That's how you develop them. You keep them inactive and away from sight. In the second year, then you start to bring them along slowly to the backup position until you really need them. It's a model that all these Parcells coaches follow.

I think he was inactive behind two terrible QBs in front of him due to coaching philosophy more than anything. That's not really a tinfoil hat stuff, but it DOES explain why Stanzi could be better than Plinko and still not have the edge over him on the depth chart.

Swanman
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I saw all I need with Palko. His arm is shit. He missed wide open receivers 10-15 yards down the field at least a few times. When he had protection, he stood in the pocket counting his toes until he was sacked. At this point, I know Palko sucks. I don't yet know if Stanzi can play, so it's time we found out. When presented with a choice between the unknown and a bag of shit, I will choose the unknown.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry, you'll have to speak louder. I can't hear you with my tinfoil hat covering my ears.

The fans have nearly just as much footage to as the coaches do. We've seen him in training camp and we've seen him in preseason. He has CLEARLY outperformed Plinko, and that's not even an opinion. That's FACT.

I don't think it's some evil master troll conspiracy by Haley, but I DO think Stanzi was inactive and sitting 3rd string because these guys have it in their heads that that's just what you do with late-round rookie QBs. That's how you develop them. You keep them inactive and away from sight. In the second year, then you start to bring them along slowly to the backup position until you really need them. It's a model that all these Parcells coaches follow.

I think he was inactive behind two terrible QBs in front of him due to coaching philosophy more than anything. That's not really a tinfoil hat stuff, but it DOES explain why Stanzi could be better than Plinko and still not have the edge over him on the depth chart.

That

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
How do you ruin a QB?

You can't.

If he fails, he just was not good enough. Period.

keg in kc
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
The fans have nearly just as much footage to as the coaches do. We've seen him in training camp and we've seen him in preseason. He has CLEARLY outperformed Plinko, and that's not even an opinion. That's FACT. Couple of points there.

First, we haven't seen a fraction of what the coaches have. They see these guys every day for months. Until Sunday, we'd seen a few minutes of both.

Second, saying he'd "clearly outperformed" Palko during the preseason is debatable at best. My recollection is two quarterbacks who largely looked bad playing behind bad lines with bad receivers, who each had some moments where they showed some promise.

Third and final, just like "better than Cassel" does not equal "good", neither does "better than Palko". And it also doesn't equal "ready to play". Stanzi needs to be judged with his own measuring stick, and the decisions made with him should have nothing to do with Palko or wins and losses. It should be purely about whether he's ready to play, regardless of anything else. It's a long-term issue, not an instant gratification thing.

If you think the guy can be a starting quarterback in the NFL, you don't just throw him to the wolves. You prepare him, do your best to put him in situations where he can succeed (which isn't going to happen in 2011 regardless). You don't throw him on the field before he's ready to start, you don't throw him out there him behind a line that can't protect and you don't start playing him in the middle of a murderer's row of defenses just so you can "see what he has". Because if you do those things, you're setting him up to fail from the start.

You can do that with a QB like Palko. Because he's completely and totally expendable. If you think Stanzi has any value long term, that's the exact opposite of what you should do.

That's my opinion at least. My philosophy on how quarterbacks should be handled.

HemiEd
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Couple of points there.

First, we haven't seen a fraction of what the coaches have. They see these guys every day for months. Until Sunday, we'd seen a few minutes of both.

Second, saying he'd "clearly outperformed" Palko during the preseason is debatable at best. My recollection is two quarterbacks who largely looked bad playing behind bad lines with bad receivers, who each had some moments where they showed some promise.

Third and final, just like "better than Cassel" does not equal "good", neither does "better than Palko". And it also doesn't equal "ready to play". Stanzi needs to be judged with his own measuring stick, and the decisions made with him should have nothing to do with Palko or wins and losses. It should be purely about whether he's ready to play, regardless of anything else. It's a long-term issue, not an instant gratification thing.

If you think the guy can be a starting quarterback in the NFL, you don't just throw him to the wolves. You prepare him, do your best to put him in situations where he can succeed (which isn't going to happen in 2011 regardless). You don't throw him on the field before he's ready to start, you don't throw him out there him behind a line that can't protect and you don't start playing him in the middle of a murderer's row of defenses just so you can "see what he has". Because if you do those things, you're setting him up to fail from the start.

You can do that with a QB like Palko. Because he's completely and totally expendable. If you think Stanzi has any value long term, that's the exact opposite of what you should do.

That's my opinion at least. My philosophy on how quarterbacks should be handled.

This is pure bullshit, using sound reasoning and stuff. Where the heck is the emotion in that?

4-12 Here we come with some free time on Sundays.

Nah, who am I kidding, I will be living and dieing with them just like I have forever. It is getting old, the dieing part.

rico
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Right at the end of the game, Gruden tossed the Stanzi question out there.

