PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: Orton claim shows Chiefs’ talk about not giving up is serious

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Orton claim shows Chiefs’ talk about not giving up is serious (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/26/3288091/orton-claim-shows-chiefs-talk.html)
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Early this past week, the Chiefs had a decision to make.

Their season was in a tailspin, and some fans had turned their conversations toward next year’s draft rather than the next opponent.

Then Tuesday, the Denver Broncos waived Kyle Orton, their well-paid, experienced backup quarterback. The Chiefs’ hopes of a winning season or playoff spot had soured a day earlier, when, hours after starting quarterback Matt Cassel was placed on injured reserve, the team was walloped 34-3 by the New England Patriots. It wasn’t the Chiefs’ first major injury or any new kind of disappointment. It has been that kind of season, and who would blame management for standing pat, for passing on Orton and what essentially would be a $2.6 million, six-week rental?

Instead, phones rang all over the Chiefs’ practice facility Tuesday. Personnel people called coaches at the same time coaches called personnel people. The Chiefs weren’t ready to give up, even on a season that has so often seemed doomed.

They put in a claim and were awarded Orton — the NFL is set up in such a way that, in an act of either generosity or pity, teams are awarded players in reverse order of the standings — and a day later, Chiefs coach Todd Haley called the move a “no-brainer.” That’s mostly because the team was uncomfortable playing its final six games with just two quarterbacks on the roster — and one NFL start, Tyler Palko’s appearance on Monday night, between them.

But more than that, the move sent a message through the Chiefs’ locker room that the promise coaches had been delivering to players — that this season is far from finished — is more than just lip service.

“No white flag is being raised here,” defensive end Wallace Gilberry said. “In our minds, we’re still in this thing.”

NFL players, at least during the season, live in a world of tunnel vision. It’s part of the job to believe what their coaches tell them, even if the words aren’t backed up with victories.

Losses were again weighing down the Chiefs’ hopes of a second consecutive postseason appearance, but it was the way they were losing that was most discouraging. Four of their six losses have been by at least 28 points, including a blowout three weeks ago to the then-winless Miami Dolphins. Some of this began in the preseason, when the Chiefs avoided pursuing big-name free agents or adding to a noticeable lack of depth at quarterback.

This week, Haley relied on a motivational tactic he has used before this season.

After the Chiefs started 0-3, the coach began comparing his team to the 1989 Pittsburgh Steelers, who were blown out in their first two games before beginning a turnaround that eventually led to the playoffs. Sure enough, the Chiefs won their next four games, and whether the Steelers comparison worked was irrelevant; players believed it worked. They believed they could be like that Pittsburgh team, shaking off an embarrassing start to reach the postseason.

The losing began again, though, so this week Haley again brought out footage of that ’89 team, which, like the Chiefs, was 4-6 before the stretch run. Pittsburgh won five of its final six that year, finishing 9-7 and defeating Houston in the first round of the AFC playoffs.

“Same type of players,” Chiefs punt returner Javier Arenas said. “When I say the same type of players, I mean guys who no one wanted or just didn’t believe in — were always told that they couldn’t do something.”

Haley has, of course, used all measures of motivation this season.

He has reached for consistency, and during his team’s four-game winning streak, he wore consistency each day with a thick beard and dull, weathered clothing. Again, it didn’t seem to matter if it actually helped, because maybe players believed there was magic in their coach’s sweat-crusted hat.

He convinced players to ignore outside criticism and think that doubts from media and fans somehow empowered them. The next game was the only one that mattered. But when the losses returned again, the message wore thin.

Instead of speaking only about the next game, some players looked at a looming cluster of games and discussed the mountain the Chiefs faced.

The value of the messages, symbols and promises seemed to be fading. The Chiefs needed something real.

When Orton came available and the Chiefs settled into a tie for last place with San Diego, the team had options. It could either use the rest of the season as a six-game tune-up for 2012, securing a high draft slot and — a familiar strategy in recent years — spend time figuring out which players and coaches belong and which do not, or defy the odds and go for it.