Myself, I would start Palko Sunday due to a short work week. But if the game goes like I anticipate it will, I would send Stanzi out there late 3rd to early 4th quarter and let him get his feet wet... then take over for the rest of the season.

What was it that Gruden said? I missed it.....

King_Chief_Fan
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Couple of points there.

yes

Coogs
11-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't recall his exact words, but it was very late in the game if you have it taped. Something along the lines of wondering if the Chiefs would consider playing Stanzi at some point this season.

Swanman
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't recall his exact words, but it was very late in the game if you have it taped. Something along the lines of wondering if the Chiefs would consider playing Stanzi at some point this season.

Gruden and Jaws were praising Palko during the entire first half. Then he started with his interception barrage and they shut up. After the third interception, I heard one of them say, "oh that was terrible". They vacated the Palko bandwagon pretty quickly.

BossChief
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
If Palko continues to start and Stanzi doesn't at least get a shot, we are gonna be the laughing stock of the league.

Also, it proves these guy want nothing to do with a qb contravercy once Cassel is healthy next year and that makes me sad.

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
That ship has sailed and there's nothing anyone can do about it. We'll be doing well to get more than 6 wins regardless of the QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you listened to the radio in KC? Have you looked around here or other message boards?

EVERYBODY knows this team is gonna lose most of their games the rest of the way. Doing it with Stanzi gives them hope. Doing it with Palko doesn't.

Of course, I was at the Minnesota game, where 45 people were falling all over themselves to get the autograph of a 3rd string QB that wasn't even active for the game...

VAChief
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I hope at least some time this year we get a sense of what Stanzi has at the pro level. You aren't going to find out everything you need, nor should he be judged like a seasoned veteran, but at least physical skills and poise in the pocket would give you some kind of indication of whether there is hope there or another mid-rounder that will never be better than a back up.

Iowanian
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Haley didn't even let him play in garbage time at the end of the preseason.

I'm not sure what the reason is, but they obviously don't think he is ready. He's a film guy and a hard worker/learner, but hasn't likely been getting any snaps to learn on the field.

Have no idea wtf they are thinking but at this point, I want them to play ALL of the young guys. No use wasting Gregg's remaining miles, no use extending Weigeman's streak when he won't be here, put in Hudson too.

I'm not as convinced as others that Stanzi will be great or even good, but giving him game experience the end of this season helps them find out what they have in him and gives him some reps to learn the speed of the NFL game.

Palko has ZERO upside. He's Todd Boughman.

whoman69
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
At this point, Stanzi is the only QB we have who has yet to prove he doesn't have it. We play three top defenses in the next three weeks. I'm not sure waiting until we only have two games left and everyone has given up on the season until he gets a shot is the best option. I'd rather he didn't get such a baptism under fire, but he doesn't get any better collecting splinters. We have no idea what he can do holding a clipboard.

kcxiv
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Stanzi is the only thing Haley has that can possibly save his job in KC. I dont see why he wouldnt at least try unless he really doesnt want to come back next year.

Titty Meat
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
If Palko continues to start and Stanzi doesn't at least get a shot, we are gonna be the laughing stock of the league.

Also, it proves these guy want nothing to do with a qb contravercy once Cassel is healthy next year and that makes me sad.

Look we might agree again. I said in the other thread we shouldn't sign Orton, Stanzi should get to play the last 6 games to see what we have.

11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
next sunday, when Palko sucks it up, instead of booing, there should be a "we want Stanzi" clap clap clap clap chant

I am ALL for that.

11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Keep in mind though, if we get our wish and see Stanzi, you have to live with it. No bitching about poor play if he sucks because we are only trying to develop him.

I for one will not boo him if he looks awful.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm done giving a fuck this year until Stanzi is given a chance.

Extra Point
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Keep in mind though, if we get our wish and see Stanzi, you have to live with it. No bitching about poor play if he sucks because we are only trying to develop him.

I for one will not boo him if he looks awful.

THIS!

I'm for letting him ride the pine, IFF we pick up Orton. Otherwise, let him have the last 2 games, letting Cassel have the last laugh, and cough up his own puke, if Stanzi gets in beforehand, with Stanzi getting a QBR of 105.

Dave Lane
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I have to admit that I find the argument(s) against seeing what Stanzi can do to be curious (as a non-football expert). But, why draft people if you aren't going to use them? That just seems like a waste of money and a chance to see if the kid has potential.

Kind of like Cameron's dad and his Ferrari: "He never drives it. He just rubs it with a diaper."

I think the point is his psyche gets crushed and he never recovers ala Ryan Leaf at Arrowhead. Had 3 good games then crushed and never recovers. At least let him split reps with Palko for a week and then a week on his own before we toss him in there. I understand the thought process not sure I totally agree with it.

I do think if all the coaches say he's not ready then I have no problem with it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-25-2011, 04:48 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

The team thinks Stanzi has talent and could be a factor in the future, but it believes he's a long way away from that.

2 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
kentbabbKent Babb
FYI, sports fans, I was told yesterday by someone close to Ricky Stanzi's situation that, still, KC has no intention of playing him this yr.

R8RFAN
11-25-2011, 04:56 PM

we want Orton will be the chant

Hammock Parties
11-25-2011, 05:09 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

The team thinks Stanzi has talent and could be a factor in the future, but it believes he's a long way away from that.

kentbabbKent Babb
FYI, sports fans, I was told yesterday by someone close to Ricky Stanzi's situation that, still, KC has no intention of playing him this yr.

Horsemen, mount up.

BossChief
11-25-2011, 05:12 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

kentbabbKent Babb

Well, thats a shame but not a surprise.

The moment they won the claim on Orton, that pretty much guaranteed Stanzi of being inactive the remainder of the year...though I think it would be smart to keep him active on the game day roster so he can at least see how the coaches are coaching during a game and help work through coverage problems. That could prove very useful in the long run.

Very disappointing that he wont get a shot this year, though.

Bowser
11-25-2011, 05:15 PM

The moment they won the claim on Orton, that pretty much guaranteed Stanzi of being inactive the remainder of the year...though I think it would be smart to keep him active on the game day roster so he can at least see how the coaches are coaching during a game and help work through coverage problems. That could prove very useful in the long run.

Shit, no it's not. Why scar him up mentally playing on this train wreck of a team? Let him play behind an improved line next year, and hope for a healthy return of Charles and Moeaki.

BossChief
11-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Shit, no it's not. Why scar him up mentally playing on this train wreck of a team? Let him play behind an improved line next year, and hope for a healthy return of Charles and Moeaki.

I dont know how many times I have to say this and at this point its a waste of time to do so, but I just so happen to have some time to waste.

NFL players learn more by their mistakes than about anything else.

Going forward, Ricky Stanzi would be much better off (as would the team in general) if he were to go out and show exactly what he has.

Make mistakes.

Throw touchdowns.

Give the coaches something to coach during the offseason. Give them material to break down of the kid and what they need to emphasize in his player specific coaching.

If they see he throws picks in "X" situation, then they can spend more time on showing him those looks in practice and working through them with him so that when the NFLDCs throw those looks at him next year, he sees it coming and knows how to respond.

If he has a tough time identifying the blitz and adjusting the protection, the coaches can show him exactly what he didn't see pre-snap so he knows what to look for the next time around.

So on and so forth.

Look one thing I can say POSITIVELY is that Stanzi is a fighter, by nature, and I dont buy for a millisecond that throwing him into the fire would "ruin him" or "scar him" ....if it would, you know at that point he isnt the guy that can lead your team to a championship anyway.

Unless this team is completely done with Cassel and is looking to move forward with Orton, Stanzi and a drafted QB as their QB crop next year, its a waste of resources to play people that aren't gonna be here next year.

orange
11-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Horsemen, mount up.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-__oZQ9smYok/TkyCqvBZEOI/AAAAAAAAAZ0/pNmFdj854q4/s1600/livermore+links+kamena+commercial.jpg

R8RFAN
11-25-2011, 05:31 PM
We got , High Hopes, we got High Hopes

Rasputin
11-25-2011, 07:24 PM

Why are the Chiefs the only team in NFL not to start a rookie QB his rookie year in almost 30 years? 40 years counting NO Super Bowl.

Chieftain58
11-25-2011, 07:49 PM

This is so true!

kcxiv
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
WEll the GM and the HC have to beleive that they are still in the play off race. The rest of us know they arent, but i see what they are doing. I just hope we see Stanzi at some point.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Why are the Chiefs the only team in NFL not to start a rookie QB his rookie year in almost 30 years? 40 years counting NO Super Bowl.

Because if you start a rookie QB on the road, he might toss 3 INT's, and only lead the team to 3 points.

Titty Meat
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM

They could have used him today.

20-7

aturnis
11-25-2011, 08:39 PM
They could have used him today.

20-7

No shit. Watching Vandenberg is like watching Cassel. Can't stand the guy. Not to mention the shitty offensive playcalling. Might have helped if they had tried to score at some point today...

RealSNR
11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I dont know how many times I have to say this and at this point its a waste of time to do so, but I just so happen to have some time to waste.

Going forward, Ricky Stanzi would be much better off (as would the team in general) if he were to go out and show exactly what he has.

Make mistakes.

Throw touchdowns.

Give the coaches something to coach during the offseason. Give them material to break down of the kid and what they need to emphasize in his player specific coaching.

If they see he throws picks in "X" situation, then they can spend more time on showing him those looks in practice and working through them with him so that when the NFLDCs throw those looks at him next year, he sees it coming and knows how to respond.