“We’re not just about to float through the rest of the season,” Arenas said.

That was the players’ perspective. Outside the locker room, though, it made sense on some levels to pass on Orton.

If he succeeds, it’ll darken the already murky waters on what the Chiefs should do at quarterback next season: re-sign Orton to be their starter, give Cassel another chance, or select a quarterback early in the draft.

If Orton becomes the starter and fails, the Chiefs will have wasted $2.6 million and kept Palko and Stanzi on the bench instead of letting them develop.

In the end, the Chiefs, who started the week with $27.4 million in available salary-cap space, decided to go for it. Part of the reason, indeed, was depth.

Another reason was because the Chiefs believe Stanzi is far from ready for a significant role.

The biggest, though, is that regardless of the odds, the Chiefs aren’t ready to give up on this season.

“We’re planning on playing good football,” Haley said. “We really are.”

Shortly after Orton was released Tuesday, there was no debate within the Chiefs organization about what they might lose by claiming him; among those who make such decisions, the choice was unanimous.

The Chiefs’ claim was awarded ahead of Chicago and Dallas.

On Friday, Orton joined the Chiefs, practicing with his new team for the first time. It’s unclear how much, if at all, he will participate tonight against the Steelers. Haley said it’s up to Palko to determine whether he remains the Chiefs’ starter.

At this point, there’s no guarantee that Orton or any one player can save the Chiefs’ season.

It matters only that they believe something can.

“This season is not over, at all,” linebacker Derrick Johnson said.

“It would be different if our division, the way the records are right now — everybody’s in it. We’ve still got a lot of hope.”

Steelers at Chiefs
•When/where: 7:20 tonight at Arrowhead Stadium

•TV/radio: NBC (Chs. 27, 41); KCFX (101.1 FM)

•On the web: Go to KansasCity.com during and after the game for updates and analysis.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
ROFL. Yeah were serious alright. More like desperate attempt to save face. The way they have handled the qb position from day one is grounds for firing. Pioli should be fired after this embarrassment by claiming neck beard.

dirk digler
11-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Awesome news. I am so glad they are not giving up on a 6-10 season and a mid first round pick. We don't need a stupid franchise QB.

Bugeater
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Translated: Please buy tickets and our $9 beers.

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Awesome news. I am so glad they are not giving up on a 6-10 season and a mid first round pick. We don't need a stupid franchise QB.

we may get one in the 1st round if Orton lights it up ( in comparison to Cassel).
Then it'll be up to Clark to see how badly he wants to trade up and get a Franchise QB ( if KC goes 6-10 or 7-9. )

This will be Clark's test to see if he wants the franchise to succeed in going to a SB and profit from it, or if he wants to stay at the status quo to do just well enough to make a solid revenue stream without making any effort and intention to establish KC as a SB contender year in and year out.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
How many more losses does this team need before they realize the season is over? Will they feel that way after we lose our next four and land at 4-10? Or will they still try to beat Denver and Oakland with Orton, lower our draft positon in the hopes that those two wins take us to the playoffs?

jspchief
11-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I might side with the "it's not over yet" sentiment if not for so many of our losses being embarrassing blowouts.

The fluke isn't how many we've lost, it's how many we've won.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 09:17 AM
I might side with the "it's not over yet" sentiment if not for so many of our losses being embarrassing blowouts.

Look at the nature of our wins and you can see it is all smoke and mirrors.

1)We had to come back against a very crappy Minn team who probably would have beaten us had they started Ponder instead of McNabb.

2) We had to stage the biggest comeback in team history to beat easily the worst team in the league (Indy) and a team that has given up on the season.

3) We were a flukey fumbled snap by Rivers away from losing to SD.

4) We beat an Oakland team that started Boller who is Palko bad and when he was replaced, he was replaced by a Carson Palmer who a week prior was on his couch watching football.

We have yet to have a truly dominating win against anyone this year (although Oakland comes the closest). Our schedule gets harder and somehow this organization (and some fans) think that an Orton who is marginally better than Cassel will lead us to victories. We are not making the playoffs this year, so bringing in Orton does nothing but hurt our draft stock. I could care less about the comp pick we could get for him especially if it keeps us from drafting one of the big 3 (Luck, Barkley, or RGIII). Remember Orton lost his job to Tebow and he has won 5 games in 2 years. He is no savior.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Awesome news. I am so glad they are not giving up on a 6-10 season and a mid first round pick. We don't need a stupid franchise QB.This sarcastic post of yours is classless and deranged

scho63
11-27-2011, 09:49 AM
We beat 0-10 Indy by the skin of our teeth, beat 2-8 Minnesota barely, beat a horrible Philip Rivers lead Chargers team on the decline and beat the hell out of a QB less Raider team. Aside from that weak schedule, we once again beat no one of dominance and have been blown out and scored nothing with our wonderful QB.

This season is going nowhere fast and I actually think the Orton signing will either leave him or Cassel left standing. I don't see both remaining as our QB's next year. I still don't understand why Stanzi hasn't played when we were getting blown out earlier this year. That is why Haley doesn't impress me.

notorious
11-27-2011, 09:53 AM
This season is going nowhere fast and I actually think the Orton signing will either leave him or Cassel left standing. I don't see both remaining as our QB's next year. I still don't understand why Stanzi hasn't played when we were getting blown out earlier this year. That is why Haley doesn't impress me.

If either one of them is Pioli's serious attempt at a Franchise QB than this team is doomed again.

FringeNC
11-27-2011, 09:53 AM

I tend to agree with this statement, with one qualifier. Our defense seems geared towards playing with the lead, and when Cassel cannot lead us across the 50 with constant three and outs, we'll get blown out.

How many first possession TDs did Cassel lead us to? Zero if I remember correctly.

BoneKrusher
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Translated: Please buy tickets and our $9 beers.

also Translated:
Clark's saying Show me the Money, fuck winning.

MMXcalibur
11-27-2011, 10:08 AM
It's not that we're losing. We're losing to the point where we don't even look like we belong on the same field as some of these shitty teams we play.

Chiefs football is a joke again.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Look at the nature of our wins and you can see it is all smoke and mirrors.

Same can be said for any team in our division...

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Same can be said for any team in our division...

Agreed, but as a Chiefs fan I know this team is not playoff caliber, with or without Orton.

btlook1
11-27-2011, 10:38 AM
“We’re planning on playing good football,” Haley said. “We really are.”

Well when are we going to start? What is this week 12 now? LOL!

Rausch
11-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Agreed, but as a Chiefs fan I know this team is not playoff caliber, with or without Orton.

Whatever team wins this division is one and done.

Given.

That said I'd prefer to have that plyaoff day. The chance.

Pioli isn't ****ing drafting a QB in the top 25.

I'd bet my avatar for a year on it...

milkman
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM

Given.

Kyle Orton is not getting this team to the playoffs.

crossbow
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
We have a terrible team. Its just that simple. All of these responses are on the money. We should have two legitimate wins and no more. Except for Herm's stars and a few others we are paying for bad drafts. Again, how many offensive coordinators is this team going to go through. Is there anybody out there worth a crap that would come here now? I know if I were a talented coach and was offered a position here I would tell the Fuhrer that I had pressing plans such as:

Clean the garbage cans
Give the cat a bath
Whatever but no thanks

As you guys pointed out, those consistant blow out losses are not flukes. We realy suck.

Coogs
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Given.

If the Faid and/or the Broncos win today, and we do not hold ground by beating the Steelers tonight, you can basically kiss the playoffs goodbye.

tredadda
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Given.

1) I agree with the one and done scenario.

2) So you want that playoff day like last year when our team was absolutely butt raped by Baltimore because our QB was awful (and we couldn't cover the TE)? Orton is marginally better than Cassel and he has 5 wins in 2 years and lost his job to Tim freaking Tebow! I want a chance next year and the year after that and the year after that etc.... Orton and Cassel do not provide that, a QBOTF does. I want more than a chance in the playoffs, I actually want to be the team favored to win not just that game, but win it all.