If he has a tough time identifying the blitz and adjusting the protection, the coaches can show him exactly what he didn't see pre-snap so he knows what to look for the next time around.

So on and so forth.

Look one thing I can say POSITIVELY is that Stanzi is a fighter, by nature, and I dont buy for a millisecond that throwing him into the fire would "ruin him" or "scar him" ....if it would, you know at that point he isnt the guy that can lead your team to a championship anyway.

Unless this team is completely done with Cassel and is looking to move forward with Orton, Stanzi and a drafted QB as their QB crop next year, its a waste of resources to play people that aren't gonna be here next year.They ARE coaches and probably see stuff we don't see. There's a reason why Palko is ahead of Stanzi on the depth chart, which probably tells us all we need to know about Stanzi's readiness for now [/retards who think they're being reasonable when they just sound like morons]

rico
11-25-2011, 09:36 PM
No shit. Watching Vandenberg is like watching Cassel. Can't stand the guy. Not to mention the shitty offensive playcalling. Might have helped if they had tried to score at some point today...

No doubt. Vandenberg grew up in my area. My mom works with his dad (my mom is a nurse, his dad is a doctor). I have been reading about the kid in our local paper for years which is rare...very few athletes from my area amount to anything on the D1 level...Mitch King was our most recent success. Anyways, despite the fact that one would think I am biased for Vandenberg given the circumstances, I can't stand to watch the team with him behind center. The Stanzi-Hawks were by far my favorite regime.

whoman69
11-25-2011, 11:04 PM

Make mistakes.

Throw touchdowns.

So on and so forth.

Unless this team is completely done with Cassel and is looking to move forward with Orton, Stanzi and a drafted QB as their QB crop next year, its a waste of resources to play people that aren't gonna be here next year.

Amen, brother.

durtyrute
11-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Stanzi with three days of preparation > Palko with half a season of preparation.

We are far more likely to win against the Steelers with Stanzi than we are with Palko. Agreed?

Bowser
11-26-2011, 12:19 AM
LMAO

Fuck it, throw Stanzi in there, and let Orton clean his jock and bring him hookers.

htismaqe
11-26-2011, 07:24 AM
No doubt. Vandenberg grew up in my area. My mom works with his dad (my mom is a nurse, his dad is a doctor). I have been reading about the kid in our local paper for years which is rare...very few athletes from my area amount to anything on the D1 level...Mitch King was our most recent success. Anyways, despite the fact that one would think I am biased for Vandenberg given the circumstances, I can't stand to watch the team with him behind center. The Stanzi-Hawks were by far my favorite regime.

Vandenberg just doesn't have any emotion. I think there's a lot of things about his tangibles that are actually superior to Stanzi but he just doesn't seem to have any fire.

That's why he's nails at home and shit on the road...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-26-2011, 10:05 AM
LMAO

Fuck it, throw Stanzi in there, and let Orton clean his jock and bring him hookers and give him the first shot out of his next bottle of jack.

FYP

aturnis
11-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Vandenberg just doesn't have any emotion. I think there's a lot of things about his tangibles that are actually superior to Stanzi but he just doesn't seem to have any fire.

That's why he's nails at home and shit on the road...

He's just a fucking headcase. His deep throws are so inconsistent it's not funny. One game he hits 4 TD's, the next it's back to seeing how high we can throw the ball. Add in that he shits his pants at the first sign of pressure and takes unnecessary sacks, and you have Matt Cassel.

Rico, does his high school by chance run a spread offense?

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Make mistakes.

Throw touchdowns.

So on and so forth.

I don't agree. I think we saw that Palko learned a ton being on the bench. Aaron Rodgers too. Philip Rivers too. If they don't think he's ready, don't throw him out there. Like I've said before, there is a TON to lose if the Chiefs are wrong. I think there's some argument that Stanzi could develop bad habits. More importantly, there is no way Dwayne Bowe comes back if he doesn't feel he has a QB who's going to make him look better and lead this team to wins.

talastan
11-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't agree. I think we saw that Palko learned a ton being on the bench. Aaron Rodgers too. Philip Rivers too. If they don't think he's ready, don't throw him out there. Like I've said before, there is a TON to lose if the Chiefs are wrong. I think there's some argument that Stanzi could develop bad habits. More importantly, there is no way Dwayne Bowe comes back if he doesn't feel he has a QB who's going to make him look better and lead this team to wins.