3) You are probably right about Pioli not drafting a QB in the Top 25, but he also doesn't draft safeties high either till he drafted Berry. Now RGIII and Barkley are not Berry slam dunk no brainer picks, but they are still low risk, high reward picks.

htismaqe
11-27-2011, 10:56 AM

QFT

Bugeater
Kyle Orton is not getting this team to the playoffs.DINT U READ TEH ARTIKLE TEH CHIEFS R SERIOUS NOW

Rasputin
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Rausch
11-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Unlikely.

What we do know is that C@$$#ole isn't getting this team to the playoffs. Healthy or otherwise.

Orton is Elvis Girbac. He has the arm and ability but makes stupid decisions at times.

What I do know is that we can put the ball down the fucking field without it looking like a punt after 20 yards.

I like the move because we know C@$$#ole isn't getting it done and we're bringing in the best option (at the time) to compete/replace him.

If Orton is terrible we still probably get a 5th or a 6th for compensation.

Considering our cap space it's worth it based on that alone...

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
It's gonna be funny if Palko starts and wins this game. (I don't see it, but someone will bet on it.)

Rausch
11-27-2011, 11:08 AM
It's gonna be funny if Palko starts and wins this game. (I don't see it, but someone will bet on it.)

The Steelers have been very inconsistent this year.

I wouldn't predict a Chiefs win but it wouldn't shock me if it was win-able in the 4th.

Not that I'd bet on it...:evil:

Bane
11-27-2011, 11:09 AM

ROFL
Yeah wouldn't that be something.

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
ROFL. Yeah were serious alright. More like desperate attempt to save face. The way they have handled the qb position from day one is grounds for firing. Pioli should be fired after this embarrassment by claiming neck beard.

Why should he be fired for claiming him? We get a draft pick if he leaves anyway

tredadda
11-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Why should he be fired for claiming him? We get a draft pick if he leaves anyway

Yes, but if he costs us RGIII or Barkley by winning meaningless games that wont get us to the playoffs, then the comp pick wont be worth it.

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Given.

Don't paint the whole division with the same brush the Chiefs use when going to the playoffs

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM
After pulling his drunk ass off the carpet for game time. The static electricity in Orton's beard pitted against Haley's well rubbed beard static. Will catapult Pope to new heights

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM

It will be a long shot for sure but "IF" he does it will definitely start the 'drama ball rollng' in getting Cassel out of KC which is a good thing IMO. Then you will have Orton starting next season on a 'short leash' with Stanzi waiting in the wings (a la carbon copy his Denver days).

But I will go out on a limb and say that Orton will have a successful end of the year season for us regardless if we win the division or not and that next year he will be the starter and really take advantage of all the talent around him and will shine brightly:thumb:

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
It will be a long shot for sure but "IF" he does it will definitely start the 'drama ball rollng' in getting Cassel out of KC which is a good thing IMO. Then you will have Orton starting next season on a 'short leash' with Stanzi waiting in the wings (a la carbon copy his Denver days).

But I will go out on a limb and say that Orton will have a successful end of the year season for us regardless if we win the division or not and that next year he will be the starter and really take advantage of all the talent around him and will shine brightly:thumb:

wtf?

chiefs fan are now claiming Orton is our future?

is their any more self-hating fans in sport? this is sick...

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Orton is Elvis Girbac.

Nah, respectfully disagree. Physicality yes but emotional maturity Grbac was a "whiney baby ass complainer" who was a "finger pointer" who also was a "quitter".:rolleyes: Grbac never had the fire in the belly unless it came easy for him.

Orton is head and shoulders above Grbac in intelligence and emotional maturity. You will see:thumb:

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 12:21 PM
wtf?

Not necessarily saying he is our long term answer but am saying he is a helluva an upgrade to what we have witnessed these past 5yrs and given the "now talent" around him and knowing how to read D's and get the ball to them, I say we have a good chance as fans to watch a really good show these next few games and possibly next 2yrs:thumb:

the Talking Can
11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Not necessarily saying he is our long term answer but am saying he is a helluva an upgrade to what we have witnessed these past 5yrs and given the "now talent" around him and knowing how to read D's and get the ball to them, I say we have a good chance as fans to watch a really good show these next few games and possibly next 2yrs:thumb:

what does that even mean...'a good show'?

Kyle Orton?

30 years and we want to waste two more years on a nobody QB who is going nowhere and taking us with him? For a 'good show'?

this team deserves to lose for 30 more years

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 12:43 PM
what does that even mean...'a good show'?

Kyle Orton?

30 years and we want to waste two more years on a nobody QB who is going nowhere and taking us with him? For a 'good show'?

this team deserves to lose for 30 more years

I get your point Can my man, but it is not a waste when you are winning and all of your O talent is fully utilized for the first time is "my point".

Hey if Orton does good for the remainder of this season and starts this team off at 5-1 or 6-0 next season, do you dance with the lady that 'brung ya' or do still chant for that so-called QBOTF you drated with your 1st pick?

The definition of 'winning now' can be very different from the fan vs the GM .:thumb:

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
You guys would lose your next 5-6 games with Aaron Rodgers at QB

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Nah, respectfully disagree.

Fair enough.

Orton has a respectable deep ball (Ca$$#ole does not) but makes stupid rookie decisions when pressured.

I don't care if the INT happened because he hates the food in KC, cries when he doesn't play well, or because he just can't make the throws.

Orton is still an upgrade. An INT 30 yards down field is better than fucking up a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage for a TD...

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Probably not

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Fair enough.

Orton has a respectable deep ball (Ca$$#ole does not) but makes stupid rookie decisions when pressured.

I don't care if the INT happened because he hates the food in KC, cries when he doesn't play well, or because he just can't make the throws.

Orton is still an upgrade. An INT 30 yards down field is better than ****ing up a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage for a TD...

I think the chiefs can pass downfield alot better with Orton than cassel. Cassel and the chiefs have no faith in throwing downfield.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I think the chiefs can pass downfield alot better with Orton than cassel. Cassel and the chiefs have no faith in throwing downfield.

THIS.

And the big play in the passing game is what Haley has wanted.

He had the WR's early and now he's got a QB who can get it to them.

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 12:51 PM

You are right BUT because of our QB situation and ACL bug hitting damn near all of our playmakers, teams will play us flat(a la e.g.YOU) and we will have a good chance IMO. We had the audacity to come out flat against Miami, Buffalo etc....

Hasty Puddings
11-27-2011, 12:52 PM

What a stupid comment.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
You guys would lose your next 5-6 games with Aaron Rodgers at QBFrom one troll to another, I commend you. You have quite a talent.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 12:53 PM

You are on fucking crack...

Sure-Oz
11-27-2011, 12:56 PM
THIS.

And the big play in the passing game is what Haley has wanted.

He had the WR's early and now he's got a QB who can get it to them.

Cassel throws a duck downfield and clearly hates throwing it more than 10 yards. Orton may not be the best but i am hoping they actually open the offense up with him behind center next week. He was pretty solid yardage wise in denver and finding guys over the top. These WR's are pretty damn good too. Too bad he wasn't starting tonight

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 12:59 PM
You are right BUT because of our QB situation and ACL bug hitting damn near all of our playmakers, teams will play us flat(a la e.g.YOU) and we will have a good chance IMO. We had the audacity to come out flat against Miami, Buffalo etc....

Raiders are in the same boat, fucking groin injuries, walking boot distribution, a pussyfoot running back, starting QB collarbone fracture picking up players off the waiver wire to start... I feel your pain dawg

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 01:00 PM
but makes stupid rookie decisions when pressured.