While I respect Bowe and all he has accomplished for the Chiefs in the last few years, in respect to your comment, who gives $0.02 as to what Bowe wants. A GM in the NFL doesn't let a receiver determine which guy should throw him the ball. If Stanzi isn't ready and they don't want to play him fine; but I've seen this ridonkulous, "Bowe won't re-sign with us if we play a younger guy", arguement and it is complete :BS:. Bowe isn't so important that he gets to pick his QB, last I checked that was Haley and Pioli. So please no more retreading this stupid point. And Bowe will probably be tagged anyway.

whoman69
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Palko did a lot of things better than what Cassel did. How could he learn progressions and moving coverages from watching when Cassel doesn't do that. Aaron Rodgers had Brett Farve to learn from, Philip Rivers had Drew Brees.

Stanzi wasn't learning anything on the inactive list. I can't see Zorn giving him much time to learn each week when he had to coach up Cassel so much. Orton throws him back to the inactive list again. Orton steals all Zorn's time trying to learn the system. Stanzi just gets pushed to the back burner again.

Dwayne Bowe is going to either sign or be franchised. Regardless, do you think he's going to want to come back knowing he's going to be receiving ball from either Cassel or Orton again? This team has no plan for the future. They're too busy making more money for the owner. The Chiefs are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

htismaqe
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM
He's just a ****ing headcase. His deep throws are so inconsistent it's not funny. One game he hits 4 TD's, the next it's back to seeing how high we can throw the ball. Add in that he shits his pants at the first sign of pressure and takes unnecessary sacks, and you have Matt Cassel.

Stanzi had some of those issues early on, too.

Let's not forget, there was a legitimate controversy between him and Jake "No Touch" Christensen.

Again, Vandenberg looks like a different QB at home than he does on the road. I think he depends on the ambient energy because he doesn't have the burning in his gut...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Show Bowe the money and he'll sign. Simple as that.

rico
11-26-2011, 06:13 PM
He's just a ****ing headcase. His deep throws are so inconsistent it's not funny. One game he hits 4 TD's, the next it's back to seeing how high we can throw the ball. Add in that he shits his pants at the first sign of pressure and takes unnecessary sacks, and you have Matt Cassel.

I don't believe they did when Vandenberg was in HS, but I am not absolutely sure. As of lately, I think they have been running the ball a lot. Guess who their QB is now? Vandenberg's younger brother.

rico
11-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Stanzi had some of those issues early on, too.

Let's not forget, there was a legitimate controversy between him and Jake "No Touch" Christensen.

Again, Vandenberg looks like a different QB at home than he does on the road. I think he depends on the ambient energy because he doesn't have the burning in his gut...

Man, Christensen was a let down. Wasn't he one of the top recruits when he signed at Iowa? I remember everybody being hyped about him when he committed.

I am living in my semi-recently deceased grandpa's house. Before he died, he collected roughly 10 years worth of newspapers and stored them in the basement. My weight machine/curl bar/dumbells are down there and one night when I was working out, I grabbed one of the papers and there was a huge article about the Christensen vs. Stanzi QB controversy. I should try and gather some of those, scan them and post them. I guarantee there are also some vintage Vandenberg high school articles.

Rasputin
11-26-2011, 06:34 PM
LMAO

**** it, throw Stanzi in there, and let Orton clean his jock and bring him hookers.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
While I respect Bowe and all he has accomplished for the Chiefs in the last few years, in respect to your comment, who gives $0.02 as to what Bowe wants. A GM in the NFL doesn't let a receiver determine which guy should throw him the ball. If Stanzi isn't ready and they don't want to play him fine; but I've seen this ridonkulous, "Bowe won't re-sign with us if we play a younger guy", arguement and it is complete :BS:. Bowe isn't so important that he gets to pick his QB, last I checked that was Haley and Pioli. So please no more retreading this stupid point. And Bowe will probably be tagged anyway.

Larry Fitzgerald threw the same fit last year. It matters and the team pays attention to it. You don't cater to him, but who could blame him for being frustrated? Bowe will probably be tagged, but remember that with the new rules of the CBA, he can only be tagged once. Sooner or later, you have to lock him up. And if Bowe is tagged, that means that Carr can't be tagged. If the Chiefs look like a hot mess by season's end, it's going to be much harder to re-sign him.

Ridiculous to think that looking like a hot mess to end the season and a disastrous QB situation isn't going to seriously affect our ability to do anything this offseason.

htismaqe
11-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Man, Christensen was a let down. Wasn't he one of the top recruits when he signed at Iowa? I remember everybody being hyped about him when he committed.

He was an Elite 11 QB the same year as Chase Daniel, Ryan Perrilloux, and Mark Sanchez. (FYI, John Weinke, the current backup, was also an Elite 11 QB. And so were both Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton. :))

htismaqe
11-26-2011, 07:00 PM
If the Chiefs look like a hot mess by season's end, it's going to be much harder to re-sign him.

IF?

That's just the the thing - they're ALREADY a hot freaking mess.

Bringing in Orton isn't gonna make one bit of difference with Bowe. He's already lost more games than pretty much any WR in history in his first few seasons in the league.