Understand that living here in Denver I saw all of Orton's games and more often than not, he does not make rookie mistakes when pressured. It was very deceiving because they have so many young players and a beat up O-line last year and much of the first part of this season. When a play would break down many of these young players didn't get what to do especially the WRs. Did Orton make mistakes? Sure but not as many as you would think that were actually his fault.

Just sayin is all.;)

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Raiders are in the same boat, ****ing groin injuries, walking boot distribution, a pussyfoot running back, starting QB collarbone fracture picking up players off the waiver wire to start... I feel your pain dawg

If the Fade were smart they'd name Bush the starter and bang teams to death before using that WR speed.

Trade McTurfToe while you can get something...

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 01:03 PM
If the Fade were smart they'd name Bush the starter and bang teams to death before using that WR speed.

Trade McTurfToe while you can get something...

You are probably right, MB is a free agent this year and I would rather have him than pussyfoot.... don't get me wrong I love the power of pussyfoot but if he only plays half the year, that does nothing for me.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:09 PM
You are probably right, MB is a free agent this year and I would rather have him than pussyfoot.... don't get me wrong I love the power of pussyfoot but if he only plays half the year, that does nothing for me.

You're lucky if you get half a year.

That and Bush has proven he can rip the Chargers and Chiefs.

Charles/Bush would be my football wet dream...

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
You're lucky if you get half a year.

That and Bush has proven he can rip the Chargers and Chiefs.

Charles/Bush would be my football wet dream...

DMC is a beast with bad feet... I see him lasting 3 more years Max in the NFL ... I would be satisfied with Jones/ Bush in the backfield if Jones could learn how to block

jspchief
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
wtf?

It's the reason Carl Peterson kept his job for 2 decades. There are actually fans that eat the shit sandwiches he serves up.

Rausch
11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Understand that living here in Denver I saw all of Orton's games and more often than not, he does not make rookie mistakes when pressured. It was very deceiving because they have so many young players and a beat up O-line last year and much of the first part of this season. When a play would break down many of these young players didn't get what to do especially the WRs. Did Orton make mistakes? Sure but not as many as you would think that were actually his fault.

Just sayin is all.;)

Noted.

I haven't had NFLST in 3 years so keeping in the loop has been like trying to infiltrate secret service protection...

whoman69
11-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Sometimes you have to know when to look to another day. This team doesn't have a chance to beat Pitt today. Best case scenario is that after today we are still only 2 games back with five to play. We follow that up with a trip to Chicago and New York then home to play the defending champs. Unless Hanie lays a total egg today we aren't favored in any of those games. If we can win even one of those games the best we can do is 7-9 which puts us in a horrible draft situation. You can say you're making this move to keep the players in it, but they've already played themselves out of it. Its time to look to the future, and Orton is not it. If Pioli really wanted to help this team out he should have found an alternative to Richardson, Piscatelli and Pope.

Chiefshrink
11-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Noted.

I haven't had NFLST in 3 years so keeping in the loop has been like trying to infiltrate secret service protection...

Same here, I wished DirecTV would offer more affordable pkgs like either the options of purchasing 1 team to follow or puchase a division etc....

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I think you should be able to purchase any single game for 19.99 per game like PPV... Then when your team is on Local TV you don't have to waste your money but that will never happen.

DBOSHO
11-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Orton completed something like 51% of his passes throwing to brandon lloyd and jabar fucking gaffney.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Same here, I wished DirecTV would offer more affordable pkgs like either the options of purchasing 1 team to follow or puchase a division etc....

Just call em and tell em you would purchase it, but can only afford "X"$$$$ for it and see where it gets ya.

kcxiv
11-27-2011, 02:00 PM
It's not that we're losing. We're losing to the point where we don't even look like we belong on the same field as some of these shitty teams we play.

Chiefs football is a joke again.

and whats really sad is we are 2 out. As a outside observer and a fan. the Season is done, but for them, they cant look at it that way and i dont blame them one bit. Not yet at least.

Techinically they are still very much in it still, but we know they suck and its not happening. lol

58kcfan89
11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
and whats really sad is we are 2 out. As a outside observer and a fan. the Season is done, but for them, they cant look at it that way and i dont blame them one bit. Not yet at least.

Techinically they are still very much in it still, but we know they suck and its not happening. lol

I know you're not advocating the "we're still in it" thing, but I keep hearing this from national media & whatnot... Have they looked at our fucking schedule? We might have a chance at Denver to end the season. That's about it. Even if Casshole was healthy, I have a hard time believing we'd beat Pittsburgh, NYJ, Chicago or Green Bay.

Screw this team & screw this season. Just draft a damn QB in the first already.

R8RFAN
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
You are still in it

BossChief
11-27-2011, 02:13 PM
This is what they probably see:

Steelers are banged up and Ben is plying with a broken thumb...gives them a bit of hope.
Chicago is another team hurting at quarterback
We have a chance to make the Jets one dimensional win a low scoring game
Green Bay is a loss
28-0
Orton revenge game

That is most likely how they view the remaining and why they have hope, for another week or two at least.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 02:16 PM
This is what they probably see:

Steelers are banged up and Ben is plying with a broken thumb...gives them a bit of hope.
Chicago is another team hurting at quarterback
We have a chance to make the Jets one dimensional win a low scoring game
Green Bay is a loss
28-0
Orton revenge game

That is most likely how they view the remaining and why they have hope, for another week or two at least.While GB is likely a loss, remember the Packers may have everything sewn up by then.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-27-2011, 02:29 PM
It's been pretty embarrassing how Haley and company have ran this team. When you break it down it's been the same, but in a different style, as Herm. Herm=Haley. We need something better.

petegz28
11-27-2011, 02:42 PM
If the Chiefs were serious we wouldn't have had a stable of QB's with 0 experience, save Cassel's NFL starts. The Orton move exposed Pioli for being ignorant and arrogant.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2011, 02:51 PM
If the Chiefs were serious we wouldn't have had a stable of QB's with 0 experience, save Cassel's NFL starts. The Orton move exposed Pioli for being ignorant and arrogant.

These two statements don't make sense. You're contradicting himself.

If Pioli is arrogant and ignorant for having a stable of QBs with 0 experience, signing Orton means he's admitting a mistake.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 02:57 PM
It's been pretty embarrassing how Haley and company have ran this team. When you break it down it's been the same, but in a different style, as Herm. Herm=Haley. We need something better.

Nonsense.

Give Haley Moeaki, Berry and Charles this year and everything is different.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Nonsense.

Give Haley Moeaki, Berry and Charles this year and everything is different.

Last year we got blown out with those guys on the field, and constantly lost to good football teams.

BossChief
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Last year we got blown out with those guys on the field, and constantly lost to good football teams.

That happens when the majority of your good players are extremely young and you have a weak quarterback.

I have no doubt that this team, healthy and with a good QB is a contender.

Blowouts and all.

RealSNR
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I've been saying that for awhile

J Diddy
11-27-2011, 04:46 PM

If Pioli is arrogant and ignorant for having a stable of QBs with 0 experience, signing Orton means he's admitting a mistake.
Not necessarily, Cassel went down and we had to add someone.

petegz28
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM

He is admitting a mistake. That is what I am saying. He was arrogant and ignorant which got us the 3 qb's we started with in the first place

Hammock Parties
11-27-2011, 04:53 PM
He is admitting a mistake. That is what I am saying. He was arrogant and ignorant which got us the 3 qb's we started with in the first place

That makes sense.

WV
11-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't care what they do as long as Cassel isn't back next year.

Chieftain58
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
AGREE! I been saying fire Pioli as well!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
These stupid cocksuckers just don't get it and never will.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Pioli should be fired after this embarrassment by claiming neck beard.:spock: how do you figure?
We had 2 QBs with zero experience. They needed a vet. What else should have been done?

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Not necessarily, Cassel went down and we fortunately got to add someone.

FYP

milkman
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
:spock: how do you figure?
We had 2 QBs with zero experience. They needed a vet. What else should have been done?

What do you expect a QB with experience going to so for this team?