Rasputin
11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
They ARE coaches and probably see stuff we don't see. There's a reason why Palko is ahead of Stanzi on the depth chart, which probably tells us all we need to know about Stanzi's readiness for now [/retards who think they're being reasonable when they just sound like morons]

The old fabrigation excuse that fans can't see what coaches see during practice eh. Haley had plenty of time watching Cassel during practices and games to do evaluation on him. Not untill " injury " did he get side lined.

JC is another example of same proportion in that we ALL new LJ sucked ass & JC would kick ass. It took over half a season of boos from the fans to get the point across to Haley to make the switch. LJ did enough on own actions off the field but the on field play was glaring bad & they stuck with him that long.

Many times players just don't get the opportunity if the coach get's stuck on one guy that they believe over the younger guy.

One good run by Jones in 78 carries or so is just not good enough he should not play (i recognize we don't have depth now but we could have done something about that as soon as JC went down just sayin). Give opportunity to someone who has potintial to be good not a flash of the past.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Palko did a lot of things better than what Cassel did. How could he learn progressions and moving coverages from watching when Cassel doesn't do that. Aaron Rodgers had Brett Farve to learn from, Philip Rivers had Drew Brees.

Stanzi wasn't learning anything on the inactive list. I can't see Zorn giving him much time to learn each week when he had to coach up Cassel so much. Orton throws him back to the inactive list again. Orton steals all Zorn's time trying to learn the system. Stanzi just gets pushed to the back burner again.

Dwayne Bowe is going to either sign or be franchised. Regardless, do you think he's going to want to come back knowing he's going to be receiving ball from either Cassel or Orton again? This team has no plan for the future. They're too busy making more money for the owner. The Chiefs are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

There is no way bowe would at all be upset about playing with Orton. And most definitely players and free agents like Carr and anyone we pursue in 2012 would be FAR more happy if they knew Orton was our guy, especially if he does well to close this season, which I think he will. To suggest that they would be upset because this team "has no direction" is absolute crazy talk. If they stick to Orton for 1-2 years and draft a first round QB, that is absolutely the definition of a structured long-term plan. If they start Stanzi, that is the definition of an "oh shit" reaction.

Folks, the problem isn't playing young QBs. We tried that with Croyle and Thigpen. The problem is we don't draft them early enough. The odds are stacked horribly against Stanzi given his draft status. You're telling a team to give up and implode for the rest of the season for that < 1% chance Stanzi turns into a franchise QB. Even more nuts when you have a capable NFL starter that can competently lead the team as a stopgap.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
The old fabrigation excuse that fans can't see what coaches see during practice eh. Haley had plenty of time watching Cassel during practices and games to do evaluation on him. Not untill " injury " did he get side lined.

JC is another example of same proportion in that we ALL new LJ sucked ass & JC would kick ass. It took over half a season of boos from the fans to get the point across to Haley to make the switch. LJ did enough on own actions off the field but the on field play was glaring bad & they stuck with him that long.

Many times players just don't get the opportunity if the coach get's stuck on one guy that they believe over the younger guy.

One good run by Jones in 78 carries or so is just not good enough he should not play (i recognize we don't have depth now but we could have done something about that as soon as JC went down just sayin). Give opportunity to someone who has potintial to be good not a flash of the past.

JC is the only example of a young player Haley has left on the bench for a seasoned vet. And you have no idea if that was because he had fumbling problems or he was doghousing him as he did DJ/Bowe. More importantly, you can't point out the exception vs. the rule. He took a while to get Charles on the field, but he has shown no hesitance in getting Houston, Lewis, Berry, Moeaki, Baldwin, Jackson, Belcher, McCluster, Asamoah and Arenas significant reps within 1-2 years of their career.

And ever think that maybe Haley didn't bench Cassel because he knew his backups weren't particularly good?

Everyone is hanging on this assumption that Stanzi has looked any good in practice. What if he's looked like a complete disaster?

Rasputin
11-26-2011, 07:40 PM
JC is the only example of a young player Haley has left on the bench for a seasoned vet. And you have no idea if that was because he had fumbling problems or he was doghousing him as he did DJ/Bowe. More importantly, you can't point out the exception vs. the rule. He took a while to get Charles on the field, but he has shown no hesitance in getting Houston, Lewis, Berry, Moeaki, Baldwin, Jackson, Belcher, McCluster, Asamoah and Arenas significant reps within 1-2 years of their career.

And ever think that maybe Haley didn't bench Cassel because he knew his backups weren't particularly good?

Everyone is hanging on this assumption that Stanzi has looked any good in practice. What if he's looked like a complete disaster?

It's all these "What Ifs" that get me bugged. History repeates its self with the likes of Orton playing QB for us. One quraterback Chiefs drafted since Blackledge that has had a starting job. The rest were retread rehash or back ups from other teams all the way untill Chiefs declair them as THE guy.

There is no upside to playing Orton or having on this team. Takes snaps and opportunity from developing a young QB on this team now. Takes away any QB prospect we happen to get in next years draft if at all now OPPORTUNITY.

Need to play potential to be great than has beens of nothing of the sort.

Okie_Apparition
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
There may be a part of Stanzi's game they want to overhaul. Like Tebow was suppose to get on the bench in his first year. Old, horrible habits returned for him. Like touching the back of his knee with ball before launching it

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
It's all these "What Ifs" that get me bugged. History repeates its self with the likes of Orton playing QB for us. One quraterback Chiefs drafted since Blackledge that has had a starting job. The rest were retread rehash or back ups from other teams all the way untill Chiefs declair them as THE guy.

There is no upside to playing Orton or having on this team. Takes snaps and opportunity from developing a young QB on this team now. Takes away any QB prospect we happen to get in next years draft if at all now OPPORTUNITY.

Need to play potential to be great than has beens of nothing of the sort.

There is plenty of 1-2 year upside to starting Orton.

I think people are GROSSLY overestimating the upside to starting Stanzi.

BossChief
11-26-2011, 11:20 PM

BULLSHIT.

Tell me the downside to starting Stanzi the next two games while Orton gets ready.

milkman
11-26-2011, 11:22 PM
BULLSHIT.

Tell me the downside to starting Stanzi the next two games while Orton gets ready.

He.....He......could make rookie mistakes.

Oh, the horror!

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2011, 11:41 PM
BULLSHIT.

Until the season is officially over, you don't signal to the team that it's officially over. Palko, amazingly, puts this team in a better position to win.

It seems pretty clear that both Zorn/Haley don't believe Stanzi is at all ready yet... so you're going to put him on Sunday night in front of a national audience against the Steelers' defense? Haley's a golfer. A really bad golfer needs to go to the range a certain amount of times and, with enough practice and good coaching, good habits become muscle memory. Then you can hit the course and make some good mistakes and learn from them. You ever go to the course before you hit that point? You shank all your shots and you gain nothing productive, because you're figuring out mechanical things in your swing instead of how you mentally approach each shot.

It sounds to me that Haley/Zorn believe he's on lesson 3 and you're throwing him into the British Open. If he's not ready, don't force the issue. Kid's got plenty of time to learn, practice, get quality reps, and perhaps shine.

RealSNR
11-26-2011, 11:48 PM
The Chiefs remind me of my big sister when she was 5 years old. Her favorite thing to do was draw/color. But for some reason she could only use old crayons. She refused to open a new pack of crayons. I mean, she loved looking at them, and she loved to arrange the crayons, but she couldn't bring herself to use them. They were just too perfect. What she usually did was make me use them first, so she didn't feel so bad ruining a fresh package.

Well, the Chiefs drafted a new pack of crayons in the 5th round, but for some reason, they prefer to use these old pieces of shit they have lying around because the new ones might get broken or used.

luv
11-27-2011, 12:16 AM
The Chiefs remind me of my big sister when she was 5 years old. Her favorite thing to do was draw/color. But for some reason she could only use old crayons. She refused to open a new pack of crayons. I mean, she loved looking at them, and she loved to arrange the crayons, but she couldn't bring herself to use them. They were just too perfect. What she usually did was make me use them first, so she didn't feel so bad ruining a fresh package.

Well, the Chiefs drafted a new pack of crayons in the 5th round, but for some reason, they prefer to use these old pieces of shit they have lying around because the new ones might get broken or used.

This is actually a really good analogy.

I really wish they'd break him in just a little though. No time better than the present.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 01:10 AM

You're assuming all new crayons are built alike. A first/second round pick is a shiny, new crayon out of the box. A fifth round pick is that nub crayon--you might get some crayon, but more likely than not, you get a lot of paper and a tiny bit of crayon.

Why do we always go to these extremes? The argument for 3 years has been "draft a FIRST round QB. Play him. Develop him. Don't settle for anything less, because there are 50 different threads talking about the success rate of a first round QB vs. a 3rd rounder." Now we're getting all fired up because we won't start a 5th round rookie. We don't even know if the guy is totally unprepared to play.

We HAVE played young guys before. Thigpen and Croyle. What we haven't done in forever is draft a player high and develop them. I can understand wanting to start Stanzi. But the freak-out on this board if we don't start him is overboard. Kyle Orton is a good QB--mid-level starter, not franchise, but pretty good. It's a huge stretch to believe a 5th rounder becomes a starter. Even worse odds to say he'll be a better QB than Orton. Very, very low odds to say he becomes a franchise QB. Rather than disrupt the continuity of this franchise by running a beyond vanilla offense to support a complete long-shot, why not just let Orton run the original offense and not ask your receivers/linemen/running backs to learn a totally new offense?

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 02:15 AM

Why do we want to start Orton? To make our list of "maybe ok at times" QBs that will never win us anything. Why should we think of wasting two years of this rosters talent waiting for Orton to take us somewhere.

This season is lost. It should be spent hoping we found a diamond in the rough in Stanzi and drafting a QB next year unless he just went nuts.

Sutter Cane
11-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Can someone actually give me a good reason why Stanzi won't have a future as a starter beyond "he was a 5th round draft pick"? I mean don't get me wrong, the lower you're picked, the less likely you are to be successful, but in my (admittedly short) time on here, that's pretty much the only criticism of him I've heard. mean, remember him being pretty darn good at iowa in 2010, and he did throw for over 3000 yards.

notorious
11-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Can someone actually give me a good reason why Stanzi won't have a future as a starter beyond "he was a 5th round draft pick"? I mean don't get me wrong, the lower you're picked, the less likely you are to be successful, but in my (admittedly short) time on here, that's pretty much the only criticism of him I've heard. mean, remember him being pretty darn good at iowa in 2010, and he did throw for over 3000 yards.

Mults need to go fuck themselves.

milkman
11-27-2011, 07:41 AM
You're assuming all new crayons are built alike. A first/second round pick is a shiny, new crayon out of the box. A fifth round pick is that nub crayon--you might get some crayon, but more likely than not, you get a lot of paper and a tiny bit of crayon.

Why do we always go to these extremes? The argument for 3 years has been "draft a FIRST round QB. Play him. Develop him. Don't settle for anything less, because there are 50 different threads talking about the success rate of a first round QB vs. a 3rd rounder." Now we're getting all fired up because we won't start a 5th round rookie. We don't even know if the guy is totally unprepared to play.

We HAVE played young guys before. Thigpen and Croyle. What we haven't done in forever is draft a player high and develop them. I can understand wanting to start Stanzi. But the freak-out on this board if we don't start him is overboard. Kyle Orton is a good QB--mid-level starter, not franchise, but pretty good. It's a huge stretch to believe a 5th rounder becomes a starter. Even worse odds to say he'll be a better QB than Orton. Very, very low odds to say he becomes a franchise QB. Rather than disrupt the continuity of this franchise by running a beyond vanilla offense to support a complete long-shot, why not just let Orton run the original offense and not ask your receivers/linemen/running backs to learn a totally new offense?

At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about Stanzi, because you're right, the odds of him being anything but a career backup are not good.

But to suggest that Orton can come in and run this offense using the whole playbook, while Stanzi, who has been here all season and has been learning the playbook since the lockout was lifted is a bullshit argument, as most of your arguments are.

You are a fucktard.

Rasputin
11-27-2011, 08:01 AM
At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about Stanzi, because you're right, the odds of him being anything but a career backup are not good.

But to suggest that Orton can come in and run this offense using the whole playbook, while Stanzi, who has been here all season and has been learning the playbook since the lockout was lifted is a bullshit argument, as most of your arguments are.

You are a ****tard.

At the end of the day, Chiefs collect trash QBs dumped by other teams. HOARDERS.

evenfall
11-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I wish he'd start a game and Palko himself so the mindless Stanzi drones could see it and clam up...

milkman
11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I wish he'd start a game and Palko himself so the mindless Stanzi drones could see it and clam up...

I think you need to find a better verb to describe what you hope will happen.

Palko Palkoed because he has the weakest arm that you will ever see.

Stanzi has more than adequate arm strength.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:27 AM

You are a ****tard.

It will take a few games for him to pick it up. But you can run the entire playbook. With Stanzi, you're going to have to do a ton of things to baby him along. Probably run a bunch of max protects. Probably a lot of runs and a lot of screens.

Knowing the playbook and executing it are two totally different things. By season's end, Orton would be operating off a much deeper playbook than Stanzi would.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Why do we want to start Orton? To make our list of "maybe ok at times" QBs that will never win us anything. Why should we think of wasting two years of this rosters talent waiting for Orton to take us somewhere.

This season is lost. It should be spent hoping we found a diamond in the rough in Stanzi and drafting a QB next year unless he just went nuts.

Wasting roster talent is asking your receivers to block or stand around on 90% of the plays because you're running a vanilla offense around Stanzi which is going to be 2/3 of runs, and 1/3 to 1/2 of your passes are going to be quick hitches and screens. The rest of the passes are probably going to not see you open or miss the mark.

We don't need to disrupt everything just to give a 5th rounder a chance to shine.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 08:30 AM

I like the guy. But 32 teams' scouts passed on him 4 times and for a QB, you don't do that unless you see some kind of fatal flaw. If you're lucky, you find Brady. But 99.9% of the time, you get a worse version of Tyler Thigpen. People are pretty ridiculous inflating how high the guy's ceiling is.